[F9-PP] <<Guardian of Fire>> Hot stuff

Spoiler

<<Guardian of Fire>>

This quest takes place on Floor 9
This quest is repeatable

Cerberus_Dog-like_form.png

Rumors about a three headed dog are floating around Vulcan Village, that spawns a rare potion that gives the user the ability to inflict burn damage. They say it is hard to get to. It takes two days and three nights due south to get to the cave in which the beast lurks.

The Cerberus only appears after players make their way into Inferno Cavern a cave that is immensely hot. The heat is so strong that all players who enter loose 10 HP If their craft roll is below 6. There they must defeat an unknown number of  
«Hell Hounds»  to awaken Cerberus.

Cerberus appears from seemingly nowhere; a dark body covered in dancing flames; its three heads are ferocious; and each attack individually, players must destroy all three heads in order to defeat Cerberus.

Requirements

- Minimum 20 Posts in the thread
- Must RP that two days have passed from «Vulcan Town» to «Inferno Cavern»

-Once in Inferno Cavern - players must use the Perma Roller to roll craft Dice. Any roll below 6 incurs 10 HP damage
-Must Defeat X amount of Hell Hounds At 30 HP each.  (Where X is 3 hounds per player present)
-Cerberus must be defeated

Hell Hound Information

30 HP
Damage per Attack: 50
(BD9 = 75 Damage || BD10 = 100 Damage)
Mitigation: 0

Cerberus Information

«Cerberus» is a Field Boss and has the following statistics:

Cerberus has 3 heads, each with independent health gauges.
Each head has 30 HP.

Damage per Attack: 80 + 10 Burn Damage next turn
Cerberus ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 9-10
Each head attacks independently of one another. 
Thus, every hit you inflict the Cerberus will attack you three times.
The same roll ID can be used for each attack.

Rewards

1. Cerberus Soul: A Potion that when used on Weapon adds burn damage for the duration of the thread, burn damage at +2 for 2 turns on Natural Dice Roll of 8-10
  2. 3 Skill Points.

Kimi watched as Hestia mentioned that there was a Cerberus on the floor with them, or course this came to no surprise since a Cerberus was a fire hound. "So where do you think we can find this beast? I've only heard rumors about it, but never of where it might be staying." Kimi wasn't one to follow rumors in this death game because it could lead to a trap for other player. Hearing of such things like rumors to a treasure trove or a valuable item and having them be traps wasn't too uncommon. At least it would seem like a perfect plan to lead on low level new player. Kimi dismissed the thought and started heading to the exit once again. She looked down at Noodle seeing if he was alright with going out into this floor again. "You alright Noodle? we're going to be fighting something big today so stay close."

Used Items/Buffs:

Spoiler

Yui's Grace - +1SP

Skylight (Searching):+1 Expertise to declared utility skill.

Relaxed: Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and energy regen by 1 when out of combat.

Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

@Hestia

Edited by Kimi
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hell hound is near Vulcan village on this floor, but ummm about that whoooleee. Doing it today thing. I say with a small chuckle as i pat your shoulder. yeah throw that idea out of your mind this is a three day commitment quest. I hope you're prepared for this. I say just being forward with you as i with a chuckle as we start heading towards the exit of Yogen Village once more to take probably a four to five day trip to complete this entire quest depending on how far away Vulcan is from Yogen. with that thought in mind i start to lead you towards Vulcan village to start the three nights of travel towards where Cerberus is just even located at.'This is going to be a looong travel. Hopefully the reward at the end of this quest are worth the distance it will take to even get their.' I think to myself as my familiar looks down at the little shark doggo and lowers himself encase the little small shark would wish to ride upon the flying lion.

"Huh.. Three days to commit to this quest. Didn't think that i would be getting myself into this, but that fine. We have to get rid of that Cerberus or else it will harm other NPC's and players." Kimi looked down at Noodle who slowly climbed unto Kuro. "Seems Noodle wants to go for a ride." Kimi jokingly said towards Hestia. "Anyways since its such a long trip best we get moving early or we won't get there on time. So far its just rumors of it being around. I don't want it to solidify its existence by killing a few players and threatening NPC's." Kimi said in a more serious tone as she started checking her equipment to see if everything she had and needed was on her person before heading out on another adventure. From the look of things with the volcano Kimi could barely tell if today was a good day or bad. The smoke clouds covered a decent amount of the sky leaving the light that passed through it red or brown. 

