Jump to content

[PP-F26] An Empirical Matter <Scouting the 26th floor>


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Letting everyone banter to each other while they figured out what to do next, the hunter seemed to be left alone.  Baldur and Lessa seemed to know each other from quite some time ago.  The hunter remembered that Baldur was quite well known before they met.  How far back did Hirru go?  The hunter couldn't say for certain, as there as a point where even he couldn't remember much.  It was still fuzzy..

Spoiler

"̷̡̝̹͎̮̩̮̎̈W̷̜̫̥̬͚̃̅̿͒͜e̶̛̲̯͍͍͉̜̰̦̋̿̕ ̴̨͍̠͍̲̺̪͚̬͑̓̈̅̐͠j̶̡̯̜͚͈̞̘̿͘͝ų̸̱̘̻̾̿̀̈́͘͝͝s̸̙͉̠̣̽̄̀̋̂͂͌t̷̺̼̦͙̼̓̌ ̴̧̨̲͖̭̤̤̯͗̀̈̔͛͘d̸̹̖̻̼̞͑̄̍̍r̴̙̥̙̰̠̣͓̘̾ͅa̶̘̯̮̟̞̱̱̎̆̈́̑̀̇̇g̷̡̡̻̝͇̯̘̺͓̎̾ǵ̷̻͙̯̈́͌̃ȩ̸̛͉͍̙̫̘͕͙͇͂͐̎̄́̾̐̕ḓ̵̠͍̺̻̪̯͑͐͊̈́̿̚͝͠ ̵̳̰͓̲̪̠͓̰͗̿̅͋s̶̪̙̳̻̙̥̺͛͜o̴̼̎̅̋̏́̀m̶̤̯͇̎e̸̼̘͋o̵͇͙̹̙͈̥̪͑̾ņ̵̺̻̰̦̮̇́͆͒e̶͉̕͜ ̵̧̭͍̖͔̽̑́̂́̋̓̈́͠f̸͈̟̻̞́̌̎̾r̶̼̈́̍̇ó̴͎̭̙͎̰̀̆̀̈́̓͘ḿ̵̢͈̲̬̩͚̺̎͗͐̈́͠ ̶̺̲̖͉̍̽t̸̨̯̝͂̽̒ͅh̵̙̩͇̮͓͇̩̲͇̿̿̏̽e̷͈̹͔̳̦̊͑̈́͝ ̵̻͚̱͙͋m̶̧̘̳͙̌̓̃͗ä̴̧̧̩̹͍́̾̿̓̑͘ỉ̵̗̬̩͈̣̻̈́̂͗̊̕͠n̶̡̹͉̖̲̗̭͂̀̍̀̕̚̚͝͝ ̸̢̪̲͚̥͕̦̞͊͐̋̍̀̓̅̄͠s̷̡̡͉͚͕̯̣͈̈́̎͗̈́̃͝͝q̷̡̦̼̖̹̖̻̹̗̂̉͝u̶͕͙̲̓̌̄̈́̓͛̍͘̚a̵̝͙͑̅͊̽͛̕͘r̶̮͊͆͗͑̈́͝͝ͅͅe̴̛̼̻͑̎̀ ̵̛̰̭͉̙̙̉̾̍̐̇͂̚̚t̸̪͔͒̈́̋ơ̵̜̟̙͕͚͉̳̈̒̀ ̸̳̾͐̒͘͝o̶̱̙̜̪̝̔̀̋͜u̵͚̪̥͓͙͐͌̈͂̏̏̂r̶̪̃̈́͋̈̋̓́̐ ̵̧̢̹̯̍͛̊́̿̽̍͘͘r̶̺͔̫͈̼̟̘̭̖̄ǒ̴̬͓̙̼̐̂͜ͅơ̵̡͕͈̭͌͒̊̃̃̀̂̕m̸̡̮̝̓̈̇̊͋̈́͆̏ͅ.̷̨̣͕͚̔̾̍̈́̂̕ ̶̛̲͕́̓̾͂́ ̵̨̟̘̰̃͌Ẅ̴͖̣̤͍́̒͑ͅh̵̡̹̖̯̪̣̠̎͘͠ͅͅỷ̸̛̰̥͈̠̱͙̙͐͆?̴̡͚̤͕͍̮̠͍̂́"̵͔̲̜͇̥̯̫͚̻͗
̴̢̥͎̦͗
̶̛͎͔̰̠̻̠͕̽̒͜"̸̡̥͚̘̮͐̒̐̎͋̀H̷̘̠͇̱̼͎͗̈́̆ȩ̸̮̫̘̲͌͛̈́̂͊̈́͠ ̸̺̠̱͂l̷̺͖͔̯̠͖̍ô̷̧͉͎̜͂̒̑̄̋͒̕o̶̫͐̋͜ͅķ̴̯̼͍̙̃͐̍͐̀͠ȩ̷̞̲͎͗̅́̿̂͝ḓ̵̹̮̹̤̌̓̌͑̊́̚ ̶̣͍̥̭͇̘̙͌̈l̸͙͉̫̐̐͆̉̉̓͛͋͠í̷̹͖̻̤̝͜k̵̯̩̓̇͌̓͑̂͒̒ë̶͓̠͕́̉͗̂͑̕̚̚ͅ ̷̨̖̲̲͑̓̇̍̅͝ḧ̶͕͖͚͈̦͙̬̝́̇é̴̜̗̬̒̅̒̋̃͗̆͜͝ ̸̘̖̞̳͕͒̇̏̿͂͋͝n̸̢̧̡̘̝͇̥̮̺͛͋̅̈́̚͝e̶͖̯͉̣̪̱̻̒̌͊̕͠è̵͔̥̰̞̭̜̦͂̈̊̕ͅd̴̡̻̭̰̘̆é̵͇̬̎͗͠d̷̜͚̼̟̫́̔̈́̌̚͝ ̴̩̹͔̔́̀̏́̾͠h̸̨͎̝͓̘̖̳̤̮̅̎̽̄̈́͑͝e̸̡̧̤̩̹͖̓͑̅̑̿̈́͛͠ļ̴̛̘̳̼͚͆̋͗́̊́̔̊͜p̸̺͓̘̺͝.̵̢͉͓̩̣̘́̕͜ͅ ̴̻̹̈́͛͂͌̄̎͛́ ̸̜̒̉͛̂̈́͛̌ ̴̛͖̦͚̜̱͋̈́̂̀͜T̵͔̤͖́h̵̡̻̣͖̗̿̈́̑͌̚͝a̵̢̫͙̜̮̜͖̞̅͆̃̈́ţ̶̤͊̂̒̇̍̉̈'̸̛̲͉͖̯͇̹͎̈͜͝s̵̥͓͘ ̴̘̻͓̮͖͓̣̏̇̒́͒͜w̶͇̔̎́h̵̩̜̭̣̟̃̐̀̐̇̆̍͋̕͜͜y̸̢͖͒̈́̃̈́̀̏̀.̶̧̺̺́̇"̵͙̅̄̈́ͅ
