PP - F6 Deep Jungle Jokes and Hijinks (Sub-Dungeon Exploration) (Lowenthal)

Calrex gave a laugh as Lowenthal's question, "Sorry, I guess I didn't explain properly, either that or I delivered that little joke wrong. Hanzo was the name of a famous ninja in the past, but his full name was Hanzo Hattori. Although I guess if you wanted to make a..."

ID: 43704
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Intermediate Dungeon Found)

Looking past the orange-haired player the blunette's eyes narrowed in on something that stood out from the rest of the jungle, "Hold on for a sec..."

Walking forward he saw that appeared to be a strange pedestal with a small statuette that was on the ground next to it. "Hm..."

Picking up the figure he placed it onto the pedestal, hearing some movement in the ground below before it went silent.

Turning back to face Lowenthal he gave a small sigh, "I thought it might have be..."

Before he could finish his sentence Calrex vanished beneath the ground as a trap door beneath him opened, "Geezes!"

Sliding down a long chute he fell own and landed in what appeared to be a large room, with vines growing on the sides of the walls, lit up by the faint light of torches.

Glancing around for a second he gave a small smirk, looking upwards, "Hey Lowe! Looks like we found one!"

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowenthal watched as Calrex plummeted into the earth. Lowenthal rushed forward and was relieved that Calrex was alright. "Yeah, looks like it." Lowenthal said, hopping down himself. Easy enough. "All it took was you fiddling with rocks." Lowenthal said,looking around the room. "Well, sure looks deserted. Except for the lit torches that is." lowenthal shrugged. That at least was the logic of video games. Ancient temple, lit torches and candles. "Well, where to?" lowenthal asked his cohort.

Looking left and right as he saw his teammate drop into the hole as well Calrex quickly scanned the room they had landed in, making sure that they didn't encounter any enemies inside. Giving a sigh of relief he gave a nod to Lowenthal, "Well, for now it seems this room is clear, but it doesn't look like we're getting out the way we came in, so only way to go is further in."

Turning to face the only doorway forward he pushed it open.

ID: 43731
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9 (Vengeful Riposte Activated)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion -1) = 11 (+2 Damage)
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 54 Remaining)

Right as he did a large hairy leg the size of a thick branch broke through the crack. Quickly leaping back the bluenette ripped the Grand Blade from its sheath, quickly activating <<Parry>> as he saw two sets of fangs come at him. They were the massive jaws of two giant tarantulas as they attempted to snap at the Ultramarine Knight. However, as they got into striking range Calrex's Grand Guard shield formed in front of him, meeting both pairs of fangs, stopping them as he slid back a good distance before stopping still.

"Sorry, the buffet is closed!"

Thrusting his arms upwards the two spider's heads were knocked upwards before he shifted his back leg forward, at the same time quickly spinning around as his <<Vengeful Riposte>> mod triggered, a powerful shockwave emitting from the Grand Blade, knocking the two spiders back far enough that they hit the wall behind them. As he swung he separated his shield into two parts, creating the opening for him to swing.

"Alright...that's the way they're gonna play...Lowe! Hold back a few more seconds so I can take the aggro. After that let them have it!"

HP List
(Hate: 1) Calrex: 302/304 (150+2 (2) DMG - 75 (2) MIT = 2 DMG)
   Energy: 54/56 (-2)
Lowenthal: 116/116
   Energy: 29/29

Enemies:
Chamber Tarantula 1: 112/150 (76 Vengeful Riposte - 38 MIT = 38 DMG)
Chamber Tarantula 2: 112/150 (76 Vengeful Riposte - 38 MIT = 38 DMG)
DMG: 150
MIT: 38

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal leapt back as the leg of a spider broke through the gap in the door. "Jesus Christ!" Lowenthal exclaimed, drawing his dagger. He noted their level, and quickly stood behind Calrex. "Damn, they're strong." Lowenthal said, standing behind Calrex still. Lowenthal could feel a literal sweat drop on his neck as Calrex let out that 'buffet' line. "You just have a lot of those, huh?" Lowenthal said. Good thing to see that Calrex could take a beating still. Lowenthal nodded at Calrex's plan. "Right, I'll take them out when I can." Lowenthal said, swinging his kunai on one finger.

