PP - F6 Deep Jungle Jokes and Hijinks (Sub-Dungeon Exploration) (Lowenthal)

Calrex gave a sigh as he appeared on the sixth floor as the memories of his past travels here filled his mind for a minute or two, "It's certainly been a while. Well, better not waste time though. Teayre and I found another dungeon recently, but I wonder what can be found on the other floors. Only one way to find out."

Swiping on his menu he browsed through his contacts, deciding to pick a person he had not seen in quite a while. The message left his outbox and flew out to Lowenthal as the blue-haired player went towards the gates of the settlement. "If Lowe does manage to make it he'll likely need to be the damage dealer of the two of us, meaning that I'll be on defense. I guess that means I'll need to give this shield another use then."

With the push of a button the two halves of the Grand Guard appeared on the outside of his forearms as he leaned against the gate.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowenthal appeared in front of Cal, almost as if he teleported in and appeared from thin air. "So, Dungeon hunting then?" Lowenthal asked, lowenthal asked. He looked around, seeing that they were on the jungle floor as well. "Hey, whilst we're here. I have a rumour about this place, if you don't mind checking it out with me." Lowenthal said. He had got, well more like bought, a rumour from a woman who called herself the 'Broker'. And it said that a ninja grandmaster lived on this floor. Lowe was meaning to search for it alone, but since he was here with Cal he figured why not. Make the trip go by faster.

"Yep, dungeon hunting we...hold a second you've got a rumor too? Geezes it seems like everyone's still after them these days, heh."

Calrex was partially startled by the self-titled Master of Shadows as he made his appearance, partially because with the recent Skill Mods update he had lost his <<Reveal>> skill. Without the ability to see through the landscape, he couldn't be as fully aware as he was in the past. Nonetheless, it was good to see the young man, "Yeah, if it's somewhere on this floor we might as well take a look. I haven't been gone after one myself, so it would be interesting to see if it occurs."

Pushing off the wall he gave a nod as he put his hands into his jacket pockets, the pieces of the Grand Guard covering them completely, "Alright then, shall we get a move on?"

Lowenthal nodded, and took the lead. "I've been here scouting the floor or quite some time." Lowenthal said, leading the way through some branches. "If the rumour was correct, he should appear on this floor." Lowenthal said. "And thanks, for traveling with me. Makes the time go by much faster." Lowenthal said, looking for materials. Not seeing any immediately, he sighed and continued walking. "So, what's a sub dungeon like? I've never been in on. Sounds fun though." Lowenthal said, using his kunai to cut through some more jungle.

ID: 42261 LD: 2 [no mat]

ID: 42263
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17 (Materials Found)

"Oh nice, well things just kind of fell into place then. Hopefully we can knock out two birds with one stone. But definitely, it beats out having to listen to my thoughts all day. Man those guys can get annoying."

Calrex spoke in a lighthearted tone on the last two sentences as he scanned. It seemed that even though he lost <<Reveal>> it didn't make him any less capable of scavenging materials from the environment. Within a minute or two he found a decent handful of small creatures that would be useful for bait for his fishing.

"To be honest about the sub dungeon...I can't really say it'll be the same as the last time. Teayre and I certainly spent a while finding it, but when we did it was certainly not what I was expecting at least. I don't know if it's different for the floors, but I've heard that no two dungeons are the same."

Loot List:
1 Material

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal nodded, as they entered a clearing. "Makes sense. I guessed that they were random." Lowenthal said, looking around for more materials. Again not being able to find any. "Must've picked this place clean." Lowenthal said, noting that Cal had found a few critters. "Starting a zoo there Cal?" Lowenthal joked as he saw Calrex picking up a few small creatures. Most likely for his fisherman career. "How's the fishing gig anyway?" Lowenthal asked, moving forward.

"Heh, yes a petting zoo. The fishing business is...well, it's going. Let's just say I wish I had as much luck finding materials as I did using them for bait."

The bluenette could feel a bead of sweat form on the side of his head at the thought. He had not cast his line for quite a few days, but the last times he did were rather disappointing in the catch. The fish were either rotting or of bad quality.

