[PP/F1] The Second Lesson, Is Also Free

"Oh, really?" She clasped her hands together and observed the woman on the battlefield. She was clumsy, it showed in her movements, but she had drive and determination. Each time she fell down, she got back up and tried all over again. She remembered starting off with the boars. She'd gone delirious from hunger the first day she fought a boar. With some spare col, she convinced an old comrade to fire it up for her. Not a remarkable feast to be exact, but it was honest sustenance. Now with Kiluia's cooking prowess...

Haine never thought she could salivate looking at a live animal, imagining it as a piece of steak.

She was snapped out of her reverie as a boar's tusk collided against the red head's gut. Her rapier swung against a tree, evading the target. She all but stepped in to assist until she realized this was a good opportunity for the woman to train. She opted to cheer for her from the sidelines.

Edited by Haine
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The boar feels like this is all going according to his plans- dodging the attack, hitting his own- there was no way he was going to let this small girl kill him. Though the strong looking characters seemed scary, he felt like they would all be a sinch to take down after a few more strikes. He definitely had this in the bag. The boar goes in for a hit head-first. And hits her! Unfortunately, Vie gets away before he can continue damaging her from close-up.

The motivation from the two experienced players felt nice, the girl smiled despite feeling a bit disappointed in herself. She realized that this wasn't a moment she should allow to negatively affect her. The fact that they were right behind her just incase something bad happened helped the situation as well. Otherwise she might be frightened by the enemy, having been hit twice already which is quite the negative experience when you actually feel the pain. The redhead stared at her blade, feeling pride that she took down the two boars without much difficulty. 'Just one more...' she repeated to herself, smiling a little. She leaps towards the target with rapier in hand, assuring herself that it would be over soon. And she hits the mark! The boar limps around a bit with a large cross-section gash in his stomach. 'Just... a little more!'

Spoiler

Boar #3 attacks! ID# 159789 MD: 6, Hit! 3 DMG dealt

Vie attacks! [Rip Ravine] ID# 159790 BD: 7, Hit! Dealing (2) * 2, [4 DMG]

Players

Vie | HP: 71/80 | EN: 1/8 (regen 1) | DMG: 2

Enemies

[DEAD] Boar #1 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3
[DEAD] Boar #2 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3
Boar #3 | HP: 1/5 | DMG: 3

Boar #3 hits Vie
Vie hits Boar #3

Edited by Vie

The two were doing a dance of death. It was an interesting sight to behold as he was watching instead of participating. Eyes of Amber continued to watch her repeatedly. She got this. He watched as the duo began striking back and forth in their waves of combat against each other. “Its almost dead!” He cheered her on. It was indeed a good fight even if it was just a boar. This was the critical stage of a the beginning of ones life. Do you continue to kill and risk your life? Or do you become stagnant and be scared to go on. This was a trial for Vie herself dependent on her reasoning. He couldn’t weigh in on the subject.

Eyes looked over at Haine before fishing out a biscuit for her. He handed it to her and smiled. “Made with fresh this morning. I can feed ya’ll when this is done.” He pointed out before glancing back at the task at hand.

Haine admired Vie's resolve. Whenever the boars came to attack, she got back up and struck again. "Nice one, Vie!" She pumped her fist in the air. The remaining boar was on the vestiges of its health, pixelated blood dripping from the sword's gashes. Vie seemed tired, her chest heaving upon one heavy strike. "Yeah, finish it!" She wrapped her arms around her knees and pulled them closer. She accepted the biscuit from Kiluia and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, love." She held it up to her face and inhaled the buttery aroma. She bit into it and hummed in delight. She snapped off the other half and saved it for later, it would be a token of friendship for Vie. 

She hoped that Vie could befriend her, she carried a similar energy to her younger sister, she couldn't quite put a finger on it. With the absence of the girl, she found herself remembering the younger in little things, in little things people did that she liked to do. For a moment, her expression faltered and she clutched her coat. She used her long hair as a shield from the man beside her. He could not see her expression unless she looked at him.

The large gash makes the boar consider giving up completely and allowing the girl to make a feast of his corpse. Meanwhile his small animal brain began remembering how he had watched each and every single one of his friends die to similar attacks. This mob was filled to the brim with all sorts of emotions. Mostly a mixture of pure rage, sorrow, and determination. It picks itself up and snarls angrily moving it's terribly injured body towards the woman who had been responsible for these emotions he felt. He hit her, yet felt unhappy still. He wanted to make her pay, but with how puny and destroyed he was- it was like he could never win in a million years... Before the creature can quite escape Vie bends down and stabs him with her silver rapier, allowing the boar to finally rest. The boar watches in defeat as the redhead turns and talks to the more experienced players until it cannot any longer- becoming shards.

