[F21 | R7 Blacksmith] The Knight Shift (Open)

Eyes wide, uncertain of how best to meet expectations, Jeeves wasn't used to this kind of polite exchange anymore.  Not since Miri... left.  Re-acquaint was required.  How else could the part be played?

"Ummm... thank you."  Brief was always best.  No one paid attention or remembered.  Brief was safest too.  Eyes darting side to side in search of some expected outcome, his hands reached forth and slowly took the package, pulling it back and nestling it in the crook beneath his arm.  A precious tool solicited and obtained.  Another step in the formula complete.  Pivoting on a worn boot heel, the boy said nothing more, but casually exited the shop. 

Once clear, Jeeves broke into a run, his heart racing at the prospect of a perfectly crafted tool made precisely to his specifications.  Like a kid experiencing his first Christmas, he tore into the burlap seizing the blade within and clutching it with unbridled avarice and pride.  After so much waiting, the time had finally come.

Jeeves picks up:

Pestle Pick | T1 Perfect Weapon (Dagger) | DMG 3
Crafting ID: 217132
A simple iron pestle mounted with a grip and fine, piercing point on the far end.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the teleportation crystal sent him propelling through the levels of Aincrad, Crux finally settled himself within Tomoika and his face twisted into sheer disbelief at the thick cavernous atmosphere and looming darkness that hid in the deep reaches of his vision. “ Why the f***? ” He had heard a rumor on the first floor that there was someone this far up that if you were willing to explore this high and find their shop, they would help by arming newbies with gear that they couldn’t even imagine procuring in the lower levels. His only true wish that this might've been somewhere on the first floor and not in this type of place or location that felt more like the test and perhaps not worth the reward. 

With bated breath Crux gripped tightly onto Chopsticks, his starter Claws and moved with intention while reading the signs and trying to find his way to The Knight Shift. A plume of hot air rushed past his face while he maneuvered the lower levels of the settlement until he found the humble shoppe with its own harmonic sounds working in tempo with each other. 

Moving himself in, Crux looked through the various instruments, metalwork and the barrels and shelves hanging before the teenager waved over to the forge worker. “ Hey, heard you might be able to help someone like me out. I’m looking for better Claws. ” Instinctively raising his starter weapons that were fine, but they could’ve been a bit better in quality. 

“ I’m Crux, by the way. Finally deciding to throw my hat in the ring and try to make it closer to the frontlines, logic be damned. ” He wasn’t sure why he felt the need to share that, but he finished with a nod hoping that it was enough for the man and he wouldn’t ask any probing questions. 

Spoiler

Item Name: Wildcat's Grace 
Item Type: Weapon (Claws)
Item Tier: T1
Item Quality: Perfect
Draft Item Description: Feline energy at its prime, thick metal claws meant to rip and maim. 
Requested Enhancements: Damage 3

(Note: The craftsman reserves the right to make minor edits to the item description as a means of 'signing' his work)

Gentle eyes in amber full of mirth of warmth greeted the new arrival, ever-pleased to offer assistance to those seeking to prove themselves.

"Frontlines, you say?  Then you'll most certainly need the best there is on offer."  The man was slender and wiry in build - not your standard fare by way of blacksmiths, but seemingly capable judging by the wide array of wares stacked up on every shelf and other available surface.

"I'm Rencesvals," he added, half-turning to pluck a few items and combine them on the anvil.  A single strike turning four into one, a hint of vaguery still hovering about it.  "Yes, I know.  It's a mouthful.  I lost a best, alright.  Feel free to call me Ren, if you prefer."  A few sooty taps in the air to verify the details of the order on hand, then the white-haired paladin set himself to work once more.  "Good for you for setting your aims high.  Please make sure your gear matches your ambitions.  Will there be no armor on order today?"

Barely a few minutes having passed, Ren placed the completed works on the counter.  "Compliments of the house.  I will you luck, Crux.  And please feel free to call upon me for more equipment or assistance as you may require."

@Crux Ready for pickup:

Wildcat's Grace | T1 Perfect Weapon (Claws) | DMG 3
Fusion ID: 217310
Feline energy at its prime, thick metal claws meant to rip and maim. 

