Jump to content
The Scarecrow

[ET-F1] Something Wicker This Way Comes... TIER 1 BOSS

Recommended Posts

And walking right up to her was a person... Arabelle was decidedly neutral on seeing. The Other Girl, with her clumsy words and overflowing emotion and blinding ignorance to literally everything that just made all her friends flock to her and fawn over her. She could practically imagine their thoughts. I MUST PROTECC uwu!! But, she was a tank. And her guildmate. And weirdly convinced that they were somehow friends after taking only a few quests together and barely talking otherwise. "Alright, alright~," She supposed boys dug that fragile damsel trope. It wasn't her problem. Arabelle accepted the party request with a flick of her hand. "Stick to your job while I do mine."

As the dice would dictate later on, apparently not

A few more players grouped up with them. Newbie, newbie, deserter, newbie. God, this fighting force looked like a mess. The small purple-haired girl gave a sideline glance to the Other Girl and decided firmly to herself that the panicky shielder was still staying on her team. But what of the rest? She didn't get to decide though; apparently the boss was done with waiting and it was throwing cliche bad-guy taunts at them.

Arabelle scoffed. 

"Did someone ever tell you about 'quality over quantity?'" the smaller scythe wielder jeered. "Oh--" She gave a dismissive gesture to all the unmoving corpses around them. "I guess none of you were. They were really useless on their own, you know? All you have to do is flick them a little bit and they die. What horrid troops they were."

Who was in their party? As weird as that sounded, all that really mattered right now was The Other Girl. She <<Howled>> and Arabelle shot forward with a burst of green flame. Skirting around the boss, she twirled her scythe and-- 

Another player landed a strong blow and more came attacking. It was enough to disorient her and for a second, she didn't really know where to go without hitting anyone by accident. It was the first time Arabelle ever participated in a raid against a singular boss mob and she hadn't fully grasped the concept of timing and keeping track of everyone else in general yet.

Arabelle leaped a step back and the flame in her hands died.

"Need a moment," she shortly explained to the Other Girl.

Spoiler

ID: 127887 | BD: 1

Party 1:
[2] Cordelia 460/460 HP | 46/46 EN | 13 DMG | 0 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[0] Penelo: 100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | 6 DMG | 51 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 1 LD | 5 F. Aura
[0] Yukiro: 200/200 HP | 20/20 EN | 9 DMG | 1 ACC | 63 MIT | 3 EVA | Regen: 1 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | Freeze: 1
[2] NIGHT: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | 1 LD | Negate Darkness
[0] Nora: 100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | ? DMG | ? MIT | ? ACC | ? EVA 

Party 2:
[0] Arabelle: 460/460 HP | 44/46 EN | 14 DMG | 54 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA 
[2] Jinx: 460/460 HP | 36/46 EN | 102 MIT |18 Thorn | 5 Regen | Paralyze: 2 | Bleed: 1
[0] Mina: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 7 DMG | 71 MIT | 4 ACC | 0 EVA | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1
[0] @Minako: 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 4 DMG | 18 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2| Burn: 1| Blight: 1. | Heavy Momentum: 2

 

Edited by Arabelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minako watched as player after player gave each other looks and then rushed into action. But it seemed that soon after, the party make-ups began to change. Nervous about being left alone Minako ran to the back of another female fighter, one holding a shield and preparing to tank the boss, lest she presumed. "Hi!" She blurted out. "Think that we got a bunch of fire weapons and armor from the first part of this that we're supposed to use them?" Minako said, thinking aloud as she held her naginata in her hands. As she looked up at the boss again she could see that it was on fire from another attack from another female fighter.

Alright, she could do this, she told herself. She did all that fighting in the fields with Jevi not that long ago, she had this covered. Yeah, she could do this. No. She was going to do this. And she rushed forward, new armor glinting in what light came off of the now burning scarecrow. She tightened the grip on her naginata and, tripped. She let out a squeal as she faceplanted into the earthen ground of the tent. She picked herself up off the ground and hurried back wanting to avoid any attack that may have come her way.

