[F9:PP:NK] Cultivate

(OOC: @Asteria, @Teion, @Zandra, @Nikodemus_Blackwood, @Khrysaor, @Ratatosk, @Mack, @Rain K, this is finally up. No post order until we starting fighting... If we start fighting. 20th post is reserved for whoever has ranks in the searching skill and feels like using it.)

Up on the ninth floor in the middle of Vulcan there was one player laying on a bench who didn't seem to be focusing on anything other than his current objective for the day: Forming a party. Only a few hours had passed since he sent out the mass message to the player base that was simply asking for assistance with tackling a dungeon. He wanted to get stronger for his own sake, but to do so he'd need at least some help. There was really no way to know who would decide to show up, if anybody did at all, but having a team would be better than trying to go on his own. Now it was just a matter of playing the waiting game.

OOC: Legit thought someone would've posted by now. Ahahaha

Wandering the streets of the 9th floor's Vulcan, the wanderer made her way through the center of town. He had gotten a message that they're meeting there for dungeon diving. He doesn't know who's gonna show up, but he definitely wanted to complete another dungeon. He needs to level up as fast as possible so he can get out of this god forsaken hellhole that is Aincrad. Although the place was much more beautiful than what's he commonly sees in real life, this is still just a game. This is also his prison. He needs to be let out to wander the world.

As he got closer to the center, he quickly spots Seul. The guy who started this whole idea of getting a group of dungeon divers together to level up. He's also one of the members of KoTB, the guild the wanderer's recruiting for. "I wanderer if he knows me... I'll just stand nearby and see what happens."

Edited by Rain

Standing near a merchant in Vulcan, Nikodemus sighed. The heat was not his favorite. Glancing around, he noticed Seul nearby. Making his way over, he gave a curt bow. "Guten Abend Herr Seul. Glad to hear from you. So, what did you have in mind on this floor? Quest or Dungeon hunting?" Standing before the man, Nikodemus was fully armored and armed for the expedition. He did not wish to be caught out and about unaware. Looking around, he noticed another familiar face as the Wanderer Rain approached. Waving to him, Nikodemus smiled. "And how is my personal alchemist doing?"

Ratatosk couldn't believe he'd be in Vulcan again, especially after seeing how hot it was. "Ventus, I [censored] hate you." Now with two people in a single mind, the blonde's mouth would become a lot more like a sailor's. "God [censored] damn it! This heat is way too [censored] hot to deal with." Despite wearing short sleeves... The floor was literally a huge volcano, and it was still hot! "Need to take out my anger on the first monster that I see, maybe that'll relieve my stress eh." Midway through his trip to leave town, he saw a familiar face, "Seul, is that you?"

'Eh?' A notification appeared in front of the violet-haired blacksmith. Teion had been sitting around, leaning back in a chair with her legs crossed, inside of her shop on the desert floor of Aincrad. With a lazy swipe of her hand, the woman opened her menus and pulled up the new message in her inbox. "Dungeons, ninth floor..." She skimmed the details, mumbling aloud until she finished reading. "Seul." She said the sender's name, failing to recall if she'd met this person before. Teion frowned before pulling herself to her feet, kicking her chair aside as she headed for the door. She could use a good dungeon delve, and if someone was going to go around inviting stray players, who was she to decline?

After a bit of travel, the woman materialized on the ninth floor, getting her bearings before moving forward. She referenced the coordinates provided in the message, finding herself approaching what was already a small group of players gathered around a dark-haired man. Teion's eyes danced between the players, vaguely recognizing a couple of faces, but otherwise fairly disinterested. The blacksmith continued forward, shifting uncomfortably when she decided she had to speak. Her eyes simply settled on the black-haired man that everyone else's attention seemed to be on. "Are you Seul? I'm here about dungeon hunting."

Edited by Teion

Mack growled under his breath as he materialized on the portal platform in the town of Vulcan on the ninth floor. Seul had better know the location of a dungeon, for sure, to be summoning his Vice Commander to a place as oppressively hot as this hellish place. Drawing up the hood on the crimson trimmed snow white guild cloak of the Knights of the Blood Oath, Mack immediately began looking around for Seul. It didn't take long for the hulking axe man's storm grey eyes to lock on to a group of people gathering around Seul. Making his way over to the group, and making zero effort to be subtle about it, Mack brought himself to a halt directly in front of Seul and crossed his arms over his broad and heavily armored chest. "You'd damn well better know where we can find a mini dungeon to have pulled me to the ninth floor," he rumbled, glowering around at the assembled players.

