[OP-F? The Speakeasy] Not In The Usual Mood (Limit of ten people)

I glared at Keith even though it wasn't his fault. Well, you know how I told you about me being popular with people at our high school? Well, yeah I got invited to all of those parties but I never attended one of them! Also, as a home schooled child in a giant house with no friends as a kid I didn't even go to any birthday parties. Man, I should have thought this through...I rubbed my hand against my forehead and clenched my other hand into a fist to keep it from shaking. Only Keith could quite understand anything I would be talking about right now. Since we were handcuffed to each other once we had a lot of "bonding time" together. I actually ended up being able to tolerate Keith. 

When Keith broke my thoughts I looked at the box in his hands. F-for me? I asked, taking it gently from his hands and hugging it slightly. Well, I did send an invite to everyone I knew. Which weren't that many but I also put a sign out saying anyone could come...My attention returned to the gift again. The wrapping was red with a green bow. I only had gotten a sword and a pair of gloves from a player dressed as Santa for myself earlier yesterday but those weren't really intended for me. Keith actually thought about me when getting this, or at least that's what I thought. The thought brought a small, unnoticeable, blush onto my face. Before I could thank him for the present, he was already bringing the party to his attention and putting it into full swing. 

I smirked, stepping to the side of Keith and nudging him in the arm with my elbow, he was really good at improv. My hand found it's way up to his shoulder and to his his weird familiar, a purple cat creature. I began to pet it behind the ear. Should I share the tale of the two chained together? I asked loudly to Keith, forgetting that other people could hear me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akane would have to remember this Celes girl, but then he decided that he had to ask the player one more question. It was obvious by now that he couldn't tell that she was annoyed by his presence, but he didn't know that. He walked up to her and asked in an ever so cheery voice, "Hey, sorry to keep talking about this, but where is that prankster's place located?" he asked. Then he did what he had told himself not to do and reached out and lightly touched her hair. Crap crap crap, he thought, terrified, dude why would you do that?

Clarence was happy but also feeling very lonely. Wish I knew some people well here.. Clarence thought to himself meekly as he sat down on one of the back couches, away from most of the people at the party. Clarence heard a familiar voice call out for stories and Clarence turned, hi eyes going wide and a slight smile on his face . "Keith...." Clarence muttered. It has been a very long time since Clarence saw Keith and Clarence was surprised to see him here. â€‹Don't make a huge spectacle, just wave or something, maybe he will see. Clarence waved to Keith a bit, hoping that Keith saw so they could at least say hi. Wait sin't there a guy around here? Clarence looked around till he saw a man, all by his lonesome. I wonder if he is all right... Clarence gave the man a concerned look and turned back to the party, not wanting to creep on the man.

London raised an eyebrow looking at the man touching the hostess's hair. That's.....strange. He was curious to see how this would play out. He turn in his chair a bit, finished with his bread and now just holding a cup of water, he rest his right heel on his left knee and watched. "This could get interesting..."He thought aloud, muttering the words under his breath. He wrapped his left arm around his stomach, he all around looked to seem somewhat sophisticated, or at the very least, attempting to look so. He wasn't wearing a suit and tie but class and manners aren't dictated by clothing.

Ruby purred slightly on Keith's shoulder, having warmed up to Kiru much more than when they first met. His tail swayed side to side as Keith looked over at Kiru. "Heh heh... Why not? That saves me from having to share a tale. After you're done, everyone else can tell a story." Keith said, bringing his hand up to the back of his head and running it through his hair. He knew what story Kiru was referring to, since he had been a part of it. Keith's train of thought was then interupted as he saw some random player waddle over and touch Kiru's hair. That was... Odd. Like, not a whole lot of people would just go and do that. "Um... Hey, guy, are you okay? You know, mental-wise?" Keith asked, tilting his head slightly as he looked to the socially-awkward player.