̴͔̀̉͐
̴̛̺͔̍̽̿̔͜"̵̧̞̮̼̗̰͖̍̽͗͋̋̿̏͋H̴̢͍͓̳͍͔̥͈̯́̾͠͠e̷̛̝̟͙͌ ̴̼̣̂̓̊̕͠l̸̢̧̤͖͓͖̜̩̽̋͊͗͗̽͝͝ò̵̜̀͜o̴͈͙̐͂̄͐͝k̴̼̍ś̶͚͕͐̒̄̓͂́͘͝ ̷̧̡̞̘̱̿̄b̵̦̝̲̿̀̒̌̑̓̐r̷̻͓͇̰̂͛ͅa̴̬̯̘̞̯̺̹̥͊̊́́̑̾̇̕̚i̵̙̣̘͖̳͍̓͋͜ǹ̷̫͖̪̦͎̂̆͋͛̍́ͅ ̴̬̮̉̈́̋̉̽͒̏d̶͍̼̗̀̈́̔̀̒͝ͅe̶̯͈͇͍̩̺͈̮̽̐ͅä̸̢̤̗̼̮̬͉̪́̃̅͝͝d̷̳͓̜̫̟̠͈̅ͅ.̸͓̇̈́̅͂͛̅̂̕̚ ̸͓̀ ̸̫͓͎͔̊͒͗̈́̃̐͠Ẉ̷̢͓̆̿̽̌̓̑͋͐͒ǫ̷̝̲͓̗̗͉̆̓̃́ṳ̸̭̂̈́̇̎͂̕̚l̴̨̨̪̼͚̲̜̣̓d̸̙̙̖̝̜̤̕͜͜͝n̵̪̣͈̘͖̮̝͒̒͑ͅ'̸̮͚͈̭̹̘͐̾͌̒͝͝ṫ̶̲͉̜͖͚̄͘̚͝͠ ̵͎̭̦̩̟̇́͑͆̍͝t̷̼̀̌̈͆̈͗̑ḣ̷̡̛̦͎̰̯͎̙́̋̋̾e̵̛̘̤̫͈̽̒̄͐͊̌ ̵̨̲͑̈̏͑̇̍͝͝s̴̢͇͒͛̌͂͊̌̆̉͜͝ý̷͚s̷̘͋̑̊͊̐̒́͜t̴͉̺͈͑̿͘ȅ̸̢̲̫̝͓͎̙̩͗̀̈́m̵̢̨̝̣͔̠̞͒̾̋ ̵̯̤̫̱̍͌̽k̴̢̡͕͈͛̌̓̿ì̷̠l̶͉͖̘̱͋͛̒̍͘͜l̵̨̀͘ ̷̧̫̤͈̳̻̙̓̇́͑̇͛͐̕h̷͖̰͕̳̯̪͌͒̐̊̈́̏ï̵̥̳͔͍̬̐̂̍͒̈́̈̿̋͜m̷̢͎͙̎́͗̎͝ͅ ̵͓͐o̷̧͚͈̎͒̔̿̈́ͅͅf̸͚͙̼̞̪̟̹̲͘f̸̰̟̰̠̮̗̈́͐̀̕ ̴̡̼͆̊̽͐́̅͊̚̚à̸̜̺̯̠̝̟̐́̓ḻ̸̛̦͓͕̌̍̈́̕͝ȓ̸̝̬̼͈͋e̷̲̰͚̯̹̮̎̏̓͋̇͠a̵̛̼̔͋̈̓̕ď̸̛͍̖̓̉̂͋ŷ̶͔͕̘̘͇͈͕͇͚̒?̵̡͈̦͙̦̰̥͙̆̒"̶̮̺̟̫͙̇͛̏́̈͜͜͠
̵̙͔͚͊̇̃̂ͅ
̷̧̨̲͇̭͖̊͑̂͘"̸͇͎̆̕ͅĨ̶̬̩̼͉͉̜̦̤͜͝ ̴͙͙̦̦̬̏̆͝ḑ̶̧̢̡̛̘̮͈̉ȏ̷̞͍̟̀̽̓͝͠n̵̼̙̻̲̻̣̈̈̿̓͘'̶̦̘̯̃̂̐͗̉̒͊̓͝t̶̳͐̐͘̕͝ ̷̘͙̼͍̜̌̋̇̒̂̒̚͜͝k̵̮͉̞̬̞̐͑͆̋̆͆̽̅̇n̵̠̅̃͒̒̓̀͗o̵̡̢̼͔̥̜͚͐̐w̵̨͎͙͔̲̺̓̅̅͊̊̚͝.̴̙̮̳̮̦̦̾̑̾̄̾̎͌͂͝ ̵͙̀̃̓̀̉́ ̶̭̟̫͇́͌͆͒̕Ỵ̴̚ö̷̢̡̥͔̖̤̪̙́͆͑͗ͅư̵̡̨̰̞͑̏̏͆́ͅ ̷̠̺̘͍͕̣͔̺̌̓́̔̒̒̄w̷̛̘̬̆̒̉̑ơ̷̢̖̗̲͖̩͒̐̈́͑̚͘͝ų̵̛͚̪̤̺̄̾͂̐͐̀̚̚l̵̙̹͚̞͈̳̪̱̺͒̽͑ḑ̵̢͔̮͙͕͉̺͂̽̅̎̂͠͝͠ ̶͕̈́̄͒̚͘͝ṯ̵̢̙͉̗̰́́̈̊̈͆̃͜ḣ̷͙̖͛̃͌̆̄̾͠i̵͉̪͍̕͠ṇ̷͉̻͓̦͓̾ķ̸͚̳̩̥̺̟͐̓̉̐͛̾͝ ̵̥̻̠̇̀̑̈́̋t̴̹͚̝̃͂̚͝h̴̛̩̩̾̊̔͝a̴̛͎͈̬͔͋t̴͎̟͕̓̋͝ ̶̡̜̻̺̮̊t̵̡́̄́̐̓͑̾̀͊h̷͙̖̫̦̍̓̎̚ȋ̷͇͖̭̜̪͕̮̥͉̎n̶̟̱̭̦̆͂͂́͗̈́́̕ĝ̸͕͙̟͓s̷͚͔̣͉̋̆̆̌ ̶̳̭͔̓̒̉͆͒̍͠w̶̬͈̮̞̒͆̓̽́̚o̶̼̠̥̟͖̗͗͜ủ̷͈̠̜̃̽̃̊̇̿̎̾l̴̨̪̺̼̳̉̓̈́̂̃ḑ̷̧͎̼̼̮̝̗̈́͛̐ ̵̘͕̯̲̮̪̿͛͑̽̃̀̄̂ẁ̷̱̗͆̀̉̔̑̚ơ̸͖̘̠͉͔̠̾͊̊̋̀́̏̋r̵̥̦͔͐̑̊̀́̓͝k̵̟̾̎̈́̆̋́͌ ̷̯͂͂͆̈̚o̵̪͙͖̹̳̖̐͐̄̓̇̊u̸͖͙̜̳̍̾͆t̵̢̗̦̞̟͖͗̇͗̂̿́ͅͅ ̵̖͉̟̮̽̆̔̎̆l̷͚͋̒̔͂̋͑í̴̢̹͖͕̤̠̠͍̜̓̊͊͒̾̐k̸̳͑̔͋͊͘é̷̲͎̰̝̪̣̍̏͊̈́̑͘ ̷̘̗̖̬͉̮̣̂t̶͕̯̹̮̮̯͂̆̈́͝h̴̛̲̲̰͈̾̆̈́̽͠ä̵̬́t̵̛͎̯̜̭̖͋̽̀̽̍̓͒͜,̶̛̝̖̟͍̉́̇ͅ ̶̢̯̦̐̈́̃̅́̄h̵̫̃͒̔̎̌ų̴̧̙͇̟̭̖̯̰͐͂̈̅̔ḧ̸͎̬̭͌̎͐́̽̄͊ͅ.̵̩̟͈̞̣̟̻̃̂̚"̶̮̥̣͎̲̽͑
̴̈̎̀̔̏͂̇̕͜͜
