[PP - F1] Christmas Time with the Family. <Celestial Ascendants>

Beatbox had sighed, the guild hadn't been really doing anything as a guild as of the recent, he decided that enough was enough. He was going to throw a Christmas party for all of the celestial ascendants for the current members and for those that are wanting to join the guild just so everyone could get themselves acquainted with each other. Since not everyone knows each other in this guild so he thought a surprise Christmas party would get everyone together and for everyone to fully meet and have a wonderful time together. In the middle of Beatbox's store he had a christmas tree put up and he had different christmas cookies and drinks ready for everyone, he sent a message to every member of the Celestial Ascendants about the surprise Christmas party. "I hope they all show up..." he thought to himself as he patiently waited sitting next to the Christmas tree.

-----

Want to bring someone along? Go ahead! Just let me know who you're bring along and we'll keep this going ;)

Tags: @Hikoru, @Itzal, @Morgenstern, @Kasier, @Sey@Aereth, @Birdie

You going to be a part of the Celestial Ascendants and I forgot you? Contact me and post!

As a wandering player, he tends to go wherever he felt like, even if he said he would probably not be going back to the floor for a while until something happened. But come on. There were the best shops located on the bottom floors, mainly because they got so much service from the newer players who needed help. Small investments for a better future. That was why Sey went to the first floor to see what was going on with the shops, seeing if he could buy anything while there. Perhaps not, but this was just about the best place for shops to be located. The first one he ended perhaps might or might not be the one where a destination for many members might exist. Upon entering the store, he would notice that this shop in particular was a little more... Festive per say.  "Hello? Er... Is anybody here? ...Nice decorations you have here!" The snow-haired player would call out was he entered inside of the shop, only to look around the Christmas tree to find a familiar blonde sitting beside it. "Is that you, Beat?"

Hikoru looked at the young Beatbox's Store with a small sigh. There were a few christmas lights on the outside, and the glowed against the glass of his glasses. He was unsure of how he looked, but he knew this was a christmas Party, and as the strongest member in the guild, he felt that the costume he had chosen felt right for some reason. He felt a small tinge of his cheeks rise as he knew that if Ari had somehow seen him looking like this, that she would either freak out and call him cute, or make fun of him. He couldn't read her sometimes, and thats one of the many reasons he was going to marry her. He just sighed and shrugged off that thought and entered the shop. It felt lively, even with just the three of them there, and he came in, a small blush on his cheeks

"I uh, I hope im not late..." He said, avoiding eye contact with either of them, hoping that his blush wouldn't be too noticeable. He wished that he had his cloak on to hide his emotions, but for now nothing would work to hide his blush except the red on his suit, which he hoped would make it harder to see

Hik's Outfit:

Spoiler

598204c5e663bc2c0e4f32bfe8e993b0.jpg

Jonathan entered Beat's shop, having been invited for some sort of party. It was surprising since Jonathan had not seen the man in so long, in fact they were both about to be plunged into a boss fight. He shuddered at the thought and first seen Hikoru in a christmas outfit. He smiled and tapped the man on the shoulder. What I want for Christmas is a picture of you in That. It is awesome. Jonathan chuckled and smiled to Beat. Thanks for setting this up... Makes me feel better before plunging into almost absolute death. Jonathan was not too sure about going into the Boss battle, espically since he was put on the "Varsity" Team. He was paired with three others including Calrex. He did not feel ready. He was only level thirty two, but he would push for the three. The twenty extra health might help him a bit. Leveling up was much harder now, but Beat seemed to be going straight thorough it. How Jonathan did not know. He caught a glimpse of a white haired man and Jonathan immediately smiled. Sey? It is so good to see you. You look quite a bit stronger, and I know soon you will be indeed with us. 

@Sey @Beatbox @Hikoru

I didn't know that Beatbox owned a shop. Kasier thought, oblivious to the fact that the man currently had a shop on the first floor. It's not even Christmas yet. Kasier realized, pretty sure that Christmas was still a days away. Isn't it a bit too early for a party? She thought to herself, carrying on the thought process, Isn't the boss fight in a couple of days as well? Geez, I think Felix is going to be participating in this boss fight. All I want for Christmas is for him to be okay. She stood up, Still, if I don't go to this party, what type of paladin would I make, a paladin who really doesn't care about her guild mates? She questioned herself, forcing herself to stand up and get dressed in her usual heavy armor, tier 1 still, since Macradon had yet to make her tier 2 equipment that she had ordered. This old tier 1 armor was beginning to rust a little now and it was suitable for her to update her equipment, especially since her recent graduation to the tier 2 levels. 