Aster took hesitant steps as she appeared in Vulcan for the first time. The girl hadn't forced herself past the fifth floor before now, so making the jump to what she considered such a high-level area was making her feel anxious. Still, she couldn't deny the offer that was presented to her--a spot in a party for dungeon hunting. She couldn't care less about the money or items they mind find, but if it gave her experience points she wanted in. The allure of being able to not only see a foreign level of Aincrad, but actively investigate and learn about it was equally hard to resist.

With a deep breath through her nose, Aster finally laid eyes upon the grouping of players forming in the distance. According to the details of the message, this is where she was supposed to go. Her amber eyes scanned over the other figures as she drew closer; recognizing the white-haired man from a couple of quests not long ago, and the blonde boy who she recalled from a distant-feeling memory. Then her eyes fell on the back of a violet-covered head and she froze in place. A visible grimace crawled over the girl's face, clearly remembering her uncomfortable encounter with the silent woman the last and only time they'd met.

'You can't let something stupid discourage you!' The girl scolded herself, commanding her legs to finish carrying her to the other players. When she was close enough to be considered 'present', Aster opened her mouth to speak only to close it half a second later, unable to find any words. The party as a whole looked intimidating to her--now she only hoped she wasn't going to get in someone's way.

• 3 weeks later...

The wind was blowing in from the sea, making Zandras hair flutter behind her like a black flame. Her eyes gazed at the horizon. She was sitting in the sand outside her and Jomeis beachhouse on floor sixteen when she herd the sound from a notification. She moved her focus from the splashing waves to the screen with a message. She opened it and red. A smile on her face, it was time for another dungeon. Since she didnt had anything better to do, she pushed herself up and headed towards the meeting spot.

A few minutes later she exited the warp gate seven floors down. Thou it felt like she walked straigth into a wall of heat. She stumbled a few steps from the sudden surprise. She had only been here once before. It was with... When she remembered it felt like a sting thru her body and her eyes got wet. This was the first time she met the wonderful girl Manta. Manta, that was killed in the last boss fight. She gulped and wiped away her tears. She couldnt think about that now. Now focus on the present. When she got her mind together she felt the heat again as well as a drop of sweat on her forehead."I wont survive this f***** heat." She said to herself while walking to the group of players. The first one she recognized was the huge Mack. She walked straigth up to him."Heya Mack. How are you doin'?" She said to make him know she was there.

A few paces away he could see the player Nikodemus was addressing, but chose not to say anything until he was certain he'd be coming along. "Hey Niko, the plan is to look for a dungeon today. Also it is me Ratatosk, who else would I be?" He replied, addressing both the armored man and the blonde player with a friendly wave as he spoke. Next to arrive was a woman who wasted no time with making her reasons for being there known. "I am Seul, but I don't believe we've met though. Still it's a good thing you're here; for a second there I was getting worried this trip was going to be a total sausage fest.~"

The plan was going great so far with the turn out looking to be pretty large. It's not like he hadn't expected as much to happen though given how lucrative dungeon dives actually were in the game. A good mix of familiar faces and strangers alike were making the team, but most notable among them was his very own vice commander. Mack showed up soon after the purple haired woman did... And he didn't seem too pleased with the choice of floors. A hand rose to scratch the back of Seul's neck as he shot the ginger giant a sheepish grin. There wasn't much time to  think, but he still mulled over the next words carefully in his head. "Well... I have a general idea of where one is supposed to be. We just need to find the entrance. Half the fun of dungeon hunting though is in the exploration anyway so this should be a blast with everyone going together."

Two more players arrived after that, so he figured it was about time to get the show on the road. He moved to position himself in front of the others and looked to each of them in turn before speaking. "Alright everyone, don't look so depressed. It's not that hot. Besides, we're hunting down a dungeon today. With all the caves around the volcanoes on this floor, there's bound to be a dungeon here somewhere. So if you're up for some adventuring then let's go! Oh, and it'll probably take a while so we might as well get to know each other better" And with that he turned to set off for the town's exit without really waiting to see if anyone was even sticking around or not.

