[PP-F11] What a Terrible Evening For Rain...(HDA Members)

Jevi had not been standing alone for long before he felt two hands on her shoulders, fingers massaging the muscles of her shoulders like kneading dough. Her eyelids slowly fell to cover her golden eyes as she let out a small, satisfied sigh. Turning to look over her shoulder, she saw the familiar, vibrant pink hair. "Hey Ruby I'd.. really rather not talk about it right now." The woman, however, felt as thought introductions were in order for the rest of the guild, at least the members who, Ruby believed, she had not met, "Wait but I-" Before Jevi could say anything, she was being led off to where the rest of the guild had been mingling. The brunette simply shook her head as Ruby called the attention of everyone to introduce her to them, "I've.. already pretty much met everyone Ruby." She said with a chuckle. Her gaze tailed around the room, the only players she did not recognize were the purple haired duo that had walked in late, and the smaller brunette who sported pigtails. Jevi struggled to remember the bespectacled brunette who was also in attendance, but remembered seeing her face around awhile ago. 

Kimi was happy to see that everyone was having a good time. While Telrenya came to greet Hestia for the first time and they exchanged greeting Kimi popped into the conversation and said, "Yeah adorable person here is the Guild Mom." Kimi giggled a little bit as she said that just to poke fun at Telrenya before continuing. "I was actually planning on trying to get a dance off with daddy, but I didn't want to be rude and interupt your very cute moment on the dance floor." Kimi said very playfully. A little while later Spencer came up to the couple and asked what happened giving a smug smile. Kimi couldn't help, but blush a little bit as she knew that Spencer probably witnessed the kiss that they shared in the middle of the dance floor. "Well i'm pretty sure you know already." Kimi said as her face started to glow bright red. Kimi proceed to hid her face a little more as she mustered up the courage to say, "You saw us right?"

While everyone was enjoying their time in the main banquet room of Ryo's estate. Noodle and Noot explored the house and found Ryo and Teion talking. Noot popped his head into the room, but ended up stumbling in and gave a little "Noot Noot" while waving. Following this Noodle closed in behind squeezing his way through the partially opened door before it closed on it own. After popping in Noodle also stumbled right behind Noot and fell on top of him knocking themselves both down. Noodle picked himself up helping Noot up also before looking back at Teion and Ryo with his beady eyes and did a little waddle toward them copying Noots way of getting around. As he reached them Noodle 'booped' his nose on Teions leg and looked up holding out his forepaws as if he expected something.  

Teion stared at the man, lids half-closed with brows slightly narrowed as she awaited his explanation. They dropped a bit further after he had, and she shifted her weight with her arms still crossed. "Why?" She asked bluntly, before revising her question a moment later. "At least, why like this? Why are you intent on setting up some...stage for something like that?!" Her tone grew the slightest bit harsher after she had found the right word to use. Her arms unfolded, and she held her left out to the side, pointing outward. "My friend is down there, and she's been through enough. Like hell I'm going to stand there and watch her PTSD flare up 'cause you wanna clear your conscious in bulk." She was lecturing him, and harshly at that. Being gentle wasn't exactly something that came easily to her, at least not anymore. But she was beginning to realize exactly how sharp her criticism was.

Just then, the sound of the door swinging shut behind her caused the woman to give a small start, and she quickly spun around. Her surprised gaze dropped to the floor where it was met with the two wandering familiars. Teion blinked, and her shoulders dropped some of their tension as Spencer's penguin cheerfully greeted them. Her demeanor suddenly changed, and the corner of her mouth pulled up into a half smile as she bent down. "What in the world are you doing in here, Little Noot?" She scooped the baby penguin up in her arms and cradled the familiar to keep him from wandering. A second later, she felt Noodle's snout poking at her leg, and she looked down to meet the shark-hybrid's expectant gaze. She shifted her weight again, smirking down at Noodle. "Really?" She sighed, pulling her left hand from under the penguin and opening her menus. She retrieved a single chocolate-chip cookie, leaning down to hand it to him. "Fine, just don't tell your mom."

