[OP-F1]A Late Christmas - CLOSED, No New Entrants

As Barryt left his bed this morning, he remembered, that the message he got said, that there would be free gear today. As he look at his own beginner weapon and the lack of further gear he decides to go and look if this was real.
As he arrived the teleportation plaza Barryt saw, that there was now one he would see as a smith. Instead there was a white haired boy he had seen once before at the day he learned how to fight. Besides him there was a red haired girl. Omg, a girl, I hope she isn't this Mack, but no, why should she call herself Mack. He thought while going towards them.

Uhm... h-have you seen a smith around? Barryt asked quite nervous, as he was talking to Sinful and a girl.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Alright, as near as I can tell... Dynaon, Turir, Furia, and Magda are still on the 1st Floor. Everyone else is on 4 with Mack. Time for presents. Mack will hand out presents based on post order... so whoever posts next will receive first and so on and so forth.

Mack watched as one by one the low level players appeared in the teleportation plaza. Some of them with considerably more grace than others. Once everyone was on their feet once more, Mack crossed his bare arms over his chest. The cold of the floor didn't bother him one bit. "Alright, everyone, fall in and we're heading for the forge. Don't feed the bear," he reiterated, slipping past the group and beginning to make his way towards the forge. "And under no circumstances should you move beyond the boundaries of Snowfrost. To do so is to risk death, none of you can kill the monsters on this floor." Mack led through through the small town until they reached the tent confines of his shop. "Everyone in, it's going to be crowded."

Once Hydra had recollected himself he stumbled after the Ginger man. He had picked up on the dangers of leaving town and had no intention to go against Mack's guidance so stuck close. As the group walked he couldn't help but take in the beauty of his surroundings. Snow here, snow there it truly was a peaceful spot. Hydra contemplated what his favorite floor was so far. Deciding he hadn't been to that many it would be to biased to pick at that moment. "Ah maybe another time he said" letting out a breath of air, watching the vapor slowly disperse in the cold. Eventually the group halted outside what Hydra assumed was the Ginger players shop, hearing the word 'crowded' made the spearman's face screw up. He didn't like pushing to go first but if it was to avoid being trapped in a confined space with a horde of other players he would happily accept that small feeling of guilt. The spearman stepped forward quickly, but waited in front of the red haired player.

Edited by Hydra

Having spent the time waiting for the rest of the group to show up, Nikodemus ran around the teleportation gate with arms splayed squealing in the snow. Rolling around here and there, making snow angels, and just being quite impish in general. Hearing Mack's deep booming voice, Nikodemus stopped in his tracks and shuffled over the large man. Nodding at his instructions and mouthing the words "Don't feed the Bear" to himself, he then followed Mack to the Forge.

"WOW! This is your forge?! I have, er had, a forge in the real world. Nothing as magnificent. Just a simple shop in a back garage." Nikodemus spoke with wonder in his voice. "Such wonderful tools!" Stopping with Mack and noticing Hydra along with them, Nikodemus waived sheepishly.

Sinful was abruptly teleported to Snowfrost, the santa claus Mack was handing out presents that were weapons. Immediately, he was chilled to the bone shivering wildly. "O-O-Oh m-m-my g-god! I-It's s-s-so c-c-c-cold!" His rags were the least suitable clothes items to wear on a floor like this; this is probably why everybody feels pity for him. "N-N-N-Need w-warmer c-c-c-clothes!" Of course, heavy metal armor would not help him since it's made of metal, and metal gets really cold in the winter. He was no Eskimo, those guys have fur for skin and Sinful obviously didn't have big patches of brown fur for skin.