Edited by Seul

"No, this would be a blast if we could find dungeons on the fourth floor, or if we were anywhere else other than this floor. Or the fifth floor. Or the sixth floor. I hate the heat and the humidity," the Vice Commander groused, crossing his arms over his chest as he fell into step immediately behind Seul. "I'll tank the beasts and I also lead the Knights of the Blood Oath, so if you're interested in joining us feel free to speak up. After all, there's strength in numbers," the Vice Commander continued as they passed through the gates of the town and out into the volcanic landscape. Drawing his axe, Mack held the weapon over one shoulder as they moved further out into the wildnerness.

Khrysaor was in hsi shop working on some crafts when in the middle of his work a Aincrad-wide message came through to him. Thinking he will check up on it later, he went back to his work. After, a few hours he took a lunch break and scrolled through some of the messages he missed, as he came to the one sent around to everyone else, he started to read it, and thought, 'Hmmm, dungeon diving on the 9th Floor, sounds interesting this would be my first time in one of those dungeons.' When he looked at the time, he saw that he was starting to run late, and if he wanted even a slight chance to catch up to the dungeon raiders he would have to run. So, with that thought, Khrysaor quickly packed up his things and ran out of shop and traveled to the teleportation gates.

When he got there he stated, "Teleport - Floor 9, Vulcan" and in a blur of colors disappeared to reappear into the city of Vulcan. Since, this was his first time on the 9th floor, he wanted to observe the town, but he knew he did not have enough time, so he sped off in the direction of the meeting place, checking the map every now and then and hoping the group had not left yet.  After, he got to the spot they were supposed to have met, he saw no one and muttered to himself, "Dang it, they must have left already. There is still a chance I could catch up to them before they leave the town," so he started to run to the gates that would lead out of the safe zone. He was panting and out of breath with all the running, but he thought he was successful in catching up the group when he saw a large group of players that just walked through the gates and out of the safe zone. Khrysaor shouted out to them, "Hey, wait up guys!" and when he was finally able to reach them, he placed his hands on his knees panting hard trying to catch his breath. He looked up to them and asked, "Are you the guys that are going to look for a dungeon, because if you are could I join in as well?"

Zandras smile disapeared and her raised arm fell down. The vice commander completly ignored her. Zandra crossed her arms and stared at the huge man."Ey Mack! Im talking to you. You think players gonna join your little gathering when you ignorece them? There is also the, Alone is strong!" She had started to like the man when they did the traveler quest together. But now he had ignored her twice.

Also Zandra felt the heat. Thou she had a secret weapon. Her hand swiped a few times in the air infront of her. Some moments later her Dark angel armour was replaced with her old Armour of the northern ice-dragon. It had a faint layer of moisture on the surface. This armour was made by the faint himself and had a special trait, in cold places it warms and in hot places it cools the werer.

After waiting for a long awhile, it seems as though the group has finally arrive. Their noisy complaints were slowly beginning to take shape and swallow the wanderer's mind into an oblivion of nuisances. Before, he broke, however, he remembered, he had made some potions, not too long ago for  cases such as these where people are complaining about the heat. He quickly flicked his finger in the air and opened his inventory. "Here. I only have 2 more of these to spare, so you guys are going to have to make do with what you get."

2 Cooldown potions to trade to anyone wanting them [Cools down the body temperature, perfect for those hot floor in Aincrad]

Edited by Rain

Getting the confirmation she needed from the group's so-called leader, Teion took a brief moment to glance over the other members of their party. Some faces looked more recognizable than others, but only one figure stood out in particular--the most intimidating one among them, perhaps. Teion's gaze lingered on the Vice Commander, a small sense of nostalgia creeping over her before she forced herself to shift her position slightly and draw her eyes elsewhere. She didn't remember the man's name, and she wasn't going to try to bring up weird topics in the middle of a dungeon-hunting group.

As her attention turned back to the group as a whole, Seul addressed them all for just a moment before he turned and set off for what looked like the town's gate. The group began to follow after him, some players trading potions and others readying themselves for whatever battles they would encounter. Content with keeping to herself, the violet-haired woman walked in silence.