Lessa ran a hand through her hair. This was getting out of hand. She needed to finish a piece for Rebekah, and fast, before she ran out of materials all together. This was her first job, and she could not just let it fall apart like this. "One more, and I'll tell Rebekah to find someone else," the girl said to her empty store. It was unfair of her to keep stringing Rebekah on like that. I've used too many materials as it is.

She plucked her final material from the very small pile, and thrust it into the fire. As she set the glowing piece on her anvil, she noticed that it was growing a bit brighter than the others. Curious, she selected Klein's Hammer of Dawn. After a few strikes, she knew that it was finally happening. She was finally crafting the perfect item.

{(415) 11 + 1 (Hammer of Dawn) = 12. Perfect item crafted. 1 material for Rebekah.}

Item: Rapier

Name: Heartstriker

Quality: Perfect

Description: +3 Damage

Total cost for the item: 6 materials.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebekah had received the notification of her sword being completed. She quickly sent a reply to Lessa, she had 2 of the 6 mats that she needed for this item. She will quickly try to finish her collection, as soon as possible.

She knew that she could not keep Lessa waiting for long, and now had to quickly finish collecting the rest of the materials that she needed to pay Lessa in exchange for this sword.

He walks down the street looking at all the shops he came across the shop on the out side of town he looked at the pink writing and shrugged a bit as he opens the door and looked around it seemed to be and armory " Hello.... She might be busy.. " he was a bit never us. he looked down at his armor and nodded a bit as he took a few steps inside he saw a not pad on the front desk and a pen next to it he picked up the pen and looking over the request form. He wrote down that he would like a pair of arm gauntlets with life steal +2 and if she could get the item high enough +1 to Dmg mit the color a white at the fingers then black for most of the arm part the faded to a purple at the ends he gets out the 5 mats and put them in the envelope part of the form he also write down if more mats are need send me a message and I would glade get more for you.  He left the form on the table and walked out of the shop.

Lessa read over the message, and shot back a quick message. She assured Rebekah not to worry about it, and to take her time getting the materials together. Her sword would be waiting for her here.

Now, she had eight materials to make Tristan's requests. There were three of them, and the truth was, she was a bit nervous. It had taken her six materials to craft Rebekah's perfect weapon. How would she craft three items using only two more materials? Thankfully, Tristan had given her a lot of wiggle room when it came to how the equipment turned out.

She selected one of his eight materials, and began to work on it. Much to her surprise, her first attempt was not half bad. It was not perfect, but it was still of excellent quality. "Tristan will love this," she said aloud.

{[518] Rolled a 10 + 1 (Hammer of Dawn) = 11. Crafts a rare item. 7/8 materials for Tristan.}

Item: Gauntlets

Name: Scaled Gauntlet of the Iron Lords

Quality: Rare

Description: Complex gauntlets made by a special black iron, the design makes arm movement highly faster, almost too fast. Grants +2 Accuracy.

The young woman set aside Tristan's gauntlets. She had not required any further payment than the materials, so he was free to pick it up whenever he liked.

Then, she wandered back to the warmest corner of her shop. Slipping another one of Tristan's materials into the fire, she wondered while she might craft this time. She still had seven materials work with, and she hoped she would not have to use all of them. Again, her mind drifted back to Rebekah's craft. She had spent too many materials on it. You're still new, her conscience reminded her. But it did not raise her spirits. 

The item she crafted looked nice, but it was not exactly what she wanted. "I can do better for someone in my guild," she muttered.

{[663] Rolled a 9 + 1 (Hammer of Dawn) = 10. Crafts an uncommon item.}

"I have three more items to craft," Lessa said aloud, reminding herself of her jam-packed queue. "I need to buckle down and get this done." She went to pick up another item from Tristan's pile, then hesitated. Did she want a repeat of last time? To just chop away at all of the customer's materials? "Maybe I'll use my last material, and work on something personal," she told herself. Might as well take a breath, and work on something else for bit. Then she nodded. It was decided.

Picking up her last material, she went about the preparation process. She felt that she had done this same thing dozens of times before. But I guess that comes with the job, she thought. I need to go get more materials anyway. Maybe I'll do that next. It would get her out of the shop, and into the fresh air that she so desperately needed.

