[OP-F? The Speakeasy] Not In The Usual Mood (Limit of ten people)

I walked into a fairly new shop named "The Speakeasy" with my arms folded and looked around. I had rented this shop for the night before it even opened, and I was loving it so far. The place was a fair size for what I was planning for tonight. Lights were handing down from the ceiling in the center while towards the back of Speakeasy had a bar. I looked at that in disgust, beer and anything alcoholic to was absolutely disgusting. To the left, right by the door, was  a few comfortable couches. On the right was a beautiful gold pattern on the wall. Everything in the place matched, and that was one of the reasons I chose this location for my party. Well, more like Keith's party. He had talked me into being the hostess of a big holiday bash to make "friends" and "meet new people" Apparently I couldn't just glare at people from a distance, I had to interact with them. To me it was like Keith was treating me like a little kid who needed to be taught social skills. Either way, I was having a party.

Snapping myself out of admiring the place I looked at the door. I wiped my sweaty palms on the front of my dress and stepped outside. From there, I dragged in a gigantic tree and set it up in the center of the room. It was perfectly centered but sadly no decorations were hung on it. Since it was the holidays I opened my inventory and took out an item, placing under the tree. I was being generous because I had heard this was what you did during a holiday party. Plus my parents used to stick gifts under the tree when I was little. A tree was set up in the greeting room all year long so that every time I walked in the door I could pick a present and open it. The colors on the tree was changed to periodically match the seasons, and right now during winter we would have a green one. I stood up and looked around the room. Everything was perfect, the only two things needed to be done was wait for the guests and change my hair color. 

Opening my inventory again I took out my hair dying potion that I bought just a couple days before. I opened it and drank it all without even checking to see if it was the right one. I ran over to the bar and looked at my reflection in one of the bottles. I placed the bottle back and smirked, my hair was now red instead of black and white. I sat down on a bar stool and watched the door. And now, a performance by Kiru like none other...I sighed knowing that if someone I wasn't fond of came I would just smile and greet them. 

Item removed from inventory and placed under the tree:

â–ºLiquid Bravery

Shop: http://www.sao-rpg.c...tial-alchemics/
Description: much like liquor this allows someone to carry out their Heart's desire, without fear, Unlike liquor you keep your complete mental faculties.

Item used on hair:

â–ºGingerfy

Quality: Good

Crafted in: Pranksters Paradise

Description: The person who drinks this potion has their hair changed to red.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akane was intrigued by the appearance of a shop that stood in front of him, and was certain that something interesting waited inside. He started towards the door, stopped, looked the shop up and down once again, and entered. Upon entry, he was greeted by the sight of two things: a rather large tree, and a girl with red hair. Akane smiled and said to the girl, "Is this some sort of party?" As he looked around, he couldn't help but admire how nice the room looked.

London was walking about the city streets until he saw in the distance a girl dragging in a giant Christmas tree inside of what seemed to be a new pub. Naturally curious, London headed over to the pub and took a peak inside, looking back and forth and seeing the girl from earlier, now with red hair they resembled candy almost. She was sitting at the bar stool, staring at the door way, and probably now London after he quietly poked his head in, stepping inside for a moment he looked over at the girl and said "Excuse me? May I ask what you're doing here?" She was alone in a bar with a tree in the center "Christmas party?" He questioned, wondering what was actually going on. He realized he might have just came into a holiday party uninvited and said "I'm sorry, I just kind of walked in...do you need help with anything? Setting up?" He offered, awaiting the girls response.

I laid my hand against my cheek after about one minute of waiting. I was really impatient when it came to these kind of things. I began to fall asleep right when I heard the door open. I jumped off the seat with a startled look. I peeked around the tree to see an unfamiliar player. I put on a smile and walked over to greet him. Hello, yes. I guess you could say this is a party. I don't know you, or at least I don't think I do but you are welcome to stay if you like. I said, motioning him to sit on one of the couches. If someone I didn't know was the first guest then surely other people would come.

Next, another player had poked their head inside the door. I knew him from somewhere...I felt like I should know but I couldn't remember. I shrugged off the worry and walked over to him, opening the door all the way. I'm hosting a party, yes. And no, it's fine. You can put out a sign on the door saying "Christmas Party" in bold letters if you really want to help. I didn't really remember to put one there. I said, holding my tongue from yelling at the people I didn't know. So far, I was doing good with behavior. I didn't glare at anyone or anything yet. 