After the distraction of the exploratory familiars had been dealt with, Teion's attention shifted back to Ryo. Her smile faded, and her brows turned up with a new expression of concern. "Look," She started, taking on a different approach. "I had ignored the things you'd done. I tried to forget about what you told me because it was blocking me from seeing the 'you' that you were trying to show me afterwards. Besides, I can look past some pretty f*cked up stuff, apparently." A bit of sass came through as she easily recalled the instances in which not only Ryo, but the protective Hestia reprimanded her for even associating with her now-ex-boyfriend Aereth. Her head tilted slightly to the side, and her left hand began to idly stroke the short, soft fur of Noot's head and belly. "And, now I know you. At least, I think so anyway." She took on another half-smile. "And I can accept those pieces of your past." Teion chin jerked to the side, as she gestured to the space outside of the bedroom they stood in. "If this is something that you really want to tell them, don't cheapen it with some fake party." She reasoned. "The ones you really want to trust with that information, and you, both deserve better than that."

Teions words hit Ryo like stones as they were thrown at him. Why did he set this all up? Because they wouldn't have come if he asked them to? He ran a hand through his hair. That was a dumb answer. Teion mentioned her friend, most likely meaning Piera. And how would she feel about it if Ryo just came clean about it all now? He hadn't thought about that. How everyone else would feel. He worried about it sure but never thought about how they would feel about it. He only worried about how they treat him afterward. He was being, selfish. Ryo couldn't think of anything to say back, his mind was too busy trying to comprehend what it was he was actually doing. Who was he doing this for? For himself, or for them? Ryo looked up, his concentration is broken as the door was opened slightly. Two animals stepped in. A penguin, and a shark-dog-hybrid-thing. Teion referred to them as Little Noot, the penguin. But she had refused to name the Shark-Dog. Ryo squinted at the absurd adorableness of the two animals and Teion. He stood silently as Teion explained to him further. That she had looked beyond his sins of the past so that she could get to know the real him. He felt his eyes water, and he fought to keep his tears in place. Ryo swallowed, now ready to speak.

He took in a deep breath. "You're right." He said, agreeing with her. "Absolutely right. Doing this right now would be selfish." He said, taking a step towards Teion. "They'll find out, but in time. When the moment's right. Telling them now would ruin too many things." He said, wiping at his eye. "Ugh, there goes that ninja cutting onions again." He said, letting out a half chuckle as knelt down and began to pet the Shark-Dog. "Thank you Teion. For talking some sense into me. Pennyworth tried, but he just kept saying 'Master please reconsider' over and over again." He said, still petting the shark dogs, fur? "You made me think about it at least." He stood up after a moment and looked at Teion. Ryo took a step closer to Teion, going to pet the Penguin. "Can't be ignoring you now can I?" He said, reaching out for the penguin.

Instead of accepting his fondness and attention, instead, the penguin began to flail around some apparently not liking the man. "Whoa-kay?" Ryo cried out, taking his hand away quickly for fear of being nipped by the bird. The bird struggled in Teion's arms. Desperate to be free, the bird wriggled and flailed till it was free. The penguin kicked off of Teion's chest, landed on the floor and took off. But not before it had knocked Teion off balance and heading to the floor. Ryo reached out the grab Teion but did not want to step on the shark dog, and his grab was awkward at best. He too fell with Teion. Expecting to feel the hard surface of the floor, he was instead surprised by the soft feeling of a mattress. He opened his eyes now glad that his bed had broken his fall. He looked over at Teion who was also on the bed beside him. "I don't think he likes me all that much." He said, chuckling.

Spencer smiled at Kimi, the blush on her face was adorable. "Well, the two of you are very cute, and I'm glad you are both finding someone who makes you happy. Lord knows that is hard to come by." He gave a smile and patted Kimi on the shoulder, walking away. Now where did you get to you adorable little penguin, aren't you exploring with Noodle? You two are so small this is going to be difficult. He sighed and climbed the stairs, the steps that both Ryo and Teion had used just moments ago. "I really hope you two haven't gotten yourself into trouble, your mother and me will be very upset with you." He said to himself and laughed, shaking his head.

Spencer paused for a moment when he heard movement, and the adorable noise of Noot. He smiled and was about to open the door, but a distressed noise caused his heart to jump and him to grasp. He was worried for the worst, maybe Noot was hurt, maybe something worse just happened. Spencer pulled the door open quickly, just to see a distressed Penguin running towards Spencer and grabbing on to his leg, almost like the little Penguin didn't want Spencer to see what was going on. Spencer looked up, spotting Noodle. "Hey there little guy, what have you been up to? Is Noot fine?" He picked up the two animals, looking at Noodle and Noot for a moment, Noot seemed to be trying to push Spencer out of the room. "What is going on-" He voice caught in his throat, what he saw in front of him spelled out exactly what was going on.