The girl reins triumphant! "Yatta!" Vie proclaims aloud while her smile beams, and then realization washes over her- Wait... Where was the last of the necessary quest loot? Her once upwards-turned grin drops into a frown. The girl sort of waddles over to Haine and hugs her, feeling comforted by the bluenette. "Haineeeeee I can't find the quest materiaallll," she whines until she's content and backs away after a few minutes. "Sorry... It was my first actual fight... I wasn't sure if I'd win. I don't know how further we might have to go to encounter more boars. I just got a little frightened... My apologies," The redhead spoke between sniffles and rubbing her tears away, trying to pick herself back up and gather her maturity again... She may have gotten a little too emotional. Oops.

Spoiler

Boar #3 attacks! ID# 159906 MD: 7, Hit! 3 DMG dealt

Vie attacks! ID# 159907 BD: 7, Hit! 2 DMG dealt

Players

Vie | HP: 68/80 | EN: 1/8 (regen 1(?)) | DMG: 2 (LD: 10, no boar tusk)

Enemies

[DEAD] Boar #1 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3
[DEAD] Boar #2 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3
[DEAD] Boar #3 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3

Boar #3 hits Vie
Vie hits Boar #3

Quest materials roll edit:

Spoiler

Looting Boar #3 ID# 162402, LD: 4 Fail

Edited by Vie

With the three boars gone down the drain, he gave a glance to Vie. “Two out of three is not a bad start. I think when I was earning a living, it took me like more than half a damn day to get the materials I needed.” He frowned at the memory but it was still fun with Freyd and Elora. It had been a good minute since he saw Elora. He wondered how she was. He’d have to remedy that situation but now wasn’t the time. “You should rest. Clear up your head and your energy to start fresh again.” He wasn’t concerned about her health. If need be, they could start another time again but she looked like she was still roaring to go.

“Did you want a drink?” He pulled out a bottled water from his inventory and extended a hand out to Vie. He didn’t want her to go thirsty. After all, she would be a new friend of theirs now.

The hug caught the bluenette off guard as she slowly brought her arms up to rest on the petite lady's back. She patted soothing circles over it. "It's alright! You did good. Don't be sad." She felt as if she were trying to cheer up her little sister, it was a bit deja vu. She cocked a brow at her train of thought. Really? Why was she so adorable? She gave off the vibe that she would want to protect and nurture, she instinctively couldn't help it. She refrained from going out, she did not want to scare off the lady. "Damn girl. That was your first fight? I'm impressed." She pulled away and rested her palms over the younger's shoulders. "Listen, you'll get better the more you practice, kay? Just give it some some and keep at it!"

She glanced and Kiluia and smiled softly. He was trying to cheer the new guild member up too. She hoped their support could be encouraging enough among all the doubt. 

"I don't think I'm dehydrated at the moment, do you mind if we find a better place to rest?" She asks a rhetorical question, not actually waiting for a reply. Vie moves a little further into the vast deciduous grove until there's some sort of clearing. The amount of vegetation and tree bark was hardly impeding their vision any longer, making this a prime spot for taking a load off to reduce any tension the group may be experiencing. Proceeding to take the two up on their offer of relaxing with them for a while, the girl sits upon a rather large nearby rock deeming it worthy of being perched upon. "Mind if I ask some questions?" The redhead found conversation relieving in comparison to analyzing her attempt at combat and everything she had done wrong. "What's the biggest baddest monster you've ever fought?" Vie inquires out of pure curiosity, sort of rocking back and forth like a child in anticipation of what tales they might tell. Potential follow-up questions surged through her mind.

They moved to a different spot. The spot was secluded from other travelers but in an open spot so that they could survey their surroundings. He laid flat on his back on the soft grass. The wind slightly touching their skin and the sun was out but blocked out slightly by leaves and branches. It was a good spot. Her question came to him and he thought for a moment. The memories flooded in of recent events. He looked over at Vie from where he was laying. “The Lich King.” He spoke to her. “That was the first time I actually felt terror. Raidou and Dracul were there with me. Made me feel a little better but I think the best part of the memory was when I found my first treasure chest. I wasn’t skilled as I am then but I didn’t crack it open. Could have been a mimic.”