ID: 128000 BD: 1 CD: 10 (+2 energy)

Spoiler

 

Party 1:
[2] Cordelia 460/460 HP | 46/46 EN | 13 DMG | 0 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[0] Yukiro: 200/200 HP | 20/20 EN | 9 DMG | 1 ACC | 63 MIT | 3 EVA | Regen: 1 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | Freeze: 1
[0] Nora: 100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | ? DMG | ? MIT | ? ACC | ? EVA 
[0] Mina: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 7 DMG | 71 MIT | 4 ACC | 0 EVA | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1
 
Party 2:
[2] Jinx: 460/460 HP | 36/46 EN | 102 MIT |18 Thorn | 5 Regen | Paralyze: 2 | Bleed: 1
[0] Arabelle: 460/460 HP | 44/46 EN | 14 DMG | 54 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA 
[2] NIGHT: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | 1 LD | Negate Darkness
[0] Penelo: 100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | 6 DMG | 51 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 1 LD | 5 F. Aura
[0] Minako: 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 4 DMG | 18 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2| Burn: 1| Blight: 1. | Heavy Momentum: 2

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The scarecrow readied himself as the first lead the charge. And easy enough deduction was that the male would charge in head first, to protect whom he believed to be the weaker. A quick rotation of the scarecrows weapon proved to be effective as he launched the human back several feet. But he miscalculated, albeit only slightly. If the male hadn't called out his plan perhaps it would've worked a bit better. The one with a curved blade had already rushed in and had bypassed his defenses. The scarecrow winced at the pain and tried to grasp as the female warrior but she had already retreated. The next was one hiding behind a shield, calling to him as she raised her shield. Brave to be to the first to die. At least, until the next attacked him. The sword harmlessly passing through his body of straw and thickets. Nothing came to him at first, but soon his entire body began to smoke. And as it did it burst into flame. He screamed in pain and in agony as the flames traced up his body and as straw burned away leaving smoking holes inside of his body. He glared down at that player, the one with the flaming blade. Leaving themselves opened he laughed as he raised his scythe and prepared to bring it down upon the girl when another katana-wielding user came between his legs knocking him down to one knee. He eyed down the two kata wielding women. Surely, they were a force to be reckoned with, and as such a close eye needed to be upon them.

The next group of them attacked, the first he showed apprehension as her rapier dug into his straw. The next would also taunt him, by calling the great servants of his lord nothing less than trash fodder. "Weak as they may be, did you not look upon their faces? They were human once, like yourselves. Like the people, you claim to protect? Where were you when they were screaming for their lives as they were slaughtered and resurrected only for them to infest and infect their homes. Their towns. Eating their families." He said, goading back to the girl. He turned his attention back to the first female who goaded him. "If you are so eager to die then." His scythe moved as blistering speeds. The jagged, rusted edge of the scythe met her shield and as parks and bits of rust flew into the air, minimal damage was given to the woman. "Perhaps, a change of plan is in order. Hmm?" He spoke to himself, carefully studying the parties before him.

 

Players have 72 hours to reply to this post.
[ Deadline: Friday, November 8, 2019, at 4:00 PM PST ]

The Scarecrow:
63.png
EVA: 2
MIT: 25
Burning: - 12 HP/turn, Turn count: 1
Blighted: - 12 HP/turn, Turn count: 1

Spoiler

ID#: 128052 | Targeting NORA| MD: 1 Miss!
The Scarecrow was stunned!
ID#: 128100 | Targeting Jinx| MD: 5 + 2 = 7 Hit!
Jinx takes 1 DMG

Spoiler

Party 1:
[2] @Cordelia: 460/460 HP | 46/46 EN | 13 DMG | 0 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[0] @Penelo100/100 HP 10/10 EN | 6 DMG | 51 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 1 LD | 5 F. Aura
[0] @Yukiro200/200 HP | 20/20 EN | 9 DMG | 1 ACC | 63 MIT | 3 EVA | Regen: 1 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | Freeze: 1
[2] @NIGHT60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | 1 LD | Negate Darkness
[2] @Nora100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | ? DMG | ? MIT | ? ACC | ? EVA

