[PP - F10] To Valhalla!

Event

Spoiler

You begin your encounter on the banks of the Stygian River at dusk. An eerie fog has rolled in, making it difficult to see. As you reach the banks, you see a dim light out over the waters. It floats erratically, up and down, side to side. Eventually, a silhouette of a boat appears. It rows ever closer and closer. Before the light - and the boat - leap from the waters to reveal a larger craft. It glows with an ominous purple light, the wails of damned - drowned out by the waters - now carry far and loud upon the air. It beaches itself before you. The prow of the boat then descends, forming a ramp into its dark hold. Upon entering the boat, you notice that the hull isn’t made of wood or metal. It consists of a strange, chitinous material.

You make your way through the macabre hold - all the while spirits of the damned harass you. They fly past you, their spectral wails chilling to your very core. But, you push through and reach the top deck. Once there, a thunderous clap cracks through the air. You turn your head towards the noise only to see a massive giant descending the stairs from the helm. His mouth turns into a malicious sneer as he regards your presence aboard his ship. You look out over the waters to see that the shore is long gone.

“Welcome, mortals! To the Naglfar!”

Hrym
HP: 1000/1500/2000
DMG: 125/200/300
ACC: 3
EVA: 0
MIT: 25/50/75

Unshakable [Passive] - Hrym cannot be affected by any disabling effects. (stun, paralysis, etc)

Horn of Battle [Passive] - Every 2 turns, Hrym calls an allied Jötunn to his side. For every Jötunn that remains alive on Hrym’s turns, Hrym gains an extra attack. Summoned Jötunn do not attack, but cannot be attacked themselves.

Solidarity [Passive] - Final damage to Hrym is reduced by 50% so long as one Summoned Jötunn as alive.

Tortured Spirits - Players may use a post action to commune with the spirits trapped aboard the Naglfar. By using the natural LD value, players convince the corresponding number of spirits to attack summoned Jötunn. 20 Spirits attacking the Jötunn will slay it.

Rewards
2 SP
10,000 Col
Horn of Battle [Consumable] - Sound this horn to grant yourself and your party +2 increased energy regen for a single thread.
Spirit Shard - Proof you have slain a mighty foe. Combine three spirit shards to choose a reward at the end of the dungeon

Upon defeating Hrym, there’s no one to steer the Naglfar. You’re tossed about on the top deck as the ship becomes trapped in a whirlpool. As you descend lower into the maelstrom, you can make out a massive serpentine presence in the waters. You don’t have the time to consider what it might be as your vision darkens and you black out. You awake some time later in a land of fog. Still, you are harassed by the screams of spirits. This dead land you’ve awoken in feels like something out of a nightmare. But still, you press on. Eventually, you come to a large open chamber, directly opposite you is a throne. Sitting upon it is a beautiful woman, the right side of her face obfuscated by shadow. She greets you warmly, as if your presence here was a pleasant surprise.

Such warmth is short-lived, however. She leans forward, revealing the right half of her face. The skin is discolored, deformed. More corpse than woman. Hate-filled eyes bore straight into your soul. It quickly becomes clear that this being has no intention of helping you. In fact, quite the opposite.

Hel
HP: 750/1500/3000
DMG: 100/250/400
ACC: 3
EVA: 2
MIT: 10/30/50

Jailer of the Damned [Passive] - Hel begins the battle with three spectral soldiers - spirits that belong in Valhalla - chained up around her throne. So long as one soldier is bound, Hel will restore herself to full health upon reaching 50% or lower as a post action. Hel cannot be defeated so long as there are any bound soldiers.

To Valhalla - To free the soldiers, Players must distract Hel by forcing her to heal herself or by applying a disabling effect (stun, paralysis, freeze). Then, while distracted, they must roll a collective LD of 40 in order to free a soldier. After all soldiers are freed, Hel can no longer heal herself.

Rewards
3 SP
20,000 Col
Duality [Consumable] - Choose from the following:
+30 MIT, -3 DMG
+3 DMG, - 30 MIT
These are considered unique effects and thus stack with other buffs.
Spirit Shard - Proof you have slain a mighty foe. Combine three spirit shards to choose a reward at the end of the dungeon

Upon defeating Hel, she returns to her throne. Whatever sudden violent outburst that had inspired her to attack you is now gone. She looks grateful to you, but before you can ask her how to return from where you came, a brilliant rainbow-colored light engulfs you. You feel yourself whisked away, your body traveling at breakneck speeds through the ether. Soon, you feel firm ground beneath your feet. You look up at a one-eyed man towering above you. On his shoulders are perched two ravens. He regards you with a nod.

“I am Odin. You have freed my warriors from foul Niflheim. I am in your debt. I would send you home, but before I do, I have a matter that you might aid me with.”

Odin brings you to a dark chamber deep under the surface of Asgard. Before you rests a hulking behemoth of a wolf. Though, perhaps “hulking” is understating it. This wolf is absolutely titanic. Even the mere wisps of breath from its snout is enough to kick up a stiff wind. It’s bound to a stone by a simple ribbon. Odin gestures towards the wolf.

“This is Fenrir. He is destined to one day bring about the end of all things. Having proven your worth against malicious Hrym and duplicitous Hel, I believe you are mighty enough to slay this beast. Tell me when you are ready, warriors. If you wish, I will fight at your side.”

When you signal that your preparations are made, Odin will cut the ribbon, freeing Fenrir. The beast then busts through roof of the cavern, taking the battle to the streets of Asgard.

Fenrir
HP: 1000/2000/4000
DMG: 125/200/300
ACC: 2
EVA: 1
MIT: 25/75/125

Hati and Skoll - Upon being freed from his bonds, Fenrir’s howl calls his progeny Hati and Skoll. Together, the wolves attack the party. Hati and Skoll have no health pool, but will deal an additional 125/200/300 DMG [mitigable] to Fenrir’s target each. Hati and Skoll flee once Fenrir is reduced to half health. 
*Attacks made by Fenrir, Hati, and Skoll are considered separate attacks; Mitigation applies to each individual attack.

Ragnarok - Fenrir’s freedom from bondage heralds the end times. Upon being reduced to half health, Fenrir will devour the sun as his post action. The sun’s boundless energy restores Fenrir to full health and will improve his stats:
DMG: 200/350/750
ACC: 4
EVA: 3
MIT: 40/100/150
*Hati and Skoll return during Ragnarok and will leave again once Fenrir is reduced to half health again.

Weeping Wounds - Every target that attacks Fenrir will suffer 20/50/75 Thorns damage.

The Allfather - If needed, Odin will aid you in fighting foul Fenrir. He will take all Hate from Fenrir, Hati, and Skoll.

Odin
HP: 2000/4000/10000
DMG: 150/300/500
ACC: 4
EVA: 2
MIT: 100/150/250

Rewards
7 SP
50,000 Col
[If Fenrir is defeated without Odin’s assistance] Gungnir’s Shard (consumable, reusable, untradeable) - Use this item to “store” a standard [i.e. “crafted”] consumable, allowing that consumable to be used infinitely.
Huginn and Muninn [Consumable] - Allows players to skip the “finding” phase of <<Feeding Your Enemy>> once during the quest.

