[F1-PP] First Lessons, one step at a time

It seemed the girl had gotten her point across, even the other girl who seemed off to her seemed to trust Raidou. Kasumi began to deflate from her fury, taking a silent gaze back to the plants. She was falling behind, most likely due to her outburst that had her distracted. Adjusting her hair from her eyes and noticing she had trampled a couple under her feet in her rage. Kasumi began to tear up a bit and started to try and unbend the stock she had bent over underfoot, as her intentions were to set things straight not kill this poor thing for no good reason. But alas it was dead, slain by Kasumi's heel and she sunk her head in dismay at the fact. Trying to keep focused and move away from the murder, she turns her back to the plant and moves to another out of sight of this one.

ID# 137629 results: Loot: 7+3=10, Failure!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Kasumi
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping on track, able to split her attention between an argument with Kasumi and the task she had been given Setsuna notices another. "You lot need to get better, need to learn to focus. Your reckless and unrefined actions will get you killed here." Setsuna spoke with her eyes to the floor. Despite her size, the words felt like a lashing from a mother, hoping to strike them with a feeling of the gravity that was present in Aincrad. They were so fixated on these petty tasks, but soon they would come to an end, then there would be blood like a river. Setsuna knew this and hoped that the red that was spilled was their enemies and not the guilds own. "When you are told to gather, gather. I sure will, and then when I am told to kill. I will. I regret not standing with Raidou when you all were so keen on berating him."

ID# 137630 results: Loot: 20+3=23, Success!

1*T1 [Quest] Material Obtained!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 3

Edited by Setsuna

"Maybe you're right little one. We need to start thinking toward the future, and how to stand on our own two feet. We cannot lean on the boy for everything. He's been more than giving, I think it is about time we returned the favor." Griswold spoke with heft in his chest, his voice bellowed with no goal to due so. "If I can help it, I'll stand with you all against danger. This blood you speak of will have to get past my shield first" he said with a tap of his wall, the panel of steel strapped to his arm. Griswold meant it, he vowed to be a part of this craziness and the least he could do is stick it out to the end. "Let's get this crap over with, I am sure there is more in store and we won't get that far if we spend too much time dallying in this nonsense."

ID# 137631 results: Loot: 9+2=11, Success!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 4

Edited by Griswold

Gaius did his best to keep his eye on the prize, but this gathering crap did not suit him. Digging around in this pile of crap, not seeing much of a difference between what was what. Looking at Setsuna and Griswold as they pulled free a couple that seemed to work, Gaius only needed one more piece. Taking a gambit Gaius just pulls one at random. At first, it seemed solid, holding up as he removed it. But then it soured into a red before bursting away to shards of data, Gaius was visibly annoyed at the thought he would have to continue playing farmer. "Well I have to give you guys props for this, this sucks hard. Do you guys enjoy this craziness?" Gaius asked with slight compliments and a taste of annoyance in his voice at the concept. His hands fell again, he was sure he could do this if he put his mind to it.

ID# 137632 results: Loot: 2+2=4, Failure!

Edited by Gaius

Kasumi managed upon another with a gleeful pull as it remained solid from the extraction. "Personally, I don't feel one way about it or another." Kasumi said as she shoved the quest material into her inventory in a flash of pink light, the counter updating accordingly as its added. "But its necessary, these small steps move us further down our journey even if the end is not in sight." Kasumi spoke with wisdom, hoping the ideal was not lost completely on Gaius. "Griswold I appreciate the notion, to be sure. I'll look to you when I need something to hide behind." she said with a smile on her mouth, a soft grin that was accented by the light from the sky. Setsuna looked equally concentrated to the floor, the girl was younger than her but felt easily older when she spoke. This same girl wasn't present at the founding of the guild. Kasumi wondered where she and Raidou had met.

ID# 137633 results: Loot: 14+3=17, Success!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 3

Edited by Kasumi

"I would much rather being improving my combat prowess, but if this is important I'll do it." Setsuna whispered under her breath, debating if she should continue this conversation as it proved as a distraction. Griswold said a few words upon which Setsuna replied "I will hold you to that, I hope that shield arm of yours is as strong as you think. I do not know what to expect from this game, I have seen some of what it has to offer and I am not impressed." It was honest although vague insight in her past, one that she wished to not dredge up here as they had a duty for one and for another it was none of their concern.

Setsuna found truth in the words Kasumi spoke and replied with: "Agreed, just taking steps no matter how small will eventually make quite the distance." as her eyes stayed peeled to the grass, her updating her tracker one more unit.

