[PP-F4] Ice and Echos (Ruri)

Keith sat at an inn, tipping back in his chair as he tried to balance a spoon on his nose. After the crisis that had just passed, Keith was finally glad to get out of the mess. And not only that, but he had leaned something about the girl Ruri. Here he thought he was the only one in his family to get a NerveGear, but the girl he had been helping was none other than his younger sister. Keith had sent her a message, telling her to meet him at the inn. After months of fighting to survive, it was high time he got to see his sister again.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ruri

She teleported to floor three as she had received a message from apparently now her 'brother' she had just found out, the leader of her old guild. She walked upon the path of stones to try and find her destination she then realized that at the end of the PM there was an address she walked upon the stones seeing a NPC nearby, "Hey, where is this location?" She asked a bit rudely as she showed it the map... The NPC then pointed in the west direction of the town as Ruri traveled toward the direction... After a while of walking around the snowy location she found the INN she looked at the address to make sure as she entered the INN and saw Keith in the corner of the INN entrance. She walked toward the directing he was in, smiling up at him.

The spoon that Keith had been balancing on his nose fell off as his face lit up. He made a cheerful smile as she approached and he got up to greet her. "Hey there, sis! Glad you could make it!" He said, as he pulled her in for a hug. "So, wanna sit down and talk? Because we definitely got a lot of things to go over!" He said, wanting to know how his little sister has been faring in Aincrad.

"Yeah, I'm glad I didn't get lost and walked into oblivion of anything.." She said as she scratched the back of her head and smiled at him. "Sure we could talk if you like!" She smiled, again toward his direction as Kanya sat upon her lap. The dark blue wolf with the starred chest, started wagging her tail. Ruri pet her wolf smiling upon it. "So, I guess you never saw my familiar before, Kanya, this is Keith. Keith, this is Kanya." She introduced the two.

"Nice to meet you, Kanya!" Keith said with a smile, as he shook the pup's paw. Keith scratched her behind the ears and then looked back to Ruri. "But the reason I really called you here, is because I want to know how you've been doing. Is everything alright with you? And I'm also quite curious to know what it's been like for you since the game started."

Kanya suddenly wagged her wolf-like tail as Ruri heard Keith. "Well, Once I got started I started to level up like crazy... I met a few friends at the start-- nothing much..." She continued the story, "Then I met a boy named 'Dirgun', quickly I had loved him, but then.. as you remember Dae killed him.." She looked toward the ground finicking with her thumbs... As she looked back up at Keith and sighed... Tears started dripping down her face, onto the ground as she tried to cheer up, as she tried to smile and say "He is now in better place.." yet she couldn't bring her tongue to touch the words, as the tears had slowed down and she started to look at the bright side a bit more...

Keith looked down sadly to see her cry. He bit his lower lip as to what he should say next, but he was never very good with topics like this. But as an older brother, he had to at least try. "You shouldn't be sad about it. You got to know him at least, and that meant a lot to you. Dying is just a part of life, and once something dies, it breaths life into something new." Keith smiled and held Kanya up to Ruri, who made puppy eyes as she licked Ruri's tears. "See? Kanya doesn't like to see you sad either."

She tried to cheer up a bit.. "At least h-he was a bit happier as he died.." She said in her head as she giggled at Kanya and pet her head again... She started to sing one of her 'theme songs' (Song 2)... as she looked at Keith... as she finished. She sighed.. "I've got to cheer up.." She said in her head as suddenly, as if the sun had arisen over her head she started to be happier again...

Keith nodded with a smile as he ruffled Ruri's hair. "That's the spirit! Is there anything you want to drink, or eat, or both before we go? You must need something to warm you up from the weather, and I'm buyin!" He said happily, as he looked at the inn's shop menu.

Keith nodded and pressed the <> Item on the menu, which a waiter brought out and handed to Ruri. Keith then glanced out the window they were sitting by and he pointed to a large mountain, it's peak blocked by clouds. "That's where we're going, sis!" He said, as the mountain loomed with defiance against the skyline. "I heard about a monster up there that drops some sweet materials! And plus, it will help you out with practice.

She had been in the middle of swallowing a mouthful of the amazing sandwich as she saw the mountain Kaith had been talking about... "A-Amazing..." She said as she gazed at the faraway mountain in the distance from the smaller mountain in front of the village... She giggled at some NPC's crossing the first mountain as she looked at the farthest peek... she had been astonished of the cool mountain-type structures.

snowy-mountain.jpg

"Isn't it?" Keith said, as he looked to the mountain. It was definitely something to see, with snow covered slopes, and winds blowing all around it. "While my familiar could fly us up there, the winds are too fierce. And I don't want either of us to fall off a dragon, so we're gonna have to tackle this sucker on foot. I'm ready to go any time you are, sis!

Keith smiled and nodded, sending a party invite to her. "And away we go!" He said, as he opened the door for Ruri and went back out into the chill atmosphere of the floor. Keith started his way through the streets with Ruri as they made their way toward the mountain. "Be careful as we go, snow tends to get pretty deep farther away from town."

Keith, who hadn't even started to earn the skill, had hug himself while his teeth chattered. Yup, this is how things usually were. Keith running blindly into things while Ruri prepared for anything. Keith tried to stop shivering and then he tried to smile to Ruri. "R-R-Race y-you to the t-t-top!" He said, as he took a couple of steps before falling forward into the snow.

She sighed as she put her warm fuzzy coat from her inventory around Keith... "Your welcome, bro." She smiled at her big brother as she walked up a bit more and waited for him to walk up a few more steps, then walked back down to help him out of the snow... Kanya having the matching coat on as she walked up a bit farther...

Keith sniffed and gave a shaky smile to Ruri. "Th-Thanks, s-sis..." Suddenly, a message popped up and he looked at it, squinting to read it.

<> Sickness acquired.

All Skill efficiency has been dropped by 15%.

Keith sneezed and then groaned. "Th-This sucks..." He got another message, this time reading,

Warning.

<> Skill has been disabled. To re-gain this skill, you must return your <> Skill to it's respective set amount.

Keith sneezed again and followed Ruri. "Th-This is not going how I planned it to..."

"I-If you want to we can go back-- and get some warm cocoa." She told her brother who had a horrible cold. She took out a hot cocoa that she had from earlier she gave her brother one, since she had forgotten to give him one when he was in the INN. She felt sorry for him, and decided next time they had time together she would help him retrieve the skill of <>.