Shield

Spoiler

» Shield, The Immovable Object

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT: +50 [Diamond Encrusted Hotdog + Kitchen Bonus] +15 [Tanos Statue]
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA:
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search:
  • Temp Buff: +30 THN [Immolation Potion +2]
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1850
  • Base EN: 176
  • Base MIT: 246
  • Base ACC: 0
  • Base DMG: 2
  • Base EVA: -1
  • Battle Heal: 92 HP
  • Search: +5

» Items Equipped:

• Manticore Mask - T3 Perfect Shield - Flame Aura I / Taunt / Mitigation I
  • Stinging Nettle - T3 Perfect Heavy Armor - Envenom (Defensive) I / Thorns II
  • Blessed Greaves - T3 Demonic Heavy Armor - Mitigation II / Holy Blessing II
  • Wedding Ring [+18 MIT]
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Golden  Keys x7 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x4 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard
  • Nandor's Strength | T3 Perfect Heavy Armor - Recovery II | Vampiric (Defensive) I
  • Seeking Aura | T1 Perfect Trinket - Loot Die III

» Skills:

• Searching | 5 Ranks | +5 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 5 Ranks | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (85HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • First Aid | 5 Ranks | +4% HP per rank (+20% HP) on Post Action
  • Picking | Purchased | +3 LD when opening chests
  • Heavy Armor | 5 Rank | +35 Mitigation
  • Energize | Purchased |  Restore 8 EN to target
  • Block | 5 Ranks | +25 Mitigation
  • Howl | Purchased | +2 Hate against each opponent (up to 4)
  • Fighting Spirit | Purchased | +1 Hate when using Howl or Focused Howl
  • Parry | Purchased 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Fishing | Purchased | Fish for equipment and gain prestige among old men

» Extra Skills:

• Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Healer |  3 Ranks | +135 HP (Does not require post action)
  • Martial Arts | 1 Rank | +1 Base Damage per slot with Unarmed Weapons
  • Meditation | Purchased | Recover an additional 15 EN on Post Action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +45 HP
  • Focused Howl: +6 Hate against single target on Post Action
  • Dismantling: +2 LD when opening chests
  • Stone Wall: +Gain 10 MIT and 45 HP from heavy armor. Reduces DOT by 25%. -1 to Evasion.
  • Sharpness: Gives target +[Target's Tier] to Base Damage for 2 turns | 1 Turn Cool Down
  • Justified Riposte: A successful Parry also stuns the target for 1 turn. | 3 Turn Cool Down
  • Vengeful Riposte: A successful Parry returns 50% of DMG back to your opponent - mitigatable. | 3 Turn Cool Down

Consumables

Spoiler

Diamond Encrusted Hotdog + Kitchen Bonus [50 Mit]
Immolation Potion +2 [+30 THN]
Bottled Banshee Scream [+ Para on attacks]

Wiping the sweat from his brow, Shield watched as the last slivers of a slime's slashed body was dashed into glowing polygons. The natural generation of slimes that he had activated in his outer garden on the mist-wrapped mountains of the eleventh floor came to an end, and Shield sighed, realizing he had gotten the last of the extra experience he was likely to get from it for some time. He returned through the stony archway that led into his house to his kitchen, grabbing one of Oscar's hotdogs and rummaging through his food storage, pulling out a jar of sauerkraut which he heaped onto the dog. It wasn't much, but it boosted the item's effect significantly. He washed it down with an astringent tasting liquid, which was in fact a tincture to boost his thorns. With that, his preparation was ready, and he took the stairs directly down through the mountain that brought him to the floor below.

An hour later, Shield stood on the fated shore of the Stygian River on the tenth floor of Aincrad. The sky was overcast. Grey filled his vision as far as the eye could see, and a slight and steady breeze ruffled the hair over his forehead. He squinted, casting his gaze to the horizon from whence the river wound, where supposedly a ghostly ship was supposed to be approaching. For now, if it was there, Shield could not see it. He turned back towards land behind where he had stood, scanning the terrain for the arrival of others. Mari had said she had people she knew to join them for their quest, though most of them had not been names Shield knew.

In his sleeve, Lilith wound her scaly body around his wrist, holding on like a bracelet under his canvas tunic. "Yes, yes, it's chilly out here. Little cold-blooded critters get cold quickly. You can use my body heat if you need to, girl." Pulling up his HUD, he gave one last check of his items. "Looks like everything is in order. Now to wait for the others."

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was the first, and depending on his interactions with everybody on here, possibly the last time that he would accept to be in a party composed of randoms. Then again, the name 'Shield' did ring a bell, but he still wasn't quite certain who he was. Yuki just hadn't gone in depth enough, if she'd even mentioned him. Perhaps it was one of the other frontliners and not his mentee. "I'm nearing the end of the Styx. I don't see anybody else around these parts though.", he noted to himself and simply nodded with a deep sigh, fixing his overcoat on his body just a bit better.

As the clank of his chained bracelet sounded, he slowly began to show up in the distance, seeing a figure right by the dungeon's entrance. Once he was close enough, awkward silence took over at watching him feed his pet before he coughed dryly and asked with a raised brow. "... Shield? I'm Chase. From the dungeon group you were looking for.". Yeah, enough words had been said. The bluehead just hushed himself and went silent, crossing both of his arms and waiting for the rest to show up. To hell if he knew who all were coming along too.

Spoiler

Name: ChaseR
Level: 60
HP: 1230/1230
EN: 120/120

Stats:
Damage: 18
Mitigation: 43
Evasion: 3
Accuracy: 5
ABS ACC: 1
BH:61
VAMP DEF:61
HLY BLS:16
LD:2

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: <<Zero Degree Icicle>> (T2/Perfect/2HSS): ACC I, FRZ I, BLD I
Armor: <<Azure Overcoat>> (T2/Perfect/Light Armor): V.DEF I, HBS I, MIT I
Misc: <<Chained Bracelet>> (T2/Demonic/Trinket): EVA II, ACC II

Skills:
Two-Handed Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 1]
Fighting Spirit [Obtained]
Howl [Obtained]
Parry [Obtained]
Extended Mod Limit [Rank 1]

Extra Skills:
Familiar Mastery: Fighter
Survival
Disguise

Mods:
2HSS Finesse [R3]
Precision
Athletics
Sprint & Acrobatics
Ferocity

Battle Ready Inventory:
Starter Healing Potions(heal 50HP)*3
Insta-Life ++ (T2/Perfect/HP REC III)*1
Woodland Armor (T2/Perfect) MIT III (1/3)*1
Teleport Crystal [F21]*1
Imugi's Inspiration (Mass HP Recovery)*3
Requires Extended Weight Limit 1
Requires Extended Weight Limit 2
Requires Extended Weight Limit 3
Obtained via Item Stash (Housing)
Obtained via Dimensional Backpack

Housing Buffs:
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild:

Wedding Ring:

Edited by ChaseR

It was weird....strange to be back on this floor again. The last time she was here was the whole...situation with Beat. Mari didn't really want to be back here. Especially not with Shield, nor Beat. She felt guilty - and didn't really want to face that right now. Not after everything she had been through the last few days. Still.  This was an interesting quest - and how could she deny a request from her fellow guild leader?

Mari trudged up the River Stygian banks, begrudgingly. For anyone who knew her, they could say that in contrast - she looked like shit. Haggard. Tired. Her eyes lined with dark circles, her shoulders hunched. Her hair, which was already messy and unruly, looked as though she had stuck her head into a wind turbine only to feebly smooth it down with her hands.

This time, she was prepared at least. Mari had already used potions and meals to buff up her stats, as they'd be in it for the long haul.