After a while of walking, she arrived at Beat's shop and walked in, peeking in during the mean time to see who was here. A bunch of guys. She thought, rolling her red, amber eyes and looking around to see if Felix had arrived. Unfortunately, he hasn't. Perhaps he was planning to skip this party in order to prepare for the boss fight that he will be participating a few days from now. Making eye contact with Beat and Jonathan, she nodded, not feeling that words were necessarily necessary for the occasion since not everyone was here yet. Also, she made note to nod to Hikoru, whom she doesn't know very well and a stranger that she had yet to meet. New member? I don't recall hearing about a new member. She thought, sitting down next to the food but not helping herself since no one else was. (I think?)

Just some minutes ago, Aereth received a message from his guild mate Beatbox, that all of the Celestial Ascendants were invited to a special Christmas party inside of his shop on the first floor. Aereth hated the time around Christmas. The last two years, until Itzal picked him up from the streets, he spent the Christmas time completely alone in bars or on the street, drinking himself, more often than not, into unconsciousness.

This year however, was different. He had found a guild that took care of him, helped him getting stronger and more importantly, giving him back the warm feeling of having persons that he cared for. "Maybe I'm even able to meet the last paladin I didn't get to know yet, DPS Paladin Hikoru..." He thought as he was walking in the direction of Beat's shop.

As he finally reached his destination, he could see that some of his fellow guild mates had already arrived, but some were also still missing. He opened the door and greeted everybody inside of Beat's shop. "Hey Beat. Thank you for the invitation my friend. How have you been lately?" He asked the shop owner, and guild mate, offering his fist for a bump. After that, his eyes spottet two unfamiliar players. One had white hair and was standing beside the chrismas tree, and the other had black hair and one wore a very.... special outfit. "I recall Itzal telling me some things about Hikoru, and according to my information it has to be the Santa guy." he thought as he walked over to him and offered Hikoru his hand for a handshake. "I assume you are the DPS paladin Hikoru, and I also think we didn't get to know each other yet. My name is Aereth, and as you might know I'm one of Itzal's apprentices. It's an honor to finally meet you, Hikoru."

@Beatbox, @Hikoru

Itzal...  Wasn't one for parties.  It was true that he did spend the holidays with his family but other than that he didn't really hang out with anyone else.  Now Christmas was coming along and he barely even noticed. Until he received a message from Beatbox at least.  When he read the message he slapped his face.  How could he have forgotten.  He hadn't even thought about any presents, let alone getting one for Kasier.  Oh well, he'd just be late in the present.  Unless....  He could give out good quality songs but he doubted anyone would actually use them...  Whatsoever.  Then there was the pendant he got from the Hoya Quest, but he felt that wasn't worth it.  Then he just decided to play songs for everyone since he was obviously terrible at this.  He made his way into the shop and looked around at all the decorations.  He was in his Twilight Cloak and he pulled his hood down when he entered.  His heart warmed when he saw Kasier and moved over to greet her.  "Hey Kasier.  How are you doing?"  He hugged her from the side as he did so.  He knew she didn't like too much of this stuff in public so he figured a side hug would suffice.  He blushed from embarrassment.  "I have to be honest I completely forgot about Christmas until Beat sent that message."

@Kasier

'Pretty sure this is the place.' Birdie came to a stop a few buildings down from Beat's store. Seeing the lights and decorations hung up outside the shop caused her to smile a little, it was the first real acknowledgement of Christmas she'd seen in the game so far, save for the bitter cold. The party announcement came out of nowhere but she was thankful for it, after all; the members of the guild she hadn't met yet might be in attendance.

A minute ticked over on the HUD's clock, and the bluenette decided to stop wasting time. With a calm breath, she stepped forwards and continued until the door was an arm's length away, where she pushed it open and walked inside.

Lights and gentle music shook up her senses for a moment, and the faces of guests all blended into one blurry mess. As seconds passed, Birdie started to spot those whom she'd met with already - everyone except three players, who must've either been the two Paladins or some new apprentices. One dressed in particularly comical fashion, ushering a smile until she thought it weird to stare any longer.

'Aereth's talking to.. Hikoru, I guess? Itzal's with Kasier, and.. huh? Is that Sey?' Seeing him was a pleasant surprise, she remembered crafting him an item only a short while ago. As she noticed more and more people chatting amongst themselves, her social anxiety kicked in, and apparent awkwardness began to eat away at her. 'Almost forgot this was a party..'

Noticing the Christmas cookies and drinks set up on a nearby table, she sighed and avoided eye contact with the other guests, making her way over to the refreshments. Upon seeing the snacks up close, she couldn't stifle a faint smile. 'To Beat's credit, these look kinda delicious.' Her hand hovered over the selection, Birdie slyly peeking over both shoulders before deciding on one that had an extra dash of icing on top.

