PP - F6 Deep Jungle Jokes and Hijinks (Sub-Dungeon Exploration) (Lowenthal)

(1 Post Remaining Until Full Recharge / 6 HP Recovered)

Calrex gave a nod as he put his hands into his jacket pockets, "I think that's more o just us being on the sixth floor with the level we're at. I have a feeling we'd have more of a challenge on the higher floors past thirteen, ones that would probably be more likely to give us some health competition without falling under threat of dying."

As they continued further the Ultramarine Knight tried his best to figure out what could be causing the time reversal effect on the area, "It might be just the theme of the dungeon, but I swear if we start getting younger that's going to be a bit unsettling. In any case, it's possible that the boss room is going to be in the best condition compared to any other part of the ruins."

HP List
Calrex: 253/304 (+6)
   Energy: 49/56 (+1)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, that would make sense." Lowenthal said, rubbing the back of his head. It still didn't mean that it was boring to him. Why did everything have to be so boring? He hated that the boss room was still locked away. He wanted nothing more than to go in there and show that floor boss what for. "Man, even on the highest floor we can get to, mobs die to easily. How to you manage to avoid being bored?" Lowenthal asked his high leveled friend.

(1 posts till full recharge)
Hp: 116/166
Energy: 15/29 (+1)

(Energy Fully Recharged / 6 HP Recovered)

"Heh, to be honest if I didn't find gaining experience to strength my skills and gain new mods, I probably would be bored fairly quickly at my current level. I guess you could say the drive to keep up with everyone so that I can still be counted on is part of what is continuously pushing me forward."

As the two exited out of the corridor a strange sight awaited them. in front of them was a short stone staircase, but it led out to an open area, one that made it seem like they were no longer within a dungeon. It was a large square platform with grass growing in the center, leaving only a small border of rock at the edge. A large chasm awaited on all sides, with cascading waterfalls forming a wall-like appearance to the room. Looking up it appeared that the sole reminder they were underground was the rock ceiling above.

With a small sigh Calrex looked left and right as they descended onto the platform, "Well...I have no idea what theme the developers were going for in this dungeon."

HP List
Calrex: 259/304 (+6)
   Energy: 56/56

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal sighed. Calrex didn't get it, or he wasn't affected by it. He was going to say something, but the pair had arrived at a different section of the dungeon. "Looks like the last spot before the boss comes out." Lowenthal said, making his observation of the area. The area did feel nice, and serene. "I don't like this place." Lowenthal said, stepping into the area. "Feels off. Can you sense it?" He asked, looking back at Calrex. The feeling the room gave him was, something he had not experienced in a long time. If at all. He felt at peace here, serene and calm. He didn't like it. The feeling was artificial and fake. Just like his friends? Lowenthal touched his forehead, now stricken with a headache. "Is there any lore on this place? Or is it simply a dungeon crawler?" Lowenthal asked, looking around the room.

Energy Recovered

As he scanned the area, listening to Lowenthal's words, Calrex went through what he knew from past games he's played, trying to think of one pattern or design in common, "Well...it seems like the main theme of this dungeon has something to do with time...and..."

Looking up the bluenette heard the familiar clackings of giant appendages. It seemed to be echoing off of the walls of the area. Giving a calming breath he tightened his grip on the Grand Blade, "...giant spiders..."

Thin legs stretched over the edge of the platform the two were standing on as a large spider crawled up from the side, this one seeming to be akin to an orb weaver or other spider that specialized in using their webs in an offensive manner. However, as it straightened onto the platform it stepped back, as if standing on an invisible web, were it not for the fact the entire background seemed to vibrate and bounce.

"This whole area....is an illusion...shoot Lowe I think we just walked straight into this creature's lair..."

ID: 44836
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6 (Riposte Activated)
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion -1) = 7
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 54 Remaining)

Right as the spider attacked Calrex quickly shot forward, stepping in front of Lowenthal as the creature opened its mouth, the fangs trained on him. Quickly locking the Grand Guard in place he thrust forward to counter the momentum of the strike. Looking he saw that the fangs seemed to drop with poison. The shield began to glow with the <<Parry>> skill as the Ultramarine Knight gave a calming breath, the repulsive force of the shield knocking the spider back before the energy transferred into the Grand Blade.

Quickly spinning forward and separating his shield into its separate halves the bluenette slashed forward, the energy shooting out like a shockwave once again as his <<Vengeful Riposte>> skill mod triggered, sending some of the incoming damage back at the spider.