The man, power and lithe combined in a slender frame, wasn’t exactly who Crux had been expecting. There even was a kindness in his voice that didn’t feel appropriate to the setting but who was he to expect tropes and stereotypes. “ Rene–ce–. ” The other’s name fell awkwardly and haphazardly out of the teenager’s mouth not used to the jumble of consonants to struggle through. “ Ren. ” A hand went to the back of Crux’s neck with an exhaled bated breath, Japanese was very foundational in its use of vowels as a standard for word building.

“ I’m set for now, but thank you. ” He’d remember to return the favor to Ren if and when he had the first opportunity to do so. “ And I’ll keep that in mind. I hope to see you out on the battlefield too. You don’t seem like the kind of blacksmith who wants to be stuck behind forge and stone. ” With another look around the other’s shop, he was certain if he was this strong, he ventured out to battle as well.

Finally, Crux reached for his new weapons and gave a slight nod in gratitude to the blacksmith’s generosity. He would pay it forward one day if given the opportunity.

• 5 months later...

As Wulfrin entered the shop on floor 21 recommended to him by Freyd, he was astonished to see the forge in a full roar. The sign caught his eye saying that beginners could get their gear for free. He was looking to get prepped to actually start grinding out levels.

"Hello?" Wulfirn asked trying to be heard over the sound of clanging steel. "I'm looking to get a sword and maybe a set of armor made!" He found a series of papers that could be used as order slips. He began filling them out one for a sword and the other for a more functional light armor set.

Requests:

Item Name: Armored Coat
Item Type: Light Armor
Item Quality: Perfect (Preferably but anything will do)
Draft Item Description: A red leather coat with added Plates on the shoulders and forearms
Requested Enhancements: MIT 2 EVA 1 (Preferably but as long as at least MIT 1 is there not much else matters)

Item Name: Steel Longword
Item Type: 1h Straight Sword (Longsword)
Item Quality: Perfect (Preferably but anything will do)
Draft Item Description: A simple steel longsword. 
Requested Enhancements: 2 DMG 1 ACC (ACC and DMG are focus points so any combination of the two will do)

feel free to get creative. I'm not terribly picky

A tall, lanky man far too thin and scrawny to ever meet the expectations of his trade collected the order with a smile.  Sheer sweat and soot smeared across his brow suggested that those expectations should be shelved or reconsidered.

"You're in luck.  I have some stock left that can be used to make this for you in a matter of moments.  Have a seat.  This won't take long."  Pumping the bellows a few times, Wulfrin could have sworn he watched the craftsman speaking to his furnace as he did so.  The roaring flames were too loud to overhear any specifics, but there was something docile and kind in the white-haired smith's expression.  He looked... thankful?  Judging purely by his garb, he might have been the religious type.  His smock was nearly priestly in its cut and linings.

"There you have it," Ren replied, mere moments later.  "I'm afraid you'd need a tailor for evasion.  I've done the best I could in the moment.  No charge, as promised."

Pushing the finished gear across his workbench, the merchant rewarded himself with a full ladle of water from a nearby barrel before returning to some smelting operation.

"And please, feel free to return in the future.  We always appreciate when gear and wearer both survive in need of upgrades."

@Wulfrin

Items for pickup:

Armored Coat | T1 Perfect Light Armor | MIT 2, REC 1
Fusion ID 218989
A red leather coat with added Plates on the shoulders and forearms.

Steel Longword | T1 Perfect Weapon (SS) | DMG 3
Fusion ID 218988
A simple steel longsword. 

Source: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39172-rencesvals-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=677620

Wulfrin collected his items with a smile. "You can send your thanks to Freyd," Wulfrin replied. "It's because of his recommendation that I even came out here. I appreciate everything you're doing here." He took one last look around the shop as he exited. "Keep up the good work!"

Wulfrin Collects Armored Coat and Steel Longsword

• 2 weeks later...

Morningstar, gentle with his weapons, made a display across Rencesvals' table. He laid out two straight swords and two polearms, each with some sort of frost enhancement. He had also brought the required scales and shards for the task at hand. "Two fusions, please," Morningstar said to the black smith.

"Bleeding Giant's for me, Siondhe's for a customer. Just need the enhancements switched around. Oh, and I'll turn Giant into a demonic, while we're at it."

He placed two gleaming scales and one demonic shard on the counter. "No rush on this—I'm staying in town for a little while anyways."