Nearing the meeting point Mari saw someone she hadn't expected to see. "Chaser?" She asked - her voice a little hoarse. Curious eyes then shifted to Shield. Did they know each other? Did it matter? Instead of sating her curiosity Mari simply placed a smile on her face.

"How are you both?"

Used:
Titans Strength Potion - +3 Damage
T1 | Super Sight and Speed Shoyu Ramen: +2 ACC, +1 EVA 

BATTLE READY INVENTORY:  1 X TELEPORT CRYSTAL | 

Spoiler

General
Level: 81 | HP: 1660 |Energy: 162

BATTLE COPY
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1610/1610  | EN: 158/158 | DMG: 19+3=22 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1=4 | ACC: 4 +2=6 | BH: 83 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
-Weapon Mod: Ferocity (+1 DMG)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
Light Armor Mod Athletics -  Gain +1 base damage and +30 HP when wearing light armor
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage
Extended Mod Limit Rank 3 (+3 Mods)
First Aid: Cost 5% in EN Heal 4% per rank of a target party member’s maximum HP (rounded down). Cannot target the user.
Field Medic Mod: 12 En + 3 En per player:  heal for 20% of each party members maximum HP

EQUIPPED
Name:
Bleeding Lance| Item Type: 2H Assault Spear Tier 3
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Damage 1
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Edited by Mari

A shadowy figure emerged from the foggy miasma the clung to the edge of the Stygian river behind the others.  Dressed in black leathers and cloth, covered head to toe except for the lower half of a pale face, it could easily have been mistaken for a mob, save for the green icon over its head.  Its hands were tucked into a pair of concealed pockets in its dark jacket.  Noticeably, its steps were carefully taken to land on the more stony surface just beyond the river's sandy banks, leaving no tracks.  The shadow stopped cold when it saw the three figures gathered near the river's estuary, the trademark cowl upon its head tilting slightly to one side.

"Smurf?  Orange?  I didn't realize you'd both be here for this."  Freyd's voice was measured and neutral.  "It's been a while.  I'm glad to see that you're both well."  He pulled back his cowl to reveal a youthful, if plain, blank-looking face, notable only for the crop of unruly brown hair and a pair of focused reddish-brown eyes.  He nodded respectfully to the other figure standing with them, then proceeded to kneel in the black sand at his feet summon a small folding workbench.  Taking but a moment to set it up, he then called forth what looked like a rolled tool belt, which he unfurled to reveal an assortment of consumables.

"Courtesy of Freyd Edges.  Please, take only what you need.  My apologies on the limited quality.  Demand has suddenly taken off."

Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows | HP:1425/1425 | EN:141/141 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:7 | BH:64 | TxV:24

Consumables made available:

Spoiler

(x5) Field Rations +2 (+120 HP) - [http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19871-f13-merchant-freyd-edges-safe-zone/?do=findComment&comment=623998]

Lesser-Duper Anti Snake Sauce - Consumable (Salve) - Antidote 1 
A small container of sickly green goo that actually does most of what it advertises, but also makes you gassy. 
Tierless - [159467] [159468] [160743] [165679] [165683]

Lich Loogeys - Consumable (Salve) - HP Recovery 3 
A pasty grey, dust and detritus-infused gum that comes wrapped in fine white silks. Thoroughly disgusting, and it works.
T3 [166161] [166170] [169214] [169219] [169220] [170009] 

Pure Unadulterated Rage - Consumable (Meals) - Mitigation 3 
If you're angry enough, nothing can get through to affect you.
T3 [170007] [170029] [170016]

Pepperette Pack - Consumable (Meal) - Protein 1
A variety of spiced and cured meat sticks in bite-sized sausage casings.
Tierless - [159102] [161685]

Freyd Consumes (not included above):

Spoiler

Cotton Candy Puffs (ACC 2) [169222] 
Red Velvet Meringue (EVA 2) [170018]
Assortment of Fuzzy-Looking Meatballs (Protein 2) [166158] – Filled (+3 DMG, -45 MIT)
Liquor of Light (DMG 3) [167818-1]
Divine Wait (T3 - MIT 3) [166929]
Jackpot Pretzel (LD3) [165672]
Max Level Courage (T3 – OH) (+135 HP) [166210]
Viperion (T3 Toxic Venom) [154853]

Freyd Stats:

Spoiler

Name: Freyd, The Whisper in Shadows
Level: 63
HP: 1290/1290 + 135
EN: 141/141

Stats:
Damage: 19 + 3 + 3 + 1 = 26
Mitigation: 79 + 45 - 45 = 79
Evasion: 2 + 2 = 4
Accuracy: 4 + 2 = 6
BH:64
KEEN:1
HLY:6
FLN:6
LD:4 + 3 = 7

Equipped Gear:
Weapon: Samael's Pride (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, HOLY 1, FLN 1)
Armor: Skirmisher's Garb (T3 LA, MIT 2, EVA 1)
Misc: Assassin's Cowl (T2-Trinket, ACC 2, KEEN 1)

Skills:
2H Straight Sword [Rank 5]
Light Armor [Rank 5]
Searching [Rank 3]
Battle Healing [Rank 5]
Parry [Obtained]
Energist [Obtained]
Charge [Rank 2]

Extra Skills:
Disguise
Familiar Mastery: Fighter 3
Survival

Mods:
Precision
Finesse - Rank 3
LA Athletics
Ferocity
LA Sprint and Acrobatics

Battle Ready Inventory:
Teleport Crystals*5
Concentrated Joy (T3 Vitality 2)*3
Missing You (Instant T3 HP Recovery)*2
Fruit-Infused Tea (T3 HP Recovery)*5
Imugi's Inspiration (T3 Mass HP Recovery)*5
Mega-Duper... Sauce (Antidote 3)*5
Grave Injustice (T3-2HSS, ACC 1, Keen 1, Abs. ACC)*1

Housing Buffs:
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Filling: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Item Stash: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
Tasty: Turn 2 identical food items into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Skylight (Searching): +1 Rank to the Searching skill.
Angler: +1 material gained when fishing
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month [0/1]
Decor [Potted Tanabata Bamboo Tree]: This buff affects the player and their choice of up to two party members.

Guild Hall Buffs:
Col Deposit: +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col from treasure chests.

Scents of the Wild: n/a

Wedding Ring: n/a

The word of the new theme dungeon had begun to spread around the floors. On the 10th floor at the Stygian River, a new nordic-based event dungeon had been appearing with major boss fights. The knight pondered while looking at the different consumables to consume for going up to the 10th floor to see if anyone were going to partake in his journey. While going through his inventory, Macradon would grab whatever he needed and took a short break to consume the meals and snacks while writing a message.

Hey Mari,
I’m on my way to the 10th floor for the event dungeon. Are you going as well? Do you have a party to take it with? I’m still on the lookout for one.
-Macradon

He sent off the message and gobbled down the rest of his food and washed it all down with the potions. Letting out a light sigh of relief after the consumption of buffs, Macradon would don his armor and venture up to the 10th floor “Let’s go, Bel!” he called out to his cerberus and the two would go up to the 10th floor to see what was actually going on.

