[OP-F? The Speakeasy] Not In The Usual Mood (Limit of ten people)

Atma took a deep breath, looked the room over, and said, pointing at Sindon, "This is for my boy, Sindon. I chose this song as soon as we met!"

With that, Atma began.

"It's the night of the ninja dead

Shoalin hunter, i'm the kung fu zed
I got stealth and speed so you could never catch me
I'm the real meaning of "silent but deadly"
I don't need to throw stars, i'll rip my whole arm off
And hit you out the driver's side of your own car
And with my ninja skills perfected
It's a matter of time before you're all infected
When i bite you, you'll turn into a zombie."

Atma smiled and hopped down. "I'll get off my soapbox now." With that, he walked over to Sindon and grinned. "So, what did you think?"

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Atma declared that this that...poem? was dedicated to him, London became absolutely mortified. He didn't show it of course. "It was....yeah give me a moment." He turned around so his back was facing Atma and his eye began to twitch slightly and he was screaming internally. He turned around again, the room being pretty much utterly silent after that. London decided to at least attempt to be polite and nice about it, he did just sing a song for him although stupid as it was since now if no one was talking to him now, that pretty much ensured that no one ever will. "It was nice...May I ask why you chose that...song for our meeting?...Two minutes ago." Words can not describe how badly I'd like to murder this man. London thought to himself, it was an empty threat of course, he wasn't going to attempt murder or something so light hearted but it was only to show how aggravated he was by the whole ordeal...he didn't like to be called someone's "boy" literally 15 seconds after they first meet him.

Keith blinked and then looked back at Atma, who was starting to do something. Poetry. It was... Interesting, to say the least. Execution was very well done though. And then Keith remembered Kiru's question, if she became a Maverick, and what he would do. "Well..." Keith looked down and sipped his eggnog again, leaving a little white trace on his upper lip. "...I'm just not going to think that way. Having you as friend is really all I want." He whispered, looking down at his mug. It really wasn't something he favored to think over. He spent so much time becoming friends with Kiru, creating an understanding between them. The idea she could go Maverick anytime frightened him, like he hadn't really gotten anywhere with her, like he was still another stranger in her chess game.

As Kosan got up from his place he could see Clarence come and greet him . It was a nice party over all "Hey Clare.." i couldn't finish it as he leaved and went to someone else .. "Oh well , i will find him later ." i said as i saw more people coming in . I could saw a girl i saw at Celes's party .. as i walk over there i see her talk with Clarence... "Well , i will come later , don't want to disturb her .." i said as i started walking to back to a couch , where pretty much no one besides Clarence came to greet me or anything , not that i would mind .

Later i found out that in the room was a story-thing .. I didn't paid much attention and well , I didn't know when would be my turn , or what kind of story would I need to say. .. "Hope i won't have to say stories as well.. I don't know what story i could tell ... I am a boring man after all." i whispered into Kiru's ear as i took something to drink and well , sit back down enjoying the party hoping i won't do much .. I wanted to greet everyone but i was tired as i was at a hunt before. 

(OOC - sorrey for no post in long time , i've been sleeping ... Damn you timezones !)

(My excuse is just like Kosans, sorry 3:)

Arekkusus mind was occupied with every talking for once he actually felt happy in a party. Last time he was in one, he knocked over a liquor bottle and lost his mind a little, not that he yelled. He just shivered and whispered to himself a lot. There was the woman who he asked if it was important, and thinking she was a badass, she disxouraged him by saying yes it was. Arekkusu couldn't wait to get her back by slicing his blade through her, she is lot more annoying than Kiru could be to Arekkusu in his whole lifetime. Then there were the two people who helped Arekkusu calm down and gave him some col for him to survive. One was actually here, but it just so happened that they didn't come across each other often if not ever, so he can't say he remembered her name, an unfortunate twist of fate. That party was quite something that day, but it couldve been way worse in the end.

Arekkusu then realized that he wasn't paying attention to anything in the party, too deep into his thoughts to realize that someone was talking talking to him, was being the key word. He didn't know who it was because he missed them... Arekkusu shrugged and figured he will speak to them again and watched everyone with Ignite resting on his shoulder.

