[PP-F7] Dragon Tale <<Feeding The Enemy>> [Complete]

It seemed that Vigilon hadn't expected to receive any compliments towards his singing. To Krysta, he seemed kind, helpful, comforting, and a little sweet, but not without resolve. Now, Krysta was considering adding humble to the list. "You're very welcome, Vigilon." She turned to see that his face was turning color. This was new. "Vigilon? ...Are you blushing??" The other players had different reactions to the roar that scared off the phoenix. Pinball was surprised, and became wary. Mars guessed that the roar came from the creature that was roaming, and he also wondered if they would be lucky enough to encounter and fight the beast, seeing that there were four of them. She believed that to be fairly confident. "Well, strength in numbers indeed exists..." It seemed that Vigilon had gone through something similar in terms of seeking out a familiar. He also responded to what Mars said, which implied the possibility that Vigilon wanted nothing to do with the roaming monster.

@Pinball @Mars

Edited by Krysta
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinball watched with an interested stare as the two players talked. He had never been much of a social butterfly despite his occasional eccentric outbursts, and that didn't change, even in a small group like this. More over, the only person Pinball was really comfortable around was Mars... though he had his quirks, too. Pinball leaned on his spear and waited, soaking up everything he could about the two. From what he understood, Vigilon definitely knew something about the monster, and Mars may have come to this floor to try and fight it. Krysta called Vigilon out on his blush, which also led Pinball to believe that there was more going on between these two than he could understand at the moment. Pinball sighed, taking a few steps back and leaning against a tree. It would be a while before they found another familiar. For now, Pinball was content with watching. He took another glance at the sky, half expecting a monster to swoop down. Would we be able to even fight something like that? Just from the way it sounded, It must be really powerful... He shrugged, turning his attention back to the players while still keeping a look out for the elusive monster everyone kept talking about. 

Edited by Pinball

He looks over to the man known as Vigilon that was blushing with a raised eyebrow. And what if i am trying to fight this creature would you prefer it being allowed to terrify the local players into fearing on going into quests? Cause that is mighty selfish of you to think such things when us as a group could easily handle such a creature to allow players some peace of mind.it is only a nice bonus that i came to this floor to fight this creature. The quests that have been provided in the lower floors have been way to easy for myself, and i figured that if i go here to fight some famous creature that i can get a challenge finally. He says as he glances over towards Pinball then continues. With such fights not counting creatures that can be fished up. He says in a leveled tone of voice. One that suggests speaking from a logical stand rather then any emotional stance of mindset. So i would say that a group of four such as us could handle this rather easily. Pinball and myself are DPS, and from what i gathered during our fight against Avalanche you're like utility. The only one i don't know about is the girl known as Krysta. He says in a calm tone of voice finishing what he has to say upon that matter and looks his familiar that is looking at Vigilon with a rather unimpressed look do to the players reluctance to fight. The familiar having the same desire for a interesting fight as Mars himself. He then calmly goes over to Pinball to walk beside him and mutters under his breathe so only he would hear. If the beast comes i would request you try to stun or freeze it, and then i will follow up with my usual strong attack. Same plan as what we do to kill that cuddle fish creature you fished up.

@Vigilon

Krysta turned and noticed that Vigilon was blushing. "I, uh, what?" Now Vigilon felt more embarrassed. Not only was he blushing for some reason, now the other players knew it, too. "Uhhhhh...." He didn't know what to say, he didn't know what to do. He just needed something to distract him, right now. Mars then stated that he did want to fight the monster, instead of letting it cause more trouble. Not only that, however, but he also considered not fighting it to be selfish when there were four of them. Sure, taking down a monstrosity would be nice, but Vigilon had one reason why not. "Of course I care about the other players' lives, and under normal circumstances, I would be willing to take on the beast if it was a fight that could be won!" He then looked at Krysta, his eyes trying to hide the worry within. "...I just don't want anyone in this party getting killed."