The red haired woman motioned for Dynaon and Furia to get closer in preparation for the next group she'd send along her way. Idly she pondered if Mack intended for her to accompany them or simply wait here to send them up. She reasoned that since he said "send them on their way" and she was just about to instruct them on what to do when she heard one of them speak. He must have just arrived as when she looked down at him he didn't immediately recognize him from the original gathering. She had a grin plastered on her face as she tried to calm herself and not get too eager in handling this task. "Oh you just missed him actually." Her smile shifted slightly into a frown but as he stepped aside she motioned for the teleporter. "Just simply stand on that and say 'Teleport Snowfrost'." She ushered the three of them along to the teleporter. "Just stay together and nothing bad should happen. Don't leave the borders of the town there of course. Just head through the town passed the cottages and you will see a big tent there. That'll be the forge." She nodded slightly as she congratulated herself for a job well done. Though she pointed her finger down at all three of them. "Just remember. Don't leave the safety zone." Just as she was about to turn away and look for any new prospects she stopped and apparently started to consider something. One of her fingers was pressed to her lips and the expression that danced in her eyes was a mischievous one. "Oh and I hope you wore layers today."

While Barryt stepped on the teleporter and said Teleport Snowfrost he was wondering, what the Magdas last words could mean.
He immediately knew what they meant as he got teleported into this field of ice and snow and cold.
I hope the Items are worth this, I-iits so cold.  Barryt started walking towards the tent Magda told him about. There were a few players gathered and one of them really big with red hair.
I...I'm Barryt, y-you wouldn't be Mack?
I'm l-looking for some I-Items.

Having seen that she had had a notification for days now, Allania tried to figure out what it actually meant. Opening her menu and scrolling through it, seeing that she actually had a message from a player called Mack. Noting that it said there was free equipment for those lower than level 10, Allania was skeptical. Rarely did people give away things for free. But regardless, looking down at her dagger, the one she had spawned in this world with, she thought that she really could use an upgrade, she could barely damage a basic Boar. Closing her menu and heading towards the centre of Town in search of what this was about. What she saw by the Town teleporter was someone teleporting away, and a red haired woman.  "Erm... would you happen to know anything about this Blacksmith by the name of Mack, and what he was meaning by this", Allania asked as she walked towards the woman, opening her menu to show the woman the message.

Hunie bit her lip in attempt to stop it from trembling. Soon her body followed, lightly shivering as she followed the crowd up to the shop. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but the imagery around her was enough to trick her mind into believing she was going to freeze to death. The forger relayed a few more rules and repeated some that he had already mentioned before the teleportation. Don't feed the bear? Hunie repeated the question in her head. He hadn't mentioned the outcome that would follow if someone did attempt such a thing, but Hunie wasn't stupid enough to try and she sincerely hoped no one else in the group was either. If someone did, two things would happen, one the fallout of their stupidity may get them into a big mess and two, it would then fall on the group and probably the forger to get him out of the mess. No humane person could sit and just watch as a player died... Or something.

Hunie recalled that there were idiots in this game who killed other players just for sport, despite having knowledge of Kayaba's twisted rules. But this group seemed sensible, Mack was nice enough to hand out free items to help people after all. He certainly wouldn't sit by idly and watch someone die, it'd be an unfair punishment just for stupid attention seeking rebellion. So the second point was still valid, if it fell on the group to save the guy, she'd have to withstand this infernal cold for longer... 

Trying to distract herself, she scanned the group and noticed Hydra as a familiar face and waved to him as they continued making their way up to the forgery. Soon the group reached the shop and Hunie eagerly waited for her free goodies. 

Edited by Hunie

OOC: HERE COMES THE BEAR!

The sound of so many pairs of feet and voices approaching the forge was not lost on Chewie. His rounded and brown tufted ears twitched. So many new voices. So many people that didn't know him and, more importantly, that he didn't know. So many new opportunities to feast. TODAY HE WOULD FEAST! BREAD! FISH! MEAT! BERRIES! THE BLOOD OF HIS ENEMIES! So, perhaps not that last one. But, all the other options were completely valid. With an enormous battle cry for so small a grizzly bear cub, Chewie announced his presence and went tearing out of the tent flaps and into the streets. There were new people everywhere. 'MASTER HAS BROUGHT ME A SMORGASBORD!' the bear thought to himself. He ran from one to the next to another of the low leveled players. Finally, he spotted a likely target and tore off in the direction of Hunie, for once bringing himself to a stop before slamming into his first of many intended begging targets, even if he did throw up a geyser of snow in the process. Rising up on his hind paws, which put his nose at the blonde's thigh, he raised his left paw and began swatting Hunie's hip while he opened his mouth and pointed one of the claws on his right fore paw down his throat.

