[F9-PP] <<Guardian of Fire>> Hot stuff

Kimi just stretched a bit as the fight they had was more work than she thought it would be. "Yeah lets just start heading back. I don't want to get caught up in the lava rising, and we don't know if the ground beneath us is stable at the moment either." Kimi said this as she was already making her way up the incline with Hestia by her side. "The Golem will die, but lets make camp at the top of the incline its just a little further ahead anyways." As Kimi finished saying this she glanced at where Kuro has been hiding. It was a fair distance away from their fight, but Kimi didn't mind at all as long as Noodle was ok. Just as she thought everything was fine a lava ball was shot up from one of the vents and scorched Kuro making him roar and letting little Noodle fall. Hestia watched as Kuro attempted to readjust his flying, but while that was going on Kimi watched Noodle fall into the lava below. "Nooo!!!" Kimi let out a heart wrenching screech. "..noo.. Noodle.." Kimi was choking on her words as she fell to her knees watching Noodle disappear into the lava. She had tears falling from her eyes as her one favorite thing in the game disappeared in front of her. Kimi closed her eyes and punched the ground with her fist only having her tears moisten the ashen floor.

[18] |Hestia lHP  656/660 | E 29/66 | 3 DMG l ACC 1 | MIT 89 | Thrns: 28 l  Bleed: 24 l Regen: 10 HP after being hit for 3 turns l Recovery +2 ENG on CD:6+ l 2x paralyze 

[9] | Kimi | Level 13 | HP 260/260 | E 2/26 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 |

| Golem 2 | HP 12/330 | DMG 99 |  Bleed Paralyze  2/2

Loot Roll

ID# 94516 results:   Craft: 11   LD: 7(+2) = 9

1,320 Col

1 T1 Material

Edited by Kimi
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah lets head on over toward the incline we can make a good camp over their, and not have to worry about being burnt to a crisp. That doesn't sound fun at all. I say with a chuckle as i look over towards the Golem as it shatters into nothing as we gain another loot screen telling us what we had earned. Well at least this fight had given us some good loot either way, and nobody got hurt while doing so. I say cheerfully as i watch as Kuro comes back, and i then see some kind of lava ball shoot upwards and hit his side as i then see something. ' Oh no please Kuro catch him!' I think in panic seeing the little shark doggo falling. Then kuro trying to adjust his flight to avoid falling, but at the cost of Noodle as he then hits the lava creating a very tiny lava splash from it.

Noo...noodle. I say softly in shock having not expected him to fall into the lava as i look back to Kuro who has that apologetic look as i just nod my head knowing it is not his fault. I get onto a knee and pets his head gently and then hugs him gently to show him i think it is all right. I then walk on over towards kimi and gives her a gentle hug to show that i am there for the grieving girl. I look towards the lava biting my lip. 'Come on it's a familiar! Familairs can't die!? Right!? Come on SAO familiars can't die they don't even have health bars! Don't prove me wrong please!' I scream pleadingly in my mind hoping that didn't actually kill that adorable shark doggo that i know means a lot to you, and even to me. The little creature being absolutely adorable, and just absolutely precious. Not wanting something like this to actually have happened that a familiar could die...the idea of that being frankly frightening as i look over to Kuro as i can only think of trying to be more careful with my familiar now.

Kimi stared blankly at the ground as she sat refusing to move. Images of Noodle kept playing back in her mind like a stop motion movie. Kimi has always been looking to the bright side of things and kept her hopes up about everything until she just witnessed what happened to her precious Noodle. A deep feeling of uncertainty build up within her along side with hopelessness and sadness. The reality of the death game crashed through her mental gates of happiness as she remembered that anyone can go in this game and just like in real life never come back. Kimi's tear marks on her face caught ashes all around her and made the scene all more dramatic. Just about when Kimi was going to accept the fact that she isn't strong enough to make it out of the game. Something started bubbling from the edge of the lava. Kimi didn't take notice of it at first until she felt a nudge at her hand while she was staring blankly at the dark sky. 