@Mari

< Hearty Seafood Soup consumed >
< Carrot Sauerkraut consumed >
< Beef Wellington consumed >
< Snack of the Boar consumed >
< Titan's Strength consumed >

Stats

Spoiler

DynamicMac_v2_narrow.png
Macradon
The Imperial Topaz
Level: 88
Stats HP: 1805
NRG: 189
ACC: 5
EVA: 1
DMG: 25
MIT: 107
REC: 6
FRT: 36(21)
FRZ: 6(2 turns)
VMP: 180
Equipped Items - Blade of the Bloody Dictator // +12 Holy, Phase, 180 Vampiric Offensive
- Silverlight ................ // +72 Mitigation, +36 Frost Thorns, +6 Freeze Damage
- Templar's Necklace ......... // +6 Recovery, +2 Accuracy

- Belphegor: Fighting Familiar // +9 Damage
Battle Ready Inventory - 5 x Teleportation Crystal .. // Teleport to a designated location
- Health Potion .............. // +180 HP
- Snack of the Eagle ......... // +60 HP
- Snack of the Comfort Foods . // +60 HP
- Empty inventory slot ....... //
- Dimensional backpack
- Empty inventory slot ..... //
Buffs - Rested ..................... // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
- Filling .................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item
consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slots.
- Relaxed .................... // Increase Out of Combat HP regen by 15(5 * Tier) HP
and decrease full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat
posts.
- Col Deposit ................ // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10%
bonus col from treasure chests.
- Damage Mitigation .......... // +45 Mitigation.
Accuracy ................... // +2 Accuracy.
- Evasion .................... // +1 Evasion.
- Protein .................... // +2 Damage, -30 Damage Mitigation | Filling: +1 Damage, -15 Mitigation.
- Damage ..................... // +3 Damage.
Skills & Mods - Two-Handed Straight Sword .. || Rank 5: +7 Damage.
- Precision ................. // +1 Accuracy.
- Ferocity .................. // +1 Damage.
- Finesse ................... // Rank 3: Decrease Energy Cost of attacks by 3.
- Heavy Armor ................ || Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation.
- Athletics ................. // +1 Damage, +45 Health.
- Searching .................. || Rank 5: +5 Loot Die, +5 Stealth Detection.
- Reveal .................... // +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths.
You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth
every 15 posts (instead of 20).
- Tracking .................. // Allows the user to track previously-encountered
monsters, NPCs, or other players. Negates all
bonuses to the target's Stealth Rating. After
tracking, your first attack against the tracked
creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat.

- Battle Healing ............. || Rank 5: Heal 90(5%) each post In-Battle.
- Fighting Spirit ............ || +1 Hate generation.
- Hiding ..................... || Rank 5: +5 Stealth Rating.
- Vanish .................... // Use in combat post action to stealth. Free action
in combat to stealth if target has been slain.
- Surprise Attack ........... // Cannot miss from stealth. +3(1 * Tier) damage on
first attack.
- Extended Mod Limit ......... || Rank 3: +3 Mod slots.
- Parry ...................... || Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down).
- Justified Riposte ......... // Stun attacker for 1 turn.
- Energist ................... || Add 15(5 * Tier) Energy to your max pool.
- Charge ..................... || Rank 5: +5 on initial hit.

- Disguise ................... || +1 EVA for one turn.
- Survival ................... || Heal 45 HP when our of battle.
- Familiar Mastery: Fighter .. || Rank 3: +9(Tier * Rank) Damage.
- Meditation ................. || Recover 15(3 * Tier) energy with post action.
Reduced to 10(2 x Tier) energy if you are hit
before your next round.

<Macradon> 1805/1805 HP| 25 DMG | 107 MIT | 5 ACC | 1 EVA | 6 REC | 36(21) FRT | 6[2] FRZ | 180 VMP | 12 HLY | PHS | 90 BH | 189/189 NRG

*Hadn't updated stat sheet, so forgot that my trinket was Recovery | Recovery | Accuracy | Accuracy, instead of just Recovery | Recovery | Accuracy. Updated stat line in post 41.

Beat: 

Spoiler

Beat, The Unstoppable Force

Current Stats: 

Level 60
Skill Points 272/280

Hit Points 1245/1245
Energy Points 120/120
Damage 26
Mitigation 3
Evasion 0
Accuracy 8
Loot Die 4
Prosperity 0
Additional Buffs

See consumables

Paralytic Immunity

Noxious Pendant effect used on Spear of Destiny

Consumables: 

Spot-On Tea (+2 BD)[ID#93369] additional +1 BD from Kitchen.

+1 DMG from Kumatetsu Statue

I Booze, You Lose (+2 Dmg/(-5* Player Tier) MIT) [ID#83007]

T1- Perfect Damage Potion: +3 DMG

- Using mega-slime farm for +2 SP -

Equipment: 

Item Tier Enhancements
Eagle's Splendor 1 +3 ACC
Spear of Destiny 2 Absolute Accuracy, Holy Damage, Bleed
Noxious Pendant 3 Paralytic Immunity / Effect: Use to imbue an equipped weapon with +1 Envenom(O) and +1 Blight.
Ring of Strong Will 3 +1 Damage
Vanity Heavy Armor 1 None

Battle Ready Inventory:

Items Type Tier Quality Quantity Enhancement
Basic Teleportation Crystal Crystal 1 Uncommon 4  
Healing Crystal Potion 2 Rare 3 HP Recovery
Swords Dance Potion Potion 2 Perfect 2 Damage
Safe Guard Potion Potion 1 Perfect 5 Safeguard
Power Bar [Vitality] Snack 2 Rare 3 Vitality
Shi's Talon 2H Spear 2 Perfect 1 Absolute Accuracy, Paralyze, Freeze
Bulwark H. Armor 3 Perfect 1 Mitigation

Skills:

Skills Rank
Heavy Armor 3/5
Search and Detect 3/5
Charge 5/5
2H Spears 5/5
Quick Change  
Extended Mod Limit 2/3
Fishing  
Battle Healing 2/5

Mods  
Ferocity [2H Spears]  
Finesse [2H Spears] 3/3
Precision [2H Spears]  
Stamina [2H Spears]  
Athletics (Heavy Armor)  
Bull Rush (Charge)  
Tracking  

Extra Skills  
Concentration [Extra Skill]  
Survival [Extra Skill]  
Marital Arts [Extra Skill]  

Familiar Skills  
Fighter 3/3

Housing: 

Buff Effect Uses
Well Rested -1 EN cost 3/3
Squeaky Clean -25% DOT dmg / turn 1/1
Hard Working +2 Crafting Exp & +1 Attempt  
Filling +1 T1 slot to 1 food Item 1/1
Relaxed HP regen now 45/turn OOC  
Item Stash +1 Battle Ready Slot  
Multipurpose +2 on Certain Rolls/10 Posts  
Delicious Feast from 3 same food  
Skylight (Searching) +1 to LD  
Advanced Training +2 SP for one thread/month  

Beat's armored boots grinded against the sand as he approached the gathering of players. A echoing screech filled the air and his familiar falcon swooped down, landing on Beat's now out stretched arm. Horus's sharp talons wrapped harmlessly around the young player's arm and the large falcon took a moment to eye each of the players before clicking his beak at his owner. 

"Alright, you got it. Everything clear then?" Another click from Horus indicated the affirmative as Beat's fingers danced in the air for a moment befire a small fish appeared in his hand. He tossed it towards Horus, who happily snatched it up as Beat approached the group, a light bounce in his step.

"Man, they'll let anyone do a dungeon in this game huh?" He said to no one in particular with a chuckle. He gave Mari a wink and Horus seemed to stare for a moment before finishing his treat.