@Krysta @Pinball @Mars

Krysta noticed that Vigilon seemed uneasy when she realized he was blushing. He appeared as if he was...embarrassed. The question was, why? Mars then said that he did intend on facing the creature, and then said it was selfish of Vigilon to not fight the beast, even though there were four of them, and could bring some peace to the players going about this floor. Krysta then began wondering why Vigilon wouldn't take the chance to vanquish the creature. Could it be he believed the beast was too powerful? Was it that he thought he would end up falling in battle somehow, even though his level was steadily rising? Then Vigilon made his response, looking at Krysta. He was worried. It was because of Krysta. For all she knew, she was the weakest player in the party. He had his reason for not wanting to face the creature, he didn't want Krysta to be targeted and killed. "Vigilon... You don't have to worry yourself over me and my level. You and the others could easily grab and hold the monster's attention, and I can join in when it's safe to do so!" Mars then explained what he knew about the party, and said that the only one he didn't know about was Krysta. "Well, I'm only level six, and although I haven't acquired any yet, I do plan on having some healing skills in the future."

@Pinball @Mars @Vigilon

Pinball nodded silently at Mars' request, not taking his eyes off the two relatively unfamiliar players in front of him. He looked to the side, taking in the mountainous landscape. There was a monster out there, and there was a chance they would have to face it. Whether they sought it out was what seemed to be the problem. Mars was all for it, while Vigilon... was worried about Krysta? Pinball whistled. "Aw man, is this some kind of lovers' quarrel?" Pinball's face turned red despite himself, though he managed to keep a straight face. You should really think before you speak. Especially around people you don't know, he chided himself. But, what was spoken could not be unspoken, and Pinball was going to have to own up to it. "You guys just seem like you have a lot going on," he explained, flipping his spear and leaning against it. He grinned. The way he was acting was really forced. An introvert trying to act like he was extroverted, in truth. His eyes followed the two of them, and his smile only widened. "So, what's the story?

He rolls his eyes at Vigilon's words and immediately responds. The death of others in this part doesn't matter Vigilon since me and Pinball will be the ones trying to gain the most hate followed by you, and then followed up by Krysta. That way everyone can survive with ease do to me and Pinball having the greatest chances of dodging and hitting while being DPS, and for yourself you seem like a support in the terms of your damage from the fact you had that bleed upon your weapon i remember from Avalanche. With such a plan then it should be enough to handle the enemy. The only downside is that Krysta not having healing is disappointing since having that would be useful to make sure if we do get hit we can survive. he states calmly to the man. Easily seeing that the one known as Vigilon is interested in the Krysta girl for one reason or the other. Not really caring about that in any form since it could just be hindrance like right now in his quest of taking on the beast on this floor.

Krysta told Vigilon that he wouldn't need to worry, saying that if she remained out of harm's way until the rest of the party had full attention of the monster, then joined in, she would be safe. Mars seemed to have a similar idea. Now Vigilon just felt either embarrassed for not being able to come up with that, or just plain stupid. Pinball whistled, and asked if this was some kind of "lovers' quarrel". This clearly wasn't the case, nor did Vigilon even think it was relevant. "...Whaaaat?? N-no, we're just friends! I mean, we've only known each other for like, five months!" He exclaimed while his face turned red once again. This was no quarrel, nor was it a dispute of any kind. Pinball also seemed to imply that there was a thing between him and Krysta, which there really wasn't. He began thinking through his thoughts, trying to make sure that this was all a complete misunderstanding. "She's just a friend. She's a kind soul, she is a justified person, she is strong willed and unwilling to back down, with the exception being if the situation is an absolute emergency...She sings amazingly, enchantingly.... She's noticeably cute....Wait a minute-!"

