[OP-F1] So, You Want To Be Powerful? (Emerald Harbinger Recruitment) <<14/16 people have joined>>

Hei listened to Vargas responses and tried to remember all that he had learned so far. - the emerald harbringers have five groups within, each specialized in one action. There are tanks and dps, which will be the core for fighting bosses. And there are advisors, who are probably some kinde of guild leader league, and maybe like judges? Bodyguards sounds like they defend and help members out of big fights and the information department collects information and is in charge of giving the needed info to who needs it. - this was interesting for Hei and he began thinking about which he would join, as there was no doubt thet he would join the harbringers today.

"You said the DPS team is headed by Aoda? I might talk with him, but first I'll ask Stryder if he could wait for me, might be interested in talking to Hydrara too." So Hei had a look for a player, which could be Stryder, but there was no player leaving just now. - he might have left already. So I might have to look for Hydra for myself. - he thought, and turned back to Vargas. "Thank you very much for all the information you could provide, and I believe in us becoming guild mates today."
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I have actually had the pleasure of meeting Hydra not too long ago.  For my first quest in the game, he decided to take me with him to fight "The Emerald Hatchling".  It was, a surreal experience to say the least.  I had noticed his guild marker, but I didn't know that this was the guild that he was a part of, I find that very intriguing."  Zero says before allowing himself to try to listen into as many conversations around him as he could.  He made note that the person who had just arrived shortly was not only Atzo's brother, but was also his bodyguard.  That made a lot of logical sense as a sibling would likely be more invested in the survival of his sibling than just an ordinary bodyguard and player.  Zero's mind was quickly putting together quite a lot of pieces.  While the guild might have seemed small and disorganized at first glance, it was obvious from just a few moments of conversations that this guild had a plan and they were actually making steps to implement those plans and be one of the true power players in here.  With the way they were being organized and set up, given enough time they could actually be a top tier guild and possibly give those currently on the frontlines with the assualt teams a run for there money.

"My interest is definitely piqued.  While I wasn't much of a guild person in other MMOs, I suppose that this isn't like any other MMO now is it?  I'd love to hear about the different divisions within the guild, how they are determined who is in which division, how they are run and with the general expectations of players within your guild are."  Zero asked his question but had yet to determine if he was going to commit to anything just yet.  There were a couple of players that had already made up their minds and had decided to join.  While there was something intriguing to this guild, there was something that was holding him back slightly and a part of him hoped that Atzo or the others could say something that could push him over the limit.   He knew that, in theory, he could just join and if he didn't like it just as quickly leave, however that was not how Zero planned on playing this game.  If he decided to join a Guild here, he was going to be in it for the long haul and he wanted to be absolutely sure before he made any kind of call like that.

Solomon nodded when Lee stated a name of which to be called. Solomon could tell this recruiting job was not really Solomon's strong suit as he listened to Lee. Listening to Lee and replying with honest and truthful answers wasn't the issue, so much as it was just not Solomon's greatest ability to do much past strategic planning. He seemed to understand Lee to persist things that catches his drift. Therefore, a good guild with a quality drive would cause him to work hard and climb the ladder, so to speak. So, Solomon stood for a brief second, contemplating what his next action would be. Lee seemed as though he would fit the tank build most, but he did seem a little hesitant of the guilds "helping the lower levels" concept. That wasn't by any means this guild's strongest point, but a tank would need to protect the weaker in the guild. However, Solomon thought that might just be him trying to get as much information on the guild as possible, which would be quite impressive. Looking over to his side, he could still see Vargas was in conversation with someone, even though it would make the most sense to send Lee to the guy in charge of the tanks. Looking around more, he noticed Eatos talking with someone. Solomon wanted to ask Eatos a question, as they were accepting people into the different guild categories today. So, making a swift and decisive move, Solomon raised a hand to point toward Atzo. Atzo was in the middle of conversing with someone, and therefore Solomon tried to dim his voice to the best of his ability. His voice still traveled through the air like a spring breeze following a roaring hurricane, "Lee, you have my approval if you so choose to partake in our guild. However, if you seek further questions, I request that you ask Atzo. I hope to be of better assistance the next time our paths cross." Solomon gave a affirmative nod of his head one last time, making certain Lee knew exactly where to go, and then began to walk toward Eatos and her recruit.