Party 2:
[0] @Arabelle: 459/460 HP | 44/46 EN | 14 DMG | 54 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA 
[2] @Jinx460/460 HP | 36/46 EN | 102 MIT |18 Thorn | 5 Regen | Paralyze: 2 | Bleed: 1
[0] @tricolor_mina: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 7 DMG | 71 MIT | 4 ACC | 0 EVA | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1
[0] @Minako: 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 4 DMG | 18 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2| Burn: 1| Blight: 1. | Heavy Momentum: 2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mina scowled at the scarecrow from underneath her mask. The Jerk was mocking everyone in their groups. Thankfully, the others were dealing quite a bit of damage to make the scarecrow realize that it's taunts were little more than pathetic mockery as they were certainly much stronger than they initially seemed. She noted that there were a few players that managed to crit, and that one of the players that had gotten the aggro to the event boss had been switched over to the first party where they could be protected and healed by Cordelia and Penelo. She noted that Jinx, Minako, and Arabelle were all still in the same party as her, which was mildly frustrating. Oh well, nothing she could really do about it now. She Slashed into the scarecrow, noting a viable difference in it's armor now that it had been partially burned away by flame. Her damage sadly only went up 5 points from before, but it was certainly something she supposed.

Spoiler

ID# 128106 results:

 Battle: 5 + 4 = 9, HIT! 6*7= 42-25= 17 DMG to the Scarecrow

 Craft: 10

 Loot: 3

 MOB: 8

Party 1:
[2] @Cordelia: 460/460 HP | 46/46 EN | 13 DMG | 0 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[0] @Penelo100/100 HP 10/10 EN | 6 DMG | 51 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 1 LD | 5 F. Aura
[0] @Yukiro200/200 HP | 20/20 EN | 9 DMG | 1 ACC | 63 MIT | 3 EVA | Regen: 1 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | Freeze: 1
[2] @NIGHT60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | 1 LD | Negate Darkness
[2] @Nora100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | ? DMG | ? MIT | ? ACC | ? EVA

Party 2:
[0] @Arabelle: 459/460 HP | 44/46 EN | 14 DMG | 54 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA 
[2] @Jinx460/460 HP | 36/46 EN | 102 MIT |18 Thorn | 5 Regen | Paralyze: 2 | Bleed: 1
[2] Tricolor_mina: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 7 DMG | 71 MIT | 4 ACC | 0 EVA | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1
[0] @Minako: 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 4 DMG | 18 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2| Burn: 1| Blight: 1. | Heavy Momentum: 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cordelia rolled her eyes as she mimicked what the Scarecrow was saying with her hands. "Blah, blah, blah," she mocked, blowing a raspberry at him before she pointed her katana right at his chest. "Less talking, more killing, please!"

She giggled as she ran after the Scarecrow, her katana flying wildly beside her as she prepared another sword art. 

Cordelia huffed as she twirled into the air once again, delivering cut after cut after cut. By the time she had landed, the Scarecrow was already littered with a series of cuts and slashes. She watched as its health bar drop again, just as much as it did the first time. Man, she was really having some good luck with this weapon! Perhaps this was a sign!

She turned her head to the rest of her party. "Alright. I think I've gotten the attention of this guy for now, so don't worry about it for now!"

Spoiler

ID: 128111 
BD: 9 [+1 DMG] [+2 HLY DMG]

13+3=16x15= 240 DMG-25 MIT= 215 DMG

The Scarecrow:
63.png-215
EVA: 2
MIT: 25
Burning: - 12 HP/turn, Turn count: 1
Blighted: - 12 HP/turn, Turn count: 1

[4] @Cordelia: 460/460 HP | 18/46 EN | 13 DMG | 0 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[0] @Penelo100/100 HP 10/10 EN | 6 DMG | 51 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 1 LD | 5 F. Aura
[0] @Yukiro200/200 HP | 20/20 EN | 9 DMG | 1 ACC | 63 MIT | 3 EVA | Regen: 1 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | Freeze: 1
[2] @NIGHT60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | 1 LD | Negate Darkness
[2] @Nora100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | ? DMG | ? MIT | ? ACC | ? EVA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the hell is going on?!!!  Nora stared as the scarecrow tries to go after NIGHT instead of her, never mind that it was stunned and unable to move for that moment, she knows where it was looking and it was trying to go after NIGHT for party 1. As far as she knows, she landed a critical hit on her last attack, and her attack follows after NIGHT, so the scarecrow should have targeted her instead. Did she just gets lucky here and the scarecrow didn't realize that she was there???  At this point, Nora's damage is so low that maybe the boss forgot about her...that's... actually a good thing if it means the boss' attention is elsewhere. 

