[OP-NK-F1] Part IV: A Faint Explanation

Helios seemed to have arrived to Oikawa's speech just as it had started. What he told everyone was believable. It was understandable that he was jealous of the Hero of Aincrad. Although he wasn't happy about the death of his old friend, he decided it was best to forgive Oikawa. Unfortunately, not everyone was thinking the same way. The crowd threw insults from every direction. He wasn't surprised when one of the players charged the man with their dagger. The noirette watched as two other players, Xion and Baldur, rushed up to the orange player's aid.

The young man stayed silent and waited. The scene in front of him was getting quite interesting, however he didn't want to be caught in it. A smile grew on his face as his eyes examined the two players standing up for Oikawa. Then, another player strolled towards them. Helios examined X, the young man who had invited him to join Square 1 so long ago. What's he saying up there? Helios thought, unable to hear the dark haired man's words to Xion.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gritting his teeth, Macraodn knew the somewhat hatred for Zel, the way he acted, the way he treated those not top ter frontliners. Though without any other thought, Macradon's emotions were caught up by a raging mob of civilians. Macradon tried his best as he was already up close to get up to where Oikawa was placed as he saw the dagger, like a shark's fin. With haste, Macradon did his best to get up to Oikawa. Somehow Xion and many others got up before Macradon got to react, pleased to see his knights being able to take the affair quickly was a good sign, but Xion's harsh actions against a single civilian wasn't what we wanted to show the people of Aincrad. As he got up with the others, he would quickly draw his sword, Scarecrow's Sickle. A demonic sword, one of the only ones left after the death of the fronliners. Holding it in front of Xion to stop him from advancing any further. "Enough" he said with a gentle tone "This isn't what being a Knight is like. As the Third in Command of house Blood Oath, I command you to step back and let the failure of an assassin speak up his words." he said pointed towards both Baldur and Xion, even though Bladur haven't done anything yet. He was quite sure that Oikawa would expect the crowd's reaction to be so, reason why he would say "Stick and stone may break my bones ..." he said with a smile, just visible underneath his visor. 

The stink of something odd was here, why would a giant mob like this react so, and why an assassination attempt? Macradon would try to spot out any ring leader of this mob of people, maybe someone was out there, having a lil' giggle. Though his Search and Detect was going on, he wouldn't be able to find anyone out there. With a slight sigh, Macradon would look at the entire group of raging people. "We do not want any violence here, not while I'm present" he said, lowering his sword again, though still in his right hand. "If anyone would to to say anything, please do. But try not to be like this ... thing" he said and looked down upon the assassin. He would step back, just a bit behind of Oikawa and look at Xion and Baldur "Knights, stand on each side of Oikawa and be his bodyguards for now, even though he's an Orange player, he's still a valuable frontliner" he said, hoping his two knights would do as commanded.

Spoiler

ID: 60681
LD: 4+3=7, I think I saw a dragon, no wait, that's an apple!

Edited by Macradon

Crimson eyes widened as shouts and threats emitted from the crowd. While he knew there were those among the masses that wouldn't care or approve no matter what he said, he didn't expect them to be in such volumes. Fixing his lips to attempt to calm them, his instinct kicked in as a player suddenly lunged from the center of the group. His shield materialized in seconds as he prepared to deflect the blow only to see another player doing the same. Xion, one of the few lower leveled tanks had stepped between the the rogue player and himself. However, the blonde took note that the gray-haired man had taken it a tad farther than he had intended. Rest assured a few other players were on the same page as the orange player, as they quickly leaped to action as well. X, Baldur and even Macradon had managed to make their way to the blonde's vicinity; protecting him from any other potential attack.

As Macradon barked out a few orders, Oikawa let his shield drop a bit before stepping to the criminal in question. Silently locking eyes with each player who had come to his aid, he nodded his thanks before forcefully removing Xion's glaive from the player in question. Placing a knee into the assassin's chest, Oikawa rolled up his sleeve and searched the player for the dreaded symbol that had become the talk of the town. Spotting the black coffin tattoo, Oikawa stood up, making sure to keep his boot squarely into the man's chest, and spoke.