Kimi couldn't be bothered with anything else at the moment, but as soon as she looked to see what was prodding her she couldn't believe her eyes. A red glowing creature was looking up at Kimi wagging its tail. It was Noodle, Kimi's heart jumped at the sight of Noodle, but he was different. "Whats with you Noodle?!" Kimi questioned as she picked up her lovely little friend to examine him. Kimi thought back to every moment she spent with him. In each encounter with a new environment Noodle never seemed to mind. "Do you change to match whats around you?" Kimi said really questioning whats gong on. This explains a lot since whatever Kimi feels Noodle tends to react the same also. Noodle just stayed wagging in Kimi's hands. "I'm just glad to have you back." Kimi said giving Noodle a hug.

I just remains hugging you tightly remaining at your side to help you get through this knowing that a death can be horrible if this is your first time experiencing it. The sadness, the uncertainty of how things will be after it, and the emptiness...the pure emptiness towards knowing that something is missing. Knowing the feeling rather well a little bit to well as i look to you. However, sometime during the hug of comfort i feel Kuro nudge me as i look to him as he points to the lava with a paw as i look over and see some sort of fire shark doggo. My eyes widening at the sight as he just walks on over to you and starts nudging you itself. 'Is this....is this Noodle.' I think in absolute shock of this creature being back as i look at it. When i see you looking i stop hugging you and just watches feeling a whole lot better that the little Shark Doggo is back. I gently pet Kuro as i watch the interaction between a owner, and their pet.

i take a few calming breathes glad that everything is okay, but that doesn't change the fact that Kimi had experienced her first run in with death via her familiar somehow surviving lava. However, at he cost of a moment of realizing the nature of the world, and also of this death game. That death is everywhere at any turn, and that it can happen at any moment especially the ones where you feel like you're at your safest.

#94518  LD:8

@Kimi

Kimi let out a sigh with a shaken breath. Kimi picked herself up weakly and said, "Lets get going, i don't wanna be here too long." As Kimi said that she wiped away the tear stains on her face with her wrist. Kimi pat Hestia on the shoulder not uttering a word, but more of a recognition of thanks that she was there for Kimi. The duo made their way to the top of the incline fairly quick with the lava still rising steadily behind them. It seemed that the lava slowed down and couldn't rise anymore a good amount of meters away from them. Kimi sat down and prepared to camp, but she still kept a close eye on Noodle studying him. Kimi watched as Noodle waddled back into the lava to play around for a bit and was even moving big chunks of debris towards the edge lining it with solid material. "Good job Noodle." Kimi said with a half smile.

ID# 94519 results:

Loot: 3(+2) = 5

no mats

Edited by Kimi

I smile a bit at the pat recognizing the meaning, but doesn't say anything knowing some things are best without words. I nod my head when you ask to move on from here as i walk with you towards the top of the incline and then sits down and rests after the surprisingly shocking day the two had.  Having not really expected their any of their days of travel to be this dangerous, and almost having lost a life along the way. I look over towards Kuro who is looking at Noodle with a saddened look. The reason why i can only have guesses on most of which involve worry and sadness over what just happened of dropping the poor little thing into lava. I gently pet Kuro to try and help calm him down as he accepts the pets and moves close to me for comfort. Along with you i watch the little noodle move some debris to form a little path as i grin at that able to see the use of such a skill in the future depending on how much worse the path gets from here onwards. Hey Kim you okay? I ask in a gentle voice over towards you remaining where i am petting my own familiar.

Kimi was just as mentally tired as she was physically. Dark clouds filled the sky, but she could see that it was already night. The only real lighting around the part was from the lava and the active volcano's of the floor. Noodle himself was glowing also which was fairly neat, but the scare Kimi got prior to that wasn't worth it in her eyes. Kimi rubbed her eyes from the exhaustion she was feeling. Hestia checked to see how she was doing, but really Kimi just nodded and said "Im doing fine, don't worry about me. Im really just tired, and the scare from earlier didn't help. Lets get some rest because i can really feel my body asking for it." Kimi said with a forced smile. She had quite a lot in her mind as she moved back a bit to her camping spot. She thought she might as well try to sleep off all the doubts and negative thoughts in her mind and save the energy for tomorrow.

