[PP-F7] The shadows below <Itzal and Morgenstern>

Itzal moved his limbs as soon as he could, flexing his body and his muscles to see if anything was broken before recalling that they couldn't in the game.  He watched Jonathan strike at Cax and saw the man fall to his knees, a sort of black mist come from him for a split second.  Itzal was still shaking from the man's words and suddenly the man changed again.  This time he grew taller, seven feet tall with huge thick armor covering his body from head to toe, a great huge two handed war hammer appearing in his hands and a huge cape flowing from him.  The armor and the weapon, the symbols and runes, even the very glow from under the visor all were known to Itzal.  In the real world there was always this one player who was his greatest rival.  In MMORPG's he played as the villain and stopped Itzal's quests right before he finished.  He stole his kills, his money, his experience, by snatching it right before Itzal could.  Itzal was able to keep up with the player but whenever he tried beating him in a tourney or a duel, their stat and gear differences made it a one sided battle.  He stared at the two of them.  "This has gone far enough I think.  It's time to end our little game shall we?"  Itzal wasn't sure if Jonathan was seeing what Itzal was seeing right now but the giant warhammer was swinging in a fashion that would take them both out and he rushed over, pushing Jonathan out of the way just in time.

ID#  69339  BD:  2  CD:  12  MD:  1

Itzal:  400/460  <>  42/46

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan watched as the figure became bigger, came guarded in heaby armor and a visor. He pulled out a huge war hammer. The figure swung it side to side a few times, frore swinging it at Jonathan. He tried to move, to block anything. He couldn't move. Then he realized he was paralyzed. he couldn't move. Could not dodge. Jonathan seen out of the corner of his eye, Itzal trying to push him out of the way. As Itzal tried to psuh him out of the way, Jonathan was hit, sending him sprawling back, taking Itzal with him for a few feet. As Jonathan hit the ground he remembered the Goblin King. The fight was taking as long as this one. Itzal and he were equal level and nothing came into their way. They slayed the first floot as easier than most of the frontliners did when they were there. Jonathan and Itzal had not been as much together training since. Jonathan was usually on the first floor searching for players that wanted help increasing. Jonathan snapped back int reality. 

Spoiler

69356 CD:4 MD:7

Jonathan 321/340 <<27/34>>   +1 energy 50-43=7 damage taken Paralysed

Itzal 400/460

Shadow Of Plague 326/500

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal watched as his friend was thrown across the room from the strike and leaped out of the way before the second strike hit him.  Fearx0 gave a low laugh.  "Lightvorx7, or at least that was your name in the many games we faced each other.  With your little friend out of the way let's have one more bout shall we?  Ha ha ha!"  Itzal looked at the large man before turning to look at Jonathan.  "Jonathan.  Don't intervene unless I'm too low on health.  I need to finish this one on my own."  His eyes narrowed as he recalled all the games they dueled in.  Fearx0 always used the most powerful gear while Itzal had always used swiftness and evasion.  In other games that was a disadvantage.  However, this boss had no MIT which meant he stood a chance.  Itzal took a breath before shooting at the enemy like pure lightning.  Fearx0 swung his two handed war hammer with incredible speed but it paled to Itzal's own.  He dodged the weapon and his sword glowed and Itzal unleashed Howling Octave.  He didn't stand still striking his opponent as he knew Fearx0 would be twisting around and striking with every part of his body as well as his weapon, so he continued to maneuver around him, striking until the sword art was complete and leaped back to catch a breath.

ID#  69364  BD:  10  CD:  10  MD:  3

Jonathan 321/340 <<27/34>> Paralysed

Itzal 400/460  <>  36/46

Shadow Of Plague 246/500  Bleed added:  12 dmg for two turns

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan sat, in silence as he watched his friend and the shadow engage in combat. Itzal, fought hard, striking his opponent multiple times, and getting away without a scratch. Jonathan admired his ability. After a few seconds, Jonathan began to feel his body again and he stood, facing his enemy. Itzal and this shadow happened to have a true rivalry. Alas it was just a memory, made to evoke your emotions. Jonathan began to get up, and charge forward. I can do this, I have to. Jonathan brought down his blade, slashing against the larger figure. The figure retaliated, and struck his blow, causing a lock of swords. Jonathan growled and tried to push against the shadow, but it had no effect against the larger figure. Jonathan pushed off skidding backwards on the ground. He had to wait til Itzal distracted him, or perhaps Jonathan would have to distract the figure. Jonathan looked to Itzal. You hanging in there? Just a little longer, we can do this. He heard the figure laugh at his words and begin to approach. 

