[RGQ-F12-PP] Swamped (Hydra, Sey)

Hydra had been at it all day, trying to wade his way through the marshland of the twelfth floor after receiving yet another quest from the mysterious cardinal. "How many times has this happened now?" The spearman said drawing out the sentence, whilst looking down at his reflection in the puddle he had become stuck in. A look of self doubt plastered on his face. "Grrrrr." Hydra growled to himself trying to use his upper body to force himself out, unfortunately to no avail. Whilst it may have looked humourous he was certainly not laughing about it. "I guess I have no other choice. Time to call for aid." The spearman mumbled as he opened up his friend list and quickly scanned it. Hydra's eyes eventually fell upon Sey's name. Sighing to himself once more at the situation he had literally got himself 'stuck' in. He sent a quick SOS message to his friend Sey who he had been on a few adventure's with. "Guess all I can do now is wait." Hydra said still frowning. A nearby willow creaked and a few frogs hopped about. "I wonder when the monsters come out." Hydra began to ponder to himself, after all he was an easy target.

@Sey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He received a message from Hydra about some puddle that he was stuck in on the 12th floor. Thanks to this, he needed the help of the snow-haired player. So without any hesitation, he would make his way over towards the direction of the puddle once he arrived to the location, paying no mind to the scene around him. It was a bad idea to go recklessly, but he would attempt to try it anyways. Of course, this ran the risk of him ending up in the same position that Hydra ended up in, which was not something that anyone would like to end up having to do. But this was Sey, and Sey was Sey. Much said. That's as much as someone could Sey. Eventually, he found the puddle out of all the puddles that could have been found, enough said. "Yo Hydra! Hold onto the spear!" He would exclaim as he would lash his arm out forward with the weapon in hand, attempting to reach it towards the other player, but not get it stuck as well.

"Ah hi Sey... thanks." Hydra said awkwardly as he grabbed hold of Sey's spear, trying his best not to get any muddy water on it. After a while of tug and pull the young adventurer finally managed to free himself of the bog's grasp. "Thanks for the help." Hydra said half out of breath on his back looking up to the orange sky. With a few seconds of heavy breathing the brunette finally was able to muster some words. "Sorry about dragging you all the way out here, I was actually on a quest looking for a certain flower. I thought I saw one in there and well, you can probably guess what happened next." Hydra used the mossy trunk of a nearby willow to force himself up. He then faced Sey directly, something seemed different. It took Hydra a moment to realize "Woah, you've gotten powerful." He suddenly said blinking a few times, "Perhaps you could help me on this quest?"

"Not a problem. Sorry to see you ended up there for a bit. I wouldn't want to begin to imagine what would happen if you were stuck there." Sey would explain with a smile to the orange crystal player. It was as if the sky and the crystal were matching, it could be used as a way to blend the fact that he was a player killer. "A quest to find some flower? How much does that provide in rewards?" It was a simple sounding quest, so there was probably not much that came with it. But hey, if it was a free quest with some form of reward, then who would he be to deny such an offer? So he would then tilt his head to the side when he was asked if he'd like to come along. "Well why not? Is that really all we have to do though? There should be a description under the quest that gives you all of the information. Besides, I think a flower that ended up in that little trap probably was just that, a trap."

Hydra shook his head in response to Sey's question. "Sorry, I meant that flower is only one part. Rather we have to collect several types of flowers which will help uncover what sort of secrets lies beneath these swamps." The spearman realized how weird this must of sounded. How could finding flowers help uncover any secrets? Hydra had thought exactly that, but a quest was a quest. His snow haired friend suggested he got the quest description up, "Sure thing." After a while of looking through his game screen he finally found the quest, under the title <swamped> "Very funny..." The brunette thought to himself sarcastically. He read through the description once more, "Okay we need to find a total of seven types of flowers, three of them can only be obtained by finding them naturally, the other four we will need to fight through the various conditions of the marshlands in order to reach them." The young adventurer paused to regain his breath. "Once that has been achieved we get 8 skill points each... " He said laughing lightly.

Oh, so it was like a key to the real quest. And if it was layered in pieces like he would assume that it was, then there probably was going to be a huge reward that came along with it. Tilting his head to the side, he would then ask. “Any idea what kind of flowers?” He’d ask the other player, now curious. It seemed like he got his answer, as three of them could be find in the same way they could find materials, which meant that he was able to use his gatherer skill to handle the quest already. “Not a problem, I have gatherer, I’ll be able to get those three flowers in no time.” But then came the second part of the explanation, which would tell him that there were monsters that they had to fight in order to handle this. That made him very iffy about it, considering the types of monsters that were lurking on the top floor. However, when hearing about the 8 skill points… What!? Mate, you better be serious about this! I need those so badly!” So excited that even his British roots came out.