̶̗̪͑͌̃̓̾̓̾͂"̵̺͚͓̺͓́̈́S̸̨̰̼͓̼͉̳̭̎͛̎͆͠ö̴̧̱̱̫̞͉̜̭́̏̓̀͆̉̈́̈ ̶͎͖́͊̔̐̊͂̿̇̋t̷̥͇̼̜̟͖̔̏͆̔̋͗̇̚͠ḩ̵̧̜̬̜̜̬̟̮͌͠a̴̧͕͙͈̹̦̣̺̔̒t̶̨̧̗̣͍͓͈͑ ̵̢͂̏̿̈́͋͂̉͝m̶̘̼̠̜̎̐̍́͂̅͛͘̚ȩ̷̲͇́̕a̸̢̺̍͑̽̑͜ͅņ̵̣̗̦͚̺͙̀̏͂͘͘ś̵̻̊,̴̫̓̔̾̂͋͘ ̴͙̤͋̀͊͌y̶̗̦̘̪̫̲̓̑̎̈́́͝ȏ̶͎̐̔̽̍̓ụ̸̖̣͔̮̿̚ ̵͎͔̾ȑ̴̨̨̮̺̫͙̣e̵̜̼͐́̐a̶̧͔̞̎̊̐̄̄͛̾͘͝l̸̪̹͘l̷̨͚̹̗̮̂͒̏͜y̸̢̤͔͕̪̳̬͂̋͌ ̷̯̗̳̳́̈́̂͝d̶̜̗̈̕͠͝ô̶̢̢̼̞͍̳̞̲̻̅͆̔̈́́ ̶̨͔̭̄̓͒̑̌̅͋̌͝ḧ̷̭̜̭̫̃̈͌̚ͅa̶̡̢͚̤͓̭̹̔͊͜v̴͖̟̙̪͓͌̎͑̋̕͝e̶͉̗̺̘̞̻̓ ̶̨̞̣̠̻̬̣̥͔̒͛t̷̡̯̯̞̘̰̅̅̌̒̒̿o̴͚̲̿̋͝ ̶͈͉͍͎̓́͘d̷̨͖͈͉̬̃̋̇̚͝͝ĩ̶̛̺̤̿͆̕͝ę̸͓̗͇̺̝͙̬̇̉̿̚ ̴̪̳̬̏͛͊͐͑͜i̴̛͖̹͕ņ̷̡̞̗̠̮̼̗́̅̀͝ͅ ̷̨̥̠͓͙̤̅̋͝g̶̡̼̅a̵̛͎͜m̸̧̗̍̍e̷̢̥͖̟͎̠͇͇͑̄̆͂̍͌͋̽ ̶̢͕̙̙͈͚̣̻̀͊̇͛̌͂͐͝ẗ̴̞̜̬̮̠̤͕̞̱́͋́̚ö̴̻̝̼͋̆͌̒̿̄̀̽ ̶͎̞̂̋̚͠ḏ̵̨̳̭͕͍̻̂̋í̸̡̛̲̲̜̲̤̳̞̍́̎͝͝ê̴͈̮̩̘͝ ̶̢̧͎̫̰̐̽i̵̺͠n̸̡̢̢̮̠̙͌̍̽ ̵̜͖̻͆̌͗́̿̊̇͂r̵̡͖̪̘̜̱̙̘̼͋̔͗͛ȇ̸̲̬͎̖̜͔̜̪̅̅̊̏́ͅa̵̤͉̜̝̋̃́l̶̩͊ ̴̡̨̳̳̲͇͖̫̪̀̃̚̚͝ḷ̵̮̩̠̘̦̌͆̓̾̇͜i̴̧̡̺̩͈͕̥̾͐͌̅̐͗̉f̸̖̤͑̅ḙ̶̹͎͎̫̺͚̤͒̆̊.̷̢̘̩̆̔͠ ̸̯̼̪͖͐̉̕ ̷͔̰͓͔̟̞͉̃͋͌̽͝J̵̻͗͗̌̌ų̶̗̺͔̝̼̀̽̒͗̉̓s̵̢̢̜͖̯͇̗̹̟̓t̴̩͋̓̈́̆̂ ̶̨̪̟͓̝̫̙̬̓̿̒̇͠b̵̝͔̮̱̑̍̏̈́ë̵͔̮̟́̀͌i̷̛͕̥͂̈́̋̇̋̏͆͆ņ̶̞̠̩͎̪̟͙͊̂͜͝ģ̴̨̻͍̠̈́̽̂ͅ ̸̨̻͖̣͓̼͖̈́̈́̎̋̇̔͘̕͜͝b̶̡͎̙͖̜̘̦̝̜͛̆̆̅̓́͐r̴̡̡͊̿̃̽͒̚ͅȁ̸͓̥̬̭̹̘͇̱i̷͕͋̑͋̈́͌͐̇̽ǹ̷͔͚̜͊͗̆̿̓̚̚͝ͅ ̷̨̛̰̰̼̈́̅̓d̶̜̙̤̯̘͚̰̦͋̊̈́̏́̓͗͘e̶̢̺͉͉͛̓̒́̕a̶͖̮̮̗̭͖͚̽̈́͘͜d̶͔̺̹͕̝̂̍ ̸̡̛͗̈̍́̒͗͝ḍ̶̯̺̲̭̝͍͚̈́͋̽̅͐ǫ̸̬̮̜̻̗̹̻̍́̃e̸̛̫̹̯̋͒̓s̸̻̮̩̺̯̐̊͋̏̕ǹ̸̨͓̬͚̆͂͆̕͘'̶̡̩̮͙͓͊̍̈́̐̚͠t̷̟̩̍̑̕ ̸̩͚͇͕̬̈́̄̀̈͂̌̑͘ḑ̵̢̺͙̼̠̬͎̄̒̿͆͋͘͠͝ó̴͔̋ ̶̥͙̍͊̑̓̌̚͘i̷̞͙͍͎̤͓͛̽̓͐̃͗̕t̷̢̡̳͛̓͜.̶̧̖̜͚̙͙͖̮̩̇̆̆̇̏̽̓̔̽"̶̨̻͖̩͖̜̳̭̆̾͘ͅ
̷̬̜͍͙͎͑̋͆ͅͅ
̶̨̣͙͎̪̜̣̙̄͌̈́́̌͊̾̀"̸͓͌̔̂̈́T̸̛̻̺̗͗̓̕͘̕͠ͅh̸̬̥̤͍͙̣͈̞͑ǎ̶̺͊͒̉̃̈́͆͘͘t̶̳̾ ̴̧̥͓̣̌̎j̵̧̣̖̤̥̼̮̽ů̷̠͍ͅṡ̶̨̭̜͎̼̿̒t̷̫͉̩͇͖̜̔͆̋͂̽̔̚ ̶̩̫̲̞̞̐̔̎̊̈́̋̕ḅ̵͎͌̒̐́̚e̸͓̭̪̜̦̫̤̱͋̌̅͛͜g̶͎̙͛̌̆͋͜s̶̯̗̹̹̼̗̥̣̻̈́͋͑̿͛͑͠ ̸̧̨̋̏͆̿̎̈́̕͝t̵̜̦̝̳̜̹͇̫͋h̸̙̬̓͐ę̵̨̣̖̲̥͓͎̿̂̐ ̶̧̢͓̖̬͇͙͖̾͜͝q̸̢̲͚̯͍̫̱͒̀̎̋̂̈́̚ͅų̶̝̃́̂̈́̈́͘̚͝ͅe̴̎̓̊͐̈́͘͜s̴͓̩͈̦̘̯̆̂̋̌̊̃̚t̶̻̞͉͚̾̀͠͝i̷̱̞̣̯̳͍̎͊͒͛̅͋͒̀o̸͎̖̦͐͂̌̃̆͘n̶̨̛̺̪̤̞͚̙̫͍͂̈̾͛̂̄͐̐.̸̻̥͓̠̳̜̦̔̂̓̀̀̚͠ ̵͓̆̂̽ ̴̻͛̇͋̈͊̇̅͠H̵̨̠̝̲̠̩̤̾̈͝ȏ̶̲̻̤̫̦̙̈͜ŵ̴̧̳̫̘̜̝̔ ̴̡̝̞̟̭͓̩̞̋̊͒́͝ḍ̴̢̬̖̯̌̅̅͂̐̕ḯ̸͇̣͍̺̉̈́̚d̷͉͎̮͎̈́̌͗ ̵̛̥͇͎̟̗̊͋͋̀͌̏͂̎h̷̨͚͈̠̮͇̮͉͐̔̚͜é̵̢͍͓̯̯͑ͅ ̵̫̣̈͛̀̉̀e̵͉̮̤͚̲͒͂̕͜n̴̨͗̍̒̀̅̒͋ḑ̶̗̭͎̫͙̪̑̍̅̈͗ ̵̡̟͎̥̗̩́̽̌̄́͛̌͆͝ȗ̴̙̮̄̓̃̈͗̊͋̃p̸͚̗͉̀ ̴͔̤̳̞̌̏h̶͖̩͉̲͆͒ḝ̵̦̩̗̫̪̓̍̓͘r̶͗̈́͐͠ͅẹ̸̥̦̝͎͂̔̇̂͘͝?̶̪̟͕͒͐̇͂̽̊"̴̧̩̘̔̅̀̇̀

