Combat Skill: Evocation

Combat Skill: Evocation  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have the skill Innovation

• Yes I want this to be able to invest into this skill.
    • No... I think this is a terrible Idea and breaks the game.
  2. 2. Should Evocation (If Added) be easier to trigger?

• Should Evocation trigger on a 6+
    • Should Evocation trigger on an 8+
    • Should Evocation trigger on a 10+

I have noticed largely that a lot of people complain about the lack of energy recovery possible to be had. We have the item enhancements that improve our energy regeneration by a small amount... Yet still we have people complaining about it.

I would like to use an example for why it is beneficial to have the skill available to the populace:
We have Battle Healing, which heals you when you achieve a high enough Craft Die roll... We also have Regeneration that does the same thing synergizing with it, so people who run a health recovery build have a synergized build.

But the enhancement for energy recovery is so widely underused because it doesn't synergize well, while at the same time taking away from a slot that could be used for probably better purposes. And one of the few ways to be able to beat a tank is through prolonged combat, if their defenses are high enough they can waste your energy and poke you to death without much rebuttal.

So I propose the Combat Skill called Innovation.

Evocation

5 Ranks

Passive

Effect: Recover (1 * X) energy on natural CD rolls of 10+ (X=Rank Level)

Description: Recover a small amount of energy to bolster your chances in midst of combat.

Edited by Ssendom

I like the idea, a lot, in theory especially with my build and combat style but making it function only on a CD roll of 10+ makes it practically worthless, in my opinion. Those big rolls don't come up nearly often enough, so if we assume that the roller generates one of those three numbers 25% of the time, then it's not much help. I propose, instead, we dial it back to a CD of 8+ which, if the roller gives even distribution of numbers (which we know it doesn't) then gives the holder of the skill a 33% chance of getting a high enough number to use the skill. I propose a similar change for the Recovery Enhancement. Just my two cents.

Unfortunately Mack, we have to keep it in line with the Combat Skill: Battle Healing. And also this can increase the amount of energy you recover (If we include item enhancement as well) As an impressive amount of 8. If we buff that, then we also have to improve the strength of Battle Healing which grossly overpowers it. This keeps it at a reasonable level while also giving us a shot at something worth the SP investment. Keep it at 10+ to stay in line with Battle Healing, change one thing... Or change 10 because of 1... it's practical and fair. And it's suppose to be a chance at happening, not a guarantee.

I dunno, it might be fair if the CD requirement was dropped. The game is balanced in favour of tanks and heavy armour, example being that heavy armour's regen enhancement only requires a CD of 6 whereas the recovery skill requires 10. The regen enhancement activates 50% of the time compared to Battle Healing's 16%, and heals for a slot maximum of 27, or 54 at tier 2. Battle healing also costs 50 SP to get to its maximum efficiency of healing for 20% of maximum health. In order for battle healing to heal the same as 3 slots of Tier 2 regen the player would have to be level 68, which means they'd have to have 341 SP.

Anyway, my point is that HP regen, which is recovery's opposite, has options that are vastly superior to the battle healing skill. I don't think it'd be unbalanced to lower the CD roll for energy replenishment, simply because it would be offering that same kind of efficiency, only from a different medium.

^ I would have to agree a lot Takao. I think honestly they should all be regulated at a 8+ CD or higher no matter what, triggerable by Combat Craft Die. So it brings more usefulness to that enhancement as well. I see a nerf to HP regen on equipment to be balanced out with Battle Healing and recovery in the near future. (Also I think that Recovery should be able to tier up, bringing more usefulness to that type build strategy. Which would also provide more business for blacksmiths so they can get more work to do, but I think that should be another topic all together) Hint Hint

I think that Regen should be a weaker form of Rank 5 Battle Healing. There should be some rework done on the Enhancement Guide (Wish I were still PST to work on this).

I would also have to argue that in theory, by the time a player was level 68, they would have access to tier 3 equipment if the floor number permitted (cal doesn't count). So Regen would be healing for 81. For the sake of doing math because I like it, battle healing would require a player to be level 100, or have 661 SP, to compete.

I also think that Holy Blessing should require a CD roll to activate, or restore health at a lesser rate than Regen if it's always a 100% guarantee, but I doubt that'll get any balancing, considering.

Edited by Takao

Spoiler

Speaking about balance...thorn + parry mode skill?

About the discussion, right now energy regan is not worth it, but giving more passive energy sound boring in my opinion.

I personally think that energy should be gained by hitting someone else (on CD 6+?), that will also give more reason to attack and use accuracy and will make the energy system more unique.

P.S. thank you takao, you made me realize that I should drop my light armour and switch to healing + mit + thorn. Than parry mood and block gg

You are right, but if we didn't had thorn in the game it would be somehow ok. With 4 evasion (3 +1 skill) you need to put at least 2 points at accuracy. They are point that you won't put on something else.

Also no one put accuracy on regular basis because when you are fighting someone with thorn you counter yourself a bit. I really hoping to see more aggressive strength for the guys that will choose light armour in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...