He glanced over at Haine and waited for her response. He didn’t know if she was afraid of anything except spiders? But that was a natural fear. There wasn’t actually a spider in the game yet..

"Right, let's!" She noticed that Vie's breath was weary, it was uneven. Her energy was rock bottom, it due time for some rest. Haine followed along to an open field and plopped down on the grass, laying back to look up at the sky. It was beautiful, puffy white clouds dusted the horizon as they drifted by ever slowly. There was no threat to be found in the peaceful meadow then, the foes had yet to respawn. She hummed a quick tune, her mind wandering to fill the silence. The question Vie posed had her mind jogging.

Her mind traveled to spiders, those disgusting furry arachnids that hid in corners and taunted her childhood nightmares. Ever since the woman was a child, she had hated insects, insects of all kinds. She needn't think twice to answer. "Ugh, if spiders existed, probably that." She brushed stray strands of blue from her forehead and raised he hands up to emphasize her words. "But so far? This huuuge minotaur. Probably twenty times taller than me. Was kinda cool!" If she left out the part where she was screaming half the time, glorified deadweight in the name of a party member. That's what she got for entering a tricky quest as a newb.

As Kiluia went on, her eyes softened. He had not talked much of his struggles in the past, save for the fact that in some way, it effected him deeply. She didn't pry, she just knew he was working to overcome it day by day. She ran her fingers through his hair and turned to face him, an unspoken word of assurance in her gaze. She looked away and back to Vie.

"And tell us more about you."

While the girl sat listening attentively, she laid down her bent left leg on the surface of rock, meanwhile the other bent touching the air. Her right boot pressing flat against the rock purposefully preventing her from slipping and sliding like some sort of strange balancing act. "Oooh, sounds interesting!" Vie smiled, happy to learn more about the two and glad that they had spoken of themselves for a while taking the conversation out of her territory. When the bluenette posed a question to her it caught her off guard causing her to alter her position into an alternative that seemed more comfortable. Honestly any way of sitting felt a little strange and awkward on such a firm surface. She had barely used it when around others previously, she was cross-legged with her hand situated into a pondering orientation as if natural instinct to an irregularity. The redhead often used questions as a way to steer clear of having to converse too much, she had barely ever actually talked or considered talking about herself before.

Nonetheless, after a little while she comes up with a response, "Well, I was adopted and taken to a foreign environment. Adapting was quite difficult, classmates rejected friendship... I was just sort of a loner. The online world helped me develop some sort of social identity, but I have no real experience other than that. I'm sure it's not a very abnormal or interesting story in reality, but it's mine..." She rubbed the back of her head and smiled after her monologue, hoping that perhaps another question would once again help her get out of an awkward situation. "Sooo... What do you two enjoy doing in your free time? Were you friends before SAO? Was the reality of the game scary for you at first too? How did you initially cope?" The girl asked a series of questions, hoping this was enough so that she wouldn't have to continue it on her own entirely.

Hearing her story was quite a doozy. Being a foreign kid himself, he was able to understand the concept of not feeling welcomed at times. He didn’t have much time to wonder about her story and absorb it before being bombarded with a string of questions. He thought for a moment and then looked back at Vie and Haine back and forth. “Well to answer your questions in order, we go about with our familiars and I enjoy cooking. If its out in SAO, I prefer to visit the crepe shop they have. Its similar to what we have in the real world.” He side glanced Haine next. “Whelp. I was more like the hey I love you but can’t talk to you guy to Haine. I’ve known her since I was thirteen and she was eleven. I mean I knew of her. We didn’t directly talk til we saw each other in Japan and then finally here. We kinda just stuck with each other until I confessed. Was there a friendship? Yes in the game but other than that we kinda were like that odd couple in some random anime that said monologued in our heads but said only hey.”

That was the gist of his life. For the most part how he interpreted that mess. Then finally her next question was answered. “This game… is terrifying. It is terrifying alone. With luck, you should form friendships because dying alone here would be tragic. No one would know what happened to you. Its like being forgotten. I coped by fighting with Haine and finding new people to befriend, like you.”