"For all I know I might need to change casting location."

"But I'm getting on my feet at least. Hopefully once I rank up some more in it I'll be able to consistently net some useful items. In any case, how goes the swimwear store?"

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal let out a nervous cough. "Well, I've expanded the business you see. I added a backroom to it." Lowenthal said, trying his best to find something of value in the jungle. He let out a yawn, as he didn't see anything again. "And well, let' say that I got to card ya' if you try to get in there." Lowenthal said, with a wink and sticking out his tongue. His back room contained items that players were using already, and he figure it was a good time to capitalise on that market. "I mean, being a fishermen's got to be nice. With no competition. I got to complete with friggin Ariel." Lowe said, cutting down another vine in his way.

"Really now? Well then I won't inquire, heh."

Calrex gave a joking smile as he weaved his way around the various obstacles in the environment, "That's true, Ariel certainly has the edge, since she has the higher rank of the two of you, at least to my knowledge. The problem with being a fisherman is that going from all the things I need to take into account, I don't get as much items for the amount of effort invested, although I'm fairly sure that will change as I get more experienced at it."

As he found a section he could not maneuver through the bluenette drew his own sword, the Darkened Blade, cutting through the vines as he continued along, "So in any case, you said that this rumor involves a ninja grandmaster? I wonder what kind of unique you can get from that."

Lowenthal chuckled. "Yeah, well good on ya. Hopefully, I won't be seeing Tearye in there anytime soon. Speaking of which." Lowenthal said, turning to look at his blue coloured friend. "Are you really in love with her? I mean, I've heard of long engagements, but this is kind of pushing it, ya think?" Lowenthal asked, sheathing his weapon. "I mean, I don't think that you don't love her nor nothing, don't get me wrong. But marriage is something you gotta jump on man. If you think about it to long, you end up focusing on the bad things."  Lowenthal said, rubbing the back of his head.

Calrex gave a laugh as Lowenthal spoke about Teayre in relation to his addition to his shop, "Heh, if she even gets close I hope I'll get an instant message from you!"

Listening attentively to the young man as he spoke earnestly about Calrex's engagement with Teayre the bluenette's eyes widened for a second, "That's right...we haven't told anyone openly yet..."

As the orange haired player finished the Ultramarine Knight put on a friendly face as he spoke, "Man, that was some serious stuff you just gave me. It sounded like you're talking from experience. What happened to the ladies-man part Lowe, heh."

With that he gave a calming breath before speaking in a more serious tone, "However, what you said is completely right. I do honestly love her, with all of my being. In some ways if it weren't for her I probably wouldn't be the highest level player in Aincrad right now. It was bad enough postponing the marriage because of being busy..."

Looking back over he rubbed the back of his own head, "Sorry about not letting you know man, but actually Teayre and I did get married. We've had the Saying Vows quest completed for over a month now. We actually haven't gotten around to letting everyone know yet."

Lowenthal sighed. "Well of course I'm a ladies man. But I think I know how marriage works." Lowenthal said, with a humble brag. Lowenthal listened to Calrex. "Wait, you what!?" Lowenthal asked, quite surprised. "And, you didn't invite me? Cal, I'm hurt." Lowenthal said, playing along. He still felt a bit of resentment however. Calrex was a close friend, and the person who taught him how to be an adventurer. Lowenthal sighed.  "But still, congratulations. Kinda wish you told me that, so I didn't look like a complete idiot. Heh." Lowenthal said, letting out a nervous chuckle. He did feel quite silly for talking about a failing relationship, that wasn't failing. At all.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I was going to send out a message, or plan something, but the actual act was fairly spontaneous. We didn't let anyone know about it, plus right afterwards she became an orange player, so I guess I put it on the backburner. Trust me, it wasn't intentional."

Continuing to rub the back of his head he gave a calming breath before returning his hands to his pockets, "But be sure that if or when we decide to celebrate it, you'll definitely be on the list, heh."