Arekkusu preferred to stay away from the crowd, and everyone knew the reasons. It can't be helped however, and that really sucks because some were his friends. But hey, what could he do? Arekkusu needed something, and then he saw it. Vodka, strong as hell, maybe his father for away from problems like this by drinking. Arekkusu was in a video game, so it couldn't hurt for him to try right? Arekkusu grabbed the drink and poured himself a cup. He was about to grab it until he then saw his small Phoenix speed and land on the cups edge. She had a look of disapproval on her face, and she had quite a plan.

"Damn it Ignite!" Arekkusu hissed silently at his Phoenix. The plan she had wasn't going to let Arekkusu drink, not unless he wanted everyone in here to burn into a crisp. "You're fire, that's Vodka,flammable Drinks, if you even touch it... What the hell do you want me to do Ignite? And how did you get out of my inventory anyways."

Ignite flew onto Arekkusu shoulder and opened his menu. She then placed his finger on the pm. He was still confused, but it certainly killed time.

London looked over and saw the display from the phoenix not to far away from him with Arekkusu, he was sitting at the bar after all. London cocked an eyebrow to this. I didn't know Arekkusu had a familiar...I wonder how he got it...and where I could get something like that...I don't think I'll need one. I prefer my sword...but a companion would be nice...He shook his head slightly, trying to rid the thoughts from his mind. He watched Arekkusu a bit though, he was curious, as always. This is all starting to get somewhat interesting...I hope Arekkusu doesn't get drunk or something of the like...funny as it may be to see him stumble I don't want him getting to any fights that he wouldn't have if he was sober...could you even get drunk in this game...I mean I suppose, since you have to eat and drink but how is that translated to the real world...we may think we're fine and healthy but our bodies outside don't fall to a trick like that so easily...I wonder if we've all been moved to hospital beds so they could feed us while we're in here....either that or no matter how high a level you are, we'll all start falling down to starvation. London continued to ponder these things to try and keep himself occupied, he wasn't one for giant get-togethers, especially with people he doesn't know well or if at all but this could be an opportunity to meet some new people...if they even noticed he was there and decided to strike up conversation with him.

The party was in full swing by the time the blonde arrived. She slipped through the door, then turned to slowly guide it back to its resting place. The last thing she desired was to make a grand entrance, especially considering her late arrival. As blue pools surveyed the crowd, she was pleased to find that she was not overdressed. Black dress pants hugged the curves of her shapely legs, and black pumps adorned each foot. Despite her rural upbringing, Lessa had about mastered the art of wearing heels; granted, they only added a few inches to her average height. The Rose had also swapped out her usual pink for a deep red blouse. It was loose, and hung freely about her person, constricting her movements far less than her pants did. A few gold buttons shimmered beneath the overhead lights. Her trademark blonde hair, however, still fell in loose waves over her shoulders.

Christmas had brought her here. Before Sword Art Online, it had been the girl's favorite holiday. She had listened to Christmas music for months in anticipation, and her decorations had generally been hung before Thanksgiving. In game, she had not experienced the same holiday spirit. Though she was beginning to climb out the depression that had befallen her in the past couple of months, she still did not feel much like partying. Besides, within the game, holidays often felt trivial. Beating the game was more important than colored lights and wrapped gifts.

That line of thinking had been precisely what convinced her to go. Lessa had quickly realized that believing the game was all that mattered would slowly strip her of her humanity. She had once argued this point with another player, and now, she was guilty of the same crime. It was little things like Christmas parties that kept her sane. If she were to bring hope back to the people of Aincrad, she would need to start believing herself.

Many of the players were already engaged in conversation, a few she recognized, and many she did not. Not wishing to interrupt, the woman retired to a nearby wall to observe.

Okay, I'll shorten it a little too. I stopped petting the purring familiar when once again, the boy felt the need to ask me questions. He wanted to know where the shop was. Of course I couldn't remember where it was or the floor even so I wasn't much help to him. No, I don't recall where it was. I said while keeping my voice stable. He was really getting on my nerves right now. Then suddenly he touched my hair. I gave him a confused mixed with a menacing glare. If no one was here then things would have gone differently right then. However, I took an insanely deep breath of annoyance and closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes I smiled at the young man in front of me who touched my hair and leaned in to whisper to him. Don't ever touch me again please. You are lucky that there are people here. I hissed at him and patted him on the back like nothing had happened. 