It felt nice to know more about Vie. The revelation of her living outside of Japan invoked a sense of familiarity. She could relate to it somewhat, the struggle of trying to integrate into unfamiliar territory. Unceremoniously, Vie bombarded the couple with a string of questions. She didn't mind it at all, she was eager to share.  "I compose music! I'd like to be a performer someday once my music gets better." She leaned forward, her blue locks falling over her shoulders. She was about to explain how the couple met until Kiluia began. Her heart warmed at the memories of the past, she could never understand the man in his younger days. He was an enigma then, she was glad that fate had brought them together. In her eyes, there was no better match. "Couldn't have said it better," she chimed in with a soft giggle. "He's my player two."

She found an opportunity to speak and cleared her throat. "I was terrified of this world," she admitted, her smile falling slightly. "I hid for the longest time. When things stayed the same I had to get out there." She remembered the way she was, she had come so far from that. "If I wanted out, I would have to work for it. And to be honest..." she trailed off, swallowing,  "If it weren't for the help of others I wouldn't be here." She cleared her throat and looked up at Vie. "My best advice for you? You'll need company to survive this world. This guild is my family, we welcome you with open arms."

Edited by Haine

While the two responded to each of her questions, she made small remarks every-so-often in order to prevent being excluded from the conversation or being seen as uninterested. Each comment was something akin to "Oooh, being a performer? That sounds like something I'd like to try out. Sounds interesting!" As she listened attentively to each of their answers, she took note of the particularly the grim ones as they stood out to her. She felt bad for asking such a bleak question, and hadn't expected such a real response. It leaves her at an internal standstill involving how to continue the conversation in an light way rather than a dark depressing way. Choosing the honest route instead of sugarcoating her words her voice spoke both eloquently and seriously not tripping over words or having any room for misinterpretation, "I'm sorry about those last few questions. Sort of turned the discussion into a gloomy mess. I'm... glad I'm with you two. That you both have survived and have in fact prospered since your beginnings." The girl then dismounts the rock and walks towards the bluenette and her significant other, reaching out with both of her hands to thank both of them. "You two have my support. I'm glad that you found each other in this stupidly chaotic world. That you've each found someone who makes you so happy. It gives me some sort of hope that I'll find such a relationship myself some day." She smiles, her comment seeming to come from a sincere place. "I'm glad that I've chosen to be apart of Firm Anima. I hope I can be helpful to you two as well in the future," there's a certain fondness in her voice, she seems glad to be accompanied by such experienced players that are willing to help out. After a few moments pass, she changes the subject to the quest at hand. "Now that we've rested up a bit, shall we continue to snatch those materials and complete the quest?" Vie leaves the decision up to the two unsure what's best at this point.

[EN fully regenerated, HP fully regenerated.]

Edited by Vie

Hup!” He hopped up this feet and extended his hand over to Haine. A smile crossed his face as he helped her up. “Doom and gloom are always going to be there. Just depends on how you make the best out of a bad situation.” Easier said than done but it was the importance of the statement. “Firm Anima will always be the home for me to make life interesting. I plan on investing my future here since the beginning.” He looked over sliding a hand around Haine’s waist. “We want to extend our friendship out to you as well. We don’t want you to be alone in this world especially since you bonded with Haine so well. You’ll definitely find someone to you, Vie.” His voice soft and sincere.

Arm let go around her waist and he brushed off any left over dust or dirt that was attached to his clothing. A nod was given to her to accept the fact that he would continue looking over her until the boars yielded her what she wanted. “My suggestion to you is to fight them one at time. You already collected two. There isn’t a need for you to fight anymore than three. It’d take too long unless you want us to step in when the time comes?” He poised the question to her.

"It's quite alright!" Haine shook her head and waved her hands in dismissal. She admired Vie and her earnest disposition, her desire to understand her guild mates more. "I liked the questions. Made my mind jog a lil'." She chuckled and pointed at her temple. "You'll find the one for you when you least expect it, don't sweat it." She winked at Kiluia and accepted his hand, getting up to her feet. She turned to face the redhead. "We're glad to have ya Vie! We'll be here for each other." She leaned onto Kiluia's shoulder as his arm snaked around her waist. Time had passed by quicker than she expected, the woman's energy had been restored and she was invigorated to carry on. Haine pumped her fist in approval. "Yes, let's!" She pulled away and surveyed the near empty battlefield. There were but three dots upon the horizon if she squinted.

She let her love explain the ways of combat, she was never good at teaching without taking the reigns and doing most of the work unintentionally. She threw in a nod or two to appear relevant. "Mhm! Work up to it gradually."