I checked the time and sighed. When will Keith be here..This is already getting tiring. I can't host much longer..

Arekkusu looked at the letter at hand, he knew it was a general invitation, but for it to be sent to him of all people? He would expect himself to be the last person to be invited... Yet there he was. If he though being invited by Kiru was insane, then why did he even go? Maybe it was an off day for them both, in which both need a bit of peace. Who knows? Maybe they could be the best of best friends at the end and play ring around the rosie. Arekkusu chuckled a little bit at the thought, that was the stupidest thing he ever thought of in his life... Now its the second stupidest thing he ever done. The first was arriving here. Since he was invited, Arekkusu decided to be nice to her... And then he saw her hair. He locked all his comments about the color in his mouth, he knew better than to make fun of a girls hair. Arekkusu didn't want to approach and greet her either, kind of like ignoring, but if they into each other.... They're screwed.

I noticed someone slip in the door quietly from behind me. I spun around and locked eyes with none other than Arek. With about .2 seconds to decide on what to do, I turned back around and faced the other two. I'll be right back, one of you can start the music if you like. Just don't break anything or else I'll have to pay for it. Then I put on the biggest smile I could muster around Arek and turned back to him. It was crucial for Arek and I not to push each others buttons. If that happened then there would surely be a fight. Hey! I didn't think you would show up around here but here you are..I said, not being able to fight the tension in my voice. I had sent the invite to everyone, forgetting that even people I didn't get along with could come here to celebrate.  I cleared my throat and pushed my candy red bangs from my face. Well, enjoy the party. With that, I turned on my heel and leaned by the door, hoping someone else could come. Hopefully Keith would be the next to show up. 

London nodded, "Alright, give me a moment" And went over to one of the tables to collect the letters before heading outside to put up the lettering so people would find the place rather than passing it by as another pub. He saw Arekkusu walk past and he motioned a wave but didn't really say anything. Arekkusu didn't seem to see him so there wasn't a response right away, he couldn't blame him. London had a knack for essentially fading out of existence. He scaled the side of the Pub so he was above the door, he began to put the letterings up, surprisingly they were adhesive, despite not having a sticky backside. Probably due to being a decoration. London began to think about how something like that worked in a game where physics were still somewhat in tact. I suppose it could be because of it being a decoration and the game wanting to save player hassal...I suppose hanging with nails and strings would be a bit strange...I wonder if a blacksmith hit the nail something would happen...since apparently, in this game like any other, hitting a bar of steel with a hammer will turn it into the perfect battle ready and battle hardened blade. London scoffed at the thought as he put up the letterings.

Akane shook his head when the girl mentioned starting music, and thought to himself, Why would we need music? That just draws the attention away from conversation. He watched the girl greet someone, but it wasn't really a greeting. In her voice was an easily detectable amount of tension. Akane decided that avoided the two players would be the best idea, and made his way to the tree. Looking it up and down, he grinned before crawling underneath it and sitting cross-legged. He then started to hum a Christmas tune that sounded somewhat like Jingle Bells. As he sat there, he kept finding himself drawn to the ridiculous shade of red the girl's hair was, but reminded himself that his hair, too, was an odd shade of red.

After sitting there for several minutes, he crawled out from under the tree, which was an odd sight, and walked over to the girl. "Hey," he said, â€‹"I have to ask. How did you get your hair to be that red? It's really noticeable."

Clarence was walking around the city when he spotted a new shop, some where he has never seen before. That's strange, I wonder whats up with it. Clarence thought as he approached the shop. He saw a banner and decoration hung for a  'Christmas party for all.' Clarence shrugged and decided, why not join and maybe make a few friends. "Here we go.." He mumbled and entered the shop. The first thing that he saw was the tree in the center. It didn't have decorations but it definitely said CHRISTMAS in a sense. Clarence smiled lightly and walked around till he saw a few people. One of which he recognized as Arekkusu, someone he went partying with before. "So what is going on?" He ask Arekkusu, confused.