Crap, I forgot presents. Kasier thought, panicking immediately. What would happen if everyone realized that I didn't bring presents? Kasier gasped, immediately opening her HUD and checking to see if there was something in there that can be passed off as presents. It's not like she purposely forgot about it, but rather, things have been so busy and so much drama had been oriented around her that she had let Christmas, perhaps one of the most important holiday... ever, slip out of her mind. Of course, that was when she realized that she had quite the amount of good coffee left from when she used to be an active cook. Those days were over for she simply did not have the energy to carry on as a cook and she really did not make any profit due to lack of interest from the general assembly. Unfortunate, but businesses fall and fail all the time. She convinced herself, watching as the door opened and a man familiar to her stepped in. Of course Itzal is here. Great. She thought, smiling in delight. What better way to spend a Christmas party then to spend it with a true love? There is simply no better way. She decided, standing up from her spot and allowing Itzal to give her a small hug (which was pretty much the most that she will do in the public eyes). "How can you simply forget about Christmas." Kasier whispered, "It's the greatest time of the year! Although it does remind me of the folks back home, not enjoying their Christmas due to the lack of someone familiar."

@Itzal

Itzal heard her whisper and he blushed a little bit, embarrassed that he forgot most people's favorite holidays.  Even his favorite.  "Well, er, when your locked in your bedroom doing nothing but video games and research every day, you tend to forget what time really is.  My family always helped remind me...  I don't want that life anymore though.  When we get out of here I want to do some traveling, get out more...  And finally stand up to those bullies."  He tried to tell as few people as possible his background, but of course he'd tell Kasier.  Why wouldn't he?  He smiled to her.  "However that doesn't make this any less amazing a holiday.  I love Christmas and I'm glad I can spend it with you."  He hugged her a little tighter before letting go and scanned the room.  He spotted Birdie by the Christmas cookies and he looked at the other players in the room.  He leaned in to Kasier. "Do you uh, think good quality songs would count as a gift?  I love music but not sure if everyone else does, nor what they'd like."

@Kasier

A sudden load of guests would arrive into the shop all of a sudden. Starting with the other DPS of the guild, Hikoru. And at first having a fear of him, it did come as a shock. But the man was a chill guy, one who was collected and serious, but obviously sincere and logical. The next one to arrive would actually acknowledge him, the man that brought him to the guild in the first place, Jonathan. "And you seem to be looking just as fine, Jonathan. I'd love to join, and I'm still on the hunt you know." He'd explain as he would continue to notice more people arriving. A blonde lady that seemed silent, and her face showed that she was more or less... Not so playful. More on the serious side. One that makes business quite a challenge. Sey could not help but appreciate those people, they helped sharpen negotiation. Though little did he know of her identity, he decided to leave her alone since she was a stranger that probably was just looking to buy thi-... At this point, denial was fruitless. It was too festive and too many people were arriving into the shop far too fast. There was must some event going on, and he found himself caught in the middle.

Two more arrived, both with extremely dark hair. One of them he recognized instantly, the second paladin that he had met. Itzal. Three Paladins in one room, there must be something special going on. Beat was also in the guild, so that made four Celestial Ascendant guild members. Was this his initiation...? No, that would be a rather selfish thought, and all this for him? Most likely not. It was tempting to try to speak to Itzal, but he seemed to already be in a conversation with the blonde... Already he should divert his eyes away from the scene before he brought attention onto him. Finally, the last member to arrive was... Her? The lady that helped craft the pocket watch for him, but he never quite got her name. Sure, she knew his name from the order that he had and left a name for, but he never guessed her name. And the name was not obvious enough for him apparently. "I should at least thank her personally." He thought to himself before making his way over towards her.

"Hey there. It's nice to see you again." He would explain with a small half-smile on his face as he used his right hand to pluck out a random gingerbread man out from the snacks provided for the guests, but would not make himself too comfortable by sitting down. "I just wanted to thank you for the craft you made for me about a couple weeks ago, it really helped me out. Much more than you think. Are you busy right now?" It was Christmas time, the least he could do was be grateful. After all, a kickstart in the game was provided by the blue-haired lady in the first place since she provided him excellent service from her shop. On top of that, her item plays a key role in his balance build he intended to make. For the price she offered, she gave him a huge boost in the game than the rate he was moving at before, something he'll never forget. He needed to do something in return, but unfortunately, it was far too sudden and unexpected.

