[F1-PP] First Lessons, one step at a time

Removing a small parcel from the front of the quest board in the town of beginning's reading the description carefully before the menu open with a flick of the wrist. Kasumi was sure this was the one she was after, the one that was a trivial quest to complete but yielded quite the rewards. As the wheel spun with a few upward swipes causing it to ascend, Kasumi finds the aptly titled quest on the boards roster and taps it causing a small audible beep as the bar lights and the whole screen vanishes. In tandem her HUD notifies her of its acceptance, a grin drawing on her face as the first step was complete in her taking it. Now she would just have to wait for the others to move to join her, when they were in the party she could use quest sharing to update them into it as well.

Spoiler

Kasumi, The Blossom:

Level: 9

HP: 180/180

EN: 18/18

Weapon: Master White Hand Wraps (T1/Perfect/Hand-Wrap) +3 Damage

Armor: White Red-Trimmed Gee (T1/Perfect/Light Armor) +3 Eva

Misc: Orange Hairband (T1/Perfect/Clothing): +3 Loot Dice

Damage: 8

Evasion: 3

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

Martial Arts Rank 2 (+4 Base Damage)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready:

Mugen Tenshin Decree (T1/Perfect/Clothing) +3 Acc

Edited by Kasumi
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure the reason she was tasked with this drabble, removing her from a more serious encounter. Setsuna was not amused in being paired with the rest without Raidou, she believed the lot of them useless and he was wasting his efforts. Her mind darting back to the quest she had taken with her friends, a bit of sorrow from the memory paired with the sheer bending of wills coming from the boy she now chose to follow. Raidou would be better served without them, she saw not their worth but vowed to follow his words for it was all she knew.

Finding the girl she was tasked to accompany, Setsuna reluctantly approaches in her hunting grounds. It was day, and she was only used to being here during the night and the daylight felt strangely unwelcoming to her lately. "I'm here, wheres the rest of the group?" Setsuna asked coldly, wanting to finish this sooner rather than later and remove herself from this endeavor.

Spoiler

Setsuna, Creature of the Mist:

Level: 5

HP: 100/100

EN: 10/10

Damage: 3

Evasion: 3

Accuracy: 1

Equipment:

Weapon: Devil's Tongue (T1/Rare) +1 Damage, +1 Accuracy

Armor: Web Retrieving Gloves (T1/Uncommon/Clothing) +1 Loot Dice

Misc: Silver Covetous Serpent (T1/Rare/Trinket) +2 Loot Dice

Skills:

1H Curved Sword: Rank 1

Disguise [Extra]: +1 Evasion until next turn, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

Cold Fabric Kunoichi Wear (T1/Perfect/LA) +3 Evasion

Edited by Setsuna

Popping his neck as he entered the gates of the starting village, his attempts at mining yielding little results today. Griswold was hoping to bolster his numbers and get a more stock readily available in his forge, but this quest he was to undertake with the others was a more pressing matter. Hefty metal steps along the tan stone underfoot brought him closer and closer to the tavern and in tandem, the quest board where he was supposed to meet the others. Moving up to meet them having spotted them easily given their smaller statures and more outlandish appearance Griswold announces himself "Hello, sorry If I was late, wheres the rowdy one at?" in a bellowing voice that seemed forced but was just an effect of being built like a boulder. Griswold adjusts his plating and takes to the large rounded fountain, placing his rear on its ring and awaits the last to show up.

Spoiler

Griswold, The Forgemaster

Level: 8

HP: 160/160

EN: 16/16

Weapon: Horadric Malus [Warhammer] (T1/Perfect) +3 Damage

Armor: Forgemaster's Rattlecage [Heavy] (T1/Rare) +2 Heavy Momentum

Misc: Silver Covetous Serpent (T1/Rare/Trinket): +2 Loot Dice

Damage: 5

Mitigation: 18

Heavy Momentum: +2 Damage on the first attack after missing.

Skills:

Warhammer Rank 1

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on Next Attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inv:

Steel Wall [Shield] (T1/Rare) +18 Damage Mitigation

Edited by Griswold

Late to the party as usual, partaking in a quick meal produced in his new shop Gaius could really get used to this kind of life. A meal of roasted boar flank and some green olives broken up along a small rod of wood, Gaius takes bites off it one at a time as he beats a path through the town of beginnings toward the quest board and the tavern he used to frequent. Players of green cursor a bit appalled at his manner of food consumption as he passed by them, but it bothered Gaius not for he took no interest in their preferences and was going to enjoy his meal his way. Finally reaching the town center it appeared to him that the others had gathered here before him, putting his hand out in front of him to stop them for interrupting his eating with conversation. Gaius seems to almost unhinge his jaw and jam the remainder into his gullet, retracting the bare stick with a hearty gulp. "Alright, lets get this crap moving along." Gaius exclaimed wanting to get back to cooking.