"Laughing Coffin is among us and I'm willing to bet Opal is as well. GO ON show yourselves," exclaimed the caped player as he drew his rapier. "If you're here to cause trouble then your issue is with me. Should any of the players here sustain even a point of damage from you all, I will personally see to it that none of you see the light of day. So either excuse yourselves or be excused." Tightening the grip on his blade, he concluded. "Choose wisely."

It seemed that his friend's suspicions were on point, either that or there was certainly another hand at work as the scene unraveled itself before Calrex. His deep blue eyes calmly scanned the crowd as he saw the initial reaction seemed to be one of general quiet contemplation, before it seemed a few select members in the crowd had begun to try and rile up the onlookers, even going as far as to have an assassin try to move in and take out the blonde rapier-user, before he was apprehended by Xion and Baldur, to whom the bluenette gave a nod of thanks. He gave a small smirk to himself, "Just like something out of a video game plot. If only I had my Reveal skill still..."

Hearing Oikawa begin to speak on the group that Calrex himself had grown to have suspicions of his hand calmly rested on the hilt of the Grand Blade II, "Guess your suspicions were right on point. If things do prove to be true there's going to be a lot more unrest among the players than before. Since the Knights are covering your flanks I'll serve as a middle ground, should there be enough tension to cause a riot."

"This is right on the outskirts of town, meaning that it'll be difficult to discern if Laughing Coffin has members that are both orange and green players. If that's true their reach must be farther than I had hoped."

With the Knights of the Blood Oath now keeping watch on the young man Calrex had deemed the bearer of the Citrine Badge he gave a glance and a calm nod before taking a small step forward, as if to serve as a middle man between the crown and Oikawa,"My main job now is to ensure that this little event concludes without any unnecessary violence. I may not be able to strike first on green players in this area, but I can still certainly preemptively hold off potential orange colored attackers or delay other greens by challenging them to a duel. I may not be confident in my overall attack power like Teayre, but I can certainly rely on my defenses with the unique Tristan entrusted to me."

As people surrounded Xion he became frustrated, too many people placing their hands on his shoulders, too many people talking about taking the uselss assasain that he had his glaive stuck in back into the town for questioning. "He just tried to kill someone!" He said angrily "He doesn't deserve mercy..." He said, his anger still controlling him as Macradon intervened, threatening the tank with his blade. "Macradon...he just tried to take a man's life. How can you-" but the man was cut short by Oikawa himself. It seemed that, while he was thankful for the protection, he too did not approve of Xion's actions. The fire in Xion's eyes died down as the blonde man locked eyes with him before forcing his glaive out of the assasain, instead planting a boot on his chest. He sighed and stood beside Oikawa as a bodyguard, he had let his anger control him once more, an event that was becoming increasingly common. "I need to control myself..." He muttered before Oikawa revealed that the man was a member of LC. Xion's blood began to boil again. "Opal, reveal yourself witch!" He said, while Calrex tried to reason with the crowd. There were now two tanks along with a unique holder protecting Oikawa, any assailant would be hard pressed to even scratch the man. 

Hikoru listened as Oikawa explained himself, and it made sense. He knew that him and Zel had been somewhat friends, as far as he knew, but there was much more that he didn't know about. He grit his teeth as he heard about the girls that he had played with, and he breathed. He clearly was a cruel player, even if he was the strongest player out there, he had his own demons. He was about to compliment the player and cheer him up, when suddenly, the other players that had gathered appeared to revolt, charging against him. He breathed as he soon charged ahead, jumping around others and landing in front of the group, Dagger unsheathed and facing the crowd, He grit his teeth as a small smile emanated from his face

"I wont have a problem killing every single one of you Laughing Coffin creeps, so don't you dare lay a single finger- no- not even a hair on Oikawa, or any of these others next to me, or you will have me to deal with, and that's not something you would enjoy having." He said with a slight laugh, grinning and his eyes growing wide as he scanned the crowd for anyone that would want to try to hurt the other players.