London was looking around as he talked to Atma. Waiting for his response. What even was that...it wasn't actual poetry or something like that. Whatever it was...I want to know why this person...Atma,was it. Decided to sing it...regarding our meeting no less than a couple of minutes ago. London looked around again, people seemed to havw just shrugged off Atma's little preformance. Good. Why this man was talking to me is beyond me, I mean, surely there were more interesting people for this guy to talk to...right? London looked over to Aerrekusu hopeing that he'd try and take Atma away or at least come over and help. However London did say he wanted someone to talk too...I suppose beggers can't be choosers.

Sindon? Who the heck is he? Now not only was I severely confused about the unknown player but the song that was sung. I looked at the purple haired guy in horror as he sang...about ninja zombies? After he finished he went over the another player and asked him what he thought. So that's Sindon I'm guessing? So self proclaimed ninja zombie...what an idiot.. This was party about the holidays yet he was talking about that kind of stuff? I paid no attention 

I rested my head on the table with a loud groan. Keith, I'm thinking that way and I want an answer. I know I'm being a hypocrite right now but as you know, I could become a maverick any day now. I don't necessarily think about that stuff before I do it. Keith, so far you are the third person I call my "friend," but you are the only one who knows really anything about me. I closed my eyes and let out another sigh. Just, if it comes down to it don't hesitate. Don't treat me any differently than any other Maverick. Keith was nearly impossible to understand in a time like this. Just a second ago we were laughing and now we were being serious, my fault I guess. Either way, Keith was still something different. 

Keith sat back in his seat again and crossed his arms, tilting his head a little to the side. "Well..." Keith started, crossing his arms as he pursed his lips in thought. "...What if you were to join me? You could join Azure Brigade and work with me and the Maverick Hunter division. I'll admit, I was starting to reach the limits of what I could do alone, and after seeing how well you do out there, I figure you're the perfect person I could work with. After all, we've had to fight closer than probably anyone else in the game. So we know each other's fighting styles and movements like it's second nature. Come on, it'll be like Batman and Robin, except we're both as cool as Batman, and neither of us are the dopey side-kick. Just imagine it, taking down powerful players every day!"

I lifted my head up off the counter and raised an eyebrow at Keith. He was actually inviting me to join a guild? He knew I didn't like being around people, especially guilds. Guilds required you to fight together and share everything you earned while being a solo player had a lot more advantages. You could be free to do as you pleased and not have any duties to do constantly. I don't want to be forced into doing things all of the time. I especially don't want to work with people I don't like, which is mostly everyone excluding just a few individuals. I then shifted in my seat to explain the other reasons, also why I thought it would be cool. 

Yes we know each others fighting styles and we could easily take someone down but to just throw away my thoughts like that...I would be doing something I liked but there are still other reasons why I shouldn't. It's just...I trailed off, not really sure what I wanted to say. Then I thought: I don't want to be hunting some of the only people I trust. Mari and Zelrius and Daeron are Player Killers. Would I have to fight them? I certainly didn't want to be forced to do anything like that. Though fighting one of them would be cool but I wanted to do it properly. In a duel to be exact. That would be cool, to be known throughout Aincrad and all...but you don't get anything from doing something like this. The cops accuse you, the people are scared of you, and you kill. Even though I've been through all of those with a green cursor I wouldn't like to go through them again. I held my own hand again to keep it from shaking, I was n't nervous or anxious. I was being asked to do something big.

Keith tilted his head in consideration, seeing how hard Kiru was taking this. "Well... You don't have to join the guild. There's not a whole lot of people in there other than myself. And Maverick Hunting isn't mandatory for everyone. Zelrius just does general exploring, and Clarence handles a few other things. I haven't seen any of them in a while though... But, you know how it is. We rarely kill Mavericks. We almost always jail them. There's one guy who used to be a Maverick Hunter too, but..." Keith gritted his teeth, thinking of Daeron. He was a traitor. Keith considered him a close friend once, but then he went Maverick, killing countless and converting many of the other guild members. He spoke nothing but lies, and just played others to get what he wanted. Wether that be power, fame, or other, more adult things. 

"But... I was just letting you know about it. You don't have to accept if you don't want to." Keith said, picking up his glass of eggnog again and sipping it. It tasted like melted ice cream with some Christmas joy mixed in it. If Keith's thoughts were right, and he prayed they weren't, Kiru may have met Daeron. The one who played players like a violin, bending their thoughts to his advantage. 

