OP-F1 Night party and dinner (Complete)

He tilted his head and thought to himself. There were all these players around him but none seemed to be concerned with the fact that they've been trapped forever in the game. He looked back at Rue "It's nice to meet you. I've noticed that some of us have made it pretty far in the game. Do you know what the highest current floor is? I've heard they're fighting a something called the Bone-Knight. I'd like to join them but I feel I'm far too weak."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah something like that. I'm going to work myself and my guild and level up and got to a boss fight some day. I do think they are on like floor nine orTen or something like that. Enjoy the food. Oh and there are tents in my inventory. Or there is a inn right there.

Alkor looked up from his food with a crazed look that faded into one of embarrassment. "Mmmmmrgh..." he gulped down the mouthful he had and blinked. "Lessa?" He knew it was her, but for some reason, he hadn't expected to find her on the first floor. In this city, where they'd first met- a fact that slipped past him- they sat next to each other sharing a meal.

"Surprise, huh?" He could agree with that. If not for a freak spike of hunger, he wouldn't have stopped here. It was probable she wouldn't even have seen him. "Yeah. Guess it is."

He took another bite of his food, then set it down in his lap. His eyes closed and he took a breath. "Good food," he said.

He thought for a moment and looked back at Rue. "You're the host. Your choice, i don't mind either way. After all Im just here to meet people. Although i don't think you would want to waste tents inside town would you? We could use them to head out of the city and watch the stars. Then again the Inn is always a great place to drink and party. We could take a vote?" He took a look at the rest wondering if they heard him and wanted to contribute and of their input.

Yes I guess we could do that. We all could handle ourselves. She took some food and put it on the platter. She sat next to like eating g her food quietly. Then rock music began to play. I forgot about the rock. She rolled her eyes. She didn't care for it much. She then looked at L. How.come I've never seen you before? I mean frequent.

Lessa studied him for a moment, unsure of how to respond. It was unusual to see Alkor in such a state as this, mouth full and cool, calm exterior completely absent. Then, she burst out laughing. She laughed until she was red in the face, and the first signs of tears clung to the corners of her blue eyes.

"I'm sorry," she said finally, between giggles. "This is all just so weird. This whole party thing." Then, she reached out and placed a hand on Alkor's shoulder. "And seeing you here! What are the odds?" She sighed happily, and wiped at her eye with the back of her pink sleeve. Still smiling to herself, she dug into her own food.

There were a million things that they could talk about. Boss battles, gear, how much training had taken place since they had last met. But Lessa did not feel the desire to bring the realities of the game back to the forefront. For once, she felt as though staying alive was not such a problem. With the music, the laughter, and the sweet smell of food, she felt as though nothing could go wrong. Instead, she remained quiet, but kept her eyes on Alkor nonetheless.

L looked up into the sky unsure of how to answer her question. After a good 3 minutes of thinking he breathed out heavily "To be completely honest.. i've been carefree. I didn't want to concern myself with this death trap. I never asked to be placed in a world of death and suffering but here i am against my own will.." He looked back at Rue worried to see if she had started to think lesser of him "I guess you could say i was a coward..." He looked down to his hand and he clenched it into a fist "Everyday someone is going through their own struggle.. their own personal battles. Even if this is a game, i want to protect everyone. That's why i've been making such an effort now.. seeing all of you guys just makes me want to protect you all even more, eventually moving to the front lines. So i can end the sickness once and for all and create a better world. A world of peace and love." He lifted his fist into the sky and releasing his fingers, reaching out to the sky and grasping something invisible as a symbolic reference. His black wavy hair blew in the wind as he closed his eyes though his stern determined look seemed to be unchanged.

Alkor held Lessa's gaze for a moment until he heard Life speaking, then he spared a quiet glance over toward the man. Though he said nothing, there was a sense that he understood where the young man was coming from. Alkor rarely took the time to show attentiveness where it hadn't been solicited from him.

He turned his eyes back toward Lessa, who had placed a delicate hand on his shoulder, and he flinched just a bit. The man behind the avatar was one unused to physical contact, and though his virtual character had been struck countless times, human contact was still foreign to him.

It was interesting how different that things were, not battling bosses or fighting out on the floor. When they were just players- people- in a place, enjoying each others company. Alkor took another bite of food, and his eyes slipped shut. "It's nice, isn't it?" He asked quietly.

