[OP-F4] The Wanderer's Getting Old

Walking to Frostbite Lake, the wanderer began to tinker with his HUD. This was all last minute, but he decided to throw a little party for anyone who wants to come, to celebrate him getting old. He didn't really expect anyone to come, but for those who did come, it would probably be an experience, they've not seen while being in Aincrad.

As the wanderer reaches the lake, he adds the final touches to his public announcement before pressing send. "Well, that's that." He thought to himself. He had no clue who will show, so it will all be a surprise. Looking up to the sky, the wanderer realizes that it's going to get dark soon, the beautiful stars of Frostbite Lake will soon come out. He better prepare some food and get ready for whoever shows up. With a quick swipe of his fingers, the wanderer takes a little bottle and poured it all around the lake. Soon after, small little white wisps began to wander about the frozen lake and it's surrounding, almost as if they are miniature stars themselves.

- Pyrefly Potion Used -

He then starts taking out a little table and placed sliced up sandwiches. He then takes out a gallon of ice tea from his inventory. As he finishes setting up, he stares at this sadly small table with some food on it. "I hope others bring food."

Edited by Rain

Hikoru sighed and sat in his store on Floor 3, enjoying the alone time he was having. It was hard to not be able to go into town, but he knew that he would eventually earn his Green Crystal again one day. He gave a small sigh and opened the notice board and saw that there was a party of his Wife's original floor, and looked to see it was by Rain, a player he had run into in his times in this game. He sighed and looked around, seeing that he was one of the first to arrive and gave a small smile and wave to Rain as the wisps flew around him

"Hey man, good to see you. Happy Gettin' Older day!" He said with a small laugh

Baldur walked slowly through the snow towards the lake, his legs dragging furrows in the snow as his blue and white haori dragged behind him. He didn't want to be late to the party. He had known Rain for a while, mostly as his Alchemist, but of late the man had begun to become more of a travel companion than just merchant of choice, and Baldur wanted to be there on his birthday to further build that friendship and alliance.

As he neared the lake, the snow seemed to grow a bit more shallow so that he could walk about easier. At this time, he saw will-o-wisps floating about a table with some food and drink. Near his silver haired friend Baldur saw a face he knew, but a man he did not.

"Ohayo, Rain.  Tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu!" He smiled broadly at his friend and gave him a slight bow of respect.

"Sorry I didn't bring anything, I was just trying not to be late." He looked over at Hikoru and nodded to the man, "I know we've crossed paths, but I don't think we've been formally introduced. I am Baldur."

Zandra was sitting at a chair in her store at sixteen, bored to death. She wished there would happen something. Hopefully something fun. That was when her wish got answered. A notice of a birthday party was sent to her inbox. It was from Rain. A smile grew on her lips and she immediatly left the house to attend to her fellow alchemists birthday party, specially since he visited her beach party. Thou she grabbed aa couple of potions before leaving, with a sinister smile.

The female healer arrived at snowfrost lake where there already was two guests. Zandra immediatly spotted another thing as well. Several fyreflies flew around the area. Zandra swiped and a few moments later she held a bottle with iceblue liquid. Shattered across the area, half a dozen of ice-spikes shot up from the ground in a slight angle. The large icecrystals reflected the light from the fyreflies. It also lit up the area around the ice, or would have done if there would have been darker.

"Heya there Rain. Many gratulations on the borthday. How many years have it been now? If its okay I ask.." Zandra said with a friendly smile to the host."Do you like the ice or shall I remove it?" She swiped in the air and some moments later she held a bottle with orange liquid in it."I can remove it in a second if you want."

As the wanderer stood there, munching on some sandwiches which he had, a few people began to stop by. First was Hikoru, but not soon after was Baldur. "Konnichiwa. Hikoru... Baldur-san." The wander then proceeded to bow to Hikoru then back to Baldur. "Arigatou gozaimasu!" Although for gaijin, Baldur seemed to know a lot about Japanese culture. Over the many months the wanderer has been here, he's grown to respect that and has treated him like another japanese soul. As the wanderer slowly raised his head, another familiar face came happening by, with her own little mess of potions. She simply waltz around spreading her spikes of ice before greeting the wanderer, Almost as if paying him back from what he did at her own party. "Yo.. Zandra." The wanderer tried to keep a smile on his face, he wasn't entirely pleased with the ice, but he also didn't really care much for it. The only thing that was on his mind was, "Do you mind getting rid of the ice? Those spikes could hurt people while they're ice skating and yeah.. unless you can dull them up a bit. Then it'll be fine. I don't want people dying at my party." The wanderer stayed calm, and said his peace.

As he looked around, he had hoped more people would come, but it's still early in the evening so you'll never know what happens.

"You have picked one of my favorite spots for your party." Baldur said to his friend with a smile.

"Though I'll admit I have yet to go ice skating out here. That's a lovely thought that never crossed my mind."

He looked out over the frozen lake, and along the horizon. This was, arguably, the most beautiful floor, and it was a favorite by many. Hopefully they were out of their emo and darkness phase of the tower and could find more floors like this one. Though the recent Greek themed floor was a welcome change of pace as well. He love the Mediterranean feel.

When Zandra asked how old Rain was, Baldur's hearing perked up to pay attention to the conversation. Baldur was the oldest person in SAO that he knew of, so he was curious how old he'd feel once he heard Rain's age, if he gave it.

"I haven't been here in quite a long time."

The hunter would say in a quiet tone as he ventured forth into the crystalline surroundings.  Though this place was known for quite a few parties and shindigs, the hunter was here for only a split moment.  A reunion of sorts, but it was kept short by the constant workings of the guild, and his own hunting occupation.  Even after that, he has his side business of supporting the merchant that he protects, which he has learned was an NPC.  There were no shortages of surprises within this world, and they were certainly not going to end there.

It seemed that he wasn't the first one here, which was a better result than anything else.  Maybe he'll have a better time at this party than any of the others that had taken place before, as he avoided them for a certain reason.  That reason was a particular member of his guild, but not the one that he presently visited for.  To this, the hunter gave a sigh of relief, but still kept his guard up for the unsuspecting.  They were in a safe zone, but that didn't mean that things could get out of hand quickly.

Taking a few more steps in, the hunter would see more of the lake and the random assortments of shards scattered around.  It was around there that he saw the birthday boy himself with his silver hair that could probably blend in with the hues of the snowy backdrop.  He gave a short wave with his first two fingers extended outwards from his fist, before giving a curt greeting.

"Howdy, Rain!  Getting a little older now, huh?"

Zandra smirked when Rain answered her question about what he thougth about the ice-spikes Zandra had summoned. She noodded.''Thought you would say that.'' She took the other potion she had taken forth with the one that made the ice-spikes shoot up from the snow. She threw the potion on one of the ice spikes, the bottle shattered into thousand pixels that faded out. A few seconds later the spikes got a slippery surface as they slowly started to melt. A minute or two later, the only sign that there had ever been anything was a small spot of still unfrozen water.''There, now that is done.'' she said with a smile to the party-host.''Maybe it was a little childish of me to pay back like this. Thou I realy like crystals in all shapes. And together with your fyreflies it gave such magical light. But your the host so...'' she finished and shrugged her shoulders.