[PP - F11] Sixteenth Floor Raid Meeting

The raid meeting seemed... Intimidating to say the least. He had been waiting outside the tavern to contemplate whether showing up was actually a good idea or not. While it was true he was nearing a level at which he'd probably be able to survive the fights, it wasn't like there was any rush to join up. "Well... Here goes nothing." Seul would mumble as he made his way inside. The room was full, but it didn't look like the actual meeting part of the gathering had started yet. Glancing around the room revealed mostly strangers, though it was comforting to see there were a few familiar faces in attendance at least... Despite not actually remembering many of their names. Thankfully though the two Macs of his guild were also among the crowd. They would probably be surprised to see him considering the spontaneous nature of his appearance, but it wasn't like just showing up to the meeting would change anything. "Guess I'd better say hi." He'd say while equipping the crimson cloak and amulet he had received during a recent quest. Without any further hesitation he pulled up a chair of his own from one of the other tables and took a seat with the pair. "Hey guys."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Placing his hand on the door handle of the pub, Lawfer pulled the door open. Letting a light breeze of air into into the establishment as he walked in. He had recognized most of the attendees minus a few that he hadn't had the pleasure of questing with before. Raising his hand, he first waved at Takao. The man had been a crucial part of his his leveling as of late, so the blonde spearman couldn't help but acknowledge him. His attention was then drawn to the white haired woman Opal, before he purposely averted his attention. Making his way to the bar, he nodded at the bartender. "I'll have whatever your strongest brew is,in the largest possible container." He commented as he raised his hands and transferred the appropriate amount of col. Reaching out, he grasped the large glass and smiled. "Thanks." He commented as he turned and looked for a free seat. 

This would be the first time that he took part in a boss raid, so the dragoon was a bit ecstatic about that fact. Scanning the room for a free seat, he noticed a vacant chair next to Calrex. Making his way over he gave a nod to his fellow KoB members that were in attendance before plopping down next to the Aquamarine Knight. "Hey Cal, whats going on big guy?" He asked before bringing the over-sized glass to his lips and took a large pull. "So is there normally this much tension before a boss raid?" He asked with a bit of a smirk, as he took another drink.

Listening on the discussions taking place, as well as observing the looks on peoples faces when they did turn in his direction, Calrex gave a small sigh to himself before he heard his name get spoken, looking to see that it was a comrade whom he had been helping alongside Takao, Lawfer. Giving a calm smirk the bluenette gave a nod, "Nothing much, although I'm not sure if this tension is exactly commonplace now or not, heh."

He could feel a bead of sweat form on the side of his head from the comment, as from what he knew that seemed to actually be true, although he did feel that it shouldn't be. Yes, it was to be expected there would be a clash of opinions of such, but it seemed to be closer to a group of children trying to play war, with a few adults looking over and making sure they play nice. Getting to his feet, "That drink looks like a good idea, I'll probably go grab one as well."

Heading over to the bar he gave a casual wave to the bartender before requesting the same drink that Lawfer had ordered. As the almost comedically large tankard was slid over to him the Ultramarine Knight picked up the container and walked back over to his seat, "In any case I'm guessing this is your first time to one of these. Let me know if you've got any questions about what's going on and I can try to fill you in with what I know."

With Limbo, the Fifteenth Floor Boss, dead and gone, it was time for the frontliners of SAO to begin planning for their attack on the next floor. Hopefully, they would be able to get back into the swing of clearing Floors a week or two apart. He did not want to have to stay in this game for another two years and risk his life. With his hands in his pockets, and a small brown owl on his shoulder, the Irishman walked into the pub.

From the looks of it, the meeting had not started yet, since there was quite a lack of participants as well. On top of that, everyone had different emotions plastered on their faces, due to the elephant in the room. Opal sat in on the meeting as if nothing had happened at the last raid. He let out a heavy sigh as he made his way over to where Zandra sat. A lot of people looked worried about her presence, or angered. However, there was nothing stating that she could not be here.. Her kill kept her green. Even then, Ssendom and other marked player killers had attended boss battles. He wondered if the woman was planning anything for only a second, before shrugging it off. There were enough people worrying about her presence who would keep an eye on her. Jomei figured he would keep that out of his mind.