Edited by Beat

[Pre-Combat Round]

Action: Sharpness > Beat [-12 EN]

[H:0] Mari
[H:0] Beat
[H:0] ChaseR
[H:0] Freyd
[H:0] Macradon
[H:0] Shield - 
HP1850/1850 | EN: 164/176 | MIT: 226 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4

Hrym HP: 2000/2000 | DMG: 300 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 75

Spoiler

Unshakable [Passive] - Stun/Para/Etc Immunity
Horn of Battle [Passive] - Every 2 turns, +1 Jötunn to combat. +1 attack per Jötunn present. Jötunn do not attack & cannot be attacked.
Solidarity [Passive] - Final damage to Hrym is reduced by 50% so long as one Summoned Jötunn as alive.

Tortured Spirits - Post action - Players summon [natural LD] spirits to attack a Jötunn. 20 Spirits attacking the Jötunn will slay it.

Shield nodded to greet each newcomer until all of them had assembled. With a full party present, he addressed them matter of factly. "It's good that you were all so good about meeting on short notice. There was a lot of last minute posting on message boards and inboxing last minute, but you all made it, and I appreciate it." He turned to look up the river, and sure enough, a thick fog rolled down the river and was closing distance on them quickly. There was little time for speeches.

"I'll make this short and sweet. The first encounter seems like a pretty straight-forward slug-fest to drop health. If we need to do additional buffing, I suggest we wait until we've handled that," he said, glancing out of the corner of his eye. The fog was already upon them and engulfing the small band of players. "Any additional prep can wait, but as we all know, the boss fight is approaching quickly and time is not on our side. I'm most comfortable tanking to start with, but as needed I can fall back to regenerate and provide support. I believe Chase said he could do a little tanking if the heat gets too hot. Aside from that, we have some top notch DPS, and I plan to give you as much freedom and support to do what you do."

Behind him came the loud, gritty sliding of a ship beaching itself on shore. There was little else to say and no time to do so anyways, so with that, he turned to the ship. A gang plank, sodden and draped with seaweed, lowered itself onto the sand, and Shield hitched his step to get a little momentum up the incline and onto the vessel.

The deck was abandoned by living things, though specters drifted in and among them, moaning and gasping for air that could not satiate their ghostly lungs. Ignoring the distractions, he made for the hold of the ship and descended the steps. The cabins within were a jumble of rotting, stinking rooms, littered with bones and decayed personal effects. As he returned from inspecting one, heavy foosteps greeted his ears.

"Beat," he said, drawing his sword and flicking it towards his comrade. A globe of red light burst from the tip and struck the younger player in the chest, absobring into his form and boosting his combat abilities. Turning back to the footsteps, he found they belonged to a being with an an unsettling visage. "Looks like we've found out frost giant!"

Edited by Shield

When Mari arrived, a smile appeared on Chase's face. He almost instinctively went over to hug her, seeing how she was rather gloomy though and stopping. His smile remained, although somewhat discouraged, as he waved at her. "Hey Mari.", the bluehead chirped before noticing Freyd- and that's when the smile went away completely. He just gave a rather dismissive wave and moved closer to Mari before turning to Shield who was starting to lay out the plan on them.

Seeing as Freyd's bag was completely empty of foods he'd found useful, except a mitigation food for potential future use. He listened to Shield's plan and caught a consumable that he threw on to him, scarfing it down quickly to improve his accuracy. "... If you need somebody to switch too, I can take some heat.", he confirmed and turned to the ship that emerged from the Styx, clenching his hands and slowly sliding his blade out of its scabbard in preparation to brawl.

[Chase consumes ACC II food.]

ChaseR: HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 120/120 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 7 | ABS. ACC | MIT: 43 | BH: 61 | V.(DEF): 61 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]

Edited by ChaseR

Action: D.Stampede + Charge vs Hrym | -11 EP [Well Rested 2/3]

ID# 170510: BD: 9 + 8 - 1 = 16 = Minor Crit! | DMG: (34 + 1 + 4) x 15 = 585 - 75 = 515 + Blight [24 per rnd/2 rnds] + Bleed [24 per rnd/2 rnds] + Envenom [12 dmg per rnd/4 rnds]

[H:2] Beat    - 
HP1225/1225 | EN: 109/120   | MIT: 3      | DMG 26(29)  | Absolute ACC: 8 | EVA: 0 | BH: 24 | Conc (0/3) | QChange (0/3) Sharpness [2/3]
[H:0] Freyd
HP1850/1850 | EN: 164/176 | MIT: 226 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4

Hrym HP: 1485/2000 | DMG: 300 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 75 - Blight [24 - 2/2] Bleed [24 - 2/2] Env [12 - 4/4]

Beat's fingers traced along the odd, chitinous walls of the ship as they explored the hold. Upon hearing the heavy thuds of footsteps, Beat felt the small tingle of Shield's buff enter his body. The sharpness buff always made him feel like he had consumed too many energy drinks and he was feeling the buzz as he turned towards the source of the footsteps. 

“Welcome, mortals! To the Naglfar!” a loud booming voice said as a large, bearded giant made his way down the stairs towards them, a disapproving sneer shooting towards the group. "Oh nice! A giant!" Beat shouted excitedly as he readied his spear, a red aura surrounding him as his charge skill activated. "Sorry man, we have to take you out!"

The giant chuckled loudly at Beat's words, "A mortal like you cannot-" Before the giant could finish, Beat was in the air, in front of the mythological man's face. 

"Maybe don't laugh at the guy kicking your ass!" Beat shouted as a shower of strikes rained from his blurred form, each one thundering into the right side of Hrym's face. As the final blow struck, Beat's spear shimmered brightly and triggered all of the additional effects he had. The player landed next to Shield and was please to see that over a fourth of the giant's health was gone in addition to draining HP from multiple status effects. 

Edited by Beat

Freyd smiled as he watched Beatbox go after Hrym head on.  Perfect.

Grabbing some nearby rigging, all it took was a quick slash from his blade to send him flying upward like a rag doll.  The apex of his self-inflicted toss put him nose to nose with the ship's rickety crow's nest.  It was enough for him to complete his little bit of acrobatic flare and find purchase to propel himself forward by just enough to come down behind his target.  Hurtling downward like a charred black meteor, Freyd cleaved his blade deep into the frost giant only a moment after Beat's blow had slapped him silly.  The blow from his tarnished silver blade bit deep into Hrym's left trap at the shoulder, causing him to stagger to his knees under the force of the impact.

"Hey, Mari," he called out from behind the massive monster,  "Think he took some fallen damage?"

Galaxy Destroyer (x13) - 13 EN - (Rested, Finesse 3) = 9 EN.

ID 170511 | BD: 7 + 6 = 13 (hit, Fallen +6).  Freyd deals (12*32 = 384 - 75 = 309) damage to Hrym.

Keen Triggers

[H:2] Beat    - 
HP1225/1225 | EN: 109/120   | MIT: 3      | DMG 26(29)  | Absolute ACC: 8 | EVA: 0 | BH: 24 | Conc (0/3) | QChange (0/3) Sharpness [2/3]
[H:1] Freyd - 
HP:1425/1425 | EN:132/141 | DMG:26 (+6) | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:7 | BH:64 | TxV:24

Hrym HP: 1176/2000 | DMG: 300 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 75 - Blight [24 - 2/2] Bleed [24 - 2/2] Env [12 - 4/4]

Well?

Freyd thought Mari fine? The orange haired woman bitterly laughed at herself. FIne - she was far from that. She knew she looked like shit, but she guessed that was her normal. Besides - this wasn't about her. This was about quickly running a dungeon before the looming boss battle. Mari hugged herself tight. She had to. She had to do well. She had to be there for others. She had to be that hope and that beacon others needed. That Pillar. 

