[F1-PP] The more the merrier? (Nature's Treasure)

A burning sun hanging overhead in the midday sky, Raidou hard at work to rebuff his backstock as he was becoming quite the alchemist. Leaning into a patch underfoot in a similar manner he has always done, following the quest objectives to Nature's Treasure that Aoiki had shown him prior. A steady wind carrying leaves across the open plains of lush emerald grass blew through the surface this morning. Standing and wiping the sweat from his brow for a moment before digging back into a few tufts of blue under his feet.

#135092 CD: 6, LD: 18+5

[Gathering Activated] +? Bonus Materials

4*T1 Materials Obtained

A few subtle snaps and breaks Raidou pockets some potion making material, shoving them into a small satchel attached to his right hip under his red robe and keeps at it. Sifting with his hands through the patch diligently digging and seeking that prime suspect.

A soft brush through each and everyone with an open hand as Raidou focuses intensely for that illustrious shine he's after.

Total T1 Materials: 4

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

Level: 26

HP: 520/520

En: 52/52

Weapon: The Black Star - Genesis [1HSS] (T1/Perfect): Paralyze 1 (9-10), Taunt (+1 Hatred from Attacks/Howls, +2 on Focused), Vampiric [Offensive] 1 (Recover 10% of Total HP on 9-10)

Armor: Swordsman's Bracer [Heavy] (T1/Perfect): +27 Damage Mitigation

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [Light] (T1/Perfect): +3 Evasion

Skills:

1 Handed Straight Sword: Rank 1

Parry: Obtained

Gatherer: Obtained

Searching: Rank 5 (GM)

Battle Ready Inventory:

Golem's Strength*3

Edited by Raidou

Walking out of the starting city, into hot sunlight threatening to burn her alive.

"Geez, it is hot." a soft exasperation as she peels her gi from her chest to allow the air to circulate between and get some of the temperatures out.

Sliding her HUD open and marking the tracking of the quest she picked off the board, having earned little in her last attempts to grab aught of use to begin jewel crafting again.

"Nature's Treasure, I wish I saw this before."

Walking softly between rowdy players screaming and hollering while totaling out nearby boars for loot and experience.

Heathens...

The thought irritated her that they could so blindly destroy life, even an artificial one.

Sliding past the groups in disgust to the quests nav that ends in a small circle of a varied collection of objects to use for crafting. At a small pile, a familiar boy is working away without pause.

Moving to a jutting stone to get a closer look without drawing attention she pulls out a small pick and attempts to remove a gemstone from the wall after tying her hair up out of her face.

#135093 LD:7+3

Swapped Mugen Tenshin Decree (+3 Accuracy) for Orange Hairband (+3 Loot Dice)

Spoiler

Kasumi, The Blossom:

Weapon: Master White Hand Wraps (T1/Perfect) +3 Damage

Armor: White Red-Trimmed Gee (T1/Perfect) +3 Eva

Misc: Mugen Tenshin Decree (T1/Perfect) +3 Acc

Battle Ready:

Orange Hairband: +3 Loot Dice

HP: 100/100

EN: 10/10

Damage: 6

Evasion: 3

Loot Dice: +3

Martial Arts Rank 2

Edited by Kasumi

"Wandr if thas is the place." A burly and rough voice extruding from a gigantic frame as he struggles to operate his HUD.

"Blasted hunk a' censored" Griswold yells as he accidentally manages to get it working despite his inability to function it.

Taking steps from the quest board as he squeezes his large behind around various green players running amuck so early this morning, Griswold takes note of the trailing line leading out of the city.

"This must be et." his accent was thick, rough and almost Scottish. Griswold was excessively out of place in caparison to the players surrounding him, like an old man in an arcade.

Following this small trailing line leading the noob outside the walls, Griswold had one thing on his mind.

Ores

He needed them and was damn sure going to get more, for working steel is what he knew. This nonsensical sword and shield mumbo-jumbo he did not...