Now too long after I leaned my let shoulder on the doorway I heard a voice calling to me. I looked over my shoulder to see the young man speaking to me. About my hair. Oh? My hair was originally half black and half white but just a few minutes ago I drank a potion that I bought at prank shop. I wanted to be at least a little festive being the hostess and all. I replied calmly, trying not to show how annoyed I was when he pestered me with questions. I'm going to kill Keith if he doesn't come in the next five minutes! Then, another player walked into the shop, yet another person I didn't recognize. He went over to Arek and I scoffed, another person I probably wouldn't get along with. 

Arekkusu heard the voice of the only female currently at thd party. So why did he hope it wasn't the voice of the lollipop he was trying to avoid. He didn't want to turn around, he didn't want to speak to her, so why did she speak to him? She couldn't be that desperate to speak with someone. Arekkusu forced himself to choke out some words of kindness from his mouth, almost a tear was ready to roll down his eye.

"Great...party..." Arekkusu said as he halfway turned his head around. The dislike among the two was so high, he didn't even know what made him arrive. But at least they weren't gripping at each others throats. Next time they meet though, choking one another will be the least that they will do to hurt one another. But for now, he was going to have to let that go.

Once she walked away, Arekkusu heard a familiar voice, one that was a lot better for him to hear. Arekkusu was asked about what was going on. It was London, good to see he again, and he seemed to have better gear. Arekkusu smiled.

"Hey there." Arekkusu said to London. "What's going on you ask? Well apparent my f..fr...Fri... Acquaintance, Kiru, threw a Christmas party."

London finished hanging up the sign and jumped down, he walked in the pub again, looking to his left seeing Kiru leaning against the wall. He nodded to her, signifying that he was done hanging up the decorations. He looked at Arekkusu as he went off towards the bar,"I see that." He commented dryly, there was still tones of friendlessness in his voice so it didn't seem like he was just wanted to left alone, that may be part of the reason why he decided to stay for the party. He sat near the back of the bar on a stool near the wall, He really did like the feel of the over all establishment...He might come here more often he thought to himself. He cycled through his inventory and removed a piece of bread and a cup of water. He ate and drank somewhat slowly looking at the table and paying more attention to his food rather than the people in the pub, occasionally gazing at the overall party to see what was going on.

As Kosan was wondering on a floor he could see a shop... "Christmas Party you say ..? I might join it" as i walked in. There i could see some faces i knew like Clarence's and Kiru's face , but it was a party i didn't knew much about and well , i didn't knew if i was wanted . As i entered i yelled. " Merry Christmas !" and took a seat , drinking something while enjoying the christmas party . It was a nice , peaceful one , for the moment.

Keith was still on edge. He was on edge and then some. While yes, he had been the one to prod Kiru to having a party, he had no clue what kind of people she hung out with. He still wasn't sure what her morality was, whether she was Maverick or not. But, this was a safe zone, so he could at least try. Keith held a present under his arm as he approached the door, then lightly knocked with the back of his fist, waiting for an answer. While most players would just barge in, Keith had class. Like, a lot of class. Like a top hat, cane, and monocle drinking champagne type of class. 

Clarence turned around and spotted Kosan out of the many people around. "Kosan!' Clarence called out and ran over to him and gave him a quick hug. "How you been? Its been a while since we last saw each other." Clarence said with a delighted smile on his face. This is a better Christmas than I thought it would be. Clarence heard some one knock on the door but he ignored it, letting the host handle it... where was the host anyways. "I'll catch up in a bit, I need to find the Host." Clarence smiled apologetically and looked around till his eyes fell on a girl. Maybe it is her. "Hi excuse me are you the host? Sorry for just barging in. It said come in for a party so I decided to enter." Clarence apologized to the woman. "Also, I think there is someone at your door."

London sighed, he heard the knocking and left his food calling out to the group "I got it.", typically there wasn't a response or even a glance towards the door. Thank god I'm a duelist and not and not an immoral assassin or I'd be the most feared player in this game. He thought as he opened the door looking at the man who stood before him. "May I help you." London said so politely and continued before waiting for a response "Are you here for the party?" he questioned. Awaiting the man's reply.

Akane was intrigued by the girl's answer, and said to her with obvious envy, "Could you tell me where I could acquire some potions like that? I feel like a different hair color every week would be fun!" Akane wanted to reach out and touch her hair so bad, but refrained from it. From the looks of this player, if he did that he would be sent flying to the uppermost level of Aincrad. Akane decided that after he got his response, he would talk to any player who dared venture to close.

