[F9-MB] Twinfire Phoenix

In the open fields of the ninth floor, there is a hidden area known as the >. The fields were typically used by players in the beta to have guild wars, however, when a creature, the Twinfire Phoenix, had controlled the area, nobody had dared to try to fight there again.

Everytime a guild would go to fight there, the Flamed Avian would destroy anyone who treaded on its burnt soil. The phoenix was known as one of the hardest field bosses on the ninth floor due to its strength being nearly as powerful as the floor boss itself. It has been rumored that the phoenix has a second form, but nobody has ever been able to prove this theory as they have all died trying to defeat the Phoenix.

It wasn't until today that a group of players had arrived in the > to attempt to end the bird's tyranny once and for all. They knew the risks they were taking and they agreed completely. However, did the group honestly know what they were doing when they were heading towards a phoenix with powers they didn't know of?

When a guide led them to the > there roosted a massive bird made of bright orange and red flames. The bird itself was about 14 feet tall and a wingspan that reached about 10 feet. The form of the phoenix was nearly the same as a giant eagle, except this foe would prove to be much more glorious in power. It has now been brought upon these players to slay the beast to regain control over the >.

Ruri: 77/77

Kirigiri: 7/7

RyujinSeaLord: 56/56

Alkor: 11/11

Zelrius: 63/63

Zero: 19/19

Mayonaka: 27/27

Keith: 83/83

Yami: 17/17

Rebekah: 17/17

5iou5: 17/17

Ethereal: 35/35

Twinfire Phoenix: 150/150

Turn Order: Boss will attack after each group is done. Currently it is Ruri's turn.

Group1:

Ruri, Kirigiri, RyujinSeaLord, Alkor

Group2:

Zelrius, Zero, Mayonaka, Keith

Group3:

Yami, Rebekah, 5iou5, Ethereal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing the fairly large Phoenix suddenly appear for a moment, she gazed in awe the beautiful creature just sitting there... Though knowing it was probably going to attack her, she drew her katana from her stealth, closely examining the phoenix, searching for some sort of weak spot for the firebird. Seeing the wings, she only guessed that was probably it's weak spot. Even if she was wrong, it'd be worth a shot. sprinting towards the beast she had attempted to slash at her foe. Though her katana attempted to hit the phoenix, she'd failed to attack the fiery beast. After failing, she returned to the other players in her group. Hoping next time she'd be more successful.

BD: 2 + 2 (item) = 4

DMG: 0 (MISS) + 3 (item) + 4 (Skill) = 0 (Miss)

arriving on the ninth floor Kirigiri followed after a girl who seemed to know where she was going kirigiri stopped suddenly seeing a giant phoenix swoop downward from the sky, after watching the mysterious girl try to slice the phoenix with her sword only to miss, kirigiri felt compelled to try her hand at this glorious bird. charging her sword Kirigiri dashed forward only to trip on some old crusted pillow lava. landing on her face she swore under her breath sensing others around her, Kirigiri knew that at least it wasn't just them against the aptly named twinfire phoenix.

The lovely ladies in front of me had failed to hit their mark as i stepper up to bat. With my katana in hand i watched them trip and fall.

Aye....what a waste of effort i spoke to myself My group seems almost useless at this point

I looked to our flaming feathered friend with a calm glance. I seemed to stare back at me but that didnt matter, all that mattered was ridding the game of this feathered freak. I ran at it in an attempt to drain the heath from its body.

Light crit, roll of 9 (10 damage +2 hate)

I lashed into the belly of the beast dealing massive damage but unaware of how that would play out for me, i began to back up slowly towards my group keeping an eye on the bird knowing i was a valued target now.

Twinfire Phoenix: 140/150

"Well aren't we just in a hurry to get burned alive," Alkor muttered sarcastically as three of his group members charged headlong toward the monolithic pyrotechnics show that masqueraded as a bird. His hands slid out from both pockets and he picked his head up, both brown eyes moving along the creature that had already taken a small chunk of damage.

