[PP-F4] Ice and Echos (Ruri)

Keith then gulped and looked to her again. "Ruri, now this is the most important part. Did the coffin had a face on it? A big, smiling, face? Did it look as though it was laughing?" Keith said, hoping that Ruri knew what exactly they could be potentially dealing with here.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ruri

"Laughing Coffin. The biggest, player killer guild known to Sword Art Online. Long ago, they killed my best friend. We we're both Maverick Hunters in the day, and one day he said we should try and take out a camp of Laughing Coffin members. They killed him, and they made me live with the fact of knowing I helped my own friend to his death. After that day, I became the biggest Maverick Hunter in the game, making sure nothing like that would happen again. And after all the Mavericks I've killed, they must be trying to strike against me again. They might be after you."

Keith nodded slowly, wondering if they could take them on. At this point in the game, it was possible that they could have reached a level higher than him. But the only person who had done that so far was Vile, the only Maverick to evade Keith. "Well, we could try. But how would we know where they're at?" Keith then remembered the room Ruri was tied up in, and then he knew where they could look. "Let's go back to the smiling man's room, I have a hunch."

As they kept on their way, they soon reached the house. Keith looked around as he held out a torch to lighten up the room. He looked to a wall, with pins tied by strings with pictures all over it. One had a picture of Laughing Coffin's emblem, another with a picture of Keith and Ruri, and then there was one with a man in sleek purple and black armor, a cross bow attached to his left shoulder and a black crow on his right. Vile. Keith shuddered at the psychopath in the last picture, remembering the fight they had. "We might need to get away from here, quickly." He said, as he backed up.

Keith looked back and saw... Nothing. Thankfully, no one had caught on to them yet. As Keith and Ruri kept going, he began to feel more and more paranoid, as though they were being followed. But there was still no one behind them... "Sis, where exactly are we going to?"

Keith felt a twinge of guilt for all this. Here he was, going out every day to the front lines and to fight Mavericks, and he left his little sister to worry. He slowed down and pulled her into a hug. "Sis, I'm not gonna die. I still have to take care of you, don't I? I will never leave you. That's a promise."

Keith thought, and then slowly nodded. "Sis, you're one tough little cookie. I know that no one will be able to ever bring you down. And if they even try to, they'll have to go through me." he said, smiling and hugging her again. "Now, you ready to take down some Mavericks?"

Keith nodded and walked out of the alley with Ruri close behind. Just as the storm cleared up, the whole city was finally visible. It seemed Bone-Chill had passed over the city and was all done. Keith looked around, noticing that it no longer felt like he was being watched. "Hey sis, is it just me, or... does it feel like we aren't being watched anymore?"

Keith then began to hear a noise, like a voice. But what was it saying? Wait up? It was saying it over and over, getting louder. And then Keith woke up in what seemed like an apothecary. "Hey kid! I've been trying to wake you up for ten minutes! I found you and your sister out in an alley. seems you two got a nasty case of Bone-Chill. Are you two alright?" Keith rubbed his eyes and looked around, seeing Ruri awake in another bed. "Was that... all a dream?"

Keith looked to Ruri and then looked around. "So... You know that whole conspiracy theory that we learned about the Mavericks, right? I wasn't just dreaming that?" The old man heard then and then added. "Well, Bone-Chill shows vision of what has been and what will be, you two are lucky to be alive. But if you saw things during your fever, then you two have a pretty good idea of things."