Mina charges ahead and dealt some damage to the scarecrow now, and Cordelia looks like she is getting ready to attack. Now is her chance!! It is now or never, since the higher level players got the boss' attention, it is the perfect opportunity for her to sneaks in another hit! If she lands another critical, she could stun the scarecrow for another turn, everything is looking good, they might win this fight with almost full health! 

Nora watches Cordelia closely, as soon as she moves, Nora follows closely behind her and hides behind her shadow. Once Cordelia lands a hit, Nora tries to follow up with her attack as well. However, this is so new to her, the fact that there was a person in front of her throws off her aim, her blade connects with the ground next to the scarecrow. Nora quickly steps back and runs to the side.

......

This all sounded better in my head....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my stats use this please!!!--->>>> [Hate 2]Nora; HP 100, EN 7/10; DMG 7; MIT 45; EVA 1; ACC 1; Equip: Paralysis 

ID# 128142 results: Battle: 4 (+1) <<missed>>

Edited by Nora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

ID# 128119 | BD: 4 (5+1-2)

The Scarecrow:
63.png-215
EVA: 2
MIT: 25
Burning: - 12 HP/turn, Turn count: 1
Blighted: - 12 HP/turn, Turn count: 1

[4] @Cordelia: 460/460 HP | 18/46 EN | 13 DMG | 0 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[0] @Penelo100/100 HP 10/10 EN | 6 DMG | 51 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 1 LD | 5 F. Aura
[0] @Yukiro200/200 HP | 16/20 EN | 9 DMG | 1 ACC | 63 MIT | 3 EVA | Regen: 1 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | Freeze: 1
[2] @NIGHT60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | 1 LD | Negate Darkness
[2] @Nora100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | ? DMG | ? MIT | ? ACC | ? EVA

You see, the issue with sword arts is, while they increase your damage output by a lot, the motions they provide are very predictable. 
At least, that was Yukiro's problem.
While Cordelia took another few slashes at the Scarecrow, Yukiro was able to recover from his flight and prepare another attack. To make up the damage he'd failed to deal, he'd have to use a sword art. Not a complicated solution. 
He walked out more slowly this time, activating a sword art once he was close enough. 
But once his sword started moving, so did the boss' scythe. Now that he was using the sword art he couldn't break away or alter his attack. Thus, the Scarecrow was able to easily parry every blow Yukiro could deliver.
He really sucked at this game.
"Sorry for my inability to do anything."

Edited by Yukiro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Alright. I think I've gotten the attention of this guy for now, so don't worry about it for now!"

Nice, NIGHT thought, having given a glance to where the voice was coming from. She lowered her stance, swinging the blade to her side, preparing to strike the boss again. If she got in and out of there in quick succession, it wouldn't be likely for her to get hit, much less targeted, by the boss, right? Her strikes barely scathed the enemy, so she felt confident.

But maybe... maybe she should've been more careful.

Lunging forward with a bright surge of light, she cut through The Scarecrow's ankle, rolling onto the ground and sprinting away. The explosion of fire on the boss' make up was something to behold, but not something she wanted to stick around for. Checking her DoTs, she felt a tinge of relief, having contributed somewhat once more to the fight.