The sun had faded beyond the buildings, and stars began to twinkle into view above them. Flames blinked into view in the streets, offering additional light to players who were moving around in the night. "Wouldn't mind just stargazing for once," he murmured, though he didn't anticipate a response to those words.

He opened his eyes and looked at both of his hands, he blinked and excessive amounts of blood appeared dripping from his palms, he blinked again and they disappeared. He shut his eyes hard and tried not to think.

He heard the opinion of the boy behind him and smiled "Then what are we waiting for!" He got up in a hurry and started to make his way to the tallest hill he could find. 

When she felt his arm flinch slightly under her touch, she pulled it away quickly. Maybe the touch had crossed a line, but she felt so at ease. Surrounded by people, music, and laughter, she could not help herself. It felt as if she was back home.

"It is nice," she replied, finally. She gave him a soft smile, then took a few more bites off of her plate. When Alkor spoke again, she found herself caught off-guard for a second time. Alkor? Stargazing? It seemed that the night was just full of surprises. She quickly shoveled a few more spoonfuls of food into her mouth. "I'm game," she then replied, to both Alkor and the newcomer.

Realizing she was not properly introduced to the man, Lessa jogged up alongside the player known as Life. "Hello there," she greeted. "I don't think that we've met. My name is Lessa."

L looked back at the girl and was stunned for a moment "I don't think we have, have we" He held out his hand to properly introduce himself. He sensed her feeling of comfort and joy . "It's almost like we never left isn't it" He smiled warmly, his green hazel eyes looking straight into hers. "My name is Life but everyone i know calls me L for short. It's a beautiful night wouldn't you agree?" It wasn't uncommon for him to open up so easily to those who were kind to him. However more than anything else he enjoyed the company of those who showed mutual respect and honesty.

Alkor stood up quietly as the two players introduced themselves and got acquainted, stretching his arms out above his head. When he let out his yawn, his arms had already fallen and both hands had retreated into the pockets of his cloak. "Alright, kids, let's go see some stars," he remarked comically as he strode past Lessa and Life.

The hill wasn't that far to walk, and despite being outside the safe zone, the had little to worry about on the first floor. Alkor led the charge toward the top, albeit at a snail's pace. They had all night to get where they were going- why worry?

Each step took him further from the rest of the group, but they were following. At least, they said they would be. Alkor was almost to the foot of the hill by the time he looked back, just to see if they really were. "The stars sure are bright," he remarked quietly. They looked like shimmering white ships sailing on a sea of darkness.

"Its a pleasure, L!" She exclaimed, blue eyes dancing in the light of the flames that now lit the street. "And yeah, it really is a beautiful night." Her voice grew quiet when she spoke again. "I've missed nights like this." And she had, but not just for the stars. She missed the feel of not fearing for her life. Of simply being with others, and enjoying herself for once. I needed this.

As Alkor strode by, and called out, Lessa's smile widened. "Aye aye," she quipped, before glancing back to Life. "Coming along, yeah?" As she walked alongside the young man, she ventured another glance at his face. "I'm surprised I haven't run into you yet," she continued. "Of course, I don't claim to know everyone here. But you and I look comparable in level. I just can't believe that we haven't worked together before." 

The discussion carried them out of the city, and to the big hill that stood just outside the safe zone. She spotted Alkor, standing alone at the foot of it. Quietly, she moved up behind him. "Beautiful, huh?" She murmured, just loud enough for the two of them to hear it. 

"We still talking about the stars?" He joked. Alkor had never been the best at talking, but Lessa always seemed to be lighthearted or joking in his presence. Though he didn't have the best bedside manner, the way he glanced at her out of the corner of his eye as he spoke let her know he was scrutinizing her.

Stars had always been a constant for him. He led the small contingent up the hillside and sat himself down beneath the lone tree that sat atop it. "It's weird though," he murmured, "none of these constellations mirror any of the ones in the real world. It's like learning an all new sky."

He folded his arms across his chest to garner some warmth, then smiled. "Not that it's bad, I guess. I just miss the real stars."

At first, Lessa was surprised by his comment. She had not expected it from him. Then, she smiled. "Well, I'm certainly not talking about you," she teased back. She felt his gaze on her, but it was difficult to make out his features in the darkness. Instead of trying, and looking like she was giving him some creepy stare, the girl looked back up at the stars. When Alkor dropped down against the trunk of the tree, she sat beside him. Lessa was conscious enough to leave space between them. He was still uneasy about being touched, and the last thing she wanted to do was cram herself next to him. Leaning against the rough bark, she followed his gaze.

