[PP-F1] A Nice Picnic (Shaya)

Angel takes the opportunity to change into his own sleep gear. He unequipped his shirt and other accessories, leaving only his pants. He stretched his muscles which were sore from the day's tasks. He cracked his neck and walked over to the small bed in the back room that he slept in. It wasn't much but it was enough for him. He didn't need comfort to sleep in a world that tried to kill you. If he really needed a comfortable bed, then he'd pay for it in an inn. He sat on the edge of the bed and waited for Shaya to return.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaya came back into the room with tank-top and small shorts on. The shirt showed off a little bit of her stomach and she blushed trying to pull it down as far as it'll go. She sits on the bed close to Angel. I'm the guest here so I'll take the floor, besides you took care of the bill earlier, I need to repay you in some way. She looked around at the room, Hey when does Lucifer usually return? I don't want to be alarmed when he comes back.

He smiles and shakes his head. "Nonsense, you're my guest so you get the bed for tonight. As for repaying me, I'm sure you'll figure something out." He said with a wink at her before standing up and walking over to a spare cot he kept in the corner. As he stood, a fairly large scar was seen on his back, running from his shoulder to the top of his rib cage. It looked old and deep.

The cot was basically a tarp stretched over a metal frame. He set it up and placed a blanket over it, setting a pillow at the top. He remained standing as he opened his inventory to look for something more comfortable to sleep in.

If you say so, I don't know how to repay you though. She said as a dirty thought ran through her head. She fell back on the bed blushing and kicking her legs trying to calm down. After she did she saw Angel's back, Hey Angel where did that scar come from? She was alarmed since she hadn't seen it before. She examined it closely until he turned to her.

He froze in his tracks. He had forgotten that she could see it now. His eyes dropped to the floor, remembering the incident that had caused it. He slowly turned to face her. "Truthfully, it's been so long that I barely remember it. The entire ordeal is just a faint memory now, and yet thinking back to it, I understand that it made a huge impact on my life." He took her hands and sat her down next to him. "It was a long time ago. I was about 7 years old and I was in the car with my brother. We were going for a drive, when we um," The details suddenly came back to him and he got chocked up. "We got in an accident. A semi had T-Boned us and our car flipped. We rolled a few times before coming to a stop upside down. My seatbelt had kept me in place but I was still hurt pretty badly. My father was the same. He was unconscious and I started to panic. I unbuckled my seatbelt and landed on the ground. Unfortunately, I managed to land on a large shard of glass. I was completely paralyzed with pain as the rescue team came and got us out. They took my father and I to the ER and removed the glass. That's where the scar comes from." He said without making eye contact with Shaya. He didn't want to meet her eyes because they were getting teary. The memory of the pain was starting to affect him now, his scar actually starting to tingle with pain. "I'm sorry, I don't want you to see me like this." He said, attempting a smile.

She hugged him closely, speaking in that soft motherly tone as she did earlier that day, I'm sorry that happened... It must have been terrible. She looked down over his shoulder at the scar making sure her hand not dare touch it. I'm glad you were ok. She pulled away from the hug and put her hand on his cheek. Staring into his tear filled eyes she could almost see his past within them. But, your here with me now... And I won't let you feel any pain around me. She smiled at his noticing he tried to smile back, And don't force anything, you can let it all out around me.

All he could do was smile. He hadn't shared that story with anyone in years and here was Shaya, helping him through the memory. He nodded a little, understanding her words. "I'll try, but my past is something I like to keep in the past. I don't like to talk about it." He said while still attempting the smile. He got up from the cot and walked around the room, scratching his head. He ruffled his hair, trying to remember what else had happened to him. His lack of communication had led to him forgetting most of his pain and he was curious about what he had forgotten.

She watched him as he walked around the room scratching his head. She started to get under the covers and fought going to sleep in case Angel had anything else to say. As soon as her eyes closed she snapped them back open to see Angel standing in a different place in the room. She slowly nodded off to sleep holding her pillow as if it were a stuffed animal. As she slept she tossed and turned a little, and soon woke up panting for air. As if having a nightmare.

Even though it was late, Angel still couldn't get to sleep. Even though he had been through a lot today, he still couldn't get tired. He was to distracted with his past injuries and how they had occurred. After a few minutes of looking, he had found 3 more scars, not as big as the one on his back but just as old and deep. He wondered where they had come from. Angel heard the noise and turned to see her wake up startled and looking afraid. Something had gotten to her, that much was clear. He walked over to her and gently took her hand. "What happened? You have a bad dream?" He asked, showing concern.