Macrodon Began interjecting now which made X feel a little better as he now realized he had some support even with out being acknowledged. Xion's outburst that was angsty enough to match his dumb haircut. What kind of hypocrite defends a murderer from a murderer without learning what the intentions of one is and defending the other even before finding out the reason of the other. Jesus it must take the living embodiment of ignorance mixed with the loyalty of a hitler youth to make a person act like this.

Oh hey yeah listen to your boss dumb pawn this guy understands you cant just kill people that is why he's in charge of you, and you know something emo haircut or what was it Xion? Why are you protecting a murderer or since killing someone doesn't mark you as a murderer anymore, Oikawa from someone who is trying to kill him for reasons your not entirely sure of and then you have the audacity to say he doesn't deserve mercy or questioning for 'trying to kill someone' when you are protecting someone from death who has actually killed someone... Jesus Christ I really hate being the peace maker like ever, I actually can't think of the words right now to tell this guy what he's doing is so just cringy. OH CRAP I JUST REMEMBERED, This Macrodon guy found me in the woods after a nap one day and gave me a PSA about not napping outside of the safezone. I should probably shoot him a message after I'm done here to catch up, but first!... People like you are the reason Maverick and laughing coffin Hunters are getting treated the same way as the people they deal with so we don't have to, either way if you don't take my word for it Kiru is one PM away and she's a lot more intimidating than me.

Edited by XWuZHeAR

Seeing the chaos ensure around him as more and more people had begun to insight a mob, Nikodemus saw through the smoke screen as the assassination attempt failed before it truly began. Standing from his seated position, Nikodemus made his way through the crowd, not caring whom he threw from his way as he did. One thing he did not tolerate was open faced betrayal. Such a thing had been what gained him his orange cursor. Moving into view and then standing with the rest Oikawa and the others, Nikodemus brought his axe forth and prepared for any further attempts. "I will not sit by and be party to something so vile. I was but here to listen to Oikawa speak his word. I will not let anyone lay a hand on him, even if it means I die."

After the well versed words that Oikawa had graced the crowd with, Lawfer watched in amazement that someone had the courage to try to slay one of the top rated players. It was obvious that the man wouldn't be able to fell him in one go. Which mean't it was all part of a bigger more devious plan, one that had to be concocted by Laughing Coffin and its higher ups. "They sure do like to make sure all the loose ends are tied up." the dragoon stated to himself as he watched the others converge and defend Oikawa. "Not that he really needs it... But it will make my job easier..." he muttered under his breath as he looked around. 'Gotta give it to the Sneak skill, lets her hide in almost plain sight.' he thought to himself as the individuals in the crowd began to fire heavy heated words back and forth.

The spearman couldn't help but shake his head. He had warned X about watching what he said, but Oikawa had given his peace and even if X's words stung, he had to let him talk. The validity was not lost, but he was entitled to his opinion after the fact. But he wouldnt stand for threats, even if they were empty. Clearing his through he looked over to X and raised his voice to make sure everyone could hear, "I was fine with you voicing your opinion after Oikawa explained himself. But you really wanna threaten a guy that could put you in the ground before you even finished typing out your message to Kiru? You really are a stupid, naive, spoiled brat arent you? My advice is to learn when to keep your mouth shut kid... Childish temper tantrums aren't becoming of man, and besides calling a woman to do your dirty work... Really?" As Lawfer finished he turned his attention back to the crowd. 

Scanning through the crowd, Lawfer raised his right hand and scrolled through his inventory and replaced his charm for his lucky pants, in an attempt to increase his score of find anyone that was hiding among the shadows. To no avail, his search still lacked the proper numbers to find anyone. "Well that's unfortunate..." he commented under his breath as he pushed off the tree he was leaning on and walked towards the others.

"Ok guys. This would be assassin has had enough, leave him be.... He is still green which means if we do anything we turn orange." He stated sternly as he moved closer to Xion, Macradon, Calrex and the others. Turning his attention to Oikawa he let out a slight smile. "Looks like this incident actually benefited you more than it hurt you...  I don't condone or respect what you did, but you still helped me when I needed it and I appreciate that more. So my allegiance stays with you little guy." He paused for a moment and let out a smirk letting the height joke set in. "We should probably get out of here though. Unless you have anything else you would like to say."