Spoiler

Gaius, The Sweeping Typhoon

Level: 8

HP: 160/160

EN: 16/16

Weapon: Dragoon's Keening [2HA.S.] (T1/Rare) +2 Accuracy

Armor: Dragoon's Plate [Heavy] (T1/Perfect) 1 Mitigation, 2 Heavy Momentum

Misc: Silver Covetous Serpent [Trinket] (T1/Rare) +2 Loot Dice

Damage: 5

Accuracy: +2

Mitigation: 9

Loot Dice: +2

Heavy Momentum: After a missed attack next following attack gains +2 Base Damage

Skills:

2H Assault Spear: Rank 2

Disguise [Extra]: +1 Eva this turn, Cool down 3 turns

Edited by Gaius

It seemed everyone was here, pointing and counting them up before the final tally pointing to herself. Everyone was present Kasumi assured before targeting them one by one and inviting each of them and after they all accepted the party invite she slides open her quest journal and taps the small button labeled 'Share Quest' to update their respective logs with the same task. Taking point Kasumi begins to trail off toward where the description was leading her, to a man named Zackariah within the walls of the city. After a short jaunt around some of the entrapping rings of the building's Kasumi finds her query.

An older gentleman of silver hair and a long beard hard at work scrawling on paper and swirling a bottle of liquid in a stream of sunlight finding its way through a window. Kasumi asks "What would you have us do, sir?" in her sweet tone, which he responds "Oh yes, you found my ledger then? Collect me 5 materials and bring them back and I'll teach you the basics of crafting." What the NPC wasn't aware of is that she and the guild had already skipped over this and went straight to the advanced lessons with owning their own shops.

A soft nod Kasumi accepts "Alright, we will be back shortly."

Hoping the others were close enough to get the precipice of what they were having to accomplish, Kasumi exits the city and gets to work letting the others catch up to where she was.

ID# 136623 results: Loot: 4+3, Failure!

Edited by Kasumi

Following behind, as the others found their way to them. Setsuna keeps in tow with Kasumi, keeping around the doorway pressed against the wall of the building as Kasumi enters. It seemed the man wanted them to find materials, and given that the quest claimed potions as a reward they must be herbs. Setsuna remembered the field where Raidou was showing her how to identify them. Leaving Kasumi to wrap things up here, she aimed to claim her own five materials not waiting for the rest to join her.

Finding a small patch of green, Setsuna carefully plucks one looking similar to the one Raidou had shown the girl previously and when added to her inventory catches the new tag in its description. It was labeled as a quest item, showing that materials they'd obtained before the completion of this quest would be considered as a step toward completing it.

ID# 136624 results: Loot: 18+3=21, Success!

1*T1 [Quest] Material Obtained!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 1

Edited by Setsuna

Keeping pace with Kasumi as she led the pack toward wherever they were intended to be, which came to a white wood building with a small incline of stairs leading to the door. Griswold listened in earnest to the quest description from a few steps behind Kasumi, waiting for the older gentleman to finish his conversation with Kasumi as Setsuna seemed to wander off without them. Not wanting to fight with the girl clad in light blue he let her leave, they would catch up with her in time. When Kasumi was ready to head on, Griswold followed behind to the exterior of the city. Finding his place near Setsuna, after breaching the outer walls managed to follow her actions in the patch of green foliage underfoot and retrieve a green plant labeled as a quest item alongside her with a response "So that's how you do it?" as the subtly of picking herbs eludes him.

ID# 136626 results: Loot: 20+2=22, Success!

Edited by Griswold

Mimicking the rest Gaius followed along in haste, wanting to return sooner than later given his sheer excitement of the shop he had attained. They came to some sort of building with tanned trim and white walls, inside some old coot tinkered with bottles and books. He started to give the typical NPC quest monologue upon which Gaius made it a note to mock him with a raised hand like a mouth copying his words. Pulling it behind his back as Kasumi turned Gaius looked to her with a grin as she heads out. Following behind Griswold's massive stature, they met with Setsuna already out doing the second part of this nonsense. With narrowed eyes, Gaius attempts to study what the others were doing, and with a stroke of beginners, luck seems to achieve a step forward with blind activity. Looking at the green plant in his mits, Gaius stares deeply into it wondering what it tastes like.

ID# 136723 results: Loot: 17+2, Success!

