[PP-F1] A Nice Picnic (Shaya)

Angel smiled and gently took her hand. "If you're so interested, then I'll tell you." He lead her towards the teleport pad. Once they were on, he said, "Floor 2, Urbus." Instantly they were whisked away to the medieval design of the second floor and Angel's home floor. He lead her off the pad and towards his shop while telling her a story about on of his field boss fights. "There was this one time when I was exploring the mountains on this very floor. I was investigating a vague rumor about a special material called Living Stone. I actually teamed up with another player named Seldentar. With his help, we managed to find the resting place of the material. Not only did we find it, but we found a massive stone golem. It was a tough fight but, here I am." He said while he unlocked the shop and stepped inside.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaya looked surprised at Angel, Wow, I usually stay on the first floor out of trouble. I rarely fight as it is, but here you are fighting bosses. She steps in the building realizing it's not only a home, but a shop as well. It's really roomy in here. She says looking around at forged weapons and materials. So, what now? She remembers that she wanted to check on Lucifer. Lucifer! Where are you? she shouts in the what seemed empty building.

An angry sounded whinny is heard from the backroom as Shaya shouts for the Nightmare. "Master, you brought the female home with you?" He shouted telepathically at Angel. Angel managed a small smile. "Calm down, I thought you liked her." Lucifer snorted another angered burst of flames. "I said I approved of her, not that I liked her." He corrected Angel as the two players entered the back room. Lucifer was resting on a pile of ashes that was a bunch of hay at one point, but had ignited and burned up. Lucifer's crimson eyes instantly locked onto Shaya. "Why have you brought her here?" He demanded. Angel sighed. "She was concerned about you. She wanted to see if you were ok after fighting that thing in the forest." Lucifer never lifted his gaze. "As you can see, I am uninjured. Now take her away." The arrogance of the horse shone through. Angel lost his smile but he didn't say anything.

Umm... Is he ok he looks a little, I don't know, pissed. Did you call him at a bad time or something? She looked at Lucifer directly in the eyes treating his stare like a contest. I hope he isn't too mad, or else I might lose. Shaya's eyes start to water eventually making her blink. Aw, I thought I would win. She looks back at Angel smiling.

Seeing Shaya smile at him like that, it made his trademark grin return. "He's just a little tired. I think it would be best if we left him alone for the day. Come on, I know this great little diner just down the road if you'd care to join me." Then his eyes turned to the small clock that rested on the wall. It blinked the time, 10:08 P.M. "Then again, it is getting kinda late. What do you think?" He asked Shaya as he laid his arm across her shoulder and led her out of the back room and into the parlor of the shop. Lucifer seemed to accept this and closed his eyes for the night, his deep breathing heard from the front room. Angel smiled as he led Shaya out the front door and back onto the street where he took a seat on one of the various benches that lined the city's roads. "So, would you like to join me for dinner?" he asked her as the night life of Urbus came to life.

"It's called the Laughing Fairy. It's run by NPCs because I can't find a Player-Run food based shop anywhere. That's one of the reasons I thought it would be a good idea to be a cook. There's no competition!" He smiled as he lead Shaya down the street. The city of Urbus was transitioning over into the nightlife. Lights were coming on, various music was playing, and the town seemed more alive. Angel looked around at the beautiful scenery. The Middle Age was always something that fascinated Angel, especially the architecture. With all the colored lights and classical music playing, the whole thing seemed oddly, romantic. He looked over at Shaya. Her long, blonde hair seemed to catch all the colors and reflect them, like a rainbow. Her blue eyes glimmered in the light as she looked ahead, her mind elsewhere. Angel's smile slowly melted away as he came to a realization that, now that he thought about it, came out of nowhere. This girl is, beautiful! He thought to himself as he slowly held her hand. He could feel the warmth from her skin and it seemed to make his mind melt away as well. He continued walking, his body on autopilot as his brain disappeared completely.

Shaya looks over at Angel with excitement in her face. This place is so lively! I thought the streets would stay empty at night. She looks around at all the lights and listens to beautiful music being played. Hey, when we get finished at the diner do you have anything planned? If you don't I have something in mind. She looks away hoping he wouldn't see her blush.