As he sat next to the noirette, he placed his arm on the back of her chair, one hand resting on her opposite shoulder. He shone her a quick smile before leaning in towards her ear and speaking softly, "Did I miss anything?" 

Khrysaor was relaxing watching the clouds roll by on the first floor, when a message came throught to all the players on Aicrad. He looked at it and thought, 'Hmm, there is going to be a meeting discussing the boss raid for the 16th floor boss, and anybody is invited no matter the players level. Well, that should be interesting, and a great learning experience. I think I will go, and get information on how boss raids are done and preparations for it.' Khrysaor got up and went to the teleportation gates to travel to the 11th floor where the meeting is supposed to take place. Once to the gates he said, "Teleport-Floor 11, Taft" and got out onto the floor. Since, this was his first time on the floor, he looked around curiously and was amazed at the sites. Looked quite different from the lower floors and Khrysaor could see a beautiful cathedral in the distance.

Khrysaor noticed the time and thought that he better hurry otherwise he would be late for the meeting. He could always look around town when he was free afterwards. Khrysaor went in search for the tavern that was going to hold the raid meeting. When he arrived at the tavern he opened the door, and saw that many people have already arrived. Khrysaor looked around for any familiar faces amongst the crowd of players and saw two he recognized. He made a beeline for them, trying to make and hoping not many people took notice of him. He wanted to be as inconspicuous as he could be at the raid meeting and not wanting the attention. When he reached the players he was familiar with he said, "Hey, Niko, Rain. How are you guys doing? I wanted to see how a raid meeting was held. I would really  like to be in a actual raid someday, and help the front liners out." Khrysaor took a seat and did the same thing as Nikodemus and took out some writing material to jot notes down about how a boss fight takes place.

Sitting with his large ornate helmet upon the table before him, Nikodemus was taking notes when a young man he knew entered the tavern. Recognizing the man, Nikodemus nodded in salutation. "Yes. I think the majority of us have the same wish Master Khrysaor. I am here to offer my blacksmithing services to any and all participants in this raid, and anyone else who may need or want items." Returning to his notes, he wondered how many people would be fighting in this raid. With a slight turn of his head, he recounted the people inside the tavern and cross checked it with his notes to make sure no one slipped past his notice.

Avilon wandered about often but today she was particularly intrigued as she seemed to have stumbled upon a larger group of warrior dressed in her gear as she now approached peeking in and hopping behind the Neko-pan-chan. "Hiyo what have I been missing, also it's good to see you again I didn't expect to keep running into you everywhere I have gone." She laughed patting her hand against his back now letting a loud thud of her shield digging into the ground acting as a cross for those who wished to pray as she giggled and looked over waiving to Takao again, "Now I really want to eat tacos every time I see that man." She frown as her belly began to grumbled. "Maybe I should go become a chef so I can keep cooking myself yummy  foods." 

Hearing Avilon's voice and feeling her hand patting his back, Nikodemus smiled and looked over his shoulder at her. his wire rimmed glasses caught the light slightly and allowed his icy blue eyes to shine with an inner fire of their own. "Well, normally I would not be caught so far from my shop, nor this high up on floor 11... I rarely go higher than floor 7. My mind normally cannot handle it and I go quite insane. Thankfully I have been able to keep myself together. I am no danger to anyone who is not a danger to me or those under my care, whether sane or not. But I wish to help the front liners with this raid, so here I am. And how about you? coming to see how a raid meeting goes?"

Nikodemus looked acrossed the room and saw many people he knew were only there to experience a raid meeting. Very few of them would meet the level requirements that Mack and the other front liners posed since the death of Cora during the floor 14 raid. Now Nikodemus was worried that with new mini-bosses spawning back on lower floors, the cardinal system had rewrote itself to attempt to stop the progress. He hoped he was wrong.

The pink haired shield maiden now giggled as she had gotten stronger since there last meeting and was quite proud of herself as she leaned against her shield and peered over toward him. "I must admit this gear has done me a lot of good although. Most of the dungeon raids that have happened were basically me watching other people fight them." She laughed admitting that she really hadn't used her new gear all that much but was none the less grateful for her appealing new fashion sense as she was quite adorable even dressed in her new tanky armor and holding her crucifix shield as she glanced back toward the people in charge and nodded. "So this is where one starts to sign up for becoming a front-liner I suppose?" She spoke now wondering if she would be useful. 

