[PP-F7] The shadows below <Itzal and Morgenstern>

Itzal listened to Jonathan and nodded.  He turned to the corridor.  This would be his first attempt to find a sub dungeon and he was a bit excited.  He and Ulises scanned the walls, searching for any possible error, like an indent, cracks, different shade in color.  He also felt the wall as they progressed, feeling for anything out of the ordinary.  Velnia did the same on the other side but to no avail.  There was no secret entrance of any sort.  This would be a whole lot easier if he had the mod reveal, but he wasn't there yet.  He needed to unlock rank three search and detect first, then collect nine sp to unlock reveal.  Only then would dungeon seeking become easier.  He shook his head.

"None over here.  We're going to have to go deeper into the cave."  As they made their way down further, Itzal pulled out his glow crystal and handed one to Jonathan.  "What sort of monsters do you think will lurk in the dungeon?  I'll be honest I thought we'd see some dwarf npc's in the town.  I'm a little disappointed."  Velnia flew by and landed on Jonathan's shoulder, rubbing her head against his cheek.

ID#  66433

LD:  7 + 5 = 13  (Goal:  18-19)

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan nodded as Itzal replied that there was nothing. Jonathan listened to the next remark.  "What sort of monsters do you think will lurk in the dungeon?  I'll be honest I thought we'd see some dwarf npc's in the town.  I'm a little disappointed."  Jonathan nodded. I figured this would be a dwarf floor two, but... Things aren'y always how they should be, are they... Jonathan felt something land on his shoulder and touch his cheek. Jonathan turned his head and seen Velnia land on his shoulder. He patted the dragons head and Jonathan took the steps up to go forward into the cave. The cave went up instead of down like most of the dungeons he had been in. He listened caarefully hearing moving sounds in front of him, but he did not see anything. 

As they descended the dark corridor, Itzal shook his head.  "Perhaps Kayaba wanted dwarves to make an appearance in the higher floors.  Who knows?  Either way I hope dwarves don't end up being the enemy the dungeon.  I love dwarves.  Video games, fantasy books, especially the inheritance cycle.  Dwarves are awesome."  He scanned for anything when the tunnel opened up into a large cavern dotted with large glowing crystals.  At least that's what he had become used to.  This cavern was completely different.  Dotted across the cavern were large rocks that glowed at a dim level, barely lighting the area.  Thousands of strange rock formations shaped as stairways and bridges, creating what seemed like a 3d maze.  Itzal couldn't help but whistle.

"Hey uh.  You didn't happen to work on you're searching skills have you?  This may take a while."

Jonathan had his sword out at thOOC-- I am trying to get you to spawn some monsters...

Jonathan listened to Itzal fantasize about dwarves. Jonathan plowed through the cave. The layout had changed from a dark and damp corridor to a rocky corrdor, where rock made up everything. Jonathan walked across and stone bridge, that seemed pretty sturdy. He had his sword out at the ready. It was a bit to quiet right now to be entering a dungeon. He heard a question behind him. 

"Hey uh.  You didn't happen to work on you're searching skills have you?  This may take a while."

No, I have never worked on anything besides combat... Anyway right now Im aiming to be indestructible....

Jonathan glanced backward, and then returned to move forward. I wonder if there is any treasure down here...

OOC I'll be on my phone so sorry for crappy posts XD

Itzal listened as his poor joke went over his friend's head and shrugged.  He scanned the area and decided they should cross the large stone bridge ahead of them, which led to what seemed like a huge stone colom with a flat surface for them to walk on.  It was the perfect spot to scan the overall area and allow them to get a good feel for this place.  Itzal pointed.

"If we head over there I can check out this place easier."  as they crossed the bridge however, Itzal notices some movement and stopped Jonathan.  Crawling from underneath the bridge rose two skeletons in the front.  As they rose to their feet they each drew a sword.  Itzal was beginning to draw his own sword when he heard movement from behind and his heart sank as he spotted two more skeletons behind them.

"Ambush.  Gotta admit this was a well laid trap.  You ready?"

Mob details:  4 skeletons.  46 hp.  11 mit.  40 dmg.