Spoiler

Fusion:

Bleeding Giant | [#211018b] | TIER 4 PERFECT STRAIGHT SWORD | BLD, ACC, FB
[desc.]: A sleek, silver greatsword with a blade that gleams like ice under moonlight. The hilt is adorned with blood red rubies and intricate patterns designed to look like ice crystals.

Balefrost | [#214163d] | TIER 4 PERFECT STRAIGHT SWORD | BLD, ACC, FB
[desc.]: A greatsword of immense weight. It was once wielded by Kelvin, the Frost Giant.

final result:

Bleeding Giant | [#] | TIER 4 DEMONIC STRAIGHT SWORD | BLD II, FB II
[desc.]: A sleek, silver greatsword with a blade that gleams like ice under moonlight. The hilt is adorned with blood red rubies and intricate patterns designed to look like ice crystals. The name "Kelvin" is etched into the hilt.

cost: 1 gleaming scale, 1 demonic shard

Spoiler

Fusion:

Siondhe | [#202586a] | TIER 4 PERFECT POLEARM | ACC, FRZ, ENV
[desc.]: A warscythe designed with a twisting blue and violet colouring, it appears to have a singular layer of frosting along it's length.

Winter Crescent | [#214410b] | TIER 4 PERFECT POLEARM | FRZ, BLD, ACC
[desc.]: An ice blue warscythe with inscriptions of an ancient language along the blade.

final result:

Siondhe | [#] | TIER 4 PERFECT POLEARM | FRZ II, ENV
[desc.]: A warscythe designed with a twisting blue and violet colouring, it appears to have a singular layer of frosting along it's length.

cost: 1 gleaming scale

Edited by Morningstar

With a polite smile and nod, Ren collected the items brought to him, immediately assessing how best to go about his task.  While not quite a master, yet, the blacksmith had managed to develop his skill enough to warrant a steady stream of business.  It also warmed his heart that he could make a difference for those more regularly out in the field than he typically managed himself.

A short while later, Ren returned, signaling Morningstar that his goods were ready and as ordered.  The system had done most of the work, but Ren insisted on doing as much as he possibly could personally, if only to give it that craftsman's touch.

"Enjoy," he called, pushing the carefully packaged goods back across the counter.  "And we hope to see you again soon."

@MorningstarItems ready for pickup:

Bleeding Giant | [Fusion ID #219684] | TIER 4 DEMONIC STRAIGHT SWORD | BLD II, FB II
[desc.]: A sleek, silver greatsword with a blade that gleams like ice under moonlight. The hilt is adorned with blood red rubies and intricate patterns designed to look like ice crystals. The name "Kelvin" is etched into the hilt.

Siondhe | [Fusion ID #219685] | TIER 4 PERFECT POLEARM | FRZ II, ENV
[desc.]: A warscythe designed with a twisting blue and violet colouring, it appears to have a singular layer of frosting along it's length.

It didn't take Ren long to finish his work. Morningstar, continuing his examination of the smith's wares, spun around upon hearing his voice. "That was quick," he chimed, lifting the two packages from the counter and going on his way. "Thanks! I'm sure I'll be back."

He raced back to his shop, eager to try out his newly improved blade and to hand over the scythe that Nari had been searching for. He stepped through the teleportation arch and, on the other side, materialized on floor eight. About an hour later, he sat the packaged weapons on his workbench and crafted a message to his friend.

Morningstar collects:

Bleeding Giant | [Fusion ID #219684] | TIER 4 DEMONIC STRAIGHT SWORD | BLD II, FB II
[desc.]: A sleek, silver greatsword with a blade that gleams like ice under moonlight. The hilt is adorned with blood red rubies and intricate patterns designed to look like ice crystals. The name "Kelvin" is etched into the hilt.

Siondhe | [Fusion ID #219685] | TIER 4 PERFECT POLEARM | FRZ II, ENV
[desc.]: A warscythe designed with a twisting blue and violet colouring, it appears to have a singular layer of frosting along it's length.

Returning to the familiar shop of Floor 21, The Knight Shift, Wulfrin couldn't help but smile at the forge in a roaring blaze and being pushed to its limits. Having recently received a substantial level boost, Wulfrin needed to purchase some new gear befitting his increased tier. He scanned around the busy workspace for the smith who was hard at work on a project.

