[F5-PP] Desert Peril (Zandra, Macradon, Seul) <<The Traveler>>

Spoiler

taokaka_by_kaka_clan-d9h04ul.png

OOC: Current appearance above.

This was one of her first times going out on a real mission, real not including her Earn A Living as it was more a footstep in joining the productive members of SOA society as she now began to strut off her new gear enjoying her new presence as she found a boost of confidence in her own secrecy. Her entire figure concealed behind her new black mask that increased her ability for spotting out materials while her catsuit increased evasion while in combat. Although the prior would be of less use for the girl she didn't quite prioritize her equipment builds as the more beneficial effects were on her outfit and not in the mask. This thread though was going to hopefully be a piece of cake though with both how successful she was as a new tailor as well as her newly found levels that quite honestly shocked herself. Ok, now the key to this whole vigilante deal Rin is that people can't know who you are or what you sound like so we are going to have to throw our voice. Maybe I can muster a deep base tone that will make me sound more masculine? Yeah, that's the way to go deep masculine and throw people completely off that they will never suspect that you are just that shy little Rin underneath it all.

As she stood up and clapped her newly made paws together she realized just how awkward this suit was, her arms partially weighed down by almost to large sized pillows which was quite useful in her shop when she got tired but here in battle it was a bit different. The only good news was that the battering sands would find it harder to hit her, but the beating sun would still dehydrate her quickly. That is if we got dehydrated in this game? It still hadn't become common knowledge to her of how exactly this did work but none the less she shrugged it off and stared out into the desert. As she stared out over it she whimpered rather pathetically not prepared to embark on this journey alone as all she could muster was a rather childish.

"Mew."

@Zandra @Macradon @Seul 

Today was yet one of those days. One of the days when Zandra didnt had any plans for the day. Today was then one of those days when she decided to leave the frontlines, grinding and farming behind her. Instead she would search for any possible low leveled player that may need help with something. Anything from figthing some monsters to showing the way to the best nearby cafe. The first thing she needed to decide was which floor to go for. She didnt felt for heading to the lowest one today. Nor the winter wonderland. She guessed today she would check out the desert. There was also three different quests that took place there. Or was it more then three? Zandra wasnt sure. But it didnt matter right now. So she took a quick shower before leaving her beachhouse with a smile on her lips.

Ten minutes or so she exited the warp gate at floor five. First thing she saw was the bright sun that made her hand fly up and shade it. Second thing she felt was the burning heat."Oh right, now I remember why I didnt like this floor." Thou now when she was here. She could as well take a round to see if there was any one that wanted her help.

When she was at the border of the settlement, she spotted someone, or something. She wasnt sure if it was a player or some kind of rare mob. She walk up to the humanoid. It looked like some kind of cat costume made of fabric. Thou she saw human legs which meant it should be a player."Hello there. Im Zandra. Nice to meet you." She said with a smile and reached forth her hand

@Seul @Rin

Edited by Zandra

Yawning heavily as he was closing his shop for today, Macradon would hold his hand over his mouth to contain most of the yawning, but his face seemed to stretch more than he thought it would. Shrugging it off his shoulders, Macradon would venture up to the 5th floor's bulletin board to see if anything new was up. He was sure to keep his Guild honor at the lowest when not on Guild specific missions. He was clad in black and green robes, making him look more neutral than when he wore his armor. Slithering through the many people around the first floor, Macradon would manage to get to the warp plaza of the first floor. He would step into the big circle and mutter out "Warp, floor 5" as light blue light engulfed his body and would transport fim from the first floor to the fifth. Taking a few step out from the warp circle on the fifth floor, Macradon would stretch his body while walking towards the bulletin board.

A faint glance caught his eyes as he walked by one of the exit gates of the settlement. Macradon would look over at what was there, but was blinded heavily by the sharp and stingy sun. A hand would be put above his eyes so he could actually see what was going on, using his Search and Detect to get a better view of the scene. As he could see from his place, Macradon could spot no other than Zandra, a good old friends he had, but standing with someone quite peculiar, someone dressed up as a cat like figure. Macradon wasn't too sure about this ... cat thing, but he would take the risk and walk over to see what was going on. "Hey Zandra, what's going on here?" he would ask with a friendly tone as he approached the two in his robes, having drawn his hood up to shield him from most of the sun.

