OP-F1 Night party and dinner (Complete)

Rue was in floor one waiting for nothing in particular. She put on the notice board " I am hosting a party. Have fun! Meet at the center of the town of beginnings. We will also have dinner like steaks and hamburgers. We can use a NPC's grill come have fun!"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L wondered around town, still stinging from his last battle. "Hmm, what's this?" He read the sheet of paper stuck to the board. "Meat?!' His mouth began to water and looked at the paper in awe. Being an addict of red meat, he instantly made note of this event. He wasn't going to miss it.

Rue set up the disco ball and got the music ready. She put steaks and hamburgers on the grill then some hotdogs. She wanted this to be big. Maybe 30 players attending if she was lucky. Most people would come for food. The music which degenerated to listen to was the popular music of the hip hop stations. Fancy started playing and Rue began to him it. Come on everyone. She then got out refreshments. She had a few beers some water and juices. Also kool-aid. She thought everyone would enjoy this party.

Ryuu wasn't really into big social events, but he seemed to have changed a bit since he entered SAO. He met others like him, and even though there would probably be people there who still call him the DC (Demon Child), he wanted to meet some people that wouldn't, or at least wouldn't use the name to antagonize him.

He walked into the plaza and saw Rue put things together. "Hey there. Anything I could help with?"

Rue smiled. Sure! The song had changed to a unknown song to her. You can put some chaired out and tables. In the back though. She got the steaks off and put them on a huge platter. She then put up some banner and after Ryuu was finished they would be done. Unless if he thought of something.

Ryuu grabbed a few tables and started bringing them out, along with four chairs. He set the chairs around the first table and proceeded to do the rest. After getting all the chairs and tables out, Ryuu walked over to Rue and asked, "Is that it or do you have something else I could do?" Ryuu pulled out two chairs for them both to sit down. Being the gentleman that he was, he waited for Rue to sit before he did.

L walked casually to the event and spotted out the two mingling with each other.  "Good evening fellow... fellows... I'll be as straight forward as possible, i just came back from a battle and I'm starved. When does the main even begin?" He leaned carelessly on Ryuu's chair, seemingly clueless to formalities. 

The blonde wandered the streets of the Town of Beginnings. Though she had leveled significantly since she first appeared there, she often returned. It held a sort of nostalgic value for her. Furthermore, it offered her the opportunity to help others. Nearly every time she ventured back, she stumbled across a confused level one player. The woman found a lot of satisfaction in aiding others, and she knew she would not have survived had it not been for Kiluia and Alkor's kindness. They had found her as a lost level one player as well. Maybe she could be that mentor figure to someone else.

Out of habit, Lessa checked over the notice board. Among shop advertisements and job requests, she noticed something unusual. An invitation to a party. The young woman studied the invitation for a moment, hands on her hips, head tilted slightly. "Huh," she said, finally. "Why not?" She had been training hard lately. A break might be exactly what she needed.

It took her only a few minutes to locate the party. It seemed that was early. No worries, she thought to herself. Maybe there is something I can do to help set up. The place was crawling with people she had never met before. But never one to be shy, Lessa strode right up to the group.

It wasn't a general policy of Alkor's to attend group functions of any kind. When he saw the listing posted on a wall of the first floor, this day wasn't any different. He'd come to this floor to pick up some necessity items from one of the shops. When the group amassed came into view, his face seized up in something akin to pain.

"Just don't look at them," he muttered to himself, "don't make eye contact and they won't bother you."

It was his rotten luck that he would stumble directly into the heart of a party for players. A party of NPCs wouldn't have been a big deal, but these were real people. Alkor winced as he began to walk through the plaza and realized there were no places he could hide, nor were there any paths he could take to avoid bothering the others.

Ah, well, he resigned himself. There was a gaudy looking, reflective ball hanging and the distinct, luscious scent of meat just waiting to be cooked wafted across his senses; Alkor gulped. He almost wanted to join in, just for the food. No, he shook his head to dispel the traitorous thoughts.

Just a few more paces, and he would be free. No one had seen him, or if they had, they'd made no attempt to stop him. At least, they hadn't yet...