@Krysta @Pinball @Mars

Krysta heard Mars's response to Vigilon's words. Seems he had a similar idea, but he didn't have to roll his eyes... Pinball either sputtered out more nonsense again, or tried to see what might have been going on between Krysta and Vigilon. She believed that it was nonsense due to the fact that there wasn't even a thing between Krysta and Vigilon. After all, how could such words be relevant with the given situation? Vigilon reacted, then blushed again. This was all making her more and more curious as to why he has been blushing recently. She dropped the idea. Pinball then said that they just seem to have a lot going on, leaned on his spear as he smiled, and asked what the story was. "Ah, I'm sorry, I...don't seem to understand the question you're asking..." She would have to get back to her search at some point. She remembered the last part of what Mars said, then she remembered something. "Well, I still have a few healing potions I might be able to spare..."

@Pinball @Mars @Vigilon

Pinball kept smiling, but dropped the subject. Krysta was either acting like nothing was happening or genuinely believed that there was nothing between them. Vigilon might not think the same, it would seem. He shrugged, leaned back against the tree. He looked here and there, trying to help out with the search for Krysta's familiar, but found nothing. "W-wait," he stuttered, looking between Mars and Krysta, "was I supposed to bring potions? I - I don't have any." It was all the more reason Pinball hoped they didn't have to face the creature. If the monster managed to hit him... he shuddered. Pinball relied on dodging hits, not taking the. He decided to drop the subject between Krysta and Vigilon. It wasn't any of his business, and he had no right to suggest things like that. He tried to find a conversation topic, but could come up with nothing. Instead, he decided to watch again, and spoke little after that. His head still whirled from place to place. He was getting very paranoid, hearing things that weren't there. He sighed. 

Depends on what healing potions you have. If they are party healing ones then keep them to yourself to use when we're low. If it is single target healing then we will distriute to me and Pinball since the plan is for the two of us to take the most hits. he says calmly to the girl known as Krysta then looking towards Pinball. I would hope you have some items that could boost your chance of survival Pinball. Since i am sure you have done the lesson quests so have some potions on you to use if need be. he says calmly to his comrade while continuing to make his way towards the sound of the roar he had heard. his familiar following after him soon behind. We will face the beast if possible, and if anything we will find Krysta's familiar during that time. With that we can make sure that both objectives are completed and we all benefit. he says in a calm tone of voice to the party as he sends them all party invites. That way we can keep track of each others health amounts also. he tells them.

(OOC: Hang on a minute, @Mars, Krysta sent us party invites in the previous page!)

Vigilon thought he was overthinking the situation's possibilities. What could have possibly happened that would have caused Pinball to bring up the subject in the first place? Krysta was confused about it, but she did notice he was blushing again. "Come on, Vigilon! Stop blushing!!!" Krysta then mentioned that she had a few potions. Pinball noted that he didn't have any with him, and wondered if he was supposed to. Mars made a suggestion on how to split them. "I've got a song crystal that heals the party, so I doubt I'll need to borrow a potion. I guess we each could have one healing item on us each...?" Vigilon hoped the suggestion he made would prove useful. Veriost woke up from her nap, which she began about a minute after Vigilon arrived at the safe zone's edge in Nimbus. The small white frost dragon yawned and stretched a little.