@Hestia

I nod my head with a smile liking this player's attitude towards protecting players by trying to eliminate the threat that could come to them. Something i'm in complete agreement with myself in every regard. However, hearing the mention of the NPCs makes me rather curious, and kinda happy that someone cares for them. With myself use to being one such person, but eventually given up on that since NPCs can respawn since quests will always need to be completed so NPCs will always have to be around in some aspect needing trouble with whatever danger they might be facing. However, even with that to worry for NPCs shows that not everyone has given up on themselves entirely which is nice. Well lets get going then Kimi time waits for nobody. I say in a cheerful tone of voice as we exit the town of Yogen, and then start to make our way towards Vulcan with myself not even knowing how far away that village is when compared to this one. The quest only giving details that from Vulcan it takes three nights. My familiar Kuro starts keeping pace withe the two of us with him using his wings to make sure Noodle can't possibly fall off by blocking any exit he could besides forwards.

The duo traveled at a very steady pace on the uneven ground of the volcanic floor. The weather was just fine even though this place was of a hot theme. Kimi glanced at Noodle to see if he had any doubts, but he could see him resting peacefully on Kuros back. "You have a really nice familiar. Mind if i ask how you obtained him?" Kimi said in a quieter tone as to not wake up Noodle. She hasn't seen any winged lions before, but that might be because she didn't fully explore all the floors that were unlocked to her. "By the way Hestia, do you have any plans to meet up with the other guild members? Because i was thinking of having another guild meet since we didn't have everyone in the last one we had. Since you're new and all it would be a good chance to have another also." 

@Hestia

Oh Kuro? I got him on the fourth floor where he was using his pure white floor to blend in with the snow which kinda explains why he hates hot weather since he is used to the fourth floor temperatures. I don't think he would be considered native their, but either way the game put his species their like some sort of natural evolution type of deal to explain the fur color. I don't know why his wings are black thought it is a bit strange, but i don't mind that since it just makes him look more interesting. I say with a rather happy smile on my face as i look to my precious little familiar that i wish could be carried with me back to the real world. And yeah i was planning to meet up with some of the other guild members eventually i just would need to think on who to meet up with first. As you suggested i would probably start with this Spencer guy, or maybe the Telrenya girl or as you call her. "Guild Mom." I say doing the quotation mark thing with the fingers.

Kimi giggled as Hestia did quotes to saying "guild mom". "Well if you do call her guild mom just say that i told you to say it." Kimi giggled at the thought of it seeing Telrenya becoming dumbfounded. "Anyways i'm quite curious to how you joined the guild or rather how you even met them. For me i just sort of stumbled upon Spencer and wanted to cheer him up. From there on i sort of just joined the guild." She said as she looked around for materials that might be on the sides of the path they were taking. "I honestly didn't really expect to be joining a guild, but i've never been one to refuse help and I like the idea of having some people to talk to or lean on for support. If you really think about it. A guild is just a family with goals that can grow and expand sharing their ideals. You have the Vets who are like older siblings guiding the newer players or recruits and the founders of the guild who are practically the parents since they support everyone in it." The thought of this gave Kimi a warm feeling in her heart.

@Hestia

Edited by Kimi

I chuckle a little bit at your suggestion of teasing that poor guild with such a title. On hearing you ask how joined the guild and how i met them i just nod my head at such questions. Well me and my girlfriend Kairi were walking around the fourth floor just enjoying ourselves on a nice walk by ourselves when we saw a flyer for the guild. Naturally i took it thinking i could find information on it later, but seems luck was on my side that we entered the same tavern place that the leader Jomei was in. He saw the flyer and we then talked about things regarding the guild and he then invited us to join which i accepted after having learned what i wanted of the guild with my girlfriend doing the same. I say with a smile on my face as i nod my head as you explain your reasoning for joining a guild which is basically right when described. A guild especially within this game is like a family, or at the very least should be to try and take care of each other. Along with in my opinion others who could wish to join at any time.

"Wow.. There were two of you who just joined?" Kimi was surprised that two got in at the same time. "You got in the guild fairly easily, but i see you are very capable. For me I had to prove my strength when i was out with Spencer, but then again i was looking for some materials and he was helping. So i can't really argue at that. Anyway what do you think of Daddy Jomei?" Kimi said laughing a bit from just realizing that saying "Daddy Jomei" rolls off the tongue with ease. Kimi let that question sit in for a little while as she searched the sides for anything that she might be able to use for her song crafting. Luckily Kimi found some odd looking rocks that turned out to be some materials she could use for her craft. She looked around to spot if she could find anymore, but there was nothing else she could use.

