[PP-F7] The shadows below <Itzal and Morgenstern>

Itzal watched the snakes reunion and saw them slip into tiny holes in the wall.  Odd.  Odd indeed.  Hey Ulises?  What do you make of this?...  Ulises?...  Ulises!"  Huh?  Oh uh yeah.  I noticed.  Perhaps there's a dungeon beyond there.  If we apply enough force then we might be able to break through but I doubt we have that kind of strength.  Best to find Jonathan first.  .....Ok then.  Itzal didn't know what was going on with Ulises but he wished he'd pull himself together.  He decided to keep going through the cave tunnel and as he did he spotted glowing crystals lighting the way.  He began to run a little slower, suspecting something dangerous.  Suddenly another snake came out of nowhere and he jumped off the floor, pushed off the wall so that he leaped over the snake, which seemed to nod a thank you for not crushing it, and landed past it.  He glanced at it curiously.  Only kind mobs acted like that.  Perhaps it was a quest and not a dungeon he figured.  He turned again and saw Jonathan and sighed with relief.

"I was wondering if I'd find you again.  You didn't have a hard time did you?"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan watched as Itzal came into view and Jonathan sheathed his sword. No, just been following some slithering sound. Any ideas of where to head next? I am quite stumped. I felt like I passed something but my skills in looking suck. Jonathan looked around, If Itzal had come from that way, maybe I was supposed to go the other way in the fork in the road. Jonathan looked around listening into the walls. Slithering sounds seemed to come all around them. Jonathan backed into the wall, and felt his hand pushi into it. Blue pixels appeared everywhere as Jonathan broke a false wall. A corridor moved down in deeper. The snake walls had continued. Something had to go on about these snakes. This way perhaps?

Itzal sighed with relief as Jonathan told him that he had no issues.  As he listened to him and watched the wall vanished he bit his lower lip.  A false wall.  There could easily be a trap and he wasn't very anxious to get caught in one.  Still it was worth a look.  Itzal walked to the entrance and seeing that it was pretty dark pulled out a glowing crystal and threw it down.  As the stone went tumbling down three skeletons were lit up.  They didn't seem to notice them but rather looked at the stone curiously.  All three had a tiny round shield and short swords.  The pathway wasn't very wide but Itzal could run up the wall and over Jonathan if need be.  As the skeleton reached down to observe the crystal Itzal drew Retributor silently.

"You go in first.  When I give the signal duck and I'll strike and retreat.  Then you advance and we'll keep going that way."  Itzal knew Jonathan could handle this sort of stuff and they needed the col and materials anyways.  Plus it gave them something to do.  He needed the practice as most of his foes didn't have swords.  He prepared to strike, thinking about the way he was going to advance.

Jonathan watched as Itzal chucked a small green glowing crystal down the path. I thought I was the only one to use those... Three skeletons came into view. Jonathan smiled and pulled out his golden sword which casted a faint light as he crept forward. Jonathan smiled as he watched the skeleton's curiously look at the small crystal. Jonathan took a big breath and let out a great <<Howl>> that echoed across the cavern and drew in the skeleton's attention. Jonathan smiled and moved forward drawing in the attention. He swung his sword from side sto side, the path giving him just enough room to do so. The skeletons charged him, but they were too far back to get to him in time.  He smiled and ducked quickly, allowing Itzal to leap over him. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Jonathan 68/68

Itzal 92/92

Skeleton A 46/46 3:Jonathan

Skeleton B 46/46   3: Jonathan                               

Skeleton C 46/46 3: Jonathan

Skeleton D 46/46 3: Jonathan

OOC- Wow.  Terrible night.

Itzal watched as Jonathan used howl once again and drew the attention of the three....  Wait a fourth one?  Surprised that there would be a fourth coming out of nowhere.  He shook his head to concentrate.  Now was not the time whatsoever.  With the skeletons focused on Jonathan, he ducked and gave Itzal a clear shot over him to strike the enemies.  Itzal called out to Ulises.  You ready?  Yeah let's do this.  Itzal smiled as they charged forward.  He leaped onto the wall and.....  Two things happened in the second that followed.  Ulises felt a sharp pain once again and could feel his very code alter and piece together within a nano second, but long enough for an AI such as himself to lose focus and even mess up Felix.  When the pain was gone he sighed and panted, knowing that something was clearly wrong and he needed to find out what.  The second thing that happened was Itzal blacking out for half a second from the event and falling onto the ground, rolling under the skeletons who charged Jonathan.  Itzal groaned but was too confused to notice that Ulises had withdrawn very very deep inside.