Hydra cleared his throat and got out the list of flowers needed, he didn't really know what any of these things were or actually looked like, but then again this whole floor was marshland. Any sighting of a flower would be good enough. "Im probably going to butcher these names, but this is what we need. A lily, a foxglove, a tulip, a lotus, a water poppy, some weeds... Oh and a mushroom. Not sure that counts as a flower but hey it's on the list." The spearman chuckled. His snow haired friend moved on to tell him he had the gatherer skill. "That will be perfect for finding the first three flowers!" Hydra said enthusiastically, Sey seemed just as happy about the reward as well, so much so he broke out a slight British accent not to different from Hydra's own northern one. A total of eight skill points was enough to gain him a decent amount of levels. The brunette thought about the sorts of creatures they'd have to face, he heard giant snakes, toads and catfish roamed these lands. Thankfully no spiders. "It's true if we are careless we could end up in a dilemma." Hydra's eyes eyes slowly drifted back over to the puddle he was just stuck in. "As long as we are careful they shouldn't pose a problem though." 

Edited by Hydra

"This is not going to be a problem then! I have there gatherer skill, so if these are anything like the enemies, we should be fine. The enemies dont seem to be much of a threat thanks to the previous tasks we did back in the past." If someone could try to translate what he was trying to say, they might be able to notice that he said that the monsters cant be too hard. The reason why this was a possibility was because of how they were able to handle the three headed dog about two quests ago. About three ago, they were able to get through a warfare. A quest ago, they stopped a tiger. Well, the latter two mentioned were probably meant to be given credit to Hydra, since he was the one that inflicted the most damage. But Sey hoped that he would not end up being a shackle like he was last time, since the enemies did not seem to have much of a problem, since they were not field bosses or anything of that nature. "Look at it like this. I am a scout and a fighter at the same time. If you just so happen to find some monsters along the way, then I can jump into it at any time."

Ooc - mobile post

(OOC - No problem :3)

It was true, the pair had taken on many a foe which had sounded far more deadly than the creatures on this floor. Hydra highly doubted if there would be any problems a few snakes or aquatic beasts would give them. "You're right, oh and your versatility across the various skills will definitely come in to use. Thanks for the aid." He nodded slightly in Sey's direction, a smile as usual was on his face. Hydra then moved onto to look at his general surroundings. To the North the willows grew denser forming some sort of a forest, to the East the bogs grew thicker and deeper, to the South it took them back to the settlement known as Lazaro, and to the West they could find themselves going upstream. "Now which way?" Hydra pondered to himself, puffing up his cheeks slightly and curling his mouth as he thought about it. After all there was nothing much to go on. Finally coming to a decision, "I suggest we head North or West for now, going South won't do us any favors and I don't trust myself not to get stuck in there again." The spearman gestured to the puddle which had by now already filled in the gap he had left.

“So if you come from the South, then yeah, we probably should go North. The South just lead you into a trap, and I don’t think we should end up falling for any more. Any flowers here, I would only trust with a grain of salt to be frank with you.” With that explanation, he’d look over towards the north direction, pacing his way over there. It was a bad idea to start the search now with a lack of trust in the area they were currently in. It was disappointing, since he saw all sorts of hidden materials, but each of them with a few oddly placed items around it. Some didn’t even fit the environment, making them obvious to him about what their true intentions were. Taking careful steps to avoid triggering a trap, he would make sure to keep his steps light as he would tread. If only floating were a thing, but this was supposed to be more or less a realistic fantasy setting. “How are you holding up back there?”

Hydra was a little more cautious than Sey in moving forward. Being much more perceptive than usual, this time looking out for any obvious holes in the ground or otherwise. "Im good, don't worry about me." He laughed slightly whilst scratching his cheek. Thankfully they had gone North into the willow forest, although it was still water clogged it was considerably less swampy than the other areas of the floor. Hydra continued to mull over some ideas whilst Sey would be the one searching for the materials. The young adventurer suddenly recalled a piece of important information. "Oh yeah, I heard on this floor although it is rare, a great storm can hit from time to time completely flooding the surrounding area." Hydra hadn't really considered it a possibility of happening, after all these storms were supposedly 'rare.' In any case it was a good enough reason to try and move through this all at a good pace. Whilst Sey continued in trying to find materials, he would prepare to think of combat strategies for any enemies they might come across.