HP List
(Hate: 1) Calrex: 302/304 
   Energy: 54/56 
Lowenthal: 116/116

Enemies:
Chamber Tarantula 1: 113/150 
Chamber Tarantula 2: 113/150 

ID: 43732
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Vengeful Riposte Activated)
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion -1) = 7
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 53 Remaining)

Hearing Lowenthal's comment Calrex felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "Heh, I should really tone it down on those huh. Maybe being the highest level player has made me a little overly cocky. I've really gotta watch that."

Seeing the two tarantulas recover and lash forward once again the bluenette quickly flipped the Grand Blade into a reverse grip as he quickly brought his arms in front of him, disappearing behind the shield of the Grand Guard once again. Triggering his <<Parry>> skill once more the tarantulas hit the defensive light blue barrier aura that formed around the shield before the Ultramarine Knight appeared behind, separating his shield into the two parts once again. With the built up energy from the <<Vengeful Riposte>> mod stored in his sword once again he unleashed the shockwave, knocking the creatures back into the walls once again.

"Alright, that should be enough for me to maintain the aggro. Go for it!"

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 300/304 (150 (2) DMG - 75 (2) MIT = 2 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 53/56 (-2+1)
Lowenthal: 116/116

Enemies:
Chamber Tarantula 1: 76/150 (75 Vengeful Riposte - 38 MIT = 37 DMG)
Chamber Tarantula 2: 76/150 (75 Vengeful Riposte - 38 MIT = 37 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Without speaking, Lowenthal dashed to the side. He reversed the grip on his new kunai, and dashed forward with it. The first spider, saw the attack coming. Apparently having eight eyes, helped it see surprise attacks coming. Who knew? The spider jumped out of the way, rather than attacking Lowenthal right out. Lowenthal continued with his momentum and it carried him into the other spider. Lowenthal tucked his body, and rolled over the spider, landing on his feet. Lowenthal prepared himself for another attack. And this time he would not miss. "Dammit. Hold still you eight legged freaks!" Lowenthal cursed, before looking at Cal. AS if to say, 'that's how a one liner is made'.

ID: 43797 BD: 2[miss] [Light Momentum activated +2 ACC till hit]

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 300/304
   Energy: 53/56 
   Energy: 27/29 [-2 Miss]

Enemies:
Chamber Tarantula 1: 76/150
Chamber Tarantula 2: 76/150

ID: 43804
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8 (Vengeful Riposte Activated)
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion -1) = 6
<<Parry>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 52 Remaining)

Calrex gave a laugh as he heard Lowenthal's comment and following expression, "Come on man, an old movie? Certainly matches though!"

Looking at the two spiders leapt at him once again the bluenette quickly spun his arms in a circular motion, the tower shield that is the Grand Guard reformed once again as the light blue aura surrounded it, symbolizing his <<Parry>> skill activated once again.

As the attacks slammed into his shield Calrex felt the energy transfer into his sword as he quickly separated his shield, spinning around and releasing the <<Vengeful Riposte>> shockwave, knocking the creatures back once again.

"Keep it up Lowe. These two should go down in the next couple strikes!"

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 298/304 (150 (2) DMG - 75 (2) MIT = 2 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 52/56 (-2+1)
   Energy: 27/29

Enemies:
Chamber Tarantula 1: 39/150 (75 Parry - 38 MIT = 37 DMG)
Chamber Tarantula 2: 39/150 (75 Parry - 38 MIT = 37 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal scoffed. "Of course!" Lowenthal said. "At least my line made sense!" Lowenthal then activated his rank five sword art, and began to spin. The damage he cause was enough to kill one of the spiders almost instantly. It turned into crystals, and awarded Lowenthal with a pretty nice amount of Col. "Well, that's one of the buggers done." Lowenthal said, smirking again.