Stats:

Hide contents

955 HP
187 Energy
1 Accuracy
0 Evasion
15 Base Damage (19 w/ Charge) (16 w/ 4th rank Sword Arts) (20 w/ 4th rank Sword Arts and Charge)
66 Mitigation

Items

Scarecrow's Sickle .......... // +6 Damage, +1 Bleed

Blood Crusader's Halfplate .. // +54 Mitigation

Blood Crusader's Bracers .... // +2 Recovery, +1 Regen

Battle Ready Inventory
Teleportation crystal ............ // 1

Perfect Tier 2 Damage potion ..... // 1
Perfect T2 Mitigation Potion ..... // 1
Banner of Command ................ // 1 .... 3 Charges left

Buffs

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Heavy Armor                | Rank 3: +12 MIT
Search and Detect          | Rank 3: +3 LD
Charge                     | Rank 4: +4 DMG on first hit
Fighting Spirit
Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD/MD

Skill Mods

Survival                   | Heal 6 HP when out of battle each post, as well as making one immune to damage dealing environment effects
Finesse                    | Rank 1

Precision                  | +1 ACC

Reveal

Athletics                  | +1 DMG, +15 Health

Ferocity                   | Rank 4: +1 DMG when using 4th rank Sword Arts

Rin now glanced over seeing a familiar face as she began to wave at Macradon as she had no reason to be unfriendly to the two of them, her own sleeve paw then extended out toward Zandra. A slight tilt of the head as she had a strange sewn on face to her mask now letting out a rather happy meow before realizing that she couldn't stay completely speechless. Rin coughed and then began to take a different sorta pitch and tone sounding rather odd and abnormal as it was clear she was now throwing her voice for the two before asking.

"Hello you two, I was actually wondering if the two of you would like to go on an adventure with me. I imagine you both have taken The Traveler mission where you go into the desert in search of loot while the - um desert sorta tries to kill you I guess."

She drooped a bit saddened as she wanted to survive and she frankly could be risking her life if she didn't find what the quest had before the desert took it's toll upon her.

@Zandra

‘’Hello there Mac. You wonder what is going on here?’’ Zandra said to her white-haired friend as he approached them. Thou the only way she could recognize him was thanks to his white hair and the face details. Because his armour, if he had any, was completely covered with something else. He weared robes. Green robes. One of Zandras eyebrows went up.’’Ehm… Mac?... what are you wearing?’’ she said and had to hold a hand in front of her mouth so she wouldn’t let out the giggle that almost escaped her mouth.

‘’Well, I have done the traveler quest. Im almost certain Mac has as well. Also, you don’t need to worry about you being killed. I am actually the best healer in Aincrad at the moment. At least when it comes to known frontliners. Then Im not sure, maybe there is some solo player that adventuring without letting anyone else know about his or her presence. There actually is two more, thou one have been playerkilled and the other have disappeared in some mystic way. Anyway, what I wanna say is that you don’t have to worry about being killed if your with us.’’

@Macradon

(OOC: These are the robes I'm wearing illustration, over a dark gray bodysuit)

"Yeah, I'm a bit curious to see what this is" he replied to Zandra as the two stood beside the cat like person. "Oh these?" he would ask as he was wearing something quite different from what he usually wore "Well, last time I went out into the different town with my uniform armor on, people were giving me a strange look, so having something like this on would keep me more natural into the scenery of the towns" he would say. If it wasn't Guild related work he was doing, wearing the guild colors could put out a bad reputation like he was a slacker doing nothing. If he kept himself neutral, nothing bad would happen to the guild from his side of the view. If he would just be able to keep it down and low, nothing would be circling around towns.

"Yeah, I've done the quest myself as well, so nothing to worry about. Zandra here can heal you, and we're both capable fighters if that needs to come, but I surely doubt it" he would say with a smirk on his lips. The three were assembled, and Macradon could slightly tell who this person was, but not too much. Maybe a memory would spark at some point, but it surely didn't spark at this point. Letting out a small breath, Macradon would look out into the open sandy desert. Waving his hand downwards mid air, Macradon would summon the menu where he would find his armor and don it. His halfplate armor was the first to be donned, but it was done underneath the robes, to only just jutting out behind the robes. Next was his vambraces on his arms, both under the robes as well. On his legs were visible greaves and Poleyn, but mostly visible on his right leg as that wasn't covered by any robes. His hood would be shut back out behind as he donned his sallet helmet that would shield him from not only the scratchy sand, but also the boiling heat of the sun. "I'm ready" he said.