Spoiler

69492 BD:5 CD:5 MD:5 

Jonathan 321/340 <<26/34>> 

Itzal 400/460  <>  36/46

Shadow Of Plague 234/500  Bleeding 1/2

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal was pushed away before Jonathan charged the figure.  Itzal was about to warn him but the two ended up locking weapons.  Good, Fearx0 had no interest in Jonathan.  When Jonathan pushed himself away he looked at Itzal and gave him words of encouragement.  Itzal nodded, half focusing as he charged again at Fearx0.  "This time Fearx, this time I'm going to take you down!!!"  As he leaped to the side to avoid the huge knight's hammer a hand shot in front of him, letting Itzal run right into it and trip, falling onto his back.  Fearx0 howled with laughter.  "You've only beaten me once before my friend, and that was when I was a lower level than you!  We are even here.  And once more, for the last time, you will lose."  Itzal tried to get up but the figure swung his two handed war hammer at Itzal like it was golf and sent him flying.  When Itzal landed into the wall he hung there, stunned and dazed.  The armored figure began walking over to Itzal and glanced at Jonathan really quickly as he did so.  "Try anything and I'll rip your skull in half.  We're having a moment after all." 

ID#  69494  BD:  2  CD:  12  MD:  8

Jonathan 321/340 <<26/34>> 

Itzal  343/460  <>  38/46

Shadow Of Plague 234/500  Bleeding 1/2

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as the figure returned his attention to Itzal. Why does he not even care that I am here? He heard Itzal yell the Shadow's name. FearX. The man retaliated smashing Itzal into the wall and began to advance on him once more, pausing only for a moment telling him to back off. Jonathan took a deep breath. My anger does not bring me strength. Jonathan took a deep breath closing his eyes. He had to focus on the enemy. Jonathan opened his eyes and dashed forward, bringing his blade down, as he took a large step. The man dodged ever so slightly. With a growl of rage, the Shadow hit Jonathan with his hammer sending him into the corner of the room surrounded by shadows. He felt paralysis begin, not allowing him to move. He heard a deep laugh and then "I told you not to try anything! Please tell me you are dead, upon that impact...  Jonathan tried to speak, but no words would come out. He felt the shadows begin to envelop him, seeming to claw at his skin, prevented by only his armor. I think the man believes I am dead now. The shadows should completely envelop me, even though they are tearing at my body. 

Spoiler

69557 BD;5 CD: 3 MD:9

Jonathan 309/340 <<25/34>>  321- (55-43) 12=309 HP

Itzal  343/460  <>  38/46

Shadow Of Plague 222/500  

Edited by Morgenstern

OOC- Sorry for the wait.  Also I forgot to mention that in this stage evasion doesn't work on him.  You know, giant two handed hammer? 

Fearx0 grunted when Jonathan made no movement and walked over to Itzal, who was busy trying to pull himself from the wall.  When he did Itzal looked up to see the player's hammer swing down at him and he rolled away just in time.  He grabbed his sword and struck at Fearx0 but the blade simply bounced off of the armor.  The figure laughed before swinging again at Itzal, striking him and knocking him across the field landing beside Jonathan, making an indent in the wall.  "YOU'RE PATHETIC AS EVER LIGHTVORX!!!  You can't even RUN properly."  Itzal got to his feet and his eyes flashed with a blue flare of rage.  "Shut up... shut up Shut Up SHUT UP!!!"  With that Itzal blasted towards his opponent with all the speed he could muster, leaped upward, and unleashed Howling Octave and all his fury upon his opponent, hitting every area where his armor was weakest.  After the strike the player simply stood there chuckling.

