[F9-PP] <<Guardian of Fire>> Hot stuff

"Well personally at first I had no intention in joining a guild until later on when I could prove myself useful to one, but I ran into Spencer and tried to cheer up his gloomy day. Eventually that lead up to me joining a guild. If i had a reason for joining a guild it would be because i want to help those around me with anything. Also I spent most of my time in the game alone, at least for the most part. I wasn't lonely all the time, I had company from time to time doing quests. Having company or someone to lean on is very nice, and i'm glad that i became an addition to the guild." Kimi trailed off into another subject while the two were making their way down into the valley still. "I'm really trying to catch up in levels so i can be of greater help to the guild as well as those around me, but that's a long road to follow and i'm still making the journey." Kimi stopped for a moment to recollect her thoughts before she puts too much thought into it. "What about you? Why did you join the guild?"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nod my head hearing your reasoning for wishing to join the guild. As i smile a bit at that knowing that it is fairly similar to my own reasons for joining, and reason for even doing as i do within this game. Helping out others as much as i am able to do so while trying to make some friends and spend time within the company of others. As i think these thoughts we manage to reach the bottom of the hill that lead to the valley of vents as i start walking forward as careful as possible to avoid any danger that these vents could provide. not liking the idea of falling into them or facing anything that could jump out from them in the form of a lava elemental of some type.  When asked my reason i nod my head and just smiles. For myself my reasons are fairly similar to yours kimi. To have a group of people i know i can rely on to spend time with to prevent that lonely feeling you get when you solo things by yourself for the most part, and i wished to be of use and figured if i joined a guild i could meet new people i wouldn't have had the chance to meet otherwise. For myself it was just a win all around in that regard. I say with a smile on my face.

"Its nice to see that we share similar reason to join the guild." Kimi said as she was watching her path. Kimi thought of how normally there are gems and crystals in volcanic areas. "Maybe i can get myself some materials if i look around." She thought to herself as looked around for anything as the duo navigated through the valley. Sadly Kimi couldn't find anything, but it was nothing to get sad about since they are trying to get to where the Cerberus might be. Kimi looked towards Hestia and asked. "So I know you are a performer, but is there any reason to why you choose that? If I remember correctly and we really look at the guild we got three and that's a lot in my opinion." Kimi took a glance at Kuro who was still flying above them and thought. "It must be really nice to have a flying familiar. They can spot things you cant. Still Noodle is one of a kind and i don't plan on replacing him." 

ID# 94241 results:

Loot: 2 (+2) = 4

No materials found

Edited by Kimi

I nod my head as i calmly walk through the volcanic valley passing by vent after vent as we try to make a quick little go towards the cave where Cerberus lies having gone through the little valley of the mountain rather then around it which would've lead closer towards the village rather then anything else. When i hear you ask about my choice i just nod my head at that. Well i was originally planning to be something like a alchemist, or a artisan. However, the person that i can consider a mentor told me that instead of choosing what i would deem as useful i should go after what i had a true passion for telling me that it is a dream worth chasing, so with that i went with performer over those other two options deciding that i could try to make it big here in Aincrad. That if things go well here within this game a performer of some type that maybe i can head back into the real world and try to pursue that dream that i thought was just absolutely ridiculous to do so before. Since i thought it was just a childish goal one that you know could never ever be achieved. I say with a small smile speaking passionately with a look of determination as i explain my reason for choosing performer. As i talk my familiar is glancing around for anything useful, or harmful but is unable to find anything from the vents making it slightly difficult.

#94242  LD: 3+3=6

@Kimi

"That's really nice that you choose your passion. That's actually what I did, well actually i've always been pretty good at singing so i decided to get something that i have experience in. I would've gone for cooking, but a friend of mine did that and i didn't want to end up copying her. So I just went with what i liked more and that was performing." Kimi went through her inventory and pulled out a recording crystal she received from Jomei containing some of his music. "I actually got this from daddy, but it doesn't do anything. Though it is really nice to listen to, you don't mind if i play this right?" Kimi said as she held out the crystal towards Hestia. Kimi saw that Noodle was straying a bit far from her. As he came closer Kimi saw that he had another recording crystal in his hands. "Where do you keep finding these Noodle?!" Kimi said surprised as she pat Noodle on the head.

