PP - F6 Deep Jungle Jokes and Hijinks (Sub-Dungeon Exploration) (Lowenthal)

RkZkUCVZHntEDv8noHZowoVuqT5CZNNzm7iMPD2-

A shadow of a man seemed to fly around the air, then move quickly behind Lowenthal to strike them, though the shadow passed a mere millimetre away from Lowenthal, leaving the only thing they likely sensed a fast whoosh of air. The ninja then settled in place before them, a dagger held in reverse grip in one hand as dangerous eyes stared at Lowenthal. "Target acquired for half HP duel." is all he said flatly as he stared them down, waiting for their next move to act accordingly.

ID 42734 BD 1, Miss.
Half HP Duel

Hanzo 126/126 EN: 27/29
Lowenthal 116/116 EN: 29/29 Safeguard
Calrex (please add based on equipment) EN: 55/55

Hanzo stats:
Base Damage: 7 Bleed: 2 Para: 2 Mit: 69 Acc: 3 Eva: 3

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowenthal heard the distinct sound of bushes rustling. Almost as if a bird was taking off. But his gut said otherwise, and he quickly took a step to the left. A dagger passed by, if it was any closer it would've impaled his head. Attached to the dagger, was none other than the man he was looking for. Lowenthal reached out with his dagger, only to have it reflected by the ninja's armor. Lowenthal reversed the grip on his own Kunai, and prepared himself. Lowe forgot about everything, even that Calrex was standing right there. Right now, nothing else mattered.

ID: 42740
BD:1[4-3]

Hanzo 126/126 EN: 27/29
Lowenthal 116/116 EN: 27/29 [Safeguard] [Light Momentum]
Calrex (please add based on equipment) EN: 55/55

Hanzo stats:

"Looks like we found him."

As an incoming opponent made their presence known Calrex looked to see a rather unusual individual appear, but judging from the garbs the NPC was wearing, the Ultramarine Knight could easily discern this was none other than the ninja that Lowenthal was looking for, "So this is a unique NPC huh?..."

Looking over at his teammate he gave an understanding nod, taking a few steps back so that he was out of the battle zone, "Alright Lowe, he's all yours."

Resheathing the Darkened Blade the bluenette gave a small sigh before moving back and leaning against a nearby tree, putting his hands into his jacket pockets before looking back over at the NPC, "Don't worry about me for this fight, you two go at it."

Hanzo wasted no time to strike back at their opponent, the arm which moved to attack him reflected away with the armor on his arm, then attacking the arm used to strike him twice as the dagger glowed. A shattering effect happened as the Safeguard broke, destroying the layer of defence that the player had. Clearly the man was prepared for a fight, giving them an extra defence. But would it last them the entire fight? Only time would tell.

ID 42747 BD 8, Safeguard destroyed.
Counter SA used, 2 energy consumed.
Half HP Duel

Hanzo 126/126 EN: 26/29
Lowenthal 116/116 EN: 27/29 Light Momentum

Hanzo stats:

Edited by Unique

Lowenthal felt the safeguard effect shatter of his body. "Damn, was hoping that lasted longer."  Lowenthal swiped with his kunai again, only to strike the air. Lowenthal rolled as he missed, his accuracy buff not helping him any. Damn, he's quick. But you've fought quicker. Lowenthal though to himself as he stood back up. "C'mon then!" He taunted to the ninja master.

ID: 42749
BD: 2 [3+2-3]

Hanzo 126/126 EN: 26/29
Lowenthal 116/116 EN: 26/29 [Light Momentum]

Hanzo stats:

"Looks like this is going to be an interesting match."

Watching as Lowenthal and the unique NPC initiated their duel Calrex watched as the swift ninja quickly eliminated the self-titled Master of Shadows' Safeguard enhancement while quickly evading his blows, "Come on Lowe, you just need a need or two to take him down.This NPC seems to have just as strong stats as I do. The question is what separates his abilities from the rest. From what I could tell, at least if we don't take Zel's Dual Blades into account, all of the uniques tend to have some kind of passive ability that's always on. Tristan's is an after mitigation reflector attack, Teayre's is an auto-critical, Dom's is a HP drain..."

Giving a calming breath he crossed his arms and continued to observe. 