Spencer blinked once, twice, but yet he couldn't shake the nightmare he was walking into. Something awoken inside of him, and all he wanted to do was be asleep. He bit the inside of his cheek softly, then harder to stop any out cry he had at the moment. His legs, wobbly from over running emotions, slowly allowed him to stand on shaky steps. "S-so Sorry Y-Y-You two. I didn't know you two..." He gulped and turned around, almost slammed the door shut as he left the room. Spencer gasped and ran to the next room, setting Noodle down in the process, his heart beating loud and painful. He slammed the door shut of the other room and pressed his back against the door, gasping for breath he didn't know was gone from his lungs. His mind was running a million miles a minute, while his body wanted to stop everything. Please no....

He slowly slid down to the floor and shook his head. He knew, deep in his soul, that there was nothing going to happen with him and Ryo, he knew that. The same thought ran in his mind Every. Single. God. Damn. Day he was in this game. He understood that. But why, why does this hurt so much that crying isn't enough? Why is feeling sad not something that can comprehend my emotions any more? Why isn't this... enough. He felt a hot tear rolled down his face, then another one, then a waterfall of why am I not good enough fell from his eyes and hit the ground. "Why didn't you want to be with me Eric-" He stopped and covered his mouth, that name was something he forced himself to forget. No! do NOT think of him, he was something that is never going anywhere! Do NOT think of him Spencer. STOP.

Spencer rubbed his eyes and made a small noise with his crying, pausing and covering his mouth, he didn't think about everyone else in the building, he had no idea if no one was going to hear him crying. Noot, the adorable fluff of black and white fur, coed softly and rubbed against the crying man's leg, trying to comfort him in any way that he could. He smiled a little bit and picked up the penguin, cuddling the creature close to his chest. "Thank you Noot." He mumbled and felt the penguin wipe away a tear that he felt forming on his eye. He sighed softly and looked up. "I am over him, I need to force myself over him. It isn't his fault, it is not her fault. It is not anyone's fault. This is my [censored] to deal with and I will deal with it. I'm not in love with Ryo, I do not want him." He said, and started to repeat it slowly, he needed all of that to be true.... he needed it to be true more than he needed anything else to be true at that moment.

And starting now... it was finally starting to become true.

I chuckle ever so slightly at Spencer's comment about having seen the two of us as i blush a little bit and rubs the back of my head. Blushing mainly from the fact that he says he ships the both of myself and Kimi. I then hear what Kimi says and nods my head with a smile. yeah i'm sure you know Spencer, but i will answer anyway and it was at the Masquerade. I say to Spencer with a happy smile on my face as i glance around the room to see what everyone is up to and sees that soon after we speak that Spencer heads off most likely to talk to others, or explore the mansion.  I then look towards with a smile deciding i should try to spend some time with this girl to try and get to know all the members within the guild. So @Telrenya it is really nice to finally meet you since we haven't had much time at all to talk in any manner. So if i may ask can i talk to you to try and get to know you? I want to try and get to know everyone within the guild, and so far i think it is only yourself and Jevi that i haven't spent much time with to try and get to know in any manner. I say towards the blond haired girl.

Ruby had blinked a few times when she had said that she had pretty much met everyone already, however eventually she had said out to her "I uh... I knew that." she had giggled a little bit nervously. Ruby had looked around and everything had seemed to be just conversations and just people talking to one another, Ruby had felt like something was up... Ruby had looked around and didn't really see much of a party unless this is how the rich would actually do a party. She had taken in a deep breath and looked around to see that not everyone was present in the same place. Ruby had lost her patience a little bit and said out "Alright, so is this an actual party or are we just going to stand around waiting for the host to tell us what we can and cannot do. Let's get moving instead of just having normal conversations we could have had in our own times, rather being here for a "party"" she had looked around "Please and thanks?"

Teion suppressed a laugh that resulted in a small snort when Ryo joked off the tears that threatened his composure. A half-smirk persisted on her expression, and she shifted her weight while still cradling Noot in her arms. "I mean, I get it. Not wanting to keep it a secret forever. But that's a lot for anyone to take in, even one-on-one." In the back of her head, she wondered just how some of the people downstairs might react to Ryo's dark past. Her face nearly paled as Hestia came to mind. But she thought again about her bespectacled friend, and the terrible ordeal she had retold not long ago. Teion's gaze dropped, and her tone shifted slightly as she voiced a selfish request of her own. "Just... Leave Piera out of it. Please."