Lee would wait for his questions to be answered and in retrospect, he wasn't all that sure if he should have just shot them off in such a manner. It would seem that Solomon wouldn't want to give the wrong answer or was overthinking the questions themselves. Both were things to take into consideration then he would speak and it would take Lee back in what was said. He would blink several times as he would turn his attentions toward Atzo to whom Solomon had directed his attention to if he had any questions and that when next they were to meet, they may get further acquainted. Lee would raise a hand up in acknowledgement "Well, it was nice meeting you and hopefully we can have an outing sometime in the future but till then..."

Lee would then move in the direction of the designated Atzo of whom was with Airi along with two others he didn't have the names of. Lee would raise his hand to be acknowledged whilst speaking up "Atzo? I was directed to your person by Solomon if I had any questions. Welp, I've got just a couple prior to signin my virtual soul over."

@Atzo

Edited by Lee

Failing to see Hydra, Sky walked back into the town of beginnings, back to the massive gathering. He went to the side, sitting down and watching everyone. He was in plain sight of everyone. He was the first rank of the Recon Division, right hand to Hydra the leader. He was the one who they would go to right now if they wanted to join the scouting squad. He was glad he was part of this squad, as he was able to see the world more freely then the other squads, and was hoping to be able to tutor some members as much as he could. 

"Hey guys, send any potential Intel squad members this way" He sent out a message to all the members here saying that, being out of the crowd sitting down by the founatin, the gistening water making the air around him feel beautiful, even if it was just VR. This world was beautiful, and he wanted to help others experiance it as much as he could.

Who were the leaders of each division? Eatos smiled, not only could she answer that, hell, she could point out the Rank 1’s for each division also! This was, as an advisor, knowledge she had to know when possible situations arise that require her attention.

“So we have Atzo, whose the Guild Leader. We have Hydra, whose the head of the information department, but he, well, he isn’t here, but his second is…” She realized she hadn’t properly explains the division leadership roles “So each Division leader has a right-hand, what is called a Rank 1. For the information, Stryder is the Rank 1” She pointed him out, sat to the side of the mass of players.

“When we have the combat leaders, Vargas and Aoda, for tank and damage respectively. I don’t think they have a Rank 1 yet, we’re still expanding our ranks after all…” She knew that it didn’t sound good, that their divisions were all so small. But, they’d grow, as more people joined the guild.

“And then there’s the advisiors. I’m the Rank 1, and…” She heard someone walking up to her, and turned around to see Solomon behind her. It still amused her how similar they looked, although their height, eyes and gender did distinguish one from the other. “And Solomon here is our leader..”

“Well, Zero, the different organizations are High Council, which is the Oligarchy that leads the Emerald Harbingers. I may be the leader but all I do is keep order in the high council meetings and tell them what needs to be voted on. I refuse to make a guild affecting decision without the consent of a majority of the High Council. Ren The Ruby Dragon, here, Is the leader of Ren’s Hand. They are going to be a specialized group of bodyguards that is very exclusive. They are tasked with protecting the High Council at all costs. Hydra The Sapphire Doe is the leader of the Information Department, he is still exclusive but not as much as Ren… Well technically me, sense while Ren leads it I am the one who suggests people to him. The Information Department is a group of scouts that helps us in gathering information that we will sell ether to other guilds or to the front lines. Advisors Council, lead by Solomon The Zircon Crow, is a group of primarily support players though they don't have to be. They are charged with assisting other departments with decisions, running the treasury, and being helpful in case of discrepancy in the High Council’s votes. Combat Team is divided into two parts. Tank and DPS. They are pretty straightforward. Tank leader is Vargas The Sunstone Fox, Leader of DPS is Aoda The Pearl Raven. We have a total of four non-council ranks. R1 is housed by one person in a team, They are the right hand of their respective leader and while they can’t vote, they are allowed to speak their mind in High Council decisions. R2 is for members who are between 100% active and 81% active in the guild, they gain full guild benefits and access to guild resources. I hold all members that are above R2 to the same standard or they will lose their position. R3 is where all new members will start at. They are members that are between 80% and 41% active in guild activities, they get full guild benefits and limited access to guild resources. R4 are members that are active in between 40% and 15% of guild activities, they get limited guild benefits and no access to guild resources. Anyone can get anywhere in the guild with Determination.” Atzo said in response to Zero’s question. “Anything else you would like to know?”