The feline figure nodded and quickly hopped onto both of them both the long gangling arms would reveal underneath it all that her arms were probably only half the size of them. She happily clung to them both as she felt it was so much more comfortable to touch other people when their was almost a full pillow worth of material between them and her. It was important to have this simple group hug in her honest opinion as she was quite nervous that without any potions or means to heal up she was at risk if she became overly dehydrated for an adventure that was to long. 

"Um oki doki then mew, I guess it's time that we head out upon our quest as I'm still not quite sure what I will be looking for. All that I do know is that the reward I get is a new skill that hopefully will keep me from dying to the elements of all the floors." 

She recalled a rather precarious situation previous to this before she had any gear made to help fight against the elements that she nearly froze on an adventure with another individual. Thankfully they were prepared and far more adapted to the climates of the fourth floor then herself. Sliding down off the group hug she then began to skip through the sand her boots kicking up patches about half a foot into the air as she jauntily skipped off. Something about this suit just made her comfortable in public, perhaps the secrecy of her real nature or identity allowed for this strange confidence to boil over to the surface. As she made it out of the town at her quick pace she glanced back the red glassy eyes beaming over toward the two as she made sure that she was still being followed. A quest on her own wouldn't have been nearly as fun.

As she continued her quick pace she began to wince her eyes staring back up toward the sky as she now felt the sun's dangerous heat draining her health bar.

"W-what was that you said about not dying -mewl."

ID: 67390 CD: 1

HP: 90/100

Edited by Rin

Zandra was taken by surprise as the cat-woman gave both her and Macradon a hug, a group hug. Thou she quickly answered it. She had met another girl not to long ago. She actually was a little like this one. Well not in looks, but in behaviour. As that girl always liked to lean on her. But what was making them lookalike was that both of them had their own walking style. Zandra couldnt stop a little giggle as she saw the cat walk away with swinging pillows."Time to move out then." She opened her inventory to change her armour. Her armour of the northern ice dragon. It didnt gave as much protection as her main one. But this had a special trait, maybe unique to this alone since it wouldnt struck anyone elses mind to care avout such things. Its extra quality was that it stored temprature. So when she traveled at the winter wonderland the floor below, it warmed her. And in the desert or other hot places, it gave her a cold feeling. Also, if looking closely, you could spot a thin layer of mist on the surface. So now she moved out as she equiped her ice-braclet as well which would make her more likely to succed when healing the cat."Coming!" She said and catched up with a small jog.

A sudden hug would come as the three embraced in what seemed like a one sided group hug. Macradon didn't mind that much as it was just a hug, not a stab to the chest. He would let out a small sigh of relief as this didn't seem to vital for anything, so he would just let it slide for now. Nothing was really bugging him at all, it was a simple mission where they had to venture out for roughly 24 hours straight. 12 hours to the goods and 12 hours back to the city. It seemed to pose somewhat of a threat to the cat ... person, but everything would seem well as Zandra was here to heal the girl if necessary. Macradon would dismiss the thought of death and would begin to take a few step into the storming sands of the fifth floor as he replied to Zandra "Aye". Sand was bashing up against his helmet, he could hear every single grain glance off on the steel helmet's outer layers. His robes protected him not only from sand, but also the heat or cold that would come from the desert itself. Several health hazards that were posed towards everyone in the party, but surely Macradon and Zandra had their Survival skill on the passive to negate the environmental damage that would come, though same thing couldn't be said about the girl leading the three.