"Oh, have you met them before?" She asked once Ryo turned his attention onto the familiars in the room. She had opened her mouth to introduce the smaller creatures, but Noot's sudden outburst caused her to falter. "Woah, hey!" She had tried to move to release the penguin more carefully from her hold, but he wriggled free more violently than she had expected, and she stumbled backwards. The backs of her calves collided with a piece of furniture, and her eyes squeezed shut as she lost her balance. With the miniature heart-attack subsiding, Teion opened her eyes again to see Ryo joking alongside her. Turning her head to the side, her cheeks began to burn as unwanted memories of a similar scenario came to mind, and she could only stammer out a fraction of a reply.

But then she heard another voice coming from the doorway that caused her to sit up in a hurry. Her eyes widened and her blush deepened when she saw Spencer, having walked in on perhaps the most embarrassing misunderstanding he possibly could have. But the man didn't just seem flustered. There was something else in his eyes--some sort of pain, or betrayal. "S-Spencer!" She tried to stop him from leaving seconds too late, and instead Teion's head fell forward until it met the heel of her palm. She stood up from the bed, still thoroughly embarrassed. "Uhm, you should probably go, do party host things." She managed, waving a hand in the air as she made for the door. "I need to talk to him."

Emerging into the long hallway, Teion's head turned from one side to the other, the sandy blonde nowhere in sight. She let out a small curse under her breath before carrying herself forward, determined to find the distraught man. She didn't have to search for long before a muffled voice reached her ear, and she froze. Moving carefully towards the edge of another door down the hall, Teion could hear soft cries followed by more softened words. She stood on the opposite side, struggling to make out what Spencer was saying, either to himself or perhaps to the familiar that he had carried out of the room with him. Staring down at the crack between the ground and the door, her eyes went wide when she caught enough of what the man was saying to explain his reaction. He liked Ryo. 'Oh Gods, now you've done it, Thea...' She squeezed her eyes shut for a second while she mentally scolded herself. The violette placed a hesitant hand upon the wooden surface and leaned forward until she could feel her tilted forehead pressing lightly against it as well. She drew in a breath through her nose, steeling herself for the words she spoke next. "Spencer? It's me. I... I'm probably the last person you want to see right now, but...can we talk?"

Right, yes, that's where she'd heard it from. With Kimi calling her 'Guild Mom' again, and in the midst of company between all of their friends and guildmates, Telrenya's cheeks burned brightly with embarrassment. Not only that, but the casual way in which she mentioned a 'daddy'--whom she assumed was meant to be Jomei--sounded much too awkward coming from the younger player. "O-oh, well s-sorry..." She stammered out in a shy response to Kimi's expressed desire to share a dance with the Irishman.

She cleared her throat in an attempt to shake off the nervous embarrassment, and turned her attention to Hestia, thankful to be able to focus on a different point of conversation. "Oh, of course." The smile she wore became a bit more natural. "Seeing everyone here, I feel like I really have been neglecting getting to know everyone."

The woman blinked in surprise at Ruby's brief call to attention, her brows turning upwards as she let out a small chuckle. "Rubyyy~" She playfully whined at her friend's urging for excitement, which Telrenya was left to assume was brought about by boredom or impatience. "We just came from the dance, I'm all partied out." She admitted.

Jomei watched as the violet haired man made his way up the stairs and disappeared down a hallway, the thought of the man's upcoming announcement still on his mind. With a small shrug of his shoulders, the ginger turned to the table where Ryo and his butler had set up beverages for those in attendance. Taking two ornate looking glasses in his hand, Jomei looked into a glass bowl with matching grooves and patterns caved into it, its contents pink and smelling of an array of fresh fruits. After filling each of the glasses in his hand with the drink, the Irishman made his way back over to the blonde who spoke with Hesita and Kimi, handing one of the cups to her. Jomei looked to Ruby, his brows pinching together in the center, "I agree with Tel.. but what did you have in mind?" he said with a small, breathy chortle. After making small circles with the cup in his hands, the pink liquid creating a small whirlpool in the glass, the man rose the drink to his lips, the sweet taste of the fruit punch causing him to close his eyes in satisfaction. 

Well i don't know about everyone else for myself, but i have certainly not met all that much with that Jevi girl, yourself, and whoever the last girl is. I say while pointing towards Piera. Having never seen that girl before even during the masquerade. Not remembering the sight of her as i then look back towards Telrenya. But yeah i certainly been doing my best at trying to talk and get to know people within the guild. Just been hard sometimes since i kinda do lots of questing and stuff to the point one of my friends says i have a problem with not knowing how to relax. I say with a nervous chuckle as i rub the back of my head. But yeah maybe another thing to talk at another time, but for now why don't we try to get to know each other as much as possible. I certainly would like to get to know you more Telrenya. That is a mouth full can i shorten it to something? I ask the blond curiously.