ID: 43809 BD: 6[3+2LM+1Conc.] LD: 16

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 298/304
   Energy: 52/56 
   Energy: 15/29 [-16, +1]

Enemies:
Chamber Tarantula 1: 39/150 
Chamber Tarantula 2: 0/150 (112 dmg - 38 MIT = 74 DMG)

ID: 43941
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion -1) = 11 (+2 Damage)
Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 16 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Deadly Sins>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (7 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 46 Remaining)

Calrex gave a smirk as he heard Lowenthal's response, "Alright then, I'll leave the one-liners to you. Let's wrap this up!"

Looking forward he saw the one remaining giant tarantula rush forward. This time, instead of deflecting the attack the bluenette gave a calming breath, remaining still as the creature sunk its fangs into his shoulder armor. With a grin he quickly knocked the monster back before rushing forward with explosive force, unleashing <<Deadly Sins>> as the Grand Blade lit up with a dark purple glow. At the same time he also triggered <<Charge>> as the four dark blue diamond-shaped petals formed in front of his avatar like a gateway. Passing through he became a blur of speed before initiating the first piercing blow into the creature, followed by six consecutive stabs that formed the Big Dipper constellation.

Ending his attack he flicked his sword to the side before flipping it into reverse, resheathing it, "Okay, let's get a move on."

As he began walking forward the tarantula burst into crystals, the loot window appearing in front of the bluenette as he swiped it to the side.

Looking over at the now fully-opened doorway the Ultramarine Knight cautiously looked left and right before passing through the entryway, "How are you doing on energy so far?"

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 750 col (Mob HP 150 * 5 col = 750)

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 223/304 (150 DMG - 75 MIT = 75 DMG)
   Energy: 46/56 (-7+1)
   Energy: 15/29

Enemies:
Chamber Tarantula 1: -28/150 (10+2+3 DMG * 7 Art - 38 MIT = 67 DMG)
Chamber Tarantula 2: 0/150

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal responded. "Im at about half, but dont let that stop you." He said with a smirk. Now that the spiders were dead, the path foreward was clear. The door lead to a passage, which lead to a hallway, which split up to the left and right. "This place is like a maze. I hate mazes." Lowenthal said, rubbing the back of his head. He would follow Calrex, as to avoid being taken by surprise by another spider, or something worse. And who knew what kind of monsters awaited in the darkness. "So, other then mob killing. Whats the point here? Whats the goal?" Lowenthal asked allowed, leaning on the wall.

(2 Posts Remaining Until Full Recharge / 6 HP Recovered)

"Alright, well just let me know if you think we should stop and rest. I'd rather avoid getting ambushed when the both of us are low on energy. Those battles take forever to finish."

Looking at the fork in the path Calrex gave a calming breath, trying to think of their general location. "Hm...the waterfall of the sage was that way...but there's no hints so far of a preferred path. Even the torches and vines seem to be exact mirrors of each other."

With a small sigh he decided on the right path, figuring that if they went down and hit a dead end the two always had the option of turning back and going down the left hallway, "From what I remember from the information brokers, these dungeons tend to have a boss level monster at the end which we are supposed to eliminate. Once we do that the exit to the dungeon will appear and we can leave. From what I know these are supposedly just faster ways of gaining experience, with some col rewards as dungeon spoils. I don't think we're going to find any unique level items in here unfortunately."

HP List
(Hate: 2) Calrex: 229/304 (+6)
   Energy: 47/56 (+1)

(2 Posts Remaining Until Full Recharge)

"Yeah I could a small break." Lowenthal said, noting his energy meter. "Man, I need levels. That sword art takes way to much effort. But the damages." He said, making a face as he did. He held the kunai in his hand. It'd be better if he had more skills allocated, or maybe some skill mods. Maybe he was old fashioned, but he'd be able to get stronger someday. He was basically nothing compared to Calrex. Lowe was strong, but Calrex was basically a god in comparison. Lowenthal sighed. "Did we bother looking for treasure?" He said, forgetting that he could've been doing that the whole time.