But the moment she pulled the material from the fire, she knew she had something special. It was still glowing, which was not unusual. The material generally had a red tint to it from the heat. But this was different. The material dropped on her anvil gave off a stunning red light. As she struck it with her Hammer of Dawn, energy seemed to burst through her hand and climb up her arm. Goosebumps covered her body. A bead of sweat clung to her temple. Sparks that paled in comparison to the materials brilliance flew with every strike of her hammer. "My god," she muttered as it slowly took shape.

There was a burst of light. What lay before her was the most beautiful, most powerful thing that she had ever crafted.

"This is Alkor's sword."

{[665] Rolled a 12. Perfect item crafted.}

Item: One-Handed Sword

Name: Nightbringer

Appearance: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs31/i/2008/223/f/c/Igrnantra_by_TheUltraman.jpg

Quality: Perfect
Description: A vicious looking sword, blood-red in color, with an ornate hilt. It adds +3 damage, and has a slight red glow when it makes contact.

Still a bit shaken from the previous craft, Lessa plucked a material off of Tristan's stack. "Back to work," she commented, brushing her hair back from her hair with her free hand. Once again, she held the material in the flames until it grew hot. Her mentor had taught her what to look for, and how to tell that the material was ready to be crafted. When she determined it was, the blonde dropped the material onto the anvil and began to work it.

Of course, not every craft could be a success. This material simply would not work with her, no matter how she struck it. Even the Hammer of Dawn did nothing to save the material. With a disgusted cry, Lessa dropped the material into the pile of scraps. "Again," she murmured.

{[673] Rolled a 2. Material lost. 6/8 materials for Tristan.}

It was a new day.

Lessa stood in front of the fire, warming a new piece of material. The flames danced in her blue eyes, and the heat of warmed her cheeks. When she deemed the ore was ready, she pulled it from the fire and rest it on her anvil. Her fingers crawled across the tools that hung on the wall, and she plucked the Hammer of Dawn.

As soon as she began work on Tristan's breastplate, she knew it was going to be of high quality. The material seemed to shape itself. The final product that rest before her was beautiful, and she could not help but smile.

"Tristan will love this."

{[687] Rolled a 12. Perfect item crafted. 5/8 materials for Tristan.}

Name: Breastplate of the Iron Lord

Item: Breastplate

Description: A sturdy, jet-black breastplate. Provides an additional +1 damage mitigation and +2 evasion.

"Five materials left," Lessa commented, her hands on her hips, her gaze on the small pile. She had had impossibly good luck crafting for Tristan, and there was only one more item on his list. Hopefully, she would knock it out quickly, and she could move on to other projects. Besides, the sooner Tristan was all situated, the better. He was her guild mate, and it was her responsibility to ensure he was geared up.

She prepared another material. Tristan had asked her to make adjustments to his old gauntlets, and she figured it would be a good use of his remaining ore. As she struck the material with the Hammer of Dawn, and began to fit the new pieces to his old gauntlets, she was pleased by the final outcome.

{[688] Rolled an 11 + 1 (Hammer of Dawn) = 12. Crafted a perfect item.}

Item: Gauntlets

Name: Scaled Gauntlet of the Iron Lords v. 2

Quality: Perfect

Description: Complex gauntlets made by a special black iron, the design makes arm movement highly faster, almost too fast. Grants +2 Accuracy, and +1 Bleed.

Rebekah had finally arrived back from her training run, she had the 6 mats, she needed to give to Lessa to trade for her new rapier, as she waited for her to show up after ringing the bell, she had the trade request window ready. It was a long day collecting, but it was also nice as she gained quite a bit of battle experience while going on a journey to collect mats.

[Gives Lessa 6 Mats]

At the sound of the bell, Lessa emerged from the depths of her shop. Upon spotting Rebekah, the blonde's face lit up with a grin. "Hi, Rebekah!" The shopkeeper greeted warmly. "So glad you made it back! Your sword has been waiting for you." Lessa brought up her menu, and pulled the sword from her inventory to the trade box. Then, she pressed confirm. "These materials will be great, thank you." She flashed the other woman a smile, and concluded with, "let me know if you need anything else. I'd be happy to help."

"And now, gauntlets for Claim," the woman mused, moving back to her shop. She dropped all of the materials from Rebekah onto her work table. Then, she moved to another pile, and selected a single material. She would use what Claim gave her for this piece. Moving to the flames in the corner of her shop, Lessa shoved the material deep inside. When it was finally ready to be worked, she moved to the anvil.