too fuzzy.  He could only assume he was there at the beginning, where everyone else was.  Maybe, interaction with more people would help, but that would take time.  It worked with Hestia.  Maybe, it will work with Mac.  He looked to the knight in his formal wear, and the colors of the suit shut Hirru up.  Those colors were once a proper uniform and form of being for the hunter.  The KoB were his family and home for so long, even before when the Crimson Blades were first created.  His heart was torn to leave the guild.  So hard that he fell into a cold state of depression, as Hirru kept a small glimmer of hope, thinking that he would be forgiven.  That everything would be okay.  It wasn't until after the 'Storm' that he took it upon himself to seek the forgiveness, or at least, seek the consequences that he deserved for his actions.  That has given him a new goal to seek out each player that he wronged, and speak to them about it.  Talk it out the best he could.  Let them know.. why it all happened.

His mind was pulled back to reality from listen to Night, Cro, and Mac talk.  They seemed to deduce that some underground caverns or sewers were the proper way to go.  That would require finding some slums or peasant quarters that could link to the underworld.  Cro even suggested, as he pointed them all out, to talk to the children around the area.  Maybe they would know something.  Baldur furthered that to trying the children of the slums.

"We let's see what we can do to get some information out of the kids."

The hunter didn't really want to deal with the children.  He already lost everything from one child.  He didn't need to work around more, but this was gonna be required.  Walking close to one of the alleyways, he stood beside it before peering around.  Two boys seemed to fall backwards from surprise.  One of them got back up and was immediately defensive.

"Hey, watch w;ere yer goin, huh!"

The other one, a more timid lad, seemed to be hiding behind the other one.

"Please don't hurt us."

They both seemed to be rather ragged, but the holes in their clothes were patched up fairly well.  Their hair was partially well kept, but the black stains upon their skin would portray a harsher environment to live in.

"Excuse me?  Didn't mean to scare you.  Just wondering if you know of any weird or fun places to play or hide in.  This place seems far too noisy, and I could use a quieter place."

Hirru was taking a whim here, and it was probably going to backfire.  He wasn't much for subtlety, and it was costing him now.  He has tried to keep things simple for the boys

Spoiler

198394 - LD: 10+14=24

Hirru: 24 (0/3 turns)
Baldur:
Night:
Macradon:
Crozeph:
Lessa:

Total LD: 24/150

 

Edited by Hirru
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NIGHT wasn't hoping to have left Crow's side so soon, not when he was just about to speak about their friend's unrest, but this matter seemed more pressing from the outset. To begin speaking with a random kid off the streets felt like such a catapult in the dark. The player wasn't too certain if she could've found herself on board with the plan... except for the fact that her party members had already decided to move on with the decision to ambush two of them.

Just kidding. Though the confrontation did startle her just as much as the boys they'd halted. 

Hirru was the first to speak to them, and it was something telling to her his apparent familiarity with these children; even though they were strangers, he treated them no differently than any other entity running about the streets. Strange, just as much as the thought of it was comforting. Wouldn't youth be better approached gently, clandestinely?

She'd squatted by Hirru's position, hoping to bring her eye level down to the boys' own. Arms tucked in where her stomach was, pressing her in. NIGHT wasn't too sure if she was going off of behaviours that appealed more to cats or to kids, but given a scared creature, perhaps they all obeyed the same rules subconsciously. "Quieter is one hell of a descriptor," the woman shot back, half-jokingly, before letting her gaze return to the NPCs. "We're just looking to get in touch with a different avenue of people. That's all." 

"The food up here's not all that great for light coin purses, for example."

With a few button presses, she'd unveiled a small amber pouch, offering it to the children with a tentative hand. Half of her almost wanted to shoot back a look towards Crow, expecting her companion to be on board with the appeal of food. The other wanted to remain certain her associates weren't ruffled by the idea of bribing children — imagine the reputation. But NIGHT stayed the course with a portion of her wallet extended to the boys.

"Street food. For my friends looking for something more to their palettes. Restaurants are all we've seen up here; know anywhere we may be able to get some?"

Spoiler

ID198399 | LD: 18+16=34

  • Hirru: 24 (0/3 turns)
  • Baldur:
  • NIGHT: 34 (0/3 turns)
  • Macradon:
  • Crozeph:
  • Lessa:

Total LD: 58/150

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was nice, his party members had begun to socialize as the entire entity walked through the slums. There were a few added comments towards their next actual step to find the labyrinth, and as Hirru began inquiring the populous, Macradon followed suit. The Jade Hunter tried to calm down the kids while Macradon stood behind him, glaring at the kid that stood up to them, but he didn’t advance, he just stood there, menacingly.

NIGHT was quick to join in and try to calm the kids, something that Macradon wasn’t too keen on, nor was he any good at it. Calming down others didn’t seem to be a skill he had, his empathy quotient was probably lower than the average, but with how he had been feeling lately, that made a lot of sense.

With what he expected of the woman, her incoming decisions weren’t something Macradon had thought of her to do, but Macradon just stood behind her and scoured at the children, nodding his head for them to accept the bribe. Macradon kept his silent demeanor up towards the children, staying stagnant at his position while waiting for the children to come with any directions for the party to venture to. For now, Macradon would be the intimidating cop with his two good cops.

Spoiler

ID: 198417 | LD:10+14=24

  • Hirru: 24 (0/3 turns)
  • Baldur:
  • NIGHT: 34 (0/3 turns)
  • Macradon: 24 (0/3 turns)
  • Crozeph:
  • Lessa:

Total LD: 82/150

 

Edited by Macradon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing that they were forming a group of more adults than children, Baldur decided he would lead himself and Lessa off to another group, to see if less intimidating numbers might help the information flow more freely.

"You're good with kids Lessa, let's see if we can get some of them to reveal the best hiding spaces."

The gaijin samurai's eyes still held the steel blue, a subtle tell that he was still keeping an eye out for any danger they might face, rather than the ocean his eyes usually reserved for their walks. It was only a short ways down the alley, still in sight of the other group, when Baldur and Lessa found what appeared to be a pair, perhaps brother and sister? The boy seemed shy and hungry, while the older sister had a fire in her eyes that reminded him of Lessa at times. They both had a muddy brown hair that seemed to show bits of red in the sunlight.

"Ohayo, little ones." Baldur said with a smile imposed on his face. "How are you two doing today?" Baldur lowered himself down, putting his right knee down in a deliberate stance that meant he was ready for a fight in a heartbeat, but to the untrained eye, such as the children, it was a friendly gesture.

"I think I have a little bit of food here if you'd like some." Baldur broke open one of his field rations, took a bite, and then offered some to the kids as well as Lessa.

@Lessa

Spoiler

ID: 198435 | LD:10+3=13

  • Hirru: 24 (0/3 turns)
  • Baldur: 13 (0/3 turns)
  • NIGHT: 34 (0/3 turns)
  • Macradon: 24 (0/3 turns)
  • Crozeph:
  • Lessa:

Total LD: 95/150

 

Edited by Baldur
Link to post
Share on other sites

"I-I guess so," she replied, somewhat shakily. It had been a while since she had interacted with children, and she had never expected to do so while searching for a boss room. But Baldur might be on to something, and besides, this was her first time. Who was to say that asking children for directions wasn't what you were supposed to do?