@Krysta @Pinball

Krysta had a feeling that all three players would have something to say regarding healing potions. Mars and Vigilon made suggestions as to what Krysta should do with said potions. Vigilon said he had a healing item already, so Krysta decided to give one potion to Pinball, and one to Mars. "Last time I checked, they restore about 50 HP." After that matter was sorted out, Krysta returned to her search. She would find something, no matter how long it took. She soon found a patch of ruby red flowers, but something was a little off... She reached her hand towards the flowers until something darted out to her left. She slowly moved towards the direction whatever she saw move, and pulled something out of her inventory in case it might be friendly. "Easy now, I'm not going to harm you..." She placed the food item down, and waited for a minute or more. A small dragon with ruby plumage slowly poked it's head out, took a whiff of the item, then snagged it and pulled it along till both were concealed in the undergrowth. Krysta drew near the area as she heard the sound coming from the creature as it was eating the item. when silence returned, she brought her hand into the undergrowth, with some hesitation. Suddenly a streak of ruby red flew past her, and she turned around to see the small ruby red dragon staring at her warily. "Grrm..." Krysta slowly moved her hand near it, and waited until the dragon approached slowly. Within a minute, it was looking Krysta in the eyes as it slowly climbed up her arm towards her shoulder. She brought her other hand to it, and the creature allowed itself to be petted and stroked. It seemed to Krysta that this little one was shy, and now trusted Krysta. "Aww, heehee...." The small dragon looked at the other players, then looked at Krysta. It flew off in a certain direction, stopping in midair for a moment, to gesture for Krysta, and possibly the others, to follow. Krysta got up and headed over in the direction the small dragon was headed. Soon she found herself in an open field, and after a very minor thundering sound, the small ruby red dragon landed on Krysta's shoulder. When Krysta looked at it, she realized something from the expression it had. It seemed the dragon...needed help? Krysta could only guess  that despite that this was a game, entities and mobs truly had lives of their own, especially after she heard a roar. She turned in the direction to see an incoming dragon on the horizon...

[Dangerous Mob Approaching!]

@Vigilon

ID# 95384 LD: 20+6=26(Success, Found T1 Enhanced Familiar)

Gave 1 Standard Healing Potion(Restores 50 HP) to @Pinball

Gave 1 Standard Healing Potion(Restores 50 HP) to @Mars

Edited by Krysta

Now it was Pinball's turn for his face to light up. Embarrassed, he scratched the back of his head nervously. "Yeah- I... I don't have any more," he managed, fiddling with his spear. He had used most of them with King Croaksworth, and after that, he must have misplaced them, because they were no longer in his inventory. "Whoops," he nervously chuckled, then smiled when Krysta passed him a potion. "T-thanks," he apologized, "sorry about that." He didn't like handouts, but Krysta's discovery of her familiar shocked him out of his thinking. He watched as a small dragon appeared, Krysta managing to tame it. "Oh, congrats." Surprisingly, the familiar needed help. Pinball ran after the dragon with Krysta, and they soon came to a stop in an open field. A roar sent a chill up his back, and he looked to the sky, seeing a dragon rapidly approaching. Fear gripped his heart, and he was tempted to run... But not with the others still here. Pinball turned to Mars, and nodded. He let out a nervous breath, and got ready for a fight.

Mars looks over towards the direction of the roar with a grin on his face as he prepares his strongest attack as he glances over towards his partner with a serious look. Pinball now whatever you do make sure to give it your all. This isn't some Minotaur, or Giant Bee. Treat this like we're fighting a fishing boss but even stronger. He says to his ally as he slams his fists together ready to fight the enemy right away as he waits for the beast to show up. he then glances towards the other two seeing that the Krysta girl got a dragon like Vigilon. He looks towards the healing potion he had gotten from the girl and just nods his head at that figuring it could be used possibly in his favor. He just nods towards the girl. Thank you for sharing the healing potion miss Krysta now then lets all focus on the enemy. Vigilon i want you going in with a stun if possible if Pinball doesn't do so. Mars says addressing the group about the possible enemy.

Mars: Level 16   320/320  ENG:32/32   DMG: 10  Eva 3 l  ACC 3 l  9 DMG  l  2 Regen (+10 Hp when hit)  l 1 savvy (+1 BD when enemy misses)