ID# 94172 results:

Loot: 16 (+2) = 18

1 Mat found

@Hestia

Edited by Kimi

Yeah two of us joined in me and as i said earlier my girlfriend Kairi. Kairi is a DPS build while i am obviously tank as i am fairly certain you know by now. I say with a small chuckle. So luckily the two of us mix rather well as people, and as builds for the combat that this game has. What about professions? I know you are a performer since you said so when you entered my shop to get request for my LD item, but what about the rest of the guild? is their anymore variety like blacksmiths or something? I ask curiously wondering what professions everyone could be within this guild. I can only really hope their is a decent variety out their since that means we wouldn't have to worry about late crafts do to having competent guildmates. I see you looking through the ground and having picked up a material as i grin liking the idea as i decide to follow suit, and quickly finds one right by my feet as i pick up the recording crystal that is in perfect condition.

#94173 LD:20  1 Mat

@Kimi

"Thats great you joined as a nice mix of Tank and DPS. For professions i'm not really sure what ruby is, but during our last meet she did bring plenty of cloths so i believe she might be a tailor. You, Jomei, and I are all performers so we got that down. I can see us doing some sort of guild band in the future." Kimi smirked at the thought of a guild band. She then continued on thinking of whom else has professions she knows of. "I'm not to sure about Jevi I didn't talk to her much. For Guild Mom she made this ring for me as a gift." Kimi raised her hand to show Hestia the ring that Telrenya made. "Hmm... Thats about as much as i know. I'd like to get to know the guild more, but i'm trying to find to get myself to their level."

@Hestia

OOC: My bad it took a while. I really needed a break, but im good for the rest of the week probably

I nod my head at that as that at the very least there is some kind of balance with professions if performer is not included since apparently out of the eight members three of them are performers. Which means at the very least hopefully i won't have to over stress that much by trying to find other professions to craft for me outside of the guild if everything goes alright in the end. Just a matter of what is the best price for asking crafting requests. I then smile a bit hearing that you're trying to level up as i nod my head in understanding. yeah trust me i understand that struggle of trying to reach other people's levels. If you ever need help with anything i'm a simple message away and we can kick any quests butt once you get strong enough to deal all that crazy damage you DPS people can do. I say happily with a smile as we continue to traverse the very hot floor which thankfully i don't feel all that much do to the survival skill. Kuro is just keeping little noodle safe within the little shelter he has made with his wings while carrying the little shark dogo on his back.

@Kimi

Kimi loosened the grip of her wraps because she was starting to feel the heat. Kimi checked up on Noodle to see how he is feeling, and to no surprise he felt the heat also. This made Kimi wonder for a bit because the two of them tend to feel the same thing at the same time. Going back to what she said when she first got Noodle that they "shared a bond" really felt fitting. Kimi pushed back the though as she continued walking up a steep slope in which you can't see passed it. The duo made their way up a steep to reveal slowly a valley of vents ahead of them. "This would probably be a nice place to stay for the night, but we can keep going. It looks like we'll have to navigate through the valley though, but i'm sure we can make it through. " Kimi tried to see if there was a way around the low valley, but it seemed you can only go through it for the shortest and quickest result. 

@Hestia

I walk up the steep hill alongside my familiar as we continue the hike up the hill as i am sadly reminded back to the punching the boulder quest as i frown remembering how irritating it was to do that quest with only Kuro to keep me company. Nothing against my familiar, but he wasn't the best venting partner since he can't really communicate that effectively beyond just simple questions that can result in yes or no type answers. Eventually the slope flattens out to reveal a valley below with some vents as i just nod my head at the sight as i look up towards the sky of the floor and sees that it is starting to get close to night time along with the game's display as i just nod my head not minding the idea of rest especially since their will be even more travel either way to get towards fighting Cerberus. That's fine with me Kimi lets get our rest as best as we can while we're here. I say seeing the logic of setting camp up here especially since it should be rather easy to spot any incoming enemies from this vantage point also. At hearing the word camp kuro lowers himself onto the ground and moves his wings out of the way encase the shark doggo wishes to get off of him to sleep with the doggo's own owner.
@Kimi

Kimi sat down and let out a satisfying sigh as she stretched her legs and set up a sort of small camp. Being asleep outside the safe zone is new to her so she couldn't help but feel a bit worried that something can easily sneak up on the two of them as they were sleeping. Kimi sat up straight with her back to a wall and Noodle at her side reflecting on what the two did today. They finished the bandit quest from earlier and set out to see about the rumored Cerberus that has been seen roaming around near Vulcan Village. Kimi took a look around to see if there were any creature nearby or other players that might bother them, but no one could be seen in this desolate volcanic wasteland. "Best get rest early so we can move early." Kimi thought to herself as she closed her eyes, sleeping upright against a boulder. 