Still, the blonde hung back a few paces while Baldur approached the NPCs. Dirt and grime caked their skin, and the faint sheen of grease in their hair spoke of infrequent bathing. Are they homeless? Or just a couple of kids playing outside together? Lessa had spent her younger years beneath a layer of mud, and personal hygiene had never been her strong suit. Even before Aincrad, her family had teased her about her aversion to showers. So was it possible she was just jumping to the worst conclusion? Maybe the children were fine and-

No. The way in which the boy grabbed wildly for the food, then cuddled it close to his sunken chest, said it all. The girl, on the other hand, was not so trusting.

"Don' eat that," she commanded, the fire in her voice causing him to immediately obey. While he looked like he wanted to inhale the bread, he froze, gazing wide-eyed at the girl. She rounded on Baldur. "We don' even know who y'are," she stated plainly. "Why should we tell you anythin', or eat your food?"

In spite of it all, Lessa felt a small smile tug at the corners of her lips. Fiery little thing. Kneeling beside Baldur, Lessa splayed her hands out in front of her. "You're right," she agreed, "you don't know us. I think you're very wise to be so cautious. But you're also hungry, and we have plenty of food." The Guardian plucked a piece out of Baldur's grasp, then popped it in her mouth. After chewing and swallowing, she offered the stubborn girl a warm smile. "See? It's okay. Just try some. We can talk after you've eaten."

Spoiler

ID: 198436 | LD:3+6=9

  • Hirru: 24 (0/3 turns)
  • Baldur: 13 (0/3 turns)
  • NIGHT: 34 (0/3 turns)
  • Macradon: 24 (0/3 turns)
  • Crozeph:
  • Lessa: 9 (0/3 turns)

Total LD: 104/150

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Food...

He has been eating before he even got to the meeting place, if it weren't for the bazaar triggering his hatred of too many people in one place he would be buying another basket of bread and two rolls of cheese to melt on it. Night already moved near Hirru as soon as the player found some children. Macradon even stood behind them as if he was trying to impress something "good cop, bad cop?" he thought. It would be nice if the children were a bit older, he himself wouldn't hesitate to be the bad cop and try to imitate Will Ferrell while he's at it.

"Oh right..."

He opened his inventory and pulled out a sack, it looked like the one used on potatoes but its contents are way beyond what potatoes can give to children. He walked towards Night and Hirru and grabbed a handful of candies out of it "I never thought this would come handy, it's hard to resist candies for them" he told the two. He scooped up one more handful and gave it to Macradon "try wearing the foil on your teeth, that might make them laugh" he said before giving a thumbs up secretly.

Crozeph turned his attention towards the crowd. Hirru was right, it's way too noisy but that was expected of such places. He began thinking of a way to find more clues if ever the children couldn't give one. 

He was part a team who sets up sound systems during college, maybe his mediocre skill that might have faded during his stay in Aincrad could help. He looked at the crowd and began doing it, isolating what he wants to hear.

some goods... damaged... profit... help
infestation?... nobles' fault... this place... curse... profitable
no sign of sickness... stolen goods... must be the children...

Too many voices but Crozeph seem to find some common grievances once he filtered out the sales talk and bartering that is happening. He then moved to @Baldur's side and tried to ask a weird question 

"Hey shisou, can a plague or infestation be made intentional?"

 

Spoiler

 

ID: 198437 | LD: 15 + 4 = 19

  • Hirru: 24 (0/3 turns)
  • Baldur: 13 (0/3 turns)
  • NIGHT: 34 (0/3 turns)
  • Macradon: 24 (0/3 turns)
  • Crozeph: 19 (0/3 turns)
  • Lessa: 9 (0/3 turns)

Total LD: 123/150

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Macradon kept his disgruntled look like a stone cold murderer waiting for the children to make a mistake while everyone else seemed to be doting the kids. Even the likes of someone like Crozeph went up for the less-money-bribe and offered what every kid wants from strangers, candy, tasty sweet candy, Macradon even got a small handful. The knight didn’t even doubt for a second before chucking a few into his mouth and began chewing … something was off … something was quite tough to eat.

“What the actual -” he thought before being cut off by Crozeph.

He opened up his mouth to show his mouth now covered in the silvery wrapper around his teeth “They have wrappers???” he said with a profound shock in his tone. For most he appeared as a clown trying to make up a gag or a bit to counteract his “bad-cop” vibes, but to those that truly knew him this was but another mindless action the knight had a habit of getting into.

MacBruhSquare.png.4fb4a2a0735a0ebe41b1012ace6e34a5.png

He blushed slightly before looking away from the others, averting his gaze from meeting anyone’s, focusing on the mangled cobblestone flooring. He fake chuckled and tried to act it out “Of course I knew they had wrappers, I’m just trying to be fun.” he said somewhat muffled while fishing out the tough candy wrappers now covered in saliva. He crushed them up and put them into his pocket until he could find a proper way of disposing of them, until then his pocket would be slimy like the giant peep he once devoured.

The children were obviously cautious of these weird strangers that had just appeared before them, now offering them money, food, and candy, it wasn't suspicious at all. While still fishing out bits of the foil form the candy he had gobbled up, Macradon would try to be a bit nicer now that his "bad cop" persona had been obliterated by being him. "We might look strange, we might look unfamiliar, but we ain't here for any trouble, don't worry." he said still trying to handle the candy in his mouth while also trying to follow up with Lessa's more calming approach. "If you're weary of us travellers, then how about I try to introduce myself. I'm Macradon, I work at a blacksmith in another town far from here, I craft weapons, armor, and whatever I can get my time to go by with, it's like a hobby."

Spoiler
  • Hirru: 24 (0/3 turns)
  • Baldur: 13 (0/3 turns)
  • NIGHT: 34 (0/3 turns)
  • Macradon: 24 (1/3 turns)
  • Crozeph: 19 (0/3 turns)
  • Lessa: 9 (0/3 turns)

Total LD: 123/150

 

Edited by Macradon
Link to post
Share on other sites

The two boys were starting to get rather worried when three new people came towards them.  The green haired one was still looking at them rather quizzically.  A young woman came around beside him, kneeling down to their level, and presented a pouch of col.  Another two men seemed to be presenting something different than coin.  There was a slight aroma coming from them, and it seemed to entice the younger, more quieter child.  The older boy felt his brother leave his side, the younger one seeming to reach out to the candy.  The older one grabbed his hand, but the gaze of the silver haired man behind the green haired one was giving him the harshest of gazes.  It would go away for a bit when the man was given the candy from before, and seemed to eat the candy; wrapper and all.  It made the younger boy chuckle a bit, and the older one was shifting his eyes from the coin purse, to the candy, to the faces of everyone.  The words from everyone seemed to slightly ease the older boy, but not by much.  A tug at his sleeve made him turn to his brother.

"Brother, they don't look like they would hurt us."

"We can't say t'at t'ey're not Inquisitors.  You remember Zashua, don't you."

The older brother, it seemed instantly caught his mouth before saying anymore.  The little one's eyes grew wide and shrunk back behind his brother.  There seemed to be something more at work than the hunter originally thought.  However, the children didn't seem to want to talk any more.  They slowly backed away before running around a corner.  The hunter would hold his arm out to halt anyone that tried to follow, except one.

"NIGHT, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you're a stealth based player.  Sorry to ask but, could you stealth up and follow them?  See if we can gain anything out of following the little ones.  If not, we're gonna be sitting on our butts about this, unless we find a better lead."

The hunter seemed to sigh before wondering what was really going on behind him.  He could not see Baldur or Lessa.  Did they go to seek information some place else?  Standing up to find Macradon behind him really startled, as he was not expecting him to be so close.  It seemed that Crozeph had got Mac to enact one of his little blunders.  It made the hunter feel slightly better that the Mac he knew was still there.  Other than that, it seemed that Crozeph had focused on something and went to find Baldur. 

