[PP-F1] A Nice Picnic (Shaya)

Angel blushed a little, realizing that he hadn't even asked her before hoisting her into the tree. "Oh, I'm sorry. Oh course." He said hastily as he quickly descended the tree, Shaya still on his back. When they got back to the ground, he set her down on the blanket. "Sorry about that. I didn't even check to see if that was ok with you." He scratched the back of his head before realizing something. "Hey, I never asked what your favorite animal was. So, what is it?"

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wolf! She said quickly and proudly, Unlike the falcon, I prefer the ground, traveling in groups and the trust that they build is stronger than any other. She crossed her legs. They howl to bring each other together and will hunt things twice their size to bring food to their cubs. Although, I wouldn't really enjoy regurgitating my food for them. She makes a weird face to signify it was gross. But the fact that they bring each other together by howling is my favorite part, it's saying "I'm here and I don't care who knows" Shaya tucks her head inwards and lets out a loud, AAAAAARRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Laughing as she stops and falls to her back.

Angel was slightly taken back at the sudden howl. He didn't expect something that loud from someone her size. But once she started laughing, his heart commanded him to start laughing himself. It was a hearty laugh, almost like a young Santa Claus. "Dang girl, you've got a set of pipes you know that!" He said, reverting to his old self for a moment. He quickly corrected himself. "That came out of no where." He said in a more comfortable tone. He swallowed for a moment. Where did that come from? He asked himself. But his attention returned to Shaya in a moment, a small grin creeping onto his face. "As an animal lover, do you like horses?" He asked, raising his eyebrow slightly as he reached for a drink on the blanket.

Shaya got back up to her cross-legged sitting position, face brightens furthermore when she hears Angels question. Uh-huh! I love horses! I'd rather be a person riding one though. Have you ever ridden one? Shaya suddenly felt she was talking too much but she thought Angel wouldn't mind, When you have control of the reigns you feel like your in control of the world.

Angel smiled upon hearing this. "I have ridden a horse before. Quite recently actually. Believe it or not, my familiar is a horse. Well, he's a type of horse. He's a Nightmare; a demonic horse. He's really nice when you get to know him even though he is kind of arrogant and stubborn. But he's like me in his personality. He's chivalrous, intelligent, and cares for others." He sighed with a smile, remembering his admiration for his friend. Then he looked at Shaya with a mischievous smile. "Would you like to meet him?"

Angel's eyes shine as he stands up and opens his HUD. After looking through his character sheet, he finds the <> button. "Ready?" He asks. Then he presses the blue circle. A flurry of blue pixels erupted in front of Angel and when they died down, there stood Lucifer. The seven foot tall Nightmare looked proud as his crimson eyes pierced the darkness. His charcoal skin seemed to carry an eternal darkness with him. But by far the most prominent feature, were his blue flames that replaced his mane and tail. After fully appearing, the Nightmare snorted blue flames into the open air and his attention focused on Angel. "Greetings Master, why have you summoned me? I don't sense that you are in danger." Angel smiled and motioned over to Shaya. "Lucifer, I'd like you to meet my friend Shaya. Shaya, this is Lucifer."

Lucifer's eyes instantly locked onto Shaya. "Ah, a female. How peculiar. Master, is the only reason you brought me here to inspect this, mortal?" He said as he started to circle Shaya like a shark circling a swimmer, looking her over. "She seem's adequate, competent, and I suppose lovely." He said after a few more circles, his red eyes boring holes into her. He finally made his way over to Angel. "I approve of her Master. She shall not be harmed by my flames unless commanded." He said with a fiery snort. Angel smiled. "That's good to hear." He told the Nightmare, remembering that Shaya couldn't understand what the demon was saying. "He likes you." He said quaintly. "Now," He said as he mounted the horse and reached his hand down to Shaya. "You ready to ride?"

As Angel carefully lifted her onto the horse and in front of him, the usually hot flames became cool to the touch. Being Lucifer's partner meant that Angel was always immune to his hellish flames. But Lucifer could also choose people at will to withstand his heat. His shoulder muscles tensed up as he adjusted himself to the extra weight. "She's light. That's good. It means I can maintain my speed." The Nightmare says with an almost visible grin. Then he begins to trot through the forest towards the open field. Once they had cleared the treeline, Lucifer looked back at the two of them. "Are you ready Master? I'm ready to go full speed." Angel leaned closer to Shaya, making sure that she wouldn't fall off. "Here we go." he told her quietly with a grin. Then he told Lucifer to take it slow at first. "As you command Master." Then he takes off at half speed across the field, the sun shining high above them.