"That bear, don't feed that bear," Mack rumbled, even as Chewie stopped pointing one claw down his throat and held both fore paws up in Hunie's direction, indicating that she should pick him up. From a higher vantage point he'd be able to better see all of the potential snack givers. There would be food, the grizzly was certain of that fact. Meanwhile, the ginger man had pulled open the tent flap to the forge. "Head on in, we'll begin with you," Mack said, pointing a finger at Hydra. "Crazy person, you're second," the finger moved over to Nikodemus. "Then the hobo," the finger was directed at Sinful. "Then you, I see you have a trendy beard, like mine," the finger was leveled at Barryt. "Then the blonde," Mack concluded, pointing at Hunie. "The rest of you, form an orderly line and wait your turn. I'll do what I can." With that sorted, he turned back to the first five players he had indicated.

"Alright, then... Kid, Psycho, Hobo, Beardy, and Blondie, I need to know exactly what you need. I have shields, heavy armor, and weapons. If you want light armor, you'll need a tailor and I would suggest you find Lowenthal's shop. He's a good tailor. If you don't like your nicknames, then I need to know actual names. So, less time wasting and more gearing up. Who needs what," Mack rumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

This was the bear? Hunie looked down at the little creature swatting her legs and motioning her to feed him. Upon being chastised a little by his master Mack, he stopped asking for food and instead spread his arm and gave her an intense look. "Oh lord! Someone look at this thing!" She said more to herself than anyone else as she bent down to ruffle its head and unable to resist the temptation, she swooped down to pick him up in one difficult motion. The cub was as heavy as she had imagined, but it was totally worth it. "He gives a whole new meaning to bear hugs! Don't you?" She added crooning at it. Hunie scanned the room for other people with the same hair color as hers, upon finding none she understood when he said blondie he was referring to her. The girl slowly ambled towards the line, stumbling a little with the extra weight she carried... Once closer to the forger and amongst a thinner crowd she called out to him. "Can I please please feed it? Will I still get my 2 handed straight sword and heavy armour?" she asked.  She had heard that bears liked honey and the blonde carried a tiny vat of it... 

Edited by Hunie

When yet another player approached her and inquired about Mack she couldn't help but smile. Seems her brother was proving to be quite helpful to all the lower level players. A fact that was quite self satisfying in a number of ways. As Allania approached Magda's gaze fell down towards her hands and simply nodded. "Yes I know the big oaf. You could say I know him quite well actually." Despite the fact that she called Mack tall she actually had to bend down slightly considering she stood a little over 1.9 meters with Mack standing just a little taller than she was. Her crimson hair cascaded around her face as she leaned over so she had to brush some of it back behind her ear on more than on occasion. "Just stand on there," she said as she motioned towards the teleport pad. "Say 'Teleport Snowfrost' and be careful to keep your balance on the other side. And you may wan to put on a jacket. Oh and don't leave the safe zone. Just head into the city and eventually you'll come to a big tent. You should be able to recognize it easy enough." Unless she had anymore questions Magda would simply wave her one and turn around for the next person to wander along. No matter what Allania did, Magda had a sneaking suspicion she forgot to mention something.

Edited by Magda

I-it's Barryt. I...I don't know the game mechanics well, just started adventurig a few days ago. So a-are there any drawbacks with heavy armor?
And it w-would be great if you had a shield and maybe a better sword than mine.
 Barryt said, a little uncomfortable with the situation.

Hearing the blond girl asking about feeding the bear Barryt thought: Is she crazy? I see it's just a small pub, but Mack said not to feed it, and he is big and strong.

