PP-F11) Into the Hive (Hard RGQ- Aereth)

Jonathan stood watching Aereth attack, but the man found no opening and decided to give it up there. Jonathan sighed, and raised his weapon, but frowned as he heard many words from Aereth, that probably were not appropriate for their training day. The blond returned his attention to his target, and charged at it. He smirked as he got close to his enemy, and he brought up with an uppercut, then a downward strike into its head, and finally, six strikes across its front in a horizontal. The ant fell back, hit him on his way down. Jonathan shuffled back, unfazed by the damage.  "Well, that went better than expected.... Get it this time Aereth, and keep it up, we are halfway there." The blond smiled to the scout apprentice and mentally asked himself what Itzal was going to do to further this man. He was remarkable when it came to courage and perseverance, and he liked that in the man. 

Spoiler

73873 BD:7 MD:7

Jonathan 436/600 <47/60> -7+1 HP: 388- (100-92)=380+56=436
@Aereth 340/340 <27/34>+1-2

Giant Ant 160/300 -49(7x7)

Hate Count:
A: 1
J: 5

Edited by Morgenstern
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aereth watched closely as the blonde tank attacked the last ant that seperated them from their quest rewards. As the blonde finished his attack, and thus created an opening for Aereth, the scout apprentice set off towards the ant. “This time there will be no escape.” He thought while charging his sword art.

When Aereth reached the ant, it was still trying to get back up from Jonathan’s attack. Swiftly, Aereth released the sword art and more and more damage markers showed themselves on its body, as Aereth continued his barrage. Finally, the sword art was finished and the brown haired scout retreated back to Jonathans side, while the ant was still trying to recover from the combined attacks of the tank and the scout. “We only need to destroy a third of the ants health points and we’re finished.” The scout thought and waited for the next opening to be made.

Spoiler

ID# 73933 results:
Battle: 10
Damage: (7+2)*2*3=54 DMG

Jonathan 436/600 <47/60>
Aereth 340/340 <22/34>+1-6

Giant Ant 106/300 -54 HP from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
A: 3

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

The blond stood at the read, his weapon glistening in his hand. Aereth knew that they were almost done here, and the man wanted to speed it up a bit. They should have already finished the qust by now, as this ant was the only creature that stood in their way. It was a tenfold more intelligent than those on the previous floors, as this creature was for tier two, not teir one. The blond leapt forward, after Aereth had dealt a ton of damage to his enemy. It was quite saddening that the scout apprentice was dealing almost as much damage as him. Jonathan was a tank, but now excuse to deal such little damage. I need to work on my damage soon, but after I get my Tanking skill up to par. I need to have a considerable amount of Mit before I think about getting a ton of damage. I am a tank, not a DPS. 

The charged forward, heading straight forward at his enemy. As he got into range, Jonathan leapt upwards, and smited down, but the ant dodged easily, making him miss by feet. Cursing himself silently, Jonathan retreated backwards, but not before being struck again, his health was still rising luckily thanks to his battle healing and Regen. 

Spoiler

73951 BD:1 MD:7

Jonathan 484/600 <47/60> 436- (100-92)=428+56=484
@Aereth 340/340 <22/34>+1-6

Giant Ant 106/300 

Hate Count:
A: 3

Edited by Morgenstern

Just as Aereth retreated out of the attack range of the ant, the blond tank himself started to attack the ant again. Their teamwork was on point and even though the ants on this floor were dangerous enemies, Aereth hadn’t felt any fear at all, since the tank was doing a great job in gathering the hat of the enemies.

Unfortunately, he missed another hit and got attacked by the ant in return. To no avail, since his healing and regeneration skills healed the whole damage the ant inflicted. Smiling Aereth missed no second, and followed up with an attack himself as the ant was stuck in its post motion delay after attacking the tank. He managed to get a critical hit on the ant again, and its health points dropped by a huge chunk again. “We’re almost there.” He said to his blonde tank comrade, while avoiding some futile attacks from the ant.

Spoiler

ID# 73959 results:
Battle: 10 Crit. HIT
Damage: (7+2)*2*3=54 DMG

Jonathan 484/600 <47/60>
Aereth 340/340 <17/34>+1-6

Giant Ant 52/300 -54 from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
A: 5

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan stood, watching as Aereth made another attack, right after his. He seemed to be doing a great job on most of his hits. His abilities on fighting were quite high, especially for a scout. The apprentice got another critical, bringing its health down just enough so if Jonathan got a critical, it was dead. Grinning at the thought, Jonathan burst forward, trying to slash his opponent, but his blade sailed past, not dealing any damage. Enraged, Jonathan leapt backwards and away, and shoved Zodiark, his tier one blade, into the ground. "Why, why does it always have to end up being me? Why is it me, the tank, who always has problems with combat?" Angered with himself, Jonathan stood silent, he would guess he could just allow Aereth to finish this, but next turn he would have to howl if he did not get an opening. 