ID# 137634 results: Loot: 19+3=22, Success!

Edited by Setsuna

A silent kinship felt as though it was forming between them, Griswold acknowledged little Setsuna with a hearty laugh "Yeah you and me both. But the most we can do is be prepared for the worst and expect as such." Before he turned and spoke to Gaius "I fancy myself a smith, so of course I do something similar to this. I deal in metals though, so this plant picking alludes me." and last to Kasumi "Ill be at your back, so you can hide behind mine." This felt correct, even though it was such a trivial task it felt as though they were working toward overcoming an obstacle together. This feeling was nice, being part of a team and not being so overwhelming in this virtual world alone. A tear from the patch yields his final quest material as his quest updates to the next section. "I guess that's my last one, get a move on so we can finish this blasted mission."

ID# 137636 results: Loot: 17+2=19, Success!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 5 [Complete!]

Edited by Griswold

Dusting his hands for a moment before powering through his inhibitions, Gaius keeps on truckin' "Personally I enjoy wandering around and just doing crap. Even if it's not where I was intended to go, I never know what I'll find unless I look." Gaius said to the group, an earnest admittance from his own point of view as it was what he truly believed. The patch seemed to offer up nothing more than empty units of sickly materials that took to dust shortly after removal from the ground. It seemed as though Gaius's beginner's luck was running dry as he was not proficient enough to make an easy time of this job and it was obvious given his squelched temperments. Scratching the back of his head, and trying to keep it level enough to remain working on this mission they were on. Griswold finished his quest, further amplifying Gaius to complete his own.

ID# 137637 results: Loot: 7+2=9, Failure!

Edited by Gaius

"A smith huh, I am an artisan. I also work with metals like silver and gold." the blossom said trying to make small talk with her party, trying to get to know those she was traveling with and would surely be charged with in the future. It was good to get to know them if this was going to become the case, who knew what the future held. "You remember that quest we went on Gaius, we failed it. Given that it was on the first floor and there is supposed to 100 of these floors, I think we have our work cut out for us." At this moment Griswold retrieved his last piece, Kasumi not wanting to be the last to be gathering started working a bit more earnestly and yielded one more of her own. Elated at the success, she added this to the rest that graced her bag as only one remained and she was starting to get optimistic at the companies' chances at finishing this up in a timely fashion.

ID# 137638 results: Loot: 17+3=20, Success!

Edited by Kasumi

Retracting the final unit that she needed, with it a notification as to when the quest updated to its next stage on her HUD. "That is my last, finish up yours so we can get back sooner than later." Setsuna said as she clapped her hands together creating a small cloud of dirt that came loose from the impact. "A tailor..." The words were sour on her tongue because with the obtain of her profession came a balanced loss that overshadowed the success with turmoil. It would surely be of use now, but then it felt like a curse and she was still reluctant to craft using it. "100 floors of this prison, we have an arduous fight ahead of us" She spoke as her ice blue eyes found the sky as if looking up to attempt to see the floors above them to no prevail like the false blue above blocked the ability to see the others. 

ID# 137639 results: Loot: 18+3=21, Success!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 5 [Complete!]

Edited by Setsuna

Griswold stood and patted his knees, knocking the debris of dirt and grass that found itself wedged between the plates of his greaves loose. A slight clatter of the metal as he straightened out. "You guys wrap up here, I am going to take a look around. I am running low on metals so It would be nice to grab a few for the road." A slight pause before he finished off with a reassurance "I won't stray too far though, don't worry."

Leaving the troupe and passing through some brush Griswold took in the area, hoping that the canopy of trees here would be concealing something of value. A slight glimmer catches his attention, upon which he moves to inspect its source. Staring back at him from between a pair of oak columns is a dusty old box, wrapped in iron trim. Griswold shouted to the rest "I found some box, come check this out." waiting for another to come to aid in case it was dangerous.

Looking for Chest: ID# 137640 results: Loot: 20+2=22, Success!

Edited by Griswold

Gaius kept strong digging and shifting these little taunting heads of weeds that stared him down. He would not let these little gremlins best him, as he picked and pulled a few more that seemed to turn to dust the same as before. "This is annoying." Gaius remarked before he noticed one in the clumps of grass in his hands, it stayed behind and as he looked it over it vanished with it being added to his inventory. The quest chimes and updates, Gaius takes a grin and gives a thumbs up to Kasumi "Now its just on you, which is good because I have had just about enough of this crap."