It would just be him and Mac.

Spoiler

Note: Only Hirru, NIGHT, and Macradon have the Reveal mod to have 3 turn Labyrinth LD rolls.  Everyone else is default to 5 turns.  Edited the information for said purpose.

  • Hirru: 24 (1/3 turns)
  • Baldur: 13 (0/5 turns)
  • NIGHT: 34 (0/3 turns)
  • Macradon: 24 (1/3 turns)
  • Crozeph: 19 (0/5 turns)
  • Lessa: 9 (0/5 turns)

Total LD: 123/150

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A wild guess indeed. NIGHT hadn't expected to come off looking like a stealth-based player, but she knew when to be put to work, especially by someone she thought to be more senior than herself. That, and staying quiet was something she'd preferred to do at the end of the day.

The player tucked the pouch of col away, silent. If there was a wry expression on her face, it would've been disdain at her approach not having worked from the get go. But the attempt had already been made. Back straightened and gloves dusted off, NIGHT nodded to Hirru's instructions once. "No promises, but I'll make it back here if I find anything. Stay in the vicinity? Or I guess I'll just text you if something's up."

She didn't bother to stay long to hear a response; NIGHT knew the other members of her party were starting to appear restless, and they hadn't even made their first discovery nor breakthrough of the excursion just yet. Around the corner the kids disappeared behind was when her form began to unravel, too; pixels trailed off her tracksuit in fragments enough to disintegrate her figure into nothing. By the bend, the two brothers appeared to be talking, having a discussion over their approach in getting help from strangers.

NIGHT only needed to lean in close, watch and listen.


  • (1/3 turns)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing Mac have the wrapping wrap his teeth, Crozeph gave him a thumbs up and a smirk. He wasn't expecting Mac to pull it off but he did and he did it well. NIGHT and Hirru failed to gain the full trust of the children but that was to be expected, Baldur and Lessa did too and that leaves with him observing the people around them. 

"Are the children orphans? with these many people, I'd be weirded out if no one was calling them after talking to us." He thought. Crozeph hated how things looked like under the dazzling colors of the linens and the glimmer of the wares. Obviously the young ones are NPCs but he didn't liked how adults seem to not mind. 

"Ah, the children..." he muttered as he saw them slink to the dark alley. It would seem that Hirru has given Night a new approach, stealth.
Wait...
"How did he guessed that out?" he thought.

No matter, it must've been the color palette. Crozeph remained quiet after he asked the question, it was a silly one and something he picked up as he listened to the crowd before him... or around them.

"Maybe if I try to blend in I can gather more... just maybe." Crozeph rolled up his sleeves and rested his right hand on the hilt of his katana, the black goo seem to wrap around his hand like a glove. He passed by many shops, some even offered goods to him... and he's not liking the voices at all. It was for the sake of helping out, he wasn't a stealth player who can just blend in his surroundings, nor was he good at talking like the rest of the team.

And he hasn't noticed that he quite far from his group right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"They're not following us, are they?"

"No, no. I would 'ave known if t'ey were."

Silent footsteps and heavy attention. Either NIGHT's gaze was genuinely imperceptible within her disclosed state of being, or the two boys hadn't felt the stern stare she'd fell upon them, her soles almost gliding across uneven stone. They were brisk-walking, the younger's eyes over the back of his shoulder as his older brother slung an arm over his shoulders, hurrying him along. "But if even foreigners are asking questions now, someone needs to be told about t'is."

So they rounded another corner. "Can't we go to the kitchen? Word will pass around anyway, if we start talking about it over there."

"Are you t'at 'ungry already?" The elder laughed, giving his sibling a noogie, much to the latter's disdain. "T'ere will be time for t'at later. Plus, maybe t'ey'll treat us to some skewers for it."

Had NIGHT snuck up in front of the two boys, she would've seen eyes light up at the mention of a reward.

"Skewers!"

Through the crowd, the boys were but one of the numbers; indistinct entities of Cardinal drifting towards their next waypoint. And, ever wary, NIGHT had begun to think twice about her dogging, contemplating a waiver of their singular lead here and trying another group of kids instead. She did wonder why they had to begin with the youngest of the populace, almost to fill the boredom of her stroll behind them.

"Race you!"

"'Ey! Your 'ead start isn't going to net you a win!"

Her vision snapped back to the boys, and she began to pick up her pace once more. A shift here, a turn there -- their gaggle filled the streets and was followed by a heavy gust of wind, an invisible patron to their chase. When they'd dipped into an alley, NIGHT figured she had the right of way instead then.

A skid, with a distant sound of cackles. By the edge of the dead end was an open doorway, crafted out of stone, barely out of place with the surrounding architecture. Its only tell was that it wasn't solid brick, a slight discoloration. Nothing more.

It dipped lower, down into the depths of the earth in a slope.

NIGHT thought back to the tenth, and hell, and Tartarus.

 

To: @Hirru

NIGHT: found smth

 


  • (2/3)
Link to post
Share on other sites

His intuition paid off, it seemed, as NIGHT acknowledged Hirru's request and went out to follow the children.  To be fair with it all, he really didn't know.  He barely even registered that NIGHT was a two handed sword user, like himself.  So why did he call her out?  He took a gamble with assumptions and relatively no information to go off of.  He could have gone to a stretch of info by saying she was quite inquisitive, but the hunter had only just met her.  He could have asked about their abilities before setting off to know better, but he didn't.  So why did he say something now?  He just assumed a possibility, and let his luck be his guide.  So far, that has been all he has been doing now.  Coasting off of the fumes of luck and bull that let him through to this point, Hirru could only wait until karma came crashing down upon him.

Sometime passed while awaiting NIGHT and her reconnaissance mission that the hunter had sent her on, a thought came to him.  When they do find these slums, where will they go next?  Just finding the slums shouldn't automatically give them the labyrinths location, unless the slums were the labyrinth, that is.  Hirru thought about it for a bit, but dismissed the lot of it.  It was very unlikely to come to that.

No sooner that he thought that, did NIGHT send him the message.  Looking around, he would find that a certain individual was missing.  The dark-haired individual named Crozeph had disappeared.  Looking around, the hunter could not see anything from the large crowds starting to form around some of the merchants.

"Where's Crozeph?"

He asked before sending a quick message back.

Quote

To: @NIGHT
From: Hirru

Good, get back here as soon as possible.

We may need to find Crozeph too.

Spoiler

Note: Only Hirru, NIGHT, and Macradon have the Reveal mod to have 3 turn Labyrinth LD rolls.  Everyone else is default to 5 turns.  Edited the information for said purpose.

  • Hirru: 24 (2/3 turns)
  • Baldur: 13 (0/5 turns)
  • NIGHT: 34 (2/3 turns)
  • Macradon: 24 (1/3 turns)
  • Crozeph: 19 (1/5 turns)
  • Lessa: 9 (0/5 turns)

Total LD: 123/150

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Macradon chuckled at the children’s comment about the rag tag motley crew possibly being inquisitors … the group was quite inquisitive so that wasn’t that difficult to confuse the lot with what Macradon could only guess to be scary and well hidden services of the crown. Weary of these weird and off-putting, if not by their different clothing styles to the rest of the populace then possibly by their sudden inquisition, the children went their way again, not taking any chances.

“Can’t blame them. Sounds like they got into trouble for talking with these ‘Inquisitors’ before, might be useful information for later.” he said and cleared his teeth from candy wrapping and extracted a bottle of water from his inventory to clean his teeth and mouth again. He would listen to Hirru and his inquiry for NIGHT, if Macradon was still with his old skills, he could’ve accompanied her, but for now he would sit tight and let the specialists do their job.