Then Atzo was approached by another person that looked to be a Recruit. “Hello, lay them on me.”

@zero_lost04

@Lee

Lee had the luxury of being within earshot of the conversation Atzo was having with another individual that he assumed was also aiming to join the guild. mainly the hierarchy of the guild and its major members. It would surely save Atzo time in not having to repeat the same thing to another individual but the questions still remained and Lee would cross his arms over his chest as he would continue "One of the main questions I'd like to ask is what makes the Emerald Harbingers different from any other guild? As I was telling your associate..." Lee would point his thumb back in the direction he had come from to point out that he was speaking of Solomon "I've never been one for joining guilds and groups because I hate the same song and dance that they all try and swing."

Not all of the division leaders were present, but Eatos pointed out the ones that were. There was Atzo, the guild leader with a wolfish appearance, who was handling two players at the same time. Cannot be approached, obviously. She hadn't gotten much of an impression of him yet, but he seemed accommodating enough. Maybe she would get a chance to speak with him later. Then Eatos mentioned Hydra, the head of the Information Division. He was missing, but his right hand, Stryder, was present and currently standing idle at the side of the group. The red-haired girl glanced at the two players Atzo was handling once again and wondered why he didn't just let the Information Head's right hand take over one of them.

The two combat division leaders came next. Vargas, a blond-haired man with a fox's tail, leaded the tank division. He didn't look very...tanky, at the moment, but he probably just had his heavy armor unequipped. The animal appearance that he was sporting seemed like a trend among the guild members, though. Two people: a girl with fox ears and a dark-skinned girl with a feline appearance came to her mind. They would definitely fit in here. Aoda leaded the DPS division. He was a good damage-dealer but it was still somewhat unexpected. Both of them weren't speaking to anyone and just stood to the side like Stryder did. They were clearly expecting a lot more interested players than this.

Eatos introduced herself as the Rank 1 in her division and looked over her shoulder. Airi followed, until her gaze landed on Solomon. Really? She almost didn't believe it when the Rank 1 member introduced the man as the Advisors leader. Because the last time she saw him, he was babbling complete nonsense and drawing weird images on the ground and had to be assisted by Hei. Did he remember it, though? She decided to introduce herself and do a quick check. "I'm Airi, the Advisors Division's new member, if you would approve. I look forward to working with you." As she was speaking, the red-haired girl dropped into a formal curtsy. "Have we met before?"

William walked through the bustle of the crowd most of which took a look at the bear helm and promptly got out of the way. Getting the sudden uncomfortable feeling of so many stares he took the helm off and hooked it to his belt. This seemed to ease most of the players tension since they could now see his face, but with the great sword strapped to his back it made for an intimidating sight. 'come to think of it I probably look like the barbarian from diablo right about now.' His lips quirked as he considered that thought until he noticed a group of players who'd gear far out stripped his own, and the clan tags on display made snagged his curiosity. Walking over confidently he ran a hand over his reddish beard "Greetings. May I ask what's going on over here?" He mentally smacked his own forehead for how utterly pretentious that sounded not to mention a little rude. With a internal deep breathe he hoped they wouldn't shun him like the tool he had just come off as, but there was a chance that they would see his remark as an ice breaker and at least talk to him like normal people.