@Telrenya

Spencer clung to his penguin for comfort, it felt like he was the only thing that could make Spencer even remotely happy right now. He cried silently for a moment.... then there was a knock on the door. His heart dropped, and the voice that followed it made his heart pang with pain. He bit his lip and sat there, he just wanted her to go away, he needed her to go away. He groaned silently and curled up closer into a ball, trying to drown out the noises in his head, and the voice outside. Noot, seeing Spencer in such distress, had an idea for him to be a bit happier. Noot slowly climbed up Spencer's body, which Spencer promptly ignored, and Noot jumped off of Spencer's shoulder and latched on to the door knob. Noot's weight slowly opened up the door, and the momentum, plus Teion's knocking, helped push the door slowly open.

The creak of the old hinges made Spencer look up for a moment, and he saw the door start to open. He gave a glare at Noot, he was going to deal with the penguin in a bit but then looked up to see a distressed Teion on the other side of the door. Spencer shot up, trying his best to look okay. He knew that it was all in vain, so after a moment, he let his body sag a bit more and he looked at Teion through wet eyes and disheveled bangs. I don't even know what to say to the woman, I don't hate her, I want to be her friend. But... I hate that I like Ryo. I know I will get over him, but I'm not there yet... and it is killing me. "H-Hi Teion... I'm not going to fake my emotions with you, you're too intelligent for that... I'm not okay." He mumbled and bit his lip, running a hand through his hair before he spoke again. "I'm not upset with you, please don't think that for some reason that I hate you, or that I can't be around you. You really are  friend of mine and I don't want to loose you as a friend. I-I like Ryo, as you can tell. He is the only guy I've met that likes guys, and is open about that. I latched on to him when I shouldn't have. And I dragged my emotions with him even though I knew I had to stop." His voice shook a bit.

"I want you to be happy. Dear god please be happy. If you like him, go for him. I refuse to be someone that stands in the way of someone being with someone else. I just..... I need time to fix myself... And I'm not sure how that is going to happen yet." He smiled sadly and gave the woman and soft hug. "I know I basically didn't give you a chance to talk," He laughed softly a bit before continuing, "But knowing that you even care to come talk to me when you knew something was wrong, that is enough for me to know you care." He wiped his face, and picked up Noot. He might have been faking his emotions a bit at the moment, but he was trying to put on a brave face and push forward with his problems and work everything out in time. She's a good woman..... Her and Ryo... They'll be good together. He looked at the woman, and Noot waved to her, a sad/happy look on his face. 

Nodding her thanks as a butler approached distributing drinks, Piera wondered if the NPC came with the house or if perhaps Ryo had to pay him wages or do a quest to obtain his services. Something to ask later she supposed as she sipped on the drink. It wasn't her preferred flavor, but it was something to do. The various guild members at first were in pockets but now were coming together, talking amongst themselves. Though she was starting to piece together who people were via name-dropping, the brunette still felt a little out of place, though it was slightly reassuring to know that she wasn't the only one that didn't know everyone else in the guild. It seems there were a good couple of others that only knew half or fewer of the other members. Still, the older woman merely hovered behind her ginger friend, not really knowing what to say nor having anything to add to the conversations. It was a lot easier to breeze through mingling and chit-chat in the real world. Usually, if all else failed, she would have Lee to talk to until something happened or someone approached them. But maybe she should try and be a bit more proactive without him. Glancing around at all the people though, the spectacled woman immediately rethought that plan of action.

Glancing up at the stairway where Teion and the party host had disappeared to, green eyes flicked about at the other guild members. After determining that she wouldn't really be missed while she checked in on her friend, Piera slipped away, one hand holding steady to the banister as she stepped lightly up the stairs. Just as she reached the top, a door to the left opened, Spencer exiting and looking rather...upset, to say the least. Not long after, Teion came out looking for him and walked off after the young man. Eyebrows raising slightly, the brunette began walking in their direction without thinking until she caught sight of Ryo on a bed through the open door. Pausing in front of the doorway, Piera glanced in the direction Teion had headed with a bite of her lip before deciding that the two probably needed to talk about something private and didn't need any outside interference.

Running her free hand through the back of her hair somewhat awkwardly, Piera's eyes flicked back to the purple haired man and tried to smile, though it probably came off a little off with her embarrassment and social ineptitude. "Heeeyyy. Um, Ryo, right?" Pointing at him, as if to confirm that it was him that was 'Ryo' and not the bed or something. Because that made sense. Trying to pass over the already awkward situation she asked with genuine concern, "Everything alright?" Nodding her head in the direction that Spencer and Teion had disappeared.