i see the smile on your face as i then get up and walks on over to you with a serious look on my face as i put my hand on your shoulder. Kimi i can tell you're forcing yourself to smile. Tell me what is wrong. Come on don't try to hide things from me you're my friend and i want to care for my friends. Just talk to me Kim let me help. I say in a gentle tone of voice as i look into your eyes. wanting to just help you out as best as i can with what is your first death. Knowing i can try to help with my own personal experience with death. If anything like how you call that telrenya girl mom, or that Jomei guy dad. Let me be like that older sister who is always willing to listen to your problems, and try to help you understand them. I say to you in a gentle tone of voice. If you don't want to talk about it now i can understand that, but that means tomorrow as we're walking i would want to talk about this. i tell you with no hint of jokingness in my voice. Not liking the ones that i care for being sad, or having to act happy at all preferring them to be fully and actually happy. Even if it means in the end i would have to take on such burdens.

Kimi buried her face in her legs for a brief moment. She looked back at Hestia and tried to muster up her voice to speak whats on her mind, but nothing came out. As Kimi cleared her throat to try saying something. The only thing she could get out is, "I'll just tell you tomorrow. Lets just get some rest for now." Kimi proceeded to call Noodle over to her side by gesturing to sit. At the moment he arrive Kimi picked him up and slept with Noodle in her arms. "Sorry Noodle, ill be more careful next time." Even though it was an accident that Noodle fell. The idea that if that was anyone else or if Noodle didn't have the ability to adapt made her shiver at the thought any other situation would've turned out bad. Before going to sleep Kimi uttered the words hestia, "sorry for worrying you." Kimi didn't get too much rest, but just enough to clear her mind a bit and be physically ready for the next day of travel. 

I nod my head in understanding knowing it is most likely difficult to get the words out at the moment as i go over and creates a nice sleeping back for myself to just put on the ground to not be sleeping directly on the ground as that would be uncomfortable to the max. I just lay down and watches as Kuro moves over and lays beside me as i smile and wraps my arms around the nice furry being to get the rest that i need to protect you the following day. This time not even doing a swap in night guard since the last time hosted no monsters, so i feel fairly confident nothing will attack during this night. My night being rather peaceful for the most part with the only exception of a nightmare of noodle dying permanently at which point during that night had held Kuro tighter towards me with a small little scared whimper having escaped my lips at that. Not liking the idea of anyone dying especially right before my eyes.

Kimi woke up fairly early seeing the red sky brighter than normal. "Alright, guess today is the day we slay the Cerberus." Kimi said as she stretched trying to rub the sleep off her. Kimi looked at the spot at which the lava was raising, but it seemed that it hasn't moved since yesterday night. The thought of it raising to where they were made Kimi feel uncomfortable, but she knew that Noodle might wake her up before hand. Kimi scanned the area to see if anything was out of place, but everything seemed just as they left it. "Hestia. You up?" Kimi said in a low voice as she saw that she was still laying down in her nap sack. Kimi went around the area to check the surroundings for any monsters, but none were to be scene. Kimi thought that they shouldve done this earlier before sleeping, but she couldnt help it.

I groan softly as i slowly wake up at hearing your voice as i get up off the ground as i slowly push off of it as i grab the sleeping bag and forces it into my inventory haphazardly. With that completed i look around with tired sleepy eyes as everything slowly comes to focus as i see you checking around the area most likely for monsters. I look down to Kuro and gently nudges him awake as i then walk on over to you. Hey Kimi i'm awake now for the most part. Even if it is just barely. I say as i stretch out not use to being the second one awake. That being out of the normal for me, but at the very least hopefully that means i slept in rather then you waking up earlier. You ready for slaying Cerberus today? And also a bit more importantly for you talking about yesterday. It is not a good idea to keep those thoughts locked up in your mind you know. I tell you seriously.

My familiar Kuro slowly gets up at my nudging of him as he slowly flies on over towards Noodle then slowly encase the little shark dog is angry at him. The lion familiar waits about a foot away from the Noodle to see if it is willing to approach him.