ID#  69698  BD:  9  CD:  3  MD:  6

Itzal  286/460  <>  38/46

Shadow Of Plague 166/500  -  2 turns of bleeding:  12 dmg each turn

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

As Jonathan sat in the darkness. He held his eyes shut. He felt the presence of the battle. He felt as Itzal landed next to him, and then voices. Yelling. A flash of blue and then nothing. Jonathan sat in the darkness and cold. Not able to move, due to paralysis. As darkness surrounded him he began to think. This is all just an image isn't it. This entire room is nothing but an illusion that our minds have conjured up. At least that man is. Jonathan seen the image of the man in his head. This is fake. This is just to get inside our heads. The cold around him deepened. They began to leech him away, at his very essence. These are fake. They are trying to get me to give in. Jonathan sat still. Trying to reveal what was really there. The smaller black creatures began to fade. As well as his paralysis. He would not recover fast enough to get an attack in before Itzal did again. Jonathan sat in crouched position, holding his blade out extended. The blade actually began to glow a bright gold, lighting up the corner. He watched as the man noticed. Damn! I thought I Killed you! Stay Out of my way! Jonathan smiled crookedly waiting for the right time. 

Paralysis over. 

He barely noticed Jonathan's state or release until Fearx0 turned to bellow at him.  As he did Itzal charged his sword and leaped at him, so when he turned to Itzal he met a full blast of steel in his face.  He took a step back with a roar of rage before striking at Itzal.  Fortunately he was able to dodge just in the nick of time.  The massive man flinched as blood came out from the bleeding effect and he gave a low rumble.  "This, ends, now."  With that he raised his hammer and sent it crashing down, creating a huge shockwave that knocked both players far back and cracked the ground, creating fissures that went straight down.  One fall and it would be game over.  Itzal struggled to move and watched as the huge, heavily armored man glanced between the two of them.  "You think this will be over?  You both are fools.  This is just a battle in a great war you two.  Even IF you succeed in this battle, I will be back.  And you'll never see me coming."  The figure then positioned himself in a defensive manner and awaited their next move.

ID#  69733  BD:  8  CD:  4  MD:  5

Itzal  286/460  <>  30/46

Shadow Of Plague 98/500  -  1 turn of bleeding left

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan sat in his crouched position watching as the man began to grow crazy, smashing his weapon everywhere. Jonathan tensed as fizzures opened in the floor. His glowing increased until it rose to a maximum. The man began to bellow about how this was a war, and they would lose. Anger envoked Jonathan. He dashed forward, using his Howl skill to increase his vocal abilities. His yell echoed across the room. SHUT YOUR MOUTH! YOU PATHETIC WANNABE! Jonathan became a blur has he dashed at his opponent. He heard the man and watched him turn around. Oh Would you just WHAT! He barely had time to block, as Jonathan crushed his blade into the man's hammer. Somehow, Jonathan overpowered him, causing the man to break out of form. Jonathan took advantage of the unexposed flesh. He hacked at the man repeatedly, striking him. The golden beam of energy slashing at his form. The man began to revert to the black shadow that it was. It would not be able to return to its form. It was much too low on health and energy. YOU SEE. I HAVE REVEALED YOUR TRUE FORM, AND THIS IS WHAT YOU TRULY ARE. NOW FIGHT US FACE TO FACE! Jonathan pushed away from the shadow unscathed. Its health became red, and it bellowed. 

Spoiler

69734 BD;10 Hyper Critical +2 Damage CD:10 Regen + 9HP MD:4

Jonathan 318/340 <<22/34>>  +9HP Regen

Itzal  286/460  <>  30/46

Shadow Of Plague 54/500     -44 HP (Bleeding and Jonathan's Attack)  6+2=8x4=32 DMG

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal watched as Jonathan roared at the boss and struck it with such force which caused it to revert to it's original form.  After the strike it bellowed at them but then stopped.  There was a moment of silence as Itzal breathed heavily from all the action.  Suddenly the figure started to chuckle.  Then his chuckle switched to laughter.  Which then increased in volume until Itzal felt his ears were about to split.  "Jonathan!  Felix!  It has been an interesting, and educational battle with the two of you...  Go ahead.  Finish the job.  I'd say you've earned it after all of this.  But know that this isn't the end.  I will be back.  And this war will take a turn for the shadows, the darkness in your hearts.  The evil you deny, or wish wasn't there.  You think Calming the soul was bad?  Heh.  I can make that look like a bad dream."  The figure continued to laugh maniacally and Itzal couldn't take it any more.  He lunged forward and released Howling Octave, roaring with fury as he did so and the boss finally shattered.  As it did Itzal could feel his hp drop suddenly and the paralysis take effect.  As Itzal fell and lay there breathing very heavily, the room changed.  The fissures, broken walls, all the damage was replaced with what looked like the rest of the shadow realm.  Plain, gray, no color with anything, including Itzal and Jonathan.  In the center of the room was a clear sphere crystal.  The woman walked into the room with a smile.  She waved her hand and his status effect was removed.