Jonathan watched as two skeletons, climbed over the side of the bridge, and in front of him. He heard Itzal say ambush, and Jonathan turned around. Two more were behind. Jonathan grimaced and yanked his sword out of its sheath. Jonathan readied himself, and blocked an attack from the Skeleton in front of him. He watched as the Two skeleton's behind them advanced on Itzal. Jonathan let out a <<Howl>> and the Skeleton's eyes flashed and they advanced on him, not minding Itzal.  I got them on me, now take them down quickly!!! Jonathan shoved the skeleton's in front of him back. They were putting up quite the fight. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 68/68

Itzal 92/92

Skeleton A 46/46 

Skeleton B 46/46

Skeleton C 46/46

Skeleton D 46/46

Take them down quickly he thought.  They had patterns yes but that didn't mean that it would be that simple.  He waited for the two skeletons to pass by before striking back at one of them with howling octave, cleaving about three fourths of it's health away and dropping it straight into the red zone.  It turned it's glowing red eyes on him with pure rage and he saw it's approach changed, therefore going to use a different tactic and pattern.  He waited for the monster to strike at him before parrying the blow with a flick of his sword, watching the base of the monster's sword with the edge of his eye as he stared into it's sockets, identifying where the blade was turning and beating the monster there with his own sword.  There was no way this monster would get the better of him, and with this creature focused on him Jonathan should have no problem dealing with three minor skeletons.  If he weakened the three of them enough Itzal might be able to finish them all off with a single blow.

ID#  66524

BD:  6

CD:  11

Result

---------------

S1:  9/46  (6 base dmg + howling octave - 11 MIT = 37 dmg)

S2:  46/46

S3:  46/46

Itzal:  92/92  <>  17/23 energy (+2 recovery/meditation - 8 howling octave)

Ability discovered:  All monsters from this point forth will have full hate against the player that puts them in the red zone

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

OOC sorry for the delay. I am gonna guess that Skeleton is after you now?

Jonathan watched as Itzal struck one of the  skeleton's bringing it into the red zone. The skeleton then began to go after Itzal. What? I used howl... Why is that one after Itzal... Jonathan grabbed his sword. He could deal enough damage to get these things to yellow when he got a hit and got them to hit. Jonathan smiled darkly, and his sword began to glow a bright gold. He charged forward.  Slashing at the enemies. His advance was quickly stopped from the two skeleton's. He blocked the twos in front of him's advance and then the third one from behind. He quickly spun around, and blocked the slash from the fourth striking at Itzal. I must go faster! Or else we will be blocked everytime. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 68/68

Itzal 92/92

Skeleton A 9/46 

Skeleton B 46/46

Skeleton C 46/46

Skeleton D 46/46

66702 BD:3 MD:1

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal and the skeleton struck at each other, each parrying and deflecting, seeking for a way to break through the others defenses.  Back and forth they went and while the skeleton was definitely strong, Itzal was fast.  Dodging and evading any strikes he could he would counter with a flurry of strikes that forced the skeleton to either back up or keep it's sword close to it's body.  Finally Itzal watched as the skeleton's foot began to step onto a rock and he leaped into the air over the skeleton.  As the skeleton backed up to hit him, it's foot stepped on the rock and tripped, flipping over in mid air.  As it did Itzal released Vorpal strike, a dark red flash temporarily lighting up the room before observing the thousand white crystals shatter and scatter in the air.  When he landed he glanced at Jonathan who was taking the three skeletons on.  He knew he didn't need to worry but it was a lot to take on at once.  Itzal knew.  He was glad that he took out one of the skeletons so Jonathan didn't need to handle all four.

ID#  66734

BD:  8

CD:  8

MD:  3

Result

----------------

S1:  deceased (6 + vorpal strike - 11 MIT = 19 dmg)

S2:  46/46

S3:  46/46

S4:  46/46

Jonathan:  68/68

Itzal:  92/92  <>  12/23 energy

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal obliterated the first skeleton, bring him back the attention. Jonathan faced the upcoming skeletons. He grimaced but stepped in striking at his opponent. Jonathan's blow was glanced, so he shoved the two back with his shield. The other one came from behind, but Jonathan sidestepped and made it fall forward. All three Skeleton's were in front of him, allowing Jonathan to come in with a strike. His sword glemaed a bright gold, and he shot forward. He struckup down, right left, and an energy square engulfed the skeleton's kncoking them back. The advanced forward but Jonathan defended most of it with his shield. Jonathan  backed away. 