Edited by Gaius

Taking her place with the others, her orange hair flowing softly around her shoulders. Subtle winds tore across the emerald green grass and with it Kasumi's orange hair taken aloft. It appeared the others were right at home gathering pieces from the soil underneath them, Kasumi moving in just beside Setsuna and taking a careful inspection of what she was doing. Her hands seemed to mimic Raidou's which was noticeable as it stood out, Kasumi believed that maybe the girl was copying his methods before she remembered that Raidou had shown her once before what he was doing and more than likely the girl was recalling this information now given the situation. Shuffling around in the patch, Kasumi finds one in a silent reflection of what Setsuna had been doing and with a bit of effort manages to retract a piece of a green plant, tufts gracing its top for her own.

ID# 136837 results: Loot: 17+3=20, Success!

Edited by Kasumi

Moving to her side Kasumi joined Setsuna where she has knelt in the rough, overhanging a patch of dark green plants. A quick scan around her, it seemed as though the others had found their way to where she was. Maybe they weren't as useless as she pictured them to be. One by one each of them including the ravenous dog that was Gaius managed to retrieve a small plant the same as she had. Finding it peculiar that each of them looked to her, before claiming their own pieces confounded Setsuna. Maybe this was what Raidou intended, but she hardly believed he could have perceived any of the events that lead them here now could he? Setsuna tried to shift her attention back to what she was doing, but the events that unfolded followed with a slight intrigue of what Raidou may have planned and what was just circumstance driven remained unclear to her.

ID# 136838 results: Loot: 1+3=4, Failure!

Edited by Setsuna

With an enduring perusal of the plants that littered this small clearing devoid of monsters that painted the field around them, Griswold keeps sifting through them. It seemed bustling today, the grass littered with boars and the like respawning shortly after they vanish as players slaughtered them to attain wealth and items from their demise. It appeared fruitless to Griswold to so blindly banging against the system, without direction or intentions. Leaving these players to their devices in tedium aimless destruction, Griswold was glad he had a clear although vague path with steps given one at a time as they become relevant. Following Setsuna's example and continuing to shift his hands ineptly through the patch, despite his inexperience manages to pick another increasing his path to his goal one more step as it updates with the new counter with the acquisition of the quest material from the green under him.

ID# 136839 results: Loot: 19+2=21, Success!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Griswold

Gaius did what he was intended to and reluctantly worked the patch, there was much more he would rather be doing but grew tired of arguing. There was another reason he was doing this charade, finding himself interested in the path set before him and for what the boy in red had planned for him. He found himself allies in this game that made gaining his shop that he found he enjoyed much more than he initially perceived he would. Also, it seemed that the group, and by extension Raidou knew him well enough to prepare potions and the like for him to consume during his quest prior. How much ahead had Raidou planned, and where was the road he had set them upon to lead. Gaius wasn't one to dwell too much at the specifics of things, but he couldn't help but wonder at how deep the roots went.

ID# 136840 results: Loot: 15+2=17, Success!

Edited by Gaius

Pulling herself up from her stooped position with a small heave of her arms, Kasumi stood up. Leaving the others where they were, stretching her legs before taking paces away from them. While they were hard at work collecting a yield of the green, Kasumi aimed to seek out another location just in case this patch ran dry before they had attained everything they had needed to. Shuffling away from the pack, Kasumi made her way through shrubs and across rounded stones that littered the area. Combing the area Kasumi happens upon a few more comparable strips of the same greenish tufts. With each discovery, she takes her HUD open and makes a note of the coordinates of them one at a time. A backup plan was not a bad idea to have, and Kasumi expanding her skill set a bit aimed to keep the task simple through a bit of premeditation.

ID# 136841 results: Loot: 5+3=8, Failure!

Edited by Kasumi

The others were creating a ring around her as they equally tried to pull away at the materials from the line of items that graced the turfs surface, Setsuna could not distance herself from a slight interest in how they were doing in their efforts. The idiotic hound that was Gaius seemed to be doing the best among them, in a streak of dumb luck. "I cannot believe I am doing this instead of hunting, I do not understand what you wish of me." Setsuna spoke to herself with the rhetorical notion seeking no answer. "It is simple, you just look for the gold glow on the tips of the leaves." Setsuna remarked in a response to Griswold, having just processed what he asked prior finally as her train of thought broke enough to allow the words to reach her ears. Setsuna's hands unknowingly fell still as she was concentrating more on what the others were doing then what she was.

ID# 136842 results: Loot: 4+3=7, Failure!