"Learning a whole new sky, huh?" She replied. "That's not good. It took me an entire semester of astronomy class to learn the first sky." The truth was, she really did love astronomy. She even named her new familiar Orion, in honor of her favorite constellation. But now did not seem the time for an in-depth discussion on stars.

"I miss them too," she finally confessed. Pulling her knees tight to her chest, she hugged herself tightly. "I miss a lot of things."

Ryuu decided to follow in their example. He went and found an area where he was alone, in theory. He spread himself out on the grass and stared up at the sky. He didn't care too much for the stars, but the moon, on the other hand, was always something he loved staring at. "It looks so close, yet is so far away, and is still strong enough to influence things on earth. Oh, and how beautiful it is tonight."

Ryuu closed his eyes for a bit and let the tension from his last few days drain from his body. After all, one should relax and enjoy himself at a party. It would be rather unsightly to see such a tense individual at one. It might send the wrong message. He opened his eyes again and watched the night clouds move across the sky.

L split away slightly from the group to be alone with his thoughts as he put his arms behind his head and looked up to the night sky. "The moon looking down on me why are you so beautiful? Casting your shadow down on the earth you set the night ablaze. Why do you do this to me moon? All alone with no where to go, death imminent at any moment. Why? Why do you do this to me. Don't you love me anymore my moon? Do you feel better surrounded by the stars, comforted the way i couldn't comfort you? Why do you hate me so.. I didn't mean to make you cry moon, your beauty is too much for me to bare..." He closed his eyes for a few moments and opened them to find the sky a darkened blue and the moon covered in crimson blood. Visions like these were not uncommon for him. "Moon... i beg you..." He kicked back were he was sitting and the night returned to normal as he heard the laughter and voices of his friends.

He sat still for a moment once again captivated by the moons light, artificial but still as beautiful as it's always been. A full moon, the same one it seemed that shod upon that dreary night. A night buried in his memories so that not even he could remember, just visions.. a phantom that haunted him in his dreams, a phantom that haunted him daily.  

Tristan walked in, having beforehand noticed the sign. He was by no means an introvert, so the party sounded interesting. Then again, he'd love to see a deputy head of a retail store that actually was an introvert. The sales would be terrible, that's for sure.

He walked by, thinking of how he desperately was needing to play some music. Oh how he wanted to....

He hadn't realised just how much he missed, tinkering around with music before he entered SAO.

It was while at the party that people ate. Tristan was not so hungry though. Instead, he produced a guitar he bought for 100 Col at the market. There were not many music stores, so he had to make do with this left handed guitar. Which was rather practical, seeing as he was left handed. Its a shame he didnt know many songs though.

There was one song though that popped into his head. He made it when he was in school with a band he was in. He was the singer and cello player, though he was sure he could do the guitar, as it was quite slow and simple. Plus it was one of the few songs that made justice of his vocal range, deep but powerful.

"Well, here goes nothing."

He ended up getting in full swing of it, as the nostalgia hit back of times long past. It also helped assure him just what role he wanted. He wanted to become...a performer. Yeah. That'd be nice...

When he was done with the song, Tristan did a bit of tuning on the guitar. As the 22 year old man, though not looking the age, tuned his guitar, he wondered what to play next. Then something popped to mind. It was a song he wasn't very familiar with, but nonetheless he should be able to manage it.

As he tuned, he looked around the room. He noticed Lessa, but couldn't otherwise see anyone of any particular interest, so kept playing. Besides, Lessa looked busy with her own thing at the moment. It was at that point he wondered.

Tristan was a grown man at 22, with a stable and reasonably earning job. How many of these were even close to his age? Lessa had an air of maturity around her, but probably wasn't older than him. The rest still had the young faces of teenagehood, though lines in their faces showed the burden of being shoved into the harsh reality of SAO. He could understand how being trapped and being in such a situation could distress some, especially at a younger age when chemicals in your brain were still cooking like a hotpot and causing an emotional mess. He sighed, wishing he wasn't such a low level. Otherwise he would offer more than just words of wisdom from his elder age.

He strummed the entire string set, now sounding how it should. Now just to hope he could remember all the chords for this song...