Moving near another pair of players hard at work, him taking his place among them and swinging down his hammer on a stone to break it apart but it doesn't give way from the first blow

"Perfect, a fighter... I'm going to enjoy this."

#135095 LD: 3

Spoiler

Griswold, The Forgemaster

Weapon: Horadric Malus [Warhammer] (T1/Perfect) +3 Damage

Armor: Forgemaster's Rattlecage [Heavy] (T1/Rare) +2 Heavy Momentum

Misc: Steel Wall [Shield] (T1/Rare) +18 Damage Mitigation

HP: 80/80

EN: 8/8

Damage: 5

Mitigation: 18

Heavy Momentum: +2 Damage on the first attack after missing.

Warhammer Rank 1

Edited by Griswold

Stepping free from her shop, having just broken the dust from the place and closing the sliding paper door with a *clack* 

"Mind the place while I'm gone dears, I've got an oyster to crack this morning." Simmone had her eyes set on wealth for breakfast, her shelves had some room for improvement and if she had hoped to increase her clientele they would have to be stocked.

"Now, what to hit first..." A pressed finger to pursed lips with a wandering thought.

"Let's just start from the beginning, little board what riches do you have for me today?"

Sliding the menu open and scrolling through the list of available quests, one peaks her interests.

"Ah, here we are, you must be new... Well, don't mind if I do" A soft flicking jab of the finger as it highlights and draws her to the location.

"Perfect, lead the way little money maker, lead...the...way"

Leaving the sanctity of the city, out of the walls and past unnoteworthy backgrounds Simmone finds her way home, where the money is scanning the prospects for something of use in a crowd of 3 other eccentric bodies doing the same...

#135097 LD: 9

Spoiler

Simmone, The Black Cat

Level: 4

Weapon: Ornate Quicksilver Rapier [Rapier] (T1/Rare) Bleed 1 (12 Unmitigated Damage per round for 2 rounds on NBD 9-10), Keen (+1 BD after successful attack on the following attack.)

Armor: Black Cat's Jumpsuit [Light] (T1/Perfect) 2 Savvy (+2 BD when an Enemy misses an attack made against you, added to the next attack you make.), 1 Evasion

Misc: Cat's Gaze [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) +3 Accuracy

Damage: 2

Accuracy: +3

Keen: +1 BD after landing a strike, for the next attack

Savvy: +2 BD if an enemy misses you, for the next attack

Evasion: 1

Bleed: 12 Unmitigateable damage each round for 2 rounds (9-10)

Skills:

1H Rapier: Rank 1

Edited by Simmone

Getting thrown out of the Tavern again today, his pride still too large to allow him to keep his tongue still Gaius screams at the closed building.

"Yeah well whatever you idiots, why would I spend my coin in such a heaping pile anyway."

A quick vault to his heels dusting off his rear end with a couple of abrupt pats, before his eyes skitter to the people staring at the commotion.

"What!?"

An abrasive yell to the onlookers who break away as to not want what Gaius was flaunting about like a lunatic.

"I need money or stuff I can sell let's see here."

Flipping the board open and spinning the wheel, as usual, Gaius unintentionally takes Natures Treasure and just begins to aimlessly trail off toward a "Gathering" quest

With haste Gaius makes it to the clearing, avoiding all stops with no remorse or caution and sees the small collection building around various nodes of different materials.

"The hell is this now?"

Recognizing Kasumi but no one else starts to emulate her trying to pull apples from a tree but keeps finding ones with rot. "Ugh... I better get paid."

#135098 LD: 4

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon

Level: 4

Weapon: Dragoon's Keening [2HA.S.] (T1/Rare) +2 Accuracy

Damage: 4

Accuracy: +2

Skills:

2H Assault Spear: Rank 1

Edited by Gaius

Following aimlessly behind the pack of 3 others who have more idea where they were going.

"Where are we going guys this is boring!"