Before NIGHT disappeared entirely, Macradon quickly did a pro-gamer-mover and sent everyone a quick party invite so they could track each other's presence, just to be sure anything wild was gonna happen. Macradon nodded at NIGHT before the lady went her way after the children.

1880384149_MacradonPartyInvite.png.0330bf8cf9ed958370e947ec4c4e3d69.png

Macradon looked over at Hirru quite concerned when he asked for Crozeph’s appearance, had he gone missing all of a sudden? “Shit … I don’t want to do it now, gotta stay calm.” he said and moved his fingers away from his HUD. In an instant he was ready to shift to his battle regalia, but it would be dangerous to engage in combat with this crowd around them. His new skill even scared him, he wasn’t entirely sure what it did, and this place wasn’t where he wanted to test it out. “Oy, Crow, where are you at!” he called out into the nothingness of people walking through the streets around them.

Spoiler
  • Hirru: 24 (2/3 turns)
  • Baldur: 13 (0/5 turns)
  • NIGHT: 34 (2/3 turns)
  • Macradon: 24 (2/3 turns)
  • Crozeph: 19 (1/5 turns)
  • Lessa: 9 (0/5 turns)

Total LD: 123/150

 

Edited by Macradon
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Where the fuck is that teleport plaza?"

He muttered, maybe if he wasn't being such a fine dumbass he wouldn't be separated from his group. He was having a hard time knowing the way back, this was his first time in this place an he needed to find them quick or else they'll leave him behind (maybe). He opened his mail that came from Hirru and tried to find it in his own map "damn it, Cardinal couldn't make a dumbass friendly marker in this map" he thought. 

After a few minutes of walking, shuffling, and scratching of his head, Crozeph decided to ask for directions. He turned around and looked at the people passing by, for some reason there was a different vibe in where he is than where he was "hello excuse me, do you know what this place is?" he asked a man, all garbed in such a way that it's a mixtures of a noble and a harlequin and a woman white as porcelain with eyes as blue as his walking beside him. "tch, filthy adventurer, this is the Nobles District! now out of my way before I put you in your rightful place!" he scowled. 

"So that would be my balls on your chin?"

The man flared up in anger but quiet enough not to attract attention. His face went red as a rash with how quick Crozeph replied to him. The noble snapped his fingers and that was enough to inform the patrolling guards of what just happened. "Milord, what seems to be the matter-" Crozeph chuckled as the guard spoke "sorry." "Take this man somewhere where he is of the same cloth, the refugees and the adventurers they call as players go or better yet take him somewhere to be forgotten!" he uttered, rage being held back as he wiped his brow. 

"I guess I gotta weasel my way out of this one eh?" he said. As one of the guards grabbed his left arm, Crozeph slammed the hilt of his katana straight to his forehead. No damage but it was enough for the guard to let go of his grip. The second one was about to unsheathed his longsword when Crozeph sent a quick strike to his wrist. "Well thank you for the directions, I'll be on my way-" Crozeph bowed in front of the lady "do feed him three squares of meals each day, he needs it" he told her. The woman giggled and it made the noble more furious "insolence! insolence! even these guards are incompetent! he's walking away, go and chase him!" he roared but Crozeph was already gone off the streets and into the alley. 

"Ok, first let me just-"

Quote

 

To: @Hirru

I'm at the Nobles District, will join you real quick once I shake off some guards.

 

Crozeph closed his HUD and made his way again to a different path, trying to blend in with the now thick crowd of people coming in and out of it "now, where was that meeting place again?" he thought

Right behind him was the heavy sounding footsteps of the guards.

Link to post
Share on other sites

'As soon as possible' was a time frame that NIGHT wasn't in particular agreement with. She had the co-ordinates of the entrance to underbelly of the city ahead of her. Alongside Crow's contact. If her companion was missing, she didn't think he'd make a huge ruckus of his disappearance.

(What sense of irony would befall her in times to come.)

 

To: @Hirru

NIGHT: i'll just msg him
NIGHT: why not just meet up here w/ crow
NIGHT: gonna move on for a quick scout b4 coming back
NIGHT: > [Floor 25 - Lower Ladonia] (##,##,##)
NIGHT: lyk if anyth happens

To: @Crozeph

NIGHT: whr r u
NIGHT: > [Floor 25 - Lower Ladonia] (##,##,##)
NIGHT: meet here

 

She was certain that, by now, she would've lost the trail of the kids she had been following. Their laughter had long dissipated behind the ambient noise of the city; that shuffling of feet and undiscernible banter between constructs. NIGHT waved off her interface before tracking downwards, light of the underground a shift of green from the warmer hues of the city above. Lined bricks from flat terrain changed to speckled asphalt, cracked and deteriorating, patched up by slabs of wood and cardboard pieces; damp, worn, crumbling.

Humid, dark and confusing. It took time for her eyes to adjust to the new environment, strain at the corners of her sights. And the scent of something once foul quickly shifted to something fresher, more complex and savoury; a mix of spices, strong, the reason behind the smell. The snaking tunnel brought her low, the world of difference visible through another doorway.

Like a night market. A mix of pipes, wires and candle-light stitched between districts only framed the stalls that kept them homely. Warmth returned to her vision, paired with the idea of sweet meats, spotted upon skewers being roasted by an open barrel fire. Familiarity took root in her heart, as she looked upon the new realm in awe.

(How much was the food being sold for, again? She did have the col for it, didn't she?)


  • (3/3)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lessa slanted Mac a grateful smile. She didn't know the man well, but had heard quite a bit about him. None of the rumors had said anything about him being so sweet, or good with children. People were always surprising her. "And my name is Lessa," she continued as soon as Mac fell silent. "I'm a blacksmith too, but not nearly as good at it as Mac is. I can't tell you how many times I've hit my finger with the hammer!" It wasn't a lie per se - she had absolutely fumbled the hammer on more than one occasion. But the in-game mechanics had kept her from feeling the pain. Her attempt at humor was rewarded when the boy smiled. The girl, however, continued to study the adults. Her brilliant eyes went to suspicious slits.

"'Ow come I've never 'eard of you?" she finally asked. The question was still delivered as a demand, but some of the force had left her voice. Was she getting curious? Maybe warming up a little?

Lessa shrugged as casually as she could. "We don't come around here often," she explained simply. "Do you know most everyone around here then?"

"Everyone," the NPC corrected, nodding her dirty head. 

"Any chance you've heard anyone talking about something called a 'labyrinth?'"

Something immediately changed in the girl's face. Her expression, which had just begun to soften, hardened once more. Then she grabbed her brother's hand and dragged him down a nearby alley, leaving the Players staring after them. 

"Huh," Lessa breathed, standing up before turning to Baldur. "That was odd."

Spoiler

 

  • Hirru: 24 (2/3 turns)
  • Baldur: 13 (0/5 turns)
  • NIGHT: 34 (3/3 turns)
  • Macradon: 24 (2/3 turns)
  • Crozeph: 19 (2/5 turns)
  • Lessa: 9 (1/5 turns)

Total LD: 123/150

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Radio silence for a good bit. Radio silence from her party members.

Meanwhile, NIGHT was debating a heavy amount just how much underground food she should be purchasing. In her hand was a paper bag filled with skewered food -- sweet meats as a snack half-eaten, and a potato with its entire length down a particularly lengthy stick. She'd that and more stowed away, with a packet of glutinous flour mixed with peanuts and sugar added to the heap.

"Thank you! Come again!"

And NIGHT finally had the gall to make the items disappear, still chewing on a packet of jelly, reminiscent of the kueh back in reality. Corn custard, a flavour that would surprise almost everyone else she knew, but it was also the reason to finish it quickly. She didn't want to be asked questions about her preferences while they were on the job, after all. What a hassle that would be.

So she walked, continued to take in the different stalls that littered the district. It was only after the woman had noticed she'd taken the wrong turn, too busy indulging herself in her snack, that the bustle of civility had long passed her, and the glow of the tunnel she found herself in again was nigh different. Warm, but dissimilar. Not a paper lantern's glow, the kind the streets were so commonly littered with.