It mostly seemed interested in the guy who'd just hit it, <>. Normally before a boss battle, people did their last minute checks and mapped out at the very least a generic strategy; seemed like this time, it was "run in and go all out." Alkor mused for a moment to himself, I wonder how many of the groups who wiped tried the same tactic.

By now, it was far too late to back out, so he slid the Anneal blade he'd worked for in that quest down on the first floor into his hand, and he gripped it firmly. With a quick glance around toward the rest of of the raid group that had gathered, Alkor took a deep breath. "Welp," he said with an almost sad sigh, "looks like it's my turn."

He dropped into a run toward the awe-inspiring avian, twisting his blade into a cruel arc toward its center of mass. Easy target- huge, bright, and full of the urge to kill him. It was not to be, however, as the bird evaded his novice attempt to strike it, all its glory mocking him in a brilliant blaze. "Tch," Alkor sneered his distaste.

Blade still at the ready, Alkor narrowed his gaze on the Phoenix. He'd get his chance to best this bird yet.

The Phoenix hadn't been in a fight for a long time. When the random group of players arrived it had a sense that there was an actual threat this time. Though there was no warning before the first player came running in for the attack, the female had missed. After the first failure, another challenger came trying to do the same thing, and had also failed.

It wasn't until the third player in what seemed a group had landed a hit on the phoenix. Even though to the player hit a decent damaging blow, to the phoenix it seemed to have only ruffled a few of its ember feathers. After the first hit had been landed, another player tried to stack some more damage onto the last hit, but had missed as well.

Finally, as the phoenix saw the first group's assault end, it flew into the sky and soaring over the players. It already knew its target. It dove down towards, RyujinSeaLord, the only player that dealt any damage. Right before direct impact with the ground the phoenix flew past him trying to skim the endof it's wings at the player to deal some burn damage in the process.

Though the player may be relieved, the phoenix was not with a miss. The wings hadn't been able to burn the player, or even damage them at the least. It now landed waiting for the next group in the assault raid to attack the phoenix.

Zelrius arrived within his due time, leading his own team into position. Not he though he was a leader of the team or anything, he simply strode on ahead of the small group, being the first to walk over the hill to see the scorching bird. Zelrius thought queer that no one, even in beta, had ever formed a successful party like these ladies and gentlemen had just done. Of course only naturally did Zelrius arrogantly think this group was going to win. So on the blood buccaneer treaded to his own suggested place on the battle field. Once everyone was gathered the next few events happened quickly. With in a few moments 4 of his familiar comrades made a strike and the Phoenix attempted a strike of its own on his old friend Ryujin. Now Zelrius himself made a Move, quickly dashing and swinging his sword at this monstrosity.

Twinfire Phoenix: 132/150 paralyzed 2 turns

Zero stood with his arms crossed as the boss had made its appearance, a phoenix was a symbol of power and eternalness which made him want to fight it that much more. He watched as the first to attempt to attack the monster failed, soon followed by successful hits on Zelrius, an old veteran to battles like this, and Ryu's, an acquaintance of Zero's at the very least, part. The phoenix had tried to attack Ryu, but had failed miserably to its misfortune. Now seeing an opening of his own Zero quickly prepared his blades to attack the bird.

"A giant bird against us? Shouldn't be too hard to beat." He remarked confidently, though he did not know how much he could trust the abilities of all the involved aside from a select few he knew of. He tapped his shoulder with the sword on his right hand, and took a step back before dashing and crossing the blades in his hands in front of his chest as he held the one in his mouth tightly.

Battle result: 9+2 = Hit! Damage Dealt: 2 (BD) + 2 (Skill) + 2(Weapon)= 6 DMG (Bleeding status for two turns, -1HP)

(Sword Skill: Demon Slash cooldown 1 turns)

He slashed diagonally the blades in his hands at the creature as the blade in his mouth slashed right passed it. A rather well executed hit in his opinion.