@Vigilon

Krysta gave two of her potions to Pinball and Mars, then returned to her search. She managed to find a small dragon with ruby red feathers. "Clearly, each is more unique and different from the others..." Once she had tamed it, the small ruby red dragon took flight and gestured for the players to follow. Question was, why? He followed Krysta, who was following the small dragon, and they were soon in an open field. Vigilon heard a very minor thundering sound, not like he was able to guess why. Judging from the expression he was able to see from he small dragon, it seemed like it needed help. He heard a roar, and turned to see a dragon coming. It matched the description of a certain kind of dragon known in a certain book series. "...Please tell me that's not a Hungarian Horntail." The realization came to him about a second later. "...Aw, crap! This is the monster the players had been talking about! This is the dragon that's roaming the floor!" He looked at his own familiar, Veriost, who seemed to be looking towards him, with an expression that seemed to convey to Vigilon "All these debates, all these issues... I know I've got problems too, but can't we just all get along?" From that, he remembered something an NPC from a different game said, "To a dragon, there is no difference between a battle and a debate." Then it hit him of what this possibly was. "Ah, darn it!"

@Krysta @Pinball @Mars

The other players had arrived at the scene. Pinball readied himself for battle, and Mars suggested a battle plan. Vigilon, however was realizing that the floor-roaming creature was upon them, and Krysta began to worry if that was the case. Krysta equipped her light armor vest, which appeared over her white dress and replaced the cloak. The small ruby red dragon was now airborne and beside Krysta. The other dragon, which was indeed a Hungarian Horntail, landed just about a few yards from the players. The scaly brute looked to the small dragon beside Krysta. "Yol-Viin-Sil, Zu'u, Bruniik-Ah-Rel, ofaal hin krif!" Whatever it was saying certainly wasn't english, but it seemed to be addressing the small dragon. "...Yolviinsil...could that be the small dragon's name? No, I can't be certain just yet..." The large dragon then looked at the four players. "Hi lost fahdon? Sahlo! Grind dinok!" It looked towards Vigilon. "Fo...Krah Diin!!" The dragon let loose a stream of frost breath at him. Krysta stepped back, almost jumped back, in fact. She held her hands to her mouth as this happened. When the frost breath stopped, Vigilon was encased in ice. This was the roaming monster, all right...

@Pinball @Mars @Vigilon

Equipped Guardian Vest(18 Mit)

ID# 95430 Mob: 10(Critical, +2 DMG), LD: 17(Attacked using Frost Breath), CD: 12(Inflicted Freeze)

Krysta: HP 120/120, EP 12/12

Pinball: HP 280/280, EP 28/28

Mars: HP 320/320  EP 32/32

Vigilon: HP 286/300, EP 35/35 {Frozen}

Enemies:

<<Bruniikahrel>>

Spoiler

HP 350/350

48 Damage

5 Mitigation

Attack list:

<Unrelenting Force>

Inflicts stun on CD 10-12, and is used on a LD roll of 1-5.

<Dragon’s Rage>

A typical attack. Used on a LD roll of 6-10.

<Fire Breath>

Inflicts burn on CD 10-12, used on a LD roll of 11-15.

<Frost Breath>

Inflicts freeze on CD 10-12, used on a LD roll of 16-20.

Edited by Krysta

Pinball paid little attention to the others. As soon as the dragon landed, he lifted his spear and darted to the right, activating a sword art. He heard the dragon screech something, but launched himself into the Sword Art. Too late did he realize that freeze nor phase would activate during his attack. But, he was already swinging his spear around, and by the time he was through, Vigilon was... frozen?! Pinball's jaw dropped. He had never seen anything other than himself actually use Freeze, let alone a monster. "Just...Just what is this thing?" He gazed at the creature's healthbar, and how little damage he seemed to inflict upon it. Bruniikahrel. Pinball cursed, jumping back beside Mars. "Sorry," he muttered to his rival, watching the creature testily. "This isn't a normal monster, Mars. Be careful." He knew firsthand how the man got during combat, and he didn't want anybody dying today. He looked to Vigilon, the poor sap locked in place by the thin layer of ice Pinball was used to seeing during fights. "Don't worry," he chuckled nervously, "you'll thaw out. Just... Just don't get hit by anything, and you won't get hurt.