"You'll see Setsuna, this is how we get strong and get out of this mess." Meina reassures her like a big sister, a bit older than Setsuna being her senpai like Shiroe is with jaded black hair and green eyes.

"Sorry I dragged you guys into this, who knew it would be a game that wouldn't let you leave." A stalwart word from the eldest, a girl with bluish eyes and dark brunette hair in an uptie who intends to lead her friends to safety and get them out.

"It's not your fault Shiroe, no one knew and are stuck in here just the same as us." Tianna a small girl that sits next to Setsuna in her class with blonde hair, she's a transfer student but the pair get along well enough.

Setsuna was confused but decided to tag along, having no idea where else she should be instead.

Shiroe, Meina and Tianna lead her into a small clearing with a few other players tearing away at some rocks and trees and junk.

"This is stupid, everyone is just gardening."

"No Setsuna, they are gathering to forge equipment to give them fighting chance."

"Fine, I'll do your boring stuff but its stupid..."

Setsuna pouts and begins to sift through a patch of herbs with little effort.

#135099 LD: 2

0*T1 Material Obtained

Spoiler

Setsuna, Creature of the Mist:

Level: 1

HP: 20/20

EN: 2/2

Weapon: Devil's Tongue (T1/Rare) +1 Damage, +1 Accuracy

Skills:

1H Curved Sword: Rank 1

Total T1 Materials: 0

Edited by Setsuna

A small girl moving to his side as the place starts to get rather crowded out of seemly nowhere while Raidou was focused on the plants. The girl digging away snaps one free he was about to claim.

"Your not too bad at this."

Looking to her with a careful gaze, having overheard her displeasure at being drug out of the city on the same quest.

Pulling his robe aside and producing a similar herb from his satchel, he shows it to her in earnest to explain.

"It comes with practice, like all things you get better at it with time."

Sliding the plant back into his bag, Raidou continues his philosophy hoping it wasn't lost on the girl at his side.

"Even the smallest actions can have lasting effects, can sway things in your favor from just a small push."

His attentions move back to the floor, continuing his work and to ease the pressure in a way Ceres taught him but his attentions are to her.

#135103 LD: 2+5

I'm Raidou whats your name? It's fine if you don't want to tell me."

Total T1 Materials: 4

Edited by Raidou

Looking attentively at the boy in a red cloak, the face looked correct with similar glasses strapped to his eyes. But Kasumi wasn't certain until he spoke, with that poetic nonsense that would confuse nearly everyone. Finishing up the stone she was working...

#135104 LD: 10+3

1*T1 Material Obtained

"That is you, Raidou I came to find you. Your parents said you were trapped in this sword art game."

Her mind racing back to the events prior, where she used the money she was saving for her mother to help the boy who had treated her so kindly, her cousin who she was staying with in her crisis. Her mother would have to wait, for Kasumi need to...

"Despite my fear, I had to make sure you were ok."

Like a ghost from his past, made real she followed him into the depths of hades in hopes to bring air to his lungs so that he may breathe.

"I knew you would be doing something simple like this, you've always had a way of creating a special something out of nothing."

Total T1 Materials: 1

Edited by Kasumi

A commotion, this far from the walls caused mild irritation in Griswold's hefty frame.

"You lot are talking too much, how do you younglings plan on making any progress if you can't shut your yap long enough to do so."

Slamming his hammer into the stone with a hefty *thwack* it breaks lose two hunks of stone with a bit of glistening hues drawing lines through it.

"See that, progress. Its because I'm doing this instead of flappin' my gums."

A hearty chuckle with a shaking head, "Kids..."

Taking note of the greyed blade strapped to the boy Kasumi was talking at meer feet from him,  it caught his attention as a smith. "Boy, that's an impressive blade on your back. It looks like too much sword for someone of your size, you're the balsy kind I take it?"

Griswold was chastising the cluster for their insistent babbling but unknowingly found himself partaking of the gatherer's chat room. 

