[PP-F1] A Nice Picnic (Shaya)

Angel managed to produce a small smile. "I'd love to, but I can't summon Lucifer again unless it's an emergency. See, we kind of have this contract and part of that is I can only summon him once a day for recreational matters; rides count as recreational. So, maybe we can just go back to the tree?" He suggested. He would love to go for another ride with Shaya, but he had written the contract himself according to Lucifer's various conditions for joining him as a Familiar. Angel took Shaya's hand gently and started leading her towards their picnic spot. "So, how'd my first impression go?" He asked, the same small smile still on his lips.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She looed up at Angel, She was able to smile normally now, I think you did good. You made me feel like I was a princess she grabbed his hand tightly and wrapped it ovr her shoulder, How did I do? I hope I wasn't too much trouble. Being a cry baby and all. She blushed, You were sweet, letting me ride Lucifer and all. So they continued on the long journy back to their blanket under the tree.

Angel smiled. "That's always a good sign. I'm glad you fell that way." He said as Shaya wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "You did good as well. You showed that you had an open mind. You also showed that some bravery rests inside. Not a lot of people can see Lucifer and react like you did. That takes guts." He pointed out as the entered the forest. "Lucifer may seem like a scary monster, granted he is one, but he's really a good guy, er, horse. If you want, once we pack everything up we could head to the second floor. I've got a shop there. That's where Lucifer and I live basically. I'm saving up for a house once I get to the 10th floor." His mind began to wander upon thinking about his future plans. "Maybe I could get a nice quiet place out in the country, if there is such a place. I need somewhere where Lucifer can run around and hunt in peace. It could be a stretch to find a cheap place though. People would probably [censored] up all the good places before I got there anyways." He was rambling now.

Angel heard her say "Let's" and his mind froze. What did she mean by that? He thought. But he quickly shook the thought away. Don't screw things up again by asking questions! His mind shouted at him. So instead, he changed the subject. "What do you plan to do? For the future I mean?" he asked as they continued to the blanket.

Angel sighed. The word 'years' stabbed into him like a knife. He wasn't planning on spending a year in this world. Unfortunately, he knew that it was a reality he'd have to face. He couldn't beat this game by himself, not anytime soon anyways. But the fact that he'd spend years trying to win was a harsh topic for Angel. "I'm not quite sure. I suppose I'll keep fighting. If I could, I'd like to open a little restaurant on the 4th floor and cook delicious meals for people. Unfortunately, I can't change my profession from a blacksmith to a chef." He lowered his gaze to the ground but then looked back up, the lake and blanket coming into view. "Look, we're almost there."

You know I may be able to become a chef, and live that dream out for you. You could cook it for me and I can say I made it. She said jokingly. I probably could never be as good as you though. They near the blanket with it now turning from evening to dusk. We better hurry, I don't even know what comes out at night around here, and I'm here all the time. She starts to pack up the food.

Angel starts to gather up everything else and puts it into the basket, no words escaping his lips; not for lack of conversation, but for listening purposes. His <> Skill wasn't that high but it was enough to hear if any danger was approaching. Monsters tend to make a lot of noise when they're trying to sneak up on people. He quickly finished and got everything together. "Come on, we should hurry." He told Shaya as he began to lead her along, knowing full well what rested in these woods. He had played the beta, he knew what to expect. His guard was visible as he maneuvered Shaya and himself through the forest floor, various noises heard in the treetops and bushes near them. "Just keep moving until we're onto the open ground alright?" he told her quietly.

Shaya quickly gathered the food and blanket with Angel, soon trying to keep up with him in the dark. She hears some branches being stepped on in the distance and ignores them keeping her eyes forward. They near the end of the forest when Shaya finally speaks. We're almost there. Looks like we'll be fine, not that I doubted our chances. They finish running through the maze of trees and make it to open ground hearing a large growl behind them. What was that?!?