Spoiler

73964 BD:4 MD:2

Jonathan 504/600 <46/60> +20
@Aereth 340/340 <17/34>+1-6

Giant Ant 52/300 -54 from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
A: 5

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth once again watched as the blonde tank was trying his best to land another, maybe the last, hit on the god damned ant. Unfortunately, the ant was able to avoid every hit Jonathan threw at it. Seemingly frustrated, the paladin returned back to Aereth and planted his blade into the ground. Right now there was no time to worry about the frustrated Jonathan. Even if he failed to damage the ant, he did a great job in creating an opening for Aereth to attack again.

He sped towards the Giant Ant, charged a sword art and as soon as he got in range of the ants weak spot, released the sword art to deal again, some damage to the almost dead creature. “No crit this time.” He thought and retreated back to Jonathan. Now the ant only hung on to a tiny bit of health which could be deleted by Jonathan or Aereth’s next attack…

Spoiler

ID# 73966 results:
Battle: 5+3 HIT
Damage: 7*3*2=42 DMG

Jonathan 504/600 <46/60> +20
Aereth 340/340 <12/34>+1-6

Giant Ant 10/300 -42HP from Aereth's attack

Hate Count:
A: 6

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan stood by, watching as Aereth literally did all of the work by himself. He had dealt practically all of the damage on this enemy, leaving Jonathan to just tanking all of the hits. Like always. Aereth made another successful attack, bringing it down to oe helth point remaining. Jonathan smiled and charged, slashing upwards at the enemy. His blade missed the ants body, and immediately a course of rage took over the man. He flung his weapon into his sheath, not paying attention to the fact that now Aereth was under attack. The ant charged the other man, but veered far to the left, missing him by a mile. The blond stood on the sidelines a bit ticked. As a Paladin, he should not let this much anger show, but it was reasonable. Missing every freaking time is not acceptable. He should be the one dealing the damage, not forcing Aereth to do it. 

Spoiler

74031 BD:5 MD:1

Jonathan 524/600 <46/60> +20
@Aereth 340/340 <12/34>+1-6

Giant Ant 10/300 

Hate Count:

A: 6

Edited by Morgenstern

Aereth saw Jonathan missing once again, and immediately charged in for a last attack. Even though the ant was now focused on the scout apprentice, Aereth was confident that he could take out the ant with no problems if his attack connected.

As the two opponents came clashing at each other, Aereth dodged a heavy right hook from the ant, readjusted his stance and his sword started to glow. As soon as the sword art finished its charging, Aereth released the attack. The blade went through the armor of the ant like a hot knife through butter, and after some moments the ant scattered into thousand little polygons. Unfortunately for them there was yet again no reward for killing the ant, which meant that they had to fight at least two more to finish the quest.

Aereth sheathed his blade and walked back to Jonathan, who looked slightly enraged. Unsure how he should approach this situation, he decided to fetch another bottle of water from his inventory, and tossed it to the blonde tank. After that he sat down on the ground besides Jonathan. “Seems like we need to kill at least another two of those retarded ants…"

Spoiler

ID# 74035 results:
Battle: 6
Loot: 5

Giant Ant 0/300

Materials: 5+1=6

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth got the last hit on the mob, fighting with pure flawlessness. At the moment, he was the only one dealing any damage to these guys. He was sorry and proud with Aereth at the same time. It was a bait bad though since he was supposed to be the superior one, and the one doing all the work. He felt bad about it, but he was begin a bit like Kasier. She fulfilled her job great! She could not do literally anything else. He sighed and tried another thing. Searching. Scanning the ground for potential materials, he killed some time. Perhaps instead of sitting here, he should go and work on another ant, and have Aereth come in after the fight. It was quite the smart decision. All the cash they could get was great. He was not sure about Aereth, but he had been putting every bit of col he could scrounge up just to get one. They needed a guild hall desperately. They needed it for the frontlines, events, training. Just about anything they could ask for. The blond could have gotten a house, but at the moment, the guild was much more important. 

74548 LD:8

@Aereth

Edited by Morgenstern

Seeing how Jonathan didn’t talk at all and started to look for materials, Aereth also got up and started to look for materials. Aereth wasn’t quite sure if he was mad at him because he failed them to get some loot out of the encounter, or if he was in a sour mood because of another reason. “If he wants to talk about it he will, but until I recovered my energy, I will also look for some materials.” He thought as he looked around. Luckily he got graced by finding a set of materials a little bit away from the place they fought earlier.