"Hey Ren!" Wulfrin spoke with a projected voice to ensure he was heard over the roaring forge. "Got another order for ya!" Once Ren had taken notice, Wulfrin laid out his drafted item creation forms and explained his visions to the smith. Upon closer inspection, the gear he was requesting was Functionally the same as the ones he had crafted last time. "Pretty much just need a tier boost to the items I have. They've done me justice so far, so why change?" Wulfrin place the required payment in Ren's hands and took a seat to wait for the craftsman to work his magic.

Wulfrin Requests:

Item Name: Wolf's Fang Longsword
Item Type: One-handed Straight Sword
Item Tier: T2
Draft Item Description: A longsword crafted form tempered steel. It's blade cuts clean and punctures foes with the ferocity of a Wolf's fang.
Requested Enhancements: DMG III

Item Name: Hunter's Coat
Item Type: Light Armor
Item Tier: T2
Draft Item Description: A leather coat with attached armored plates at the shoulders and forearms. It's design offers plenty of protection while sacrificing very little of the wearer's mobility.
Requested Enhancements: MIT II | REC I

Wulfrin pays Rencesvals 2 Materials

Crafting rolls:

R7 Blacksmith (9 crafts/day - 8 from rank +1 from extended workshop)
Ambition Tool (+1 EXP per attempt)
Extended Workshop (+2 EXP per attempt)
Hephaestus' Hammer (+1 CD)

ID 219727 | CD 6+1=7 | T2 Uncommon Armor (LA) (+6 EXP)
ID 219728 | CD 3+1=4 | LD 20 | Salvage - keep mat (+5 EXP)
ID 219729 | CD 3+1=4 | LD 3 | Salvage - lose mat (+5 EXP)
ID 219730 | CD 9+1=10 | T2 Rare Armor (LA) (+8 EXP)
ID 219731 | CD 8+1=9 | T2 Rare Armor (LA) (+8 EXP)
ID 219732 | CD 2+1=3 | LD 5 | Salvage - lose mat (+5 EXP)
ID 219733 | CD 5+1=6 | T2 Uncommon Armor (LA) (+6 EXP)
ID 219734 | CD 3+1=4 | LD 4 | Salvage - lose mat (+5 EXP)
ID 219735 | CD 4+1=5 | LD 9 | Salvage - lose mat (+5 EXP)

Cost: 9 materials

Edited by Rencesvals

"Ah, Wulfrin, wasn't it?  Outgrown the gear we provided so quickly?"  Ren gave a hearty laugh, belying his slender size.  Most would consider him to scrawny to serve as a blacksmith, but he certainly made up for in zeal what he might have been lacking in size.  "I had to whip up a few extra pieces to have the right components for your order.  Fortune smiled, thankfully, and so we find ourselves done quicker than expected.  I trust that these will meet your needs.  Please return when you reach your next tier!  It's always a pleasure to have repeat business."

Pushing a pair of articles across the counter, it wouldn't take long to find that everything was exactly as per spec.

@Wulfrin ready for pickup:

Wolf's Fang Longsword | Fusion ID 219736 | T2 Perfect Weapon (1HSS) | DMG III
A longsword crafted form tempered steel. It's blade cuts clean and punctures foes with the ferocity of a Wolf's fang.

Hunter's Coat | Fusion ID 219737 | T2 Perfect Armor (LA) | MIT II, REC I
A leather coat with attached armored plates at the shoulders and forearms. It's design offers plenty of protection while sacrificing very little of the wearer's mobility

Wulfrin spent most of his time perusing the wares scattered about the shop. Not much was for sale, probably different orders. Wulfrin perked up as Ren got his attention after a bit of waiting. "Of course," Wulfrin replied with a smile. "You should thank Freyd honestly, he is doing a wonderful job advertising your place." Wulfrin took a moment to examine the new gear. "Fits like a glove. Thanks Ren!" Wulfrin was now ready to head straight into new adventures. "See ya in a few levels!" Wulfrin left the workshop in a hurry. Giving Ren a friendly salute on his way out.

Wulfrin Picks Up:

Wolf's Fang Longsword | Fusion ID 219736 | T2 Perfect Weapon (1HSS) | DMG III
A longsword crafted form tempered steel. It's blade cuts clean and punctures foes with the ferocity of a Wolf's fang.