Quote

ID: 128126 | BD: 13 (10, +3) | CD: 9
> Recovery was activated. (+2 EN)
<<Straight>> on The Scarecrow.
7 + 2 = 9 DMG | 9 * 2 = 18 DMG | 18 - 25 = 1 DMG

The Scarecrow:
63.png-1
EVA: 2
MIT: 25
Burning: - 12 HP/turn, Turn count: 2
Blighted: - 12 HP/turn, Turn count: 2

[4] Cordelia: 460/460 HP | 18/46 EN | 13 DMG | 0 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[0] @Penelo100/100 HP 10/10 EN | 6 DMG | 51 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 1 LD | 5 F. Aura
[0] Yukiro200/200 HP | 16/20 EN | 9 DMG | 1 ACC | 63 MIT | 3 EVA | Regen: 1 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | Freeze: 1
[4] NIGHT60/60 HP | 4/6 EN (+1, +2, -2) | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | 1 LD | Negate Darkness
[2] Nora100/100 HP | 7/10 EN | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA

Edited by NIGHT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh, it actually talked back! It was loads better than what had been practically the equivalent of taunting a punching bag that occasionally hit back, but that didn't make this  talking bale of straw any less annoying. "So what? People die every day," Arabelle made a flippant gesture with her hand. "Besides, what is with these villains and their false empathy crap?

"You talk as if you weren't the sick bastards who reanimated them."

The edge of the scarecrow's large scythe clashed with the Other Girl's shield. Hardly any concern, the Other Girl's job was to take hits. As the scarecrow withdrew, she prepped her scythe with another burst of green flames, clearly asserting her dominance as the superior scythe-wielder. Arabelle launched herself into the air where the other newbies were surely too inexperienced to reach. Another DPS player, twirling gracefully in midair with her katana, had the same idea and Arabelle quickly readjusted.

She buried the blade of her scythe in its chest and let herself drop to the ground, straw splitting apart as she pulled her weapon down along with her. Once she was safely on the ground, she leaped back to regroup with her team.

It surely felt sturdier than it looked.

Spoiler

ID: 128206 | BD: 10 | Screw Dimension: (14 + 2) * 13 = 208 - 25 = 183 DMG

Party 2:
[2] @Arabelle: 459/460 HP | 32/46 EN | 14 DMG | 54 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA 
[2] @Jinx460/460 HP | 36/46 EN | 102 MIT |18 Thorn | 5 Regen | Paralyze: 2 | Bleed: 1
[2] Tricolor_mina: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 7 DMG | 71 MIT | 4 ACC | 0 EVA | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1
[0] @Minako: 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 4 DMG | 18 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2| Burn: 1| Blight: 1. | Heavy Momentum: 2

 

Edited by Arabelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Action Taken!

Penelo watched as the players charged forward, quite bravely despite being a bunch of tier one players who hadn't seen a boss fight yet. "Hooray!" she would try to sound cheerfully. Her job was to ensure that nobody actually died. If they did, she had failed her job! The scarecrow made its move, but didn't exactly do anything. "Heh" she would say confused. "Oh no... its not actually gonna do anything..." she would say sadly. The weight of uselessness fell onto her hand, making her feel down. "Why do I keep joining these events when nobody actually needs to be saved" she asked herself. 

She would point with a pouty face at @NIGHT and say, "You're supposed to get hit so I can heal you. That hard to understand! I don't want to sit here and waste my time okay?!" sighing, she would sit in the back, lifting her lantern higher, pushing away the spooky fog and enhancing her party. 'How long am I gonna sit here and do absolutely nothing?' 

Spoiler

[4] Cordelia: 460/460 HP | 18/46 EN | 13 DMG | 0 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[0] Penelo100/100 HP 10/10 EN | 6 DMG | 51 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 1 LD | 5 F. Aura
[0] Yukiro200/200 HP | 16/20 EN | 9 DMG | 1 ACC | 63 MIT | 3 EVA | Regen: 1 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | Freeze: 1
[4] NIGHT60/60 HP | 4/6 EN (+1, +2, -2) | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | 1 LD | Negate Darkness
[2] Nora100/100 HP | 7/10 EN | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The scarecrows attack slammed into Jinxs shield, and while the girl flinched heavily as the thing attacking her was so much bigger than her, she opened her eye and spotted that despite its large weapon, it barely damaged her. The girl smiled, this was perfect! Her job was to survive the blows, nothing more and nothing less. If she kept the monster on her, it kept her OFF her allies. Jinx flashed a smile at Arabelle, and looked back up at the creature. It may have been a monster ingulfed in the flames of madness but...

