[PP-F1] A Nice Picnic (Shaya)

Angel walked through the Grasslands of the first floor, a small wicker basket in his hand. He was wearing his black Fallen Angel Armor as he always did while out of the safezone, his weapon and shield secured to his side and back. He maneuvered himself to a small lake, hidden in the forest itself where no monsters seemed to spawn or even go near. The top of the lake sparkled in the light as Angel sat down under a tree and began to set up the meal, waiting for his friend to show up.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaya decided what to wear during the picnic. She chose a skirt and tank top still keeping her sword attached to her back. She left the inn she was staying at, and walked to where they had decided the picnic to be. It was a beautiful day, barely any clouds in the sky. She sees Angel and approaches him, Well your here early. She stares at him seeing he's almost done unpacking.

Angel hears her and looks up from his work, a bright smile on his face as he does so. "Yeah, I guess so. I wouldn't want to arrive late and make a bad impression now would I?" He asked as he finished setting up the display. It was all put on a square blanket, with a wicker basket resting on the top. Set up in a circle around the basket, was a small buffet lunch of finger sandwiches, fruits and vegetables, and some nonalcoholic drinks. Some napkins are also seen inside the basket. "So, how'd I do?" He asked, grinning as he rested under the tree.

Angel shrugged. "I may be a blacksmith, but I know a thing or two about cooking. In the real world, I used to make dinner for my family all the time. They seemed to like it. But because of the game's mechanics, I couldn't go as big as I had originally planned." It was the truth. Angel had originally wanted to make a casserole or a pie, but he wasn't a chef and the food is two high a level. Finger sandwiches were the best he could manage. "So now that we've got some time, tell me a little about yourself." He said while taking an apple from the basket of fruit and eating it quietly.

In the real world? She paused and thought for a bit. I was going to go to college, but, well you know... this. She made a gesture like she was putting something down with two hands. I used to love animals, and I was very popular. She smile and now felt high and mighty. I used to go to clubs a lot, I have a friend that could get you a good fake ID if you needed it. She winked and smiled, What about you? What was your life like?

Angel looked up. "I was your typical gamer, even though I still maintained a healthy social life. I didn't party or go to clubs as much as the average college student, but I had friends and I went outside." He pointed to his body. "As you can see, I exercised so that I wouldn't be a slob or one of those out of shape gamers who stay in their basement." His eyes drifted to her eyes. "But in all my endeavors in the virtual world, or the real one for that matter, I have only met one person as intriguing as you." His thoughts drifted to his former girlfriend, the memory of her betrayal still fresh in his mind. He returned focus to Shaya. "But she's gone now. And I'll never see her again." He said quietly to himself as he took another bit of his apple.

Angel's eyes got cloudy as he remembered the message from his Info Broker, Spirit. Spirit was actually Angel's wicked smart sister in the real world. She had implanted a network device into his Nerve Gear Rig so that they could communicate with each other while Angel was in a game, allowing Spirit to give him out-of-game advice and help. This also allowed Angel to have communications with the outside world so that he could keep up with current affairs. He had learned about the incident a few days ago.

"It's fine. I need to talk about it anyways." He looked at her and it was visible that he was getting teary eyed. "In the real world, I had a girlfriend named Caroline. In the gaming world, she was known as WindChaser. Anyways, I learned that while I was stuck in here, she had," He choked on the words. "Moved on." His throat was burning even though he tried to hide it as best he could. "We'd been together for a year and a half with no problems. Then, I'm out of the picture for a few months, and she gives up on me." He blinked a few times a a few tears rolled down his cheeks. But he wiped them away and tried to return his voice to it's normal tone. "But I'm fine now. Everything's alright." He returned his attention to Shaya, attempting to maintain a collected composure.

Shaya notices he started to sound differently and looked over, he was crying, there was no doubt. She stumbles as she drops her food and trips rushing over to him, hugging him tightly. Hey, hey, hey, it's ok not everyone's perfect... you couldn't have known she would do that. She says in a very soft mother-like voice. I'm sure if she was perfect for you she would have waited, and you know what that means? It means your one break up closer to finding your true love. She smiled warmly hoping to make him feel better.