Hanzo evaded the attack from the man and turned into a blur as they dashed around the so called 'Master of Shadows'. He then wrapped an arm around Lowenthals neck and with the other arm pressed a dagger against it, hitting multiple times with the dagger against the throat as it was pressed against it. After he dealt the damage of the sword art, he let go of Lowenthal, letting them move from the deadly grasp he put them in.

ID: 42761
BD: 7

Hanzo 126/126 EN: 20/29
Lowenthal 96/116 EN: 26/29 [Light Momentum]

Hanzo stats:

Edited by Unique

Lowenthal held his neck, and grabbed a crystal and crushed it in his hand. The healing effect covered Lowenthal, and healed him a good portion of his health back, if not completely healing him. If he couldn't hit this guy, he could at least try to outlast his energy. Lowe had a few more potions, and crystals he could finally use. "Finally." Lowenthal grinned. "Something worthwhile!" he said, lunging again, only to barely miss the ninja. If only Lowe could get his stun in, he could solidify a much harder hit. All he had to do was nick the bastard.

ID: 42771
BD: 4[5+2-3]

Hanzo 126/126 EN: 20/29
Lowenthal 116/116 EN: 26/29 +25HP [Light Momentum]

Hanzo stats:

Hanzo focused on the target before him, once again vanishing into thin air and dashing around them. He again appeared behind Lowenthal and went in with a choke again, hoping to wear the man down before he could go further, using his overwhelming power to damage them continuously. As the dagger met Lowenthals neck, it also activated the bleed and paralysis it had, making Lowenthal receive negative status effects to shut him down.

ID: 42778
BD: 9
SA Strangle used

Hanzo 126/126 EN: 14/29
Lowenthal 95/116 EN: 25/29 [Light Momentum] Bleed 2/2 Para 1/1

Hanzo stats:

Edited by Unique

"Well that's certainly not good."

As Calrex watched the battle continue on he saw Lowenthal continue to attempt to strike at the NPC, but with each missed strike it seemed his opponent was attempting to gain the upper hand. This became even more prominent with the unique user's latest blow, which seemed to have a double effect, much like Teayre's own high rank Sword Arts. Seeing the familiar symbols for both Bleed and Paralyze on the orange-haired player the bluenette gritted his teeth before giving a calming exhale.

"Come on Lowe, you can do this. Stay focused. This guy's just as fast as I am, so you have experience dealing with dodgy opponents."

Lowenthal could barely see the man move, and by the time he got a bead on him, it was too late. Lowenthal was already feeling the effects of bleed, and paralyse. The feeling was already too familiar. Fighting Calrex, and Oikawa before in the arena. He hated being paralysed, it made him defenceless and exposed. And what was worse, was that he couldn't do anything. All he could do was sit there, take the bleed damage, and wait out the paralysis. 

Hanzo 126/126 EN: 14/29
Lowenthal 95/116 EN: 25/29 [Light Momentum] Bleed 2/2 Para 1/1

Hanzo stats:

Hanzo moved away from his grip on Lowenthal and readied himself to attack, when he was suddenly distracted by a player to the side, one with exceedingly more HP. It had distracted the NPC and they glared daggers at Calrex, then returned their attention to Lowenthal. By the time however that he had them in their focus, he no longer had the the time to strike the man.

ID: 42791
BD: 4 Miss

Hanzo 126/126 EN: 13/29
Lowenthal 91/116 EN: 25/29 [Light Momentum] Bleed 1/2

Hanzo stats:

The distraction was all Lowenthal needed as he brought his kunai up into the ninja's abdomen. "Big, mistake." Lowenthal said, as he spun his now non paralysed body. A total of four spins, each time the kunai that Lowenthal held cutting deeper and deeper. For some reason, Lowenthal felt the need to announce his successful attack. "Eternal CYCLONE!" Lowenthal shouted, as he landed and stood upright. Lowenthal stared at the Ninja Hanzo, not lowering his guard in case Hanzo had different plans. Lowenthal spoke to Calrex. "See, totally had that under control." Lowenthal said.

ID: 42793
BD: 7[8+2-3] [Eternal Cyclone used -16Energy][144 dmg dealt]

Hanzo 51/126 EN: 13/29 - 75[144-69=75]
Lowenthal 91/116 EN: 9/29 [Light Momentum] Bleed 1/2

Hanzo stats:

Hanzo fell backwards from the slashes they received, flipping on their hands then spinning in the air, landing gracefully on their feet after the attack. He nodded quietly, his mouth still hidden by his clothing, then calmly walked to Lowenthal, handing them the dagger with both hands (Yamikiba, Unique Dagger, +2 Bleed +2 Paralysis) and saying "You have proven yourself worthy. From now on, you are Hanzo, the man who strikes from the shadows their opponents.", giving them also the Unique skill Shadowed Path. And with that, the man was gone. without a trace.

