[PP-F1] A Nice Picnic (Shaya)

Angel pulled himself up for the last time before dropping to the ground, landing with a thud. He sat down and started doing sit-ups. "Yeah, they've got everything here. Well, everything that you'd find in the real world." After a few more sit-ups, he got up and stretched, ready for the day. "If you want, we could go get some breakfast?" He said after equipping his casual wear; a pair of shoes, some fingerless gloves, and a black bandanna. He opened his inventory and took out some slabs of meat. He tossed the food to Lucifer who devoured it greedily. Angel managed a small smile as he walked over to Shaya, putting his arm around her as he did so. "I'll pay." He said with a grin.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He walked down the street with Shaya, looking at the town as it woke up around them. His eyes scanned the various shops and saw something that looked nice. It was a little diner called, The Flaming Barrel. He lead her inside and found them a table by the window. As they sat down, he looked at the NPC waiter and ordered an orange juice for himself. Then he looked out the window. Various players and NPCs wandered around, looking tired or well rested. Angel returned his attention to Shaya. "So, if I may ask, what did you dream about last night?" He asked, curious about what she had been through. He hoped it was brighter than his dream.

The first dream or the second? She remembered back to both dreams, shivering at one and wishing for the second. I do hope your asking for the first. That's a lot easier on me to explain. She looked around at the other NPC's and found it hard to believe they weren't real. They seemed just like the players as they moved around and interacted with each other.

Angel looked at her with a curious grin. "That raises more questions then it answers. Alright, how about the first one. Then, if you want, I'll tell you about mine." He said, his eyes getting cloudy and drifting to the table. He honestly didn't want to share with her but if she had the courage to share her nightmare with him, he would find the courage to tell her his.

She shuddered at the dream ...I dreamt, about a battle I had that related to me in the real world. She started to stare off into space seeing what happened in front of her. In the real world I fell off of a boat in the ocean, I remember myself blacking out. My last sight before blacking out was nothing... It was pure blue, I couldn't see the top of the water and definitely not the bottom... My friend Joseph jumped in and performed CPR on me, I was lucky to be alive. She started to tremble. Then there was that battle... She took a long pause breathing heavy...

Angel reached across the table and took her gently took her hand. "It's ok. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." He told her as the NPC brought their drinks. Angel thanked him and set the drink aside. After quickly ordering some breakfast, he looked back at Shaya. "Listen, you know you can tell me anything. I'm here for you." He told her, trying to sound comforting. He had been through some traumatic experiences himself and he knew how they could effect someone. He smiled, trying to cheer her up. "You can trust me."

His words seemed to help as she began to speak again, Th-the Mirrored Mirage... That was the monster I fought. She began to tremble in fear, It was huge, I-I didn't knowhow strong it was, and my friend couldn't save me. She felt her body temperature start to drop, And it j-just held me there under the water. It's face just smiling at me as I almost died... She was beginning to breath heavily again, she started talking to herself as if she was there, Help me, I don't want to die yet. No...no... She came back to her senses with herself hyperventilating, she clenched Angel's hand tightly trying to get her breathing under control..

Angel grabbed both of her hands and looked into her eyes. "Shaya, please calm down. You don't have to tell me anymore. I can see that this is bothering you." Then he got an idea. "Why don't I tell you about my dream? Would that be better?" He asked, his chest starting to tighten up at the sight of her pain. "Please, calm down." He said again.

His voice helped her get a hold of herself as her breathing started to slow down. It took a few minutes but Shaya finally calmed down to where she wasn't afraid. I guess I should've chosen the other dream huh? She looks at him trying to smile, I don't think I can say anymore about this, can you tell me of your dream? Anything seemed to be better than mine. She saw that their food arrived and she never realized it. She took a strip of bacon and bit into it.

Angel nodded and took a drink of his juice before starting. "It started out showing my friends in their car. They were driving around, having a good time and throwing jokes around. They seemed so happy and carefree. And then they passed my house. It seemed quiet and empty, like no one was home. Then the dream shifted to a hospital room." He got a little choked up but quickly cleared his throat and returned his voice to normal. "My hospital room. I was laying there, quiet and still. The Nerve Gear blinking on my head while various machines kept me alive. And you know what I found strange?" He said while taking a sip of his juice. "There was no one in there. I was the only person in the room. There were no cards, no flowers, no nothing. Just me and my machines." He said while hunching his shoulders and laying his head on the table. He sighed deeply. He was alone in the real world and he knew it. Sure he kept up communications with Spirit, but it wasn't enough.

Angel's mind went into overdrive, thinking about why he'd want to go back. To see his family? No, they were used to him being stuck in a game all the time. His friends? No, he had made new ones, better ones. What about his life? Angel smiled. "I'd like to stay here with you to Shaya. I'm in no hurry to get back. If the game gets beaten, the game gets beaten. But until then, I'd rather be here with you." He leaned over the table and kissed her. It wasn't a full on kiss, but one of those loving kisses that he would treasure forever. When he pulled away, he instantly felt better. He managed a smile. "My family can wait. You can't."

"What do you mean by, favorites? Is it a game or something or do you mean liking something over something else?" He asked, taking a bite of his breakfast. She had had his curiosity, but now she had his attention. If it was a game, then he was intent on learning. If it was just a general question, then he'd find an answer for it.

"I appreciate a good steak every now and then, but, if I had to pick my favorite food then I'd go with a nice chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream." He said with a grin. He loved cake beyond all other foods. The only problem was, good cake was expensive in this world. But he shook the thought away and returned his attention to Shaya. "Alright, my turn. What's your favorite, feature?" He said, a mischievous smile creeping onto his lips.

Feature? Like about a person? She thought to herself, she figured it could go 2 ways, physical and philosophical. Well physically I like tall people. She winked at him, And philosophically, I like passionate people. Like myself, I take great pride in what I do have and I cherish it. She noticed that Angel's question was a lot harder question to answer than hers. My turn, what was your favorite part of the real world? She began to lean on the table after pushing her food forward.