ID#  67764

BD:  1

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal moved above him and he then something wrong happened. Itzal winced and crumpled down to the ground, the color draining from his face. Jonathan watched as the Skeleton's advanced on Itzal. Jonathan grimaced and he dashed forward. Fear and rage powering his attack. The Skeleton's returned their attention to him and swung their swords in Unison. Jonathan blocked, taking minimal damage but also caused the Skeleton's to fall back as they struck him losing health. Jonathan grabbed Itzal, his hands were almost as cold as Ice. He drug him backwards, keeping his attention focused on his wounded ally. 

Spoiler

ID#  67806   BD:  2   CD:  2   MD:  8

Jonathan 64/68

Itzal 92/92

Skeleton A 32/46 3:Jonathan

Skeleton B 32/46   3: Jonathan                               

Skeleton C 32/46 3: Jonathan

Skeleton D 32/46 3: Jonathan

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal took Jonathan's hand and rose to his feet.  As he did he sent a mental message.  Ulises what happened?  Ulises?!  ULISES?!  Itzal heard no reply from Ulises and although he could feel his presence it was clear he was deep inside his realm and of no help to him.  He shrugged Jonathan's hand off.  "We need to get this over with.  Talk later k?"  Itzal's blade began to glow red as he prepared his sword art.  He had no idea what Ulises was doing but it had to wait until afterward.  He blasted toward the extra skeleton and shoved him past the others, striking over and over at the monster with his sword art until he finished the blow with an uppercut that sent the monster far back into the tunnel as a shower of crystals.  Itzal turned around glaring at the skeletons who were a bit frightened by Itzal now and began to back away slowly toward Jonathan.  Itzal needed this fight to end fast so he could handle Ulises.  "Alright who's next?"

ID#  67844

BD:  5 + 1

CD:  11

Result

--------------

Jonathan:  64/68

Itzal:  92/92  <>  16/23  (- 8 + 1)

Skeleton 1: deceased  (base 6 + Howling Octave - 11 MIT = 37 dmg)

Skeleton 2:  32/46

Skeleton 3:  32/46

Skeleton 4:  32/46

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal's eyes fluttered open and he helped him up. He insisted the battle got done with quickly and annihlated all of the enemies. Jonathan looked forward and dashed. He had to do some damage. He slashed forward but it done nothing to the three swords that blocked him. Jonathan pushed off the skeletons and backed up. Jonathan left the floor to Itzal as he had knocked the skeleton's off of their balance. You got this Itzal. You can finish another off. You seem to have better percision. 

67900 BD:2 MD:1 CD:7 Wounds healed

Jonathan 68/68

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC- remember, I won't completely kill them until I get a good LD roll.  If all their health is one point lower I can one hit ko them all so when that happens I'll be able to kill them once I get a good roll

Itzal nodded to Jonathan and charged the skeletons.  His sword glowed once again as he charged and the skeletons raised their weapons to block the attack but he wasn't about to ko them yet.  He needed their hp to be just a little bit lower.  He was good with calculations and knew that they were literally one point away from death's gates.  He jumped over their heads and preformed the lowest AOE skill he had, dealing one damage to each of them.  As he landed beside Jonathan he whispered into his ear.  "Now I can one hit them if you keep them off my back ok?  Do that and we should be good."  He leaped at the recovering skeletons and jumped past them.  They swung but he had his sword against his back and the weapons deflected off of him, dealing no damage and no harm.

ID#  67901  BD:  10  CD:  5  LD:  1 + 5

Result

------------------

Skeleton 1:  Dead

Skeleton 2,3,4:  31/46 (i'm not calculating the crit cause they have 11 MIT :p)

Itzal:  92/92  <>  14/23 energy

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan nodded to Itzal. He stood in front of the man, waiting for him to make the final blow. The Skeleton's might get caught on his throns though. Jonathan steeped forward and looked at the approaching skeletons. The rose their swords and Jonathan shoved his shield into his opponents trying to get them off guard. Jonathan kncoked the Skeletons off completely but failed to mage to get a succeseeful. He waited for Itzal to make an attack. He seemed to be biding his time for something. What Jonathan had no idea. 

Edited by Morgenstern

ID#  67960  BD:  8  LD:  13 (9+5) good enough

Itzal saw his opportunity and took it.  Leaping into the air he charged his sword art and unleashed it in a blast of energy upon the three skeletons, striking them with enough force to shatter their bones into bone meal.  As soon as he landed he entered his mind and began digging for Ulises, but the barriers he placed around himself were too thick and slippery.  "Dang it Ulises!  What the hell is going on?!"  No response from Ulises' private realm.  Itzal tried everything from persuading Ulises, bribing Ulises to attempting to smash down the barrier but nothing was working.  Itzal gave off an exasperated sigh.  Fine.  If he wanted to keep this hidden so be it, but he'd learn the truth before long.  Itzal withdrew from the deep corners of his mind and turned to Jonathan.