Hydra had been waved at twice on the way over, one by a girl he swear he saw in one of his daydreams he had tried to rescue from a Pker, the other by someone he had never met before. "Maybe he has mistaken me for someone else?" The spearman waved back at both the players none the less with the usual friendly smile on his face. Mack's familiar had suddenly come bursting out from nowhere "A bear?!" After several moments of searching it seemed to be targeting Hunie for something. Feeling his own familiar shuffle in his pocket he casually began to whistle and decided to go ahead into Mack's tent, he was sure she would be fine. Turning to Mack the spearman bowed in gratitude for what he was doing "Thank you once again, my name is Hydra on that matter". Having said that he proceeded in.

OOC: Barryt, your stuff is in approval right now.

Mack turned around once he had moved behind one of the several heavy oaken display tables in his shop and surveyed the first batch of players. Naturally, Chewie had already made new friends with a girl. The bear had even managed to one up himself over his usual antics, as the blonde was carrying him. For his part, Chewie's rounded ears perked up immediately at one of the many most magical and happy of words, 'feed'. Mack sighed. He'd known this was going to happen. By the time everyone got through the line Chewie was going to be roughly the size of Queen Elizabeth II, the ship not the monarch. "Feed him if you must," Mack responded as Chewie flung his paws around the girl's neck and then bawled for food. Once the pair of them were done interacting, he considered the blonde for a moment. A two handed sword and heavy armor, that would prove easy enough.

"Here," Mack rumbled, moving along behind the tables and stopping after a moment to pick up a glittering two-handed sword with a forged steel blade and a brilliant sapphire set into the leather wrapped golden hilt's crosspiece. "This is Starstrike, it will boost your damage output by one point and inflict bleeding damage when you land critical hits," the ginger headed smith passed the weapon over to Hunie and moved further down the tables, stopping at a set of heavy armor that included a breastplate and ankle length titanium plated battleskirt. "Try this too, Starfall. It will boost your ability to mitigate damage and inflict thorns damage on whatever hits you, as long as they don't land a crit. If you want something more bosomy or that shows more leg, Blondie, I suggest you find a more perverted blacksmith. Lots of them are, apparently, into that sort of thing." Without any further ado, Mack moved on to the next low-level player.

"Barryt," Mack said, acknowledging Beardy's proper name. "Heavy armor is more dependent on stopping damage and light armor generally has better buffs to help you avoid being hit in the first place," Mack rumbled, answering the bearded man's question. "I need to smith a few items for you. Grab a seat in the corner and decide if you want heavy armor or not. I've got a weapon and shield for you, though."

"As for you, Hydra," Mack continued, moving on to the next low-level player. "I have a spear that should work for you. Here, try this one," the gigantic man said, moving to a different table and wrapping his hands around a short spear with a broad head of burnished and polished bronze. "Lightning Strike," Mack rumbled, passing the weapon over to Hydra. "No shield or armor for you?"

Looking up at the tall woman towering over her even though she was bending over, her crimson hair framing her face, Allania nodded somewhat shyly, "Thank you ma'am" she said quietly. Looking towards where the woman had pointed Allania recognised it as the teleporting pad, she had only used it once before to go visit a certain diner on the fourth floor. Walking over towards the teleporting pad, standing on it and waving happily at the person who had helped guide her, before saying the words that would teleport her. "Teleport Snowfrost" she spoke clearly, being quickly whisked away, Allania arrived on the teleporting pad on the other side, unstable on her feet but not quite falling over, hopping forward a few times before regaining a sure footing. It was then that the cold of the place actually settled in. It was blisteringly cold. Freezing. And all Allania had to wear was her simple dress that worked well on the relatively warm floors below. Hands on her arms, back to the chilling wind, Allania trudged through the snow into the city, in the direction she was told by the crimson haired woman.

Th-thank you Mack for telling me the differences between the two types of armor. I will take the heavy one, it'll defend me, as I never was the quickest one. Barryt thought, while looking at the nice weapon and armor Mack gave to the blonde haired girl. I-i think I'll take heavy armor, if you have some for m-me.

Y-you seem to be quite strong. Do you have some tips for low levels like me? Barryt asked, with a nervous voice.
I had to ask, how would I else learn anything. I hope the girl won't register me.