Then, I walked over to the bar where Arek was, gave him a weird look and stood on the table like structure. I clapped my hands together and began. This is a tale of two players right here in Aincrad. Their names are unknown to some but even one of you might know who they are. It all began one day when a girl walked along the town path. Suddenly a blue haired boy crashed right into her. The boy bounced back but the girl remained where she was, only falling to her knee. Of course the girl was quite irritated by the abrupt clash but they had no time to fuss over it. The cops of Aincrad were chasing the boy, he was a yellow player! The policemen attacked both players, thinking that they were together, and ultimately handcuffed the two together with a special item. This was not just any ol' pair of handcuffs. The effects were dangerous. The health of the two were combined together, the handcuffs were indestructible, and if one died so did the other. The girl was furious when this happened. Luckily, they worked together and defeated the guards but another problem arose, how were the cuffs going to come off? They would have to venture floor four to the jail and unlock it themselves without getting caught or killed. And so, the two set out to the woods. Along the way some Player Killers tried attacking them but they were no match for the pair. The next day they found the jail underground and unlocked themselves. They parted ways after that....The End! I ended the story without going much into detail about how exactly Keith and I did all of this in just two days. I also didn't tell the crowd that it was Keith and I who had been handcuffed together for two days. It was pretty funny recalling the entire story now that I said it all out loud.

I looked passed everyone to see a woman slip through the door. My stomach began to tighten as I recognized her. She was the one that Tristan had swept off her feet at the last party I had been to. It was really hard to admit it but it was heart wrenching to even remember that night. The first party I went to was one where I left feeling like an idiot for coming. I gave out a longing look at the door, wishing I could just leave but instead I hopped off the table and went to go properly introduce myself to her.  Hello, I um. Do you remember me? I asked akwardly to her while holding my hands together.

Arekkusu looked at Ignite, he couldn't help but just look as her and smile. He couldn't stay mad at her forever. If only she was a free willed beast so she could around, but for him to keep her, Arekkusu had go treat Ignite like an item. This saddened him, but it certainly beats leaving her behind. She can't inflict damage either, Ignite served to be a moral compass. If no one else were there for him, at least Ignite would be. Arekkusu started to feel better already, no longer in need of a drink of alcohol.

Arekkusu then noticed a player coming his way without warning, so Arekkusu quickly put Ignite back in his inventory and leaned against the counter as if he were like that the whole time. London was the one who approached him, which was a good thing considering the chances of if being someone not as good. Arekkusu was about to pm Sousuke, Yuki, Crozeph, Destiny, Sol, at least one of his best friends over, but one was now right here, so Arekkusu had no need for that.

London looked at the lass entering the party. Yes, she had come about silently, but a shadow will notice even the smallest sliver of light. He was a bit curious about the newcomer, she certainly was dressed for the occasion, London felt a bit self-conscious about adorning battle equipment to such a festive gathering but he let it pass, His armor seem to compliment him though, it's inky appearance contrasted with his black cloth long sleeve shirt which was underneath his armor which seemed to be brighter than the black armor. Having second thoughts he opened up his inventory and unequipped his armor for the time being. It might make him more approachable. He broke his stare before the girl could notice his gaze, not wanting to be rude. Everyone seems to be hanging back or be by themselves while a few others were attempting to actually make this somewhat resemble a party. Who could blame us? It's only been a short amount of time and this death game as put so many at unease...hmh.

That was possibly the most gentle way he could have phrased it, people must be killing themselves after they heard the news and he knew it. He was glad people were at least attempting to be festive and have a good time since it was quite possible they were going to be in this game for a relatively long time. Hopefully shorter than what he has in mind but a boy can only hope. He continued to watch to festivities.