And it seemed that storm really hit hard, since many of the areas around them were flooded. All of the flowers that he saw were drenched and washed up, not a single glow came in sight when they were nearing the north side. Dannnng, that storm must have really cleaned up well. All these flowers are washed up to the point of no return. And to find a variety of them, I can see why it might take a bit of time to get them.” He’d explain as he would continue to look through the area to see what he could find. It was most certainly a tough place to navigate, and the flowers were not anywhere near their area. It would probably take a while before they get to any of the items with a bit of hope for passing the quest. “Well shoot, this is not going to be as easy as I thought.”

@Hydra

ID: 73827

LD: 1

Edited by Sey

Unfortunately right after Hydra had warned Sey about the storms one could get on this floor, the pair found themselves in the aftermath of one "Sorry think I jinxed that." Hydra said apologetically whilst the back scratching of his neck. Upturned trees, some fish and various other objects littered the forests floor which had most likely been left stranded after the water had all drained. There were plenty of flowers as well, however none that they could use. "Mmm, you're right. Still im never going to pass on eight skill points!" Hydra tried to same it with the same enthusiasm, although it was a little more drained from before.

A flash of pink and purple suddenly caught Hydra's eye. "Huh? What's this." He leant down putting his hand in a puddle. The spearman could feel something slimy. With a slight tug he ripped out some oddly colored weeds which happened to be one of the items they had been looking for. "Well can't say these weeds look particularly healthy but I suppose it is a start." He said chuckling to himself.

@Sey

ID# 73831 results:

Loot: 20 (1/7 Flowers found)

Edited by Hydra

Rain!? And not just that, but another storm. What amazing timing, he could not think of a better time for such an event to occur. "Great, now navigation is going to be a fun ride. We just entered it, so it will be passing by depending on how big the clouds are. And I don't think they are a small amount..." He would explain as he looked down to the ground, seeing the water beginning to make a small little film on the bottom of their boots. But in doing so, he saw a few shining items on the ground as the water was sweeping them up. With Gatherer active, he would see them and quickly aim to pluck them from the ground while they were still useful. Upon examining the flowers, they would identify themselves. "I found the foxglove and the tulip! Now with those, we now have to find some monsters on this floor... In the rain... While we are still in this area... I don't think we're on the best grounds right now.

ID: 73873

LD: 20 (Gatherer, 1 + 3)

3/7 Flowers found

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

"Impressive." Hydra laughed as his snow haired friend managed to find the tulip and the foxglove. The gatherer skill truly was amazing at times. "Now that only leaves the lily, the lotus the water poppy... oh of course I can't forget the mushroom." The spearman suddenly felt the flow of water against his feet. Truth be told he secretly found the whole ordeal of being stuck in a great storm exciting. He had always associated himself with the element of water, unfortunately there wasn't much time to stand there and contemplate the deeper meaning to all of that. They had some monsters to slay. "Well I suppose we don't need to worry about becoming dehydrated." He said in a sarcastic but humorous tone. In the corner of his eye he suddenly caught a glimpse of something, brown and black. "Haha perhaps that is the mushroom! And you're right, we will be better off on dry ground." Without really thinking Hydra then proceeded to wade through the water which had now reached a level just above his knees. Whatever he saw it appeared to be moving towards his position fast, and it didn't look like a mushroom. "Huh..." Suddenly what appeared to be a monstrous sized catfish burst out aiming straight for Hydra. He managed to let out a slight yelp before falling backwards into the water. "What in Aincrad?!" Hydra gurgled as his mouth filled with water. He only just managed to stand back up to see the large catfish circling once more, unfortunately with all this water he was unable to activate his charge.

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 58 NRG | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN

[H:0] Sey - ???

Monstrous Catfish - 298/298 HP | 120 DMG

Edited by Hydra
mistyped monster stat - corrected

"What a weird looking monster. But it's not anything that we can't handle! Come on! I have boosted my damage, so this will be a piece of cake for us now." He would tell Hydra oh so confidently with a proud smile as he would uplift his spear once again. This time, he was going to use a sword art that costs a bit more energy than he should be exerting out from the weapon, but it was what it was, and Sey was willing to take risks at all times. With this in mind, he would thrust the weapon quickly four times to cut through the enemy easily. Upon doing so, he would end up doing a final fourth slash to end the little barrage, inflicting way more damage than he used to do at one point. Growing through the game felt great, it felt like a sudden syringe of energy had been shot through his bloodstream, and it did not even come with any pain either. "Get em Hydra!"