"Ulises suddenly vanished into his realm.  Won't tell me what's up or anything.  I'm going to have to wait till a better time I suppose..."

Lightning Fall used.  Itzal:  92/92  <>  0/23 energy

All skeletons defeated!  Itzal and Jonathan gain 2 MAT as well as four hundred and sixty col each

Edited by Itzal

OOC- You cant just have two ways to rid of Ulises... Mr. Lover boy

Jonathan watched as Itzal, leapt into the air, and brought hell down on the skeletons. He landed and seemed worried. He returned his gaze to Jonathan and said that Itzal, was not speaking. Jonathan shrugged. He had no problem with that. A break from Ulises... Jonathan kept his sword out and advanced. A faint golden light leading the way. Hopefully the skeletons were done in this path. The snake sound returned as Jonathan got deeper. Except for the fact that there were many, many more. Jonathan shuddered. He did not like snakes. They eventually came to a room, that was lit by torches. The room was different though. It held two pillars in the center of the room, each adorning a dark crytal, that gleamed faintly in the dark. 

OOC- First off, stop that.  Second, this is an effect of the cardinal system.  It's only after that thread Ulises realizes what it was the whole time

Itzal watched as Jonathan advanced down the hall with his weapon still drawn.  He followed suit, his eyes scanning the walls for anything of importance or possible dangers.  As they crossed the floor he began to hear snakes and noticed holes similar to the ones the snakes had crawled into earlier.  He was wondering if the dungeon would have something to do with snakes.  Suddenly he felt something by his feet and lifted his right foot, noticing a snake.  The creature seemed to look up at him curiously and Itzal smiled at the thing.  Judging by it's actions it wasn't a hostile mob, but probably in this place for the sake of effect.  He lowered his hand and allowed the snake to climb up his arm.  The creature hung on his arm with it's head near Itzal's own, watching whatever he watched.  As they entered the room Itzal also noticed the pillars and the unusual crystals.  He pulled a black crystal out of his inventory and compared the two.  Nope, these were completely different than collectable materials.  So this could either be the entrance to the dungeon...  Or a trap...  Itzal turned to Jonathan.  "What do you think?"

Jonathan looked at Itzal, to seen what he thought but Jonathan was clueless. Well there really is only one way to find out... Jonathan stepped forward to the crytals and one immediately faded as his sword came close. A strange voice filled the air. The raspy voice said, Enter the gate of Shadows... Meet the Shadows Below... Jonathan stepped forward entranced by the voice. This really was the only way to head on. He was also curious to what these shadows were. The walked forward then touched the crystal with the tip of his index figure. Instantly everything went black. From Itzal's point of view, He would see Jonathan's figure become jet blade then sink into the floor. 

Jonathan tried to move, but a cold, force held him still. It began hard to breathe and Jonathan tried to scream but no sound came out. He was drowning from the darkness. His vision returned and he seen strange things. Everything was completely black, yet Jonathan could see perfectly. He looked down at his hands to see that they were transparent. He was nothing more than a shadow. He could still walk, and grab things but something itched him to go forward. A path went straight forward, whispering for him to move on. Itzal? You here?

OOC- I love what you did there.  Now we have two elements for the dungeon:  Snakes and shadows.

Itzal watched as Jonathan approached the crystal and stopped suddenly, as if he heard something.  "Something wrong?" he asked.  Then Jonathan let his sword make contact with the crystal.  What Itzal saw shocked him completely and he leaped at his friend but stopped when he saw him enter the floor.  Itzal wondered if it had been a trap after all.  He looked at the snake.  "What do you think?  Is that a trap?"  The snake, having been familiar with this crystal as it lived here, knew for a fact that it was no trap.  The snake shook it's head at Itzal and he sighed a relief.  He looked at the second crystal and reached for it, suddenly hearing a voice in his own head.

"Enter the gate of shadows.  Meet the shadows below...."  The voice vanished but the moment he heard the voice he tried to analyze it in his head.  It honestly sounded like a woman, trying to seduce him or something.  Still, he was ready to find his friend and touched the crystal.  Immediately he entered the state Jonathan was first in.  Hard breathing?  Been there done that.  Itzal steadied his breathing, slowing it so that it didn't hurt so much.  He realized that there was nothing to see and thus the darkness, no longer wondering, let alone fearing what was inside.  When he emerged into the other realm he observed his surroundings as well as himself and, recalling every movie game and show involving shadow people or realms, knew that he was in one.  He felt movement and saw the snake was still with him.  He gestured to the passage.  "We might as well get moving."