"I have no intention to die, but i cannot allow you to hurt those i fight besides! They're putting their faith in me to keep them alive, and if i died, i'd be letting them all down. So come at me with everything you've got! Because i don't care how strong you are, i've got people i need to protect and i WILL not let you hurt them!" Jinx was almost yelling at the end, the girl who barely raised her voice gripped her shield tighter and stared up at the monster defiantly. She had her orders, to protect others. She would be damned to all hell before she failed in that task! 

 

Action Taken: Howl!(+2 Hate, -10 EN) Regen activared, +5 HP

Spoiler

Party 2:
[2] Arabelle: 460/460 HP | 32/46 EN | 14 DMG | 54 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA 
[4] Jinx460/460 HP | 27/46 EN | 102 MIT |18 Thorn | 5 Regen | Paralyze: 2 | Bleed: 1
[2] Tricolor_mina: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 7 DMG | 71 MIT | 4 ACC | 0 EVA | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1
[0] @Minako: 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 4 DMG | 18 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2| Burn: 1| Blight: 1. | Heavy Momentum: 2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After picking herself off the ground Minako stood tall. More players were knocked aside, as more rushed in a dealt damage. He HUD noted that her new armor ability had activated granting her more damage. And she could feel it. The armor grew more heavy, giving her more momentum as she charged in. Armored feet spat dirt as she rushed in, following the example of others. She dragged the tip of her naginata through the dirt, the blade igniting after a series of sparks. The scarecrow was knocked down to one knee, giving her an open opportunity to strike. The blade of the weapon cleaved upwards, launching dirt, straw, and fire into the air. Seeing minimal damage was fine, she was weaker than the other players. But it was the effects she wanted to have activated, both the burning and the blight. Feeling proud of her attack, she leapt backwards wanting to avoid a counter attack.

Spoiler

ID: 128383
BD: 9 (crit!) CD: 9 +2 Energy

4 base damage + 2 Heavy Momentum + 1 Critical = 7 * 2 Heft used = 14 -25 = 1 DAMAGE
Burn Activated!
Blight Activated!

Spoiler

Party 1:
[4] 
Cordelia: 460/460 HP | 18/46 EN | 13 DMG | 0 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[0] Penelo100/100 HP 10/10 EN | 6 DMG | 51 MIT | 1 EVA | 1 ACC | 1 LD | 5 F. Aura
[0] Yukiro200/200 HP | 16/20 EN | 9 DMG | 1 ACC | 63 MIT | 3 EVA | Regen: 1 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | Freeze: 1
[4] NIGHT60/60 HP | 4/6 EN (+1, +2, -2) | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2 | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1 | 1 LD | Negate Darkness
[2] Nora100/100 HP | 7/10 EN | 7 DMG | 45 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA

Party 2:
[2] Arabelle: 460/460 HP | 32/46 EN | 14 DMG | 54 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA 
[4] Jinx460/460 HP | 27/46 EN | 102 MIT |18 Thorn | 5 Regen | Paralyze: 2 | Bleed: 1
[2] Tricolor_mina: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 7 DMG | 71 MIT | 4 ACC | 0 EVA | Burn: 1 | Blight: 1
[0] Minako: 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 4 DMG | 18 MIT | 0 ACC | 0 EVA | Recovery: 2| Burn: 1| Blight: 1. | Heavy Momentum: 2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The scarecrow waivered. He wasn't suited for combat, he was a scientist, least that what his lord would have lead him to believe. His majesty didn't tell him that these, people were so strong. He didn't anticipate that. Two of them were blowing through his defenses like nothing, and the others were exploiting his weaknesses. And, despite the lack of communication between them, they were still winning. He wouldn't go out like this. Not like some grass in the wind. "It would seem I have, underestimated you." The Scarecrow said, as the first katana cut through him blasting him with holy energy. He fell to one knee from the blow clutching his scythe in one hand, and his chest in another. He saw as the last of the humans rushed in, ready to take advantage of the situation. Seeing no other alternatives the scarecrow whispered to himself. "Forgive me, your majesty." And as the final barrage of blades came in, the Scarecrow was defeated. He let out an anguished scream as flames burst from his wounds covering him head to foot in fire. His scythe toppled to the ground, shattering into crystal immediately. The scarecrow hunched over, the body still burning until the body was blackened and turned to ash. The body then shattered, and dissipated into nothingness signaling the players that they had won.