It seemed the lot had finished up quite rapidly, all sharing their professions "You guys know, I am a cook remember. Getting pretty damn good at it too." Griswold took to the brush, a few moments later calling to the group. Gaius shouts back "Yeah I'm coming big guy." Moving up to meet him it was clearly a chest, like the one he had seen with Kasumi prior. "Hmm..."

ID# 137641 results: Loot: 13+2=15, Success!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 5 [Complete!]

Edited by Gaius

Kasumi took notice of Gaius who flashed her a gesture upon his final retrieval. She was the last, most likely due to her distraction earlier and did not want to be holding the others back from proceeding. Milling about in the field of green with the shift of a hand, Kasumi frantically searched through the tufts in earnest fervor. One reflects with a golden pattern as her hands pass over it, a subtle thought jumps through her mind like lightning.

This is it!

Grabbing hold of the piece and tearing away, the ground unearthing just a tad as the roots snapped from beneath it with a slight displacement of the soil around it. A hearty break of the network of cords that tied it to the earth, Kasumi flips the plant over in her hand. The HUD pops a little message to her eyes, the final piece as it reads back quest material before flashing a pink light and updating her quest accordingly.

ID# 137642 results: Loot: 8+3=11, Success!

Total [Quest] T1 Materials: 5 [Complete!]

Edited by Kasumi

Moving to meet the others who had seemed to find something in the brush in their impatience. Slinking in behind Gaius and Griswold who loomed over a box, a chest like the one she had found on her Earning a living quest. "It is trapped..." Setsuna exclaimed with her eyes catching a cable tendril that was visible on the right front corner where the lid would swing open. Unsheathing her blade and ushering the others back from it. Hooking the end of her blade to the cord, the glisten of the string as it found attachment to the curve of the blade she shifted quickly and with a snap of the cord a spring-loaded crossbow fires up from the container and fires where the pair would have been impaled had they stayed where they stand. "Now its clear, don't just open these things they are hardly ever what they appear to be." Setsuna took to the box and claimed its contents to add to the guild vault for everyone's sake.

ID# 137660 results: Loot: 16

150 Col

8*T1 materials

Perfect T1 shield 137660a

Rare consumable 137660b

Rare consumable 137660c

Edited by Setsuna

Being halted and moved back by the small child, she seemed to see something he did not. A small cord she wraps her blade around and tugs while moving away from the container. It breaks loose and fires a loaded weapon from within the box. Griswold gulps, this was his first encounter with such a box and would have surely been shot point-blank with the loaded bolt. A chuckle partial with nervousness he saw value in Setsuna's actions "Thanks, little one." Without argument, he left her to claim what was contained within it and headed back ushering the rest to follow in tow. "I am going to head back, let us finish this up and get to the hall. I am sure the leader is waiting."

Finding himself to the old man that offered the mission in the first place, Griswold was the first to return to Zackariah. "You've returned, you have the materials so we can get started?" The NPC asked as Griswold replied with a solid "Aye." The NPC began to produce some equipment before looking to Griswold "Let me show you how to brew some potions." 

Griswold spent some time attempting to do so but after a bit, he gets the hang of it and manages a decent brew that he hands to Zackariah with an outstretched hand. "You've done well." Offering Griswold a small parcel of potions for the road with a nod.

ID# 137661 results: Craft: 6, Success (Good)!

Edited by Griswold

Following behind Griswold which was easy to do given the man's stature, Leaving the box and its contents to Setsuna given she had earned what was within having saved him from becoming a skewer. Griswold was brewing potions upon Gaius's entry, Gaius thought to himself: OH here we go, this is going to end well. As he wrapped around the counter toward Zackariah and began to wait. After a ten or so minute span Griswold looked to have succeeded as the NPC handed him a small sack of some items with a salute. "Guess it's my turn then." Gaius remarked moving to the old man's side "Here you are, I hope you enjoy this crap because I sure didn't."

Zackariah takes the materials as Gaius offers them and leads him to the apparatus, Gaius begins to reluctantly follow the instruction as Griswold had. After a short stint of time, Gaius produces one that manages to succeed the requirements handing the item to Zackariah in the same fashion who hands him a similar appearance as the one offered to Griswold. "That is much more difficult than cooking, no thanks." Gaius remarks taking to Griswold's side with a chuckle to await the others.

ID# 137662 results: Craft: 6, Success (Good)!