ID# 94244 results:

Loot: 14 (+2) = 16

T1 Material found

Edited by Kimi

It seems like we are very similar then Kimi which is rather strange  that we joined the guild for practically the same reason, and did the same for our professions. I say with a chuckle at the rather strange coincidence of having that happen. The only way this could get weirder if they somehow lived similar lives to any extent. Then their might be a question if somehow alternate realities have been opened to allow the mirror image of myself to appear. At such thoughts it just causes me to chuckle and giggle at ever even thinking of such things. Just silly little ideas that enter the mind. Yeah i would love to hear what Jomei plays for an instrument. I say nodding my head with a slight pause before answering after hearing you ask. Still trying to mentally adjust to some girl that is barely younger then me call someone else daddy. 'Just something else to get use to. Nothing new in that regards, and if anything maybe seeing Jomei react to the title could be interesting if i ever get such a chance.' I think to myself.

#94246  LD: 11

Kimi used the crystal and Jomei's music began to play. It was really soothing and surprisingly fit the theme of them traveling. "This is really nice." Kimi said with a smile as she focused on the melody of the song. "Ohh right, What instrument do you play? You know I sing and now that Jomei uses the Lute. If you have any other instrument we might be able to form a band i mentioned before." Kimi said with a glow to her face. She was excited to try it out, but she knew that it was sort of a weird question asking if they could form a band. Kimi let the question sit since she had a feeling that Hestia wouldn't want the band idea to happen, but she still stayed hopeful. While waiting for an answer Kimi saw a recording crystal not to far from here, but as she was about to go ahead to grab it. Noodle came from under her legs and went for it. Kimi smiled knowing that Noodle would bring it back to her until Noodle tripped and crashed into the crystal completely shattering it. "Noodle are you ok?" Kimi said as she came closer to Noodle. Noodle just shook his head to shake off his tumble, and then nodded yes. "At least you're find Noodle, too bad the crystal broke though." Kimi said in a disheartened tone. 

ID# 94247 results:

Loot: 1 (+2) = 3

No mats

Edited by Kimi

I smile as i listen to the music begin to play as i just nod my heading enjoying the sound of the instrument that is being played. The song having this sort of relaxing tone to it, but also having the sort of beat that just is fit for a nice long walk to be enjoyed which is very much needed now of all times. When you ask me what i play i just nod my head. Well for myself i sing mainly, but lately i've picked up guitar and have been trying to learn to play it. It is going well in that regards, but i wouldn't consider myself a master of any kind. I say with a small chuckle as i rub the back of my head as i open up my inventory and takes out the guitar in question. A guitar that is black with the depiction of a lion roaring on it. This being the guitar that i am using to play in my shop when practicing. With the practice sadly taking up time on practicing my craft as a performer, but the wait will definitely be worth it in my opinion. I say in a cheerful tone of voice as i show the guitar to you and then puts it back into my inventory unless you say something about wanting to hold it or something to that regard.

Once i hear you mention noodle i look over to where you are and sees the little shark doggo holding another crystal, but unlike the other times this one just shatters. Thankfully though it seems he is okay as i just nod my head at that. My familiar remaining within the air flying between the little bit of smoke, and other such things that comes from the vents to keep a constant and safe watch over us and further ahead.

#94248  LD: 2

The duo made it through the valley at a fairly quick pace, or what would seem quick since they have music playing. "I think we're well within the valley now. Its probably best to put away the recording crystal, it might attract unwanted attention  from monsters here." Kimi stopped the music and put it away leaving the duo in silence with the occasional hissing of the vents relieving pressure from the volcano. Kimi stopped for a moment to take a look around as they came upon a split in the path they took. The path split into a star like shape, but you couldn't see the ends of the separate paths. "Hmm well this is a problem. We might run into a dead end if we take a wrong turn. How do you wanna go about this Hestia?" Kimi said as she looked over to her travel buddy. Kimi waited for a moment to think of a good way to figure out where to go from here on out. While doing so she tried to look for materials on the ground while pacing about the area. 

ID# 94262 results:

Loot: 6 (+2) = 8

nothing

Edited by Kimi

As we travel through the valley i enjoy the sound of the wonderful music as i grin a little bit wondering how well the two different instruments would mix between Jomei's Lute and my Guitar. I could only think that the mixture of the two sounds would either blend awkwardly,or one would overpower the other in terms of their sound. However, it would be rather great if they somehow managed to work perfectly together which might be a possibility depending if the game has some mechanic like that. As we get to the start shaped split in the road i look down each of the paths judging which one would be the safest, and possibly the fastest if it can lead directly towards the cavern. I look back up towards the sky and sighs softly realizing i can't see the sun on this floor with that i look around and eventually point towards the left side of the star. Let's go down this path i think that is perfectly south where Cerberus' cave is supposed to be. I say after thinking for awhile having mentally walked through the path of the floor and having retraced our steps within the frame of cardinal directions.