Spoiler

ID:60742 LD:2+2=4(Opal you win this one... lol)

Edited by Lawfer

The ravenous crowd hushed at the strong words of the Player Killer. Even when the assassination attempt failed Opal smiled thickly with her black silky lips. It would take more than one man to take down Oikawa; he was no pushover. But it showed how expendable some members of the group were to her. As the lynching mob came to settle down after the words and the event, Opal slowly raised her hands and began clapping out loud with that impish giggle she so boldly trademarked. Besider her stood three individuals which marked her little gang of misfits and the one remaining fellow that was pinned down to the ground up front. The woman finally revealed her face to the crowd as she continued her soft giggle. 

Silken black lips twisted into a large smile; "My oh my. So many come to the aid of a Murderer. Isn't that quaint?" She asked rhetorically, she looked at the player that was pinned to the ground and her eyes narrowed and then flicked the silver hair from her face. The people around her parted like the Red Sea and murmured her name as they all knew who she was. 

"That player there," she pointed to the failed assassin, "He may have the mark of the Laughing Coffin, but I do not recognize him as such. You may do with him as you'd like." 

"B-b-b-b-but Opal!" the man yelled at her name. The woman raised a dark, thin brow as her name was called out. She cleared her throat and then stated, "No reliance within this alliance." The man twisted his head back to the others and began to sweat and curse; "Damn it...damn it all..." he said still pinned under. 

Still robed, the female let out a gentle sigh, "Well, I wanted to just see what would happen if I came. As you can tell, I only have three members with me. These people all around, they still don't think you are the man you were once worth. You may take the Redemption Quest, Oikawa...but you still killed a player. It is plain and simple. You will be forever stained with that memory, and forever stained with that blood on your hands." the woman laughed, that laugh of hers that was so condescending. 

Lifting her hand, she pointed to Lawfer; "You and I...we have unfinished business. I'll come and hunt you down in due time, for the rest of you. You may want to keep on your guard, but for now, sleep easy knowing you get to live for just one more day." Her lips spread once more as she smiled and clicked her fingers. With that the woman began to walk away back to the city and disappearing amongst the crowd of players. 

Edited by Opal

Although late, the wanderer managed catch the last couple of sentence of Oikawa's speech. But now, it seems like this place is about to blow up. Everyone seems to be either be panicked or furious. Opal has apparently made her appearance here somewhere and this place is in an uproar looking for her. The wanderer didn't exactly know what to do. Should he stay there? Or should he run in fear? No... the wanderer is no coward. After taking a deep breathe he began to think clearly. He decided to look for Opal for himself. What he'll do after that, he'll decide then.

ID# 60746 results: Loot: 11 (9+2) = found nothing.

Edited by Rain

No sooner than when the man had called out the silver haired girl, Oikawa felt the presence of Cal a his side. Exchanging a few words, the blonde nodded and thanked Cal with a pat on the back.

With Xion finally backing off, the situation seemed to deflate, even if just a little. That is until Hikoru stepped in as well. His words far too remniscent of the last time they partied together. Keeping his boot firmly planted, Oikawa called out to the dagger wielder. "Hikoru, we need to stand down. Hostility isn't the answer to this." Unfortunately, two cents still seemed to be given as X opened his mouth yet again. Though his logic was sound for once, the way he went about it was completely wrong. Seeing as how he ignored the motive and reason and any outside effects, his words while full were just as hollow. Sighing, the blonde just opted to nod until he mentioned Kiru. "Kiru you would be bloody stupid to involve her in this. Especially in her state! She is the last person who needs to bare witness to this event, especially given I have already spoken with her on the matter. You are just a plain-," he paused as Lawfer interjected and ripped into X as well.

Holding his tongue, Oikawa worked to restrain himself as Nikodemus made his own presence known. Offering him a silent thanks, Oikawa turned to Lawfer as he posed his question. He had been ready to give an answer when a slow clap began to emanate  from the crowd. A impish cackle graced them by none other than Opal herself. Words left her lips but the blonde cared not what she said. His concern remained reserved for potential conflict. Though none came. She ended her speech and began to leave. Disappearing among the crowd.