After finishing his talk with Vargas Hei went on, looking for one of the two people who were part of interesting divisions. First there was Aoda of the DPS team, he was somewhere in the crowd, and Hei remembered him saying that was going to answer all questions. The second was Stryder, as Hydra was not in town and he was his right hand of the information division. - I should start talking with Aoda, I know how he looks and will find him quickly, also he is the divisions leader himself, which means he might have more information than stryder - And so he broke away from Vargas, heading over to @Aoda, who was just standing there. "Hello, my name is Hei and I am interested in joining the guild. At the moment I am undecided between becoming part of the DPS division or information. Vargas told me you are leader of DPS, so I came over so you can tell me what I need to know if I will join the DPS team."

Edited by Hei

It seemed that Lee had some valid questions for Atzo, what made us unique? “Other than the ranking system, which I designed to encourage players to be active and level up, I would say what makes us unique is the face that when I designed this guild, which mind you I build and started myself, I designed it as if I were starting a business. First off, every leader answers to the High Council, including myself. As if they were a board of directors, secondly we have our foot in a few different doors, because of this it is much harder to take us down. We may not be the strongest guild, we may never be, but the one thing I can guarantee is that we will be a resilient guild, we won’t end, we won’t let the fire die.” Atzo said, hoping he had given an valid answer. He knew it was vary wordy but when you have grown up spinning intricate lies, when you do finally tell the truth it tends to follow the same pattern. “Our guild motto is Dum spiramus tuebimur meaning While we breathe, we shall defend. We defend the rights everyone has as players, no player has more rights than others. Regardless of your level.” A man with a red beard had approached him as well, he was very busy and the man seemed to be more curious with Ren. “Hello, sir, I am Atzo, The Man with Many Faces and leader of the Emerald Harbingers. If you would please see Ren over there he will answer any questions you may have.” Atzo said, directing the man to his brother.

Well, it does seem that he did his homework to start from the ground up. Admirable to say the least so points for that. Lee would continue to listen as Atzo would continue on by stating that he formed the guild on the foundation of a business which held a bit more weight. Making something to combat others from that kinda stand point was something he might be able to get behind. Friendships were nice but friendships and business tended to become a conflict of interests. Also looking forward in the long term was also an idea that he enjoyed the thought of. He had seen his share of groups simply fade away into obscurity because someone or another began to get lazy and not do the job they were assigned to.

Atzo would then say what only Lee would assume to be Latin and it was a guild motto and while it was an inspirational one, it was definitely a tit-for-tat saying in his own mind. Lee would then turn his attentions to another player that had arrived and Atzo would direct the player to another and then Lee would speak there after "Well, that does answer a few questions I had and a few others I didn't really think about. All things considered, I'm fairly accepting when it comes to the system you've set up. My main issue would be along the lines of this, if you could answer of course. How many people have you turned down to join your guild and how many have you had to let go?"

Vargas waved off Hei as he left to go talk to the other. "I look forward to seeing you potentially join as well." With that he was left on his own as the others were caught up in there own conversations. Atzo especially, who was caught up with multiple people, was caught up in answering questions from multiple directions.

Everyone seemed to have everything under control. With a new player approaching the group Atzo had quickly directed him to Ren. With that being the case he noticed Eatos also no longer talking to anyone. The red-head she had been talking to had moved over to talk to Solomon. Moving over to Eatos he tapped her shoulder and smiled as he caught her attention. "Seems we both don't have much to do right now. Everyone else has everything covered at the moment I guess." He wasn't sure what to really say to her. They'd never really made much conversation but standing around doing nothing just didn't seem all that appealing.

@Eatos

Edited by Vargas

Eatos, having passed Airi onto Solomon, spun around and found herself face-to-face with Vargas. She'd seen him before, of course at the group meeting. And they'd had an very, forced, conversation during it. However now, it was far more relaxed. She felt comfortable around the guild, and that meant that instead of standing around awkwardly with nothing to say, she smiled at him, and the urge to pet his fox-like features started once again.

"It looks that way, I managed to recruit someone just then, Airi. But overall, it could be worse. It looks like we're getting a lot of recruits, I think we're doing well today all things considered.. It's nice to, well, I guess properly talk to you Vargas..."