#135105 LD:15

2*T1 Materials Obtained

Edited by Griswold

"Well would you look at the size of..."

A subtle whisper as Griswold breaks free a couple stones with a solid smack, that peak Simmone's interests looking intently over the stone to see if she can't snag a piece for herself from the brute who so graciously broke open the gate for her.

#135106 LD: 18

2*T1 Materials Obtained!

Leaning down and pulling up a few stones from the shattered frame, Simmone shoved the fragments with glints into her sleeve hoping to not be caught pilfering the yield.

The small collective of people was intriguing but she was more interested in peeling what was worth taking from whatever they found, taking just a cut of each prospect of their gains.

"Look at you all, out here tugging away building wealth. Might you part with any of it, color me interested in what your carrying." Taking a step into the pack of the rabble, looking down over a pair of two above a patch of plants.

Filthy

There was also some imbecile throwing apples out of a tree.

Picking a few of them from the ground, noticing them rotted out, and dropping them back where they fell with a wipe of her hand on her leg.

Total T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Simmone

Dancing in and out of the tree, trying his best to finish this nonsense and get to the action.

"This is dumb..."

Gaius wasn't amused, this wasn't his bag picking apples. He would instead like to pull heads from his glaive's point, but this is what he picked and Gaius was no quitter. Pulling another apple from a higher branch with a bit of a stretch propping himself on the hilt of his spear like a latter.

#135107 LD: 2

"Gotcha..." Pulling it off with a *snick* as it breaks off, looking beautifully red until he turns it over to see a nice brown squish on the opposing side.

"Damn YOU!"

Gaius hail marys the apple, heaving it as far into the sun as it can fly, his irritation carrying it to the stars.

Falling from the branches, landing on his back on the unsupportive floor in a puff of dirt.

"ouch..."

Sprawling out to just collect himself as leaves flutter down from above.

Edited by Gaius

Pulling away at the patch of plants underfoot, with little interest as Raidou begins to show her and she follows along what he's doing.

"What are these for anyway?" Setsuna says digging around in them not sure what she is looking for in this mess. Setsuna finds one and pulls it free and shows Raidou what she obtained pushing the material into his eyesight with an extended arm with her face lit with a large grin.

"I did it see!?" Setsuna elated at the success, with her three friends looking on with varied grins looking at the girl who didn't want to do this in the first place looks to have made a friend.

"My name? I am Setsuna, a pleasure to meet you guy!" Setsuna extending a hand with a plant in it, shakes her head shoving it into a small satchel on her thigh before extending a free hand this time toward the swordsman.

#135280 LD: 11

1*T1 Materials Obtained!

Total T1 Materials: 1

Edited by Setsuna

Raidou has a herb shoved into his sight by the girl named Setsuna as she finds something of value. "This is a self-heal, when brewed down and refined it becomes a healing potion, or if you're good enough multiple healing potions."

Taking a few words from Griswold and an aim to answer. "This is the black star, I have a bit of issue wielding it, yeah, but when it matters most it serves me well and I'm determined to prove I can use it. The smith who made it assumed I would never be able to wield it fully, but I beg to differ."

"Kasumi why are you here, this is no place for you, you should not have come in here after me." a solid response as the words sink in past the previous events, his face flaring in anger as his cousin is now on the guillotine with him

"Why would you act so rash, do you think I would want you in here risking your life on a whim, you do not have the resolve to be in here. Go back to the starting city and stay there!"

The shout breaks through the pack, Raidou finds the eyes dancing on him but his gaze remains locked to his family who has laid there life at the foot of aincrad for the taking.

#135281 LD: 6+5

[Gatherer Activated] +2 Bonus Materials

3*T1 Materials Obtained

Total T1 Materials: 7

Edited by Raidou

"Don't tell me not to care, Don't you tell me to turn a blind eye to you of all people, That isn't fair Raidou and you know it!" tears welling in her eyes as her instructor and senpai chastises her for caring about him enough to come in here to give him a hand.