@Hestia

Edited by Kimi

Once the camp is set up i nod my head as i look over towards my familiar and pet his head gently as i see you relaxing also and getting ready for some rest. I hear your words and nods my head at that knowing the logic behind it. However, even if getting a good rest would be nice myself and my familiar need rest to the best of our ability. Get a good rest Kimi. I say as i then wait for your eyes to close, and when they do i set up and keeps watch with my familiar with me and my familiar taking sort rests with two hour intervals of swapping lookout duty to make sure no mob gets near us to try and attack us while we are sleeping. With thankfully nothing having showed up during the night at all. During the night i looked into the night sky of the ninth floor and wonders just how spread out these greek myths are truly. First their is the Minotaur on the third floor, then the greek floor i had visited and fought those monsters of myth, and now this Cerberus. Seems like Aincrad has a good selection of myths to fight.

@Kimi

Kimi slept well through the night. Her dreams were occupied by Noodle randomly showing up doing the most adorable things and in costumes sometimes. One of the times she saw Noodle in her dreams was during her first quest that required her to destroy a boulder with only her fists. Though instead of her punching it, she was watching Noodle in a karate gi punching the boulder and eventually succeeding. As Kimi woke the scenery around her wasn't much different. The only thing that could be considered a change was that it was brighter and the hue from the clouds coming from the volcano weren't as dark. Kimi glanced at Noodle who seemed to already be awake playing with a recording crystal. "Where'd you get that?" Kimi said as she took the crystal and put it away. Kimi looked towards where she saw Hestia set herself up with her familiar and they were already up. "Morning. Sleep well?" Kimi said as she stretched a bit to shake off the sleep. Though it doesn't have much benefit to her stretching it was really just force of habit. 

@Hestia

ID# 94237 results:

Loot: 14 (+2) = 16

+1 T1 Material

Edited by Kimi

during my watch of the day i watch as the little shark dog wakes up and waddles around and eventually manages to pull out a recording crystal from the ground, and then waddle back on over and starts playing with it. I chuckle a little bit at the cute sight of this shark dog thing, and makes me wonder if their is a entire species of these thing. If their is a entire species of these shark dog what would the adult ones look like? Hopefully just as adorable, and that they somehow don't turn into terrifying beasts unlike anything this game has seen. Eventually you wake up as i nod my head at that as i shake Kuro gently awake as he does so without any hassle for once she has had been doing that the entire night. Upon being asked how i slept i just smile and says in a happy tone of voice. I slept rather well and thankfully it seems no monsters decided to bother us during our wonderful night's sleep. I say to you as i then get up off the ground to prepare for another day of walking towards Cerberus of which i can only hope is closing in soon. have any interesting dreams while you were asleep? I ask curiously to initiate some small talk as you slowly get out of that just woke up feeling.

Kimi couldn't help but laugh a bit as she was thinking about her dreams that night. She tried to calm down, but she failed at getting in a serious enough mood to talk about it. After waiting for a minute of so Kimi spoke up. "Actually my dream was pretty funny. Noodle here kept showing up in all the different ones i had. More specifically during my quest to get martial arts. I saw Noodle in a karate gi wearing a headband punching the boulder. He broke it eventually and started jumping with his tiny legs. It was the cutest thing ever." Kimi couldn't help smiling at the thought of how adorable her little shark pup familiar was doing in her dream. Kimi reached down to play and pat Noodle on the head. Kimi put some camping things away in her inventory before saying. "Ready whenever you are." Leaving a smile as she looked upon the low valley of vents and rubble.

@Hestia

I chuckle a little bit at hearing your dream as my mind starts to imagine the little shark dog wearing a karate gi and punching a boulder over and over again almost cartoon like in its style. With the little shark completing it with final fantasy seven music in the background. I just chuckle at my own mental imagery of that as i nod my head. yeah i can totally see how adorable that would be. I say rather cheerfully as i help you clean up the camp area till everything is back where it was before we took our night's rest, and with that i nod my head as i start to make my way down towards the vets since it is the fastest way across.My familiar deciding to fly near me keeping an eye on the surroundings encase some golem made of metal, or lava monsters come out from anywhere. So then Kimi why did you wish to join the guild? I ask curiously wondering what the reason joining one is for yourself. Just trying to figure out all the different motivations for doing such which could then lead to learning something about the person from figuring out their reasons for doing something that could be significant for themselves.