"Go," muttered the blonde as he lifted the boot stamped into the rogue's chest. The player quickly scrambled to his feet and took off for Opal's small group of bandits. Massaging his temple, the blonde sheathed his blade and unequipped it to show everyone that he no further intentions of being hostile.

"I thank all of you for bravery and willingness to come to my aid. Though you may not agree with what happened, its clear that right and wrong hasn't blurred between the individuals gathered here. That is something that can not be commended enough, so again I thank you. Macradon, please be sure to give Heathcliff my thanks. To all of you individually, I can't explain how much better it feels to have shared this with you all, and while it doesn't change what I've done, it puts me at ease knowing that I still have some shred of decency left in your eyes. Again, I thank you all. Lets conclude this with one final announcement. Spectrum Coalition, be on the lookout," he exclaimed with a contagious grin.

Making sure to thank and shake the hands of everyone, even those he didn't know, the blonde then offered his farewells to those he knew best before departing back to his shop.

Edited by Oikawa

Helios simply watched as Opal disappeared into the crowd of players. It was quite hard to believe that this woman was the person Teselmar was so in love with. Soon after, Oikawa finished speaking once again and began saying his goodbyes too all of the players who had listened to him. The dark-haired player saw this as a great opportunity to speak with him for a quick moment before he left. Walking towards him, Helios grinned. "Yo. Oikawa." He said, stopping in front of the blonde. "Despite the few interruptions, which were interesting, to say the least, that really was an impressive speech. I'm glad you explained all of that."

Understanding his friend wasn't yet done with the farewells, Helios decided it was time to say goodbye and take his leave. "That's all I have to say. I'll see you around." he held out his hand to shake the blonde's. Turning around, the noirette shot a quick peace sign and began walking back towards the Town of Beginnings.

ID: 60777 

BD: 8 (Miss -3 EVA) 

Xion's eyes flared with anger as he listened to X mock him. He called the tank a pawn, a clueless pawn. The insults didn't stop, the tank couldn't believe it. The man held no bars, he even insulted his haircut, calling It emo  but but that was the least of his worries. "Hold  your tongue..." He warned the player, trying to control his anger. But X forced his hand. The tank charged, aiming to slash with his glaive but missing due to the evasion on X's equipment. "Don't you [censored] insult me, how dare you act as if you're above me you worthless child!" He said, his voice laced with anger. "You're not running, you're fighting me. If you can talk [censored] then you can face me in battle!" 

Xion: (100/100) (24/25) | 89 MIT | 28 thorns | 8DMG 

X (??/??) (??/??) (I use your last asterios post as reference. Everyone else please DO NOT interfere) 

Edited by Xion

After X's thoughts were heard and seemingly agreed with the message at least X held his head with the release of a simple yawn almost to match how quickly tired he was becoming with the situation. Finally players were standing up for the green would be assassin now understanding that killing this random dude really isn't  the answer to any problem this mob is faced with. The only one throwing a fit now was Xion who still seemed to want to kill someone.

Who the hell says hold your tongue anymore? It's like 2023- WAIT! Oh my god are one of those role-player guys? I just want one picture, I'll pay 200 col for it!.... I cannot believe this guy, OH THATS A GLAIVE! Finally this guy gets off the assassin... Hey man get out of here, I know you don't want to die more than you want to kill Oikawa... I'm not running? that's funny this guy doesn't know who he's talking too... Back off emo I'm not gonna fight you no matter how angsty your outbursts are, and some role player you are, don't like you have follow the Jedi code or something? Macrodon back me up on this man... Damn I feel bad for this guy now atleast he wont be killing anyone today.

(yeah anyone interfere if you want I'm not apposed to the idea at all.