"Don't worry too much, i'll talk about it. I just wanna get to the Cerberus and beat him up as soon as possible. There are players that might die to it or even NPC's." Kimi said as she got Noodle ready to go. Just let me know when you're ready and we can set off. "Just lead the way ill follow behind you, i don't want any golems jumping out on me. I wanna save my energy for when we fight the Cerberus." Kimi said confidently as she started beginning her routine stretch for the day. Noodle seemed to be following Kimi with her stretches too and did what it could. "Did you sleep well Hestia?" Kimi questioned as she made her way to pat Kuro. "I hope you're doing alright too Kuro." As she studied the area that was grazed by a lava ball.

I nod my head with a understanding look on my face. To get rid of the dangerous beast that protects the realm of the underworld. Yeah i can understand Kimi lets get on our way to Cerberus the sooner that it is dead the sooner we can rest easily after a loooong trip to get there. I say with a small chuckle as i start to do some stretches to try and get me up and wide awake for the day to come. So Kimi supposedly from the quest also along the way we'll be forced to fight some hounds that is meant to proct the summon the mighty beast that is Cerberus.i tell you as i wonder how strong these little doggos that summon the big one actually are. I look over towards Noodle and sees him following your actions. Awwww that is soooo adorable! i say seeing the little Noodle following your example. When you ask how well i am i just nod my head at that. yeah i slept rather well actually. the only exception is one bad nightmare that is nothing to worry about. I say with a small shrug as Kuro enjoys the small little pat. Also lets get going Kimi the sooner we leave the sooner we can protect the players. I tell you as i gesture for you to follow as i start making my way towards Cerberus' layer that should be within this day's distance.

Kimi traveled with Hestia and their familiars at a fairly quick pace. The party made really good time since they woke up early. The sun was high above their head while traveling down a slightly noticeable path. "So Hestia, about yesterday. I just had a lot of doubts about making it out of this death game. I've had some experiences that i never want to replace, but at the same time i wish to be back in the real world." Kimi swallowed as she tried to say something more. "My life in real life hasn't been to kind to me, and honestly despite being in here, i quite enjoy it. I guess you can say i'm stuck at a weird situation where living here has felt more like my life than living in the real world where not many people care about me except my brothers." Kimi had her eyes focused on the ground as she continued to say that. "I know i nearly lost Noodle yesterday, but experiencing that made me have doubts about a lot of things. Like if i can really get out and even if i do my time spent in here wont matter much."

SO you're having doubts about whether the real life is worth going back to since the in game life has been a lot better for you? I say more so to make sure what i heard could be simplified down to such things. Since restating the entirety of what you said would be a bit much. Well in regards to doubts of making out of this game i know it can seem difficult at times. Especially during those moments when it seems like it is impossible to escape do to the fact that things that are precious can be threatened by such fleeting moments that we barely even notice, or can barely even expect for to happen. I say gently to you as we continue walking through the ninth floor as the sun is high, or what can be interpreted as high do to the fact that it is hard to see through the clouds of smoke. However, in regards to the real life i am sorry that life is like that for you, and i wish i could be their to help you through that. I tell you gently as i give you a small hug. Also if you're worried about the experiences you made here simply not mattering once you leave. Then make them matter. Make sure to try and find the people you met here back in real life, and try to stay friends and such you know. I say to you having an arm wrapped around you shoulder to have you in a one arm hug. Also if you ever need somebody to talk to about any of this at all i am here for you always. You can always have me be that shoulder you can cry on, and go to for support when you need me here. I say to you.

"Thanks for listening." Kimi said with her hope up a little bit. "Anyways lets focus now on the objective at hand. We came here to get rid of the Cerberus so it wont bring harm to anyone else in this floor. As for the hell hounds, or hounds. Im fairly certain that we can get rid of them easy. Pretty sure we're close to its layer." Kimi was climbing around a few rocks that are blocking the path and when she finally reached over it. She saw that down below there was a cave glowing red with vents to both sides ranging from large to small constantly spewing out hot air. "I think that might be it. I'm ready to check it out if you are." Noodle seemed to be doing well in his lava/fire form. "It seems that the cave is bright enough for us to see also since its glowing red and all."