Rue seen Ryuu bring over chairs to sit. You can sit she said. I am the hostess and there is a hungry player coming here now. She could tell he was anxious to get food before he asked her when it started. She got him some steak and sat down with Ryuu bringing a few chairs. She seen a few more people gathering and then some country songs began to play. She knew a slow song would come in a few minutes it was tuned to do that. It picked song stations then threw a few slow songs in for people to dance to.

As the young woman heard the country music, she broke into a huge grin. Her cheeks flushed excitedly, and she began looking around. Upon spotting her target, she moved up alongside Rue. "Hello there," she greeted warmly. "If I am not mistaken, you are the hostess of this party?" She motioned to the small gathering of people that seemed to grow with each passing moment. "I just wanted to thank you for the invitation, and compliment your music choice." She laughed softly, shaking her head. "It has been a long time since this girl heard any country music. I've missed it more than I realized."

Rue grinned back at the lady. I am the hostess of the party. And I'm an flattered that you like the music. Not a lot of people like country anymore. You have fun. Oh! Sorry, I'm Rue. If your hungry I can get you something or a drink? Rue continued to grin.

L took a bite of the meat and pulled back from it slightly "Not my kind of meat, it's not tender enough.." L got up and walked over the empty spit and got a large hunk of boar meat on a bone and started to cook. He watched it roast with fierce intensity as his mouth began to water. "This will do"

Alkor winced when he heard the music choice and stopped short of leaving the area. He saw the meat ready to be eaten and stared at it thoughtfully, conflicted about whether or not he should go for some.

His eyes flickered beneath his hood. No, I shouldn't. Alkor looked at the shop in the distance and sighed. It wasn't too much further to walk.

After a moment, he shook his head. Screw it. I'm hungry. Flipping his hood back and joining the group uneasily, Alkor looked around and waited for someone to engage him. He didn't want to grab the food without saying something.

Rue looked around seeing a player. She looked more closely at the player and grinned. She knew this player. They had teamed awhile back with Angel and Mayonaka. She pardoned the girl and grinned again. Alkor? Is that you? She looked at him again and said you look awful hungry you should eat.

"O-oh," he said when the girl used his name, and he blinked several times. After a moment, it dawned on the swordsman that this was someone he'd been in a party with before. Alkor strained to recall her name. "Rue, isn't it?" He asked, making his very best attempt to sound polite, strained as it was. "I appreciate your hospitality," he said with a slight bow.

"I am really hungry," he admitted, a hand on his stomach. Both his eyes slid shut and he wore the stupid sort of grin someone who was embarrassed might have. "I guess I let time get away from me while I was grinding."

He didn't want to bother her too much more with his blathering, so he said, "excuse me for interrupting," and set about collecting a plateful of food, fighting back the urge to just stuff his face. When he finally sat down, it was in a corner isolated from where everyone else was, and he bit into some of the meat like he'd never eaten before in his life. "Delicious," he mumbled between bites, spittle dribbling from the corner of his mouth. All politeness could easily be forgotten in the face of real hunger.

Lessa nodded, and gave a polite smile as the hostess took her leave. She began to survey the other guests, before Rue's voice caught her attention.

Alkor?

Navy eyes widened, and the blonde whipped around to face the source. Sure enough, there he stood. Though she was always excited to see him, she was equally perplexed by his presence. Eyebrows rose as she regarded him with a mixture of confusion and amusement. Why in the world was a guy like that at an event like this? She had arrived at the party with every intention of meeting new people and making new friends. But she could not possibly stay at the same party as Alkor without at least saying hello.

She moved through the line quickly, scooping a small helping of everything onto her plate. Then, she dropped into the seat beside Alkor.

"This is a surprise," she greeted, grinning broadly.

L took a bite of his large hunk of meat smiling as he finished it off "Best. Meal. Ever! For a game that is.. heh. Well then i suppose it is rude to stay at such an event and not greet the host!" 

He walked over to Rue with an outreached hand "Hello, my name is Life, but you can call me L for short. I like what you've done here, it's not everyday you see such a selfless display of kindness. Im not too sure about the choice of music though" He said playfully as a sheepish grin spread across his face and his black wavy hair blowing in the wind.