Remembering her manners finally, the alchemist blinked with wide eyes and touched her fingers to her forehead, narrowly avoiding actually facepalming herself. "Ah, jeez, sorry for being so rude. I'm Piera. A friend of Teion's." Then with a pause, she added, "And Jomei. He recently invited me to the guild. It's good to meet you." Her smile only slightly sly, attempting to play it cool. She had a feeling Teion wouldn't be happy if she made it seem like the violette talked a lot about him behind his back to her friends. Good or bad.

• 2 weeks later...

The brunette let out a small sigh, shaking her head. She saw that her small comment had accidentally embarrassed Ruby just a little bit, which of course she did not mean.. she was just feeling a little sour was all. Jevi's eyes focused on the pinkette for a moment, her bottom lip pulling into her mouth where she would gently gnaw on it. Maybe it would be best to get this out of the way so the guilt was not plaguing her mind. Reaching down, Jevi loosely grabbed Ruby's wrist. "Hey, can we talk?" she pleaded with concerned brows. Once Ruby had given her an answer, Jevi lead the girl over to a more secluded part of the mansion, where the wandering eyes of their guild mates would not catch them. Once she felt the two had enough privacy, she turned to the pinkette and let out a heavy sigh. "Look..I think we..I mean.. I, might have rushed things a little bit."  golden eyes could not stay locked with hers as they drifted to the side, "w-with us.." She brought both of her hands up to Ruby's shoulders, and her eyes returned to hers with a kindness to them, "You're a great girl.. and an amazing friend. One that I always want to could on." she sucked her teeth, "and I really haven't been the best at this whole girlfriend thing. I really never was.. So that being said.. I think we might be better as.. just friends. You know that I will always be here for you, as a friend, and you will always be able to count on me."

@Ruby

I look around the party and see that many people are seemingly sticking to themselves, and others just rather busy with other things as i just smiles kindly towards the girl in front of me. It was wonderful talking to you Tel, but i think i will take my leave since i think it is getting rather late. I wish you a good night, and i can't wait to talk to you again in the future. I say with a wave as i make my leave from the party to head back on home to relax and unwind from the day's festivities and rather surprisingly big twists and turns that had occurred. Finding myself rather happy with the idea of just returning to my little shop within the cold snowey plains of the fourth floor within my pretty crystal cave. I exit the house figuring that it isn't worth telling everyone i am leaving since it is isn't worth making a loud exit from the party since making big scenes when it isn't for singing is rather embarrassing. I then remember i should at least tell kimi where i am going so once i am out of the mansion i just send a quick message.

Spoiler

@Kimi

Hey kim i am leaving the party and heading back home towards my place on floor four. Keep me informed if anything interesting happens after i leave.

With the message sent i make my way towards the main settlement.

-Hestia leaves the thread-

• 1 month later...

In the midst of the half-finished room--perhaps a future study of sorts--Teion's eyes fell on Spencer as he hurried to his feet, not expecting her to barge in on his emotional turmoil. Her brows knit with a look of concern and regret as she continued to realize the pain that he must be feeling and where it was coming from.

"I'm not okay."

Teion could practically feel her own heart wrenching inside of her chest. She stood, halfway through the door, as he continued to speak. She felt herself swallow, the slight subconscious action making her throat feel heavy. Her teeth met as a result of her clenched jaw, mind working to process the things that Spencer was saying at the same time as kicking herself for what a huge mess this had all become. And then, in the middle of his heartfelt words, the sandy blonde had closed the gap between them to wrap his arms around her. She was surprised. He was the one that needed a hug right now, not her. Teion paused for just a moment for her mind to catch up, but then her arms found their way around him in return. She hugged Spencer tightly, lingering until he would pull away again to wipe the leftover moisture from his face.

The smile that she showed him was crooked, and lasted only a second or two before she let out a breathy half-chuckle. The woman turned to push the door closed behind them, and leaned back against it. Arms crossed themselves over her chest, and she was looking down at the man's feet while she tried to find words to push out. "Gods, I'm bad at this..." She mumbled before filling her lungs with air and lifting her gaze. "Spencer, I'm so sorry. I don't want anyone else getting hurt, like I was already feeling bad about hanging around him so much, and with everything that happened today, I--" She stopped her tangent short, pursing her lips and raising her chest with another breath of air. It let out in a sigh, and she felt the back of her shirt drag against the wooden door as she slid down against it. The woman sat on the floor, letting one of her legs extended out in front of her while the other folded in close to her chest. The fingers of her right hand weaved through the hair at the side of her head as she loosely held it, staring at the ground while she tried again to get her thoughts together. "I...I'm not sure." She admitted, the corner of her mouth twisting into a tiny, wry smile. "That's probably a mean thing to say after all that, but." She brought her hand forward and pushed her bangs away so that her palm could press against the side of her forehead.