(1 Posts Remaining Until Full Recharge / 6 HP Recovered)

"Alright, we'll go at a slow pace then until our energy replenishes. I have a feeling we won't be encountering any more enemies for the next few moments, which should be more than enough to fully recharge."

As the two continued down the long corridor it seemed the vines became less prominent on the walls, the lights also becoming more and more frequently affixed to the walls. It was as if the ruins were becoming less and less ruinous. "Yeah, the energy cost of powerful Sword Arts is certainly taxing. I've gotten lucky so far because my most powerful attacks only take up about a fifth of my energy, but with the high damage weapons like dagger, rapier, and katana I can see how it your reserves can be drained in such a short amount of time."

At the mention of treasure Calrex shook his head, "Actually no I haven't. Let's see..."

ID: 44678
Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 20 (Materials Found)

"Well, it looks like this might be useful."

Lodged into the right wall appeared to be some type of dark obsidian stone. It didn't take much to dislodge it from its resting place, but upon further inspection Calrex figured it might be useful for an artisan or blacksmith. With a swipe he added it to his inventory. "Anything else you can find?"

HP List
Calrex: 235/304 (+6)
   Energy: 48/56 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(1 Posts Remaining Until Full Recharge)

Lowenthal gave a small cough. "Cal, I can barely see in this dank, humid, slippery place. Let alone devote time to actually 'looking' for things." He said, trying to not fall down. Again Calrex showed him how out of the loop lowenthal was. Calrex was able to take on those two spiders, even by himself. Lowenthal was there just because he was. Lowenthal sheathed his dagger, still unimpressed with it's qualities. He'd need to pour points into it's attached unique sword arts tree to see if it was any good. But a unique was a unique.

(Energy Fully Recharged / 6 HP Recovered)

ID: 44714
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10

With a small sigh Calrex gave a nod as he dusted off his hands. Other than the dark stone he had found previously, there appeared to be no more items around that would be suitable for materials, "Yeah, it looks like we should be back to full strength in a few seconds any way. In any case, it looks like we're actually reaching the end of this hallway, so we'd best be prepared for any incoming creatures again."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets the Ultramarine Knight gave a quick glance back towards the path they had come from, confirming that there were no monsters spawning from behind before looking forward.

The corridor opened up into a simple square room that seemed in the same type of architecture as the passageway, going along with the ruined temple theme like something out of a lost civilization adventure, with runes, reliefs, and other wall designs populating the extent of the space.

HP List
Calrex: 241/304 (+6)
   Energy: 56/56 (+All)

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal looked up, snapping to attention. "Good, energy's recharged. With nothing around to screw us either. Happy days." Lowenthal said, redrawing his dagger. "Any signs of more of those eight legged bastards around?" Lowenthal asked, mentioning the spiders again. He wasn't afraid of them or anything. But when the spiders were almost as big as he and Calrex, he worried slightly. "What do you see?" Lowenthal asked, knowing that Calrex had better eyes then him.

"Hm...nothing so far. It looks like this is just a regular room without anything special other than the markings on the walls."

However, as the two entered into the room, this turned out to not be the case. Right as they were a few paces away from the entranceway a flash of light just big enough to fill the corridor's space materialized and produced a piece of the wall, blocking their exit. "Well...that's a thing..."

Scanning around the area it seemed the enter room seemed to light up the murals and designs on the wall, filling the room with an eerie glow. From the distance that Calrex and Lowenthal were standing, it was easy to discern that the lit up pieces appeared to be a part of a single unit. On the opposite wall a large teardrop-shaped rune detached from the wall, floating in the center of the room. As the pieces began to fly towards it it began to take shape, as if turning from a 2D object to a 3D one, composed of a mixture of beast-like fur and stone blocks. The guardian stood tall before grabbing a nearby pillar, ripping it from the ground for use as a weapon.