Hydra looked at the spear in amazement, he said slowly after Mack had handed him the weapon, "Light.a.ning strike... I like it!" His tone perked up. Turning towards Mack the spearman bowed in hope to show his gratitude once more. The spear felt excellent to the grip, he gave it a couple of thrusts with his left arm before spinning it around slowly and carefully. The burnished bronze seemed to reflect the light as he moved the weapon about. Once he was done giving it a quick test he turned back to the blacksmith and answered his question, "Hmm I considered heavy armor but my small stature would reduce my mobility, which I have always favored over absorbing hits, thank you for asking though. I'll certainly be able to get my rank up quicker with this weapon however". Hydra continued doing practice thrusts quickly forgetting about the shoddy piece of metal he had been using since day 1.

Nearly a week ago, Sam had gotten an odd PM in from some random player she'd never even heard of. And it wasn't just her apparently. Every player she'd spoken to had received the same message. The Starting City was in a tizzy over it. For days there were debates about whether it was a trap or not. There had been murmurs of players disappearing, not dying, just vanishing and nobody able to locate them. But then word began to circulate that the person who sent the PM was actually an accomplished blacksmith who actually fought on the front lines. That was the sort of player one could usually trust. His generosity was surprising and somewhat inspiring, touching Samriel on a personal level.

She wasn't sure if she'd actually go though. It was doubtless that dozens of players would be leaping at the opportunity for free weapons and armor, and who was she to take them in their place? The blonde wasn't particularly ambitious, she had been content to meander in the Town of Beginnings for months after her guild had broken up due to the death of their leader. But perhaps now was the time to get back out there and fighting. Obviously not on the front lines, but it would be nice to level up some more. She didn't feel like it, but she was definitely still one of the lowest leveled players in the game left.

Upon arriving at the meeting place at the designated date and time, Samriel paused in front of a building as she surveyed the scene. There were countless players gathered around a monster of a man. It was hard to believe they made them that big. And in that color scheme. Though she rationalized that there was still the possibility that that wasn't his real hair color. She strolled around the edge of the courtyard, watching as he spoke to the under-leveled and in some cases, young, players before inviting them back to his shop after numerous reassurances that it was in a safe zone. He seemed nice enough. But after he left, she realized that she had missed her opportunity. Oh well. Sitting at a bench and trying to decide what to do with her day now, the blonde woman then realized that there was still one player left that stuck sorely out. She was nearly a copy of the generous blacksmith, right down to the towering stature. A relative? That was hard to imagine but not impossible obviously...

Watching for a moment longer, Samriel saw a small group of more players approach the statuesque redhead before she spoke with them and then they departed through the teleporter as well. "Hmm..." Making up her mind, Sam stood and walked straight towards Magda before stopping a few feet from her. "Hello there. Would I be speaking to the right person if I wanted to ask about that PM concerning free gear?"

Magda's gaze fell upon her before she stopped only a few feet away and inquired about the PM Mack had sent out. Silently she pondered just how many people he'd sent that too and was a little impressed with how far he was taking this. This one though showed at least some courage and didn't seem too intimidated despite Magda's towering stature. That brought a slight grin to the woman's face as she nodded. Magda liked those who demonstrated courage after all. "In fact you are. My brother is the smith. I'm just here to direct any late comers and send them on the right path. Just stand over there and say Teleport Snowfrost and you'll be sent to the fourth floor. Be sure to wear a coat though as its a bit cold." There was a pained look on her face as she thought about just how cold that floor was.

Now wasn't the time for such thoughts though so she simply cast it aside and focused upon the blonde haired woman again. "Don't wander outside of the safe zone. If you head through the city you'll eventually come upon a tent set up near the city outskirts. It's the Wanderer's Forge. That's the place you'll want to seek out. If you accidentally step outside of the safe zone jump back in immediately." Mack would never forgive her if one of these players went and got themselves killed either. In fact she probably wouldn't forgive herself either. "I just sent another through a moment ago. Small girl light blonde hair. If you see her link up with her and seek out the forge." Magda motioned towards the teleporter and offered her one last smile before her gaze shifted to see if there was anyone else seeking free gear.