Aereth for himself was saving up the money for the possibility to get his hands on a unique skill, if the system stayed like this until he was able to afford to buy a rumour, that is. Right now he had only about 25k but the constant grinding ensured that he had a steady Col income

Spoiler

ID# 74809 results:
Loot: 11+4

Materials: 6+4=10

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan stepped forward and Aereth was seeming to still work on getting his energy back up. "Hey man, you get some rest and get your energy back. I am going to go start another battle. Do not join until your energy is recovered." The blond nodded to him before moving some more distance. Soon he was engulfed by another ant, protecting his hive. 'I need some loot from this guy.' Jonathan leapt forward lashing out. He dealt some damage instead of missing which was great. The ant faltered back no attacking him. This battle had gotten off to a great start, now he just needed to end it like that. If he kept hitting, he should have enough hate already to keep Aereth safe when he joined. The blond twirled his weapon 'Zodiark'. His tier one weapon was sufficent,  but not as much as he wanted. He could almost deal twice the damage. 

Spoiler

74925 BD:6 MD:1

[1]Jonathan 564/700 40/60 544+20

Giant Ant 301/350 -49

@Aereth

Edited by Morgenstern
  • 2 weeks later...

When Jonathan stepped foreward to annaounce that he would start another battle while Aereth recovered his energy, he immediately understood what he wanted to do. Even though Jonathan didn’t need to prove anything to Aereth, he just nodded and answered. “Sure man. I’ll continue with some material gathering until I got back my energy. Just stay safe.” With that Jonathan walked off and Aereth continued to look for some materials.

“Even though I’m a little bit worried about his mental condition after this fight, I need to let him do some work on his own. He did a great job in keeping me safe and doesn’t have to worry about the missing.” He thought as he looked around. He just needed a little bit more energy to get in combat again. Hopefully Jonathan would find what he was looking for in this solo fight. And more important, hopefully he wouldn’t get reckless and risk his life…

Spoiler

ID# 75999 results:
Loot: 2

Materials: 10

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan kept his part of the deal with Aereth well. As the ant smacked at him with his legs, he quickly rolled to the other side. If it bit at him, then he just as easily blocked the bite with his shield, bapping it right in the nose. As it finally came again, he rose his shield, smacked it with his shield, then somersaulted over. As he came down, he slashed down its body, then simply just kept slashing another six times. The tank rolled backwards as the ant finally caught up to him and bit at him again. Aereth should have his energy back by now. He looked over to the man, who was happily finding materials. "Cool materials! I could use a bit of assistance though!" the blond laughed and dodged another attack. This ant was most definently the feistiest. 'Almost there!'

Spoiler

76005 BD:8 MD:2

[2]Jonathan 584/700 34/60 564+20 -6 energy

Giant Ant 252/350 -49

@Aereth

Edited by Morgenstern

Just as Jonathan called out to him. Aereth’s energy bar hit the maximum and he was ready to battle again. Before attacking Aereth changed his Discovery Ring to his Dexterous Intent and he was ready. Now with his sword of legion, Goldcrest and Dexterous Intent equipped, he stormed into the battle.

Immediately charging one of his sword arts, he closed the distance in between him and the ant and released the blow on the opposing ant. It ripped away a good amount of its health points, and Aereth had enough time to retreat back to stay safe. “You’ve done quite an amount of damage to the ant already. This shouldn’t take much longer. And I’ll try to get the last hit on the ant if it’s possible to finally finish the quest. After that we can relax and finally collect the reward from this freaking quest.” He said to the blonde tank in front of him.

Spoiler

ID# 76370 results:
Battle: 6+3
Damage: 7*3*2=42DMG

[2]Jonathan 584/700 34/60 564+20 -6 energy
[1] Aereth 340/340 29/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 210/350 -42

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

OOC Just realized I screwed up my health... It should have been still 600

This battle was going much better actually. Aereth had now joined in the battle rather quickly and took another chunk of health of the ant. Jonathan smiled. It was up to him again. He doubted of course, that his luck would prevail. He charged forward, his sword having a golden hue from his energy. He leapt forward, bringing his sword down with him. The ant dodged his attack, and bit at him. Rolling to the side Jonathan came back up and out unharmed. It really sucked that Aereth was having to do all the hard work over here. Growling at himself he stepped back nodding for Aereth to go once more. If it was him alone, Jonathan would have problems with getting this quest completed. That also means he might be having to howl soon if he missed one more time. He did not want Aereth to get in arms way. 

Spoiler

76371 BD:3 MD:4

[2]Jonathan 600/600 33/60 584+20 -1 energy
[1] Aereth 340/340 29/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 210/350 -42

@Aereth

Edited by Morgenstern

It really seemed that Aereth brought the tank paladin no luck when they were together in combat. Jonathan had been doing very well in the fight against the Giant Ant until Aereth also joined the fight. Somehow Aereth's presence alone made the killer ants more attentive and quicker in comparison to when Jonathan fought them alone. Aereth cursed inwardly. "F*ck, maybe this is another special ability from those f*cking ants..." he thought and stormed in for another attack.