Mari then saw @BeatOh... guilt tore at her sides. He...Mari gave him a weak smile before turning her gaze away from him. He could have died because of her carelessness. Yet here he was, offering her a warm smile and a friendly wink. Did she even deserve that? "H-Hey, Beat." Mari managed. "I uhh..." Finally Mari turned her eyes back to him and did her best to offer him a smile. "I hope you're doing well."

Mari didn't have a lot of time to talk to the others; she would have liked to pull Macradon aside and check to see if he was alright too - he seemed off...at the festival. And Mari, naturally, blamed herself. Instead - a thick fog rolled in - and before she had a chance to argue - she was rushed onto the ship.

Welcome, mortals! To the Naglfar!”

And With those words; the battle hard started - Shield immediately powering up Beat; and Beat landing a powerful blow against their first foe. Mari weakly smiled. They...worked so well together. 

Mari drew out her own spear - the one Shield had given her. "You got this Mari." She exhalled, and activated her charge skill; booted feet shimmering as she darted forward - down the thin, rockety halls of the ship. Her spear flashed  - activating her most powerful skill, but....

Despite everything... Mari had tripped, the tip of her foot getting lodged into an uneven wooden board - Mari fell flat onto her face.

Yup. That seems about right

Action:   CHARGED Imperial Southern Cross (16 Energy) - Six rapid stabs, followed by a powerful finishing thrust at the opponent. X14
id: 170529  BD:1 MISS

H:0] Mari HP 1610/1610  | EN: 156/158 | DMG: 19+3=22 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1=4 | ACC: 4 +2=6 | BH: 83 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 | - 2 EN
[H:2] Beat    - HP1225/1225 | EN: 109/120   | MIT: 3      | DMG 26(29)  | Absolute ACC: 8 | EVA: 0 | BH: 24 | Conc (0/3) | QChange (0/3) Sharpness [2/3]
[H:1] Freyd - 
HP:1425/1425 | EN:132/141 | DMG:26 (+6) | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:7 | BH:64 | TxV:24

Hrym HP: 1176/2000 | DMG: 300 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 75 - Blight [24 - 2/2] Bleed [24 - 2/2] Env [12 - 4/4]

Edited by Mari

As he slowly arrived at the Stygian river at night, he saw a good bunch of familiar faces, many of which he hadn’t seen in a while, and some he had only seen occasionally. But one of those faces stood out, his best friend, Mari. 

He didn’t get to say hi much to the rest of the party and only got in time to hear some strategy. The first battle seemed easy enough, hit it until it dies before it can call in reinforcements. Macradon raised his hand as well “If things get rough I think I can tank for a few turns with my abundance of health.” he added as a comment to ensure that everyone at least could have multiple layers of tanking backup in the upcoming fights.

As time went by, a long ship looking to be made of … nails and hair was traversing the Stygian River, and on top a … “Huh, havde aldrig tænkt jeg skulle have set en jætte herinde …”* the knight thought, grasping his outside roots in the cold nordic Scandinavia. “Det må være … enten Hrym eller Udgårdsloke …”** he thought for himself while preparing for battle.

The boat came closer and the party went in with all their might, Beat was first, crashing into the Jötunn with great force, dealing a good chunk of damage to the first boss, Hrym the helmsman of Neglfar. Not long after the rest of the party burst through the health of the giant, each hit chunking down upon the green bar, slowly pulling it down into the yellow. But one in particular didn't do too well, so Macradon would sprint in with his Charge and slam into the helmsman with his sword, dealing an adequate blow to the giant while also standing in between the stumbled @Mari and the ice giant Hrym. "You ok?" he asked, looking back over his shoulder at his friend.

ID: 170530
BD: 4+4-1=7 -> Hit!
Sword art used: Galaxy Destroyer -> (25+5)x13-75 = 315 Damage to Hrym

[H:0] MariHP 1610/1610  | EN: 156/158 | DMG: 19+3=22 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1=4 | ACC: 4 +2=6 | BH: 83 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 | - 2 EN
[H:2] Beat HP1225/1225 | EN: 109/120   | MIT: 3      | DMG 26(29)  | Absolute ACC: 8 | EVA: 0 | BH: 24 | Conc (0/3) | QChange (0/3) Sharpness [2/3]
[H:1] Freyd - 
HP:1425/1425 | EN:132/141 | DMG:26 (+6) | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:7 | BH:64 | TxV:24
[H:2] Macradon - HP: 1805/1805 | EN: 180/189 | MIT: 107 | DMG: 25 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | REC: 6 | HLY: 12 | VMP: 180 | FTR: 36(21) | FRAR: 6[2] | PHS | 90 BH

Hrym HP: 861/2000 | DMG: 300 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 75 - Blight [24 - 2/2] Bleed [24 - 2/2] Env [12 - 4/4]

*"Huh, I've never really thought to see a jötunn in here ..."
**"It has to be ... either Hrym or Utgardsloki ..."

And so, everybody took off to start beating the boss dead. With a deep breath, Chase prepared himself and lowered his blade, looking over to Mari who's attack seemed to fail with a trip. He offered to help her up, quickly before his own attack launched. He kicked and took off right to the frost giant, slamming the flat of his blade in his face and dealing a fair bit of damage. Somehow, everybody else around was on a whole different league- and players he'd never seen anywhere in Aincrad before.

Half the party was familiar, the other half was not. What an odd situation to be in, after running back and forth for weeks. When he landed, he quickly rushed back to where the rest had distanced themselves from the boss, ready to block any incoming attacks. A habit from tanking every single quest he went to, even if Shield was the leader in this case. 

Realizing that he was tense for pretty much no reason, he looked to the side at Mari, who had gotten up and let go of his sword with one hand, placing it on her shoulder to give her another smile before gripping his blade again and turning back at the boss. "Mari, please keep it together. We've gotta be careful here. Whatever's on your mind, for now, please forget it.", he whispered to her while waiting to see Shield jump into action.

Spoiler

image.png.405db05eef6051ee86f8c8c4f88d33ff.png

ChaseR uses Galaxy Destroyer on Hrym! (BD: 10)
19 * 13 - 75 = 247 - 75 = 172

[H:0] Mari HP 1610/1610  | EN: 156/158 | DMG: 19+3=22 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1=4 | ACC: 4 +2=6 | BH: 83 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 | - 2 EN
[H:2] Beat HP1225/1225 | EN: 109/120   | MIT: 3      | DMG 26(29)  | Absolute ACC: 8 | EVA: 0 | BH: 24 | Conc (0/3) | QChange (0/3) Sharpness [2/3]
[H:2] ChaseR - 
HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 110/120 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 7 | ABS. ACC | MIT: 43 | BH: 61 | V.(DEF): 61 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[H:1] Freyd - HP:1425/1425 | EN:132/141 | DMG:26 (+6) | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:7 | BH:64 | TxV:24
[H:2] Macradon - HP: 1805/1805 | EN: 189/189 | MIT: 107 | DMG: 25 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | REC: 6 | HLY: 12 | VMP: 180 | FTR: 36(21) | FRAR: 6[2] | PHS | 90 BH

Hrym HP: 689/2000 | DMG: 300 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 75 - Blight [24 - 2/2] Bleed [24 - 2/2] Env [12 - 4/4]

Passive [+1 EN]

Action: focused howl > Hrym [-4 EN]