Players have 72 hours to reply to this post.
[ Deadline: Monday, November 11th, 2019, at 6:30 PM PST ]

The Scarecrow:
0.png

Spoiler

Rewards for defeating 'The Scarecrow' are rolled via the LD.
Everyone will receive +4 SP, 15 Tier 1 Materials and 90 Col.

1-3(15%): Choice of Forgoing SP rewards for 3 times the amount of Col and Materials gained, 
4-6(15%): Perfect Armor
7-16(50%): Damage Dealt/Hit Points Healed/Damage Taken(player choice) x 2 Col in addition to other thread rewards
17-19 (15%): Perfect Trinket
20 (5%): Unique Reward

 

Spoiler

Perfect Armor: 2 enhancements of choice, and 1 Paralytic Venom(Defensive)

Spoiler

Perfect Trinket: 2 enhancements of choice, and 1 Holy Blessing

Spoiler

Unique: Haunting <Weapon Type of Choice>
Cursed | Phase | Blight

 

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

@Minako @Penelo @Arabelle @Cordelia @Jinx @Nora @NIGHT @Yukiro @tricolor_mina

Spoiler

2 completed pages: 2 possible SP, 800 col to be split among all participants (21 col per post)
If completing event: 3 SP

@Cordelia: 4 posts; 1 + 3 = 4 SP, 84 col, (15) T1 Materials, "Bastille's Resistance" T1 Light Armor (EVA | EVA | PARALYTIC VENOM DEFENSE)
@Penelo: 4 posts; 1 + 3 = 4 SP, 84 col, (15) T1 Materials
@Arabelle: 4 posts; 1 + 3 = 4 SP, 84 col, (15) T1 Materials
@Jinx: 4 posts; 1 + 3 = 4 SP, 84 + 36 = 120 col, (15) T1 Materials
@Yukiro: 5 posts; 1 + 3 = 4 SP, 105 col, (15) T1 Materials
@NIGHT: 5 posts; 1 + 3 = 4 SP, 105 col, (15) T1 Materials, "Reminiscing the Lord" T1 Heavy Armor (MIT | MIT | PARALYTIC VENOM DEFENSE)
@tricolor_mina: 4 posts; 1 + 3 = 4 SP, 84 col, (15) T1 Materials, "Polaris" T1 Trinket (REGEN | REGEN | HOLY BLESSING)
@Nora: 4 posts; 1 + 3 = 4 SP, 84 + 20 = 104 col, (15) T1 Materials
@Minako: 3 posts; 1 + 3 = 4 SP, 63 col, (15) T1 Materials

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone could've seen NIGHT's expression of extreme surprise, they would've never let her down for it. As the Scarecrow collapsed in a dramatic, explosive, and fiery action, the girl lowered her sword, the only words she could irk out being, "Oh... It died."

She felt a fanfare play in her heart, but dismissed it as quickly as it came, beginning to approach the remains of the boss to check if it had dropped anything. Instead, a window appeared with a congratulations message, and it showed her loot for the fight in a smaller box within it.

NIGHT returned her sword to its sheathe and dusted her hands off, appearing proud of her (very minute) contribution. On the other hand, as she checked her inventory to review her loot drops, she noticed the 5 Spider Ciders she hadn't yet touched.

"..."

I thought I'd be in more peril than this... well, here goes nothing...

She downed one of the drinks.

It was horrid.

Quote

Reward: 4 SP, Tier 1 Materials (15), 90col

ID: 128443 | LD: 5
+[T1E3] Reminiscing The Lord (Heavy Armor) [ Mitigation | Mitigation | Paralytic Venom (DEF) ]

- Spider Cider (1)

Edited by NIGHT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cordelia blinked at the scarecrow’s diminishing form before sighing.

”What a bust,” she muttered, sheathing her katana as she huffed in disappointment. Where was the thrill? Where was the near death experience? Where was the fun?

She lifted her head and groaned.