@Morgenstern @Birdie

Birdie looked around the room and noticed that the party was in 'full swing', if you could even call it that. She gathered that it was more like a social gathering, probably for the guild to get to know each other better. And whilst it boasted plenty of benefits and positives, the negatives were all too apparent. Being in a big room where half the people were new faces was a great opportunity - for those who were outgoing. 

Her mindless thoughts were laid to rest when a young man approached, she remembered his name from a few weeks prior. His greeting was met by a smile and a brief wave from Birdie, compensating for the cookie that she'd been stuffing in her mouth. She answered his question by shaking her head a little, covering her lips as the bite finally went down. "Sorry - it's no problem at all! I never give customers less than 100%," she said proudly, scouting for a plate she could leave her cookie to rest on. "N-no, I um.. I'm not that great with parties, so.. yeah! Free as a bee." She searched for a seat in the immediate area and gestured towards it, "Wanna sit?"

@Sey

(Can we have a bit of Christmas music playing? Someone make it happen :p. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPLUci3vyJc)

Kasier blushed. "When you get out of this game, Felix," she began to what will be a lot of content coming from her mouth. "I'll be sure to find you and drag you out of your house." Of course, the physical dragging part was just a joke, although she was sure that she can actually do it if she tried hard enough. "And, I'm glad to spend the Christmas with you, Itzal. Even if it is in this game, even if we are trapped in this jail, I can't think of anyone else to spend my Christmas with but you. Hopefully we'll spend many more Christmas together." Kasier said, her blonde hair swaying as she cleared off some hair which had made its way on her face and her red eyes staring as Itzal leaned in closer. She had thought that perhaps he was coming in for a kiss but she figured that he wouldn't do such a thing in the public, and indeed, he hadn't to her relief. "I'm sure anything that you give would be fine Felix, most of us probably didn't bother getting gifts. Unfortunately, I am one of those people. The idea of grabbing gifts before coming here just slipped out of my mind. I guess the stress and effort required to level and become stronger in this game got to me huh? The holiday spirit isn't as strong as it used to be back in real life." Kasier recognized. Most people probably won't be celebrating Christmas this year... It has been how many Christmases since Kayaba locked everyone in this game? Two? Or three? Even that is fazing from her memory.

Kasier looked around, noticing Hikoru in an unusual Santa Claus costume, something that she didn't expect him to do. He seems awfully serious during the paladin meetings but she guessed that he was probably taking the chance to let off some steam as a front liner. Beatbox, Hikoru, and a player that she didn't recognize were conversing on the other side of the room, although the pace of their conversation seemed to go along very slowly. On the other side, there were two players she failed to recognize interacting with each other. Quite a few new members here. She thought to herself and made a mental note to ask for their identity later. "Anyway, I don't really want anything for Christmas as long as you are here. You are the best Christmas gift, Itzal."

@Itzal

A genuinely nice person, both inside and outside of her shop. A rare trait among those who worked with business, the inside was usually a mask. Sey never understood that concept, hiding himself behind a fake mask. He was himself to everyone, no matter the locations. So this other player was honest about her personality as well, which was comforting to know. Seems not all business-ran shops were two-faced. As she mentioned pridefully about how she never gives less than 100% percent, he would chuckle lightly. "That's delightful to hear. You're going to go far with your shop with that attitude." He'd explain with a humble smile. Encouraging others to do something he personally loved was a treat for him, almost as if he was on the receiving end of the worlds. His father would place him in that position a lot anyways, so he might as well hand it out. But only to those who had ambition and talent. This lady made both apparent in her crafts, and in such an impressive amount of time.

And yet despite this, she claimed to not be so excellent at parties, so she was available to talk to. If there was anything he at least owed her, it was someone to converse with. Perhaps his existence did not really mean too much to her, since he was a newer member to the guild, and a newer player overall. But hey, if he can fill the void enough, then he might as well make an attempt. "Is that so? I saw a good handful of members at your shop. Can I at least assume you are good with speaking to people?" He'd ask as he would tilt his head to the side, his lips shaped in an "o" formation. However, it would not be long before he would follow her gestures towards a nearby chair, telling him to sit down. Well, not even telling him, but asking him. There was no way she was not an introvert, it would be hard to believe otherwise. But he did not mind that personality type, especially considering how she is very well-mannered about it.