Hikoru breathed and calmed down as Oikawa told him to stand down. He breathed and looked at him, his smile dissapearing and coming back to where he was, and sighed as he sheathed his blade. When suddenly, he heard a small squabble behind him, and he looked to see a young man going for a hit on a player, but the player was too fast. The player that moved out of the way was cocky, insulting the player. He would have laughed, but the word "Emo" is what got him. He grit his teeth, and without another thought, used his <<Concentration>> ability and went and hit the player. He wouldn't stand for anything like this, especially since that is what he himself was called in school. He breathed and pulled his Dagger out, looking at the player with a look of total malice

"Watch. Your. Mouth. I won't stand for a shrimp like you insulting another player like that. I swear if I ever hear anything like that again it will be the last thing you say." He said, with so much malice in his voice. He looked at the player, and a small smile grew on his lips "And if that ever happens, we're going to have... a really, really fun time..." Then, in a blink, he breathed and backed away, sheathing his dagger and looking at the other player "But as for you, calm down. I expect better of you Xion, so you better show it." He said, and soon he dissapeared into the nearby shadows

ID: 60788

BD: 4+5=9-3=6 Hit

Hikoru used Shadow Stitch: 2x3=6x13= 78-12= 66 Damage to X

Hikoru: 149/149 30/36 

XWuZHeAR: 2/68 17/17

Hikoru used Shadowed Path and left

((OOC: Nothing against you kid, but don't ever call anyone emo on here. One, it triggers Hik, because backstory and that's a bad insult. Please, don't call anyone an emo on here, because that hurts more than you realise))

"Enough." Baldur said loudly as he put his hand on his katana to draw, but did not do so. He looked at Xion, and X, and Hikoru and then made an annoyed 'tsk' sound as Hikoru faded into the shadows. He looked at Xion, whom he felt for. X was an annoying, hypocritical brat who only ever served to enrage and annoy the people around him. Once he had liked X, and then the player had tried to assassinate low level players in the Starting City by exploiting the dueling system.

But here Baldur would grit his teeth and defend X all the same.

"Xion, stand down. I understand why you want to run him through, but he's not worth it. He's intentionally messing with you, and you're letting him win." Baldur stepped between Xion with his hand on his sword, and then released and spread his arms wide to offer a larger barrier.

"Don't let him."

The wanna-be samurai locked sympathetic eyes with Xion in silent encouragement for him to get a hold of his wits.

Of all the commotion that had happened, Macradon was happy that it was all slowly deflating, like a balloon someone blew up, but suddenly let go off again. Though it was getting smaller and smaller, no one had any idea of where it could go. Slowly listening to everyone's talking, each voice over the other, trying to be the one in charge with all the louder voices coming forth. The noise was quickly disrupted when Opal showed herself. Macradon, trying not to go into a rage, grit his teeth even more than the assassination attempt on Oikawa. Though, getting the steam out of his system, Macradon sighed deeply and nodded towards Oikawa "I will kindly send your regards to the Commander" he said, now with a smile on his lips. Macradon would grip Oikawa's hand firmly and shake it farewell as they would part ways again.

Though the thing that really triggered Macradon was Xion's action. He quickly went over the two in a fight swinging his sword in the middle between them, having the hook pointed down towards the ground. "Enough is enough!" he roared as loud as he could at Xion. "Is this how you want the guild to be known as? Is this how you want House Blood Oath to be present?" he asked Xion angrily. "Though I don't accept the way X talked you down, nor the way he points at our Oath as the Jedi Code" he said and nodded and made a small wink at X, as he remembered him from out there one day "That still gives you no right to assault him like this! Especially not when under the name of Blood Oath!". He gripped his sword even harder than before, now really knowing what Xion wanted out of this situation. Macradon turned around again and was disappointed of his Knight's action of today, not just an assault on a civilian, but two. The first was justified as it was an assassination attempt, but the second here, even though it wasn't much, was still not accepted by Macradon.

Though Xion was one that really made Macradon angry today, not even Opal making his blood boil as much. Hikoru was the one that really pissed him off. A frontliner, attacking and then running away from the fight again. It was like he bore no shame, and calling him a frontliner? He sighed deeply as all of this was done and everyone seemed to have their own little fight, Macradon was unsure how the council, nor the overruling commanders would react to Xion's sudden actions. He would wave goodbye at everyone present, even Opal and her gang, and leave. As his sword was not in need for today's event, he sure would keep it safe on his back as he strapped it on again, not wanting a fight with anyone, as he thought it would just not be any fun day having to fight anyone. This was supposed to be Oikawa's day of somewhat redemption, but as it turned out to be all this, Macradon left with a bitter taste in his mouth.