As we climb over the edge of the mountain and sees the burning cave i can only chuckle slightly at its appearance. They couldn't make it more menacing if they tried. Steam pouring out of it, the red lighting, the fact their is some supposed monster within it. The only thing they are missing is some type of ominous music then they will get all those classic movie stereotypes. I say jokingly to you with a smile on my face. Trying to cheer you up with some joking and such encase you're a bit down about the whole situation. Also i'm up for going down their and exploring the cave right now. The only thin that is meant to be seen is when these hell hounds will try to attack us. I say curiously as i look over towards the exposed parts of the cave be it vents near it, or the main entrance to it. So Kim ready to go down and kill a fire dog, so we can finally pack this up and head home to get some time to relax? I say with a grin as i then start going down the little hill that slopes down towards the cave as i prepare myself for the inevitable heat that will be coming from the cave.

"Alright I'm ready whenever you are. I'm going to take a look around to see if there are any enemies at the entrance of the cave. I'll let you know what i find and how many enemies are there." Kimi slid down the side of the rocks that they climbed and found herself at the very base of a the mountain side. Kimi looked around, but saw nothing that might be a threat to Hesita or Kimi. Noodle followed silently right behind Kimi as if it understood that they are trying to sneak around to spot monsters. The vents around the cave kept spewing hot air and bits of molten rock from time to time that spilled into the cave. "Huh this is very fitting for a dungeon." Kimi thought to herself as she came closer. As she peaked into the cave, Kimi noticed 4 hellhounds keeping guard, but they weren't doing anything else and havent noticed Kimi yet. Kimi quickly retreaded back to Hestia and told her what she saw. "There are only four hounds from what i saw. Though im not to sure if there are any more."

| Kimi | Level 15 | HP 300/300 | E 30/30 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 |

Hellhound 1 HP 30 | DMG 50 MD:9=75DMG; MD:10=100DMG

Hellhound 2 HP 30 | DMG 50 MD:9=75DMG; MD:10=100DMG

Hellhound 3 HP 30 | DMG 50 MD:9=75DMG; MD:10=100DMG

Hellhound 4 HP 30 | DMG 50 MD:9=75DMG; MD:10=100DMG

As you go to see if their are any creatures inside the cave i just sit up where i am petting kuro as i inspect the spot where he got burnt as i see the once pure white fur has blackened slightly to a more of a greyish color. I nod my head figuring that i will have to wash off that spot and hope that it doesn't stay since i rather like his nice pure white fur he has. Eventually i do see you come back from your scouting as you make your way up the cliff as i nod my head to you as i look at the little shark doggo that is now a bit fiery. At hearing your information i nod my head in understanding. Well Kimi that at least will makes things easier and safer for you. Now comes the fun part for me. Watching as they all hopefully crash and burn on my armor as you follow up with a hit. I say with a chuckle as i move down this little hill towards the cave and then jogs on over towards the creatures till i am within their range of senses as they all quickly turn to me as their icons turn red. Hey come on doggos! No need to be in their come out and fight! I say with a grin activating howl.

| Kimi | Level 15 | HP 300/300 | E 30/30 | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 |

[12] |Hestia lHP  660/660 | E 56/66 | 3 DMG l ACC 1 | MIT 89 | Thrns: 28 l  Bleed: 24 l Regen: 10 HP after being hit for 3 turns l Recovery +2 ENG on CD:6+ l 2x paralyze   -10 ENG Howl

Hellhound 1 HP 30 | DMG 50 MD:9=75DMG; MD:10=100DMG

Hellhound 2 HP 30 | DMG 50 MD:9=75DMG; MD:10=100DMG

Hellhound 3 HP 30 | DMG 50 MD:9=75DMG; MD:10=100DMG

Hellhound 4 HP 30 | DMG 50 MD:9=75DMG; MD:10=100DMG