"Yup. anyone who is over level 25 and capable of using Tier 2 weapons and armor can sign up during meetings such as this to participate in a raid. So far, Takao has all the info on the boss, and Master Mack may be leading the raid once again since the last fight ended with no deaths caused by the Boss, Limbo. Big nasty spider from what I hear. No idea about this new one though. Soon as the guild leaders are here and the last few random front liners wander in, Tak will probably begin. It is asked of any craftsman to help if possible. Hence my presence. I cannot fight on the front lines yet, but I can make armor and weapons, and also donate some Col or even a few quest drops if needed."

With a sigh, the large man stretched his body, his armor making strange creaks and groans as he does. His helmet remained on the table, it's beak like face plate and evil looking visor staring off in space. Using his middle finger to push his wire rimmed glasses up the bridge of his nose, Nikodemus smiled at Avilon. "So, the armor hasn't been broken in much? Later we can go kill a giant <<Sand Shark>> or a big snow cone named <<Avalance>>. I could use the drops, and you can get some SP."

Word had circulated, even down through the low level players, that the Boss Raid Meeting for the sixteenth floor was going to be held at a pub on the eleventh floor in Taft. While Yamato had no intention, whatsoever, of taking part in the raid the blonde Irishman was plenty smart enough to know that this was a potential learning experience that should not be passed up. Having made his way up to the eleventh floor using the teleporter in the Town of Beginnings, Yamato made his way through Taft to the designated pub which had been marked on everyone's map for just this purpose. While the establishment wouldn't be nearly large enough to hold all of the players in Aincrad should they all show up the odds of that happening were slim and none.

Pushing open the door, the blonde man peered around the semi-crowded establishment before making his way over to the bar and ordering one of the comically large tankards of good stout beer. Taking a hesitant sip the Irishman grunted. The taste was, at least, a reasonable approximation of Guinness from his own home country. Even though it clearly wasn't the world famous stout beer. With his hands wrapped around the mug the Irishman slipped through the crowd and settled himself into one of the seats at the very back of the gathering, slipping in opposite of woman (Opal) whose armor left very little to the imagination. About the only thing she didn't have hanging out was the kitchen sink.

Oh well, to each their own. No doubt she got plenty of free stuff from the male players, not that she'd be getting a thing from him. Quietly, the axe man sipped at the beer in his hands and waited for the meeting to start. Since he expected to say very little there was no point in him taking up a valuable seat closer to the front of the gathering.

Avilon nodded over to Neko before happily agreeing to his little proposition, "That would be fun Neko-chan." Punctuating the acceptance with her stereotypical giggle. Truth be told Avilon was always in search of more companion to run through missions with after all she was still to weak to join this raiding team sadly enough. Her eyes scanning the room as she spied numerous people she had recognized now from the various hunts and runs she had partaken in. Waving frantically like a child over to Yamato and Opal who were opposite one another and paying most attention to Takao. Their fearless leader from a dungeon raid that he almost took single-handedly. "I'm still contemplating what professions I should try and go for at the moment, any suggestions?"

Looking to the young lady once more, Nikodemus smiled softly and thought about the question for a moment. "Well, that all really depends. Seems lately that anyone you ask is not happy with their profession. But I like being a blacksmith. Reasons like this are why. Helping those who need it and such. I have seen a slight influx in Cooks and Alchemists lately, but the same could be said of any profession. I would speak to others, like Mamzel Ariel for being a Tailor, My friend Hydra for being an artisan, Mamzel Zandra for Alchemist, Master Hikoru for Merchant, Master Grave for cook, and I don't really know any fishermen or performers. Hmmm... I may have to look into that. Anyways, I would suggest something you feel would fit you. I was a Blacksmith in real life, so that is what I felt fit me best, and chose that one. Had I not, the second option would have been Artisan. I have no patience for meticulous things like measuring ingredients, so Cook and Alchemist are out. And I am not fashionable in the slightest...' With this Nikodemus waved a hand at the large ornate black and rust colored armor he wore. 'So Tailor was out. The lack of patience also stops fisherman, and again, I have met no performers, and cannot carry a tune in a bucket to save my life, so performer is out. I would suggest listening to your Herz, er Heart Mamzel Avilon."