She saw where she was as she gasped for air. She clenched Angels hand harder than she meant to. She looks at him answering almost silently, The ocean... She started to shiver thinking of her dream. A tear runs down her cheek, I couldn't swim. Why couldn't I swim? Her blood was pumping rapidly, I-I couldn't swim and I couldn't breath. She shakes her head thinking she was crazy.

Angel frowns. What could this mean? Why was she dreaming about drowning? He asked himself as he wrapped his around her, bringing her close to him. "Calm down, you're safe now." He told her quietly, trying to calm her down. "It's ok. I've got you." he said while managing a smile. He was happy, in a weird sort of way. He was happy for the distraction so that he didn't have to focus on his past again.

He nods, still holding her. For some reason, she seemed colder than usual. Angel kisses her forehead. "Yes, you're ok. It was just a dream." He felt her body heat and the fact that she was trembling. He closed his eyes and, somehow, started to get sleepy. He wasn't sure why, but the quietness and the calm atmosphere that he was trying to create for her, was actually affecting him.

Angel's mind began to drift as he started to dream. He thought to his life back in the real world. He found himself in the car with some of his friends who Angel didn't remember at first. They were driving and having a good time, but something was off. It was as if Angel was invisible. He was sitting in the passenger seat, but no one was talking to him or even acknowledged that he was there. He looked around and saw something out of the corner of his eye; it was his house. They stopped in front of his house and everyone piled out. As they headed to the door, the dream fell apart and switched over to a different scene; a hospital room. There he lay, unconscious and hooked up to some machines. His breathing was slow as the Nerve Gear rested on his head, keeping him alive. Angel stood there, not saying a word. It was weird, seeing himself in a hospital bed. He hated hospitals, but now here was one keeping him alive. Then the dream started to dissolve away until he was left in utter darkness.

While this was happening, his body was motionless and collected. But his heartbeat was racing, his eyes looked everywhere under the lids. Every now and then his foot or hand would twitch.

As Shaya slept she dreamt of her past. She was at her favorite club with her friends, she was dancing having a great time. The lights suddenly dimmed and she was in her prom dress. A path cleared and at the end stood Angel. She walked down the cleared path as Angel opened his arms, she jumped into his arms and he put her down after spinning her. He got down on one knee, she started to breath heavy as he spoke, "Sunsetta Lunas will you m-". The dream shattered as she woke up to the sunlight shining on her face. She rubbed her eyes after she stretched. She looked over at Angel, and chuckled to herself. It's too bad That was a dream.

As the light from the morning sun shone onto his face, Angel blinked awake. He breathed a sigh of relief, happy to be awake and out of the horrible dream. He remained still as he felt that his arm was completely asleep. He blinked a few more times and looked to his left. There lay Shaya. She looked like she too had just woken up. Angel managed a smile. "Well hello there. Did you sleep well?" He asked as he moved his arm back and sat up, stretching his shoulders and back. His body was a little sore but he was used to that. He yawned, cracking his neck as he did so.

Angel stood up and equipped an undershirt. "I slept well, thank you." he said, sounding both tired and as if something was bothering him. He walked to the middle of the room and began his morning routine. He got down and started doing push-ups. As he worked, he thought back to his dream. His friends were out living their lives and having fun, while he was stuck in a hospital bed. The part that bothered him the most, was the fact that his room was empty. No one was there to see him, no one had left anything like flowers or a card. It was just him, alone.

Lucifer didn't seem pleased with Shaya being there. "Master, please tell me you didn't, well, you know." Lucifer said with a bored expression, hinting at the cyber nasty. Angel scowled. "No, of course not. Why would you think that?" He asked as he reached 10 push-ups. Lucifer moved his shoulder's as if he were shrugging. "I'm just trying to put the pieces together. Imagine my surprise when I came in from the hunt and found you and the girl in the same bed together. Oh the situation was just to, delicious." He said, a little bit of his demonic side showing through. Angel reached 20 and got up. "Now there'll be none of that." He said at the Nightmare, silently warning him to back off. Angel wasn't a fan of Lucifer when he started to talk like that, but it was something he had clarified in the contract they had written up. He looked back at Shaya. "Lucifer's just a little surprised that you were here with me." Then he went onto the next thing on his list, pull ups. He reached up and grabbed one of the support beams that laced the ceiling of the building and started pulling himself up and down.

Shaya looked at Lucifer, Do you think he can get used to it? She saw the glare he gave Lucifer she thought to herself, Or perhaps not? She watched Angel perform his exercises, She got out of bed stretching again leaving her stomach completely vulnerable almost to her chest. She opens her inventory and changes into a more suitable shirt for the day. Leaving on her shorts, she peeked out from behind the doorway of the back room to the front window of the store. Watching people pass by. She looks back at Angel, Do they have coffee here in SAO?