ID: 73839
BD: 3 + 3 = 6
Sword Art: Dragonfly Cutter - Stun - 4x2 - (11 Energy) - A multiple-hit sword art that chains together four consecutive thrusts.
Dmg: 8 x 4 x 2 = 64 Dmg

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 58 NRG | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN

[H:1] Sey - 500/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 40/50 Energy

Monstrous Catfish - 234/298 HP | 120 DMG

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Not only did Sey have a near perfect reaction time, but he also managed to stun the creature whilst doing a decent amount of damage. Hydra was still half under water by the time he managed to rise to the surface again. "Nush wokr." He spluttered out along with quite a bit of water. In any case the catfish had turned its attention from him onto Sey. Although thanks to Sey's <dragonfly cutter> this beast had become stunned meaning they'd both get another chance to attack. Hydra wasn't exactly sure what happened when he tried to stab it himself, maybe it was the fatigue, or perhaps it was fighting in this type of environment, however his spear flew well overhead hitting a nearby willow tree. "Whoops... haha my bad." He tried to laugh it off, although it was quite the misstrike. At least the brunette had the advantage of his heavy momentum triggering granting him a bonus to his next attack.

@Sey

ID# 73840 results:

Battle: 1 (Miss - Heavy momentum activates 4/8 DMG)

MOB: 6 <Stunned>

________

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 56/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 4/8

[H:1] Sey - 500/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 40/50 Energy

Monstrous Catfish - 234/298 HP | 120 DMG <Stunned> 

Edited by Hydra

"Don't worry about it dude. I made sure to stun it. Though I don't think it will be lasting for too much longer, so if there is anything that you want to do, I suggest you do it now!" Sey would exclaim before moving towards the enemy. He knew that stunning it twice was not going to work, since the game prevented him from spamming that status effect. It would make the paralysis effect useless unfortunately, and that was something that he would not prefer since he might make something based on that sort of enhancement. Keeping an opponent in place like he was doing here was giving him a sense of security, and it felt bliss for him. Once he got to the monster, he'd smash the spear against the bridge of the nose for the attack to land with a red critical showing above it's head before he leaped back out of the way for Hydra to capitalize.

ID: 73841

BD: 9
Sword Art: Furious Spike (1 x 6)
Dmg: 9 x 1 x 6 = 54 Dmg

________

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 56/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 4/8

[H:3] Sey - 500/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 35/50 Energy

Monstrous Catfish - 180/298 HP | 120 DMG <Stunned> 

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Hydra nodded, Sey had created the ideal opening, now was the best time to strike if any. Letting out a battlecry the spearman sent his spear crashing down into the water bringing up half the flood with him. Unfortunately the catfish was much quicker than expected and it managed to dodge his weapon with ease. Once again Hydra was surrounded by the glow of heavy momentum. However if he were to miss again the effects would no longer trigger. "Ah sorry, looks like I messed up again." Hydra knew he wasn't a master of combat but  he often felt useless when he couldn't land a hit. Sey was literally soloing this catfish. 

Hydra hadn't even noticed the catfish now coming back for yet another attack. As the brunette had done very little up until now, the monster was more focused on his snow haired friend. Swimming up and leaping out of the water, it missed by a few metres as it attempted to slam it's body into him. Instead its body crashed into a willow snapping the whole trunk in half. "Nice dodge!" Hydra said to Sey, although there was some concern in his voice at the fact this fish had just snapped a tree in half.

@Sey

ID# 73842 results:

Battle: 3 (Miss - Heavy momentum activates 8/8 DMG) 

MOB: 5 (Miss)

________

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 55/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 8/8

[H:3] Sey - 500/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 35/50 Energy

Monstrous Catfish - 180/298 HP | 120 DMG 

Edited by Hydra

"Oh come on, that was not fair! It nearly blew me away!" A stupid little pout before then being told that the dodge was nice, in which he would take that with a great amount of pride. "Thanks! Though I don't think this is going to end too well at this rate. I have only so much energy. Just keep trying! If we can end this monster off quickly, we can move onto the next!" It was an acceptance and a command at the same time. As a tactician, he should be able to pull this task off. It was not that hard to do, but it was something that he could do. Placing his spear up once again, he'd launch his body forward with the Furious Spike technique online once again, ready to pull off another swift attack that should inflict a good amount of damage. Upon arrive, he hit the bridge again, inflicting more pain as it would eventually stack.

ID: 73843

BD: 10
Sword Art: Furious Spike (1 x 6)
Dmg: 10 x 1 x 6 = 60 Dmg

________

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 55/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 8/8

[H:5] Sey - 500/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 35/50 Energy

Monstrous Catfish - 120/298 HP | 120 DMG

@Hydra

Edited by Sey