Akane was taken aback by how the girl had reacted, and said the first thing that came to mind, "It's just hair, in a virtual world, you know?" He watched her walk away and tell a story that made no sense to him, and thought to himself, Hmmmm, I wonder what makes me so lucky others are around? With that, he hopped up onto another table and said rather loudly, "You only said please, meaning it was a request!" 

Akane was freaking out mentally, and swore aloud when he realized what he had done. Hopping down from the table, he walked to a corner of the room that was unoccupied and sat in a chair. Dude, what is your problem? Clean up your act! he thought, trying to avoid looking at the other party members.

Clarence looked around the party, noticing the lack of festivity of everyone. God people need to be happy, but what could we do? Clarence thought to himself silently as he saw a girl enter the party, silently entering. Who's that? Never met her before, well I've barely met anyone in this store area. Clarence decided to go actually mingle with the people here, first going to talk to the girl who just entered. I hope she doesn't get the wrong impression with me going and talking to her. Considering that I am gay... Clarence's thoughts trailed off and he noticed that he was close to the girl, a guy in a corner, and a third one who was dressed in black.... Wow.. they seem sooo inviting to have a conversation Clarence thought sarcastically as he approached the girl. "Hey, you seem like one of the few people here who actually would want a conversation. So, what's you name?"

Keith sat in one of the bar stools, crossing his arms and tipping back in the stool as he listened. He listened to the all-too-familiar story and smiled as he did so. Hearing it now, the whole tale seemed laughable, and Kiru and Keith had fought and argued like an old married couple the entire time it had been happening. But, they eventually started to get along. "You know, that blue-haired guy in the story sounds like a pretty cool dude!" Keith said with a light chuckle, petting his familiar as he listened in until Kiru finished.

Keith then heard someone shouted and his balance shifted in his seat, making him level out abruptly and throwing off his mellow-flow. About now, Keith was starting to get a little uncomfortable around this guy. And even more so, Keith didn't like the way he was talking to Kiru. Keith stood up and walked over to Kiru, placing a hand on her shoulder and leaning in to whisper into her ear. â€‹"Do you think that guy is stable? Because he seems a little... Well... Coo-Coo for Cocoa Puffs right about now."Keith said, keeping his voice low enough so only Kiru could hear him.

London saw the man hop on the table and shout. London fixed his stare to him, it was like a crow gazing at a carcass, as crude an image that may be. He's snapping. London concluded, he decided to keep somewhat of a watch at the man, making sure he wouldn't cause too much of an outburst. If he did, Sindon would grab him take him outside and calm him down. There was no need to make this whole party look like a failure, London might actually get up and talk to some people if feels the need to do so. He heard Keith's reply to the story and watched his body language. This is all becoming rather uncomfortable for everyone involved....The guy in the story was probably him and it was a story about these two but that's just assuming things. He looked over to see a man talking to the girl who had just entered. It's good to see someone trying to strike up conversation, This is all turning into a cesspool of angst. London let out a sigh. I'm sure things will pick up soon, these people all seem to be able to want to converse but with all these uncomfortableness it's like a bunch of socially awkward kids in a school yard...

A sudden voice startled the woman, but she managed to keep from appearing visibly shaken. Turning to the redhead, she took a moment to consider her question. Gaze swept over her once, twice, before lines cross-crossed her forehead. Though she tried to place the woman, she had a difficult time doing so. Something about her seemed vaguely familiar, but there was also something that was off about her. Had she ever interacted with a player with this color of hair? That's it. Eyes widened with recognition as realization washed over her. "I do, yes," she replied softly, offering the woman a soft smile. "I remember seeing you at the party that was thrown for Celes." Her lips curled into a small frown as she added, "I do apologize for that night. I know that there were many hurt feelings, and I do hope that I did not work to make things worse." Then, the woman in red extended her hand. "I don't think I caught your name though. My name is Lessa. It is a pleasure to meet you."