Angel smiled. "It's really something you miss after too long isn't it?" When he felt Shaya lean back into him, he smiled a little bigger. He wrapped his left arm around her waist while maintaining a grip on the reins with his right hand. Lucifer seemed to sense this somehow and he picked up more speed. Angel had to hold on a little lighter to Shaya to keep her on the horse. The wind was picking up and the flames became room temperature, the warm air mixing with the cold fire. It would feel like riding a motorcycle at top speed. "How're you doing up there?" He asked above the wind.

He laughed. "Don't worry about me. I can see just fine. It's you I'm concerned about." He said as Lucifer started going even faster. Looking behind them, Angel saw flaming hoof prints appearing in the grass behind them. He's nearing top speed. He thought to himself as they started to climb a hill. With Lucifer's speed and angle, along with his flames, he must have looked like a rocket taking off. "Hold on now!" He warned Shaya as they neared the top. "Here it comes!" Then they reached the top of the hill. Using all of the strength in his back legs, Lucifer propelled himself upward and into the air. His hooves shot fire out the bottom in order to give him a little boost as they soared through the open air. It was almost like flying. Remembering her fear of heights, he quickly tells her, "Close your eyes; don't worry, I've got ya." He says as he lets go of the reins and holds her with both hands. Once he lets go of the reins, he dismissed Lucifer and the Nightmare disappeared back to the second floor to wait until Angel called on him again. He may have been tough, but he wouldn't have made it if he stuck the landing. Angel on the other hand, had his Fallen Angel Armor. While still holding tight to Shaya, he willed them to fall slowly using the armor's Feather Fall effect. "Keep your eyes closed and feel the wind. I've got you." He tells her quietly, knowing that if she panicked then she could wriggle out of his grip and fall.

Shaya did as she was told and closed her eyes. Then she felt Lucifer disappear form under her, she started to panic, she clenched up ready to hit the ground. But then she heard Angels voice once again "Keep your eyes closed and feel the wind. I've got you." She started to loosen up and not squirm around in the air. She trusted Angel, she knew she could. She held on to him tightly, as they started to ascend. She kept her eyes closed not knowing how long the fall was, hoping she wouldn't have to face the impact.

Both players were descending at a slow rate. It wasn't as slow as Angel had initially aimed for but he knew that he would have to adjust for the extra weight of another person. At the speed they were falling, it wouldn't take long to hit the ground, and when they did it wouldn't hurt to badly. The whole time they fell, Angel talked Shaya through it. "Everything's ok. We're going to be fine. I won't let you fall." He told her quietly as the wind rustled past them. "How are you doing?" He asked her as they got closer to the ground.

Shaya could feel the cold rushing wind race by them, she started to shiver as she whispered, I-I'm fine. Tears started to build up in her eyes she was so scared, she knew she wouldn't be hurt but just the fact that she was falling was enough to make her think she would be. The tears now rushing down her cheeks and onto Angel's chest which she had in the tightest grip possible. "Please don't let me hit the ground" she prayed to Angel in her head

Angel felt the tears on his chest and the fear in her voice. He suddenly felt bad. He had scared her enough to make her cry. He looked down and saw the ground coming up. "We're nearing the ground alright. It's almost over." He told her quietly as the pushed the armor to it's limit, making them almost stop in mid air as they reached 8 feet above the ground. Then they landed softly and quietly. Almost instantly he wrapped her up in a big bear hug. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." He said quietly, trying to reassure himself that he had made the right decision. He hadn't meant to scare her, just to show her why he loved flying so much.

Shaya wrapped both arms around Angel, tears rushing down her cheeks. I-It's okay, it was...fun. She said trying to bring her and Angel's spirits up. She looked up at Angel, trying to put a smile back on her face. I think I'm starting to get a h-hold of my fear. Though she knew she really wasn't it made her want to do it again. She rubbed hey eyes thinking she looked like a baby while doing it. You wanna go for another run? she finally said able to smile again.