Edited by Setsuna

Griswold responded not sure what she meant by hunting, assuming she meant grinding monsters "I am also a bit confused about why we are only now doing this, why not sooner? We could probably have used the items it rewards earlier and now they may be pointless to carry." Griswold analyzed the journey they were undertaking, which seemed disjointed and sporadic in execution. A bit hesitant and torn in his confusion, as though the methods seemed strange and out of place Raidou had also seemingly trivialized something that would have surely killed them in the form of their gemini's. Elaborating on this Griswold replies to the girl while continuing to process what lay beneath him. "I believe his intentions have been made clear, and we shouldn't second guess them to critically before we have all the information. I could ask for more clarity, but it seems a moot point to waste the time and just leave my trust in that boy's actions."

ID# 136843 results: Loot: 18+2=20, Success!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 3

Edited by Griswold

"Well I hate it, I'd much rather be killing S***, this gathering crap is for the birds." Gaius expresses without tact as expected of him hopefully at this point to the others. A continued exclamation of his thoughts on the matter to Setsuna and Griswold: "Yeah I have to admit, my goose was cooked. The damn thing seemed to exploit my body and stun me quite a lot. If it wasn't for that glove I may have been dead." while he kept doing this task he could not stand to be performing but at least it wasn't a repeat of the apple incident and he was at least capable of finding ones that were acceptable. Retracting one for his mission, Gaius offered his input further "Well, I have never been one to think too hard on crap which I find pointless. The quickest way to end a problem is to kill it, why should I worry about the specifics when I can just leave it to him to brew those potions of his and just point me at what I should kill next."

ID# 136844 results: Loot: 9+2=11, Success!

Edited by Gaius

"I am glad you understand." Kasumi said with a word to Gaius still working the patch under her feet, retrieving another tuft of green from the earth. This one also had a quest tag, showing Kasumi that the group was on the right path. Looking to the rest, they seemed to have little issues doing the same. Surprised a bit at the capability of the more brutish among them being ahead of the curve. "I would be lead to believe that Raidou set us up to succeed this much simpler. I found that questioning his motives is foolish. He has his reasons, and though they may not always be clear they are good ones." She spoke sternly as she wrapped some of her orange locks around her ear. "You all do him an injustice in questioning him after all he's done. My cousin has only your best interests at heart, if you don't believe in that then why are you here?" Kasumi was a bit shaken at the notion, for she believed in his intentions why couldn't they.

ID# 136845 results: Loot: 14+3=17, Success!

Edited by Kasumi
  • 2 weeks later...

Setsuna's face became plastered with a frown, the words from Kasumi lit a fire in her belly. "Perhaps your right, but do not mistake my confusion for interest in denying his choices. The boy has been there for me when I needed it, I do not care about the reasons behind his orders for I will follow them. If should lead me to death so be it, but hopefully he sees that I am of more use to him alive." Setsuna spoke with fire on her tongue, it was painfully clear that she felt out of place with this grouping, she operated better in singularity. The boy asked her to do this with the party, so that's what she would do. No more and no less, she would follow the orders she had been given despite her discomforts. A continued purvey of the herbs underneath her yields another from the sections of green.

ID# 137626 results: Loot: 19+3=22, Success!

Edited by Setsuna

Griswold was taken aback as the little orange-haired girl started to berate him. It reminded him of his daughters fighting, in an adorable tussle between two sisters. Setsuna joined the fray and they were noticeably heated. "Relax you two, its nothing to get worked up over." Griswold said in attempts to break the tension in a ceasefire, it was clear these two may not see eye to eye but were both loyal for their own reasons to the guild they were now a part of. He would be hard-pressed to see either of these girls betraying him or the group, as both were oath-bound for different reasons. A hearty chuckle from Griswold poured from his gullet as he retracted another green herb who took a second or two from removal before bursting into data. Figures the result would begin to sour, gardening was not quite the task for a steelworker after all.

ID# 137627 results: Loot: 3+2=5, Failure!

Edited by Griswold

Gaius could not help but snicker at Kasumi who looked so flustered from the conversation "Woah Woah, hot stuff cool your jets. I didn't mean nothing by it, I just meant I suck at this is all." he voiced in attempts to disarm her, in her adorable puffed up rage. Gaius then felt a resonate sting on his face, and a burn-in his chest as a subtle reminder of where his words have found once before. Kasumi had proven herself, and if she believed in Raidou that was good enough for him. Well, that and the potions the guy seemed to be carried by the cart full around wasn't too shabby either. If he was supposed to gather plants, by damn he'd gather plants. Leaning down and snatching another up, the roots giving way after a heave of the strings in his arms it stays intact, reading back [Quest] on his HUD as the small counter on its right ticked one more upward.

ID# 137628 results: Loot: 18+2=20, Success!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 4

Edited by Gaius