"Sure, give me one moment please." He'd reply to her offer as he would calmly pace his way over to the chair, placing it up with both hands over his head before walking back. Not the most formal approach to take, but this was supposed to be just a Christmas party anyways. Placing the folds of the chair back down, he would place himself on it, leaning his back against the table as he looked over towards the rest of the group. But his voice would still be directed towards her direction. "Seems like the whole guild is together, I kind of envy them a little." Sey explained as he would exhale a bit, but keeping a mellow tone. They accepted him, it was just not official yet. Only then would he then be disturbed by one sudden fact. His violet eyes would shoot up wide for a brief second. "Oh! I never really introduced myself formally to you, have I?" He'd ask the blue-haired player as his smile would increase from the humble amount that was previously shown. Looking towards her direction, he'd close his eyes as he would introduce himself with a happier tone, rather than his usual mellow tone. "My name is Sey. What do you go by?"

@Birdie

• 2 weeks later...

Turning around, Aereth noticed more and more of the Celestial Ascendants joining the small festivity. One particular player got Aereth's attention rather fast. It was a white haired player and he was talking to Birdie. "Never seen that guy before." he thought and decided to walk over to him. 

As he reached the two players, he waited until they finished talking and started to greet Birdie. "Hey there. Long time no see. I hope you are well." He said with a smile and then turned to the unknown player. "And I think we didn't have the pleasure to meet each other yet. My name is Aereth, and I'm, like Birdie, one of Itzal's apprentices. Nice to meet you." Aereth introduced himself to the snow haired player. From the looks, he seemed to be a nice guy, and Aereth was wondering if they would do some quests, leveling or something else together in the future.

@Sey

• 4 weeks later...

Thread is Inactive - Sey and I will finish off the rest of the thread with four-liners (Anyone else can post to speed up the process as well)

Time skip to the end of the Christmas Party -

Kasier smiled and rubbed her belly. The Christmas party was finally over and soon, she shall head out of the safe zone in order to gather up some materials that she might be able to use for later crafting or even for some potions and crystals. She had quite the bit of materials but there is no harm in getting even more materials than she already had. It's not like there was any sort of limit to how many materials she can have anyway... Despite the fact that she had no further use for tier one materials. Perhaps she can sell some of them to newer players for they are quite useless to her now. Kasier sighed, waving a goodbye to Itzal and walking out of the shop, feeling new-found new-years resolution to gather more materials and participate in the game more.

@Sey

Edited by Kasier

"Nice to meet you as well. The name is Sey. A pleasure Aereth." Sey introduced himself with a smile before then waving to the blunette before leaving the area where they munched on treats... But not without raiding a couple of the spicy gingerbread cookies in the process as well. The party was a little brief, but it was relaxing for him since the game was supposed to be like that. Short and bliss, just like the holidays. And the warm times they had were great, at least the snow-haired player thought so. If that did not show it, at least the smile on his face when he bit into the cookies and the happy hummed from his lips would follow should do the trick. With this, he would wave to everyone before then leaving the scene with a handful of cookies in his grip back out into the open.

@Kasier

ID: 75637
LD: 18

Kasier watched the white-haired man walk out with him and waved him a good bye although she did not know him very well at the time. Still, it was fitting for a paladin to be polite for everyone in the guild is equal. Kasier smiled, turning around and walking to the exit of the safe zone so she can have her material gathering session. Immediately upon exiting the safe zone, she was greeted by an apple tree that had great quality apples for her to gather and take into her inventory. Kasier sighed in happiness, a sigh of joy and relief, it was as she grabbed the apple and placed it into her inventory for use later. With that, she decided that she would lay on the grass for a while in order to enjoy the view, just for a little while because the weather sure was nice at the moment.

+1 Material

Materials: 1

@Sey

Edited by Kasier

At this point in time, he did have a bit of information of her from the other paladins, though not enough to quite identify her. It would be later on in which something like that could happen, as he would then be a little more informed by that time. But for now, he would then just look back to her, to notice at a distance her smile. It was a brief one, but it was definitely there. Nothing he could quite remember since it seemed minor. Perhaps a guildmate since he was pretty sure he saw her with Itzal. That was the same reason why he did not make the bold move of saying hi to him. Assumptions were on point for sure, but it did ruin a chance of his at the same time since he was able to meet the fourth paladin that would allow him into the guild, but was unable to do that due to sheer ignorance. How disappointing.

@Kasier

Kasier clutched the apple in her hands and looked away. Her blonde hair followed her as she sprinted back. She had remembered that she had left the oven cooking. She had originally wanted to cook some pies for the party but she had forgotten to take it out of the oven to treat the guests. Now, it seemed that her shop was endangered. With that, she quickly sprinted towards her home and took the pie out of her oven. Sure, the pie was ruined but at least her house wasn't burnt down. After that, she was way too tired to do any more material gathering and decided that she would simply stay put of the night. There is no point of gathering any more and it would be best for her to rest for the night and do some more gathering tomorrow.

OOC: Post summary please?

@Sey