William turned his attention in the direction indicated by the Emerald Harbinger lead. Nodding his thanks he stepped over towards where Ren was holding council. With his current gear and skills he was certain he'd function better as a tank than a DPS in any case. Looking over Ren he let his face relax into an easy grin and offer his hand "I'm William, and I believe you must be Ren," His words were easy and conversational "I was wanting to discuss joining the Tank division of your guild." His posture relaxed the thick plates about his torso catching glints of sunlight as the gems in the bear's eyes glittered in contrast to the dark metal. Now that he thought about it he struck quite the figure adding in the great two handed sword on his back. Besides this place pretty much forced most to band together or perish.

Ren smiled as he seen a man with a red beard and strong looking enough to take on a bear with his hand only. Ren smiled as he stands up to shake the man's hand and said “yes i am Ren The Ruby Dragon leader of the Rens hand division it's a pleasure to meet you Master William i can do my best to answer any questions you would have for the guild and the tank division”. Ren was in awe of the man's armor. Rens tail started to wag and hopes that his dragon look don't trouble the man. Ren thought to himself “he would do great as a tank”. Ren then said “the man who pointed you to me is my younger brother Atzo. He is also the leader of the guild”. Then Ren said “ how may i be of service Master William”. With a smile he sat back down in a relaxed position but still keeping an eye on everyone especially since the high council is involved.

William's grin spread to bared teeth at the hand shake and the firm grip telling him a great deal about the odd appearing warrior and crossed his arms over his armor in a casual stance. The choice to remove his helm was a wise one allowing this Ren to see his face was paying dividends. He looked between Ren and the guild leader Atzo and marveled at the fact they were related...no probably not brothers of blood, but by bond. "Impressive title you have there," he began rubbing his chin thoughtfully "I'm fairly certain your division is responsible for drawing attention and soaking massive amounts of punishment." His brow creased slightly pondering what he could ask beyond the obvious. "What would you require in your unit besides the obvious?" Studying the warrior before him he let another question come out because well..he was mildly curious about this guy. "Also, how on earth do you appear like you have a draconic parent?"

Ren smiled and thought to himself “ Strong handshake impressive”. He realized that the William looked at him and Atzo, Ren guest that he was thinking of his and Atzos relation. Ren said “Me and Atzo are related through blood in the real world we are born with the same parents”. Ren then smiled and unequipped his cloak for a few seconds to show it an enchanted cloak. Given to those of emerald harbinger each cloak is different. Ren said “my cloak is called the ruby dragon it gives me the aspects of a dragon minus the wings”. Ren re equipped his cloak then laughed. All of a sudden Ren went from laughing to a serious face then said “ Okay let's get down to business my unit right now needs a someone who can take orders very well who is not afraid to do what is needed to get our job done. I need someone who can dish out damage as well as take the same kind of punishment. I need a tank who is strong enough to help keep not just our guild master alive but as well as the high council rest of emerald harbinger. We are the shield and sword to the high council so i need someone who is prepared for anything”. Rens face went back to a relaxed point. Then he smiled once again.

@Anthium

William nodded along with Ren's words and rubbed his bicep as he took in the requirements. It was typical heavy soldier, and he hoped this guy didn't want just a slab of muscle to throw at anything and hope to God he crushed it. Then there was the cloak he'd taken off and William have an appreciative nod at the idea of having animal traits just form an item. "Doesn't sound like you want anything unreasonable," one hand came off his arm as he spoke palm up "But, I reserve the right to ignore bad orders. Not to say your incompetent, or arrogant, but I don't follow someone blindly." The hand closed into a lose fist and rested his fore knuckle over his lips appraising Ren. The statement came out a bit cool, but by no means hostile this was after all business. "Of all those things you said I'm certain there will be organized hunts and raids to go on and you'll definitely need steel like mine." His hand came back to rest on his bicep allowing for Ren to retort, expound, or possibly get upset.

@ren-sama

Edited by Anthium