Edited by Gaius

Kasumi looked to the others as they found their way out of the treeline, more than likely had dealt with whatever Griswold had found while she was finishing up her task. Setsuna would undoubtedly be able to catch up on her own, Kasumi assumed. Following behind the pair into the quest givers shop as the other two finish their respective jobs and seem to complete the quest they had been given, shared by Kasumi with a silent smile as things were going swimmingly. Gaius received his completion reward, leaving her next up. Approaching Zackariah with a soft smile she spoke "Here you are, Zackariah, I hope these are sufficient." who then responds "Yes these will do nicely, this way please."

The older gentleman leads her to the network of glass, to teach her to brew potions. Keeping her mind on every word as Zackariah begins to teach, she manages to produce a marvelous elixir who Zackariah looks elated upon receiving the bottle in his grasp. "Exactly my dear, that is amazing." he shouted as Kasumi responds "I owe it to your teaching, thank you, Zackariah." Handing her the reward and still intrigued at the girl's capability, Kasumi moves out of the way for the last party member to finish this task up.

ID# 137663 results: Craft: 10, Success (Perfect)!

Edited by Kasumi

Adding what remained into her bag and exiting the canopy as the others retract to leave her to do so, Setsuna begins to exit back to the turfed clearing to see Kasumi and the rest heading into the city. A whisper falls from her mouth "About time they showed some urgency." As she followed in behind them with haste. Entering shortly after Kasumi seemed to finish her own variant of the mission, the others taking varied posture on the back of the building out of the way. Rustling in her bag and producing the materials she had yielded from the earth and passing them to the NPC's hands he begins to speak who Setsuna disregards completely. "I have to brew potions then. Let's get started, I don't have time for this drabble." As she starts to turn dials and the like on this glassware before her.

ID# 137664 results: Craft: 1, Failure!

The first does not take, most likely due to her failure to listen to Zackariah's instructions. Setsuna reluctantly passes the black mixture to the older gentleman who tells her "No this one will not do unfortunately, you must refine the plant fully to a liquid before adding in the catalyst."

ID# 137665 results: Craft: 10, Success (Perfect)!

The instructions become clear to the child as she asks "Like this?" and the old man responds "Precisely", with a completed elixir she hands to him who in turn hands her a bag that mirrored the others. This was a lesson she would soon not forget, the power of listening to those who spoke to her, for she was impressionable. This was harder than she was lead to believe.

Edited by Setsuna

Griswold chuckles a bit as Setsuna fails the first given she wasn't paying attention to the NPC but the rest seemed to do alright as he had. A quick peer into the bag he had received that seemed littered with a collection of vials, of greens and reds that stared back at him. "Wonder what these do." Griswold remarked with a query to Gaius, making a mental note to check them over more closely after they found their way back to the guildhall. The task was not to difficult to complete, they all were about on equal footing it seemed. Griswold began to find his mind wondering if this was always the intention, not to have them complete such a trifle affair but instead to learn to work in tandem and support each other. Get to know each other more closely and become a team. Surely the boy wasn't that perceptive, Griswold thought unconvinced that the turbulence would have been predicted as such.

Gaius looks to Griswold as he speaks before an answer that was relevant came from him as he stood against the wall with crossed arms: "I don't really think it matters, what matters is we did it. And that we did it together. Clever, I think that was always the idea." Gaius said with a chuckle as he pulled himself from his leaning position and stretched a bit. Turning to the girls as Setsuna finished and received her party favor. "That's it then. Let's get hand this over and get back eh? I'll cook us up some grub, should be easy enough. It's been a pleasure gardening with you Griswold, let's do something less boring next time huh?"

Zackariah made a note to stop the group, asking each of them to deliver the parcel contained in the bag he had passed to them to Lyle, a local blacksmith within the walls of the city. Gaius was taken aback a bit being made an errand boy, but the group assured him it would be quick. "Sure old man, we can take your package to him I suppose," Gaius remarked reaching for the handle.

Gaius opened the door to the building, waiting for each of the others to head out ahead of him before closing the threshold behind them. The party made their way to Lyle a smith that had a similar appearance to Griswold although much more aged, a tall chiseled man upon which each player handed him the parcels they had received.

A chuckle bled from Lyle with the last handed into his hand, a surrounding of four players looking at him intently with the passing of each. "Thank ye! Zack never seems to have a lack of upstarts lend 'n 'Im a hand. Mind givin' me the same service?" The smith queried to the group, who took to looking at each other. This was a task for another time perhaps, as the day had left them spent.

Edited by Gaius