"Alrighty then, lets get going then." Kimi said with a relieving sigh. She wasn't truely sure of which path to take so when Hestia spoke up she was relieved. "So Hesta." Kimi said while she paced herself to match her speed. "How is your friend Kairi. Hows is she as a person. I've never met her so i might as well get to know a little bit about her. Since we're in the same guild and all i'm trying to get to know everyone, or at least have the chance to meet them." Kimi said as she casually looked around for more materials. As she scanned she saw a shine coming from one of the vent that periodically let out some heat. As she stepped closer she noticed that it was a recording crystal, but the only problem was it was too difficult to get. Kimi let out a sigh and gave it up. It was too much a risk to just stick your hand in to grab it.

@Hestia

ID# 94294 results:

Loot: 11 (+2) = 13

Edited by Kimi

I nod my head agreeing that going is for the best as i continue heading over in the direction left of the star intersection we had got into. Passing by hissing vents as i keep focused as i go forward only hoping that the area in front starts to clear of vents to show some progress of being out of this area of the floor and just closer towards this supposed fiery cave. When asked about how Kairi is like i rub the back of my head while chuckling nervously.  A few things immediately coming to mind as i say after a bit of a pause. Well Kairi is a bit eccentric ever so slightly now and then, and her outfits are a bit revealing. However, even with having these moments of closeness and such she is a really kind person who just wishes to make some friends. She has a dream of being a idol and follows the idea and outfits of like japanese pop idols so you could imagine how that goes sometimes. I say with a chuckle.

"She sounds like a fun character to be around." Kimi giggled as she thought of the idea of someone wanting to be a japanese pop idol. Kimi looked up from where they were and saw that there wasn't much sky to be seen. Most of it was clouds coming from the every active volcano, but there were times when the sky would be completely clear. The duo took their time going through the valley as eventually they would either rest or come to the end of it, but that didn't see to be happening anytime soon. Kimi looked around to think of something to say, but then something popped into her mind. "Ohh Hestia, why did you choose to be a tank? I don't see too many and Spencer was the only other I know of that took that route." Kimi asked as she was taking a closer look at her gear. Kimi only ever choose to be a martial arts user because she had some training in real life before she was sent into this game.

I nod my head and chuckles when you say she sounds fun to be around. I obviously find her lots of fun to be around, so i would have to agree on that. Helps that if need be i'm sure i can get her to do a duet with me for my shop since supposedly she has practiced singing and such back in real life. I say rather cheerfully as we continue walking down this path that seems to not be having any ending anytime soon as Kuro continues walking beside us  looking around at the surroundings rather bored do to the fact that it is all rather samey for him at this point. When asked about why i chose i just nod my head, and sighs a little bit hearing that you haven't seen many either. 'Well if their is a event boss for us lower players it will make combating against it rather interesting do to not enough players to cover for such things. I can only hope that enough players have different enhancements to fill in those roles.' I think to myself nodding to myself at those thoughts. For myself i chose to be a tank since it isn't that much different from how i viewed my life before. To be a protector to those who need it, and take care of them and help guide them towards being successful. To me that is my idea of a tank which was also what i had to do as a big sister. Protect her, and guide her as i watch her grow right before my eyes. Being a tank is like being the big sister to everyone in my mind i guess you could say. I say with a chuckle as i rub the back of my head.

Kimi thought for a moment as she also wanted to be a tank before to protect her friends and other players. Though through some thought she believes she can also protect them by being a fighter. The thought of "There is no reason to protect someone if they have no enemy came to mind." For her this was true, but she enjoyed fighting more so than anything else because she feels as if she really is making a difference. "So before joining the guild. What have you been up to?" Kimi said to Hestia. She was curious because Kimi herself wanted to be a tank way before meeting the guild just to protect random players she might run into, but that changed since most of the time she was alone. Kimi did a quick stretch as she was beginning to feel tired. All throughout this new day the duo had spent inside the valley and could barely tell how much time has passed since the scenery doesn't change often.