"I am not hiding, I came in here to give you a hand and that is what I am going to do, if you like it or not. You never understood what you are capable of, hiding what you create from the world, including me..."

Moving closer to her cousin, with raised arms for a response, hoping she would accept her and listen to her for once.

"Let me come with you, Raidou just realize what I am trying to tell you. You're so much more capable then you let yourself believe, teach me the way you have before, lead my hands once again I promise I won't let you down."

Leaning down and pulling two plants from underneath her heel and presenting them in each hand toward her sibling.

"I am more capable than you think, just give me a chance and please give yourself one for once."

#135282 LD: 13+3

2*T1 Materials Obtained

Total T1 Materials: 3

Edited by Kasumi

Continuing to hammer away at the stone, Kasumi's words reaching him with each phrase winding through the peace and quiet surroundings.

#135283 LD: 9

Griswold took back by the heartfelt drop of the girl in white, chooses to speak up.

"Boy if you aim to carry that weapon alone, for what purpose do you wield it?" Griswold stands strong moving in closer to a looming shadow cast over the red swordsman and Kasumi both. "I know why I fight, why I forge weapons and armor. There is a little girl with blonde hair like the sun awaiting me outside this digital cage I am to break out of. Why are you fighting, If you were content that sword wouldn't be sheathed on your back, you wouldn't struggle the way you've explained to swing it. Something carries it when you swing it, you preach for her safety but not by your side, which means you don't believe she's safer with you then?"

Griswold takes a step forward and places a soft hand on Kasumi's shoulder in support of her, choosing her side of the argument.

Edited by Griswold

"Now, I'd have to agree you preach such safety and would forsake her aid. Leave the girl to her own devices and you'll regret that decision. I'm intrigued however in what she sees in you swordsman? You seem to handle those with grace, don't think I hadn't noticed how many you've been shoving in your pockets."

Looking to Griswold for but a second and back to Raidou. "The man is right, you do her no justice confining her the walls, waiting on a prayer that you are alive and well. And curious still that you're that adept with your hands but say you struggle to control your sword, is that a lie or will that blade evidently carry the same grace one day. Allow me the pleasure of seeing the answer to this, for there may be value there if not on your sword arm but your life when you fall."

A hand traces to Simmone's hip and she leans forward.

"Come then boy, you stand strong when focusing on her. Will you show the same resolve now?"

#135290 LD: 3

Edited by Simmone

Vaulting to his heels and taking a couple of steps toward the culminating pack of players talking at Raidou. Sliding past Griswold and standing next to Kasumi the player he fought alongside before.

"Yeah man, Kasumi here.." Gaius taking a look at the girl he fought with before. "She smacked me one fierce, and single-handedly tore down three dudes while I stood there trying to figure out what the heck happened. Don't treat her like she's incapable because she sure as f*** isn't, I am interested in seeing what you've got if she speaks so damn highly of you given what she can do. So, count me in to this whatever this is."

Gaius leans down and picks up one of the apples that fell from the tree he was climbing in and turns it over in his hand, seeing the rot on it and tosses it underhand off into the distance.

#135291 LD: 5

Edited by Gaius

Setsuna slips out of the surrounding ring pocketing a new plant she finds before moving to her three friends still gathering along the outskirts away from the sudden influx of voices closing in from all sides.

"Shiroe, I don't like how they are talking to Raidou..." Setsuna whispers up at her senpai a bit frightened at the whole ordeal, not sure where this was headed.

"It's best if we stay out of it Setsuna, it's between them let them work it out. Besides you have us to take care of you, we will get through this together." Shiroe remarks ushering the youngling to her with a soft smile, away from the ever heating tensions rising in the center of this material garden.

Looking back through the crowd at the boy being bombarded by words as he stands strong she keeps her distance, wanting to help but not having the courage to do so.