Twinfire Phoenix: 126/150 Paralyzed 2 turns Bleeding 2 turns

The magnificent bird directly over me, targeting someone else; Ryu to be exact. A smirk appeared on my face when the massive bird missed him. Also, I was glad to see so many familiar faces here with me. Although I thought I would have ever thought we would fight together I was excited too. This was the first time I had taken on a larger HP creature with the other players here. Not only was I anxious to take my first action but I was a little intimidated by the size of my enemy.

My hand gripped the metal handle of my sword, ready I jump right in. I wasn't one to make a plan before an attack so I charged to hit the bird head on. I did nothing fancy, or anything spectacular, just stepped light underneath it and drove my sword upwards into the Phoenix.

BD 5 +2= 7

1+2 = {- 3 damage}

Twinfire Phoenix 123/150 paralyzed 2 turns, bleed for two turns

And so it had started. Lots of others had gathered at the battle of the Phoenix, and Keith was one of them. The <> set a hand on the grip of his katana and he looked to the bird everyone had been attacking. "Alright, birdie! Looks like it's time you got your wings clipped!" Keith said, drawing Astral Blade in one swift pull. He then set it on his shoulder and let it charge up, before he broke off at top speed and rocketed at the bird. He then leaped up and used his momentum to swing with great force, easily slashing into the bird and cleaving it down it's body, dealing a good amount of damage. Keith pulled his sword out and jumped back, making room for the next player to attack.

Twinfire Phoenix 115/150 paralyzed 2 turns, bleed for two turns

The massive Phoenix was paralyzed by a player and given blood loss by another. Though the Phoenix tried to attack, it's body remaned immobile. Unable to attack, the Phoenix should be a very easy target at the time. The Phoenix let out a loud screech into the air to show it was weak to the effects. Throughout the screech, few flares rose from the body and wings as the next assault of players get another shot to harm it.

Twinfire Phoenix 114/150 Paralyze and Bleed (1 Turn Left)

Until now, Yami was watching the fight, admiring the Phoenix.

Then, he thought it was his turn to attack. So, he grabbed his shiny Millennium Sword from the lining on his back.

After a few moments, he charges against the Phoenix.

As he reaches it, he does an horizontal slash, hitting it.

"This bird has his hours counted." he said, moving away to let the others attack.

DMG - BD: 9 [+1BD = 10 (10° Crit. invalid)] = (2 Hit - +2 Hit by Weapon - +1 Critical) = 5DMG

Twinfire Phoenix 109/150 Paralyze and Bleed (1 Turn Left)

Rebekah looked up at the giant Twinfire Phoenix, and then back at her. It was awfully a big boss creature that she had never seen before. She takes a deep breath, and it was her turn, but she just stood there. She just froze. She stood there for what it seemed to be an eternity, as everyone started staring at her, for just standing there. She looked up, and barely squeaked out, "Switch!". She had just blown her turn just like that, hopefully she can do better next time, she hopes.

BD = 1 (No DMG)

Twinfire Phoenix 109/150 Paralyze and Bleed (1 Turn Left)

As 5 is standing still watching the Phoenix In amazement, he hears his fellow players pass him as they go in for their attacks 5 would begin sweats, but not from the heat, but from the Intimidation that the Phoenix was emitting unlike other people. He doesn't take the intimidation as a scare tactic. He takes it as a challenge "You may be a Phoenix but you can still be killed." He muttered to himself as his eyes start rapidly flashing orange. They would then stabilize back to their original color as 5 takes off towards the Phoenix like ballistic missile his sword would begin to start glowing bright orange as he ran under it, he would yell "I want my fried chicken 2 drumsticks and 2 wings. Please" Unleashing a quick 4 slash combo On the Phoenix belly, then sprinting out of the way gaining some distance to prepare for the Phoenix's retaliation

BD = 8 (1 DMG) + (1 weapon skill) + (2 on sword) = (4 DMG)

Twinfire Phoenix 105/150 Paralyze and Bleed (1 Turn Left)

[OOC]

The Phoenix could tell that the paralyze effect was beginning to wear off. However, it was still there enough to stop it from performing any actions. The phoenix watched as the players attacked it, but it had no way to react. Finally, when a specific player, Ethereal, had seemed to have been a coward and didn't attack in the prime of the moment, the opportunity was lost for the player.