[Macradon has left the building thread]

It seemed the event had a bit of a strange simultaneous develop going as Calrex remained standing between the crowd and Oikawa. As the blonde had suspected, it seemed the assailant was in fact related to the faction that Opal had announced in the wake of Zelrius and Ssendom's deaths, Laughing Coffin, albeit the offender was probably at best some kind of diehard fan. As the assassin went scurrying off after the group the bluenette gave a small sigh as he watched the person he formerly knew as the Vice-Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath step away. Although the two were maybe good acquaintances at best, he felt a twinge of disappointment seeing her new shift in personality, "Whether it's some kind of delusion, or just the way she is, I have a feeling that eventually the two of us are going to cross swords. However it seems she's paying a lot more attention to Oikawa and Lawfer at the moment. Heh, I guess even being the supposed strongest player in Aincrad, my social presence is a mere shade in comparison."

Looking over at the second scene unfolding he saw Xion, X, and Hikoru seem to engage in combat before the others stepped in, calling off the battle. To his knowledge, Calrex hadn't even seen a duel request, and if so it seemed rather foolish for X to be taking on two players at once. From his past experience with the would-be assassin build, X had specialized in stealth, offense, and evasion, meaning he wasn't cut out for a prolonged confrontation, even more so seeing the significant gap on strength between him, Xion, and Hikoru. His suspicions proved true when in nearly a single strike the bearer of the Shadowed Path unique skill nearly annihilated him with a single blow.

Luckily enough the others had stepped in before anyone could attempt to deal the killing blow. Calrex gave a small sigh of relief before beginning to step forward, seeing that Macradon had departed after trying to snap Xion back to his senses. Baldur, seemingly having had a similar past experience with X's personality, was trying to reason as well. Hikoru had made use of his unique skill once again, vanishing as the bluenette decided to neglect trying to discern his position.

That left himself, Baldur, Xion, and X in the crowd. Casually stepping between the two Calrex looked over at the samurai-themed swordsman, "Guess that potion's going to be of use after all. Go ahead and see if you can patch X up for now. As the other's have already said, that's more than enough for today. If you two still have a score to settle, the dueling arena is not far at all. You can smash your egos against each other in there to your heart's content. But we're not going to rile up this crowd any further. It's already bad enough with Laughing Coffin showing their faces here, we don't need to go and give onlookers any more doubt at the mental stability of the players fighting for their freedom."

His fingers gently wrapped around the Grand Blade II calmly, as if he had some doubt the two would simply let things go, but he was already prepared for that instance, "If you two still feel the need to go at it right now, you may only do so after facing and defeating me. I'm not going to let more blood be shed out of foolish pride or anger. X, it's been a while since we've last met, so I'm sure you're not yet fully aware of what's happened, but Xion you already know well enough how a match against me would go, as you've seen Tristan's own feats. The Aincrad title of Invincible Warrior is not one of mere entertainment."

Hikoru breathed as he watched the other players talk for a moment as he caught his breath in the shadows. He knew he was safe now, he just had to keep moving. He breathed and continued forward into the shadows, not looking back. He knew he had overreacted, but that player just.... No, he couldn't let players do that to him. It could cause him his life if he did that to the wrong person. He breathed and continued forward, doing his best to rack his mind of ways to learn to cope with what others say, but none were coming to mind. He was just.... so mad at that player, and he couldn't shake it... To insult his friend like that? and call him "Emo?" It made no sense for him to do that, or to say anything against it. He just breathed and looked back for a moment, unsure of what to do. He knew he should leave, but at the same time, he wasn't sure of what to do. He just sighed, and stayed within the shadows for another moment or two, and waited to see what happened next

Entered Stealth. Must roll a 12+ on the LD to be found