[H:0] Mari HP 1610/1610  | EN: 156/158 | DMG: 19+3=22 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1=4 | ACC: 4 +2=6 | BH: 83 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 | - 2 EN
[H:2] ChaseR - 
HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 110/120 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 7 | ABS. ACC | MIT: 43 | BH: 61 | V.(DEF): 61 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[H:1] Freyd - HP:1425/1425 | EN:132/141 | DMG:26 (+6) | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:7 | BH:64 | TxV:24
[H:2] Macradon - HP: 1805/1805 | EN: 189/189 | MIT: 107 | DMG: 25 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | REC: 6 | HLY: 12 | VMP: 180 | FTR: 36(21) | FRAR: 6[2] | PHS | 90 BH
[H:7] Shield - 
HP1776/1850 | EN: 161/176 | MIT: 226 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4

Hrym HP: 530/2000 | DMG: 300 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 75 - Blight [24 - 1/2] Bleed [24 - 1/2] Env [12 - 3/4]

ID# 170534 results: MOB 4+1+3=8 - Hit! 300-226=74 dmg [THN - 99 dmg]

After beefing up his partner in crime, the rest of the party sprang (or alternatively, flopped) into action. The giant was more than half dead before Shield even had a chance to pull threat. Its narrow, frost-rimmed eyes landed on Beat, the first attacker to draw 'blood' against him. "Don't think so," he murmured before drawing in a breath of air and planting his front foot on the chitin of the subdeck.

"HEY, FROSTY! THE ONLY THING ABOMINABLE ABOUT YOU IS YOUR ABILITY TO TAKE A HIT! YOU'RE ABOUT TO DROP LIKE SNOWFLAKE, PUNK! NOW LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO TAKE HITS!" His call rang through the ghostly halls, cutting a swath through the air, shunting spirits out of the wake, except for the few unlucky ones who were caught up in the torrent only for their ethereal bodies to pass through the giant's head. His taunt had done exactly what he had intended, and Hrym brandished an icy two-handed blade that was easily longer than Shield was tall. The stalwart, plated player strode forward ahead of the more damage-focused players and shouldered his shield, a fierce item consisting of the folded wings and maned head of a Manticore. As the strike swung down at him, he gave a slight turn of his wrist, and the heavy blade was turned aside like a raincoat repelling a heavy water drop and crashing into the deck where it smashed through the floor and stuck in place. "And that's how it's done."

While Shield's health was largely unaffected, a not insignificant portion of the icy foe's remaining health chipped away, not to mention the health that continued to drop - a calling card that Beat sometimes left behind on an enemy. "Well, this first fight isn't going to last long."

Edited by Shield

With the first rotation with the entire party, they had already drastically reduced the health of the great Hrym, even taking it down near the red, but still clinging onto the yellow health bar for now. Shield would do his thing and Focus Howl down the jötunn and Macradon would take as his cue. He quickly sprinted by Shield as the giant slammed down onto the tank, and with the giant’s flank exposed, Macradon cleaved onto its side with his sword, cleaving a hefty hew into it, leaving a big red mark from where his greatsword had hit. With the continued momentum, the knight positioned himself in a safe spot with a defensive guard up. His familiar had had little to no openings to attack and get hits in, but that was fine, for now, it just had to backup its master somehow, even if it just meant running around in circles to distract the enemy.

ID: 170536
BD: 6+4=10 -> Hit!
CD: 12 -> Recovery Proc!
Sword art used: Galaxy Destroyer -> 25x13-75 = 250 Damage to Hrym

[H:0] Mari HP 1610/1610  | EN: 156/158 | DMG: 19+3=22 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3+1=4 | ACC: 4 +2=6 | BH: 83 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 | - 2 EN
HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 110/120 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 7 | ABS. ACC | MIT: 43 | BH: 61 | V.(DEF): 61 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[H:1] Freyd - HP:1425/1425 | EN:132/141 | DMG:26 (+6) | MIT:79 | EVA:4 | ACC:6 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:7 | BH:64 | TxV:24
[H:4] Macradon - HP: 1805/1805 | EN: 178/189 | MIT: 107 | DMG: 25 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | REC: 6 | HLY: 12 | VMP: 180 | FTR: 36(21) | FRAR: 6[2] | PHS | 90 BH
HP1776/1850 | EN: 160/176 | MIT: 226 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4

Hrym HP: 280/2000 | DMG: 300 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 75 - Blight [24 - 1/2] Bleed [24 - 1/2] Env [12 - 3/4]

Still behind the frost giant, Freyd sliced relentlessly at the back of his legs, hoping to limit his mobility if not drive him to fall face-first into the deck of his own ship.  Life without hamstrings would be difficult, even if they were little more than part of the digital play-doh that made up all creatures in this world.  Hrym, for his part, cried out in frustration, perhaps being a little too dim to determine that his fate was all but sealed.  Like a whirling dervish, Freyd spun over and over again at the enemy's back, flailing away bits of digital meat in chunks.  The giant's form was literally starting to fracture into pixels before his very eyes.  All it would take was one more push and their foe would fall.

"Anyone want to give him a final push?  He looks just about ready to tumble."

Grabbing a gunnel, Freyd steadied himself, sensing that something else was amiss. His cowled head turned and watched as the ship's wheel turned, slowly at first, but with growing speed.

"Oh... shit."

Galaxy Destroyer (x13): 13 EN - (Rested, Finesse 3, Turn Recovery) = 8 EN

ID: #170543 | BD: 3 + 6 + 1 = 10 (hit).  Freyd deals (13*26 = 338 - 75 = 263) damage to Hrym.

Keen triggers again. 

[H:2] Freyd - HP:1425/1425 | EN:124/141 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:7 | BH:64 | TxV:24
[H:4] Macradon - HP: 1805/1805 | EN: 178/189 | MIT: 107 | DMG: 25 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | REC: 6 | HLY: 12 | VMP: 180 | FTR: 36(21) | FRAR: 6[2] | PHS | 90 BH
HP1776/1850 | EN: 160/176 | MIT: 226 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4

Hrym HP: 17/2000 | DMG: 300 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 75 - Blight [24 - 1/2] Bleed [24 - 1/2] Env [12 - 3/4] (280 - 263)

Mari groaned as she slowly pushed herself to her feet, responding to @Macradon "I'm alive." She responded to him as she dusted herself off. "My ego's a lil hurt, but I'm alive."  Mari jolted at the feeling of a warm hand on her shoulder. It was Chaser. He gave her a smile, offering her words of what she knew was meant to be support. Chaser was simple that way. He said what he meant, and he meant what he said.

"-Whatever's on your mind, for now, please forget it."

Mari gave Chaser a weak smile in return. Yeh, forget it. Forget it all. Amari didn't matter. Mari didn't matter. What did, was getting everyone else out of this game. And doing whatever it took to do so. "Don't worry..." Mari said in response to @ChaseR. "It's...forgotten." Her voice still felt and sounded hoarse. Dark-lined eyes shifted to the muscular form of Hrym. She clenched her spear tightly. One slip up and already she was being questioned. Dammit.

Mari ran past Macradon and Chaser - her body crouched in low as she tore through Hrym's arm with one strike - then another into his shoulder. A third into the side of his torso - and with one final thrust - the forth powerful strike went up and into the underside of his jaw. Mari didn't even  blink as he shattered before her.

"That's the first one down." Mari said as she took a step to the side to lean against the railings of the ship. Normally the wailing screeching in the  background would unnerve her, but Mari was used to hearing voices on the 10th floor. Ever since she fell (T--posed backward) into it, she swore she could hear whispers on the winds. So this? It wasn't anything new. Mari crossed her arms, eyes on the floor before her. 

