July Monthly Mini-Boss Reveal!

Before anyone asks, no I am NOT giving you all of the Boss Information but you will get it (as always) AFTER the July event.

Here is the Pertinent Information that you need:

<<Nerius, the Evil Treant>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2 an unlimited number of players levels 1-24 may join and up to 2 players level 25+ may join.

Ancient_treant_final_small.jpg

Description:

Recently on the second floor, deep at the edge of the forest a new and terrifying monster has been discovered hiding deep in its lair. In a sacred grove of trees located in the exact middle of the second floor a guardian has emerged to protect the local flora and fauna from the depredations of the players who only take, take, take without ever giving anything back. Before more farming can be completed in the area, the guardian of the forest will have to be dealt with.

Requirements:

1. The party may only include 2 Players of level 25 or higher. This time they can use SA up to Rank 3.
2. Only one player in the party may have a Unique Skill.
4. Nerius has a POISON BASED FIELD ATTACK. This hits all players with a Damage Over Time Effect. It is 50% mitigated by the Survival Skill and COMPLETELY mitigated only by an Antidote Potion. Survival only works on the FIELD ATTACK, it does NOT work on any standard attacks with Poison Damage. - (I recommend completing the applicable quest OR obtaining a Healer's Amulet [see below].)
5. For this event the following non-standard items may be obtained and used:

"Healer's Amulets (Artisans) - Grants 75% Immunity from all poison and toxin damage while fighting Nerius. Becomes a VANITY item after the thread. Requires the use of an Uncommon, or higher, quality crafting attempt." - (May ONLY be used for fighting Nerius)

"Flaming Weapon Potions (Alchemists) - A weapon application potion that grants the flaming weapon buff for the duration of the Nerius fight. Works as a +2 DMG potion. CAN BE STACKED with other DMG potions. Requires an Uncommon, or higher, quality crafting attempt." - (May ONLY be used for fighting Nerius)

You are all advised that it would be WISE to have a Teleport Crystal in your inventories. No, I won't tell you why.

Quest Monsters:

Note: Nerius has TOTAL IMMUNITY from Poison Attacks, however any attack that deals Fire Damage (Flame Thorns, Cerberus Soul, etc.) will deal THREE TIMES the normal amount of Damage. Does NOT apply to the use of Flaming Weapon Potions.

Note: All of Nerius' poison attacks are measured independently. So, it's possible for a player to be taking poison damage from multiple Nerius Attacks at the same time.

1. Nerius, the Evil Treant: HP = 2000, Mit. = 0 (That's all you get ahead of time concerning Nerius' stats. I will not that I have put together a special damage table for him though, the stronger your character is the harder Nerius will hit them. That should help balance this fight better. Yes, he has a huge HP pool, but there are NO MINIONS & he has NO MITIGATION so every attack hits at full power.)

Concerning his attacks I will say only this: Nerius DOES have an attack that will continue to affect you IC even after he's dead, if he hits you with it prior to his being killed. Concerning that attack, I will give you these two pieces of information:

1. Make sure you have an escape plan, standard Damage Mitigation can only reduce the inflicted damage by up to 50%.

2. There is a Bonus Escape Method, if on the turn when you would be hit with damage from the attack you may attempt to attack Nerius with a Sword Skill, provided he is still alive. A successful attack will let you hit Nerius and avoid all damage (if you opt for this choice I'll PM the details of it to you, but a certain amount of luck is required to succeed with it.)

Notes:

1. This is a Canon monster and I've tried to create something that is faithful to both the canon and RPG's in general. However, Reki Kawahara provides very little in the way of information about this monster, so I made up a bunch of it. .

2. Suggested level 5-39.

3. This mob is capable of killing low-level players and they will be Mod Controlled. You have been warned.

I'm not revealing when the sign-up and thread will be put up. To do that would be to give an unfair advantage to the High Level players that want to take part. I am the only person with that information.

Players Level 25-39 will be RESTRICTED to TIER 1 weapons, armor, and consumables. That's the same as always.

This fight should prove to be much beefier than the previous ones. Still, provided they are looked after by their teammates players from Levels 1-4 should be able to do this with an acceptable amount of risk.

There's also a marvelous LOOT SURPRISE in this one.

I've been trying to think of a tree pun for the past ten minutes, I am pretty stumped...  Are the artisans/alchemists able to craft these items now or is it only possible during the release of the official  boss thread? ^^

Really sweet design by the way

Edited by Hydra
3 hours ago, Mack said:

@Rain, precisely. Regardless of the rarity (uncommon, rare, perfect) it will ONLY give +2 DMG and then only against Nerius.

Since Uncommon Crafts don't get purchased nearly as often as Rares and Perfects, this is a way to unload some of those crafts on willing customers.

:v but i don't save rolls... :x oh well. time to get to werk.

If anyone's wondering. My shop, The Wandering Soul's open for orders and such. A far as I can tell, I'm the only alchemist open... ._. Zandra's still on vaca. Thank you for having me. *bows*

Edited by Rain

Rain mentioned that he's going to be producing the special items, so I'll save him some materials by pointing out that merchant shops (such as mine) have an unlimited supply of teleport crystals and antidote potions if you're wanting to pick those up for this fight.