Drawing the Grand Blade Calrex gave a nod to Lowenthal, "Alright, looks like we found our next opponent."

ID: 44807
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion -1 / Disguise +1) = 0
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> / <<Charge>> Activated / <<Disguise>> Activated (9 Energy Used)

Immediately activating <<Charge>>, even with his weighted down armament from the Grand Guard, Calrex shot forward with explosive force, the Grand Blade at the ready. The blade began to glow with the dark purple energy of his <<Shadow Explosion>> Sword Art. Rapidly cutting into the colossus with the barrage of slashes he finished with a double down slash, quickly performing a quick 360 spin between each slash.

Stepping a back a couple of paces to take a defensive position in their two-man formation the Ultramarine Knight gave a nod to the Master of Shadows, "Go for it!"

Glancing forward he saw that the colossus was stunned, the <<Bull Rush>> mod he had taken having triggered on his attack, a smirk coming across his face, "Lowe should should be able it off with his next strike. From there we should be able to move to the next area."

HP List
Calrex: 241/304
   Energy: 47/56 (-9)

Enemies:
Chamber Colossus: 73/152 (10+3 DMG * 9 Art - 38 MIT = 79 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex

Lowenthal grinned. "Hoorah! About damn time!" Lowenthal said, leaping ahead. Calrex had already used a powerful sword art, on top of his charge skill. As well as stunning it. "Easy pickings!" Lowenthal said, his dagger at the ready. The monster was a shadow monster, something Lowenthal was all too familiar with. By the time it was able to take a vessel, and gain a form Calrex had already stunned the monster. Lowenthal lept over the bluenette, and activated 'Eternal Cyclone'. His dagger ripped into the rock as if it was made of butter. Four full rotations later, the monster turned into blue crystals. "Sheesh, if that's all that's here. This mystery boss is going to be a piece of cake." Lowenthal said, sounding bored. These monsters were just as easy as the boars on floor one.

ID: 44808
BD: 9 -crit-
LD: 16 [+1 Mat; +750Col]
Dmg: (7+1)16=128 / 128DMg-38Mit=90dmg

HP List
Calrex: 241/304
   Energy: 47/56 (-9)
   Energy: 13/29 -16

Enemies:
Chamber Colossus: -17/152 (dead)

(2 Posts Remaining Until Full Recharge / 6 HP Recovered)

As the colossus was defeated Calrex gave a smirk at Lowenthal's comment, "Yeah, let's just hope the game doesn't decide to screw us over and spawn some floor level boss. I wouldn't suspect it to, but these dungeons appear to be predictable, at least from what I can gather."

Swiping on his menu the bluenette contemplated changing out his mods and gear in order to be more damage based, but as he thought about it further he shook his head, dismissing the menu, "If I need to switch out I will, but it seems we're doing just fine for now."

With the creature eliminated the opposite hallway where the core rune had spawned opened up to reveal yet another corridor, this one in seemingly even better kept shape than the previous one, "It's like we're stepping back in time as we progress further inward. Odd."

"Well, better not waste our time hanging out in here. Let's keep moving."

HP List
Calrex: 247/304 (+6)
   Energy: 48/56 (+1)

Lowenthal spun his dagger, and sheathed it. "I'm hoping it does. Anything to alleviate the boredom." Lowenthal jested as he followed. He noticed that Calrex switched out his equipment for something that looked more dps. "Yeah I agree. It seems we're doing quite well. Just." Lowenthal said, frustrated. "How is this any different then farming boars on floor one? I mean, [censored] here dies in no more than two attacks." Lowenthal said, now noticing the sudden pristineness of the hallway. "Yeah, now that you mention it. Wonder why this part is untouched." Lowenthal said, eyeing the walls.

(2 posts till full recharge)
Hp: 116/166
Energy: 14/29 (+1)