"Alright, time to take this thing down!"

HP List
(Hate: 1) Calrex: 258/304 (120 DMG / 2 Parry - 75 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 54/56 (-2)
Lowenthal: 116/116
   Energy: 29/29

Enemies:
Time Spinner: 275/300 (60 Vengeful Riposte - 35 MIT = 25 DMG)
DMG: 120
MIT: 35

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal looked up, to see the giant clockwork spider descend. Lowenthal lept backwards, just dodging the beast. "Nice call Calrex." Lowenthal said, happy to have gotten out of the way. "And just in the nick of time." He said, chuckling. He drew his dagger, and looked at Calrex into his eyes. To make his point as dramatic, and as on point as he could. "Don't want to alarm you, but we should clock this guy out before he's able to do anything." He said, stifling a chuckle. Lowenthal rushed the clockwork spider. "Guess it's that time again!" He yelled out. Lowenthal was off kilter, and had to activate his concentration skill to hit the spider. His sword art activated, and Lowenthal entered his spinning motion. His damage done, he lept back out of range of the spider. "Damn, not enough to kill this one huh? Cal, you've gotta be slacking." Lowenthal jested to his friend.

ID: 44857
BD: 6 [5+1 Concentration]
Dmg: 77 (7*16=112 / 112-35= 77)

HP List
(Hate: 1) Calrex: 258/304 (120 DMG / 2 Parry - 75 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 54/56 (-2)
(Hate: 0) Lowenthal: 116/116
   Energy: 13/29

Enemies:
Time Spinner: 198/300 (112 Eternal Cyclone - 35 MIT = 77 DMG)

ID: 44858
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6 (Riposte Activated)
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion -1) = 9
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 53 Remaining)

Calrex almost burst out laughing as he heard the string of clock and time jokes that shot out of Lowenthal's mouth like he had them holstered for just this occasion, "Geezes, give me a break! I'm trying to focus here!"

Looking forward the bluenette saw that the spider had recovered from the Master of Shadows' attack, leaping forward to target him once again, giving a quick smirk. Reforming the Grand Guard once again the deep-sea blue tower shield completed in front of him, shining with the light blue aura of his <<Parry>> skill once again. As the creature's fangs hit the guard once again the repulsive force knocked it back once again before the energy channeled into the Grand Blade once again. Quickly striking once again the <<Vengeful Riposte>> energy knocked the spider back for another piece of its health, "This thing should go down on our next few strikes! Keep it up!"

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 257/304 (120 DMG / 2 Parry - 75 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 53/56 (-2+1)
   Energy: 13/29

Enemies:
Time Spinner: 173/300 (60 Vengeful Riposte - 35 MIT = 25 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal decided to not attack for a few seconds, but rather let his energy recharge. One of the benefits of having the most damaging class of Sword Arts, was all of that nice energy expenditure. "It's gonna be a minute!" Lowenthal called out. "Need some time to build up some more energy. Than, I can hit it again at my strongest. Otherwise, it's a waste of time of me attacking." Lowenthal said, including the clever use of time puns. He chuckled under his breath as he watched the clockwork machination tangle with Calrex.

-no attack-

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 257/304 
   Energy: 53/56 
   Energy: 14/29 +1

Enemies:
Time Spinner: 173/300

ID: 44859
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion -1) = 5
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 54 Remaining)

"Sure thing! I'll keep this thing busy in the meantime!"

Making note of his teammate preparing to recharge his energy Calrex gave a calming breath as he saw the spider attempt to strike at him once again, this time using its front legs as stabbing implements akin to a series of lance stabs.

This time he refrained from forming the whole Grand Guard, keeping them as their separate halves on his forearms as he used them as individual buckler guards, batting away each attack without giving an opening to attack, "Well, this is certainly keeping up the pressure."

Quickly forming the full tower shield for the final attack the spider sent out the Ultramarine Knight forced it to the side, gritting his teeth as he quickly exhaled to add force behind his shove.

HP List
   Energy: 54/56 (+1)
   Energy: 14/29

Enemies:

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal pun his dagger in on hand, waiting for his energy to replenish. "C'mon, c'mon. Regen faster!" He pleaded with it, hoping that it would move faster, somehow magically. And of course it didn't, but Lowenthal was getting impatient. Even more so when he saw that Calrex had not attacked the spider as well. He sighed. "Okay, after you hit it one more time, I'll attack it. Energy should be up enough by then, but after that consider me useless." Lowenthal said, not wanting to spend the next few seconds sitting on his ass whilst Cal killed the spider by himself.