Finally, after some commotion of attacks, the Phoenix took slightly more damage until finally the paralyze wore off and the wings were spread wide with a loud screech. However, it was too late for the phoenix to try and attempt an attack because the first group that had launched the initial attack had begun it's next assault already.

Twinfire Phoenix 104/150

{OOC: Ruri was skipped due to 24 hours passing without her posting her reply, if she is skipped again the she will be removed permanently and as such will not receive benefits from this role play}

after seeing her allies try courageously to slay the bird brain in their midst, Kirigiri saw two people bowing out of their chance to hit the phoenix. sizing up the bird brain kirigiri decided that she would aim at the left wing. charging her sword to a violent shade of purple kirigiri dashed forward timing her advances to the wing perfectly so that as the wing dipped to the ground kirigiri slashed a long gash through the center of it, holding her breath as to not torch her virtual lungs. after dealing two damage to the fiery thing-a-gig, as Kirigiri ran away the phoenix screeched to let her know its displeasure with. it was almost as if it was saying "i'm going to get you for that you purple haired twit."

Twinfire Phoenix 102/150

Noticing as more allies suddenly appearing and striking at the mythical beast i was inspired to keep on fighting. I wasnt exactly sure what was left to come based on this birds rumors but there was definitely something awfully fishy about it, and im not talking about its breath. The fiery bird was finally free of its paralysis and was able to fly about.

Alright bird brain... i began, running at the Phoenix

Roll 5 + 2 = 7 hit, 9 damage

...Take this! i shouted swinging my katana at the bird and drawing a bright red line in its chest dealing a decent amount of damage to the creature.

Switching out, next person MOVE! i yelled at the squad of people, trying to become more of a leader for the KoB even though it was only May and I here running for leader position.

Twinfire Phoenix 93/150

Attention!

Ruri has been skipped for inactivity, but do not take over the manner yourself. This is the purpose of a GM ran Event. As we GM's are very busy we may not always have time to do things right as it happens. The next time it happens the person who tries to take over that is NOT a GM, will be removed from the event.

Thanks,

GM Daeron

Gotta keep the pace up, Alkor reminded himself after the last two successful attacks, we found a good tempo! It wasn't unusual for him to get very into something once he'd committed to it. This was just an example of his fervor.

When Ryu struck home and called for a switch, Alkor seized the moment and rushed past the man as he fell back. He brought his Anneal blade up to slice at the Phoenix viciously, throwing his body into the motion and subsequently leaping into the hellfire like a madman.

"There!" He called out loudly as his blade sank into the malicious flames of the bird. It wasn't an incredible or glorious hit, but it would do.

Alkor deals 3 damage (Base 1 + weapon 1 + skill 1)

He sank to the floor with a cocksure smirk and landed on a single knee. It took a second to recover after that jump, but he swayed and broke into a quick run underneath the bird, to the other side of it.

"Keep going!"

Twinfire Phoenix: 90/100

The Phoenix rose into the sky as it was trying to recover the hits. As the Phoenix soared over the battlefield to track it's targets choosing which enemy to attack this time. The Phoenix's feathers began to radiate a heat, but weren't intended for dealing any damage to a player.

Finally, after picking a foe to attack, it dropped down in elevation and landed before the first group of players. The Phoenix looked over at Alkor, who was the most recent attacker. It ignored Ryu, though he did the most damage, this meant nothing to the boss at the moment.

The Phoenix then brought it's wings up and began to flap them as hard and fast as it could, sending an aura of fire at the player, that looked like it could provide heavy damage if hit. As the heat wave flew into the player, the skin of the player began to boil and in fact a part of his clothes caught fire for a second.

Battle Damage: 6 (Base Damage) + 2 Turns of 1 Damage

Alkor: 5/11 2 Turns of 1 Damage