As she spoke to the redhead, another player moved up beside her. When he asked for her name, Lessa gave a small laugh. "Introductions all around then, I suppose," she commented, shaking her head. She had already given the woman her name, but she was unsure if the man had heard as well. "Lessa," she told him, nodding her head slightly in greeting. "And yes, I do enjoy a good conversation." Humor crept into her voice as she concluded with, "that is the reason why one would come to an event like this, I'd imagine."

"Touche." Clarence said with a light laugh. She seems very nice, maybe we could be friends. Clarence hopped for that anyways. "My name is Clarence." Clarence said with a humorous bow to the woman, Lessa. Clarence looked around the room at everyone else here. I only know Keith and Arekkusu.... well now I know Lessa. Maybe this will turn out better than expected... Clarence hopped for that too. "So Lessa, what brings you to such Exciting events such as this?" Sarcasm was clear in his voice as he spoke and motioned to everyone here. "Also, I hope that guy is okay, he seems a little embarrassed." Clarence says, referring to the man who is sitting in the corner, out of humiliation or just not wanting to see any one else.

The player that had been hanging out with Arek came up and stood beside me, addressing the girl and asking for her name. He seemed to not notice me but I didn't care. Lessa, that was her name as she said. Lessa had apologized for any issues at the party for Celes even though it wasn't her fault. She shouldn't be the one to take the blame for that night. 

Before I could reply to the woman I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I kept my eyes on the woman in front of me as I listened to Keith was talking about the guys that had shouted to me just a few moments earlier. I leaned in and whispered back to him, hopefully no one would hear any of our words exchanged. Yeah, no one has touched the alcohol yet so I think he's just a little anxious or something. I might have been a little harsh but it's not really an issue now since I can't change what I said to him. Anyways, thank you..for the gift I mean. If you want I could open it now but..I trailed off, gazing back at Lessa and the other male.  

I held up a finger to Keith to tell him I would return our conversation in a minute. I looked at Lessa and smiled. No, you shouldn't be apologizing for anything. You didn't cause any issues really, if anything you caused me to get my head back in a straight line of thought. Heh, I can't really say I blame him though. you are rather pretty. I brushed my hand through my candy colored red hair and looked back at Keith. Now what? I mean everyone is being a little cliquey now and plus there'd another girl here so I guess it's a little bit more equal. I whispered quietly in his ear. I needed him as of right now, I had no idea how to throw a party yet here I was, hosting one. 

Arekkusu then notices that it wasn't London, it wasn't anyone. Arekkusu rubbed his eyes and noticed that he saw no one. Since no one was paying attention to him, he brought out Ignite and rested her on his shoulder. He couldn't help but look at the guy who was yelling though... Arekkusu felt the need to help. He felt a bit of dejavu hit him. Arekkusu walked to the man as he brushed the back of Ignites head with his right index finger.

"Are you all right?" Arekkusu asked, noticing that not really anyone else would do this. He made sure he was quiet enough so that nobodies time could be interrupted. "I'm Arekkusu, please can you keep it down. It is storytime among us all and it seemed that Kiru told an interesting story. Please may we turn down the volume and listen, I would gladly appreciate it so much. Thank you."

Arekkusu was lying, he didn't even hear the story, he was too busy trying not to get Ignite to burn down the whole place with liquor, but he saw that the man was suffering. And some were talking about him too but didn't say anything? Arekkusu wanted to be that one to stand out, hopefully it paid off for everyone.

Akane opened his menu and selected the PM button. May as well apologize... he thought. As he wrote his message, he rethought it time and time again until he had what he thought was a decent apology. When it came time send the message, he thought back to when the player that the hostess had obvious issues with had said her name. Kiru, that was it. He finished sending the message and looks up at her with obvious fear, thinking that she might actually harm him.

He looked over the message he had sent: <My deepest apologies for disrupting your party and bothering you. I pray that you will forgive me and that I will larn to sto being an idiot. So, yeah, sorry. -Akane - The Red>

With that, he stood up and made his way outside, avoiding any player who happened to get near him. As he walked away from the shop, he cursed his behavior and said aloud, "Maybe I'll stop acting so foolish now..."