Angel snapped back to reality. His face became red as he scratched the back of his head. "Nothing in particular comes to mind." He said as they came across the diner. It was a large, Italian looking restaurant with a large sign over it reading, Laughing Fairy Diner. A small pixie was painted on the sigh, in the middle of what appeared to be a ballerina twirl. He opened the door for Shaya as they walked in. The diner looked the same on the inside as the outside. Italian decor, candle light, and live violin playing made the entire atmosphere of the place seem calm and serene. Angel smiled before picking a table by the window and pulling out Shaya's chair for her. Then he sat across from her. "So, what did you have in mind?" he asked as the NPC brought them drinks.

Angel's face got a little crimson at her request, but then his entire face changed to a devilish grin and an intrigued look in his eye. "You certainly know how to get my attention. It sounds like fun." He commented while taking a drink. Just then their food arrived. Angel had ordered a steak with potatoes and steamed broccoli. Angel smiled. "So, now that we have a moment, I'd like to ask you something; did um, did you have a relationship in the real world?" He asked, the crimson color returning to his face as he asked. He hoped the light was just dim enough to hide this though.

As Shaya's food was placed in front of her Angel asked a question she hadn't heard once in SAO. She started to blush again just as it was starting to dim. I did, but he liked me for my looks, not my personality. So we broke up a few weeks before SAO came out. She takes a bite of the fancy salad place in front of her. I guess I already know about you...

His eyes drifted to the floor. He had kinda spilled his guts to this girl at an early time. But he smiled again. "Yeah, I guess you do." He said before taking a bite of his food. It tasted exactly like a real steak, the flavor flooding into his taste buds. He smiled even wider. "Dang that's good." He said with a grin after swallowing. "You know, I remember when they asked me to try out the food in the game in the Beta. All the food tasted the same and there was no flavor to be found. No amount of spices or dips could change it. The first steak I had, had tasted like white bread." He laughed as he remembered the horrible experience. Then he looked at the fire that danced on the candle on their table. He watched as the fire shifted back and forth as the wind moved the fire. "I guess a lot has changed since the Beta." He murmured quietly, almost to himself as his attention was totally on the fire.

Ummm.... Shaya mistook him looking at the candle for her chest, ...I'm up here. She said calmly as if that happened often, I suppose. I wasn't one of the lucky ones to test the game so I wouldn't really know. How were you so lucky as to test it? She said jealously. She started to finish her salad as she asked for the bill, I've got this one. She said with a smile.

Angel's face now turned completely red. He realized where his gaze had appeared to end and he quickly shook his hands and head. "No wait, I wasn't looking at them. I mean, they're quite nice who wouldn't want to look at them. No wait that's not what I mean! I, ah, umm, I'm sorry!?" He rambled as he tried to apologize, not realizing that she had asked him a question.

Angel cleared his throat, a glad that they had cleared that up. Then he shook his head. "I'm sorry, I can't let you do that. I wouldn't be a gentleman if I had you pick up the bill. Allow me." He said as he slid the bill towards his side of the table. Before she could protest, he payed the amount of Col listed and the bill disappeared. Then he smiled. "Now that that's done, I could have sworn that you asked me something else." He said with a slight smile.

Angel laughed. "I was a serious gamer before getting trapped in here. I got really interested in games at an early age because my dad was a game designer. I even developed my own series of games and earned some money that way. Using that money, I bought some Nerve Gear and supported my family. Then I started doing game reviews. I got really popular and companies began sending me games to beta test. After about a year of testing other games, I received an email from Kayaba himself. He asked me to Beta Test SAO and I accepted. The rest is history." He said as they exited the restaurant. As he lead Shaya towards the square, he heard her ask the question. He smiled. "My mom taught me. My dad wasn't home a lot so my mom taught me a lot of things. Anyway, it was high school Prom and I was a mess. I couldn't dance and I had no experience with girls at all. So my mom tutored me on the subject. She taught me all the dances that I would need and my father taught me how to be a gentleman. It was a success and I had a great time." He said, remembering the massive lessons he had to endure to get to where he was. They were near the middle of the city so they wouldn't have to walk far to get to the square.

I think your parents did a wonderful job. She paused for a minute, I didn't know my father since a few years ago. I did have a step-father but it's not the same... Did your parents ever have arguments, especially ones where the other stormed out? Thats what I had, along with 4 half siblings in a small house. As soon a I graduated high school I got out of there. And now here I am. Honestly I couldn't be happier... Right now. She didn't realize she rambled on until they were to the square.