"I was, seeing someone. Until... like a week ago. Ryo knew I was with someone, but that didn't stop him from wanting to get close to me, I guess. It's...the whole story is a mess." She shook her head lightly and pulled her hand down to place her cheek in her palm. "So, I don't know. But, I'm still sorry if him liking me means that you get hurt. Especially when I'm over here, just..." Her sentence trailed off and was lost in the small, frustrated growl that she let out.

Spencer gnawed on his lip as Teion started to talk about everything, apologizing for this and that, and feeling like the mood that Spencer was in was all her fault. Spencer gave a sad smile and he keeled down in front of her and took her hand. Spencer had no idea what was calming about the interaction, but something about it was. He sat on his knees and looked at the distraught woman, she was taking his own emotions and throwing it on to her body. His hand itches to take back the pain from her, wanting to take the burden she felt in his own pain and emotional distress. "Teion, I'm not going to act like I'm super okay and everything is great in my life, but I'm not going to act like it is your fault for everything. Ryo would have met someone else that wasn't you, if you didn't exist. My own mind wanted someone to latch on to, someone who could possibly love me." His voice caught for a moment, and his eyes dared to flow again, but he forced it back. "But, he isn't the one for me, I've come to that conclusion, I guess it just took you two in bed together to force my mind to know I wont be in the bed with him." He gave a sad chuckle and squeezed her hand softly.

When Teion mention that she didn't like him back, a pang of resentment ran through his body, but he tried his best to ignore it, but it lingered for a moment. This man, this great man, she doesn't even want him? How Dare she- Spencer stop, this isn't going to do anything for either of you. He gave a sigh and scooted Noot closer to the two of them. The penguin had a sad look on his face, but looked conflicted, like he didn't know exactly who to help first. Spencer smiled a bit and ruffled his feathery friend's head. Spencer sat fully on the ground and ran a hand through his hair, this was a bit of a predicament the two of the got themselves into. "Don't cut him out of your life." He spoke after a moment of silence. "Don't do it for my benefit, or even for any guilt you might feel. You two get along together very well, and that isn't something people find often. You are single after all... sorry if that is a touchy situation." He gripped his hands together, hoping he didn't push a nerve. "Anyways.... He's a good man, I should know more than anyone, I loved the man for.... a very long time. You can have your turn at the wheel, that is if you want that turn." Another pang of resentment rang through him, but he ignored it. "I'm not upset with you Teion, you're a... different woman... but not a bad one." Spencer nodded at that statement, and Noot climbed into her lap.

@Teion

She was surprised by his straightforwardness, his honesty, and, from what she could discern, his genuine care. Meeting Spencer's eyes as he took her hand in his own, she couldn't help but frown at some of his words. He spoke as if he was almost desperate for love, and she wished for a moment that she could dissuade him from that line of thinking. 'It's not my place.' She quickly resigned the thoughts, and dropped her chin again.

"Spencer, has anyone ever told you that you're way too sweet for your own good?" Teion let out a short, breathy chuckle along with the rhetorical question, shaking her head lightly before she came back to the serious notes in their conversation. "Thank you, though. It means a lot just to know that you would be willing to give up on something like that, to give me a chance." Another shake of her head. "I would be too stubborn, and greedy to do that." She took a long paused, and bit down on her bottom lip while she first searched herself for the next words, and then worked to force them out of her. "But I'm scared, too. My heart has gotten me in so much trouble since all of this started that my head is fighting back now. And..."

Teion drew in a deep breath through her nose, casting the little penguin familiar at their sides a glance before his innocent face caused a tiny smile to spread across her features. She reached out her free hand, stroking the feathers atop Noot's head with repetitive motions. "I think we might have more in common than I thought." She started over, still addressing the sandy blonde across from her. "I'm basically a hopeless romantic, and it feels like ever since this game started I've gotten myself mixed up with one guy or another, and it's never ended well. I... I don't think I ever told you, Spencer. But, those people that attacked us all in the desert? They were after that person I mentioned. They were going to use me to get to him." She admitted, the last traces of guilt from the whole situation finally working themselves loose from her chest.

