A bit of information

First of all, hello everyone! In the grand scheme of things, I'm new here, but this isn't my first account on this site. Some of you may vaguely remember Mythic. Played a bit then suddenly fell off the face of the Earth. I was in a weird place in life and I worked a lot, so I kind of lost my creativity. I have no intention of getting back in touch with that character, so I'll let it continue to collect dust. Ideally, I wanted to be done with my journal today.... Friday the 5th... but that's getting pushed back to Monday or Tuesday. I'm still trying to get a feel for the character and it's honestly the first time I've done any sort of character development... or even writing since I left here back in Novemberish. 

I digress, though. I've been reading and rereading all of the guides that currently affect me.Just like last time, it's an overwhelming amount of information so I'm sure I'm going to have a handful of questions by the time my journal is approved. With that being said, I would like some input as far as my character goes.

I know I want a damage dealing and I'm more than likely going to go the two handed straight sword route. That's all that I have though, for starters, could I get some suggestions on how to allocate my skills for that sort of build, also, what are some options for secondary skills that could either compliment that sort of build, or skills that could open up additional roles for my character, for example like a scout? I have no intention to pick up a profession, I don't see it as having a place in my character's.... character.

Thank you guys for any input.

Hi Tread!  Nice to meet you!  I wanted Itzal to become a scout as well and Xion and Baldur pointed me in the right direction.  They told me the best way to go about it is to start off by getting your sword rank really high first, up to about rank four so you can deal massive damage to your enemies.  After that you shoot for getting rank three in search and detect so you can unlock the skill mod reveal, which will help greatly in finding sub-dungeons which a lot of people like.  Soon as you get reveal grandmaster your sword skill and get search and detect to rank four.  After that he began using the other skills I had in mind.  I intended to have picking skill so I could attempt to get loot with chests so he recommended that next.  He then recommended the charge skill.  Only after that did he mention armor skills.  He said to get light armor to rank 3 and unlock athletics.  After that he said to max out search and detect.  And that's where his instructions ended.

Now I do plan on having Itzal be a stealth scout, so when he's in the front lines he plans to wait in hiding until he sees a player who's in a bad situation, then leap from the shadows to help them.  But that comes after everything else.  The ability to fight most monsters with ease as well as finding materials easily will greatly affect level grinding as it will make most threads easier.

This is the order Baldur gave me:

1) Straight Sword (to R4
2) S&D (to rank 3)
4) Reveal
5) GM straight sword
4) S&D to rank 4
5) Picking Rank 1 or 2
6) charge to rank 1 or 2
7) light armor to rank 3
8) athletics
9) max S&D
10) rank 4 armor
11) rank up charge
12) rank up picking

I hope that helps!  Hope to see a fellow scout soon!

If you want to be a pure DPS, I would advise investing all your points into damage dealing skills that have been placed within the game. Here's a list of skills that a DPS really must get in order to be an effect damage dealer. Itzal's build is pretty good in the overall run but if you want to reach the front lines really quick, I would suggest the following skills to be grand mastered in order to get the most damage out of your character:

1. Your Weapon Skill
2. Charge

In this site, there are a lot more tank skills than DPS skills so after you master those two, you should probably get all the mods related to those skills. Then, once you completely Grand master those, you may invest your skill points into other builds such as tank or healer. Honestly, though, I advise working on one thing at a time because it helps you reach the front lines sooner. 100 SP is really hard to achieve, anyway, that's all I got if you want to be a pure damage dealer and not a scout at the same time. ^-^

Getting Search & Detect plus the reveal/detect mods as soon as possible would help you out a lot. Besides quests, sub-dungeons would be one of the more reliable ways to get SP and level up, which will help your progress a lot. Just make sure you can handle the monsters, specifically the boss, and you'll be fine.

(Also, welcome back to the site!)

Ooh, another Two handed sword wielder!!! I'm not alone!

Since you want to go all out damage, these skills are a must for the damage output

Two-handed straight sword skill is a must for obvious reasons, ranking it to 3 to get the x6 AOE Sword art is way more useful than some people think.
Charge, this one gives more damage on the first hit, notet the first hit, which can be good if your own damage is already good, adding on that charge bonus is a nice touch.
Mods for the sword skill like Ferocity is a good thing to have, as it adds damage.

Things that might add onto the damage dealing route is by far
Search and Detect + Reveal mod. This is what you need because you can steamroll most dungeons with your high AOE sword arts. If you can find dungeons, you can get sweet SP and get stronger faster. Get this early-ish on to get a lot of sp quick.

But skills aren't everything, you need some good equipment.
You want a sword to have as much damage as possible, so an x3 Damage weapon is probably the one to go.
Depending on if you want to be able to take a hit, or evade it all, Heavy or Light armor with the Enhancement you would like to go on them.
An accessory would be nice to have, adding on some accuracy for your hits.

I'm no expert on the game myself, but this is what I would do if I wanted to go damage.

(and welcome back :D Even though I don't remember you :i)