Unique Skill info PMed to Lowenthal

With the battle over Calrex ave a small sigh of relief, walking over to his teammate as the unique NPC vanished, "Nice work Lowe. I guess this means you're one step closer to being the Master of Shadows huh?"

"So that's what a unique encounter is like. Well, maybe if there's any left I'll take a stab in the dark at them. I have a feeling I won't get any, but it's worth a shot."

"Alright then, next thing on the list is the dungeon right? Let's get a move on that. However, in the meantime what in the world is the unique you got?"

Swiping on his menu Calrex made sure his defensive gear was at the ready. Knowing that Lowenthal was a damage dealer, he knew for sure that he'd be the defender of the two players.

Lowenthal rubbed the red marks on his neck. "Sheesh, he sure liked stabbing my throat a lot." He said, rubbing his neck. Lowenthal thought that, that last sentence would be a lot more weird if they weren't all stuck in a game of life or death. Lowenthal opened his menu. "Well, it's called the 'Shadowed Path'. And It says here that I get reduced hate generation. Seems i only generate hate on a critical it now. Neat." Lowenthal said, rolling his eyes. With people like Tristan and Calrex around that could generate more hate then a re-post on 9gag, what was the point of reduced hate. He shrugged, as he looked through the locked sword arts. "Looks about the same as my dagger skill tree, guess I'll just focus on other skills for now." Lowenthal said. "And yeah, dungeon sounds nice. Let's go." Lowenthal said following Calrex.

"Wow, that...actually seems kind of underwhelming compared to some of the other uniques. Oh well, I guess at least you have it now. In any case, yeah, let's get start looking for that dungeon."

Giving a nod Calrex turned and proceeded further into the forest, continuing to check his peripherals for any potential threats, "So with the Shadowed Path now gotten that brings the current total unique skills I know are supposedly claimed to about seven. Geeze I wonder if there's even any left up for grabs, heh."

Drawing the Grand Blade once again he cleared a path through the brush. From what he could discern, they were passing close to the Waterfall of the Sage, where the quest <<Calming the Soul>> took place. It had been some time since he last visited there, and so far had no intentions of making another stop.

"So with your unique's Sword Arts being about the same, I'm guessing you're going to continue working on the Sneak skill then?"

Lowenthal laughed. "Oh, you know it." Lowenthal said. "It's only rank two, but I can't be the master of shadows without having that at grandmaster." Lowenthal said. Apparently there was a new skill 'mod', another update that snuck on him, that would allow him to attack from stealth. Anything to help him become the 'ninja grandmaster' he was told to be by Hanzo. Well the Ex-Hanzo. "Apparently I'm Hanzo now, might stick with it. What do you think?" Lowenthal asked, grinning. "Might just introduce myself as 'Hanzo, Master of Shadows' to the new adventurers." Lowenthal said, laughing. "Maybe get myself a mask and everything." Lowenthal said, starting to convince himself of the idea.

"Heh, yeah no kidding. I think right now I'm either going to try and nab a few more of the new skill mods, or work on my new Block and healing skills. That way the healers can focus on everyone else rather than me."

As the two continued on Calrex pasted some more brush with his sword. What was odd for him was the fact that they had yet to encounter a single enemy. Normally it took great skill to avoid any of the numerous creatures that inhabit the jungle, but this time it seemed eerily vacant of life.

"Hanzo huh? Yeah you should get yourself decked out in the while ninja outfit, heh. Maybe even make a new piece of equipment called the Hattori...as you can see I know a bit about the famous ninja."

"Great, your martial arts hobby rears its ugly head."

Lowenthal raised an eyebrow. "Hattori? Never heard of it." He said, lightly tossing the dagger in his hand juggling it. It looked nice, but if was going to be useful or not had yet to be seen. Lowenthal didn't really like status effects, but two of them and both at two ranks. It might be useful, but Lowenthal was concerned with his sudden lack of damage. He sighed, and used it to cut away foliage for now. "What's it look like?" Lowenthal asked, questioning about the Hattori.