No. The lanterns that now hung upon the walls were more... metal. And the slope that lead downwards--

 

To: Hirru

NIGHT: > [Floor 25 - Lower Ladonia] (##,##,##)

 

She continued on her way in a manner that could've been described as fearless. NIGHT would've disagreed, taking a bite out of her meal, finishing it up quick just as a strong smell wafted from the souterrain she'd started to venture into. Her eyes wandered from the ceiling to the floor, noting the signs of wear and grime, as her fingers pulled up mapping data. She'd continue to watch it in between her glances of reality and interface, the light growing dimmer ever downwards, and the stench emanating from within starting to become overwhelming.

Then she stopped. The map had indicated something of an opening ahead of her. But the player knew better than to trust empty logistics. Her sights told a different tale, and that was enough for her.

 

To: Hirru

NIGHT: final update
NIGHT: > [Floor 25 - Lower Ladonia] (##,##,##)
NIGHT: there's something guarding a door in the distance
NIGHT:  Attachment received. [1046.jpg]

NIGHT: think this is it?

 

Spoiler

ID198686: 11+16 = 27

  • Hirru: 24 (2/3 turns)
  • Baldur: 13 (0/5 turns)
  • NIGHT: 34 + 27 (0/3 turns)
  • Macradon: 24 (2/3 turns)
  • Crozeph: 19 (2/5 turns)
  • Lessa: 9 (1/5 turns)

Total LD: 150/150 | oh. totally on the dot. i hadn't figured that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He smiled back at the woman called @Lessa and tried to comfort her encouraging words “Don’t worry, everyone learns in different patterns at different rates. I just chose to dedicate way more time than necessary for my profession,” he replied with a chortle.

He was growing slightly impatient, Crozeph and NIGHT have been gone for a while now, and no one really seemed to have any real idea of where the party should head next @Hirru , do we have a location yet? Do we know where Crozeph is?” he asked the party gatherer in a rather monotone voice “I don’t know much about either from our party, but I’d rather be safe and stick around them than letting them get into trouble while we’re sitting ducks,” he tried to explain and rearranged his equipment exchanging his «Knight’s Clothes» with his «Silverlight»-integrated battle regalia. He was already a sore thumb amongst these slums in his finer clothes, so wearing full armor would only make sense for his own protection while here, either way he looked suspicious no matter what he wore since all his colors were drastically more vibrant than those the slums consisted of. “If we have coordinates we can easily catch up to either of them.” Macradon said and stretched his steel clad body.

«Macradon» 900/900 HP | 114 MIT | 19 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 8 REC | 49 BH | 99 VMP | 16(8) FRT | 16 FRS | 16 Holy | Phase | 11 LD | 122/122 EN

Edited by Macradon
Added stat change
Link to post
Share on other sites

♪ Chase OST ♪

 

The heavy sound of footsteps that the guards made was enough for Crozeph to know that they are nearby, he has angered one of the nobles and it warranted an arrest from the guards of Ladonia. It didn't really bother him, he knew he was at least above average in terms of handling them but he wasn't in Ladonia to test the limits of his fisticuffs with the nobles and guards, he was here to help with the labyrinth or whatever they will be fighting if they ever found a dungeon or a room. He leaned back on a wall in an alley, The footsteps and grumbling of the guards still loud.

If Night finds one...

ping!

He received a message from Night, the name of the place, it's coordinates and her instruction- meet with her and the rest of the team. He sighed, nothing on his end but the nobles seem to order arrests and seem to imply him to be executed "might be something, nobles can't be trusted, I'll tell them later" and with that Crozeph opened his map and routed his location with the coordinates "now this I can figure out" he thought. 

He opened his inventory and took out a handful of col and then moved out of the alley, following the line that connects his location to where they are. It would be nice if the guards didn't notice-

"Insolent brat! there he is! seize him!"

Crozeph began pacing, trying to blend himself with the crowd but with the booming sound of the guards, the people began clearing the way "drat, I guess I'm gonna have to-" he moved into an alley and in a quick motion, scaled up a wall at least a few feet higher than him and walked at the roof. The guards entered the alley only to find no one and Crozeph already went down, dropped a col at the first store he saw and grabbed a hat and coat...

He's now back at the bazaar

He wore the coat and hat, keeping his sword reachable for when he needs to put someone to sleep without feeling sleepy. "Just a few more turns and I'll-" as he is about to make a left, a guard grabbed him by the arm "those blue menacing eyes and glasses are unmistakable! I got you now-" the guard's breath was cut short when Crozeph slammed the hilt of his katana at the armpit, the gap in an armor "wait here, I'll call for help" after tipping his hat, Crozeph quickly dashed into the alley, the mini-map visible in front of him.

A left...
Another left....
then dashing to his right trying to reach the end of the alley...
almost there....

 Crozeph ran out of the alley and bumped into a guy wearing amor "what up Mac, did I make it? Night sent me coordinates"  he told him as he scratches his nose "we should move there, I think I pulled unnecessary aggro."

I want to eat some stew...

almost final Cro.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Several things were happening all at once, and the hunter had to analyze all of the information that was taken.  NIGHT had found the slums some time ago, but they still had to make sure that Cro was okay.  Alone in a new floor was not something for a lone player to be in.  Especially if there were unexpected variables on this floor.  NIGHT had said that this entire floor was a central city-state for an empire.  Hirru didn't really understand what an empire was, but the few kingdoms on several different floors would give him a slight idea.  If this was a gigantic version of those, then they could expect the nobles to be..

*ping*

A sudden message from Cro announcing his location at the Noble District.  He said he was going to find them soon, but only after he shook off some.. guards?  As soon as that message came up, he got another message from NIGHT.  She was sending coordinates for her location in the slums.  Baldur and Lessa seemed to have just as much of a issue with the children as they had.  Macradon did the smart thing and started a party for everyone, while asking if they had any coordinates from NIGHT yet.

"Yeah, it seems she found..."

*ping*ping*ping*ping*

Several messages from NIGHT this time.  Coordinates kept changing, as if she kept going deeper.  The hunter sighed.  Inquisitive will be inquisitive, it seemed.  One message, however, made him tense up.  A large door surrounded by ugly grim and algae covered masonry.  NIGHT did say that the sewers were probably their best bet, but the figure that stood before it.  Didn't seem right for a labyrinth guardian, if that could even be counted as one.

"Nevermind, NIGHT found what could be the labyrinth entrance.  She sent Cro her coordinates, I'll give everyone else the coordinates too."

He said while sending everyone the last three area codes, including the attached image of the door and the "labyrinth guardian" that NIGHT had sent him, for further use.  It was at that time that they were slightly reunited with a strangely dressed Crozeph.  He sighed a bit when he heard that Cro had not gotten rid of his pursuers.

"We're leaving, then!  Let's get out of here and find NIGHT."

Quote

To: @NIGHT

From: Hirru

>We're on our way.
>Do not engage, unless you think you can handle a tier 4 field boss by yourself.

Starting off at a brisk pace after sending that message out, they would head through the alleyways, following the first set of coordinates that NIGHT sent to reach the downward ramp that would suggest the slums.  Fearing for a confrontation, the hunter switched out Favor of the Golden Dragon for his iconic red plated armor, Bulwark, that covered only one arm with full plate gauntlet and pauldron.  His old armor from that day, that he converted to fulfill its purpose on a higher tier.

It would probably take a bit to reach NIGHT, but he hoped she wouldn't go out of her way to fight a Guardian alone.  They didn't have Freyd here to one shot the thing, so it would take all of their efforts for this.

"Let's not keep her waiting, anymore."

As they entered into the slums....

Equipment Change: Favor of the Golden Dragon -3 LD -> Bulwark +107 MIT (72 armor + 35 skill) = 167 MIT

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...