"Wonder where exactly this ships gonna go without its captain at the helm?"

Passive: En +1
Ac
tion:  Imperial Southern Cross (16 Energy) - Six rapid stabs, followed by a powerful finishing thrust at the opponent. X14
ID:170545  BD: 5 + 6=11 HIT
22x14=308 -75=233

[H:0] Mari HP 1610/1610  | EN: 141/158 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 6 | BH: 83 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 | -16 EN
[H:2] Freyd - HP:1425/1425 | EN:124/141 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:7 | BH:64 | TxV:24

Hrym HP: 0/2000 | DMG: 300 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 75 - Blight [24 - 1/2] Bleed [24 - 1/2] Env [12 - 3/4]  - 233 DAM

Edited by Mari

Now that the first boss was down after Mari's final hit, Chase let out a deep sigh. When he thought of a dungeon that Shield and the rest would need help with, he expected more of a challenge than just bosses they'd whack until they died before his turn even came a second time. Whatever. He knew that they would need some coordination, and based on what he'd heard, the second boss would be preferrably getting stunned all the time and stopped dead in its tracks. He quickly moved over to his inventory and started to look for the gear that... ugh, Freyd, had identified for him. In there, he found the ancient blade that seemed to have a paralytic effect, good enough for him. Now, how well he could put a broken blade to use was another question, but the time to find out would come when it would. For now, he switched out his Blizz' Embrace for the newer sword, holding it in his hands and trying to get familiar with it. In the meantime, his head looked up at the rest who seemed to be getting ready for the next bout, grinning slightly. "... Wait, what about a cap-"

It all stopped being happy and nilly willy as soon as the boat crashed into some rocks. Nobody was left to steer it, and a whirlpool emerged from right under, sending everything into a chaos. Before he could reach out for any of his team members, they all got sucked right in and passed out. Unsure how long it had been, Chase got up once he came around again, groaning and looking to see... fog. There was nothing but fog, and nobody that he could spot anywhere around him. This was already worrying enough as is... He began to look, asking in hopes that he'd get a response. "Can you hear me? Mari? Shield? Are you there?"

[Chase switches out Blizz' Embrace for Fragmented Blade.]

Spoiler

ChaseR - HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 111/120 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 61 | HOLY: 6 | PARA: 8-10 | V.(DEF): 61 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]

Edited by ChaseR

The party easily defeated the giant, but alas that left Naglfar without its helmsman, moreover a whirlpool appeared and began to ravage the already weird boat construction, ripping it to shreds while sucking down everyone, every living soul and abandoned soul, forced down into the water. The howls of the trapped souls spread all around the area, blood curdling screams of horror, mixed in with some cerberus howling. Belphegor wasn’t too fond of the water, it wasn’t his best element, it kept extinguishing his flames, which was a core part of him, the three heads kept on wailing, but Macaroon ain’t got no time to wait for that.

“We have to go now!” he roared out and tugged on Belphegor’s chain. The knight still fully clad in armor executed a swan dive into the whirlpool and let his body be dragged wherever it wanted them to go. He was being thrown back and forth by the strong current, he couldn’t call out to anyone under water, all he could do was to try and follow the debris from the ship’s hull. After way too much time underwater, it was like Macradon was knocked out, perhaps from the “loss of air” he had digitally experienced from the whirlpool. As he awoke in a cavernous throne room, the knight would try to sneak out to the side edge of the lake that would lead up to the throne, hiding in the shadows and darkness, away from sight. He quickly got his HUD up and wrote a message to the party.

Hey there all, I hope you all made it.
I’m still alive, I’m still here, to the left, behind the rocks and pillars.
- Macradon

<Macradon has entered Stealth>

ID: 170568
CD: 10 -> Recovery Proc!
LD: 12+5 -> 17 Stealth Rating!

Macradon - HP: 1805/1805 | EN: 185/189 | MIT: 107 | DMG: 25 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | REC: 6 | HLY: 12 | VMP: 180 | FTR: 36(21) | FRAR: 6[2] | PHS | 90 BH

As the whirlpool ripped the deck out from under Shield's heavy boots, he felt himself falling. Cold water swallowed him up and as he felt his consciousness fade, he was vaguely aware of something long and eel-like undulating its coils through the water towards them. Blackness overtook his sight and his mind, and when he awoke, only shards of the ship and the wails of its occupants remained. Debris and ash surrounded them on all sides. With no indication of what direction to move, it seemed more productive to go somewhere rather than nowhere. Dragging himself upright, Shield struck out directly ahead of where he was facing. "I'm assuming the game will either generate the next location in whatever direction we move or else start dropping clues where to go."

In a matter of minutes, a ghostly marble structure rose from the horizon, looming at the edge of their vision. Knowing the time crunch they were in, he picked up his pace, closing the distance as quickly as he could reasonably do. Pillars lines the open structure on either side as they entered, and opposite them stood a great marble throne. Seated sideways on it, her legs dangling carelessly over an armrest, was a proud and beautiful woman. Her long hair obscured the features on the right side of her face, but one would assume they were just as lovely as those they could see. She swiveled on her rear and descended from the throne, padding barefoot over to them.

She extended her arms to the players gathered before her, but as she did so, a wind slid quietly by them, moving the long locks of her hair back just enough to show a dead, rotting visage that had been hidden behind. Her gentle smile crinkled into a sneer. Like candles flaring to life, the glowing spectral forms of several men materialized around the throne, their ankles shackled by shining, translucent chains to the throne itself. Shield swung his blade, another red sphere bursting from the tip and soaking into Beat's body like he was a sponge.

[Pre-Combat] - Out of Combat Healing [+45 HP]

Action: Sharpness > Beat [-12 EN]

[H:0] Mari HP 1610/1610  | EN: 141/158 | DMG: 22 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 6 | BH: 83 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 | -16 EN
[H:0] Beat HP1225/1225 | EN: 109/120   | MIT: 3      | DMG 26(29)  | Absolute ACC: 8 | EVA: 0 | BH: 24 | Conc (0/3) | QChange (0/3) Sharpness [2/3]
[H:0] ChaseR - HP: 1230/1230 | EN: 111/120 | DMG: 18 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 6 | MIT: 43 | BH: 61 | HOLY: 6 | PARA: 8-10 | V.(DEF): 61 | HBS: 16 | LD: 2 | PARRY [-/2]
[H:0] Freyd - 
HP:1425/1425 | EN:124/141 | DMG:26 | MIT:79 | EVA:2 | ACC:4 | KEEN:1 | HLY:6 | FLN:6 | LD:7 | BH:64 | TxV:24
[H:0] Macradon - HP: 1805/1805 | EN: 178/189 | MIT: 107 | DMG: 25 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 4 | REC: 6 | HLY: 12 | VMP: 180 | FTR: 36(21) | FRAR: 6[2] | PHS | 90 BH
HP1821/1850 | EN: 160/176 | MIT: 226 | DMG: 2 | EVA: -1 | BH:92 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4

Hel - HP: 3000/3000DMG: 400 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 50

Spoiler

Jailer of the Damned [Passive] - Chained Soldiers [3/3 - Hel unkillable until 0. Post action to restore health at 50% HP]
To Valhalla - [stun, paralysis, freeze OR heal action allows collective LD roll [Total needed: 40] to free one soldier.

Edited by Shield