"I've had someone who's feared as a PKer, someone who's committed suicide..." She was fighting back tears of her own now, and she instinctively tightened her grip on Spencer's hand. "So, I'm scared, y'know? It's just, hard to imagine that things won't go horribly wrong for a change." She took in another deep breath to try and steady herself, to keep the bulk of raw emotion from spilling out over her cheeks. After a moment or so, her eyes flickered back up to Spencer's face, and the smile that she forced was obvious and sympathetic. "Still, thank you. I feel like, this place is probably not the best to be looking for love. But I guess we can't really help it, huh?"

• 2 weeks later...

Spencer listened to what Teion had to say, and his heart hurt at the thought that she had so much pain in her life her on SAO already, and she didn't deserve any of it. The compliment that she threw at him made him blush and smile. He was trying his best to understand everything that she was going through, and had gone through. The problem was, there was just so much built up emotion that she had not fully let out of her system yet. It seemed at those she blamed herself for many things, and other things it killed her that she couldn't control. He gripped back on her hand and slowly stood up, helping her to her feet.

"Teion, I'm not going to act like I can be fully empathetic to what has happened in your life, and I'm not going to act like I understand everything that you are going through. But I want you two know two things." He let her hand go and picked up Noot, who waved at her. "One, it isn't your fault. People react how ever they want to, and you can't be there to pick up the pieces and yell at yourself for breaking them. I know this is all easier said than done, but your happiness matters too, and I think I'm allowed to say that and mean it because you are blaming yourself for how I'm feeling tonight." He cocked his eyebrow at her and gave a soft smile.

"And Two, following your heart is a hard path, but just think. Your heart can hurt, but at least you have one Teion. Many people toss theirs out, but you held on to it through the pain, you kept it with you even though it hurt you. Think of it as a rose, the thorns might hurt, but getting to that beautiful bloom is something the thorns will be worth for." He blushed at his monologue and looked at the door.

"I'm going to take a while to be better, and I know it seems like I'm all fine and dandy, but I think I pushed it aside because I didn't want you feeling bad as well," he gave a sad chuckle at that comment, "and I don't want you to blame yourself anytime you see me a little sad or upset.. but I know that is pretty difficult to stop so I can't blame you for that." He laughed a bit happier and held Noot a bit closer.

Pulling herself up to her feet with Spencer's assistance, she couldn't help but smile softly at the little penguin he took in his arms afterwards as little Noot waved a flipper at her. She reached a hand forward, using the tips of her first two fingers to gently stroke at the feathers atop his head while she listened to the man speak. Lips pursed, as if she had been caught, when he mentioned her blaming herself again. Her eyes darted to one side, almost as if she chose to pout a bit because she was unable to refute his claim. As Spencer continued, and finished his thoughts, Teion's smile went crooked, and she took in a breath through her nose before exhaling into a small sigh. "Yeah, I know... We're all allowed to be upset, and all that." She replied half-jokingly.

Teion pulled her hand away from Noot's head, moving her arm out to the side as she stepped forward and initiated a hug of her own, carefully wrapping her arms around Spencer's frame so as not to disturb the penguin caught in the middle still in his arms. She lingered for a few seconds in silence before releasing her hold and taking a step back. "Thank you again, Spencer. She started, her pride leaving her unable to look the man in the eyes while she spoke. "I go on about how communication is so important, but it takes something like this for me to talk about my feelings." She exaggerated the word to take some of the edge off, letting out a small chuckle when she did so. "Still, I'm glad we didn't end up at each other's throats. You actually seem like a really nice friend, and I'd hate to keep letting those go again." Her smile twisted, but she finally met his gaze as her shoulders dropped with a hint of relaxation. The tension was finally draining, the tears were gone, and Teion was finally coming back to the reality outside of their little therapy session.

Teion turned halfway and lightly jerked her head in the direction of the door behind her. "I'm gonna head back down there, maybe hang out a little before it gets late. You coming? Or, need a bit more time?" She prompted, trying to cover her bases in case the blonde would rather avoid any other faces for a while.

Thread Complete!

• @Ryo - 1 SP, 88 col
  • @Piera - 1 SP, 88 col
  • @Jomei - 1 SP, 88 col
  • Telrenya - 1 SP, 88 col
  • Teion - 2 SP, 88 col
  • @Ruby - 1 SP, 88 col
  • @Hestia - 1 SP, 88 col
  • @Spencer - 2 SP, 88 col
  • @Jevi - 1 SP, 88 col