Rin's face began to sweat worse as she trudged deeper through the desert sand, the blaring sun still beating at her as she began to mewl ever so silently the two other players already making headway upon her own position. She winced noticing how well off the other two were as she was still attempting to recover from the previous damage from the elements a large sleeve sliding up toward her face to attempt and make the mask sop up some of the sweat that she had been excreting from her pores. It was difficult to feel inspired for a quest that merely would kill you through the long hauled adventure as she began to gaze back up to the sun it's position changing as the sky was now revealing it was the afternoon from the relative position on the horizon her journey a rather quiet one as she couldn't think through the scorching desert off the top of her head. Perhaps one of her two companions would find a topic to help distract the boring walk as they didn't even have to care about the elements it seemed, they must have already completed the mission she assumed.

ID: 67547 CD: 4 LD: 20 Found Item I think?

HP: 90/100

Edited by Rin

They haven’t walked far before their questing companion already had found the lost cargo.’’Oh, that was quickly found miss cat.’’ In the same moment she said it she herd something behind her. She quickly turned around. It was a trumbling noice. What she saw made her being very stressed. She looked at the girl and Macradon.’’Guys, I think its better we find some shelter, and quickly.’’ She said and pointed at the direction where she had herd the rumbling sound. If they looked that way, they could see a sandstorm approaching, and approaching fast.

Zandra quickly picked up one of the three crates and started to look for some kind of protection to save them from the storm. Even she and Mac wouldn’t have a very fun time in that storm, even since they had the survival skill. Zandra headed towards a rock formation she had spotted just a hundred meters earlier.’’Over here guys!’’ she shouted to the others. There was a small area, just big enough to fit three persons. Thou it would be tght. The consisted of huge rocks forming three walls.’’I we place the crates in the front we will be completely protected from the storm. What you think?’’

@Macradon

Edited by Zandra

A quickly found cargo was something that seemed to be quite quick "Oh, didn't think it would be this fast, it's not even evening yet" he said as Zandra would begin to gesture out behind them. What was in sight was really dreadful. Not only was the heavy passive sandstorm taking off chunks of the cat's health, this storm seemed to be even worse for what he knew. It was dark, gloomy and looked very destructive. He would sigh lightly before speaking up "Huh ... yeah let's find shelter" he agreed with Zandra as he would begin to look for something close where they could hide inside. He was sure that last time he did the quest, he didn't need any shelter and just took an all nighter to bring in the cargo asap, but it didn't seem like they would be able to, well, Zandra and Macradon would probably be able to, but it didn't seem like the kitty would be able to survive that storm. 

Macradon nodded and would grab the fluffy pillow arm of the kitty to get them all quickly to the shelter before the weather would take over and bring havoc to the three. Macradon used his Search and Detect and could clearly see the rock formation up ahead. 3 big boulders forming 3 walls and a small opening. Macradon would quickly open his menu and take off his armor so he would be able to squeeze in. He would quickly arrive at the formation with Zandra and the cat. Waiting for the women to enter first "Ladies first" he said and gestured with his hand, pointing it into the formation. He was quite sure that Zandra wouldn't mind being after, but it was mostly for the kitty to take that gesture. Macradon would agree with Zandra to make a small blockade to close off from the sand "Yeah, let's do that, the crates can handle it" he said.

Rin began to look about now as her companion told her that a sandstorm was apparently on it's way, her red glistening eye holes now catching site as she began to panic from the harsh storm that was barreling in toward them. As they told her about the covering in the rocks Rin quickly started to sprint through the sand toward the three stones. She was still rather worn from the entire adventure, luckily Mac was pulling her along as well. On her arrival Rin huddled up in the corner of the rock sheltering them. She didn't like the idea of being stuck outside in the elements again, the last time that happened she nearly froze to death on the fourth floor, that was part of the reasoning she decided to go on this mission. She mewled and nestled in as she awaited for the rest to now start piling in around her as if they were all huddling for warmth despite the heat that was already upon the. The cat-girl's breathing becoming rather erratic as she felt partially claustrophobic from the storm locking them into a tight enclosed area.

The couple of players Zandra was traveling with quickly agreed that taking cover would be a good idea. When she saw Mac to un-equip his armour. The alchemist started to do the same. ’’Good idea Mac, gives us a little more space.’’

As Macradon behaved like a real gentleman, Zandra followed close after the cat-girl. She sat down beside the girl already inside. Now that she didn’t had any armour equipped, it was not real much space, but it wasn’t as tight as she had tougth of when she first looked in.