"Yeah its pretty tastey." the man stated as he watched Calrex stand and make his way over to the bar. Taking a large pull from his brew, he looked over at the white haired woman. There was plenty of things that he wanted to say to the woman, but those were irrelevant now. The last they had met, she tried to kill him because he would not convert to her philosophy. Shaking his head, he continued to take another drink of his ale. As the ultramarine knight took his seat once again, he raised his large tankard and clanked it to his. "Cheers buddy." He commented, before responding.

"Yeah this will be the first time I take part in a Boss raid. I figure now that I'm a respectable level I should get into the fray." Pausing a moment to take another drink from his tankard. "I'll be sure to hold you to that. But until the information portion of the meeting, I say we finish these big guys off and get another." He joked as he took another large gulp from his beverage. "They sure know how to make these taste just right."

"Heh, no kidding. I think I might need another one to get through this meeting. The tension seems to be building to a point where you can cut through it like a knife. In any case it's good to know we've got more people wishing to join the frontlines. Without numbers, escaping this game is nothing but a fever dream."

Taking another gulp from his own mug Calrex gave a friendly smile at the two-handed spearman. He had only met up with Lawfer only a few times before, but he certainly seemed to be a trustworthy individual. One he could probably count on when the chips were down. Some thought passed through his head before the bluenette's attention returned back to the matter at hand, "In any case, I'm sure you're aware that these battles are more about how you prepare compared to how strong you are, especially since this is going to be your first. I'd recommend picking up a Safeguard before the raid is announced, as most likely the floor boss will be capable of getting the drop on the party. We should avoid putting anyone into the danger zone early on in the battle, as we'll likely be playing catch up the entire battle."

Hikoru sighed as he waited for things to happen, but nothing seemed to be moving. He was growing tired of waiting for nothing, and heard a small conversation being said at the bar. He gave a small kiss onto Ariel's cheek, then moved next to the Ultramarine player. He pat him on the back, and listened to the conversation quietly. He seemed to be talking to a Spear user, talking about things. He didn't feel like talking, in case his tongue carried to other topics that wouldn't be pleasant to other players. It wasn't in any way bad thoughts, just to get back at the girl who had killed his friend. He sighed and shook off the feeling and did his best to try and stay positive for the upcoming boss fight

Players piled in one by one, and each of them were noted and mentally sorted into groups. Damage, Tank, Support, and too low of a level to participate. There was a plethora of the latter, although he couldn't necessarily blame them for their curiousity. The front lines were the end-game, where the vast majority of players who devoted their time to questing and leveling aspired to end up. This meeting, although it was rather half-assed due to Takao's preference to have just gotten it over with, seemed to be something of a "first foot in the water" situation for them. Takao opted to return the gestures that were given to him in turn. He raised his hand as a wave back to Avilon, nodded to Calrex and Lawfer, then stood up from his reclined position against the bar and cleared his throat.

"Okay everybody, listen up." Takao said, the loudness in his voice carrying it across the tavern to garner the attention of the conversing patrons. "The Boss's name is Akumasaru," He began, smirking slightly as he translated the name in his head. "Literally means Devil Monkey. It's about five and a half meters talls standing, and four and a half when on all fours. It's covered in armour and has 'bout one hundred twenty five mitigation, and one thousand five hundred fifty HP. Minions spawn in pairs of four per group after the boss moves, and have around twenty mitigation and two hundred fifty HP. There's only a few things about the boss room itself that I found worth noting. The first is that Akumasaru is chained to the wall by its gauntlets, and that the floor of the boss room is cracked so that lava's comin' through. Dunno if either of them are of any actual importance, just figured I'd note 'em down."

Feeling he'd covered everything that needed to be covered about the Boss itself, Takao turned his attention over to Mack. "I'll send you the map data to hand out later, 'cause I'm not givin' the location here. PM me the strategy when you're done, and we'll meet up at the boss room 'round noon on Saturday." He said, and then turned to leave the tavern. His role had been fulfilled, and there was still plenty to do that wouldn't be done in the tavern itself.