S1: Dead

S2:  19/46 -27 (24-11=13+14 Thorns=27)

S3:  19/46

S4:  19/46

Jonathan:  65/68

Itzal:  92/92

Edited by Morgenstern

Once again Jonathan managed to reduce the three monster's health down greatly, allowing Itzal to take them all down with a single stroke.  His sword glowed dark red as he thrust his blade through each Goblin's skull, activating sharp nail.  With that strike the three skeletons shattered into pieces.  The loot menu popped up and Itzal grinned when he saw nine hundred and twenty col as well as four materials.  He split the col in half for the two of them as an even four hundred and sixty col.  He nodded to Jonathan with a grin.

"Nice work!  We're getting good at this aren't we?"  He looked across the cavern again, sighing as he knew this was going to take a while.  He walked to the high area and took in his surroundings.  He spotted hundreds of cliffs, indented walkways along higher walls, the towers, the ditches, the ravines, the hills.  There was so much it was hard to take it all in at once.  He tried to route out the paths but there were so many possibilities he couldn't do it.  He sighed and stood up.  "We're going to have to do this the old fashioned way.  We're going to need to explore this huge place one small path at a time.  Let's get going."

ID#  66768   BD:  6   CD:  10   LD:   11

Result

---------------

All skeletons deceased

+ 2 MAT each

+ 460 col each

Itzal:  92/92  <>  13/23 (+1 meditation)

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan sheathed his sword and walked forward. Itzal split the monies which Jonathan couldn't be happier about. He heard a rattling behind him. It appears there was just a skeletal hand lying down on the ground inching forward. It held a sword in its hand. Is that going to fight us? He watched as the skeletal hand plunged the sword into the bridge. Jonathan laughed, but quickly stopped as he seen the bridge rumble. Impossible... The bridge shattered, and Jonathan and Itzal fell into the darkness below. 

Jonathan opened his eyes with a groan. He looked around. He could faintly see, that they were in a tunnel of some sort now. He stood and looked for Itzal. Itzal? Are you down here? Jonathan seen a faint light in the distance. They surprisingly seemed farther into the dungeon. Not held back. Itzal? YOu are down here too right?

OOC- Wow!  That was a pretty good twist!  I salute you sir!

Itzal felt the bridge begin to crack before it rumbled.  Before he realized it he began to scan the ground for where the cracks were and placed his footing properly.  However despite having placed his feet in the proper area the way of collapse was unpredictable and Itzal fell off the stone and began to fall.  When he landed he fell on a slope and began to roll farther and farther down.  As he rolled he wondered how far this slope went until it finally stopped.  He hit the bottom hard and took a while before he could start breathing again.  When he could he sat up and glanced at his surroundings.  It looked like he was in a cave in the cavern.  Unfortunately the entrance was so small that Itzal doubted he would have seen it at all.  Realizing that he knew Jonathan would never be able to find him.  He stood up and dusted himself off before taking out a small glow crystal.  The cave wasn't very big and seemed to go onwards for a while.  Realizing he had nothing else he could do he drew an arrow on the ground towards the cave, just in case Jonathan actually managed to find this cave, and made his way inside.  Who knows?  Maybe it would get him back up to the cavern.

OOC- If you're searching for this specific cave a natural 20 on the ld is needed

OOC That is dead near impossible

Jonathan moved forward. There had to be a way out. Jonathan slipped into his inventory and pulled out the green crystal from nimbus he had grabbed as soon as he had gotten there. A faint light lit the rocky corridor. Jonathan looked around seeing an opening. Jonathan moved forward. He entered the cave and looked for any sign of Itzal. None. They had been separated. Jonathan sighed and moved on the path in front of. Jonathan continued on the path until he came into a large roc that blocked his way. Jonathan sighed and examined the rock. It wasn't attached to the cave, and there appeared to be a path on the other side. 

Jonathan sighed and backed up. He closed his eyes. He took a breath, and he dashed forward. His sword gleamed a bright gold, and his fell into a blur. He struck the rock, one at the the top, the right, left, and bottom. He kicked off the rock, and moved himself backward. A golden square of energy engulfed the rock, and it shattered. The cave began to rumble and Jonathan dashed forward, making it just in time, before the rock was replaced by the cave collapsing in its place. Hopefully That is not the only way out. 