‘’Oh, the ground in here was rely soft.’’ She said and looked at the other player inside the shelter as she moved her hand to pat on the sand. Wait what. What she felt wasn’t sand, it was fabric. She looked down. What she was sitting on was one of the cats hands that felt like a pillow. Zandra immediately rose from it and looked at the party-leader. ‘’Oh, I’m so… so sorry. I didn’t meant to…’’

Chuckling lightly at Zandra's placement before she wold notice where she sat, Macradon would keep his calm and lean back up towards the stone walls that were sheltering them. He would let out a deep sigh as he could hear the storm nearing them. He wouldn't take any chances and look out, as he could be damaged by not the weather, but possible debris that would come hurling his direction. Now, he wasn't scared of the potential damage it would bring him in physical trauma, as that stuff was somewhat nonexistent in this world, what he really was afraid of was to look like and idiot if he so did get hit. Staying calm and looking up at the ceiling of their smal shelter, Macradon would begin to speak and probably spark a conversation. "So ... we've already found the payload ... so what about taking a dungeon run on our way back?" Macradon proposed to the two as a possibility they could do to gain a little more experience if they so desired. Macradon was sure that if they didn't want, presumably they wanted to, he could venture out alone at another date to catch up on the levels he needed to badly.

Rin blushed behind the black mask now shaking her head from side to side as she didn't really mind if she used the plushie sleeves as they were soft and didn't hurt since they were simply an extension of the sleeve. She snuggled down into the sand a bit as she continued to peer out from behind the crowd that was between her and them. Rin's head was drooping down as she began to nibble at the mask in front of her mouth before shrugging her shoulders as she felt rather cozy with the two who were attempting to make sure that she didn't get herself injured in this desert.

"It's really not a problem if you want to continued to snuggle them or even use a sleeve as pillow you can, as I do owe you both a lot for adventuring with me. I probably would have been caught up in that storm by myself and lost out here till the heat took me."

The girl spoke rather seldom as she was sitting cross legged now with her arms down to her side as she took a deep breath. A dungeon was the next proposition they had after this storm passed, this was rather troublign as she didn't even really have her own weapon. Itzal and Mina once showed concern to this and bought her a weak ranking dagger but she hadn't even equipped it to see how it looked sheathed on her hip.

"If we do go into a dungeon I probably won't be of much use, although I could simply search for materials?"

Zandra relaxed as the cat told her she didnt have to apology for her action. She was actually welcome to do it. "Oh, thank you miss cat." She sat down on the pillow again. She felt on it with her hand again. It seemed to be just a pillow like material in there. She couldnt feel any sign of human bodyparts, like a hand or an arm. She leaned back on the rock wall behind her and let out a long yawn. "To look for a dungeon on the way back dosent sound like a bad idea at all. Thou Im kinda like the worst scout in Aincrad with only my new halfmask to rely on. She swiped in the air infront of her and a few moments later, half her face was covered by a mask looking like those festival or masqurade mask you sometime could see on rich people. She held the mask towards them. "Dont know who of you twp are best at searching, but you can borrow it for the time you are searching."

@Macradon

The two girls would exchange a small conversation about the pillow situation and Zandra sitting on it without warning. It seemed to turn out nice and nothing was to be touched upon. It didn't seem like any problem at all, but Macradon would just stay where he was, he liked the sand with its cooling aura that went straight up his body. It was nice to be cooled down while being in a desert, it indeed helped him calm down and ignore the storm for the most part. Looking over at Zandra with her masquerade mask on, covering half of her face, Macradon would be then one to reach his arm out and grab it "I have both Rank 3 Search and Detect, as well as Reveal. I will be able to look through the sand and rocks to find any hidden passage to the dungeon we're going to find for sure. And cat, if I can single-handedly clear a 14th floor dungeon, it won't be a problem to take out a 5th floor one" he said with a smirk on his face. He was beginning to become one of the great scouts of the frontlines, being one of the two that had been discovering the next floor boss room, as well as having intel about the boss itself. Macradon would borrow the half mask and don it right away. He would try to test out his Reveal and Search and Detect to see if he could see through the walls and notice if the storm was over them or not.