"Thank you, thank you both of you, for all you've done."

ID#  69743  BD:  10  MD:  10

Boss is dead!  At long last!

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as the bellowing switched to laughter that echoed across the room. Then the boss said, "Jonathan!  Felix!  It has been an interesting, and educational battle with the two of you...  Go ahead.  Finish the job.  I'd say you've earned it after all of this.  But know that this isn't the end.  I will be back.  And this war will take a turn for the shadows, the darkness in your hearts.  The evil you deny, or wish wasn't there.  You think Calming the soul was bad?  Heh.  I can make that look like a bad dream." Jonathan took a gulp in. The boss should not be able to know his first name. Never mind, It knew everything about him. Jonathan growled, raising his blade, preparing to finish the boss. Itzal already got there first though. The man struck the boss, shattering it. Jonathan sighed, sheathing his blade. The color faded from the room and a glow emanated from the middle of the room. A large Glowing sphere crystal had materialized there. The return to civilization. The woman appeared from the door behind them congratulating them. And behind her was the large serpent Shadow that had told him to end the darkness. Jonathan smiled. The snake said no words just wrapped itself around the crystal fading as color was brought back to it. Thank you, Thank you very much. We'll be here all night! 

Itzal watched as the serpant slithered around the crystal and color began seeping it's way through the realm.  The woman walked up to the two of them, smiling brightly.  "Thanks once again!  If you want to stay for a while you're welcome to.  And if need to go back you're always welcome to come back!"  She gave off a slight giggle when she said so.  Itzal glanced at Jonathan as he took his friend's original concern into consideration.  He was about to state the problem when he stopped himself.  He refrained himself from slapping his forehead as he recalled the minimap.  He'd tell his friend about that later.  They would definitely be able to find this place again Itzal thought.  He smiled to her.  "Yeah don't worry, I'll definitely visit from time to time.  And no problem, it's our pleasure to help you guys out ok?"  He looked at Jonathan.  "So what do you say?  You want to do a little more exploring now that we revived this world?  Or do you want to go back?  I'm cool either way."

@Morgenstern

Jonathan stood watching as the woman came in smiling congratulating, telling them to come back whenever they wanted to. Jonathan smiled, Itzal the replied like they did it on purpose. The luck that they found this place was great. Coming back is a whole new story. Well, Honestly I would want to go back. Seeing how we have been stumbling around in the darkness for hours, I would probably say that it is midnight, or perhaps even morning back at home. I mean she said we could come back, so we can explore a little on a later day. Anyway, How are we supposed to know what is going on in the guild if we are down here. We are probably completely off the maps. I don't believe anyone has mapped a place like this, so we are complete gone from their maps. Jonathan looked over at the sphere. It gave of bright light casting back the shadows. It gave of sense of happiness and life. Jonathan looked back to the two and said, Let's go Itzal, You have spent enough time with your second lady friend. 

He listened as Jonathan voiced his concern about being down here and off the maps.  He turned to his friend.  "We can easily transfer map data you know.  That way the guild will always know where we are.  That's something I'm planning to do:  Scout all the floors and transfer the map data to the guild.  After all, I am a scout."  He turned to the woman and smiled to her.  "And thank you, I will definitely be coming back.  This place is amazing and unique and I cannot wait to explore it some more."  The woman smiled and giggled a little before bowing slightly to him.  "I agree.  Hopefully it will be soon."  Itzal bowed back when he heard Jonathan's comment.  He shot a look at his friend, his cheeks flushing slightly.  "I-she-it's not.  STOP THAT!"  The woman giggled a little more and when Itzal nodded to her and touched the crystal she waved goodbye to the two of them, the snake waving the end of it's tail.  When Itzal and Jonathan returned he looked at his map.  They could go the way they came...  Or...  "We could find a faster way out if we looked.  Or do you want to head back the way we came?"