-no attack action made-

HP List
   Energy: 54/56 
   Energy: 15/29 (+1)

Enemies:

ID: 44860
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Riposte Activated)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion -1) = 10 (+1 Damage)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 53 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as he reformed the Grand Guard once again, seeing the incoming attack from the spider. This time it moved close, using its fangs and front legs in a combined attack, the four piercing implements slamming into the tower shield. Luckily enough, even as he saw the red numbers indicating a critical hit fly by, it was still reduced to minimal damage from the combined mitigation of his armor and shield skills.

At the same time the light blue glow of his <<Parry>> skill trigger, the energy from the attack flowing into his sword as the <<Vengeful Riposte>> activated. Releasing the energy from his sword once again it knocked the spider back, giving a calming breath as his defensive array succeeded in repelling another attack, "Sounds good to me! Hopefully if this thing decides to let up for a moment I might be able to get an actual offensive strike out!"

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 256/304 (120+1 DMG / 2 Parry - 75 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 53/56 (-2+1)
   Energy: 15/29

Enemies:
Time Spinner: 147/300 (61 Vengeful Riposte - 35 MIT = 26 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

"Here, this'll buy you some time!" Lowenthal jested, as he activated his sword art. He remembered that his unique dagger had the bleeding and paralyse. His hit did in fact, cause the stunning and added effect of bleeding. "That should hold for a little bit, but that's about all I can do for now." Lowenthal said, leaping back to a safer position. "You got things form here, right?" Lowenthal said, knowing that in a few more seconds he's have his basic stun at the ready.

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 256/304 
   Energy: 53/56 
   Energy: 0/29 +1 -16

Enemies:
Time Spinner: 54/300 (128 Vengeful Riposte - 35 MIT = 93 DMG)
[Bleeding 2/2 -4dmg][Paralysed 1/1]

ID: 44941
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion -1) = 8 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Craft Dice: 12 (Battle Healing Activated)
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 45 Remaining)

"Thanks!"

Right as Lowenthal successfully paralyzed and inflicted Bleed on the spider Calrex immediately rushed in. The Grand Guard split apart into its two separate halves as he triggered <<Shadow Explosion>>, the Grand Blade glowing with the dark purple glow of the Sword Art.

Quickly closing the distance he unleashed the nine series of attacks, quickly ending the battle as his attack removed the rest of the creature's health before it burst into crystals.

With a sigh of relief he resheathed his sword, but as he did, suddenly the entire area seemed to change. The "web" of the background the spider had weaved fell away as suddenly the place, stuck out of time, began to age rapidly. The waterfalls began to dissipate, followed by the stone platform they were standing on becoming full of cracks and darkened spots. The staircase behind them fell away, and soon enough it seemed the platform began to descend downwards.

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 1500 col (Mob HP 300 * 5 col = 1500)

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 272/304 (+16)
   Energy: 45/56 (-9+1)
   Energy: 0/29 +1 -16

Enemies:
Time Spinner: -10/300 (10+1 DMG * 9 Art - 35 MIT = 64 DMG)
[Bleeding 2/2 -4dmg][Paralysed 1/1]

Edited by Calrex

[2 turns till Energy Recharge]

Lowenthal stood up, now noticing that the platform was moving downwards. Not at an alarming rate, but slow. Much like an elevator. "Well, this seems steady enough. And if anything, I'd say we just beat the bosses guardian." Lowenthal said, noting his energy meter had just now started to replenish. He groaned at the bar's emptiness. "Why would they incorporate something, that moves this slow?" He said in frustration, as he sat down on the ground. With nothing to do, but to wait for the elevator to take it's natural course.

HP List
(Hate: 0) Calrex: 272/304
   Energy: 45/56
   Energy: 1/29 +1

(2 Posts Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge / 6 HP Recovered)

"Yeah, let's just hope this thing doesn't decide to vanish on us all of a sudden, heh."

As the stone platform continued to descend, Calrex looked around the two of them. It seemed the further down they went, the amount of light slowly began to recede. They were certainly moving away from any light source, something that put him slightly on edge. Even with his high Accuracy, the darkness meant that his loss of <<Night Vision>> and <<Reveal>> skills would certainly pose a hindrance.

However, as they also continued down further, the bluenette also made note of the growing cracks in the platform. At the edges pieces began to crumble off, beginning to shrink the stone slab further and further, "Take about famous last words. How is your energy Lowe?"