- Exit Thread -

Edited by Takao

Hearing the words Takao said, Nikodemus determined that any armor or weapons made for frontliners would be T2. He assumed most armor would have Mitigation as the main enhancement on it, and weapons would be mainly damage buffed with the occasional Accuracy buff. Writing this information down along with the Boss stats and minion info, Nikodemus also wondered why the boss was chained and had lava in the room. Shrugging at the thought, Nikodemus then went about to noting down a few things. He took a new piece of foolscap and began to write the order list template he would need to take orders. After that, he then stood and sidled up to Mack, since he had been nominated as the raid leader.

"Hello Master Mack. Glad to see you are in one piece and doing well. As you may assume, I am only here to provide smithing for frontliners. I have no intention of joining the group whatsoever at this junction. When debriefing any and all who are participating, please feel free to let them know my services will be offered, free of charge to any and all front line members, and to let me know what they need." Patting the large redhead smith on the shoulder, he then returned to his table and prepared to finish taking notes.

"Alright, let's get down to business," Mack rumbled, rising to his feet from his seated position in the front row. As he turned to face everyone his grey eyes swept over Opal's form for the first time and he scowled darkly, but remained silent for the time being. Now was neither the time, nor the place, to confront the woman. Rolling his head around on his neck, the gigantic man considered his next words before speaking. "Despite the event during the last Boss Fight, which the Knights of the Blood Oath had no way of knowing about, or preventing, we'll be handling the strategy for this fight once more. I do not, yet, know if Commander Heathcliff will be joining us or not, but it seems to me that the teams are going to need to consist of a good mix of tanks, DPS, and support players. That is, of course, provided we can muster enough people in that last category," Mack began, his booming voice cutting easily through the din as he paused for a moment to take a pull from his tankard.

"We'll break by teams as we enter the Boss Room and with Calrex in the lead. Based on what Takao shared with us, I think it will be wise to load up as much as possible with mitigation, damage boost, and over-health items. It also seems wise for us to all load up with burn mitigation items, given Takao's description of the cracked floor, and to load up on damage over time items that will add burn or poison or bleed damage to your weapons since, generally speaking, that kind of damage can't be mitigated. The Knights of the Blood Oath will be holding a strategy meeting at our Guild Hall on this floor in two days time, all are welcome to attend. Does anyone have any questions, concerns, or insights?"

Opal stood up when mack had finished. If anyone had placed eyes on her, the long legged woman leaned on one leg and crossed her arms over her chest and bore a glare at the head honcho at the meeting, "Some of you might know me as the Devil, or the cunt that ended up killing a player on the last raid. And I am also part of the association known as Laughing Coffin, who are known for player killers. Now, before anyone of you jumps the gun and decide to end me. It seems from the looks of this crowd we have a lot of green players who have never stepped foot in a raid before, and are too low level. I can count only a handful of people in here who are actually prepared to fight. I will be blunt and honest, I don't care if we are trapped in this game for eternity. I do not care if you end up dieing. I will offer to help in the raid. I can supply myself with potions and crystals so you won't need to worry about me coming to visit your shop. I will also do things my way and I will keep myself to my own group, in other words, I won't be taking any orders from anyone. However, so long as I don't feel threatened your lives as players of the front lines will not be in danger. I have done what was needed to be done whether you like that fact or not. However, you can not deny that I am still a front liner and a powerful one as well. Should someone like to contest that idea, I will be more than happy to take up your challenge, should you lose your life in the process will be little concern to me. However, you will look at the big picture...You need me still, " the woman said her black lips curling into a smile, smug grin showing as she relaxed her arms at her sides, "As I said, I will help so long as I don't feel threatened. Should someone attempt an assassination attempt on me and fail, I will defend myself and I will cause chaos to the world of those you love and hold the most to your heart. My word can not be trusted, true and why should you trust me? Should you feel necessary that I am too much of a Wild Card, feel free to leave me out of your equation. You have my contact information, Mack. Should you need me, send me a PM and nothing more with the location to the boss room, I'll be there." 

Opal turned and flicked the silver hair from her eyes as she looked at no one but the exit. She had said what she needed to say and that was enough for her. If they decided she was too much to handle, she would be left out, however, she cared little for this game these days and only sought out her own value of fun. 

-Opal Exits-

Edited by Opal