His sword started to glow in a dark blue color as he closed the distance once again. The ant was still stuck in post motion delay after the failed attack attempt, and for Aereth this was more than enough time to get another hit on the huge ant. He struck at the ant multiple times and retreated back behind the tank paladin. "We got this. Don't worry." he then said to Jonathan and rested his hand on the shoulder of his friend.

Spoiler

ID# 76372 results:
Battle: 7+3

[2]Jonathan  600/600         33/60 584+20 -1 energy
[2] Aereth     340/340         24/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 168/350 -42

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan stood his ground as he watched Aereth attacking, once again flawlessly hitting the ant. The battle was going well, he just had to keep up some of the momentum. The man retreated behind him, and the Ant did not look to happy itself. Jonathan held up his weapon and immediately it began to glow with a golden tint. "Alright, lets go!" Jonathan advanced forward, twisting to the side to dodge a quick snap from the ant. "Whoa there!" Jonathan brought down his weapon and hacked away, bringing its health down even further. It was almsot dead. They were almost there. "Alright, you got it now Aereth, just keep on focusing. The Paladin was a tad pleased with himself for hitting this many times in a fight, but he had to keep his calm as the fight was still going on. The ant had not done anything to them this time, which was amazing.

Spoiler

76431 BD:7 MD:1

[2]Jonathan  600/600         27/60  -6 energy
[2] @Aereth     340/340         24/34 

Giant Ant 168/350 -42

Edited by Morgenstern

"Yes." Aereth answered the blonde tank and followed him as he charged at the ant. Jonathan landed another solid hit and with that created a decent opening for Aereth to attack on his own. He charged his sword art and leaped into the air, jumping over Jonathan and striking several times at the Giant Ant in front of him. Fortunately for them The ant didn't even try to retaliate and thus the two friends and guild mates were able to retreat back to safety without any problems. 

They were working together like they a clockwork. Creating opening and helping each other to retreat back to safety. The ant was clinging once again onto it's last health points and another combined attack form the two Celestial Ascendants would surely end the mob for good. They only needed to let Aereth get the last hit, since he had better chances of getting the requested non material drop from the monster...

Spoiler

ID# 76694 results:
Battle: 4+3 Hit

[3]Jonathan  600/600         33/60 584+20 -1 energy
[3] Aereth     340/340         19/34 -6+1

Giant Ant 77/350 

OOC you forgot to edit the Hate Count and the Health of the Ant. I corrected it (i calculated 49 DMG from your last attack

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth

Jonathan watched as Aereth followed him in, striking with amazing speed and force. The man was much weaker in level, but he was completely doing all of the damage. He was quite a bit proud, and definitely will mention the hard work shown by Aereth to Itzal. The man was hot on his tail when it came to hate. If only he had an accuracy item and a Tier Two weapon, it might be going in a different direction. He raised his weapon, pointing it at the ant. From there he snickered and twirled his weapon, raising his shield. He <<Howled>> to ensure he had the attention. It appeared to be good that he did because the Ant began to charge him, snapping his leg. He backed away, a bit pained form the bite. It was almost dead by now, so hopefully they could get some loot and only have one left. The adventure they were on was getting a little boring he had to admit 

Spoiler

Alright Sorry, I was really busy that day and just wanted to post real quick. 

76711 MD:8

[6]Jonathan 600/600 <> 33/60 [(110-92)-18 HP, +56 HP/ -0 EN]
[3] @Aereth 340/340 <> 19/34

Giant Ant 77/350

Edited by Morgenstern

Boring was an understatement. The two Celestial Ascendants have been out here, slaying monsters and searching for materials for a couple of hours now and if they were lucky enough to get a non material drop from the ant they still needed to kill off one more before finishing the quest...

With the ants focus now only on Jonathan again, Aereth was able to exploit the fact that the ant again turned its back to him. He rushed in again with his sword glowing from the charged sword art and attack it multiple times before dodging into safety again. The health of the ant was now in the red again and Aereth decided to change up his equipment. His armor vanished and a second ring was now shining on his left ring finger. It was his discovery ring that boosted the odds of getting loot from the enemy. His blade at the ready, Aereth waited for the next move of the ant in anticipation of killing it off for good.

Spoiler

ID# 76861 results:
Battle: 10 Hyper Critical Hit
Damage: (7+2)*3*2=54DMG

[6]Jonathan 600/600 <> 33/60
[5] Aereth 340/340 <> 14/34

Giant Ant 23/350

Materials: 10

@Morgenstern

Edited by Aereth