Angel hears the growling and quickly turns his body around, shield snapping into his left hand. He used his right hand to guild Shaya behind him. There wasn't enough light for him to clearly see what he was going up against but he didn't care. As long as Shaya didn't get hurt, he didn't care what he was fighting. He was tempted to call Lucifer and get her out of there but he wasn't sure if it was an emergency because he wasn't in danger yet. He drew his sword and slowed down his breathing, letting his training take over. "Stay behind me." He told Shaya quietly, his shield held at his chest and sword pointed back in his normal stance.

No way I'm not gonna let you die I'm in this too! She pulls out her sword from behind her and stands arm length away from Angel. Though even when using her <> skill she couldn't see what was coming. Shaya started to step back, C'mon Angel, we can't just stand here waiting for it. Let's make like my friend Nick when he sees the cops and run like hell!

Angel began to back up, the growling noise getting louder. "That sounds like a reasonable option." he said. Then he suddenly unequips both his shield and sword and turns. He scoops up Shaya, carrying her in both arms. Then he takes off towards town, his <> Skill activating and leaving a trail of blue light behind him. His focus was strictly on getting both of them out of harms way and into the safezone. Come on, faster. You've got to run faster! He yelled in his head as he pushed his body to increase his speed.

She unequips her sword as soon as he takes off picking her up in the process. Looking into the distance of almost blinding wind, they could see the lights of a town. Shaya holds on to Angel tight with her arms wrapped around his shoulders. Come on Angel we can make it! She yelled at him trying to motivate him to continue. Looking far behind just now emerging from the trees was the monster they had heard. She didn't dare look for a second and just closed her eyes, holding tightly to Angel.

Angel continued charging forward. He heard the monster behind him and he knew that it was gaining. He didn't look back as he knew it would hinder his speed but he also knew that if he didn't do something that they'd be caught. His heart was pounding and his adrenaline was pumping. He was too far away from the city and the monster was gaining. He only had one option. "Lucifer!" He shouted and suddenly the barrage of blue lights erupted in front of him. As he passed it, he heard Lucifer's demonic voice in his head. "I shall take care of it Master." Then he felt the intense heat of Lucifer's Hell Fire Burst behind him and an angered growl from the monster chasing them. Angel didn't stop to see what was happening as he neared the safezone of the Town of Beginnings.

Shaya looked back after she heard Angel call for Lucifer. She saw Lucifer outrun the monster distracting it from them. She sighed deeply, Thank god Lucifer's so fast. She looked back at he town and at Angel, they were almost there. He looked tired and out of breath, The monsters gone Angel you don't have to carry me anymore. She said with a soft voice.

Angel was breathing hard and his adrenaline was wearing off, causing his body to submit to fatigue. But he didn't stop running. He wouldn't stop moving until he was sure Shaya was safe. "Not until we get into the safe zone." He said through breaths. He wasn't ready to stop until they were safe. He continued towards the city until he crossed into the city's borders and they were in the safezone. Something inside of him told him that Lucifer had returned to the second floor, his job completed. Angel started to slow down and then came to a stop, leaning against a wall and breathing deeply and in a controlled manner. His arms weren't tired so he actually seemed to forget that he was carrying Shaya. "Are you ok?" He asked her.

Yeah, I'm fine. Are you ok? You look a little lightheaded. She stared at him panting for air. She felt bad making him carry her all that way and not pulling any of her own weight. I'm sorry Angel... You shouldn't have had to carry me all that way and risk your life. She hopped out of Angels arms and hugged him tightly, starting to let tears flow on his back. We almost died, and it was my fault... I'm so sorry.

Angel managed a goofy smile, even though he was a little short on oxygen at the moment. He hugged her back. "Don't you worry about me. It was a good work out." He laughed. Then he felt her tears again and heard her apology. "I'll be fine as long as the people I care about are safe from harm." He said almost like a whisper, his mind refocusing and his breathing beginning to return to normal. He managed a smile. "Come on, it's alright. I get into life threatening trouble all the time. This isn't the first time, believe me."

His voice relived Shaya of her tears once again, wiping the tears from her eyes she said to him, I guess we should go check on Lucifer and see how he's doing. She pulls away from the hug, And on the way you can tell me what was more threatening than that. She manages to crack a smile, That was about the scariest thing I've seen so far, no doubt.