London kindly began to scoot away from Atma, the player was starting to annoy him, well, "start" and "annoy" were massive understatements. He walked over to the bar to try and escape from Atma's idiocies, that or he was being a bit hyper or extreme. London didn't know him well enough to be calling him a blatant idiot....although that little "poem" he did about ninja zombies was...yeah. He leaned against the wall and put his hands in his pockets, still looking somewhat approachable.

Arekkusu crossed his arms when he heard of this. Maverick hunting guild, he never knew such a thing existed. Arekkusu grabbed his researcg memo and added one more to the list, he wanted to know everything about sao. One more topic to learn about for his history search. He was a bit happy though, a guild designed to keep law and order in the game, sure it may not be the best since really there was no official training, but its the thought that counts. He had Ignite listen a bit more to the information, anything to get his research done. It certainly beats turning insane for lost memories.

Arekkusu looked at his blade, he wasn't scared of much anymore. Could he consider himself a good person? That was debatable on many levels. For example, say Arekkusu for some reason got really high and actually wanted to join a guild. Would he join the one that was designed to keep order, or the one the prospers on the suffering of others. Well there was an obvious answer, but words can say so much. Actions determine how one deserves to be shown.

Arekkusu looked back to see his friends. His blade was a Phoenix symbol, which only worked on its own, the Phoenix lived on its own and fights for itself. Maybe Arekkusu was a bit of both, which can be either good or bad. Arekkusu leaned against the counter and closed his eyes, then he felt his hearing strengthen. More history class for Arekkusu.

London looked about. Atma was still bouncing around the room, Arekkusu seemed to be in his own thoughts at the moment, The man and girl were still mingling. The host and hostess were still conversing and Kosan was doing whatever he was doing. London sighed a bit, he had hoped to get a bit more out of this party but it was good for him to at least be at something social like this, London might spend a bit too much time by himself in this game. That may change in time but as of the moment, that is how it was.

Clarence's ears hear his name being said and he sees Keith, talking to the host. "I'm sorry. I'm going to have to pause this conversation for just a moment. Going to go bother a friend I havne't seen in a while." Clarence gives an apologetic smile and he walks over to Keith, a smile on his face. "Well, you are very blind aren't you Keith?" Clarence gives a smile to Keith, a man he hasn't seen in months, the one who owned Azure Brigade. "Also, how is it to be back and being in control of Azure Brigade?" Clarence smiles brightly, happy to see an old friend.

Atma had lost interest in Sindon, and had eventually made his way over to a 'friend'. "Hey, Arekkusu, what's going on?" he said calmly, "How has this game been treating you?" He stuffed his hands in his pockets and took a laid back stance. As he stood there, he thought over the song he had sung earlier, and said to Arekkusu in a near whisper, "I did pretty bad, didn't I?"

Standing outside of a shop where he was told to go to, he kicked open the door. The wind blew at the perfect time, causing his robe to flutter in the wind and his hair to sway to the right of his face. Looking into the room with his orange eyes, he saw a series of familiar faces... Keith, Kiru, Clarence, Lessa, and a few others. Then throughout the way of scanning the room, he saw a few strangers as well. After scanning the room for a long enough amount of time. Daeron took his first steps in, enough to where he could close the door so that the wind wouldn't keep rushing in.

Looking around the room again, he stretched his arms into the air for a moment and brought one hand through his hair and the other to his hip, where he gave a threatening look just to mess with the people he didn't know. After he figured plenty of people were rather intimidated, he walked a few more steps slowly. "No need to stare. Just because the most legendary player in Aincrad is here, just means that the party just got real!" he said as he began to laugh a bit.

Walking towards Lessa where he gave a look to Kiru on the way that showed that he thanked her for inviting him. "How's it going Lessa?" he said reaching out for a hug as he had told her that he would hit on her as much as possible. This was his way of getting even to try and get closer to her.