ID# 95422

BD: 4+3= 8 (Hit!) 

5*6= 30 - 5 = 25 DMG 

- 6 EN

[H:0] Krysta: HP 120/120, EP 12/12

[H:1] Pinball: HP 280/280, EP 22/28

[H:0] @Mars: HP 320/320  EP 32/32

[H:0] Vigilon: HP 286/300, EP 35/35 {Frozen}

Enemies:

<<Bruniikahrel>>

Spoiler

HP 325/350

48 Damage

5 Mitigation

Attack list:

<Unrelenting Force>

<Dragon’s Rage>

<Fire Breath>

<Frost Breath>

Edited by Pinball

He hears the dragon speak gibberish as far as he is concerned as his fists get covered in blazing red energy as he grins with a dark chuckle wearing his assassin garb as the fire liger that is his familiar dashes forward alongside himself towards the enemy planning to deal some actual damage against the creature to show it no mercy that a war god can bring. He can only wonder what is going to happen from this. However, as he was going to move into to attack the monster the breathe attack comes as his eyes widen slightly from the surprise as a flash of anger is felt also at something else now having a unique attack. However, as he goes to unleash the first motion fro the sword art to continue the attack he says his arm frozen as he lands on the ground and is forced to punch the ice to break it apart as he looks to Pinball with a deadly glare of his yellow colored eyes. The silent message of. 'Don't you dare say a thing.' Being conveyed quite clearly in that moment of him having missed his target. His fire liger staying close to the ground but growling angrily at no attack having happened.

[H:0] Krysta: HP 120/120, EP 12/12

[H:1] Pinball: HP 280/280, EP 22/28

[H:0] Mars: HP 320/320  EP 30/32

[H:0] @Vigilon: HP 286/300, EP 35/35 {Frozen}

Enemies:

<<Bruniikahrel>>

HP 325/350  48 Damage 5 Mitigation

Spoiler

Attack list:

<Unrelenting Force>

<Dragon’s Rage>

<Fire Breath>

<Frost Breath>

Edited by Mars

Krysta's new friend took flight beside her, and the large dragon landed a few yards away. The big bad Hungarian Horntail looked to the small ruby red dragon and spoke. Well, he spoke, but it wasn't English. "Uhhh...anyone here know dragon tongue more than I do? Sure, I've had my fair share of gameplay in Skyrim, but it wasn't like I studied and memorized every word of the language..." Maybe if he looked at the dragon's expressions, similar to how he did so with Veriost, he might be able to get enough of an idea. The dragon was looking at the players now, and it seemed that he wasn't amused. Vigilon noticed that the dragon was aiming for him, and he tried to run out of the way, but failed miserably. "Shoot-!" The frost breath hit him harder than any breath attack from Veriost could have hit him. It was like her frost breath on steroids, times twenty. As for the temperature, it was Veriost's frost breath, on steroids, times forty, and then that was put on steroids. It was freezing! Literally, because Vigilon realized he couldn't move. When the breath attack cleared up, Vigilon noticed he was encased in ice. He looked at his HP meter, and saw the symbol for the frozen status ailment. "Great, just what I need..." Pinball tried to make him feel better, but unless something was to get the dragon's attention, it wasn't like he would be without any other hits when he thawed out. Hopefully, he would be able to get back in the fight and give this dragon a major thrashing, cause he would at least try.

@Krysta @Pinball @Mars

[Vigilon is frozen solid!]

Krysta: HP 120/120, EP 12/12

[1] Pinball: HP 280/280, EP 22/28

Mars: HP 320/320  EP 30/32

Vigilon: HP 286/300, EP 35/35 {Frozen}

Enemies:

<<Bruniikahrel>>

Spoiler

HP 325/350

48 Damage

5 Mitigation

Attack list:

<Unrelenting Force>

<Dragon’s Rage>

<Fire Breath>

<Frost Breath>

Edited by Vigilon