Itzal made his way through the cave tunnel, keeping his eyes out for any possible exit or hint of secret passages.  He spotted nothing and was becoming worried.  Soon the pathway opened up to a large area, not cavern but it was the biggest parkouring challenge he had ever seen.  Pillars of all sizes, bridges, rocks sticking out of the walls, vines, a river along the bottom coming down from a waterfall.  He identified his exit at the top of the cliff.  But this wasn't going to be easy.  He looked and saw that many of the structures were somewhat weak, or extremely weak, not to mention that they were very spread apart, as well as blocked by walls, spikes, and many various traps.  He started by walking beside the fast paced river to see where it went and frowned as he saw another waterfall that seemed to fall into an ever black abyss.  Itzal stared down the pit for a little bit, adjusting to the fact that the walls of the abyss seemed unclimbable and decided that it would be a good idea not to go swimming under any circumstances.

OOC din't realiza you posted..

Jonathan sheathed his sword, as he continued on the path. He reached the end of his path and the trail took a fork. Jonathan examined the walls and floors. The path on the right had the same structure as his path at the moment. The one on the left, had stone walls and floors. Thinking for a second, Jonathan took the path on the left. If I stay on the same path, I will most likely never move on. Anyway, Itzal probably has the lead... Jonathan walked down the path and noticed etches in the walls. Snakes. Could there be snakes ahead? Jonathan pulled out his sword and hoped for the best. 

Itzal did not have the lead.  Not any whatsoever he thought.  Wherever Jonathan was he must have it better than this.  Itzal would climb the first pillar and observe the course for who knows how long, trying to identify the best course of action, or in other words the proper path to get to the top of the waterfall where the exit lay.  If he had the acrobatics skill that the light armor mod gave then he could get up there easily but as of right now, there was no way to climb the steep slick wall that towered above.  Although Itzal believed himself a master parkourist he knew that no true master would be able to make that.  He and Ulises scanned the pillars, vines and bridges to decipher which would break or collapse under pressure and which would stay sturdy enough for one or two jumps.  They mentally marked them all in different colors and began tracing different paths to see which would fail and which would work out.  But there were so many different paths and so many unsafe options that the more and more they searched the more they began to wonder if this was suppose to have an escape at all.  Then they shook off their doubts as Kayaba wouldn't make a room with no way out.  He was a fair man and there was always a way out.  And so they kept looking.

Jonathan crept forward, the small green stone lighting the way. He moved quietly, making sure nothing was down in the way. As he moved far enough forward he heard a stange slithering sound in the walls. Jonathan took a breath and kept advancing forward. He listened closer and heard a pair of footsteps echoing across the halls. Jonathan looked around then yelled, "Itzal!" The slithering retreated, and Jonathan heard his voice echo. He moved forward, at a jog listening for an answer but also following the sound of the slithering. I can't let that get away, it might be a clue for where the dungeon is... Jonathan came to a fork, and the Slithering went under him and then went silent. 

Itzal finally made it to the top and turned around him as the last shards of the pillar fell and joined the other's in a giant ruined pile.  Well THAT went well.  Hey, we're out and that's what counts.  yeah yeah.  Itzal turned around and began walking down the tunnel.  As he did he heard Jonathan call out, very faintly but still heard him.  He called back but didn't hear any response.  He heard a rattle and turned around swiftly, surprised to see a snake in the cave.  What was a snake doing here?  He watched it begin to slither down the path and saw that there was a fork.  He began to follow the snake as it seemed to know where it was going.  As he followed it seemed to be speeding up and he switched from a walk, to fast walk, to jog, to run, to sprint.  He struggled to keep up with it, especially when it turned down a fork.  Ulises mind giving me a hand?  Ulises?....  Ulises!  Huh?  oh, uh yeah, yeah here you go.  Itzal felt the extra energy pump into him and wondered what that was all about.  He neared the end at last and saw.... Another snake?  He looked closely and saw that they were both black racers.  Black racers....  What were the odds that his black armor's namesake would appear in these caves?

Jonathan looked around the area. The Snake tiled walls went to the left. Jonathan moved forward. There has to be something here. He held out his stone and began to walk down the grim passage. It was dark and damp but Jonathan kept going. The snake tiles ended and returned to normal. Had he just passed something important? Does not matter He had to find Itzal first. He moved down the path. He held his sword out and heard footsteps approaching him. There was something coming to him at a high spped. Jonathan held out his sword and waited for the figure to dwelve into sight. Is it a monster?

67338 LD:12

Edited by Morgenstern