London looked over at the door that was just burst opened, looking at the player who was attempting to make his grand entrance. He rolled his eyes at his self proclaimed status of being the "Most legendary player in Aincrad." and returned back to his thoughts. It'd almost rather be left alone at this point but if someone came over to talk he definitely wouldn't mind the gesture...unless they were going to act the same as Atma. He'd rather stay away from that idiocy if he could. He withdrew a pencil from his pocket, he seemed to always have one handy for whatever reason. Then he'd end up losing it without his knowing. He spun the pencil between his fingers, fiddling with it. Great...He sighed. He was fiddling. He could feel his idle boredom settling in. He looked down and watched his fingers, making the pencil slip in and out between his fingers. Spinning it over his fingers at one points. He decided to put the pencil away and looked up, watching the party. Hopefully people would make merry, even if he was left by himself. Social activity was a minor thing to give up if people were actually starting to have fun.

I nearly choked on my drink when Keith mentioned Zelrius' name. Zelrius and I had met on several occasions, mostly just ticking each other off and having stupid contests. It was hard to explain him to anyone because one moment he would be all supercilious then the next he would be humble for a split second and in his thoughts. Mostly, we tested each other on how far our sarcasm could go. Then there was Clarence. I had only just met him tonight but he seemed to be...something. There wasn't much for me to go off of really. Then getting to this mysterious ex-hunter. Keith sure didn't like him by the way his body movements spoke. However, this intrigued me. Keith never really had a look of disgust on his face or the time that I had been acquainted with him. And what might this player's name be? I asked while slightly perking my eyebrow upwards.

Also if you tell me, I'll accept your guild offer. Kind of like secret for secret but not really because there is only one of us gaining something from this. I said, revealing a small bit of how self conceited I could actually be. I needed to know who, besides Vile, Keith felt disdain for. Joining his guild wouldn't be so bad knowing that people like Zelrius were in it, who stayed out of others' way unless they wanted to mess around. The only part I was unsure about was becoming a Maverick Hunter, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Then, almost as if Keith was beckoning him, Clarence came up to Keith. Almost about the same time Clarence came, Daeron did also. A smirked found it's way onto my face as he walked into the party, announcing himself as if he were royalty. He walked straight over to Lessa, she seemed to be quite popular tonight. I returned my attention back to my current conversation and looked at Clarence, trying not to glare to him for interrupting our conversation. 

Keith blinked as he saw Clarence approach him. Man, nostalgia came flowing back. "Clarence? Dude, long time no see! It's been way too long!" He said, smiling eagerly as he pat Clarence on the shoulder. "Heck yeah! Azure is totally coming back! Zelrius has come back as of late, too. Not to mention that it turns out that Shanok has started becoming active as well! But... Miaki hasn't been seen for a very long time. And Atlus and Cicila are..." Keith looked down, not having the willpower to inform what became of them to Clarence. If someone who was in his guild died, Keith blamed himself. "...A-Anyway, we can hold a guild meeting a few days from now, and get some recruitment done. For now, I'm talking to our oh-so lovely hostess here. It's really great seeing you again, dude!" Keith said with a smile, having pushed the earlier thoughts from his head.

He then turned back to Kiru and took her hand, ignoring the rest of his eggnog as he led her out to the balcony, closing the glass doors behind them as he led her out. Keith looked around, making sure no one else was out there, and then looked back to Kiru. "Okay, the ex-hunter is... Daeron. He used to be part of Azure, and we used to be great friends. But for every big fish, there's a leech on the belly. He killed multiple innocent, touched my younger sister, and then turned many other members to his goal. He's evil, plain and simple." Keith slumped against the rail, sighing as he looked up at the dark sky. "...I guess it's my fault, though. I should have been there to keep him from going down that road."

Clarence frowned slightly at the mention of Cicla's and Atlus's deaths. Another two people that he knows of now that have died. "We also.... lost Sakuri." Clarence grits his teeth lightly, even though its been a while it stills hurts to talk about. "But great! I'm glad the Azure Brigade is up and running.... I hope we hear back from Miaki soon.... and Shanok is back! Haven't seen him in forever. Also, Daeron is trying to change... I hope anyways. He is still his arrogant self, and I'm not trying to defend him, but I do believe he is changing..." Clarence didn't really know what else to say about Daeron, he just hoped that Daeron can move past what he is doing. "Oh and I'm sorry for intruding, just have't talked to him in a couple months. Wouldn't have killed you to write though..." Clarence trailed off witha light smile on his face.