As the white-haired male gives her advice, she ultimately listens to him when it comes to combat. "That's fine, I think I may be able to handle one of them if they're of similar strength," She had become more confident in her ability when it came to battle during the past attempt. "Thanks for backing me up, even when I don't particularly need it. It's comforting to know you two are behind me and are willing to help me out when I request it," Her genuine appreciation is followed by a rewarding smile before she turns and thinks about the thing at hand- combat. "Alright, just one more..." is what she mutters as she sort of crouches down beside an incline looking above the hill yet just out of sight of whatever mammal may wander past.

Finally- a wild boar grazing happens to be nearby. It appears to have its snout next to the ground sort of trying to dig something up. Vie stands up, but attempts to stealthily combat it quickly and swiftly- failing and tumbling down the hill of course. After her fall, the boar takes his first attack turn having the upperhand despite the fact that she was able to take a moment to get up and properly recover from the drop. The boar attempts to headbutt Vie, unfortunately moving off course and seemingly just running in some random direction it chose. Vie takes the opportunity to slice at the boar twice, taking two decently large chunks out of the creature's body.

Spoiler

Boar #4 attacks! ID# 161041 MD: 3, Miss!

Vie attacks! [Rip Ravine] ID# 161042 BD: 8, Hit! Dealing (2) * 2, [4 DMG]

Players

Vie | HP: 80/80 | EN: 7/8 (regen) | DMG: 2 (LD: 0)

Enemies

Boar #4 | HP: 1/5 | DMG: 3

Edited by Vie

And just like that, the battle started for the red-haired lass. The boar came and attacked her immediately. The good news was that she was prepared for it and struck back with her rapier. The bad news was that she wasn’t able to finish off the boar. Close! It was good form but could be better. Her movements were relatively fast into exchanging blows. He almost swung at the boar, but all his hand did was twitch slightly. He cleared his throat and spoke. “Almost! You almost got him! Keep at it!” The next strike would determine whether this would be the last of the boars if she had to go on.

The sun was starting to burn against his body and he frowned slightly. He stepped back into the shade and watched her from there. The fact that he could get burned here was pushing the attention to detail aspect. “We will be in the shade close by. We will be here to help you when you need it.”

"Yes, of course!" Haine could sense that the new guild member was warming up to the couple. She felt as if she'd accomplished her mission. Albeit the woman had known the new recruit for little time, she felt proud seeing the other improve in such short time. She needed the encouragement, the push to succeed. Vie had that zeal for battle which would be honed once she believed in herself. More and more, she had reminded her of her little sister. She wracked her mind to try and make sense of it, she figured it was the girl's personality. Her vivaciousness was infectious.

"Yep, we'll be waiting here! Go get em'!" She clapped excitedly and stood under the shade of a large tree. The gentle breeze kept them cool in this otherwise sweltering heat. To their side, the familiars were play fighting with each other. Pingu was attempting to establish dominance.

Quest materials roll edit:

Spoiler

Looting Boar #4 ID# 162411
LD: 11 Success

The encouragement from the sidelines again conjures up enthusiasm infectiously, a grin on her face. As she backs up in preparation for attack, she gets side tracked by watching the two audience members walk away... She remembers the battle at hand, but the boar is also not quite looking at her- rather the small familiars fighting on the sidelines. If it had any sort of consciousness, it was likely thinking about not going down alone, but instead taking some creature with it. It charges at the tiny creature- but instead of damaging it- Vie jumps in the way of its attempt at harming the familiar and takes a small amount of damage. Despite its power, it still felt painful. In confusion after his failed attack against the penguin, the boar collapses. This allows Vie to quickly pierce into its wound and put it out of its misery. As the corpse diminishes, the girl crouches down and attempts to look for the loot it may have dropped- nada. "Guuuysss, it doesn't look like this one had any loot either," she turns back to the group and begins traveling towards them with a frown and here brows furrowed in slight frustration at herself.

Spoiler

Boar #4 attacks! ID# 161408 MD: 10, Crit! 3 DMG dealt to Vie

Vie attacks! ID# 161409 BD: 9, Crit! (+1), 3 DMG dealt to Boar

Players

Vie | HP: 77/80 | EN: 7/8 (regen) | DMG: 2 (LD: 8, no drop)

Enemies

[DEAD] Boar #4 | HP: 0/5 | DMG: 3

Boar #4 crits Vie
Vie crits Boar #4

Edited by Vie