[RGQ-F12-PP] Swamped (Hydra, Sey)

Hydra felt as though he were watching a movie, incapable of doing anything. Sey once again landed a hit, he had single handedly taken this fish down at least half its hp now. A little bit more determined to help Hydra once again struck out. Unfortunately his aim was not true and once again he missed. "Grrrr." Hydra began to growl now, not at anything in particular, rather just to vent his own frustration out at himself. He turned and apologized to Sey once more only he was blocked by the giant catfish that had full on erupted from the water and flown into his snow haired friend. Hydra didn't want to think about how painful being hit by a giant catfish that had enough force to break a tree in half. He was sure Sey was fine but his friend had a point that if his energy were to run out and he himself were to keep missing, it could possibly end badly. Once again Hydra prepared to strike, one hit was all that would be needed.

@Sey

ID# 73845 results:

Battle: 3 (miss - heavy momentum full 8/8)

MOB: 10 (crit +2 dmg) = 122 - 30 MIT = 92 DMG to Sey

_______

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 54/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 8/8

[H:5] Sey - 408/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 35/50 Energy

Monstrous Catfish - 120/298 HP | 120 DMG

Edited by Hydra
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He kept missing, and Sey was the one that kept on hitting. In order for this to be done, he would end up having to end this monster on his own. Hopefully his loot would be good enough to claim the items and possibly two of them at the same time. It would waste far less time and make up for the amount that they were losing by doing this right now. The snow-haired player still did not have a good amount of damage unfortunately, it would prove fruitless to keep attacking and losing much energy. But despite this thought, he was extremely close to handling the enemy on his own. The hate generated on his own body was just far too high for him to be pushed off, even a tank that just entered the fray would have a hard time catching it. It then got to the point in which he would then strike again with the furious strike, reducing the health near the red zone.

ID: 73847

Battle: 4 + 3 = 7
Sword Art: Furious Spike (1 x 6)
Dmg: 8 x 1 x 6 = 48

Battlehealing: +20 HP

_______

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 54/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 8/8

[H:5] Sey - 428/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 30/50 Energy

Monstrous Catfish - 72/298 HP | 120 DMG

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Hydra felt a little bad, his friend had put most the work in and finally after missing again and again Hydra stole the kill with a <soul pierce>. It was quite the explosion, so much it blew Hydra a few feet backwards. The discharge of his heavy momentum, as well as landing a critical hit on the catfish, right where he wanted it meant a lot of force was being expended all at once. The spearman didn't really see what happened to the monster, just a bright white light and then some crystals. A single water poppy was all that remained, it must have dropped it for whatever reason. However this was still an item the two of them needed. "Sweet, sorry about stealing your kill by the way. All credit goes to you." Hydra bowed his head slightly and continued to forage through the water to check if anything else had dropped. It seemed the water poppy was the only thing. "Ah well on to the next one, do you want to take a rest?" He said empathetically turning back to Sey.

@Sey

ID# 73850 results:

Battle: 10 (13+2+8 = 23 Base - Heavy Momentum used 0/8)

MOB: 1 (miss)

SA: Soul Pierce (1x5) = 23x5 = 115 DMG to Catfish

_______

[H:2] Hydra - 595 HP | 50/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 0/8

[H:5] Sey - 428/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 30/50 Energy

Monstrous Catfish - 0/298 HP | 120 DMG (meets loot requirements = 1 flower)

Quest items:

(4/7 Flowers obtained)

Edited by Hydra

"Hey as long as we get the drop, I don't care how we get it. I was pretty close, but at least this makes things quicker, and it looks like..." Sey would then point behind Hydra to notice that there was not a gator behind him and in front of Sey. It seemed like they were going to have to fight some enemy now, two our of the four that they needed to hunt. They will get the quest done at this rate, the snow-haired player did not feel the slightest bit tired about this. "Seems like we are going to have to fight another enemy right there. You an have the first go at it, maybe you could even oneshot it if you are lucky. If not, I'll try to finish the job, or at least stun it so that you can go for the kill again. That seems to be all that I'm really good at anyways." It was not even him being hard on himself, it was just him saying the truth.

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 50/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 0/8

[H:0] Sey - 434/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 30/50 Energy

Large Gator - 298/298 HP | 120 DMG

Hydra turned his head slightly after Sey pointed something out. The pair had literally just finished fighting a catfish only for an alligator to show up. Hydra nearly screamed, at the end of the day a fish was a fish but this was an alligator. An ancient massive prehistoric beast which could eat animals twice its size. Fumbling about for his weapon the spearman then tried to stab at it however the Water Serpent's fang  only made contact with water "Ironic..." he though to himself. Thankfully Hydra was so on guard that he just about managed to evade its massive open jaw clenching down on him.