"Uhm ..." he said and looked down onto the sand they were sitting on "There's a hidden passage right below us, I don't know how we haven't fallen through yet" he said and would look amazed at the underground dungeon they could enter right away. He would stick his hand into the sand and try to see if he could find any trigger. His eyes glazed down upon the sand, screening right through it with his skills. He would be able to locate a small lever that was a few centimeters down under the sand "I found the switch" he said and would grab a hold of it "I'll pull on it in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... Now!" he said and counted down as he would pull on the trigger. The sand floor underneath them would slowly crumble away and they would be led down into a small chamber with a ladder that would descend down even further to enter the dungeon. Macradon would notice a ladder that went up the walls of the chamber that would lead them to the exit of their small shelter, so it seemed like they could get out the same way.

ID: 67829
LD: 15+3+2+3=23, Advanced Dungeon Found

Edited by Macradon

Rin laid there in the sand feeling her hands  practically pinned down in the sand as Zandra was enjoying the softness of the sleeves her her eyes drooping ever so gently from exhaustion. As she gazed over to Macradon she listened to both of the two talking about going through a dungeon on the way back which she didn't imagine would be an issue so long as she stuck behind the two. A gentle nod would agree with their decision of questing out before she heard the man speak up again. The girl's own gaze now cast downward toward the sandy floor among the three stone walls that were creating their protective barrier. She herself was planning to becoming a relatively high ranked searcher for her own personal reason, unfortunately she was also quite weak which made the skill allocation in the tree she needed a slow climb. Along with that she refused to fight any monster herself due to her own strange beliefs on how the cardinal system might be recycling old players abilities into the mobs.

"Ok, well if you two are going to handle the fighting I suppose I will start searching for materials as I'm certain that their will be a lot of useful items laying about down there."

Zandra handed over the fancy half-mask to Macradon. He took it and equipped it, the mask covering the left side of his face. Zandra watched him as he examined the surrondings after she had prepared herself by equiping her armour again. After not very long time, it seemed like he had spotted something that could be a dungeon. Thou it was right under them. He digged in the sand and suddenly found a switch. Even since he counted down so everyone would be ready for the fall, Zandra still got taken by surprise when the ground under her disappeared and she fell. A few moments later the trio was in a chamber quite some way down. Zandra could spot two ladders in the chamber. One that led out of the underground and back to where they came from. The second on the other hand, it led down deeper under the ground. ‘’Well, I guess it is downwards we should go, don’t you think so too?’’ Zandra asked her companions and when hearing their answers, she took the lead down the hole.

After a nubdred meters or so, they finally reach the end of the ladder. When she backed and watched surroundings, her eyes widened. What she saw a huge ruin. It had several levels and all of them was connected with wide stairs. The whole ancient building was surrounded by tall walls made of sandstone on all side. But at the other end of the giant cave they entered, there seemed to be an exit. ‘’Is it only me or do you also think these kinds of things looks so cool. I even gets goose bumps.’’ She said and smiled at the smithy and tailor. ‘’Also, I think that gate up there is our way to the boss room.’’ She haven’t much more then said the words before a dozen lights shined up the cave. A few moments later, there have appeared an obstacle before they can reach the entrance. Scattered here and there, the newly arrived mobs stood in groups of four and guarded the bottom of a stair each. The enemy looked like Templars, clad in chainmails and white tunics with a red cross on their chest and back. In their hands they held rusty swords and their heads was protected by sturdy helmets.

But Zandra only smiled. ‘’Here comes the warm up Mac.’’ She said and started to jog towards the nearest ones. When in range, she activated her chargeskill which made her fly towards them. When she was right beside them, she swung her large great-axe, striking them from down to up in an uppercut. It made all of the defenders to be killed in an instant. ''Haha, piece of cake ey'.'' she looked over her shoulder. ''Your turn Mac!'' she said and prepared herself as she saw the noice had made the rest of the templars notice her and they came running towards the heavy armoured woman.

Spoiler

Cave:
20160705211257a0ega35evpjtetdy.jpg
Templar:
templar_by_odobenus-d4wa4tv.jpg
HP: 20
DMG: 50

Rolls:

Spoiler

ID: 67935
BD: 9 Crit +1 16x2=32-4=18
MD(group 1): 3 Miss