Jonathan waited a second, but Itzal never showed up. They had been separated once more. Stupid traps. Jonathan moved forward, his sword in front of him. He felt lighter, and much faster. AS Jonathan took another step, he found another room. As he stepped inside, he heard the voices again. "Enter the gate of shadows.  Meet the shadows below...." Jonathan moved forward a found a gigantic snake. It slithered upward coiling, in a random directions. Finally it turned to look at him. Jonathan observed it more carefully. The snake was in the same state as Jonathan. Nothing more than a shadow. But something was different. It glowed. It radiated light that lit the room. Jonathan remarked at its beauty before he heard a voice.

A Rasping Woman's voice spoke, not in Jonathan's head, but echoed across the halls. "Enter the gate of shadows.  There you will meet the creature that plagues this realm. Free me from this place so I can return to my children... "Enter the gate of shadows.  Fight the Plague. Jonathan thought for a short second. The crystal was not the gate of Shadows. It was just a mere teleport key to "The Shadow Realm" This snake however must have been at least one of the Shadows below. 

OOC- Let's hope we find the freaking dungeon soon.  We may run out of ideas in this realm XD

Itzal walked down the hall attempting to get bearings about where he might be.  He noticed that he had no mini map but that only made him grin.  If there was no mini map then he could make a map himself.  He quickly pulled out a sheet of paper and a pencil and quickly drew a marking as the entrance.  Once the marking was there he checked the length of the passageway.  It didn't seem too large but he decided he should still draw by yards since there could easily be much more to this realm than he could see.  As he began to move forward his eyes caught everything while he drew at the exact same time.  He wasn't the best artist but he could easily draw lines, symbols and numbers.  He drew a legend system on the side but only placed corridor as a straight line and room as a square.  He didn't know what was in this shadow realm and didn't know what to expect.  Thus he needed to draw only what he knew of.  Light seemed to have little to no value whatsoever in this realm.  As he reached the end of the corridor he saw it connected to another one that was much longer and he could turn left or right.  He drew the middle on his map, connecting the two lines, and turned right first.  He saw a door up ahead to the right so he'd try there first.

OOc Our hopes are on you XD

Jonathan watched as the room began to dim and the Snake faded into the darkness. Jonathan sighed and moved forward. He examined the features of the walls. They were curved elegantly as if he were in a mansion. Jonathan made the next right and found a plain wall with a simple words etched into it. Here lies the source of the plague, thou who enter, prepare to exit changed from upon entering. Jonathan had to somehow bring Itzal to this area. He was the only chance of finding the door. It would be practically impossible for Jonathan to find it, but Itzal was a far different story. Jonathan yanked out his sword and slammed it into the ground, casting a brilliant display of golden light, that began to trickle and spread the falls like mist. A hissing sound was emitted as the shadows were casted backward. That should get Itzal's attention

Itzal approached the door and turned the knob.  Inside appeared to be a bedroom.  There was furniture everywhere, a carpet, mirrors.  The bed looked fit for a king, or queen.  Seeing as how it was a bedroom Itzal scanned the area quickly to make sure nobody was inside before moving to investigate.  As he walked in he quickly wrote the word bedroom on the map.  He walked over to the dresser and saw multiple things such as pieces of jewelry, including rings, bracelets, and earrings, all with either a design or symbol that resembled a snake of some sort.  He glanced at the snake that rested on his arm and shoulder and it did...  Whatever snakes did to shrug.  Itzal continued to look around and on a tiny table by the bed was what appeared to be a music box.  Itzal looked at it for a bit when it suddenly began to play what sounded like a lullaby.  It was a very soothing and beautiful sound and he pulled out a second paper to draw anything that seemed important.  When he was done drawing it the song repeated and he puled out a recording crystal.  Maybe he could duplicate the song when he made some crafts.  The song was almost done when the snake constricted a bit.  Itzal looked at the snake, who seemed to be staring at the doorway.  Confused Itzal turned around and saw a woman.  A human girl about twenty six years old.  Besides the shadowy grayness her only features were long flowing hair that went down to her shoulders, flawless skin, a flowing dress that he might see at a prom, and eyes that gave off nervousness, caution, and yet at the same time gladness.

Edited by Itzal

OOC nothing to my brilliant display of lights?

Jonathan yanked his sword out of the floor of shadows. Jonathan fell to the floor sitting down. His display of lights had taken out his energy. The shadows began to return and Jonathan began to to returned to his light and shadowy state. He had appeared to use light from a sword art to drive back the shadows. He did not see how that was a mechanic but it had worked. He stood and sheathed his sword. Hopefully Itzal would come. Jonathan seen potiental in this doorway, and if Itzal could make it soon. He might have gathered the attention of something other than just Itzal. Perhaps some mobs. He had casted quite the display of lights.