As she rushed over to him, Angel was surprised. What surprised him more was how quickly she had comforted him. She had a kind, gentle voice that eased him quickly. The tears had stopped flowing and he was feeling instantly better. He reached one arm around her waist and hugged her slightly. "Thank you." He said after a long pause. His mind was still a little cloudy but he was feeling better just by having her near him. It was as if the demon inside had been removed completely. "You know," He said with a slight chuckle. "In a weird way, you remind me of my friend Jessica. She would always comfort me whenever I failed at something or messed up. I'm not really a cry baby, but when something affects me, it really affects me." he said as he sniffed and unconsciously hugged her a little tighter.

Angel's heart had started beating faster. He felt her words hit him like a gust of wind. Her body was close to his, her breath smelling of fresh fruit. Angel slowly brought his other hand and lightly gripped Shaya's hand. "You know, this is happening quite fast. We barely even know each other." He said quietly, almost regretting even saying it. His chivalrous nature was taking a little control. He didn't want things to move this fast, but then again, his mind and body was starting to slip and wanted Shaya to stay with him longer.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" His brain scolded him as he sat there, Shaya moving away from him. "Why did you do that?!" His mind continued to shout at him as he quietly said, "Sorry." It was all he could say. He looked down and saw the half eaten apple resting on the ground. He picked it up and sighed, throwing it into the woods near them. Then he looked back at Shaya. He didn't have a lot of experience talking to girls, granted he had somehow managed to have a girlfriend at one point. His actions usually did the talking for him. But they were in the middle of a picnic and he didn't want to ruin that by going off and killing some monster. Granted that would have been more comfortable than just sitting with the massive elephant in the room. "So, what's your name? If I may ask?" He asked, remembering that he didn't know her real name. Then again, she didn't know his either.

She looked at him and brightened up a little, My real name is Sunsetta, Sunsetta Lunas. She tried explaining her name to him, I was named after the sun, and my family name was after the moon. My parents said they named me like that so they could see me rise and set safely every day. She looks at Angel with a puzzled, What about you Angel isn't your real name is it?

Angel smiled. "No, Angel is just a screen name and a title. My real name's Kyle. Kyle Addison." He grins and looks over the lake. "I chose the name Angel because my parent's would always joke about how there was a Guardian Angel watching over me. See, I'm kind of a daredevil whenever the moment calls for it. I have yet to suffer any serious injuries when I should have died. Because of that, people keep calling me an Angel." He looks back at her. "It may also have something to do with my protective nature. I've always been the over protective big-brother figure." It was true. In every game he had played, he had always played as the Tank and charged into danger head first at the sake of others. "I tend to put others before myself most of the time." He says with a small twinkle in his eye.

Angel smiled. Thank god, an easy question. He said to himself. With a confident smile he says, "The Falcon. I've always admired flight. It's just, such a great feeling to fly through the air and feel the wind blowing through your hair and," He suddenly get an idea and with a smile says, "I think I'd be better to show you." He says as he suddenly takes her by the waist and lifts her onto his back so that she's ridding piggyback. "Hold on." He said with a grin and then he jumped into the air, grabbing onto the tree and climbing up, making sure to support both Shaya and himself at the same time. In little to no time, he had climbed to the top. As he broke the leaves above, he saw the beautiful blue sky and the white clouds blowing by. He smiled as the wind blew by him, cooling him off. "You feel that?" He asked. "Feel the wind and the cool breeze? That's why I like the Falcon. I actually envy birds because they get to do this whenever they want. Do you ever feel that way?"

Shaya wobble around all the way up the tree, she was nervous but she kept her composure. I feel like that all the time. If only I could feel like this all the time. She spread her arms out as if she was flying, I can understand why your favorite animals is the falcon. They can do this any time they want, their freedom is only limited to the fatigue of their wings. She arches her back so she can look down at Angel, Hey could we go down though I'm a little afraid of heights.