Looking back around the bluenette continued to scan the area, "In any case we'd best get back to focusing on this. Any idea how we're supposed to find this ninja grandmaster? I have a feeling that if this is anything like the other rumors, this guy might want to duel you one on one, unless he's ok with you having some backup."

Lowenthal's jaw dropped slightly. "Teayre, she?" A very surprised notion, when Lowenthal heard that Teayre became a player killer. Lowenthal shook his head. "No, no matter. You're right, let's focus on this." Lowenthal said, pulling out a safeguard potion and drinking it. "Better safe, than sorry." he said, looking at Calrex. Lowenthal looked out in the jungle. "He's gotta be around here somewhere. I can feel it." Lowenthal said, searching the jungle with his gaze. "Rumour did say one versus one. But it also said that I could prepare. So if we run into him, I'm hoping you could lend me a few buff items." Lowenthal said. He didn't want to admit that, that was his idea when Calrex had messaged him. It wasn't like that at first, it just evolved to that. And if he did get his unique skill, he'd be more than happy to assist Calrex with dungeon hunting.

"Yeah, I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that it was someone that hurt her pretty bad in the past that we encountered right after. As for the buff items, well, that'll depend what you mean. With my high level, I've kind of neglected carrying any enhancement consumables in me. In fact it's been quite a while since I've used a healing potion. So whatever you've got on you is what we have as a team. I don't think even in my now shared inventory is there one, heh."

Crossing his arms Calrex began to contemplate ways that Lowenthal could turn the tide in his favor, should the ninja decide to duel to something like half life, "That safeguard might come in handy. If you can maybe try and challenge him to first strike, that way you'll get at least a free shot possibly."

Lowenthal rubbed the back of his head. "At least I still have that fish you got me. So, if the duel prolongs I'll at least have that." Lowenthal said. Lowenthal thought. "Well, you think a safeguard potion would counter a first strike duel? I mean, I take no damage. But he still hits me. I'd rather play it to a half HP duel. And pray that he doesn't have a ton of mitigation." Lowenthal said, thinking. "Let's keep moving." The sandy haired man said, leading the way. The anticipation was driving Lowenthal insane. It was only a matter of time before he'd find that ninja grandmaster.

"Yeah, that's true. Darn, well then that fish is the only thing I've got at the moment unfortunately. Like I said, my fishing hasn't been very fruitful as of late, heh."

As the two continued to make their way through the jungle Calrex gave a calming breath. It had become almost instinct, as he always exhaled before activating his <<Reveal>> skill in the past, but now with it switched to a mod the landscape would not turn transparent no matter how much he focused. "Hopefully whatever strength the ninja grandmaster is scales to your level. I have a feeling if that's the case for all the unique rumors, then it would make more sense why so many people have them already."

Lowenthal chuckled. "Hell, I hope he's tough. I really want to feel like I earned it." Lowenthal said, expressing his excitement. His nervousness transgressed into excitement. Lowenthal reached for his hip, where his kunai was located. "Do you feel that Calrex? He's close." Lowenthal said. Lowenthal always had a knack for 'sensing' things. If not really sensing, but more of an innate gut feeling. "Keep an eye out." Lowenthal said.

"Heh, I wish I could keep a better eye out, but with the new skill mod release I lost Reveal. In any case, I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled."

Giving a calming breath the bluenette's eyes scanned left and right as the two moved further and further. Cleaving yet another cluster of branches he stepped through before checking behind him, "Still nothing on my end. If this is a ninja grandmaster, they're certainly doing a good job of staying hidden from us."

"Without Reveal I can't see through cover, so this heavy clustered area is perfect for him to hide in."

Lowenthal walked slowly, trying to keep his guard up. "Yeah, makes sense when you think about it." Lowenthal said. He gritted his teeth and reversed the grip on his kunai. Lowenthal felt that little pang of fear well up inside him. There was always something about knowing that there was something there, but unable to see it. Lowenthal elt like a child, afraid of the dark. Not because the lights have gone out, but because something lurked there. "Alright then!" Lowenthal called out. "Show yourself! We're not getting any younger." Lowenthal said, tired of waiting.

(waiting for GM's now)