"Argh sorry! Looks like I missed again and don't say that, you have done more to these things today than me." At least the alligator was easier to make out, despite the murky water its green skin stood out so he could actually see it coming. For now it was focused on him, if things were to go like last time however he wouldn't be surprised if it turned its attention on to Sey.

@Sey

ID# 73875 results:

Battle: 2 (sigh - HM activates 4/8)

MOB: 4 (miss)

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 49/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 4/8

[H:0] Sey - 434/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 30/50 Energy

Large Gator - 298/298 HP | 120 DMG

Edited by Hydra

"Well, regardless of whoever did more and whoever did not, that gator does not seem to play favorites. So we should focus on trying to get it." He would explain to the brunette before the gator exosed itself from the side for a certain snow-haired player to take advantage of. His spear would again coat in light blue light when he triggered the sword art that he was aiming to trigger. So with that done, he would then rush his body towards the enemy gator before slicing once with a major amount of impact. His body also seemed to be patching itself back up as more time was passing, the battlehealing showing very much use to him now that he advanced a bit further in the tiering system. He would look towards the enemy as it got up, then looked to Hydra. "Looks like you are up now."

ID: 73877

BD: 4 + 3 = 7

Sword Art : Furious Spike (1 x 6)

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 49/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 4/8

[H:1] Sey - 454/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 25/50 Energy

Large Gator - 250/298 HP | 120 DMG

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Hydra tried to get over his own self doubt but it was beginning to spiral now. The more he missed the worst he was getting. Even with heavy momentum triggering it didn't mean a thing if he could never land a hit. Sighing to himself the spearman proceeded to try and divert the alligators attention. No luck. The prehistoric beast was set on Sey, fortunately his snow haired friend was agile enough to evade its jaws. The spearman would apologies again but he was sure his friend would understand by now.

Hydra paced back in the water slightly and prepared <merciless flurry> for the next turn. "Just one hit would be nice." He mumbled to himself as he raised his left arm to head height. He hadn't even had the chance to use his concentration yet, just because of how bad his accuracy was. Taking in a deep breath he prepared to attack once more.

ID# 73878 results:

Battle: 2 (-_- HM activates 8/8)

MOB: 3 (miss)

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 48/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 4/8

[H:1] Sey - 454/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 25/50 Energy

@Sey

Edited by Hydra

“Well shoot, it seems like this is not one of our best days.” The snow-haired player would announce as he would lash forward again, trying to end the fight like he did last time. It did seem like a paralysis effect was not going to have too much use as of right now, and considering how much energy he needed to waste in order for him to do that, it might as well be useless for him to even try. But since he was going to try, he would try to attack from the front since the gator was very much focused on him rather than Hydra. When he slashed, it narrowly ducked under his attack, resulting in the unsuccessful result. It probably would lash at him again, so he would leap back and hold his weapon up, expecting retaliation from the reptile in front of him. For better or worse, it would likely miss again.

ID: 73880

Battle: 1 (Critical Fail, can't adjust)

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 48/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 4/8

[H:1] Sey - 454/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 24/50 Energy

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

"Nah you have done your part. It's just me not doing mine." Hydra said as yet again he missed. Perhaps it was the flood having an effect on his aim, perhaps he was unlucky, or perhaps it was a combination of the three. To make matters worse the alligator managed to bite his snow haired friend in the leg. Although he wasn't below half health just yet Hydra couldn't stand it when a friend got damaged because of his effectiveness. Once again Hydra prepared the same stance, activating his <merciless flurry> sword art. For a moment he glanced up to the sky, he didn't believe in a greater being as such but if there was any hidden force to this game he would now ask for its blessing. "Please... er Aincrad? Grant me some accuracy, let my blade strike true." The water had risen further now a little bit above the waist and the storm had begun to come down in a hard. Lightning flashed somewhere in the distance. "Well this livens things up a bit."

ID# 73882 results:

Battle: 2 (miss - HM full)

MOB: 8 (hit) 120 - 30 MIT = 90 DMG to Sey

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 47/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 8/8

[H:1] Sey - 364/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 24/50 Energy

@Sey

Edited by Hydra

Seems like Hydra was facing a nightmare of a time. He was the one that could inflict any form of damage out of the both of them, yet neither of them were going to get too far. Sey was far too lucky, and it hurt knowing that his luck became a curse for someone else. It was even affecting him as well, the energy was within the yellow point and about to enter the red zone. This took a long time for sure, and all for nothing for there will be more enemies coming up later and he was going to be empty on his tank. While he could refuel on energy by taking a break, that would just be a massive waste of time. "Well, we can only hope to keep trying. Just one hit should be able to do the trick man."  He would explain before hitting it again With the with the same spanned furious spike.

ID: 73885

BD: 4 + 3 = 7

Sword Art : Furious Spike (1 x 6)

[H:0] Hydra - 595 HP | 47/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 8/8

[H:2] Sey - 384/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 19/50 Energy

Large Gator - 202/298 HP | 120 DMG

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Finally what seemed after a decade of trying, Hydra finally got the hit he wanted in and Sey was right, thanks to the enhancement triggering a single use of merciless flurry was enough to kill the alligator. Unfortunately Hydra was still to slow to stop it from attacking Sey so he took a bit more damage, although a good rest would hopefully recover most of that health as well as his battle armor ability. As the alligator got it's last bite in Hydra went straight for the underbelly cutting into it twelve times. There was a brief second before the creature shattered into crystals dropping yet another one of the flowers they were after, the lotus. "I wonder why these animals are holding these as items in the first place?" He pondered, maybe when he accepted the quest they were programmed in to just drop. "Nice work by the way, sorry I couldn't get a hit in sooner." Hydra said turning back to his friend.

ID# 73886 results:

Battle: 7 (hit - HM used 0/8)

MOB: 8 (hit)  120 - 30 MIT = 90 DMG to Sey

SA: <Merciless Flurry> (12x1) = (13+8) x 12 = 252 DMG to Large Gator

[H:1] Hydra - 595 HP | 33/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | HM 0/8

[H:2] Sey - 294/500 l 3 ACC l 8 DMG l 30 MIT l 19/50 Energy

Large Gator - 0/298 HP | 120 DMG (meets loot requirements = 1 flower)

Quest items:

(5/7 Flowers obtained)

@Sey

Edited by Hydra

"You nailed it hard! It was not quite your day, but that saved a lot of time. Though we should probably not get into any more fights for the moment. I am about to run low on energy. How many flowers do we have right now?" He would ask the brunette while placing the butt of his spear down onto the ground. The energy bar was slowly rising back up to the original state that it was once in, though at that was a very slow pace. So if they were to stay still, they would minimize the chances of an encounter. Two beings moving often were bound to find each other, despite how much of a maze that the rain made it seem to be. He was grateful though, it prevented his body from reaching the point of having his body overheating. "Also, once we have the flowers, what are we to do with them? If they offer 8 SP, they probably provide more tasks, right?"

1/3 Posts out of combat.

Hydra took a look at the quest list, it appeared so far the pair had collected a total of five of the seven flowers between them. "We have two left to go." He said glancing upwards, a weary smile on his face. Sey mentioned a rest which the brunette was more than happy to take him up on. "Haha, I think you definitely deserve to replenish your energy, sure that is absolutely fine." He broke out into a slight laugh. Although there was the concern of where they could rest, after all, they were stuck dead in the middle of a storm. Glancing around the spearman noticed a grouping of willow trees which provided a little dry ground for them to shelter under. After wading their way through the flood they eventually reached it. Sey mentioned about what to do once they had the flowers. "Oh right..." Hydra scratched his head a little. "Well according to the quest, it's to see what the wildlife and ecology is like on this floor. I think the quest automatically completes itself, or if I need to give it to an NPC it will possibly suggest so at the time." 

1/3 Posts out of combat.

"Thanks man, you have no idea how hard it is to sit back and watch the show. So much work." Sey would joke with a smile as he would chuckle a little bit, it was nice having just a regular chat. This was a fun moment, and one that ended up giving a huge reward at the end of the day. Sure, they had to make sure to take a break and that was killing their advancement, but that was better than running on little to no damage to hit with. That may not be the case with the third monster, but it would definitely be with the fourth if they had the luck that they were having consistently for a long amount of time. "All right,  so we just learn about it by getting flowers. That is definitely an interesting way to go about things, but that is not something I don't particularly mind either. I can think of a few floors that I prefer to this one, like floor 4, where the winter wonderland is. I love snow, despite how cold it is and how sad the floor is supposed to be."

2/3 posts out of combat.

The two talked for a while as the storm raged on, the energy bars slowly recovering. "Haha I will try my best next time, but no promises!" Hydra said with a chuckle in response to Sey's joke. Everyone needed to stop and relax every now and then, it was what made one human. The brunette thought back to the two creatures they faced. One had been an alligator and the other some sort of giant fish. "I wonder if the creatures only come out during the storms." The spearman pondered, it was true he hadn't faced anything up until then and both were somehow related to the water. After a bit more talking his snow-haired friend moved on to tell him that the fourth floor was a favorite of his. "That is also a favorite of my own," Hydra responded in a sincere tone. "I usually travel there at night, the snow in the moonlight I find truly mystical at times. As for this floor, well..." He paused to think about it, truth be told he quite liked it. Rather he liked the storms and had a particular fondness for willow trees. The downside was the constant swamps and bogs. "I suppose it is okay..." Hydra said with a smile.

2/3 posts out of combat.

"Would you place a house here? Not here as in this exact location, but in general. Would you put a house on this floor?" He'd ask as he would then tilt his head to the side. It was a lot of marsh, not the happiest weather either. But snow looked beautiful to him, and a burden to others. Glasshouses were glasshouses. Still though, if Sey ever had the option, he would definitely put a house on the fourth floor. But he was not given such a bliss and happy option, so he had to stick with the shop in the town of beginnings. It was a humble little shop, surely, but he planned to make it worth something later. He was getting through all of the baby steps. "I have never been here sadly enough. The monsters spawning is something I can't quite predict. All I know is that they all seem to pack a nasty punch really. Glad we did not come across the group of them, or else we might have been in some serious danger."

*Energy Restored*

Edited by Sey

Hydra had to think a little about that question. It was quite the tough one, "Well let's see. I dislike heat so that rules out floor 5 and 9 for certain. Though I don't think anyone would like to live there anyway. The rest of the floors are okay, although likewise floor four would be my ideal destination. As for this floor itself, I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world, I mean it is not the most attractive place let's be honest." Hydra laughed a little. Sey moved on to tell him he had no idea how the monsters were appearing either. In any case, they would soon find out because the storm had finally died down, and the flood had begun to disperse. "We must have been here a while," Hydra said a little surprised, time could really pass with conversation. Standing up Hydra shook away any loose rain in his hair, not that it mattered he was practically drenched anyway. "Alright so we can either head deeper into the swamps now, or we can go find that river, do you have a preference?" Hydra would ask Sey in his usual friendly tone.

*Energy Restored*

"I think we would have more luck in the river." He would reply as he would continue to explain. "See, we cleared a couple monsters out in the swamp, and being one of the higher floors, monster spawns are probably not that common in an area we just looked through. If we take on a fresh area, I think we should have some more luck." With this, he would then tilt his head to the side, waiting to see what the brunette would tell him. There were plenty of ways to approach this, and he was the one that could inflict major damage. Sey was just the one that could hold off and gather hate so that he was the one taking the damage rather than Hydra. Still though, a use was a use, and he felt like he was serving a good one. "At the end of the day though, your call. I give you advice, but you can lead the way. I'll follow regardless, you found the quest anyways."

"The river is a good idea." Hydra would respond light-heartedly. Once the storm had died down the pair could begin to make their move. The walk was probably another ten minutes or so of chat before they finally reached the destination, fortunately, the area had fewer swamps surrounding it meaning it was relatively easy to get to. "Alright, so I guess we are after the lily and the mushroom." Hydra would continue reading off the list. It seemed that finding the items had nothing to actually do with the general environment, rather it was just the luck of the draw with the creature they happened to defeat at the time. "I guess we just keep our eyes open now," Hydra mumbled. Suddenly the sound of hissing filled the air, "Twilight have you finally woken up." The spearman said peering down into his suit of armor. "Huh?" His familiar was fast asleep as usual. As Hydra turned to glance around a huge water snake suddenly erupted from the river aiming for him and Sey. Once again Hydra would be the latter to react. 

______

Hydra - 595/595 HP | 58/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

Sey - ???/???

Water Snake - 298/298 HP | 120 DMG

Edited by Hydra

"Seems like it responded, prepare to attack, I'll stun it quickly!" And that command was executed as the water snake would lash out to the both of them. Sey would be the one to take the bullet since he declared the first attack, charging four strikes at one time in four vital points, causing the monster to move around in a not-so graceful way. The stun effect had been shown, and it was clear that severe damage had been inflicted onto it. The damage that he took had a pretty good effect on him though, as he felt a ripple of damage being covered a little bit by his battlehealing, but not too much. Still though, it was nothing that he could sneeze at, and he had to be a bit more careful. Fortunately, with the snake still stunned, it would be a nice and easy fight for him, at least to heal a little bit more of the wound to be clotted if not anything else. If Hydra landed the next strike, it was up to him to handle the rest.

ID: 73948
BD: 9
Sword Art: Dragonfly Cutter - Stun - 4x2 - (11 Energy) - A multiple-hit sword art that chains together four consecutive thrusts.
Dmg: 9 x 4 x 2 = 72 Damage

MD: 7
Dmg: 120 - 30 Mit - 20 BH = 70 Dmg

[0] Hydra - 595/595 HP | 58/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

[2] Sey - 430/500 l 8 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 40/50 Energy

Water Snake - 226/298 HP | 120 DMG (Stunned)

@Hydra

Edited by Sey