She looked over to the rest of the players. None of them seemed dead. That was good, she guessed. The scarecrow didn’t really put up much of a fight.

A window appeared in front of her, listing her rewards. She deadpanned.

That much damage for just some armor, Col, and materials? Well, it was better than nothing, she supposed. . . but it still sucked. She secretly felt like she deserved something more.

”Well,” she started, mumbling to herself, “I guess that’s it for tonight, then.” She closed the window, taking a glance at each of the players before shrugging her shoulders. Maybe she’ll see them again someday. 

She left without another word.

ID: 128445

LD: 6, Perfect Armor

Bastille’s Resistance: 2 EVA, 1 PARA VNM

-Bastille’s Resistance

-4 SP

-90 Col

-15 T1 Materials 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She watched as the efforts of the Tier one players swiftly brought an end to the boss that fought them. She sighed, returnign her weapon into her inventory as well as her lantern. She looked at her rewards, a good amount of skill points and the opportunity to forgo skill points for more items. Sighing, she declined that and looked back to the people in front of her, trying to remember their faces. They had a lot of potential, more potential than her by far. She walked away from the event, moving through an opening from the burning vines and out of the tent. 'Looks like my job here is already done. I have still got a lot to improve on before I can ever even consider helping out anywhere but here' she thought to herself. She assumed that Jonathan would be able to take care of himself and doubted he would notice her leaving. "Back to the first floor with me!" she said, putting her smile back on her face and walking out of the event. 

128454 LD:2, Not taking that offer for sure

+4 SP

Edited by Penelo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

sP82szIm.png?download=1

items/rewards recieved: 

Perfect Trinket: 2 enhancements of choice, and 1 Holy Blessing (Polaris - Regen, Regen, Holy Blessing)

15 T1 materials

90 col

4 SP

Violet watched as the scarecrow slowly started to burn away, and eventually shatter, a bored look on her face underneath her mask. She watched as one by one people started to get reward windows popping up, and people were slowly starting to leave as they collected their rewards, each of them either wandering off to the teleport gate to go home, or going back to the town center to go enjoy some of the decorations that were still up, as the event seemed like it was ending soon. A window of her own suddenly popped up, eliciting a look of surprise from herself, before she pocketed the items, and simply turned on her heel, heading back to where she stayed on the 9th floor near her shop. There wasn't currently any reason for her to stay, after all. She didn't get along very well with the other players, aside from Penelo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

!!!!

Nora stares in shock as the large scarecrow went down in flames and leaving straws everywhere. The scarecrow is down in flame!! It is over, just like that! She can't believe her luck that she has finished with her first boss fight with full hp (but also barely any damages). She was glade that this time around she tags along a very strong team, if it wasn't for her teammates' performance, there was no chance that she could have gotten off from this fight scars free.

But now that the main foe has been taken down, she quickly went for her loot. It looks like she got a bit of col from this fight and that's about it. Well...maybe she will have better luck next time. Looking up from her own game system as she looks around at the team, she wonders if she will ever see those players again. Maybe if she does run into them again, next time, she will be a little bit stronger.

Roll: 128456, LD 11

+4 SP, 15 Tier 1 Materials and 90 Col.

+2o col

 

Edited by Nora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID# 128459 | LD: 14 
(Didn't deal any damage, heal any hp, or take any damage)
+4 SP
+(15) T1 Materials
+90 col

Yukiro watched the scarecrow shatter. His disappointment was immeasurable. Disappointment in himself. He'd come back for the sole purpose of helping fight and yet he'd managed to be completely useless throughout the entire battle. He was such a disappointment. A small window popped up in front of him. He'd gotten a decent amount of things from the boss. Many materials. And a fair amount of EXP. Even a little money. 
I don't deserve any of this. 
He wanted to refuse the items, but didn't. Doing so would only make death more likely. And he couldn't bear to be any more of a waste of space than he was now.
There was only one choice for Yukiro now. He had to become stronger. Much stronger. He couldn't afford to be holding people back anymore. He had to protect them. 
Without another word to anyone, he left his party and slipped out of the tent, heading to the town portal. The rest of tonight would be spent training.

Edited by Yukiro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×