Even with the help of the Hammer of Dawn, the final product was a pitiful one. Lessa shivered, then tossed the material onto the wrecked pile. "No good," she muttered.

{[786] Craft: 3 + 1 (Hammer of Dawn) = 4. Bad item crafted. 4/5 material from Claim.}

The woman scooped up another material, and went to work prepping it for molding. "Only four left," she commented to herself. Then she sighed. Having a limited amount of materials made things difficult sometimes. It would be so much easier if she could simply craft without a care in the world.

Her Hammer of Dawn worked to mold the piece into Claim's gauntlets. The final product was passable, but not anything close to the quality she was looking for. Lessa frowned. "Better than nothing," she said.

{[831] Craft: 9 + 1 (Hammer of Dawn) = 10. Good item crafted. 3/5 materials for Claim.}

Rebekah had the next day, and already had a new request. She had ringed the bell, and is now waiting for the girl to show up at the front of the store. She had already filled out a quote order form, and was ready to hand it to her. She was looking for an unnamed Chef's tool to help her out with her cooking.

(Name - TBA; Perfect Quality; Ambition Rank 1; + 1 EXP for each Craft/Food Cooked)

She knew that she was busy with the flood of orders especially with a potential boss fight upcoming, and would like to tell her, it can wait, the armour and weapons are higher priority, and this can wait for a while.

Lessa stepped into the front of her shop, and glanced over Rebekah's order. "I'll look into it for you," she told her, nodding. "May be a while, but I'll see what I can do."

Then, she disappeared back into the depths of her forge. The warmth of the fire kissed her cheeks as she picked up another of Claim's materials. When it was warm enough for crafting, she moved back to her anvil and began to work.

The craft was an absolute nightmare. This was possibly the worst thing she had ever made, the material simply oozing off the edges of her anvil. "Terrible," she muttered, tossing what was left of the material into the pile.

{[862] Craft: 1. Craft failed. 2/5 materials for Claim.}

"I can do some much better," Lessa muttered, shaking her head. Her blonde hair fell into her eyes, and she brushed it back as she grabbed for another material. That's when she noticed there were only to left. She hesitated, biting her lower lip. Then, she picked one up anyway. She had a job to do, and if it used up the last of Claim's materials, so be it.

She prepped her material, and brought it back to her anvil. The Hammer of Dawn struck it repeatedly, but the quality of this craft was not much better. She let out a frustrated cry, dropping the hammer back onto her work bench.

{[864] Craft: 3 + 1 (Hammer of Dawn) = 4. Bad item crafted. 1/5 materials for Claim.}

"Last one," Lessa murmured. She picked up the last of Claim's materials, then made her way back to the fire. She stared into the flames, a hard, determined look on her face. She had one more shot. She could not have a repeat of Rebekah's craft. Drawing the material from the fire, she made her way to the middle of her shop. Armed with her Hammer of Dawn, she was ready for one last go.

The final product was terrible. The woman had to fight back tears as she pitched the materials into her pile. She would have to figure something else out.

{[866] Craft: 2. Craft failed. 0/5 materials for Claim.}

Asagi was looking around the buildings towards the boundaries of the city.  He knew that it was around here somewhere, Alyssa's own business.  He had been pretty surprised to learn that she was a fairly acclaimed smith along with the many battle talents she had exuded.  Spending a bit of time gathering items for her craft he could think of no other person he would want to make his new weapon.  As he thought about this suddenly he saw a beautiful sign that announced the Wild Rose Forge.  This was it, this was her place, he was thankful he had found it out here rather detached from the rest of the city.  Entering into the establishment the fire bristled with life and he looked around to see if his friend was around.

"Alyssa, come on out I know your here somewhere.  I have a favor to ask if you wouldn't mind."

"I'll be with you in just a moment!" Lessa called out. She could hear voices from the front of the shop, but she did not have the time to talk. She already had a full queue, and the boss fight was quickly approaching. It was vital she finished up her current projects.

This time, Lessa grabbed one of her own materials. She would have to make due, and just charge Claim a bit more than they had anticipated. Warming the material, she hoped it would turn out better than previous crafts. She was running out of time.

But the item was not any better. In fact, the final product was only good quality. Lessa gave a frustrated cry.

{[992] Craft: 5 + 1 (Hammer of Dawn) = 6. Good item crafted. 1 additional material for Claim.}