#135292 LD: 11

1*T1 Materials Obtained!

Edited by Setsuna

Why are you gathering so blindly for anyway...

Why have you been ignoring me!

So you must be new to everything here...?

Hi Raidou

I am pushing myself, I want to see how strong I can get.

you'll need allies in the future!

I'm Ceres, Did you want to be my partner?

What do you say we go ahead and fight together then?

As future allies

You don't want me to be a part of it

Hiya, my name is Haine! 

Sure we can Ruri

I'm Mari, Just Mari.

R-Raidou? he'll wake up soon!

are you afraid?

I am happy I could help you, Raidou

I should leave you be now. I don't want to bother you.

"A matter of fact, you lot don't know a damn thing about me." Raidou shouts to the pack, in an uncharacteristic snap. The voices of the past seeming to egg him on from the past refining him to a solid point of clarity, the words echoing into a final stand as things became more and more clear.

Well, I hope it changed your world then

it sounds like you're fighting yourself too much

it's very pure?

A turn to Griswold with fire in his belly despite his size "I carry this blade because I hope to sway the tide of battle, the weapon is unruly, yes, but as intended, I know that I could do better alone with a blade that was lighter, but with this sword its never been easier to reduce an enemies offense to nothing."

You have no right to know what the f**k I feel or where it comes from.

The kind of person not to trust people

working together

Good then show me

To Gaius "You preach of her abilities when you fought alongside her, but she has always been kind. Did she not hesitate, did she not falter and attempt to stop your arm. Don't pretend that she wasn't compromising your and her lives with her sentiment that the creatures you face do not carry."

You hear others but do you hear them

prove to me you can see the difference

If the world is being cruel to you, maybe you should be cruel back.

To Simmone "I have met you one time before this, or have you forgotten. I will not let fear or inability control me any longer, with each step, each journey, and road. I will finally come to terms with my own damn inhibitions. If you aim for the wealth in my pockets you will be sorely disappointed."

It's ridiculously selfish

A test of wills

I am sure you will work it out

To Kasumi "Kasumi, you don't understand a damn thing about this game, It adapts and exploits you at every turn. You cannot hope to accomplish anything with pity, your disdain of fighting will be the death of you here, and I cannot risk that. If you come with me, you chose to follow my path it will be one of blood, of war and fire, I cannot have you second-guessing anything I purvey in the heat of battle. If I was anything like you expect me to be, your false pedestal you place me upon I wouldn't be strapped to every word like a damn invalid."

a little awkward but very willing to help others

remove possibility until there was but one answer

We all have our demons

"If you want this, If you want to see my plans... the fruits of my labors... So be it, you follow instructions first, the explanation will come later. There will be no hesitation..." Raidou turns to Kasumi, "No greed..." to Simmone... "I expect your actions to reflect mine, cleanly executed and surgical" as his eyes dart to the large males who hold size on him without falter.

you cannot brute force your way through this

Is your mettle up to the test?

One small act does not speak for the world.

People like you

C'mon Raidou~ What's gonna happen

"We do this my way, the game likes to exploit and adapt, then we do the same as one body. you are no longer separate from each other when we are together, we are Firm Anima only."

Edited by Raidou

"I take your silence as agreement." Raidou looks on to each member of the stunned group staring back at him looking for someone to protest or come up with a rebuttal to the truths he spoke valiantly, "Come then, we have got a guild to make and I will give you the tasks needed to complete. Now we prepare, I have had it with this 'game'. If Kaiba wants a war, then he's damn well going to get one, but It won't be a fair one." Raidou shouts looking to each of them with a flutter of a cloak.

Adjusting his glasses on his nose Raidou starts to head toward the starting city to complete this quest and start the gears moving forward.

Leaving Setsuna and her pack of friends, leading a collection of people filled with interest in what he had planned, Raidou prepares an army to storm the floors of Aincrad.