I didn't catch anything that Arek said to me, I turned and was already by the door before he even finished. For now I had to keep my composure and not cause a scene with Arek. As I leaned against the doorway the second person to arrive, who's name I still did not know, came back in and gave me a nod. I took this small gesture as a form of completion, that he was done decorating the roof with the sign. Almost right after he came back in another player came. This time it was someone I actually knew. Thanks Kosan, enjoy the party. I said and rested my back against the wall, looking up at the ceiling. Over all, the party turn out was good. 

I looked up as the player with red hair addressed me again about my hair. He inquired about where I got my potions. Well, I got one at Celes' shop. That on changes your hair to a random color while the other one I bought at Prankster's Paradise. It's a shop that specializes in funny looking alchemy items that do weird things. I replied, hoping he didn't bother me with any more questions. It was rude but I really wasn't in the mood to discuss hair with someone. I turned to open the door to check the decorations that the guy had put out for me. 

Just before I was about to go outside and check the roof someone came up to me. It was the young man that was speaking with Arek just a moment ago. His question surprised me a little. He was formal and polite, nothing that I would expect from a stranger, especially none from this guy. Ah yes, I um am the host of the party. No, it isn't an issue at all that you came in without saying so. It isn't my shops anyways. I stated, unsure as to why I said the part about not owning the shop. Oh really? I said, confused; I didn't even hear a knock. I was probably spacing again. I turned to open the door but someone already had done that. I ducked under the person who answered the door to see who was here. It was Keith. I looked at him with a genuine smile, I was actually really glad he was here. I grabbed his hand and pulled him inside right away with a look of desperation in my eyes. Help me, I'm freaking out! I whispered harshly into Keith's ear and looked around.

Keith blinked and tilted his head to the side, his familiar, Ruby, tilting his head as well while Keith rubbed his nose with his thumb, still holding his present under one arm. "Well, I came by to see a good friend of mine. Is she here?" Keith realised how stupid a question that was right after he said it. Of COURSE she was here. It was her party. "Anyway, Kiru here? I helped her plan out the party, buuuut... I got a little side-tracked." Keith said, biting his lower lip and rolling his eyes, running his right hand through the back of his blue hair. Passing a chili dog stand on the way here tended to snag Keith's center of attention. 5 col for 'dog was an offer he could not refuse.

Keith then felt Kiru grab his hand and pull him in before he could finish. "Wha-? Hey!" Keith yelped, getting pulled in. The box under his arm slipped out and he caught it with his other hand. Looking back up, a small blush creeped onto his cheeks as Kiru pulled him in. It then faded back to his pale, ivory colored tone when she whispered to him. "Wait, you're having problems with the party? Well, I used to party all the time! I know how to keep these things afloat!" Keith went to more parties than his own good in the real world. Probably should have studied more, but he was teenager with a short-attention span. But, this was Aincrad. They couldn't really talk about recent track-meets or have a Super Smash Bros. tournament like he would in real life. But, Keith was crafty. 

"Here, got this for you." Keith said, handing the red wrapped box with a green ribbon to Kiru as he rolled his neck, getting ready. "First mistake is being the only girl at a party. That sets some huge diversity. It usually has to be more balanced for shared interest. But, we can hope more girls show up. Until then..." Keith said, turning down the lights in the room. "...We all share some stories. Who here has a good tale to share?"

London could hear the whispering barely and let out a sigh as he backed away from the two, he thought it'd be best to leave them be. He would have time for formalities and pleasantries once everyone had arrived. He went back to his food, sitting at the bar stool. He would have liked to actually socialize with some of the players here but they all seemed to know each other to a certain extent, he decided to not become involved unless someone came to him. "Hmh.." he chuckled to himself slightly, What were the odds of that happening? Especially someone such as the hostess or Arekkusu? They all had their friends to talk to, I'm fine with my own company. London was fully aware that he was generally perceived as a downer to most people, the way he saw it he was just a realist. And as of the moment; things weren't looking their brightest for him. I wonder what some of these people are like...He began to gaze at some of the players. Giving quick assessments or guesses on their personalities based on their appearance and from what he's seen to keep himself occupied. Maybe he could play for the people here, he knew a Christmas tune or two. He saw the lights dimmed and listen to the man address the people attending. London decided to keep to himself, he had stories of course, but it was doubtful anyone would care or even be able to follow without him giving them 3 hours worth of backstory.