@Morgenstern

Jonathan could not help but laugh as Itzal's face reddened slightly and then yelled at him. He heard the woman giggle, and he gave a quick wave before turning to the crystal. He touched it and his image began to brighten and then he was quickly sucked into the crystal. A flash of bright colors flew past him and then he was in the mountain cave again. Jonathan heard as Itzal was behind him, stepping forward. "We could find a faster way out if we looked.  Or do you want to head back the way we came?" Jonathan chuckled and said, "We could head back the way we came... if it was not completely destroyed. Remember the bridge?" Jonathan entered through the hallways. They had come from the right, so they should go left. To the left was a stairway going downward. We should go to the left, there probably is a secret area which we can continue up the mountain, but downward is the exit. Jonathan began to move downward. "So how is Kasier? I have not seen her recently. I have been doing a bit of soloing. "

OOC- Remember, we started this thread before Kasier and Itzal got together, so I'll be sticking to that.  We can have our character's catch up later in a different thread

Jonathan pointed to a path and told Itzal it would lead them outside.  Itzal highly doubted it would, since the entrance had taken them downward but he didn't argue.  Even though he was the scout and not his friend, he trusted him.  As they walked down Jonathan asked how Kasier was doing.  He shrugged.  "We last saw each other when trying to find my familiar.  She seemed quiet and bored until we ended up running into a warg.  It was an interesting event.  Half of the wolves were for the warg, and half were against him, so it was literally a civil war as we fought.  Kasier mainly healed me and uh...  Ulises sort of got released near the end.  After the battle she seemed to have a few questions for me.  We actually held a decent conversation too.  We didn't find Velnia but I think we made progress as friends.  She's not as bad as she seems at first."

@Morgenstern

Jonathan looked around as he stepped down. It was beginning to get brighter as they went down, contributing to his suspicion that they were going in the right direction. Itzal spoke of his last meeting with Kasier. Jonathan had not seen her or Mossino in quite a while. And how about your apprentice. Alisa? She has not been heard or spoke of in a while. It is also unlike her to solo. This was a matter Jonathan was actually worried about a bit. Mossino had never been one to solo. Could the woman perhaps have died? Moved to a different group possibly? He liked the second option a bit. Jonathan stepped down the spiraling stone stair case and stepped into the room where the light had come. All around there was no way down, showing that they had hit the bottom of the cave.The room was covered in glowing right blue crystals. In the center was a large silver disk with a blue crystal floating in the center. Hmm. I figure this can’t be nothing. Jonathan smiled stepping onto the silver platform. Itzal, come check this out. He watched as the man walked over. Jonathan tapped the crystal and they began to rise, the ceiling above the opening. After a few minutes of rising, they finally came to a stop and the wall in front of them faded revealing the door they had entered. Well that was convenient. Jonathan smiled and looked over to the man.

OOC- Once again, this was before she left, so we're just pretending she's doing a few solo missions for now

When Itzal heard Jonathan mention Alisa's absence he grinned to his friend.  "Simple actually:  She graduated.  To celebrate she wanted to go on a few solo missions.  She was a bit excited actually.  After all it would be her first time being able to do anything by herself.  It's a big thing let me tell you.  Although I may have had help in the very beginning, the original group I hung out with became a bit lax.  I was determined to level grind though, so I soloed in areas that weren't too dangerous for me.  I still do sometimes."  Then they entered a larger room and when Jonathan spotted the Crystal, so did Itzal.  He nodded as Jonathan called to him about the object and when they activated it, the floor began to rise along with the ceiling.  He looked around with mild surprise.  "It's like an elevator.  I really hope this means dwarves are on this floor," he said with a grin.  When it stopped and they saw the original exit he glanced at his friends.  "This reminds me of all those skyrim caves where you end up back where you started.  Oh well, let's head out.  Better check up on the guild now eh?"

@Morgenstern

Jonathan smiled as he heard where Alisa was. She was soloing. It was a bit unusual for the woman, but at least she was still alive. That they knew of. Jonathan sat quietly on the ride when Itzal started talking about when he became active. Yeah, the same happened to be. I knew a man named Emblem, and I have not heard or see of him lately. Same with many others. I had a friend named Nathan who had the username of Creius. Never seen him again. Jonathan sighed remembering the first player he had talked to in this game. I solo quite a bit. Usually just to grind low floors or do some easier quests. Jonathan Laughed as he heard Itzal mention Dwarves. Next time we are on this floor I will help you find some Dwarves. It should not be that difficult. Jonathan took a breath of Fresh air. It was much better than the musty cave air. Well are you ready to head back? Maybe tomorrow or in a few days or so we can meet again and hunt for dwarves.