Hunter's Coat | Fusion ID 219737 | T2 Perfect Armor (LA) | MIT II, REC I
A leather coat with attached armored plates at the shoulders and forearms. It's design offers plenty of protection while sacrificing very little of the wearer's mobility

• 1 month later...

Stepping into the shop from the rain Ebbon attempted to shake some of the water from his dark hair, doing his best to not get water somewhere that it would do harm. The man had heard from word of mouth that this place offered lower tiered players free gear. While he was one that wasn't fond of taking handouts, he figured that he could at least pay the shop keep in return business when the time came.

"Hello?" he called out as he approached what he assumed to be a service counter. "I wanted to order a weapon? A katana if possible?" Reading a few signs posted in various places Ebbon found a stack of order forms close by and filled one out, taking his time to choose what enhancements he wanted for it. When he was done he placed it where it could be easily found. "Thank you for what your doing for everyone!"

----

Ebbon Requests:

Item Name: Ronin's Edge
Item Type: Katana
Draft Item Description: A simple yet deadly katana made for a wandering warrior.
Requested Enhancements: DMG II, ACC I

((Feel free to take creative liberties with whatever you wish))

Posted (edited)

Crafting rolls:

R7 Blacksmith (9 crafts/day - 8 from rank +1 from extended workshop)
Ambition Tool (+1 EXP per attempt)
Extended Workshop (+2 EXP per attempt)
Hephaestus' Hammer (+1 CD)

ID 222013 | CD 4+1=5 | LD 5 | Salvage (+5 EXP) - lose mat
ID 222014 | CD 11+1=12 | LD 7 | T1 Perfect Weapon (Katana) (+11 EXP)
ID 222015 | CD 7+1=8 | LD 5 | T1 Uncommon Weapon (Katana) (+6 EXP)
ID 222016 | CD 3+1=4 | LD 19 | Salvage (+5 EXP) - keep mat
ID 222017 | CD 12+1=13 | LD 19 | T1 Perfect Weapon (Katana) (+11 EXP)
ID 222018 | CD 11+1=12 | LD 8 | T1 Perfect Weapon (Katana) (+11 EXP)
ID 222019 | CD 8+1=9 | LD 15 | T1 Rare Weapon (Katana) (+8 EXP)
ID 222020 | CD 6+1=7 | LD 5 | T1 Uncommon Weapon (Katana) (+6 EXP)
ID 222021 | CD 1+1=2 | LD 12 | Failure (+4 EXP)

Cost: 8 materials

Edited by Rencesvals

"Ah."  Picking up the order slip, Ren peered pensively for a moment before nodding his understanding. "Simple but effective.  We have lots of that." Snaring a hammer hanging between a pair of nearby hooks, while wiping his other hand on the cleanest part of a soot-stained leather apron, the smith nabbed a steel ingot from the ether and set it into position.  Working the bellows to temperature, Ebbon would watch as he slowly pulled at the glowing, semi-molten metal and tugged it into shape, folding and striking repeatedly like it was some sort of exceptionally rigid taffy.  Within an hour - remarkably fast by practical standards - the required weapon had been forged and dressed with dutiful care and stood ready for presentation.  Neatly tucked into a matching scabbard, Ren announced its readiness to his customer.

"Thank you for your patronage, good sir.  It is a pleasure to serve."

Rencesvals gives @Ebbon:

Ronin's Edge | T1 Perfect Katana | DMG II | ACC I
Crafting ID 222014
A simple yet deadly katana made for a wandering warrior.
Source: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39172-rencesvals-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=679775

Ebbon was surprised that his order was being processed immediately. He watched as the blacksmith got to work heating up and shaping the metal, folding and hammering it into something that he would wield. He hadn't even realized that it had been an hour until the weapon was being handed to him, whole and complete. "I-Thank you, so much." He took the katana and bowed deeply. "I will use it well."

He equipped the sword and then drew it from it's sheath, admiring the handywork before returning it once again. He thanked the blacksmith once again before exiting the shop back out into the rain.

----

Ebbon receives:

Ronin's Edge | T1 Perfect Katana | DMG II | ACC I
Crafting ID 222014
A simple yet deadly katana made for a wandering warrior.
Source: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39172-rencesvals-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=679775