HP List
Calrex: 278/304 (+6)
   Energy: 46/56 (+1)

Lowenthal stood, stepping into the center of the platform. "Uhm, okay not good." He said, trying to make sense of this place. He looked at his energy bar. "Uhm, not good. How's 2 sound?" He said, nervously. He was hoping that Calrex came more prepared as it seemed that if anything came out early, his energy recharge would stop leaving Calrex with the brunt of the work. If not all of it in fact. He looked at Cal. "You had to say something, didn't you?"

1 turn till Energy Regen.

(1 Posts Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge / 6 HP Recovered)

"Yeah, I believe me and my big mouth applies to this situation accurately."

Calrex made his foot positioning as small as he could, his feet parallel to each other as the platform began to grow smaller and smaller with each falling piece. At the same time it seemed the light was nearby gone from their current positioning, the only hint of the outside being the nearly pinhole sized circle of light from above. The darkness around them made it difficult to tell how far down they had gone.

"Well, two is certainly better than nothing. Hopefully you'll be back to full before the boss."

With a calming breath as the stone's descent rate began to slow the Ultramarine Knight thought for a second that the shrinking platform part of the descent was over, until the entire piece crumbled out from beneath them. Calrex's eyes widened for a second as he felt the lack of foundation, "Oh **..."

As the two plummeted he quickly drew the Grand Blade, trying to find a wall to pierce into so that he could slow his descent. However, it seemed that whatever darkened area they had entered was larger than the platform. However, they didn't fall for long before both players hit the ground. Unable to see the ground below Calrex felt himself fall onto his back, "Gah! Ugh...that smarted..."

Looking at his health he saw that nothing was lost as he pushed himself off the ground, dusting off his arms, "Darn...you alright Lowe!?"

HP List
Calrex: 284/304 (+6)
   Energy: 47/56 (+1)

Lowenthal could feel the foundation go from underneath him. "Wha-Whoa! Dammit!" He shouted as he fell into the darkness. After falling several feet, Lowenthal landed on his feet, and proceeded to go into a roll. He snapped his head up, and had his knife already drawn. He was scanning the area, trying to find any inkling of what lurked down here. "I'm fine." Lowenthal said, but his attention was now diverted to something else. "Something's down here with us it seems." Lowenthal said, able to hear noises, but unable to see them. Lowenthal looked at his energy meter. Nice and full, and it seemed not a moment too soon.

HP List
(Hate: 0) Calrex: 272/304
   Energy: 47/56
   Energy: 29/29 [Energy replenished]

(Energy Fully Recharged / 6 HP Recovered)

"Yeah...no kidding...if only we could actually see what it was."

As he fully got to his feet Calrex could hear his teammates voice, even though he was having trouble actually discerning Lowenthal's location. The area seemed virtually pitch black, with only lighter shades where his eyes was able to barely discern rock structures and such.

However, the main thing that had his attention was the hulking footsteps that seemed to slowly be approaching their location. Turning his head to face whatever it was that was slowly approaching them he was able to make out a pair of fiery glowing blue eyes that seemed to radiate an small mist. The glow seemed to illuminate only the upper part of the creature, which gave form to the two nearly intersecting horns that seemed to form an infinity symbol in front of it.

"Alright Lowe, hope you're ready for a fight..."

Spoiler

Dahaka0.jpg

HP List
(Hate: 0) Calrex: 290/304 (+6)
   Energy: 56/56 (+All)

Enemies:
Guardian of Time:
450/450
DMG: 70
MIT: 38

Environmental Effect:
Darkness: -1 to BD roll

Lowenthal took a step back, seeing how tall the behemoth actually was. When it was reaching the presumed ceiling, and the earth was shaking with each of it's steps, Lowenthal took a few more steps back. "Uh, yeah bud. All you. Go get him." Lowenthal said, with all intentions of assisting Calrex. But Lowenthal couldn't take the first hit, at least not from that thing. "Hey, lemme know how hard that thing hits, okay?" Lowenthal said, preparing himself mentally. Before Calrex jumped into battle, Lowenthal took a precaution and use a health crystal on Calrex topping off his health bar. "Hate to tell Teayre that you died on my watch." Lowenthal said, making another pun.

-HP Crystal used on Calrex: +25 HP-

HP List
(Hate: 0) Calrex: 304/304 +25
   Energy: 56/56

Enemies:
Guardian of Time:
 450/450
DMG: 70
MIT: 38

Environmental Effect: