[RGQ-F12-PP] Swamped (Hydra, Sey)

Sey reacted first attacking the water snake and stunning it in a second. Unfortunately, as Hydra lashed out himself, his spear once again missed. "Ah well." His frustration was a lot lower thanks to the break they took. After all, his whole build was designed around missing and then to follow up with an incredibly powerful strike. All that was required was for him to land either the next attack or the one following, today had really not been a good one but perhaps his luck was finally about to kick in. Pacing back a bit he raised his arm once more and prepared his <merciless flurry>, unfortunately, the charge bonus had gone. "Deep breaths..." He whispered to himself. Glancing back up at Sey he called out, "Sorry, about all this." Hydra felt a little bad, his snow-haired friend had been carrying them the whole quest practically, if he wasn't here Hydra could have been out here for months before he finished.

ID# 73962 results:

Battle: 2 (miss - HM activates 4/8)

[0] Hydra - 595/595 HP | 56/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 4/8 HM

[2] Sey - 430/500 l 8 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 40/50 Energy

Water Snake - 226/298 HP | 120 DMG (Stunned)

@Sey

Edited by Hydra
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like the pattern was starting all over again. Perhaps it was just luck, because there was no way a player could be missing so much. It just seemed unreal to him. Placing his spear up, but keeping his head to the side towards Hydra, he would then reply in turn. "Just keep trying. The last monster went down a bit quicker, so perhaps the luck is slowly shifting." Sey would explain before return his stance to once prepared to leap, right before he did of course. Another blue light, another leap, another furious spike. It was an endless pattern until he ran out of energy, which he probably will not be doing for a long time. Once he sealed the attack onto the enemy it would be lowered to the point in which it was near out of commission. The yellow point was all it took for Hydra to wipe it from existence. For Sey, it would probably take about another three or four hits to do the same. The damage difference is still existent.

ID: 73963

Battle: 8
Sword Art: Furious Spike (1 x 6)
Dmg: 8 x 1 x 6 = 48 Damage

MD: 4 (Stunned anyways)

[0] Hydra - 595/595 HP | 56/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 4/8 HM

[3] Sey - 450/500 l 8 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 35/50 Energy

Water Snake - 178/298 HP | 120 DMG (Stunned)

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Hydra nodded, before taking in yet another deep breath. It helped his concentration. When Sey provided the opportunity to strike he once again surged forward all at once and activated his merciless flurry. "A hit!" Hydra would let out as his spear went sailing into the giant water snake for a total of twelve times. The damage wouldn't have been enough without Sey's own sword arts, Hydra appreciated it. However, thanks to the efforts of the two combined this time Hydra was finally able to finish killing the creature within the second turn of combat. "Phew, for a second I thought I was going to miss again." He laughed lightly to himself. Once again it appeared the creature had dropped some loot, more specifically the lily. Which gave them 6 of the seven flowers needed in order to complete the quest. "Guess we only have the mushroom left to collect," Hydra mumbled to himself. For that, they'd most likely need to travel to the bogs which were one of the only places he hadn't yet visited.

ID# 73965 results:

Battle: 8 (Hit, HM used - 0/8)

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = (13+4HM) x 12 = 204 DMG to Water Snake

______

[0] Hydra - 595/595 HP | 43/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

[3] Sey - 450/500 l 8 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 35/50 Energy

Water Snake - 0/298 HP | 120 DMG (meets loot requirements = 1 flower)

Quest items: (6/7 Flowers collected) @Sey

Edited by Hydra

"It seems like your luck is slowly growing. I dunno what was going on before, but I am glad that it is over." Sey would explain as he would look up to the energy bar that he had. It was in a good condition for being able to kill one more monster. If they were going to have the best of cases, Sey would be able to stun the monster, Hydra would bring it to the red zone, and then the snow haired player would be the one to deliver the finishing blow onto whatever the final enemy was. They were gaining much progress, and the quest would then be over. That would classify as being explored and discovered. That was fine by him, as if he would complain about getting a massive lump of skill in this quest. "Well, we have to continue fighting then for that last flower. Any idea where it might be located? Because I have no idea."

"Mmm, we will need to go back to the bog area I believe," Hydra said sighing slightly. At least they had nearly completed the quest now if everything went according to plan they would both shoot up a few levels. Tossing his spear over his shoulder, as usual, the spearman then proceeded to move back downstream with a pace in his step. Hydra began to hum a little tune to himself on the way before glancing in Sey's direction. "Hey, do you have a shop?" Hydra didn't actually know, the two hadn't really talked about their lifestyles in the game, this would be the first time the spearman bought it up. Perhaps his snow-haired friend was busy doing other things, in any case, Hydra was intrigued to find out and it was a good enough way to kill some time. The brunette thought back to his own shop, certainly, it wasn't that well known because Hydra had decided to take a place in the middle of nowhere, for now it was a good enough place to call home at least. The second floor was one of his favorites as well, being relatively safe and having good general scenery. 

"A shop? Well not in that term, but I do have a restaturant. Rank six chef Sey at your service. Sorry, but I can't make anything like weapons or anything of the sort. I'm still waiting on a couple orders myself." He would explain as he would place his hands in his pockets and look around to see if there was a bog around them. It would be nice if they could find the last flower, but he learned in games that the longer that an area was being explored and as more monsters were being cleared, the lower the rates of the needed monsters would be around. It was an unfortunate fact, but it was a real one as well, and he could understand why it would be implemented in the game. "If you need any food, I'll gladly be there to cook. As for you? What profession do you run? I could always use another recommendation and look-to area if I need to get something. Hopefully something needed soon at least."

"A restaurant sounds good, I will need to visit. I haven't had a good meal in a while." Hydra chuckled. He was certain Sey was an excellent cook. Hydra paused to think about the next question. "I was an artisan, also Rank 6 and at the time the only one in the trade. Unfortunately, after I went rogue by the time I had returned another player had taken my place like I the one before me. Now my store is quite dead, but to be honest, I don't mind too much. I have enough col to keep me on my feet for now." Hydra didn't exactly know the other artisan who had become popular, however, he was sure they were a good person. "Oh and likewise, if you ever need something crafting I will try my best to make it. Although I have been low on materials for a while now." The pair walked for a while until they reached the bogs, the ground was half waterlogged creating the typical muddy puddles. Gritting his teeth the spearman pushed forward. "I have no idea why we would find a mushroom here but I guess it's the only area where we haven't encountered a MOB yet." There was a shred of doubt in his voice but it was the best idea he had.

"Oooooo, an Artisan. I have someone who does that pretty well, not sure if you mean them. But hey, bringing back a profession can't be too hard, not if it requires a bit of hard work. But if you have the col, then you should probably be all right." Sey would explain as he would then look around to see if there was anything that would hint them towards where they needed to go. Sadly enough, it seemed like they were not able to find any yet. Until... They got to the beginning of the bogs. A shadowy figure out in the distance would reveal, though it was nothing he could identify at his skill level. "Dude, I think I found it. We should be careful, we don't even know if it knows of our existence or not." He'd explain. The system did not recognize them to be engaged in a fight, so it seems like they have yet to be noticed. Once the NPC monster knew of them however, the system locks them in battle until one party wins.

Hydra was a little confused as to who Sey was talking about. "Errr..." He turned his head to see what appeared to be some sort of shadowy figure in the distance. "What is that thing?" Hydra said a little concerned, after all, it wasn't every day the brunette encountered such a strange looking thing. Especially in the middle of the twelfth floor. Trying to distract himself he answered the question Sey had asked a second earlier. "Oh yeah, it might be them, well as far as I am aware there aren't too many artisans in SAO right now." Hydra then proceeded to enter the swamp like area. Although he did keep a cautious eye on whatever that figure was, he didn't want to provoke it any sort of way, after all, there was no telling what it could do. Turning his head and looking over his shoulder at his friend the spearman gave a confused look. "What should we do? Turn back or?..." The sound of something from up ahead suddenly rung through the atmosphere, Hydra was now even more confused but he had never heard anything like it. The closest was the Rudolph creature they had taken on in the Christmas event and that was an undead reindeer. "I think we have some company approaching." He mumbled now firmly gripping the spear on his back.

"Whatever it is, it does not seem like be a friendly thing. We should probably try to avoid it... I can't even scan it's level or anything. It seems to have blown data that we can't scan from this distance, or I can't at least." Shaking his head from side to side as he would eventually give up on trying to scan it. For some reason, he felt like it would be a better idea to get away from something like that. Usually, he could scan something pretty easily and tell whether or not they could fight it. But something that was able to obtain nothing but the question mark symbol when he tried to understand it, that was something he was not more than happy to deal with. Hydra would then warn of the incoming intruder arriving. "All right, I'll let you take the first swing this time. You know what to do." Sey would then pluck out his spear from the side and hold it up, ready to get into the battle whenever it was his time.

[0] Hydra - 595/595 HP | 58/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

[0] Sey - 448/500 l 8 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 50/50 Energy

Zombie Deer - 298/298 HP | 120 DMG

Hydra didn't even want to question what the creature they were facing was this time, however, it seemed pretty out of place compared to the rest of the creatures that they had already fought on this floor. Sey gave him the honors of striking first this time, which he gladly accepted. Activating his <charge> skill the spearman rushed forward preparing to cut the Zambie in half, unfortunately, he forgot they were in a swamp like an environment, so found half way over his foot was stuck in a bog. "Oh no, not again." Hydra half growled half sighed to himself. "Perhaps I should invest in some accuracy?" He mulled over nearly forgetting the situation they were in. Glancing up it appeared the Zambie had also managed to get itself caught in the mud and Hydra couldn't help but laugh a little. "Sorry, Sey looks like it's up to you whilst I sort this out." He called back to his Snow-haired friend.

ID# 73968 results:

Battle: 4 (miss - HM activates 4/8)

MOB: 1 (miss)

_______

[0] Hydra - 595/595 HP | 56/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

[0] Sey - 448/500 l 8 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 50/50 Energy

@Sey

Edited by Hydra

"Not a problem! I'll just stun it and we can kickstart this battle!" As if he were so sure that he was going to land the strike. But then the attempt was made, and despite how much higher his accuracy was, he actually missed the weird looking deer. It was not able to be stunned thanks to how he missed, and that was not even the worst part of it either. They both missed, so perhaps both of them were sharing the same amount of luck. If so, they were going to be standing and hitting dead air for a long time. "Oh no... This is bad, we can't let this happen!" he would declare as he would jump back, preparing to lash when the right time came. He missed, and that was something that he could not let happen so easily. Next strike, he was going to hit and stun the enemy for sure. But since he missed for the moment, he might as well just try to hold his own until the next attack came along.

ID: 73970

Battle: 1 (Listen, this ain't changing regardless of ACC)

_______

[0] Hydra - 595/595 HP | 56/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

[0] Sey - 448/500 l 8 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 49/50 Energy

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

By the time Hydra had managed to free himself from the mud it appeared Sey had taken his turn and missed. "Maybe next time, you only need to miss about eight more times to catch up with me." Hydra chuckled. Now the spearman was more determined to make sure that gap didn't grow larger so finally after freeing himself he rushed forward to strike at the Zambie. Thankfully the deer itself had only just gotten free of the puddle meaning it was an easy target. Hydra sent his <Merciless Flurry> into the best all at once, crystals flew everywhere however it still wasn't enough to bring the beast down to 0, at least it was practically in the red zone now. "Your up Sey!" Hydra called out once more pacing back a few steps as the creature tried to gorge him only to miss. The ending of the quest was now in site, as soon as this thing fell the two would get a significant power increase. At least he hoped they would.

ID# 73986 results:

Battle: 8 (thanks law of averages, hit - HM used +4DMG)

MOB: 2 (miss)

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = (13+4) x 12 = 204 DMG to Zombie Deer

_______

[1] Hydra - 595/595 HP | 43/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

[0] Sey - 448/500 l 8 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 49/50 Energy

Zombie Deer - 94/298 HP | 120 DMG @Sey

Edited by Hydra

Seems like they were gaining progress on the fool, making sure to end it quickly before it would get a chance to kill them. They both missed, but now they brought it down to the massive red zone, which was something that he needed now. The enemy won’t get a chance to strike back, as Sey would aim to cut through it’s vital muscles before it got the chance to use them. With four successful swift strikes, he would end up stunning the enemy before leaping back for Hydra to continue taking care of. It was in an extremely low point now, so it was best for it to be left alone. Placing his hands in his pockets, he would look over to the other player, hoping that they can do it. If not, the monster was stunned, so it probably would not be able to fight back against himself. So that was not really a worry.

ID: 73987

Battle: 7

Sword Art: Dragonfly Cutter - Stun - 4x2 - (11 Energy) - A multiple-hit sword art that chains together four consecutive thrusts.
Dmg: 8 x 4 x 2 = 64 Dmg

_______

[1] Hydra - 595/595 HP | 43/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

[1] Sey - 468/500 l 8 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 39/50 Energy

Zombie Deer - 30/298 HP | 120 DMG (Stunned)

@Hydra

Edited by Sey

Hydra looked at the deer as it lay stunned and crippled in the mud. If it had been the real thing, he knew he wouldn't bring himself to kill it however this was different. The way he saw it was that he was putting this undead version to rest. He slowly approached the deer and raised his spear up high before ending by activating merciless flurry. A moment later it shattered dropping the final quest item they had been after, the mushroom. Hydra was still confused as to how this classified as a flower but a quest was a quest. "Alright we did it." Hydra said letting out a long drawn out sigh of relief. Turning to face Sey he bowed his head slightly "Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it." the brunette said, the sky had almost grown dark by now but the two still had some time to kill. "Oh that's right we need to hand these in, I guess its not automated." Hydra mumbled. Opening up the quest description it appeared the place they needed to visit was a tavern not far from there current position. "Sorry about this, apparently it needs handing in at a nearby tavern. Hope you don't mind." Hydra said closing the quest description and slinging his spear over his shoulder as usual.

ID# 73988 results:

Battle: 8 (hit)

MOB: 7 (hit - stunned)

SA: Merciless Flurry (12x1) = 13x12 = 156 DMG to Zombie Deer

______

[2] Hydra - 595/595 HP | 33/58 Energy | 13 DMG | 66 MIT | 18 RGN | 0/8 HM

[1] Sey - 468/500 l 8 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 ACC l +20 BH l 39/50 Energy

Zombie Deer - 0/298 HP | 120 DMG (Stunned) (meets loot requirements = 1 quest item)

Quest items: (7/7 Flowers obtained) @Sey

Edited by Hydra

"As if I would mind, the skill points are definitely worth the trouble. And hope far could the village be. Afraid I dont know where to go, so you will have to lead the way for me." sey would explain as he would put away the spear that he had equipped before, seeing how he will not be needing it anymore. Their mission was done, and the heck of a lot of skill points he planned to use for his weapon. Seeing what Hydra could do with it, he was going to make sure to handle the job of sword arts and getting martial arts. The damage he would inflict would certainly be mighty. "Thanks for showing me this quest. This is going to really help me out a lot. And i seems like you were able to get your mojo back from fighting against the deer." Sey would explain with a smile, recalling how they were able to beat the monsters thanks to the orange crystaled player. A player killer who helped green players, something deemed to be a rare being. To the point in which Sey could actually catch up.

Hydra had the general directions although he didn't know much about the location it was supposedly in. "Haha and don't worry about it! If you weren't here I would probably still be fighting that catfish." He laughed to himself. Speaking of which with this Sey would have practically caught up to his level after handing this quest in. Hydra himself was only rising at a steady rate so sooner or later his snow-haired friend would have overtaken him. The thought pleased Hydra, his friend could grow to be one of the frontliners and he was secretly glad he had done something to aid him along the way even if it was small. By the time they had reached the tavern Hydra found himself to be in quite the light mood, although tired from the day's events. The tavern itself was isolated to one side of the road which made things a bit easier thanks to his orange cursor. As the pair approached the front door hooded figure stood to one side suddenly approached them. For whatever reason, it appeared this was the NPC the quest needed to be handed in to. "Is this the mysterious cardinal?" Hydra pondered. He didn't really know who that was but in any case, he handed the quest in. They had achieved what was needed showing that various flowers did grow in the marshlands of the twelfth floor.

"Pfft, one of those days you would have been able to strike. Imagine how much damage you would have done then with all of that rage built up." Sey would explain as they were soon nearing the village. Once hydra gave the items, the cardinal would clean them of the flowers in their inventory. And in exchange, a little col and a heck of a lot of skill points. Upon seeing the quest reward given, he would lightly slap the shoulder of his partner as he used his other hand to point towards his reward hud screen. "Dude! Look at this!" He would exclaim as he put all of the skill points into his inventory. This amount was the exact amount needed in order to get the job done, he could now get the weapon of his grandmastered. "Thanks man, this is a huge help. We should get outta here. See ya again! Oh, and if you get any more of these quests, dont hesitate to message me."

"Damn now I won't be the only one rank 5, one-handed spear user." Hydra let out with a jolly laugh. "This means competition!" He equipped his spear and raised it with his left arm so that the sharp end was pointing at Sey, the rest of the weapon was parallel to his harm. "Until we next meet," Hydra said with a smile, as though the gesture was that similar to a handshake. The spearman then lets out a yawn showing it was nearly time to call it a night. He personally had no idea what he would use his skill points in next, perhaps more damage or perhaps the precision mod would be a generally good idea. Then again that could possibly ruin his heavy momentum style of play. "Argh, why does this have to be so hard," Hydra said rubbing his head as though the whole thing were too much to think about. Looking back up he noted what his snow-haired friend just asked, "And of course I don't know when that'll next be. Hopefully sooner rather than later." 

"Challenge accepted! I'll wreck you in one-handed spear wielding!" Placing his hands in his pockets, he would then make his way back home nodding in agreeance. It was a fun time, and they were able to benefit greatly from it. He could not wait for the next time in which they get to ace off against those sorts of monsters. They got the flowers and got the rewards that were offered, and this cute little boost will allow the both of them to rise up way higher in the game. It was getting to a point in which his own power was something to be reckoned with. He was about to get to the highest of high levels when it comes to the weapons, so that was a plus that was in his favor. So with this done, he would make his way back from such a high floor all the way back down where his shop would be. He had some items to be made for his customers. He put them on hold for too long.

Edited by Sey