Well for myself before i joined the guild i did what i always did. When i had the strength to do so i did questing alone since i didn't wish to put others into danger if i could avoid it. However, even with such questing alone i did lots of questing with other players also helping him with quests, and sometimes each other helping one another complete a common quest if they need a tank and i need a damage dealer.  So their was lots of me just helping out random players and eventually becoming their friends through helping them out, and sometimes they would even send me a second message to tag up once more. Which is kinda what i want to do. To tag up with old players and take on challenges that would otherwise be impossible, and to try and make a meaningful connection between myself and others. I tell you with a shrug of my shoulders as we continue walking through the vent filled area as i curiously check the in game clock to get an idea of how much time has passed since we have started.

"That's great that you help people out. There are plenty of people out there who need a tank by their side, and if not just someone to quest with. As for myself I would've been a Tank, at least at first, but as time passed i noticed i am usually doing quests alone and acting like a tank for those is hard to do." Kimi said as they kept their pace going down the valley. "As a Damage player it is a lot easier getting by, and i figured if i can't help tank for people i can help get rid of enemies for them, but that is just me." Kimi said with a smile as she doesn't regret the decision of turning DPS. "Anyways." Kimi said trailing off for a bit, "How'd you like to fight some monsters to kill some time? I have a song that summons monsters, but they drop better loot." Kimi said as she took out one of her "Monster Calls".

I nod my head in understanding of the logic behind the switch to DPS as it is legitimate. Doing quests solo as a tank is a very difficult thing to accomplish without the right gear and such beforehand to do it. Which is the problem i am facing at the moment for certain. However, at the minimum without tanks DPS would neither be able to handle the enemies they fight once they are higher level. I know what you mean Kimi to take out the enemy before they can do harm is just as important as defend the people as the enemies survive the hit. I say calmly with a nod of my head as we continue walking through the area and eventually i hear you ask if i want enemies as i nod my head thinking it should totally be possible with what i am able to do. Let's do it Kimi we will show these enemies what for. I say with a grin upon my face as i back up away from the vents a little bit suspecting a lava, or fire elemental to pop up from their as i gaze around the area suspecting a enemy to come from somewhere knowing their is also golems that could come from the rocks possibly.

"Alright lets do this." Kimi said confidently as she began to ready herself with her equipment. Kimi began to play the recording and slowly the music filled the atmosphere. As it continued on, the earth around Kimi and Hestia began to rumble. Small bits of the valley started to crash down as well as some of the vents collapsing. Kimi brought up her fists getting ready for whatever is to come and faced the opposite direction of Hestia to cover all blindsides. Once the rumbling stopped a vent that has collapsed started to move and from the rubble emerged two Golem's nearing 8 feet tall. Kimi checked the surrounding areas if there are any other enemies she might've missed, but it was only the two Golem's that came out of the collapsed vent. A smile grew on Kimi's face as she finally had a chance to put some excitement into their dreary travels. 

Battle Lullaby consumed.

| Kimi | Level 13 | HP 260/260 | E 26/26 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

| Golem 1 | HP 330/330 | DMG 99 | 

| Golem 2 | HP 330/330 | DMG 99 | 

As the ground shakes and rumbles i quickly get back to back to you as i already know the enemy type now. 'Golems, well hopefully these rocks are weak and malleable or dealing with mitigation can be annoying.' I think to myself knowing that according to rumors that the golems upon this floor have some type of mitigation bonus to them which i can only assume is in preparation for players in their questing..I grin up at the creatures as i slam my sword hard into my shield as i look up at the golem's. It's battle time people time to not play dead! I say with a grin having gotten a sort of excitement for battle over time. Especially since it has been a utterly boring trip so far besides some rather interesting conversation. At least interesting within my own eyes. I then nod over to my familiar as the both of us quickly take off to move around the rather large beings that easily dwarf me in size as i activate howl with a grin on my face gathering attention onto me as i look at them. Come here, so we can start a nice rock slide of your bodies! I call over to the golems enjoying myself in this battle to stave off the unexciting walk before, and ahead after this fight.

-10 ENG do to Howl +6 hate do to Howl

[6]| hestia | Level 33 | HP 660/660 | E 56/66 | 3 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 1 | LD 0 | MIT 89 | Thrns: 28 l  Bleed: 24 l Regen: 10 HP after being hit for 3 turns l Recovery +2 ENG on CD:6+ l 2x paralyze

| Kimi | Level 13 | HP 260/260 | E 26/26 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

| Golem 1 | HP 330/330 | DMG 99 | 

| Golem 2 | HP 330/330 | DMG 99 |